NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Obama determined to start WW3?

+6
Fred
Ben Reilly
Cass
Eilzel
gerber
Raggamuffin
10 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Is Obama determined to start WW3? Empty Is Obama determined to start WW3?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 am

44 minutes ago

US President Barack Obama has accused Russia of flouting a deal on Ukraine.

Mr Obama told a news conference in Japan that Moscow had failed to halt actions by militants in the region and warned that the US could impose further sanctions against Russia.

A contingent of US troops has begun landing in Poland for military exercises amid concerns among Nato's eastern members about Russian intentions.

Moscow has said it will respond to any attack on its interests in Ukraine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-27139190

That follows his pledge to the Japanese to support them regarding some disputed islands if China attack them, which isn't going down at all well with China!

Back to top Go down

Is Obama determined to start WW3? Empty Re: Is Obama determined to start WW3?

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:44 am

It all reminds me of certain films I've watched - like Threads, and The Day After. In those films, the trouble started one area and then escalated, and then the end result was a huge nuclear war!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It all reminds me of certain films I've watched - like Threads, and The Day After. In those films, the trouble started one area and then escalated, and then the end result was a huge nuclear war!
His attitude towards the Russians is one thing, but deliberately provoking the Chinese at the same times looks to me as if he wants a major war, either for personal aggrandisement or, more likely, to cover up the financial armageddon that'll surely take place in the US, because he's kicked the debt can down the road just as far as it'll go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Government likely to exhaust debt-ceiling options soon, Lew warns

"...As soon as March 14, according to the BPC’s analysis, the government could be within $5 billion of default — “even under a very optimistic scenario.” The BPC calculates that a typical day’s spending in March will be about $10 billion. As a result, the government could run out of funds “on or in the days before March 14.”

About the same time, Treasury will be required to make sizable payments to Medicare providers and bondholders, and write big checks to active-duty soldiers, veterans and Social Security recipients. For instance, $26 billion in Social Security checks is set to go out March 3, followed by an additional $12 billion on March 12."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/government-likely-to-exhaust-debt-ceiling-options-soon-lew-warns/2014/02/03/88f66ac8-8ce0-11e3-833c-33098f9e5267_story.html

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:17 pm

US journalist Simon Ostrovsky held by pro-Russian militia in Ukraine

Vice News film-maker held captive in eastern city of Slavyansk, 'suspected of spying', says spokeswoman for insurgents

Pro-Russian gunmen in Ukraine confirmed on Wednesday that they had taken hostage an American journalist, whom they were holding according to "war rules", they said, in the town of Slavyansk.

Khorosheva later told journalists that Ostrovsky was suspected of spying for Right Sector, a far-right Ukrainian nationalist party, or other possible "enemy groups".

Since an apparent shoot-out at a Slavyansk checkpoint on Sunday left three dead, the separatists have become increasingly aggressive. They have harassed western journalists turning up at checkpoints into the city.

On Monday they abducted three correspondents – two from Italy, one from Belarus – later releasing them. As well as Ostrovsky, at least two Ukrainian correspondents are being held.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/23/american-journalist-simon-ostrovsky-vice-held-pro-russians-ukraine

OB seems to be to weak to help in Ukraine so by offering to help Japan he is as usual filibusting
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi Gerbs. I've been following it on GLP. There are now 20,000 Russian soldiers at the border, too many pages to put it simply but in essence things do seem to be kicking off pretty seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi you too

Also been following all over the media...........

If the Russians do go in will we follow..... Not sure on either but wouldn't like to bet on either not happening.

" Ukraine: government troops move against pro-Russian separatists - live updates "

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/24/ukraine-government-troops-move-against-pro-russian-separatists-live-updates
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:26 pm

no chance

Putin has out smarted nato the US and the EU all at the same time and all whilst looking cool as fuck doing it

Is Obama determined to start WW3? Cc8cf210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Is Obama determined to start WW3? Z_news10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:31 pm

All this crap in Ukraine has been caused by the yanks (as usual) stirring up trouble for their own benefit.And nobody wants it.

But to make things worse,the Russians have stepped up to the plate & have made the yanks look stupid.

