NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

+17
JulesV
Bella
SEXY MAMA
Ben Reilly
magica
nicko
Raggamuffin
Andy
Eilzel
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
Major
Spindleshanks
Syl
eddie
Victorismyhero
HoratioTarr
21 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 Empty Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Muslim-owned restaurant in London is offering a three-course meal to homeless and elderly people on Christmas Day so that “no one eats alone”.

Shish Restaurant, in Sidcup, is asking local residents to spread the word of its offer and has put up posters saying “We are here to sit with you” on 25 December.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/turkish-restuarant-free-christmas-meals-elderly-sidcup-xmas-lunch-offers-a7456686.html?cmpid=facebook-post
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 Empty Re: Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:40 am

You know fuck all about halal slaughter.   You think a bolt stops pain, when they have done MRIs to show that it doesn't, yet slitting all the blood vessels swiftly stop the brain working in seconds.   I choose halal because I don't want stunned meat, especially as there are so many instances of the stunner being used to torture the animals.

Back to top Go down

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 Empty Re: Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:59 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

What did you say Les....?

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 13.09

Hasn't that already happened les...?

And the lefties who pretend to care about 'animal rights' and 'equality' etc... they laugh at the degradation of animal rights with the imposition of the brutality/pain/suffering of halal slaughter... and they laugh at the British people being denied their equality to the right to a choice that is not halal...!

It was a joke, tommy, you know- haha and all that Wink

Don't pretend to care about halal on humanitarian grounds either. The condition many animals live in is of far greater concern than how they are killed- yet you never seem to care for that.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:09 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I just had a pretty awful (and fantastical) idea. What if all food in the UK suddenly became halal? That might have very intetesting side effects on the number of RW voters available in future elections Twisted Evil Laughing pale

What did you say Les....?

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 13.09

And the lefties who pretend to care about 'animal rights' and 'equality' etc... they laugh at the degradation of animal rights with the imposition of the brutality/pain/suffering of halal slaughter... and they laugh at the British people being denied their equality to the right to a choice that is not halal...!

Here,  Tommy. Have slice of this....you probably already have Laughing

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 Z
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:07 am

sassy wrote:You know fuck all about halal slaughter.   You think a bolt stops pain, when they have done MRIs to show that it doesn't, yet slitting all the blood vessels swiftly stop the brain working in seconds.   I choose halal because I don't want stunned meat, especially as there are so many instances of the stunner being used to torture the animals.

What about the rest of the British people having their choice to not have halal?

Don't you like 'equality'...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:46 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Ah... the old 'context' excuse waffle again...

Tell you what... you said this earlier...

"...It clearly states in the Quran that charity has no culture or religious bearing!..."

Maybe you can show us where this is 'clearly stated' in your guide book...?

Still waiting...

Still waiting...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:02 am

YOU know fuck all about Halal slaughter sassy, I worked in a Slaughter House for 18 months The Captive bolt method fires a steel rod into the brain, [the rod withdraws into the gun after use] it goes in around 2 inches and death is immediate, you will see the animal "kicking" afterwards due to the nervous reaction. In some cases a long steel flexable rod is inserted in to the hole in the skull
and pushed down the Spinal column witch stops all nervous twitching, [bet you didn't know that].

Killing Sheep by Halal, the Sheep is placed on its back
with it's head over a drain, sometimes a half dozen or more, the "killer" walks along the line swiftly cutting the throats of the Sheep and steeping back quickly to avoid the rush of Blood. The Sheep lie still for a moment then when the pain starts they kick and shake until the life drains out of them. the method of killing cattle is only different because of their weight.they are trapped in a neck brace while their throats are cut. So don't tell anyone you know all about it ! Ps the Kosher method is almost the same.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:23 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Here,  Tommy. Have slice of this....you probably already have Laughing

Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 Z

Suspect

I CAN ONLY assume that the anti-Halal/Kosher brigade on here also refuse to eat Poultry or  Fish, as they nearly all killed by halal methods...

Or else they don't consider birds and fish to be living, breathing and feeling animals  ?

Pure hypocrites, either way.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 am

I do not claim to have any real idea how humans stunning or halal or anything else is. But I think no is kidding anyone by raising animal welfare as the main opposition to halal food.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:20 am

How do you kill a fish the Halal way?
Cut it's throat?

Chickens hung up by one leg on conveyer belt, throats cut as they pass the killer.

My Poultry comes from local farm killed by decapitation.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:23 am

Nicko, don't you think hens and chickens living their lives in battery farms and pumped with all sorts of things to fatten them up is a far greater ethics issue than how they are killed?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:32 am

Eilzel wrote:
sassy wrote:

I can see it now "Why don't you take me out to dinner anymore?" - "Because I might eat something touched by a Muslim".   Brilliant!

I just had a pretty awful (and fantastical) idea. What if all food in the UK suddenly became halal? That might have very intetesting side effects on the number of RW voters available in future elections Twisted Evil Laughing pale

They could wave goodbye to their bacon sarnies. I bet they won't be laughing then.

