NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

+17
JulesV
Bella
SEXY MAMA
Ben Reilly
magica
nicko
Raggamuffin
Andy
Eilzel
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
Major
Spindleshanks
Syl
eddie
Victorismyhero
HoratioTarr
21 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 6 Empty Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Muslim-owned restaurant in London is offering a three-course meal to homeless and elderly people on Christmas Day so that “no one eats alone”.

Shish Restaurant, in Sidcup, is asking local residents to spread the word of its offer and has put up posters saying “We are here to sit with you” on 25 December.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/turkish-restuarant-free-christmas-meals-elderly-sidcup-xmas-lunch-offers-a7456686.html?cmpid=facebook-post
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 6 Empty Re: Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:55 am

Major wrote:How many have ACTUALLY had this alleged FREE FEED?

It isn't Christmas day yet. Try asking that question around 26 Dec. and you may get an answer.

Try reading the thread and the article properly.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 6 Empty Re: Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:30 am

Idea

ONCE AGAIN STORMEE demonstates just why he should be considered this forum's  #1 "Troll"...

As all he ever seems to do is "parachute" into threads like this,  with the sole intent of derailing, deflecting or denouncing the discussions, while constantly peddling his vile, sexist, racist, fascist, islamist and plain twisted BNP/EDL/KKK inspired nonsense;   all the while squeeling about his free speech "rights" be denied, and proclaiming himself some kind of "patriot"..

And then he and his merry little band of "good guys" Majorettes attempt to redirect the heat by further falsely claiming that their detractors are the real trolls, supposed enemies of free speech, and somehow traitors to Democracy.

When the crap finally does hit the proverbial fan, I wouldn't want to be depending on any of that slimy little mob of craven cowards,  as I reckon they will be the first 'heading for the hills'..             Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 6 3986371719
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:41 am

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well then perhaps you shouldn't have started backslapping Les when he made that silly comment.

Does being a miserable little stick make your days go faster?

I was merely pointing out that Sassy can't really complain about the off-topic stuff when she helped to take the thread off topic in the first place.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:41 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Idea

ONCE AGAIN STORMEE demonstates just why he should be considered this forum's  #1 "Troll"...

As all he ever seems to do is "parachute" into threads like this,  with the sole intent of derailing, deflecting or denouncing the discussions, while constantly peddling his vile, sexist, racist, fascist, islamist and plain twisted BNP/EDL/KKK inspired nonsense;   all the while squeeling about his free speech "rights" be denied, and proclaiming himself some kind of "patriot"..

And then he and his merry little band of "good guys" Majorettes attempt to redirect the heat by further falsely claiming that their detractors are the real trolls, supposed enemies of free speech, and somehow traitors to Democracy.

When the crap finally does hit the proverbial fan, I wouldn't want to be depending on any of that slimy little mob of craven cowards,  as I reckon they will be the first 'heading for the hills'..             Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 6 3986371719

And yet Scrat is put in the 'internment camp' for apparently doing the same thing but with a difference in that he is fighting against that nonsense. Whers's the justice - fair justice.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Stop using the term Parachuted, it brings back good times that can't be repeated. Sad
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Bella Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:23 pm

Major wrote:Tesco is all halal, they do not give us a choice in OUR OWN country, they side with mslims cus they charge less I reckon.

Ah well,you'll just have to do your Christmas shop at Fortnums, they don't serve Halal meat apparently.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/08/halal-meat-hysteria-new-zealand-lamb_n_5285905.html

Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Bella wrote:
Major wrote:Tesco is all halal, they do not give us a choice in OUR OWN country, they side with mslims cus they charge less I reckon.

Ah well,you'll just have to do your Christmas shop at Fortnums, they don't serve Halal meat apparently.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/08/halal-meat-hysteria-new-zealand-lamb_n_5285905.html

lol! lol! lol!     He's probably say that's where he shops anyway..

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Why won't you eat halal food, Major?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:27 pm

sassy wrote:
Bella wrote:

He'd like to think so Smile
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:31 pm

Bella wrote:
sassy wrote:

He'd like to think so Smile

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:57 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Cause he thinks a Magic Sky giant blessed it for another group of people instead of Englishmen.
He wants one blessed by the skygiant for Englishmen only and will eat no other.

He should refuse to eat until a skygiant blesses some meat for him Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:02 am

Eat Haggis. Surely that's not halal?

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:06 am

Eilzel wrote:

Don't worry about it Les. The real question being asked on this thread is why anyone would want to discredit a well meaning act by the restaurant to help feed the ederly and the homeless so that they don't have to be alone on Christmas day.

Your a top potato in my book and most other decent people as well.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:06 am

I dunno, after it's run round and round the mountain with it's one short leg for long enough, I'm sure it would be happy to have it's throat cut.

I'd love to know how people get round the fact that every method cuts the throat, and it it has to be cut while the animal still has a beating heart, in order for the blood to be pumped out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:08 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Don't worry about it Les. The real question being asked on this thread is why anyone would want to discredit a well meaning act by the restaurant to help feed the ederly and the homeless so that they don't have to be alone on Christmas day.