If only Obama & co would stick to cheese burgers & fries & fuckall else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It all reminds me of certain films I've watched - like Threads, and The Day After. In those films, the trouble started one area and then escalated, and then the end result was a huge nuclear war!
His attitude towards the Russians is one thing, but deliberately provoking the Chinese at the same times looks to me as if he wants a major war, either for personal aggrandisement or, more likely, to cover up the financial armageddon that'll surely take place in the US, because he's kicked the debt can down the road just as far as it'll go.

The Russians kicked off any escalations by invading Ukrainian territory to begin with- you cannot absolve the aggressor.
And the USA has an alliance with Japan; if it didn't pledge to support its allies in the face of aggressive neighbours then the whole system of international diplomacy and alliances is compromised.

You are blaming the USA for supporting allies but ignoring the aggressive foreign policies of China and Russia. You would have perhaps kow towed to Hitler in 1939?

(Love how the Right Wingers are pretty much falling over themselves in support of Russia here btw, life is just full of curious ironies  Laughing  )
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Oh do give over everybody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

The Russians kicked off any escalations by invading Ukrainian territory to begin with- you cannot absolve the aggressor.
And the USA has an alliance with Japan; if it didn't pledge to support its allies in the face of aggressive neighbours then the whole system of international diplomacy and alliances is compromised.

You are blaming the USA for supporting allies but ignoring the aggressive foreign policies of China and Russia. You would have perhaps kow towed to Hitler in 1939?

(Love how the Right Wingers are pretty much falling over themselves in support of Russia here btw, life is just full of curious ironies  Laughing  )
Russia hasn't invaded Ukraine! The Eastern Ukrainian people want to ally with Russia rather than the EU (and who can blame them?), and are entitled to self-determination, just as Scotland is in its referendum. You slag off RWers, but it appears that it's the LWers who are anti-democracy here, and who unfailingly take the part of their masters whether they're right or wrong. Also, it's the western Ukranians who are the rightwingers here! They've been described as nazis they're so right wing. So your logic and accusations are a bit strange...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:30 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Oh do give over everybody.
Andy this is supposed to be a discussion forum. I'm sorry to interrupt the endless playground "you said this", "he said that on Dogs in 2011", blah bah blah in every other thread with one as silly as world stability, but there you go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Oh do give over everybody.
Andy this is supposed to be a discussion forum. I'm sorry to interrupt the endless playground "you said this", "he said that on Dogs in 2011", blah bah blah in every other thread with one as silly as world stability, but there you go.

And my contribution to this thread is "do give over".

Great thread, as always, by the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:46 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Hi Andy. Sorry I sounded a bit of a misery-guts didn't I? I need some coffee!  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Hi Andy.  Sorry I sounded a bit of a misery-guts didn't I?  I need some coffee!   Smile 

No not at all Tess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Russia hasn't invaded Ukraine! The Eastern Ukrainian people want to ally with Russia rather than the EU (and who can blame them?), and are entitled to self-determination, just as Scotland is in its referendum.  You slag off RWers, but it appears that it's the LWers who are anti-democracy here, and who unfailingly take the part of their masters whether they're right or wrong.  Also, it's the western Ukranians who are the rightwingers here! They've been described as nazis they're so right wing.  So your logic and accusations are a bit strange...

So let me understand this right. You are saying the EU is anti-democratic; and the western Ukrainians who want to be part of that anti-democratic union are Right Wing?

And you say Russia hasn't invaded Ukraine- so I imagined the whole annexation of the Crimea then? Did Ukraine actually just willingly hand it over and then make up some story and convincing video footage?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
Russia hasn't invaded Ukraine! The Eastern Ukrainian people want to ally with Russia rather than the EU (and who can blame them?), and are entitled to self-determination, just as Scotland is in its referendum.  You slag off RWers, but it appears that it's the LWers who are anti-democracy here, and who unfailingly take the part of their masters whether they're right or wrong.  Also, it's the western Ukranians who are the rightwingers here! They've been described as nazis they're so right wing.  So your logic and accusations are a bit strange...

So let me understand this right. You are saying the EU is anti-democratic; and the western Ukrainians who want to be part of that anti-democratic union are Right Wing?

And you say Russia hasn't invaded Ukraine- so I imagined the whole annexation of the Crimea then? Did Ukraine actually just willingly hand it over and then make up some story and convincing video footage?

