NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary

+5
Raggamuffin
SEXY MAMA
veya_victaous
Original Quill
eddie
9 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Empty Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

police giving back some tear gas

http://abcnews.go.com/International/riot-police-tear-gas-water-cannons-refugees-hungary/story?id=33797603

Back to top Go down

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Empty Re: Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:10 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Don't change the subject.  Do you have any proof? Evil or Very Mad

I don't need proof since I'm not interested in convincing you quill,this isn't about you and me

It's about peoples perception isn't it.

The possibility and the probability

Can it happen

Will it happen

Does it happen

I think you will have a harder time proving it doesn't than I will have suggesting it does

And yet you argue risks and daily you take greater risks by something simple as driving a car.
Astounding really

Back to top Go down

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Empty Re: Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:12 pm

gelico again wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

That made me chuckle, seems I really have hit a nerve, when I stand against both their ideologies.

no you dont you love them both

I have seen you make statements supporting them

Please present them Geli baby

Or is your nappy so full, the shit is now coming out of your mouth?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
gelico again wrote:

no you dont you love them both

I have seen you make statements supporting them

meltdown mode for didge

dance for me puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:14 pm

gelico again wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

meltdown mode for didge

dance for me puppy

I think its more like the puppet Gelico is dancing to my every whim

Ha ha ha ha

Bless you go and give your huuunies a call, make you feel better and more empowered lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:15 pm

At worst, the vast majority are ISIS and set on widespread terrorist attacks on us and other EU countries and/or running away from other criminal activity to try to get to EU to hide under a completely new made up name...

At best they are all simply economic migrants as they have left a safe country to try for better financial prospects...

Either way they have no business being allowed into any EU country.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
gelico again wrote:

meltdown mode for didge

dance for me puppy

Ha ha ha ha

Bless you go and give your huuunies a call, make you feel better and more empowered lol

and everytime you copy something said and then go ha ha ha ha proves it

Gotcha!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:18 pm

gelico again wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Ha ha ha ha

Gotcha!!!

What?

Ha ha ha

Really because geli baby says so?

Priceless

The only thing that has gotcha, is the steaming pile of turds lodge in your nappy love

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

At worst, the vast majority are ISIS and set on widespread terrorist attacks on us and other EU countries and/or running away from other criminal activity to try to get to EU to hide under a completely new made up name...

At best they are all simply economic migrants as they have left a safe country to try for better financial prospects...

Either way they have no business being allowed into any EU country.

I dont agree with the statement that the vast majority are ISIS nor economic migrants tbh

some are ISIS some are economic migrants and some are genuine refugees

problem is trying to differentiate - impossible

considering that more than 2000 people have left the UK to join ISIS and as has been reported some have even taken their kids out there kind of proves the point that some of them don't give a shit about their kids. but some of them really do so that's what makes it so hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Well lets do the maths shall we Gelico

First of all how many ISIS are in Syria?
Second how many do they need to continue to hold territory they have gained?
Third how many do they need to fight to gain more territory?
How many out of that number does that leave them spare to send into Europe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
gelico again wrote:

Gotcha!!!

What?

Ha ha ha

yup, because geli baby knows you oh so well

Priceless

The only thing that has gotcha, is the steaming pile of turds lodge in your nappy love

Laughing

oh and of course the fact that you are reduced to making statements like that when your argument runs dry and you have nothing more to say,,,,,

man up and dont be so scared didge - nothing wrong with other opinions,,,,nothing to be fearful of

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:26 pm

gelico again wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

What?

