NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

+17
JulesV
Bella
SEXY MAMA
Ben Reilly
magica
nicko
Raggamuffin
Andy
Eilzel
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
Major
Spindleshanks
Syl
eddie
Victorismyhero
HoratioTarr
21 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 Empty Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Muslim-owned restaurant in London is offering a three-course meal to homeless and elderly people on Christmas Day so that “no one eats alone”.

Shish Restaurant, in Sidcup, is asking local residents to spread the word of its offer and has put up posters saying “We are here to sit with you” on 25 December.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/turkish-restuarant-free-christmas-meals-elderly-sidcup-xmas-lunch-offers-a7456686.html?cmpid=facebook-post
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 Empty Re: Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:55 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

It also says...

Sura (8:55) – Surely the vilest of animals in Allah’s sight are those who disbelieve

Sura (48:29) – Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves

Sura (9:29) - Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Sura  (9:30) – And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah… Allah (Himself) fights against them. How perverse are they!

Sura (8:12) – I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Sura (9:123) – O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness

Sura (5:33) – The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement

Hmmmm

Taking a leaf out of Smelly's books! Has he been coaching you?

-Anyhoo as I always said to him and now you

Please learn the word CONTEXT and apply it

One must always always read the book before quoting it and using it for one's own agenda like you clearly are doing!

If you want to debate Islam and the Quran with me , a Muslim woman who's book it is I will ask you to read it first and then talk about it.

This clearly was a 'nice' thread and once again it's ruined cause you don't like it

Boo hoo  Razz

Ah... the old 'context' excuse waffle again...

Tell you what... you said this earlier...

"...It clearly states in the Quran that charity has no culture or religious bearing!..."

Maybe you can show us where this is 'clearly stated' in your guide book...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 Empty Re: Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Oh dear... Looks like SEXY MAMA has run away...

I wonder why...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I wonder why...!?

Don't be stupid, she has a family to look after.  You really aren't that important Tommy.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Andy Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Hiya SM, lovely to see you back and happy birthday. Women aren't supposed to say how old they are until they are pensioners!
Don't tell Tommy or Major - nowadays better known as Private Piles because he talks out of his arse and is a pain in the arse, that you are a Muslim , they want all Muslims and forinuz deported back home.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Major wrote:
Bella wrote:
Could you outline exactly what you would like to happen in this country of yours, Mr Starbold?

I am Major on here Bella.

I could Bella but the usual trolls and tag team will go ape and go through their routine of name calling and insulting thus ruining the post for serious users, any attempt to appease thee would be futile, plus, I have it in script on every forum I've been on, plus you already know.

You  are private Piles on here, and you should admit you want Britain to be a white only Christian far right  fascist dictatorship. But you would alllow a bit of segregated apartheid.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:09 pm

It's strange how lefties like to make up names for people.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:29 pm

sassy wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I wonder why...!?

Don't be stupid, she has a family to look after.  You really aren't that important Tommy.

Nothing stupid about what I've posted here... and it's not about me...

But what it's about was important enough for her to get involved a couple hours ago... which would have been prime parent/children time...

I've provided truth and she's denied it...

She made a claim... was asked for proof... but couldnt provide it...

Then she quickly ran away...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
sassy wrote:

But what it's about was important enough for her to get involved a couple hours ago... which would have been prime parent/children time...

She had a few minutes, you don't actually think she'd waste anymore on you do you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 pm

sassy wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

She had a few minutes, you don't actually think she'd waste anymore on you do you.

It's not about me... it's about her integrity... she was asked to prove her claim... which would have been a very quick and easy thing to do if it was true... but instead she failed to do so and ran away...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:00 pm

Sometimes people log off or they simply pop in and out, like I do. We are not contracted to stay and answer questions.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:14 pm

If you can't back up your claims, when challenged, then you and yout claims have zero credibility/integrity...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:44 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
It's strange how lefties like to make up names for people.

Razz

What a load....

Pretend "MAJOR" Stormee's always making up weird namez wiv strangz spellun on here...