The current Ukranian government wasn't democratically elected; they threw out the elected one and just took their place!   The Crimeans held a proper referendum; it was televised on many channels worldwide, you could see it was a free and willing election, and they voted to ally with Russia rather than get into cripping debt with the EU.  How is that 'annexation'? Annexation implies taking over an unwilling electorate; it's the other way round!

I didn't say the EU is anti-democratic, I said the western Ukranians are - their government is unelected for one, and yes of course they're right-wing!

Last edited by Tesstacious on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

twat

no Russian forces have invaded anywhere

they held a referendum (like the one Scotland will have) (like the falklands had) and the people voted for reunification

so Russia did the democratic thing and took them back

the reason the RW's support Russia in this is because America and the west are morally legally and democratically wrong in this

its no surprise though that you support a fascist like Obama, who actually isn't supporting his allies - as Israel and saudi Arabia well know

you dont have a clue about politics all you see is "black man runs US therefore US is ok" "white man runs US then US bad"

presumably you support Obamas drone strike program??

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 pm

I think the Rubicon has now been crossed by the Ukraine.............as far as Putin in concerned.

Why have the Army pulled back.................Are they really Ukrainians, or some outside force helping ? Last week the Army capitulated when challenged by the Activists....

" FINISH WHAT WE HAVE STARTED"

At another checkpoint set up by the Ukrainian military, a soldier said they were there to instill law and order.

"Those separatists, they violated the constitution, they are torturing the country, they violated laws, they do not recognize the authority of police, so the army had to move in and we will finish what we have started so help me God," he said. "

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/24/us-ukraine-crisis-idUSBREA3L11A20140424
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

you did imagine the annexation of the crimea

the Crimea VOTED in a democratic referendum for Reunification with russia

russia has not taken crimea by force

that will never be the case no matter how many times you say it is

grow up child and learn something about international politics because you have just made yourself look even more stupid than usual

annexation ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Hmmm 1938.....Anschluss.......and that turned out so well.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Cass wrote:Hmmm 1938.....Anschluss.......and that turned out so well.

Not the same thing. The Anschluss referendum never actually took place, the Nazis did a coup d'état of Austria's state institutions prior to the referendum, which they canceled.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Perfect analogy.

Difficult though for many to grasp me thinks.

History does have a habit of repeating itself.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

This has got nothing to do with left or right wing politics.The west,mainly the US have stirred up anti Russian sentiments in Ukraine & the lawfully elected President was booted out by Ukrainians.

Now the Russians have stepped in & backed up the pro-Russians in Ukraine & it's all backfired in the USAs face.

If you are so concerned about the plight of the Ukrainians,may I suggest that you go to Ukraine as a mercenary.....because they are there already...& fight for your cause,because a little dicky bird tells me that UK sevice personnel are sick to the back teeth fighting these poxy yankee wars.

I'll rephrase that.....sick to the back fucking,bastard arse,shit fucking back teeth of fighting yankee bastard wars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:51 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:no chance

Putin has out smarted nato the US and the EU all at the same time and all whilst looking cool as fuck doing it

Is Obama determined to start WW3? Cc8cf210

He is pretty cool actually.  Razz 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:56 pm

April 24. U.S. Army 173rd Infantry Brigade Troops arrive in Latvia.

http://www.apollo.lv/foto/zinas/648366/533297

More chess pieces moving into place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

Not the same thing. The Anschluss referendum never actually took place, the Nazis did a coup d'état of Austria's state institutions prior to the referendum, which they canceled.

Actually Tess they held a plebiscite the next month asking the people to ratify the union. They claimed to have gotten somtething ridiculous like 99% yes votes. Like hell were they a true reflection on what the Austrians wanted.

Same thing here. Putin is using almost the same arguments that Hitler did for not only Austria but Czechoslovakia and the invasion of Poland.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Raggs, you think if this continues to escalate, Putin will start calling in his Cuban and Venezuelan allies for help?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:59 pm

^Shady

Putin has never forgiven Gorbachev for the breakup of the old USSR....this is what his long term plan has always been. He is old school Stalinist
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Cass wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Actually Tess they held a plebiscite the next month asking the people to ratify the union. They claimed to have gotten somtething ridiculous like 99% yes votes. Like hell were they a true reflection on what the Austrians wanted.