Ha ha ha

yup, because geli baby knows you oh so well

Priceless

Laughing

oh and of course the fact that you are reduced to making statements like that when your argument runs dry and you have nothing more to say,,,,,

man up and dont be so scared didge - nothing wrong with other opinions,,,,nothing to be fearful of

Look Gelico, you are upset because I was able to show how absurd your arguments were, that is obvious.
You are using fear based arguments against refugees which I find not only childish but insulting to the plight of refugees whilst you sit here all snug, while countless thousands suffer.
Hence why I ridicule poor arguments when they stem from negativity

Its time you grew up love, seriously

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
gelico again wrote:

Look Gelico, you are upset because I was able to show how absurd your arguments were, that is obvious.
You are using fear based arguments against refugees which I find not only childish but insulting to the plight of refugees whilst you sit here and snug, while countless thousands suffer.
Hence why I ridule poor arguments when they stem from negativity

upset LOL!! yeah, sooooo upset

and of course you making comments like 'shitting your nappy' is so mature, and adds so much to the debate,,,,,and you tell me to grow up

you crack me up puppy

lol!

i

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Gelico... I was saying the best and worst scenarios...

But the fact remains... the overwhelming vast majority have all left safe countries so none are genuine refugees having done so.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:35 pm

gelico again wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You are using fear based arguments against refugees which I find not only childish but insulting to the plight of refugees whilst you sit here and snug, while countless thousands suffer.
Hence why I ridule poor arguments when they stem from negativity

upset LOL!!  yeah, sooooo upset

and of course you making comments like 'shitting your nappy' is so mature, and adds so much to the debate,,,,,and you tell me to grow up

you crack me up puppy

lol!

i

Arguments that play up on negativity are poor Gelico, its very simple, because they cloud any rational reasoning.
case in point you argued off youtube videos, whilst clearly you have not seen many showing the plight of Refugees suiffering in such appalling conditions. You argue off some instances where the people suffering under such conditions look to break out. That is a natural reaction where people are genuinely suffering, but you do not look at that aspect. This is evident again today you start a thread with the view this was refugees throwing rocks, well yes they did after being attacked with tear gas, after being hemmed in like cattle. You only look at what drives your fear and we then have to weigh up if your fear ius genuine compared to theirs?
Yours is a fear based off the risk of terrorism compared to their imminent plight.
Its not even comparable, they clearly are in greater need.

That is why you need to grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Well lets do the maths shall we Gelico

Bumped again for Gelico to respond too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Well lets do the maths shall we Gelico

Sleep how about you go find out the answers and then get back to me on it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:49 pm

gelico again wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Sleep  how about you go find out the answers and then get back to me on it

I have already done this on another thread here with Dibs.
Just recently as well, so I do have the stats, but as seen you seem scared to even look into.
I mean surely this would proviode you with some estimates would it not of how many you think of ISIS would be coming to Europe or can you not use your brain?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
gelico again wrote:

i have never joined EDL, supported EDL, been on an EDL rally in my life

oh dear, wrong again

your accusations are so fear based

You hero wosrhipped them love lol

I've never known of gels to actually support the EDL?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:57 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

that's because I haven't

but didge, true to form, throws around stupid comments when he has nothing better to offer

I do however have a lot of respect for Stephen Lenon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

And that some how makes it not so Eddie?

I do not think so, I have watched her views over many years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:01 pm

gelico again wrote:
eddie wrote:

that's because I haven't

but didge, true to form, throws around stupid comments when he has nothing better to offer

Spare me the victim card, its pathetic when you have been throwing things yourself Gelico

To me your views are in line with EDL views.

As to the debate, let me know when you wish to address my last to main posts to you

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Ah come on didge! You can't claim to have "watched someone's views" and then deduce they are of a certain political leaning?!!

That's unfair labelling actually.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:05 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Ah come on didge! You can't claim to have "watched someone's views" and then deduce they are of a certain political leaning?!!

You can certainly deduce view points based off how they argue and reason.
Is that any different from her claiming I worship Hitler and Anjem Choudary?
No, but I did not get my knickers in a twist over it did I?
I just reason my points and sometimes banter gets thrown in, I am sure Gelico is fine, just as I am its forum life after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
gelico again wrote:

that's because I haven't

Spare me the victim card, its pathetic when you have been throwing things yourself Gelico

victim?  a victim of your stupid comments??

yes yes, I know, but then again you are quite stupid, so I'm hardly surprised at that

As to the debate, let me know when you wish to address my last to main posts to you

Show your stats then and all your you tube videos of the poor desperate refugees

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Well I wouldn't like to be accused of following a party like the EDL just as I wouldn't like to be called a nazi.