And Major Pains is the furtherest you can get from a "lefty" on this forum..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Hmmmm

Taking a leaf out of Smelly's books! Has he been coaching you?

-Anyhoo as I always said to him and now you

Please learn the word CONTEXT and apply it

One must always always read the book before quoting it and using it for one's own agenda like you clearly are doing!

If you want to debate Islam and the Quran with me , a Muslim woman who's book it is I will ask you to read it first and then talk about it.

This clearly was a 'nice' thread and once again it's ruined cause you don't like it

Boo hoo  Razz

Ah... the old 'context' excuse waffle again...

Tell you what... you said this earlier...

"...It clearly states in the Quran that charity has no culture or religious bearing!..."

Maybe you can show us where this is 'clearly stated' in your guide book...?

Still waiting...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
sassy wrote:

It's not about me... it's about her integrity... she was asked to prove her claim... which would have been a very quick and easy thing to do if it was true... but instead she failed to do so and ran away...!

My integrity lololol

Seriously are you on drugs Tommy

I have a life away from this forum and I'm not here all day to wait on you! Get a life and I would suggest to educate yourself in the process so you don't look like a moron whenever you 'discuss' something.

Here are a few quotes in the Quran that mention the word charity as obligatory Zakaat and non obligatory as Sadaqa

It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing.

They ask thee what they should spend (In charity). Say: Whatever ye spend that is good, is for parents and kindred and orphans and those in want and for wayfarers. And whatever ye do that is good, -Allah knoweth it well.

Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. Allah is free of all wants, and He is Most-Forbearing.

O ye who believe! cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury,- like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day. They are in parable like a hard, barren rock, on which is a little soil: on it falls heavy rain, which leaves it (Just) a bare stone. They will be able to do nothing with aught they have earned. And Allah guideth not those who reject faith.
---------------------------
And whatever ye spend in charity or devotion, be sure Allah knows it all. But the wrong-doers have no helpers.
If ye disclose (acts of) charity, even so it is well, but if ye conceal them, and make them reach those (really) in need, that is best for you: It will remove from you some of your (stains of) evil.

(Charity is) for those in need, who, in Allah's cause are restricted (from travel), and cannot move about in the land, seeking (For trade or work): the ignorant man thinks, because of their modesty, that they are free from want. Thou shalt know them by their (Unfailing) mark: They beg not importunately from all the sundry. And whatever of good ye give, be assured Allah knoweth it well.

Those who (in charity) spend of their goods by night and by day, in secret and in public, have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked.

Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time Till it is easy for him to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if ye only knew.

In most of their secret talks there is no good: But if one exhorts to a deed of charity or justice or conciliation between men, (Secrecy is permissible): To him who does this, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall soon give a reward of the highest.

But those among them who are well-grounded in knowledge, and the believers, believe in what hath been revealed to thee and what was revealed before thee: And (especially) those who establish regular prayer and practise regular charity and believe in Allah and in the Last Day.
Allah did aforetime take a covenant from the Children of Israel, and we appointed twelve captains among them. And Allah said: "I am with you: if ye (but) establish regular prayers, practise regular charity, believe in my messengers, honour and assist them, and loan to Allah a beautiful loan, verily I will wipe out from you your evils, and admit you to gardens with rivers flowing beneath; but if any of you, after this, resisteth faith, he hath truly wandered from the path or rectitude."

We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers.

"And ordain for us that which is good, in this life and in the Hereafter: for we have turned unto Thee." He said: "With My punishment I visit whom I will; but My mercy extendeth to all things. That (mercy) I shall ordain for those who do right, and practise regular charity, and those who believe in Our signs;-
But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charitthey are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.
Those who slander such of the believers as give themselves freely to (deeds of) charity, as well as such as can find nothing to give except the fruits of their labour,- and throw ridicule on them,- Allah will throw back their ridicule on them: and they shall have a grievous penalty.

Know they not that Allah doth accept repentance from His votaries and receives their gifts of charity, and that Allah is verily He, the Oft-Returning, Most Merciful?