Same thing here. Putin is using almost the same arguments that Hitler did for not only Austria but Czechoslovakia and the invasion of Poland.

But you've just said that plebiscite wasn't genuine. In the case of the Crimea it was - there was world coverage on it - you couldn't hide the truth; the people didn't want to be part of the EU.

I do find it really amusing that all you lefties on here are defending the Nazi-ish Euromaidan and I'm defending the communistic Russians!  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Cass wrote:

But you've just said that plebiscite wasn't genuine. In the case of the Crimea it was - there was world coverage on it - you couldn't hide the truth; the people didn't want to be part of the EU.

I do find it really amusing that all you lefties on here are defending the Nazi-ish Euromaidan and I'm defending the communistic Russians!  ::D:: 

Sorry I don't believe it was a true polling....doesn't matter about the world watching or not - we've seen in happen over and over again with fixed results or false results based on terror tactics. Were there some who wanted to go back to Russia? Sure but plenty more who did not.

Funny how he waited to do this until after the Olympics.

And I am not a lefty more centerist. Don't believe in labels.

Must go get ready for work. Have a great day.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Cass wrote:^Shady

Putin has never forgiven Gorbachev for the breakup of the old USSR....this is what his long term plan has always been. He is old school Stalinist

That's a matter of opinion Cass.Because if Putin gets this wrong,he knows that he's in a mess both militarily & politically.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Shady wrote:

That's a matter of opinion Cass.Because if Putin gets this wrong,he knows that he's in a mess both militarily & politically.

Hi Shady, Cass I am with you on that. Some in Russia have been calling for Gorbachev's arrest

" Mikhail Gorbachev, the first and only President of the U.S.S.R. (he was responsible for its dissolution in 1989) may be a hero to the West for helping end the Cold War and pulling Soviet troops out of Afghanistan, but he continues to have enemies closer to home.
The Trade Union of Russia's Citizens — a 3,500 strong non-governmental organization — has filed a complaint with the Investigative Committee (the Russian version of the FBI), demanding the launch of a criminal case against Gorbachev, Russia Today reports.

The charge: high treason.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/gorbachev-treason-2012-1#ixzz2zpJR4hSL
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:41 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

grow up child and learn something about international politics because you have just made yourself look even more stupid than usual

When will you learn to talk to people like a grown up; it's no wonder you get talked to like a piece of shit when you act like one  Rolling Eyes 

Yesterday you said I bored you; after I said the same of you- so piss off.

^Tess, Russian troops had entered Crimea before the referendum even took place; if foreign troops entered Northern Ireland, New Jersey, or even the Falklands you'd call it an invasion- that is exactly what Russia did in Crimea.

Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Cass wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

But you've just said that plebiscite wasn't genuine.  In the case of the Crimea it was - there was world coverage on it - you couldn't hide the truth; the people didn't want to be part of the EU.

I do find it really amusing that all you lefties on here are defending the Nazi-ish Euromaidan and I'm defending the communistic Russians!    ::D:: 

Sorry I don't believe it was a true polling....doesn't matter about the world watching or not - we've seen in happen over and over again with fixed results or false results based on terror tactics. Were there some who wanted to go back to Russia? Sure but plenty more who did not.

Funny how he waited to do this until after the Olympics.

And I am not a lefty more centerist. Don't believe in labels.

Must go get ready for work. Have a great day.

Excellent post Cass; nice to see someone else with sense commenting on this (as well as you gerber)  Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:44 pm

We ignored Hitler and appeased him until it was too late.

Putin has pushed too far. I suggest we support a plebiscite in Chechnya that will really wind up Putin. Whats good for the goose and all that.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Raggs, you think if this continues to escalate, Putin will start calling in his Cuban and Venezuelan allies for help?

Who needs allies against Obamas America?

America won't do a damned thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

When will you learn to talk to people like a grown up; it's no wonder you get talked to like a piece of shit when you act like one  Rolling Eyes 

^Tess, Russian troops had entered Crimea before the referendum even took place; if foreign troops entered Northern Ireland, New Jersey, or even the Falklands you'd call it an invasion- that is exactly what Russia did in Crimea.