But then, I don't throw insult around and I rarely label people.
I think labels do debates a lot of damage.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

LOL!  You can actually eddie unfair or not. he falsly says I am an EDL follower, so I say he's a chowdry follower,,, he knows he's being ridiculous

anyways me n the didge have always been the same with each other - nowt to worry about tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:11 pm

eddie wrote:

killjoy!!

lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Go ahead, bash eachotehrs brains out

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 859118666 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 2215183653 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 1794926327
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:14 pm

eddie wrote:Well I wouldn't like to be accused of following a party like the EDL just as I wouldn't like to be called a nazi.

I think labels do debates a lot of damage.

It goes with the territory on here.
I get called plenty all the time, I am used to it.
Its beside the point anyway as now this is deflecting from the points in the debate providing Gelico with a get out cluase

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:16 pm

eddie wrote:Go ahead, bash eachotehrs brains out

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 859118666 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 2215183653 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 1794926327

nah, it's too easy - no sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:18 pm

gelico again wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

victim?  a victim of your stupid comments??

yes yes, I know, but then again you are quite stupid, so I'm hardly surprised at that

Show your stats then and all your you tube videos of the poor desperate refugees

Considering you are flapping here in the debate to call me stupid is quite amusing as that must make you lesser than me lol.

Anyway here is some numbers for you to help you start to figure out.
As I say I went through this once before and its more enjoyable to watch you struggle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_activity_of_ISIL

So how many fighters in Syria do they need to hold their gains?

How many do they need to gain more territory?

How many can they free up to send to Europe from Syria?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
gelico again wrote:

I thought you had all the answers to this didge

and your you tube videos of refugees?

did you post them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Hungary has a right to defend it's borders... those people should fuck off back to the safe countries they were already in!!!

Hungary has no right to treat humans in such a capacity.
Its barbaric.
But then your ability to reason Twatty is barbarity.
You are just iuncivilized.

They're used to barbaric behaviour they're moslems Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:18 pm

gelico again wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Here we go again
Yes there is some videos out there that you easily buy up and then  claim this is what they are all like
 I mean over half a million refugees are now not refugees from Syria and other war torn nations?
WTF are on love?
If people are treated as cattle how on earth would you feel with the Police starting this by throwing tear case into women and children?

except that I watched this whole situation unfold as it actually happened

they (migrants) tried to storm through the borders and were held/driven back.

then they throw whatever missiles they can find over on to the police

the police did not start it you silly goose

you have a deep rooted fear (bordering on phobia) of ever being wrong about anything, which is why you concoct some wild arguments to try and prove yourself right

fill yer boots - you're still talking shite

gelico that made me laugh so much and i really needed a laugh i love your sense of humour and love your sarcasm Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 2984306523 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 3489511464 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 3489511464 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:29 pm

gelico again wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

I thought you had all the answers to this didge

and your you tube videos of refugees?

did you post them

I do have a very good idea on estimates, but its you as seen that has not a clue which is odd being as you are the one claiming fear of ISIS members getting through with Refugees.

So I will ask again as you seem to be trying get out of answering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:30 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
gelico again wrote:

except that I watched this whole situation unfold as it actually happened

they (migrants) tried to storm through the borders and were held/driven back.

then they throw whatever missiles they can find over on to the police

the police did not start it you silly goose

you have a deep rooted fear (bordering on phobia) of ever being wrong about anything, which is why you concoct some wild arguments to try and prove yourself right

fill yer boots - you're still talking shite

gelico that made me laugh so much and i really needed a laugh i love your sense of humour and love your sarcasm Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 2984306523 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 3489511464 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 3489511464 Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 3489511464

sarcasm? moi?