Then, when they came (back) into (Joseph's) presence they said: "O exalted one! distress has seized us and our family: we have (now) brought but scanty capital: so pay us full measure, (we pray thee), and treat it as charity to us: for Allah doth reward the charitable."

Speak to my servants who have believed, that they may establish regular prayers, and spend (in charity) out of the sustenance we have given them, secretly and openly, before the coming of a Day in which there will be neither mutual bargaining nor befriending.

"And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:53 pm

sassy wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Unbelievable isn't he!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:53 pm

eddie wrote:Sometimes people log off or they simply pop in and out, like I do. We are not contracted to stay and answer questions.

Exactly!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:
I'm afraid I didn't notice it.   However, you often seem to come to his rescue when he has make openly racist posts.  I loathe him for his racism and bigotry and I'll fight that to my dying day.   Do point me to the lies Scrat has posted.   I agree with him on many things, except Brexit.   I think 4Ever tells it exactly like she sees it as well and she has reason for seeing it that way.   Major is in a league of his own, a disgusting piece of right extremism and no way will I ever tolerate that.

Thanks for answering Sassy.
I don't come to anyones rescue when they make openly racist remarks, what I might do is speak out when someone has twisted what has been said, as often happens.
If anyone, including the Major is discussing something totally detached from anything racist, I will often answer the thread or post because I might find it interesting......THAT is what seems to stick in some peoples claw....ignore him or browbeat him at all times seems to be the unspoken rule here by some, sorry, I don't play those games.

I wont trawl through various threads looking for Scrats lies....but the names he repeatedly calls me and others, Nazi and terrorist supporter and enabler being one of his favourite ones....agreeing with the other trolling fantasist Wolfie when he starts....the forum is littered with his rubbish.
4Ever ...where to start, but as she sees 'hyenas, mobs, gangs etc' everytime someone disagrees with her ramblings, the childish way she changes names and tries to goad others into agenda ridden arguments...that's enough for me.
So you see Sassy....there will always be some we can stomach and some we cant, that doesn't mean we agree with what they say....it means that they have the right to say it...free speech isn't just for the selective few.
Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 2981866455   I'll leave you and your 'Parachute Pack' that gold label award for changing names and trolling my every post!  And as you continue to suffer from selective memory issues, let me remind you of some of those warm-fuzzy names you and your club have called me: Aspic/Asp/Snake lady/SPEC/Spec Saver/Spec Twat/Hag and those other really vulgar names that I don't call humans but you and your honorable pack do!  And I've called you SLY, seems so befitting your behavior - your so well suited for the definition to the word! 
BTW - your continued preaching about my rambling attacks when someone disagrees with me ...just more proof of how little you and your ILK manage to READ!  Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 1794926327
But thanks for yet again, proving how much you just can't be bothered and yet you just keep on joining in with your CLUB's activities! Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 1069003512

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:50 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

My integrity lololol

Seriously are you on drugs Tommy

I have a life away from this forum and I'm not here all day to wait on you! Get a life  and I would suggest to educate yourself in the process so you don't look like a moron whenever you 'discuss' something.

Here are a few quotes in the Quran that mention the word charity as obligatory Zakaat and non obligatory as Sadaqa

It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing.

They ask thee what they should spend (In charity). Say: Whatever ye spend that is good, is for parents and kindred and orphans and those in want and for wayfarers. And whatever ye do that is good, -Allah knoweth it well.

Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. Allah is free of all wants, and He is Most-Forbearing.

O ye who believe! cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury,- like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day. They are in parable like a hard, barren rock, on which is a little soil: on it falls heavy rain, which leaves it (Just) a bare stone. They will be able to do nothing with aught they have earned. And Allah guideth not those who reject faith.
---------------------------
And whatever ye spend in charity or devotion, be sure Allah knows it all. But the wrong-doers have no helpers.
If ye disclose (acts of) charity, even so it is well, but if ye conceal them, and make them reach those (really) in need, that is best for you: It will remove from you some of your (stains of) evil.