Your a top potato in my book and most other decent people as well.

Wouldn't it have been a different thread if a restaurant run by white people had been doing this.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:08 am

Thanks, Irn, you too. I would like to hear Major's honest answer though- I have a feeling the real truth of it is the same as the reason he would try to discredit feeding the homeless...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:10 am

sassy wrote:I dunno, after it's run round and round the mountain with it's one short leg for long enough, I'm sure it would be happy to have it's throat cut.

I'd love to know how people get round the fact that every method cuts the throat, and it it has to be cut while the animal still has a beating heart, in order for the blood to be pumped out.

I just hope the poor wee things didn't suffer. I noticed that Morrisons are selling Veggie Haggis now so that's an option but not for me I'm afraid
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:14 am

Irn Bru wrote:
sassy wrote:I dunno, after it's run round and round the mountain with it's one short leg for long enough, I'm sure it would be happy to have it's throat cut.

I just hope the poor wee things didn't suffer. I noticed that Morrisons are selling Veggie Haggis now so that's an option but not for me I'm afraid

Good Lord, OH would have a heart attack!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:17 am

sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Good Lord, OH would have a heart attack!

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:21 am

Well, on that note I'm heading for bed, to dream about the haggis with his one short leg lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:27 am

People should have the information when buying meat whether they are buying halal or not. I know in this thread there are opposing views about which method of killing the animal is the least humane, but like we have the info on eggs (free range) or tinned fish (dolphin friendly) meat buyers should also have the option to choose.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:31 am

Syl wrote:People should have the information when buying meat whether they are buying halal or not. I know in this thread there are opposing views about which method of killing the animal is the least humane, but  like we have the info on eggs (free range)  or tinned fish (dolphin friendly) meat buyers should also have the option to choose.

Yeah But Nicko's Post in nonsense as halal can use Bolt gun too
thus making it the same in all but the direction the animal points when killed.

Even with the low standards in the Uk, it is still over the Halal minimum.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:37 am

That may be true or not (I have no knowledge) but the consumer should still have the info written on the packaging so they can choose.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:05 am

yeah, may as well label it (it is here)
but it is equally stupid to Only eat Halal or Avoid eating Halal.

either way you're suggesting, You 'actually beleive' that a magic sky giant has done something to the food by this loose and vague set of rules Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:07 am

Syl wrote:That may be true or not (I have no knowledge) but the consumer should still have the info writtllon the packaging so they can choose.

Vegetarian might your best option if you are bothered how your meat is killed or maybe raise your own animals and kill them as you wish. I'm going to have give up meat after this post Sad
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:19 am

This Lidl advert for Turkey's may help you to decide to shop there for your Christmas dinner. After watching this decide whether this has convinced you to shop there...

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:21 am

veya_victaous wrote:yeah, may as well label it (it is here)

either way you're suggesting, You 'actually beleive' that a magic sky giant has done something to the food by this loose and vague set of rules Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It should be labelled properly, as I said, so people can have the choice.
I imagine Muslim and Jewish people would be fussier than most in regard to the style of death their chosen meat dish has met.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:23 am

Bella wrote:
Syl wrote:That may be true or not (I have no knowledge) but the consumer should still have the info writtllon the packaging so they can choose.

Vegetarian might your best option if you are bothered how your meat is killed or maybe raise your own animals and kill them as you wish. I'm going to have give up meat after this post Sad

I think I agree with you, after reading through this thread I think I will be eating less meat than I do now....and I don't eat much to start off with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:33 am

Syl wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:yeah, may as well label it (it is here)

I imagine Muslim and Jewish people would be fussier than most in regard to the style of death their chosen meat dish has met.

Yeah But I beleive they are all Stupid.
I mean, As if one could be so dumb as to think a Magic Sky giant from imaginary fariytales has any REAL effect on food.

Ridiculous.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:25 am

I just can't believe anybody would bash a person who was giving away free food to the hungry.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:40 am

@ben
have you not met major? confused confused confused Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:57 am

Eilzel wrote:

Idea

FOR MAJOR PAIN to have never eaten any Halal certifiable foods, he must also not have eaten things like poultry, fish, yoghurt, honey et al, (not just beef or lamb..); during his life.

I'm still waiting to see where Stormee (or his Majorettes cheer squad..) will confirm that they never eat Halal or Kosher foods..         Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 6 3922118137

Not that I would hold my breath waiting.
I still don't believe that the "good guys" hypocrites would even know what makes food Halal or Kosher..

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 6 2190311264
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:21 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yeah But I beleive they are all Stupid.
I mean, As if one could be so dumb as to think a Magic Sky giant from imaginary fariytales has any REAL effect on food.

Ridiculous.

So you agree that it should not be allowed then?

As it doesn't really mean anything?

Good... I'm glad we agree!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:23 pm

Major wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I just can't believe anybody would bash a person who was giving away free food to the hungry.