Yes we would call it invasion if Russian troops entered Crimea

But since they did no such thing we call it referendum

Deal with it you sad little loser

Deal with it or show proof that Russian troops were in Crimea

Somehow I expect all we can expect is more waffle and fabrication

Sad really

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Shady wrote:

He won't get it wrong because he is playing the west at their own game and beating us

The west are being outmanoeuvred left right and centre but that cool cat and with one of the weakest presidents the US has ever had it's hardly surprising he is taking risks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

It was not an invasion as the Russians went into Crimea to protect pro Russians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:00 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Shady wrote:

He won't get it wrong because he is playing the west at their own game and beating us

The west are being outmanoeuvred left right and centre but that cool cat and with one of the weakest presidents the US has ever had it's hardly surprising he is taking risks

I think you're right Smelly but the Russians didn't start this.The yanks did by stirring up trouble & anti Russian sentiment in Ukrain.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:10 am

A valid point Cass, Anschluss was the herding together of various ethnic Germans, the Sudeten Deutsch, the Donau Deutsch, and the Pomeranian Deutsch etc.

The Baltic States carry varying amounts of ethnic Russians as does Ukraine, Crimea was a gift to Ukraine that Russia has taken back because Ukraine is being undermined by European fascists and nationalistic elements that won't pay their gas bill and are thus favouring a better deal with Europe.

Apparently the Polish are giving plenty of coverage to US assets standing next to their specialist counter manoeuvre unit GROM.

The Danish and Dutch Air Force have been scrambled, and the Chinese are putting the squeeze on Barry because of Japan.

Interesting but potentially dangerous times.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:16 am

scrat wrote:
A valid point Cass, Anschluss was the herding together of various ethnic Germans, the Sudeten Deutsch, the Donau Deutsch, and the Pomeranian Deutsch etc.

The Baltic States carry varying amounts of ethnic Russians as does Ukraine, Crimea was a gift to Ukraine that Russia has taken back because Ukraine is being undermined by European fascists and nationalistic elements that won't pay their gas bill and are thus favouring a better deal with Europe.

Apparently the Polish are giving plenty of coverage to US assets standing next to their specialist counter manoeuvre unit GROM.

The Danish and Dutch Air Force have been scrambled, and the Chinese are putting the squeeze on Barry because of Japan.

I'm with you and Cass on this Scrat, a very good analogy. As for the referendum in the Crimea, that was typical Russian tactics. No way was that a true referendum, they organised it so quickly it couldn't be overseen properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:32 am

Sassy wrote:
scrat wrote:

I'm with you and Cass on this Scrat, a very good analogy.   As for the referendum in the Crimea, that was typical Russian tactics.   No way was that a true referendum, they organised it so quickly it couldn't be overseen properly.
Hi Sassy, one has to marvel at the Russian precision and nerve of stealing something back, and the subtle but swift tactics used with so little bloodshed, so far.

If Putin cannot back down without losing face, Halliburton shares will rise another 40%!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:56 am

scrat wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I'm with you and Cass on this Scrat, a very good analogy.   As for the referendum in the Crimea, that was typical Russian tactics.   No way was that a true referendum, they organised it so quickly it couldn't be overseen properly.
Hi Sassy, one has to marvel at the Russian precision and nerve of stealing something back, and the subtle but swift tactics used with so little bloodshed, so far.

If Putin cannot back down without losing face, Halliburton shares will rise another 40%!

LOL. Tess was saying the other day that he has to take Ukraine because he can't have a NATO member on his borders, but of course Poland is in NATO and is on the Ukraine borders, so where does it end?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:39 am

Can I just take a radical position and say that I don't think Obama wants to start another world war?  lol! 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:50 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Can I just take a radical position and say that I don't think Obama wants to start another world war?  lol! 

I bloody well hope not  affraid lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:55 am

Shady wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

I think you're right Smelly but the Russians didn't start this.The yanks did by stirring up trouble & anti Russian sentiment in Ukrain.

yeah i agree its blatantly the Obama administrations fault.

they seem to have found a better way of effecting regime change but either its still the same old cold war tactics of using proxies to do their dirty work.

this wouldn't be happening if the desires and rights to self determination of the Crimean people was respected

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next