NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A belated "goodbye, at least for now"

4 posters

Go down

A belated "goodbye, at least for now" Empty A belated "goodbye, at least for now"

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:24 am

I realised this morning it's been more than 10 years since this forum was created. Not that it's been going strong the whole time -- its heyday was obviously over a few years ago.

Little did I know when I spent a quiet Saturday on 19 Jan., 2013 setting up this forum, that it would lead me to the love of my life and a radical change that resulted in me becoming a husband, a stepfather, and a resident of the United Kingdom.

I'm not going to pretend it's all been roses. There have been fights and flame wars too numerous to count.

But there have also been a good number of good times. Interactions that helped us learn from each other, or at least realise that for all the things that divide us, there are also many things that draw us together.

Thank you to everyone who signed up and contributed over a time span that included three U.S. presidencies, a dramatic global pandemic, the death of the longest-serving British monarch and so much more.

It's time, though, to draw the curtains. Past time, actually.

I'm going to leave the forum open for a few days and give anyone who might occasionally log in the chance to comment on this thread. Then I'll change the settings so that no new posts are allowed.

At least for now. Who knows what the future will bring?

I wish each and every one of you nothing but the best, and I bid you a very fond "see you later."

And for quite possibly the last time ever:

A belated "goodbye, at least for now" Gayblade1
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

A belated "goodbye, at least for now" Empty Re: A belated "goodbye, at least for now"

Post by Syl Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:57 pm

Had to search for my pw, to log in and respond to this. Smile

It was a pleasure to post here, one of the nicest forums I ever found, you had some great posters, all sadly moved on now, but it was great while it lasted.

I'm so happy you found the happiness you didn't expect, just shows life can take unexpected turns when you least expect it to.
Eddie is a love, we bonded from the start, a more open and honest poster (and I have no doubt person) I have yet to meet online....may you both have the rest of your lives together, to laugh, live' love...etc etc, you both deserve it.

To you both, and all the other lovely people I posted with on here...unless our paths cross on a different forum.
Tara. xxx
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

A belated "goodbye, at least for now" Empty Re: A belated "goodbye, at least for now"

Post by Eilzel Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:33 am

I’ve looked in now and again, not logged in for a while.

It was a tremendous run. There have been some great debates over the years and I’ve enjoyed posting here over, even when responding to views I’ve detested. Obviously there was a downturn but I think that this forum lasted a bit after the general collapse of forums post social media

I’m glad we are in touch outside of here Ben, and at some point I will make it down to London so we can have that long awaited meet up. So happy you found Ed’s through this place.

It is sad that it won’t continue, but it makes sense to bring it to a close and ten years is a nice solid number to go out on.

It was fun x
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:49 am

Chat forums served a purpose for me when I needed it way back in 2010.

This forum has to be the best that was ever done.

Ben you are an absolute star and I'm so glad you made this place.

Much love to everyone who ever posted on here.

I don't have any contacts outside of this forum so it really is au revoir for me

God Bless you all

xxxxx

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:28 pm

gelico wrote:

Chat forums served a purpose for me when I needed it way back in 2010.

This forum has to be the best that was ever done.

Ben you are an absolute star and I'm so glad you made this place.

Much love to everyone who ever posted on here.

I don't have any contacts outside of this forum so it really is au revoir for me

God Bless you all

xxxxx

Sent you a PM
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down