glad to be of service, i'm sure

how is your dad doing dibs? i read somewhere you said he was poorly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:46 pm

gelico again wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

sarcasm?  moi?

how is your dad doing dibs?   i read somewhere you said he was poorly

He is really poorly , he has Parkinson's and dementia some days we think he is on his way out then he picks up again .
My mum couldn't wake him Monday so i rushed round there , we eventually got him downstairs on the stair lift , now that's a full time job Razz , he gets stuck at the top and i have to go up and start it off for him Rolling Eyes . So we have my mum who can't walk up stairs and uses the stair lift and my dad who can't walk down its like a comedy show even though its serious but laughing makes it easier. My mum is a one tough cookie though she puts up with a lot .
But as for my dad well he is more or less the same just sits there bless him and tries to speak and we can't understand him nor hear him as his voice has nearly gone , but we try to guess what he is saying so he feels a part of it Sad .
Thank you for asking i appreciate it a lot Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Plenty more to post if you want to see more Gelico

I shall look in tomorrow is you can then add up your maths to how many you think ISIS have sent based on their numbers and what they need to fight in Syria and Iraq.

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
gelico again wrote:

sarcasm?  moi?

how is your dad doing dibs?   i read somewhere you said he was poorly

He is really poorly , he has Parkinson's and dementia some days we think he is on his way out then he picks up again .
My mum couldn't wake him Monday so i rushed round there , we eventually got him downstairs on the stair lift , now that's a full time job Razz , he gets stuck at the top and i have to go up and start it off for him Rolling Eyes . So we have my mum who can't walk up stairs and uses the stair lift and my dad who can't walk down its like a comedy show even though its serious but laughing makes it easier. My mum is a one tough cookie though she puts up with a lot .
But as for my dad well he is more or less the same just sits there bless him and tries to speak and we can't understand him nor hear him as his voice has nearly gone , but we try to guess what he is saying so he feels a part of it  Sad .
Thank you for asking i appreciate it a lot Smile

damn! that's a lot to cope with

I understand your point about laughing though

I lost my mum 5 years ago now to cancer and wondered how my dad would cope

he had a major stroke the following year which fucked up his brain (temporarily) He passed out driving the car and when he came to in the hospital didn't know anyone's name.

doctor: what's your name

dad: I dont know

doctor: are you married

dad: she died

doctor: do you have children

dad: yes 3

doctor: what are their names

dad: I dont know

He kept trying to say he was 110 years old. It was some time before we realised he was saying his door number LOL!.

it was weeks before he was able to get his memory back slowly but even now he has trouble with some words.

It was hilarious at the hospital though - he was talking complete gobbledigook when trying to say normal words. The only words he could say clearly were swear words. It was like tourettes and he kept trying to apologise for it as he's not really a mass swearer and doesn't swear in front of ladies, so a nurse would come in and ask him how he was and he would just bark FUCK ---- FUCK and then looked horrified. The rest of us were in fits of laughter though. Sad though it was at the time it was also fabulous entertainment.

He's doing great now though 79 years old, works as a volunteer at the stroke club and has a girlfriend.

Dementia is such a depressing illness though. I really feel for you. If I were a praying person I would pray for you but I'm not so I'll just send you a hug,,,,,,stay strong dibs xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:38 pm

I presume when they arrive here and just walk into peoples homes and take over...Didge will support their right to do so....(dont laugh///It HAS happened, folks away for a week come back and find a family of migrants in THEIR home...that they have worked and paid for....In one particular incident all their stuff was chucked out...their pets released or destroyed.... happened about 4 yrs ago and was NOT an isolated incident) It takes weeks to get a posession order, indeed the judicial system will deliberately take its time , stall and evade to give the REAL owner possession, and the cops will prevent YOU as lawful owner from doing what you rightly should be able to do.....

oh and no matter what bills these invaders run up on your utilities....YOU are still held responsible for them.....