(Charity is) for those in need, who, in Allah's cause are restricted (from travel), and cannot move about in the land, seeking (For trade or work): the ignorant man thinks, because of their modesty, that they are free from want. Thou shalt know them by their (Unfailing) mark: They beg not importunately from all the sundry. And whatever of good ye give, be assured Allah knoweth it well.

Those who (in charity) spend of their goods by night and by day, in secret and in public, have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked.

Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time Till it is easy for him to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if ye only knew.

In most of their secret talks there is no good: But if one exhorts to a deed of charity or justice or conciliation between men, (Secrecy is permissible): To him who does this, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall soon give a reward of the highest.

But those among them who are well-grounded in knowledge, and the believers, believe in what hath been revealed to thee and what was revealed before thee: And (especially) those who establish regular prayer and practise regular charity and believe in Allah and in the Last Day.
Allah did aforetime take a covenant from the Children of Israel, and we appointed twelve captains among them. And Allah said: "I am with you: if ye (but) establish regular prayers, practise regular charity, believe in my messengers, honour and assist them, and loan to Allah a beautiful loan, verily I will wipe out from you your evils, and admit you to gardens with rivers flowing beneath; but if any of you, after this, resisteth faith, he hath truly wandered from the path or rectitude."

We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers.

"And ordain for us that which is good, in this life and in the Hereafter: for we have turned unto Thee." He said: "With My punishment I visit whom I will; but My mercy extendeth to all things. That (mercy) I shall ordain for those who do right, and practise regular charity, and those who believe in Our signs;-
But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charitthey are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.
Those who slander such of the believers as give themselves freely to (deeds of) charity, as well as such as can find nothing to give except the fruits of their labour,- and throw ridicule on them,- Allah will throw back their ridicule on them: and they shall have a grievous penalty.

Know they not that Allah doth accept repentance from His votaries and receives their gifts of charity, and that Allah is verily He, the Oft-Returning, Most Merciful?

Then, when they came (back) into (Joseph's) presence they said: "O exalted one! distress has seized us and our family: we have (now) brought but scanty capital: so pay us full measure, (we pray thee), and treat it as charity to us: for Allah doth reward the charitable."

Speak to my servants who have believed, that they may establish regular prayers, and spend (in charity) out of the sustenance we have given them, secretly and openly, before the coming of a Day in which there will be neither mutual bargaining nor befriending.

"And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

Doesn't answer the question...

You said...

Show us this clearly said claim of yours?

Plus zakat is obligatory 2.5% of income to be given away to other Muslims only... but earlier in thread it was claimed that Muslims were the biggest givers to charity at £319 (I think) per person here in uk... that equates to income of only 12,000 a year!!!

Zakat is only used for other Muslims or for 'muallafa al-qulub'... plus you have posted all your quotes without context so must be rubbish as you said all the ones I posted were without context...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Publicity stunt.
So?
Does it matter if it is?
Any benevolent gesture can be described as such, and there are plenty such random gestures at this time of year.
The restaurant is giving lonely people food, warmth, companionship, what does it matter if it's a publicity stunt or not?
Chill! Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:38 pm

IT's just reminded me, some years ago in B,HAM several cat pelts were found in a dustbin at the back of a Chinese Resturant?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:14 pm

The following have been described as mere stunts

1.  The 11yo Beckham kid has released a single for christmas, all proceeds go to charity. Some people say it's a cynical move by his wealthy parents, to launch an early singing career for him.

2. Children in Need - ironic, cos it is literally full of stunts - that's how they raise the funds!

3. The group of retired footballers who voluntarily gave their city centre blocks of flats to homeless squatters for the duration of winter.

So you see, any token gesture can be called a ''stunt''. It does not matter if the benefactor earns himself a halo or whatever. Who cares?  So long as it helps people. Better than doing nowt.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:26 pm

Jules wrote:The following have been described as mere stunts

1.  The 11yo Beckham kid has released a single for christmas, all proceeds go to charity. Some people say it's a cynical move by his wealthy parents, to launch an early singing career for him.