I presume you don't mean that animals should be slaughtered in a way which is illegal in this country and even more cruel. I'm sure the lefties wouldn't laugh at such a prospect, or would they?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

They could wave goodbye to their bacon sarnies. I bet they won't be laughing then.

I presume you don't mean that animals should be slaughtered in a way which is illegal in this country and even more cruel. I'm sure the lefties wouldn't laugh at such a prospect, or would they?

Halal slaughter happens in our country, and isn't illegal. Ultimately, there is no un-cruel way of killing an animal really. If we want to help animals I'd prefer the effort was used in ensuring they live a decent life prior to death- which I doubt actually happens (to absolute silence from those angry at the cruelty of halal).
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:41 am

Les , I don't like Battery Farms, and if animals are to be killed i'd rather they were killed humanely.
Halal is definitely not humane.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:42 am

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Halal slaughter happens in our country, and isn't illegal. Ultimately, there is no un-cruel way of killing an animal really. If we want to help animals I'd prefer the effort was used in ensuring they live a decent life prior to death- which I doubt actually happens (to absolute silence from those angry at the cruelty of halal).

It depends on what you mean by "halal" re the legality of it. If it involves suffering to animals, I'm surprised you lefties are giggling about it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:51 am

Obviously, I would be referring to how it is carried out in the UK. Stop being such a stick ffs lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:02 am

Eilzel wrote:Obviously, I would be referring to how it is carried out in the UK. Stop being such a stick ffs lol

Typical leftie - wants everyone to find his "joke" funny, and insults them if they don't.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:06 am

Bla bla bla
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Ah... the old 'context' excuse waffle again...

Tell you what... you said this earlier...

"...It clearly states in the Quran that charity has no culture or religious bearing!..."

Maybe you can show us where this is 'clearly stated' in your guide book...?

Still waiting...

Still waiting...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:24 pm

If just one person is fed then that is good enough - well done to these charitable Muslims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:52 pm

Major wrote:How many have ACTUALLY had this alleged FREE FEED?

Hmmm, well ...you could just 'MAN UP' and volunteer to serve - show up - be part of the noble cause to your fellow English citizens and be part of the holiday spirit! 

Now that would be a TRUE noble/honorable thing to do; and while your there count the number of thankful humans you are serving! Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 1363015401  
I look forward to your report Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 2794048296

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:18 pm

None yet... as it's supposed to be Christmas day...

I live quite near this place... I'll drive past Christmas day and let you know how many are in there...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:35 pm

nicko wrote:How do you kill a fish the Halal way?
Cut it's throat?

Chickens hung up by one leg on conveyer belt, throats cut as they pass the killer.

Idea

THAT'S RIGHT,  nicko...

The way chickens are killed commercially meets Halal/Kosher standards.
(And, just imagine the stress and terror they go through before slaughter; not forgetting the cruel "factory farming" methods used to raise poultry, pigs, feedlot cattle..).

Many fish are killed by having their heads cut off, by stabbing or by being gutted/"enviscerated" while still alive.
Even worse on factory ships..

And don't even mention crabs and lobsters -- dropped into boiling water while still alive.

Major, Ragg's, HT and magica  ==  fucking hypocrites, the whole ignorant and slimy bunch of them  !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Tommy do you have trouble reading?

One can give charity to whomever they want regardless of religion.

I showed you the verses where it doesn't say anything about religion.

So maybe you can actually use that brain of yours and work out that religion has no bearing on giving in Islam or is that too much to ask?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Nothing is your concern, unless it directly affects you !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Have you bothered to read any of this thread? You keep popping in with strange oneliners.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:52 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Tommy do you have trouble reading?

One can give charity to whomever they want regardless of religion.

I showed you the verses where it doesn't say anything about religion.

So maybe you can actually use that brain of yours and work out that religion has no bearing on giving in Islam or is that too much to ask?

This is what you said...

And you didn't show that!

While I showed how the Quran clearly states that non Muslims are to be fought against/persecuted/subjugated...

And 'zakat' is the Islamic order to Muslims to give 2.5% of their income to charity towards other Muslims.

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:53 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
nicko wrote:How do you kill a fish the Halal way?
Cut it's throat?

Idea

THAT'S RIGHT,  nicko...

(And, just imagine the stress and terror they go through before slaughter; not forgetting the cruel "factory farming" methods used to raise poultry, pigs, feedlot cattle..).

Many fish are killed by having their heads cut off, by stabbing or by being gutted/"enviscerated" while still alive.

And don't even mention crabs and lobsters -- dropped into boiling water while still alive.

Major, Ragg's, HT and magica  ==  fucking hypocrites, the whole ignorant and slimy bunch of them  !

I was merely commenting on the backslapping and giggling coming from the lefties at the idea of everything being halal, so you see, you've done it again - abused people for no reason or the wrong reason. Do you actually think before you post?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Idea

THAT'S RIGHT,  nicko...

I was merely commenting on the backslapping and giggling coming from the lefties at the idea of everything being halal, so you see, you've done it again - abused people for no reason or the wrong reason. Do you actually think before you post?

Halal/kosher doesn't meet British animal welfare standards which is why special exemptions are made for them.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Halal/kosher doesn't meet British animal welfare standards which is why special exemptions are made for them.