But didge will tell you that this is all due punishment for your ancient ancestors rapaciousness....and that its quite alright...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:50 pm

These are invaders... be in no doubt over this simple truth...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Calling Bullshit On the Anti-Refugee Memes Flooding the Internet

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441891726

A couple of days ago the BBC published a story debunking a photo that claimed to show a refugee in Europe was a member of the Islamic State (IS). The before-and-after photo, which went viral after previous reports in the media of IS using the "migrant crisis" to smuggle militants into the European Union, turned out to be false. The man shown in the image – shared tens of thousands of times – was not an IS militant but a former commander in the Free Syrian Army who had been profiled by the Associated Press only last month.
That wasn't the only meme of this sort. There are tonnes of them doing the rounds on social media, sometimes being shared by people you perhaps thought better of. A lot of the people sharing them must just be easily led, but presumably at the heart of it are some racist jerks cranking up the meme generators and knowingly filling the internet with lies.
Keen to know how many more memes have been faked, cropped or taken out of context by those who want refugees kept outside of Europe, I spent yesterday evening wading through the horror of far-right Facebook. Here's what I found:

REFUGEES ARE IN FACT HULKING BODYBUILDERS

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441883859-size_1000
Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441883859-size_1000
A particularly bizarre trope is that refugees are not victims of war but are in fact all body-builders who are going to come over here and stomp around British towns inflicting their severe roid-rage on everyone. They should obviously take those bulging biceps and punch Assad's barrel-bombs out of the sky.
Photographs like the ones above are being circulated on a number of far-right Facebook pages including the EDL (shared over 3,000 times), South East Alliance (a far-right EDL splinter-group) and Pegida UK.
The pictures have, unsurprisingly, been taken out of context. A quick reverse image search on the photos above and below shows they were taken back in 2013 by a photographer in Christmas Island off the coast of Australia. This becomes all the more clear in the picture below:

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441892286

See that yellow writing on the blue uniform? It says Australian Customs and Border Protection.

REFUGEES ARE COWARDLY MEN WHO HAVE LEFT THEIR WOMEN AND CHILDREN BEHIND

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441883933-size_1000
(Image via the EDL Facebook page)

Quite a few of the memes I found try and dehumanise refugees in Europe by claiming they are all cowardly men who have left behind women and children in war-zones. The photo above, for example, shows a bunch of men being welcomed in Germany, after arriving last week on special trains in Munich. The first place I found the original photo – taken by a Reuters journalist – was on the CBC News website, on top of a video shot from the same station in Munich.

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441883980-size_1000

Male refugees are obviously no less deserving than anyone else, but keen to get a sense of who else was in the crowd I decided to click and watch the full video. Here are some screen-grabs I took that surprisingly didn't make it into the meme:
Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884026-size_1000
Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884039-size_1000
Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884051-size_1000

REALLY OBVIOUSLY FAKE PHOTOS

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884071-size_1000
(Image via Pegida UK Facebook page)

I found the above image posted on the Facebook page of Pegida UK, the British offshoot of an Islamophobic street-based protest movement, which first formed in Germany last year. It accompanies an invitation to protest outside Downing Street on the 19th of this month to oppose Britain being given to "complete strangers". You might have thought someone who really hates refugees would have a good idea of where they're actually coming from but apparently not. The ship photographed – with comments calling for it to be "torpedoed" – is actually from 1991 and shows several thousand Albanians leaving for Italy.
This photo obviously looks old – taken on film. Are these racist-meme mongers even trying any more? You have to wonder if the people sharing this one just want to believe it.

ISIS ARE INVADING RIGHT NOW

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884113-size_1000
ERMEGERRRDDDD!!!! It's happening RIGHT NOW! (Screenshot of the Britain First Facebook page)

Here's one from Britain First, the far-right group with an influential web presence and memes that your grandma is highly likely to share on Facebook. According to the group the image above shows 2000-odd Isis fighters heading, as we speak, to your pokey little English town.
In fact another quick reverse image search reveals the photo was taken back in 2013 by a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and shows displaced Syrians crossing the Tigris River into Iraq.