No one has bashed anyone, stop making things up.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

It ain't happened yet.

lol!

And I will drive past and look on Christmas day...

I doubt there will be anyone in there... as usual... which is probably why they needed a publicity stunt in the first place...!

I lived in Sidcup for nearly 10 years... no homeless there... and elderly all very well looked after...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Oh do shut up Tommy! Of course there are bloody poor people in sidcup and there are homeless everywhere and besides all of that, it's just a nice thing to do!

You moan that all Muslims are these big horrible bombing, ant-social terrorists and a nice story comes up and you're still trashing it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:23 pm

I can't eat spicy food, but i'd go in and ask for a "full English"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:50 pm

nicko wrote:I can't eat spicy food, but i'd go in and ask for a "full English"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Full%20English
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:20 pm

eddie wrote:Oh do shut up Tommy! Of course there are bloody poor people in sidcup and there are homeless everywhere and besides all of that, it's just a nice thing to do!

You moan that all Muslims are these big horrible bombing, ant-social terrorists and a nice story comes up and you're still trashing it?
True. Poor enclaves can be found anywhere. Little islets of deprivation and poverty can be seen within half a mile of leafy knightsbridge, sloane square or indeed buckingham palace. If you take a walk and look properly (rather than just drive past), you will see them.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Major wrote:

It ain't happened yet.

lol!

I doubt there will be anyone in there... as usual... which is probably why they needed a publicity stunt in the first place...!

I lived in Sidcup for nearly 10 years... no homeless there... and elderly all very well looked after...

Which statement probably accounts for your lack of empathy for those worse off in society.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Jules wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh do shut up Tommy! Of course there are bloody poor people in sidcup and there are homeless everywhere and besides all of that, it's just a nice thing to do!

True. Poor enclaves can be found anywhere. Little islets of deprivation and poverty can be seen within half a mile of leafy knightsbridge, sloane square or indeed buckingham palace. If you take a walk and look properly (rather than just drive past), you will see them.

Well you and I know that but apparently Tommy doesn't. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Ben,get your mind ABOVE your belt !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote: And I will drive past and look on Christmas day...  ...

Or ... you could just let it go ?  Surely it's not that important to you?  Laughing

1. Making a special car trip on christmas day of all days, just to win an argument on the internet - is beyond sad, imo.  Nowt would tempt me out the house on dec25. It's a day for relaxation and laughter with your nearest and dearest. We used to attend a short church service on christmas morning years ago, but we don't even bother with that now, we stay at home. Embarassed  Embarassed

3. You insist it's just a stunt to drum up trade. So what?  If he gets more trade from this gesture, surely that's a good thing? Keeps him and all his staff in employment, and paying taxes too. The catering trade has suffered in these austere times. Or do you want more restaurant-owning families living on social security? *shrug*

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Major wrote:

It ain't happened yet.

lol!

For an eating place that you claim has hardly anyone in there, the tripadvisor reviews of the place are incredibly positive about the establishment, the food and the customer service.

The photographs taken of the food show well presented plates of food, incredible sized portions for the money (you can also see the menu and prices too) and a clean establishment which also has a window to the kitchen so you can see your food being cooked.

I don't think it needs a publicity stint to attract custom, it seems to have plenty of customers as it is.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:19 pm

I said no homeless and elderly well looked after.

And I only said 'publicity stunt'... which it is...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:30 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

Which statement probably accounts for your lack of empathy for those worse off in society.

I have plenty of empathy... and I'm not well off... at the moment I work and bloody hard for the money I get... and what I earn is hardly a kings ransom... also I've been on the 'rock & roll' many times over the years too... so I know what's what!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:32 pm

Jules wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote: And I will drive past and look on Christmas day...  ...

Or ... you could just let it go ?  Surely it's not that important to you?  Laughing

1. Making a special car trip on christmas day of all days, just to win an argument on the internet - is beyond sad, imo.  Nowt would tempt me out the house on dec25. It's a day for relaxation and laughter with your nearest and dearest. We used to attend a short church service on christmas morning years ago, but we don't even bother with that now, we stay at home. Embarassed  Embarassed

3. You insist it's just a stunt to drum up trade. So what?  If he gets more trade from this gesture, surely that's a good thing? Keeps him and all his staff in employment, and paying taxes too. The catering trade has suffered in these austere times. Or do you want more restaurant-owning families living on social security? *shrug*

I still live very near Sidcup and will be out and about anyway... hardly a 'special car trip'...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:50 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Major wrote:

It ain't happened yet.

lol!

For an eating place that you claim has hardly anyone in there, the tripadvisor reviews of the place are incredibly positive about the establishment, the food and the customer service.

The photographs taken of the food show well presented plates of food, incredible sized portions for the money (you can also see the menu and prices too) and a clean establishment which also has a window to the kitchen so you can see your food being cooked.

I don't think it needs a publicity stint to attract custom, it seems to have plenty of customers as it is.

What this goes to show is that Tommy hates Muslims period, even if they're kind, productive members of their community.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next