2. Children in Need - ironic, cos it is literally full of stunts - that's how they raise the funds!

3. The group of retired footballers who voluntarily gave their city centre blocks of flats to homeless squatters for the duration of winter.

So you see, any token gesture can be called a ''stunt''. It does not matter if the benefactor earns himself a halo or whatever. Who cares?  So long as it helps people. Better than doing nowt.

All in good causes, I'm not so sure about a vulnerable 11 year old being pushed into the media limelight like this though, he is already getting loads of online abuse by jealous trolls.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Yes, they seem like hands on caring parents....still think 11 a bit young though to be pushed into the spotlight.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Major wrote:Bet no one can eat it anyway.

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3408175593 Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3408175593 Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3408175593 Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3408175593 Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3408175593 Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3408175593 Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3408175593 Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3408175593

talk about sour grapes....

have you taken your ball home yet major???
and pulled a face and stuck your tongue out???

and stamped and scweamed...????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Jules wrote:
So?
Does it matter if it is?

Yes it does matter!

Any benevolent gesture can be described as such...

No they cant!

...and there are plenty such random gestures at this time of year.
The restaurant is giving lonely people food, warmth, companionship, what does it matter if it's a publicity stunt or not?
Chill! Laughing

It was originally posted on the twitter account of the restaurant (by one of the owners or staff) one night around middle of November, at around 1.00am...

How many homeless/elderly people in Sidcup do you think would have been twittering away and jumping for joy after reading this tweet...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Jules wrote:
So?
Does it matter if it is?
Any benevolent gesture can be described as such, and there are plenty such random gestures at this time of year.
Chill! Laughing

Exactly - and much more than haters are doing for the poor.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:53 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:
So?
Does it matter if it is?

Yes it does matter!

Any benevolent gesture can be described as such...

No they cant!

...and there are plenty such random gestures at this time of year.
Chill! Laughing

It was originally posted on the twitter account of the restaurant (by one of the owners or staff) one night around middle of November, at around 1.00am...

How many homeless/elderly people in Sidcup do you think would have been twittering away and jumping for joy after reading this tweet...?

But it's just the sort of thing someone would post on twitter, what's wrong with that?
I don't care if they posted it in March! Laughing
Why would they not mention such a big project on social media?
Word spreads and they advertised it at the shop too.
Must be backbreaking work to cook for a load of people, not to mention the expense, when they could just put their feet up instead.
No one's forced to attend, stay at home .... or under that bridge, whatever. Razz

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:06 pm

One can claim to find a cynical motive in any deed in life, TM.
Especially someone like you who looks so hard for ulterior motives.
You appear hard bitten and saturated with negativity.
Bah santa

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:24 pm

Jules wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

1) But it's just the sort of thing someone would post on twitter, what's wrong with that?

2) I don't care if they posted it in March!  Laughing

3) Why would they not mention such a big project on social media?

4) Word spreads and they advertised it at the shop too.

5) Must be backbreaking work to cook for a load of people, not to mention the expense, when they could just put their feet up instead.

6) No one's forced to attend, stay at home .... or under that bridge, whatever. Razz

1) if it was a publicity stunt... yes...!

2) Posting it in March wouldn't get the same publicity value... but it wouldnt matter to their targeted audience (of the homeless/lonely elderly in Sidcup) as neither would be on twitter to see it!

Plus... I've lived in and around Sidcup area for the last 30 years or so... don't see any 'homeless' people sitting about begging for 'spare change' round here... and you'd be hard pushed to find an elderly person who (not only knew about this 'offer') but was lonely/hungry/desperate enough to actually want to go there!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:36 pm

If people were elderly, alone and hungry or homeless they would eat anywhere and well done to the people offering to do this for them. They really do deserve all the credit they are getting.

And they are not alone because there are many groups llike who do the same- like this....

Britain’s Starving Homeless Turn to the Sikh Community for Food

http://www.care2.com/causes/britains-starving-homeless-turn-to-the-sikh-community-for-food.html

One other point. If you have eaten out in the UK it is almost certain that your food has been prepared for you by a Muslim or an immigrant.