I don't know much about that Tommy. Tbh, I don't like to think about it in much detail as it upsets me a bit.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Eilzel wrote:
sassy wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
Well, for those that aren't memory impaired - that tidbit of common knowledge will shock the crap out of them and forever put the fear of 'Muslim - Immigrant/cooking' into their itty-bitty little minds!
Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 Scared-smiley-face      OMG - Irn ...I do so enjoy reading your posts!  Hope your feeling much improved, do drop by more often!  Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 3406909858

I can see it now "Why don't you take me out to dinner anymore?" - "Because I might eat something touched by a Muslim".   Brilliant!

How about:- instead of bowing to the imposition of the norms of a lets face it, "invading" culture, We simply IMPOSED the NORM that we have?
ESPECIALLY snce this is (yet) another of those things inscribed in that there fairy book...THAT IS NOT COMPULSARY

IT IS NOT a sin to eat non halal....if that is all there is....no one is expected to starve and the quoran makes that quite clear.
(Im nost sure about talmudic law...but I bet thats got an "out " too.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:05 pm

No exceptions to secular law should be made to people of religion. Muslim, Jew, Christian, or anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:18 pm

100% agree ziz
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Nor, should the law be "changed/adjusted" to make any such accomodations either
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:31 pm

There is a consideration to be taken into account.   Kosher is 'the norm'.  We have had it here for hundreds of years and kosher refuse to stun.  85% of halal is stunned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:40 pm

sassy wrote:There is a consideration to be taken into account.   Kosher is 'the norm'.  We have had it here for hundreds of years and kosher refuse to stun.  85% of halal is stunned.

erm nope...nice try but wrong in context

the norm, and has been for many many years is stunning....kosher although being around as you say for 100's of years was (and like halal) is, a "minortity practice"
that was allowed a "bye" in the law of the land.

It should ALL be stopped....

the LAW of this land IS the LAW, and religious niceties should carry NO weight or concern....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:47 pm

There should be no exemptions - I agree. If animals should be stunned to reduce the cruelty, that should apply to 100% - no exceptions.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:50 pm

In any case, this isn't a discussion about halal.   It's about decent people trying to help other human beings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:53 pm

sassy wrote:In any case, this isn't a discussion about halal.   It's about decent people trying to help other human beings.

Well then perhaps you shouldn't have started backslapping Les when he made that silly comment.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:32 pm

nicko wrote:YOU know fuck all about Halal slaughter sassy, I worked in a Slaughter House for 18 months The Captive bolt method fires a steel rod into the brain, [the rod withdraws into the gun after use]   it goes in around 2 inches and death is immediate, you will see the animal "kicking" afterwards due to the nervous reaction.  In some cases a long steel flexable rod is inserted in to the hole in the skull
and pushed down the Spinal column witch stops all nervous twitching, [bet you didn't know that].

Killing Sheep by Halal,   the Sheep is placed on its back
with it's head over a drain,  sometimes a half dozen or more, the "killer"   walks along the line swiftly cutting the throats of the Sheep and steeping back quickly to avoid the rush of Blood.  The Sheep lie still for a moment then when the pain starts they kick and shake until the life drains out of them.  the method of killing cattle is only different because of their weight.they are trapped in a neck brace while their throats are cut.   So don't tell anyone you know all about it !    Ps the Kosher method is almost the same.

That differs somewhat to what this article states.

http://www.grandin.com/ritual/welfare.diffs.sheep.cattle.html
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:In any case, this isn't a discussion about halal.   It's about decent people trying to help other human beings.

Well then perhaps you shouldn't have started backslapping Les when he made that silly comment.

Yes exactly!

And this is still a publicity stunt by the restaurant.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Spindle, don't give a fcuk what some office types say.

I WAS THERE, I SAW IT.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I live quite near this place... I'll drive past Christmas day and let you know how many are in there...!

Do we trust you not to photoshop your own photo?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Do we trust you not to photoshop your own photo?

He will leave the EXIF data intact - being a man of integrity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:04 pm

I said I'd drive past and have a look... I didn't say anything about taking pictures and posting them up anywhere...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Though you do have to admit that was funny.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:30 pm

Most amusing...!

Neutral
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Does being a miserable little stick make your days go faster?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:29 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ain't it just soooo sad, when we were making a holiday funny out of a testy situation and then the R-minded get all uppity and BENT OUT OF SHAPE when we try to lighten the MOOD! 
Tsk - Tsk - Tsk ... Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 1858517897

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:41 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Ain't it just soooo sad, when we were making a holiday funny out of a testy situation and then the R-minded get all uppity and BENT OUT OF SHAPE when we try to lighten the MOOD! 
Tsk - Tsk - Tsk ... Muslim-owned restaurant offers elderly and homeless free meals on Christmas Day so ‘no one eats alone’ - Page 5 1858517897

Yep. The usual comeback is 'but you lefties think you're so much better than everyone else'; to which I can only assume it is they who put us on a pedastal in their minds.

I suppose no one can live up to that, but that explains their disappointment Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next