NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restaurant Bans Mobile Phones to Limit Screen Time During Meals | Good Morning Britain

4 posters

Go down

Restaurant Bans Mobile Phones to Limit Screen Time During Meals | Good Morning Britain Empty Restaurant Bans Mobile Phones to Limit Screen Time During Meals | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Frankie & Benny's has become the first family restaurant to implement a ban on using mobile phones at the table. Johnny Ball and Tina Malone debate on whether or not this is a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Restaurant Bans Mobile Phones to Limit Screen Time During Meals | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Restaurant Bans Mobile Phones to Limit Screen Time During Meals | Good Morning Britain

Post by nicko Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:54 am

Should ban them full stop, when I'm out I'm surrounded by the "walking dead" Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Restaurant Bans Mobile Phones to Limit Screen Time During Meals | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Restaurant Bans Mobile Phones to Limit Screen Time During Meals | Good Morning Britain

Post by Eilzel Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:08 am

Good idea Smile

Now let's just hope people aren't so addicted/dependent on them that they choose to eat elsewhere.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:25 am

Eilzel wrote:Good idea Smile

Now let's just hope people aren't so addicted/dependent on them that they choose to eat elsewhere.

Its not really a ban, its an active choice, being enticed by free meals with children if they do

I dont think its a good idea, when I activelly do not even take my phone when out anyway.

You have to allow people to see why its wrong and unsociable when in their own company

Not enforce this, but no surprise the leftist authoritarian would support this

My friends place their phones into the middle of the table and the first to answer pays for the meal

You cannot force people to change, you have to educate them to help bring change

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:34 am

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Good idea Smile

Its not really a ban, its an active choice, being enticed by free meals with children if they do

I dont think its a good idea, when I activelly do not even take my phone when out anyway.

You have to allow people to see why its wrong and unsociable when in their own company

My friends place their phones into the middle of the table and the first to answer pays for the meal

You cannot force people to change, you have to educate them to help bring change

Is nicko also a leftist authoritarian? Or are you only responding to me because you can continue painting your picture of the left?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 am

While I don't use my phone when out
it's not socially unacceptable anymore Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yeah Grandma doesn't like it but those that do it, don't care what old granny thinks
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

Is nicko also a leftist authoritarian? Or are you only responding to me because you can continue painting your picture of the left?

No just at times a form of authoritarian. Which is natural, being as he served in the army. Where people are used to taking orders

Well you do have a habbit of wanting to impose your views on others lives

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:10 pm

I don't care if other people are staring at their phones - at least it makes the place quieter. If they're bellowing down them for all to hear, that pisses me off. If I'm out with someone who's always looking at their phone or taking calls, I have a word with them. Razz

People talking on phones whilst being served in a shop also pisses me off.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down