Enjoy...
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:40 pm

eddie wrote:Sometimes people log off or they simply pop in and out, like I do. We are not contracted to stay and answer questions.

Some people pop out and are gone for weeks or months, only to appear at the most opportune moments lol!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Irn Bru wrote:If people were elderly, alone and hungry or homeless  they would eat anywhere and well done to the people offering to do this for them. They really do deserve all the credit they are getting.

And they are not alone because there are many groups llike who do the same- like this....

http://www.care2.com/causes/britains-starving-homeless-turn-to-the-sikh-community-for-food.html

One other point. If you have eaten out in the UK it is almost certain that your food has been prepared for you by a Muslim or an immigrant.

Enjoy...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:43 pm

I expect that for some there may be some vomit going down the lavy pan at the thought of that.

Poor wee things Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:46 pm

Irn Bru wrote:I expect that for some there may be some vomit going down the lavy pan at the thought of that.

Poor wee things Laughing

Oh I do hope so Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:48 pm

sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:If people were elderly, alone and hungry or homeless  they would eat anywhere and well done to the people offering to do this for them. They really do deserve all the credit they are getting.

Enjoy...

Well, for those that aren't memory impaired - that tidbit of common knowledge will shock the crap out of them and forever put the fear of 'Muslim - Immigrant/cooking' into their itty-bitty little minds!
Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 Scared-smiley-face      OMG - Irn ...I do so enjoy reading your posts!  Hope your feeling much improved, do drop by more often!  Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3406909858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:52 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
sassy wrote:

Well, for those that aren't memory impaired - that tidbit of common knowledge will shock the crap out of them and forever put the fear of 'Muslim - Immigrant/cooking' into their itty-bitty little minds!
Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 Scared-smiley-face      OMG - Irn ...I do so enjoy reading your posts!  Hope your feeling much improved, do drop by more often!  Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 3406909858

I can see it now "Why don't you take me out to dinner anymore?" - "Because I might eat something touched by a Muslim".   Brilliant!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:57 pm

sassy wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

I can see it now "Why don't you take me out to dinner anymore?" - "Because I might eat something touched by a Muslim".   Brilliant!
If only, if only something so simple could work over here so the dining out ambiance wouldn't be sullied by some Neanderthal with a racist/pointed head wanting to ruin it for all of those within ear shot hearing his ugly POV about our current POTUS and how glorified he was for voting for the 'Cheeto-King'!   Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:01 am

sassy wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

I just had a pretty awful (and fantastical) idea. What if all food in the UK suddenly became halal? That might have very intetesting side effects on the number of RW voters available in future elections Twisted Evil Laughing pale
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:02 am

4EVER2 wrote:
sassy wrote:

If only, if only something so simple could work over here so the dining out ambiance wouldn't be sullied by some Neanderthal with a racist/pointed head wanting to ruin it for all of those within ear shot hearing his ugly POV about our current POTUS and how glorified he was for voting for the 'Cheeto-King'!   Evil or Very Mad  

If someone did that near me I might be sick on his plate!   That'd teach him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:07 am

Eilzel wrote:
sassy wrote:

I just had a pretty awful (and fantastical) idea. What if all food in the UK suddenly became halal? That might have very intetesting side effects on the number of RW voters available in future elections Twisted Evil Laughing pale
**PURE GENIUS**  Oh, hell ya!  LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:08 am

Eilzel wrote:
sassy wrote:

Les, that is utterly brilliant!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:14 am

Eilzel wrote:
sassy wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

What did you say Les....?

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 13.09
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:18 am

I'm sorry guys, I'll await chastisement for suggesting such deplorable things in due course Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:20 am

Les for PM I say.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Irn Bru wrote:Les for PM I say.

LOL, for an idea like that he deserves to be President!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:35 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

What did you say Les....?

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 4 13.09

Hasn't that already happened les...?

And the lefties who pretend to care about 'animal rights' and 'equality' etc... they laugh at the degradation of animal rights with the imposition of the brutality/pain/suffering of halal slaughter... and they laugh at the British people being denied their equality to the right to a choice that is not halal...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next