IMMIGRANTS ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME IN PLUSH HOTELS

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884159-size_1000
Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884173-size_1000
Last month, after the number of refugees trying to reach Britain from Calais  rose sharply, a bunch of reports surfaced in the media about reception centres becoming full and refugees that had made it over temporarily staying in British hotels.

The thought of asylum seekers staying in two star B&Bs in Wigan was too much to handle for some racists who believe people fleeing Syria and Eritrea should be punished for the government's poor track record on homeless veterans. A few weeks ago one far-right group called the Pie and Mash Squad — a bunch of football hooligans linked to the EDL – decided to take action by encouraging its Facebook followers to leave fake reviews on TripAdvisor slandering the refugees and criticising the hotels for having them

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884203-size_1000

Reviews quickly began appearing online. I found one user called Natalie S who had written two posts on the same day for two different hotels: one in Stockport and one in Cardiff, both extremely hostile to the refugees staying there.

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884586-size_1000

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884222-size_1000

Was Natalie S a follower of the Pie & Mash Squad? Or was she a concerned British hotel guest that had recently stayed in both Stockport and Cardiff? It's hard to prove for sure but the Daily Mail certainly seemed convinced.

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441884232-size_1000

REFUGEES ARE TERRORISTS

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441883704-size_1000

The BBC may have debunked the first viral photo but you can expect to see plenty more. I found this image posted on the EDL website.
Let's put aside any doubts about whether that's even the same guy from left to right. Given the EDL's usual schtick, the clear implication is that this guy is a jihadi terrorist. However, there's no real evidence to say who he was fighting with when this photograph was taken. If anything, his uniform suggests that he could be a former fighter for the YPG – a Kurdish, non-Islamist group battling the Islamic State in Syria. It's not cut and dry, but if anything Isis fighters might be more likely to wear black and cover their faces.
The image was also tweeted out by the editor in chief of a Lebanese radio station – Radio Sawt Beirut International – who claimed he was a Kurdish militant.

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 Kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846-body-image-1441883773-size_1000

In short, you should probably double check before you believe any anti-refugee memes that might float into your feed.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/kleinfeld-refugee-memes-debunking-846

So help me, you people utter disgust me.  The refugees have been through a hell you can't even begin to imagine, watching their children/husbands/wives/parents etc gassed, blown to shreds, buried in bombed building, miles and miles and miles of land that looks like the end of the world.  They are fighting and swimming, and marching and just keeping going to try and get a better life against all the odds.  Filth like the EDL put out lies and you go, oh have you seen some of it, makes you doubt it!!!!!!  DOUBT 8 MILLION PEOPLE WOULD GO THROUGH ALL THIS TO GET OUT OF A LIVING HELL!!!

I hope we are never in their position, because the whingy whiney racist shits in the deadpool that call themselves 'nationalists' and 'patriots', would not have the guts to go through what these refugees have gone through, and still keep trying.

Oh, and while I'm at it, that c..t Osborne was stoned out of his skull again during PMQs today.  That's who you voted for to run our economy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:07 pm

And another one:

Riot Police Use Tear Gas, Water Cannons Against Refugees in Hungary - Page 3 CO-hxSMWUAguHF4

IT'S ACTUALLY US RAPPER ICE CUBE

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:09 pm

Sassy you twat... I have already pointed out on another thread the fact that many of The pictures of The so called Syrian refugees in southern Europe are well dressed, well groomed and well built men...

Stop trying to bullshit...

Those in your pictures are also well dressed, well groomed and well built men... And also not refugees but just more Islamist fighters entering Australia under the cover of asylum...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:15 pm

Oh, and while I'm at it, that c..t Osborne was stoned out of his skull again during PMQs today. That's who you voted for to run our economy.

and he didn't even share it round?

selfish bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Sassy, I get where you're coming from and there is a lot of propaganda out there mixed with truth.
But.
You can't ignore what thousands and thousands of people are saying or feeling or worrying about.

That's not fair.

And that doesn't make people feel any less upset or concerned over the refugees.
It simply does not.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:24 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Sassy you twat... I have already pointed out on another thread the fact that many of The pictures of The so called Syrian refugees in southern Europe are well dressed, well groomed and well built men...

Stop trying to bullshit...

Those in your pictures are also well dressed, well groomed and well built men... And also not refugees but just more  Islamist fighters entering Australia under the cover of asylum...

I didn't think you'd be worried about that tommy Suspect Suspect Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:27 am

victorismyhero wrote:I presume when they arrive here and just walk into peoples homes and take over...Didge will support their right to do so....(dont laugh///It HAS happened, folks away for a week come back and find a family of migrants in THEIR home...that they have worked and paid for....In one particular incident all their stuff was chucked out...their pets released or destroyed....  happened about 4 yrs ago and was NOT an isolated incident) It takes weeks to get a posession order, indeed the judicial system will deliberately take its time , stall and evade to give the REAL owner possession, and the cops will prevent YOU as lawful owner from doing what you rightly should be able to do.....

oh and no matter what bills these invaders run up on your utilities....YOU are still held responsible for them.....

But didge will tell you that this is all due punishment for your ancient ancestors rapaciousness....and that its quite alright...

Sometimes you come out with the most idiotic bollocks. Oh another Jackanory Story from the Elmer Fudd fantasy realms eh on immigrants? Quell surprise and quell surprise if I do not buy such bullshit.
At least people have pledged to open up their homes to the refugees but where you get this idea people are going to share their homes is born again from fear and pure ignorance, the sort iof ignroance that we used to hear Nick Griffin spout all the time on TV. At no point is people going to have or need to share their homes and have not done so for decades where we have had refugees come to this country. The reality is they are given shitholes to live in where nobody else wants to live. When are you going to get it in your head, that helping humans has nothing to do with geography, that you help people that need help, not some nationalistic bullshit that you only help people within the boundaries invented to form a nation? You and many others here glady pay for people who cannot pay for themselves of which you have no connection to other then than being on the land within these boundaries. You have no biological or family connection, yet you are happy to help people you do not know from adam, but not other people you do not know from adam who live outside these boundaries. You can help people hundreds of miles away but not thousands. Its the most illogical hypocritical bullshit and all you do is peddal your fear arguments, which some here lap up to because they cannot think for themselves.  Your arguments on refugees are bullshit born from fear which lack any substance.  Well sorry Elmar Fudd of all people you live in a rural area which cleary shows your greed to how much land you have the capacity to share and that is your problem your ability to share. None of us own this country, we are a part of it and you did naff all to create its infrustructure and no amount of fear here will validate your argument.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:22 am

eddie wrote:Sassy, I get where you're coming from and there is a lot of propaganda out there mixed with truth.
But.
You can't ignore what thousands and thousands of people are saying or feeling or worrying about.

That's not fair.

And that doesn't make people feel any less upset or concerned over the refugees.
It simply does not.

Its unfair you say?
So where hate was promoted against the jews based on a fear of their culture being imcompatiable with German society. Where they claim Judaism was out to control the world through Communism. Where Jews were claimed to be raping German women. Where it was claims Jews were overrun the country as immigrants. Where Jews were seen as subhuman. I can go on the list is endless of where so many of the arguments you here today were once used against the Jews. Are you telling me that based on numbers that where the Nazis won a majority, I should listen to poor ignorant fear based arguments? Seriously your saying that fear outweighs the pressing imminent need of the plight of hundreds of thousands of refugees? That you claim its unfair that I challenge people being led by fear placing a risk a minimal risk at that over the needs of hundreds of thousands of people? Its not a case of ignoring but rationalizing if there is merit to this fear or if that fear outwieghs the needs of many people and sadly its always irrational fear that leads to humans panicing and making very selfish decisions with little due care for those who needs are most pressing. So is it unfair or are you saying I should pander to fear from others? When that fear is based on minimal risk and over the top exaggeration?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next