NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Mentality

+5
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
Eilzel
eddie
stardesk
9 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

God's Mentality - Page 7 Empty God's Mentality

Post by stardesk Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

GOD’S MENTALITY

I cannot help but wonder what kind of mentality has God. When you spend money, time, and effort to make or create something, would you then allow something else to come along and demolish your creation? Would you stand back and watch as it’s being destroyed? Of course not, and yet this is exactly what God did, (assuming he exists, of course.) Having apparently created the Earth either he didn’t care or was helpless, whilst asteroids, ice-ages, volcanoes, earthquakes, and tsunamis, destroyed much of his creation. Was he responsible for the negative disasters that struck the planet? Did he create them on purpose to destroy a mistake? If so, then he is not the omnipotent, infallible, and loving father we are led to believe.

Moving on, he supposedly created all the animals and birds etc, and yet what do we find? Timid animals such as a Gazelle or Impala, being pounced on by lions and leopards, tearing at their throats and neck. Can you imagine the sheer terror and fear those timid creatures must have felt? Just one example of bird predation, during the mating season when Black Headed gulls have young in the nest, you will see Herring Gulls bomb down on the nest and grab the young, fly off with them and eat them.

I put these facts to a Jehovah’s Witness at my door, he quite seriously replied: ‘Oh, that’s all Satan’s fault.’ Need I say I had a good laugh at such ignorance. Poor old Satan, he’s been accused of just about every negative issue that exists on planet Earth. And yet, all he did was encourage Adam and Eve to become aware of themselves as self-aware, free-thinking individuals, with the ability to make decisions for themselves. Had that not have happened then they would have been no more than pets, subservient to God, running at his beck and call. I’m sitting here typing away on my laptop, the product of a free thinking, enquiring, inventive mind. Had Adam and Eve not awaken to future potential, we’d still be wandering around naked, rummaging and foraging for food in the wilds.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

God's Mentality - Page 7 Empty Re: God's Mentality

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Thanks JD, he certainly has!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Sassy wrote:Thanks JD, he certainly has!

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Sassy wrote:
stardesk wrote:Hi Sassy, hope you're keeping well and healthy. I'm ok thanks.

It's nice to see some of you in agreement with me, but where's Dibley and Gigatt? I'm surprised they're not here preaching creation from their pulpit.

They left, with claims of being 'bullied off'    lol!    As if!  Rolling Eyes 

I'm doing well thanks Stardesk and my brother and I are taking my Dad on holiday at the end of next month, at 92 he wants to go before he can't manage it any more!

If you had had your words - the inoffensive words you had chosen to use - changed by admin to make a mockery of you, and it had offended you or upset you so you'd decided to leave, I'd say you'd been bullied off.
Added to,that, a bunch of people you knew didn't like you, had laughed and been very happy with the admins treatment of you, I'd say you'd been bullied off.

In a nutshell sassy; I'd say that was bullying, no other word for it.

What the bloody hell do you call it??
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I'm doing well thanks Stardesk and my brother and I are taking my Dad on holiday at the end of next month, at 92 he wants to go before he can't manage it any more!

If you had had your words - the inoffensive words you had chosen to use - changed by admin to make a mockery of you, and it had offended you or upset you so you'd decided to leave, I'd say you'd been bullied off.
Added to,that, a bunch of people you knew didn't like you, had laughed and been very happy with the admins treatment of you, I'd say you'd been bullied off.

..I would say it pails miserably in comparison to the shit SM and Sassy have received from several people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I'd say that they should not have been getting round Ben's ruling on the word and most could see what Ben was talking about, didn't laugh about that, laughed about them leaving as they have done it so often, and in comparison to what they had dished out, it was exceptionally minor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Eds x

There is something I don't get. You are happy for GIG to go around being ultra offensive on subjects regarding gays and Muslims (ok not 'happy', but you are will fiercely object to him being told he cannot); yet when Ben does nothing more than alter some bad variations of spelling a single word (obviously designed to rile a few people) to a funny phrase, you make out it is the worse kind of crime. There was no removal of free speech as you have said before, just Ben's response to unwarranted childish BS with totally justified childish BS haha.

It is absurd Eds. I feel you are only defending GIGs actions because he came here and turned everyone against him, backing the under dog sort of thing. I feel you would have defended Hitler if he managed to make himself the least popular member of a forum tbh  lol!  x
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Right let me make some thing clear here:

I think HF posts shite sometimes. He's vile about gay people and he can be contrary and troublesome.

I'm not bringing up past forum rows as this is a new forum.

But.

I am not going to send a man down for murdering johnnycakes because he murdered johnnycakes seven brothers, yet didn't touch johnnycakes.

The trouble with nearly everyone on here is this:
"I dislike this poster so every single thing he does is bad even when this one thing  isn't actually bad. I will hate every post because I hated all his other posts"

If you were all,judges you'd be struck off.

I am looking as the one act, and judging that.

I'd have done the same if it was FTL or Phil.

You ganged up on someone all of you, as if it were a public stoning and you all got to throw a stone.
I just not like that.

Each act is an individual act.

POST NOT THE POSTER. See my point?

Last edited by eddie on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:13 pm

eddie wrote:Right let me make some thing clear here:

I think HF posts shite sometimes. He's vile about gay people and he can be contrary and troublesome.

But.

I am not going to send a man down for murdering johnnycakes because he murdered johnnycakes seven brothers, yet didn't touch johnnycakes.

"I dislike this poster so every single thing he does is bad even when this one thing  isn't actually bad. I will hate every post because I hated all his other posts"

Rubbish Eds, what he was trying to do was be nasty about using the word Muslim in a very sneaky way and Ben didn't let him get away with it. Good for Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:14 pm

But.

I'm not sure that is really getting the point Eds. You are making out that what Ben did was really sinister (bullying?); it wasn't. Ben made it so Muslim was capitalized. GIG wanted to try and wind Ben up by getting around it, so Ben played with a few variations- I'm really not getting the big deal here- should we just pat GIG on the head and tell him to run along and do we he likes? Why shouldn't Ben treat like with like?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 pm

How the fuck is writing Muslim with a full stop after the "m" nasty?

Dont be absurd you b---h!

Don't be absurd s.assy

Hmmm. Which one was nastier???
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Eilzel wrote:

But.

I'm not sure that is really getting the point Eds. You are making out that what Ben did was really sinister (bullying?); it wasn't. Ben made it so Muslim was capitalized. GIG wanted to try and wind Ben up by getting around it, so Ben played with a few variations- I'm really not getting the big deal here- should we just pat GIG on the head and tell him to run along and do we he likes? Why shouldn't Ben treat like with like?

You know what les? It was bullying. Just because he didn't use a derogatory word (like Muslim with a full stop!!!! Gasp!) doesn't mean what he did was right.

It was the people who goaded and laughed afterwards, who did the bullying.

Not gonna change my mind. If that was done to my kids I'd be up their school.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm

eddie wrote:How the fuck is writing Muslim with a full stop after the "m" nasty?

Don't be absurd s.assy

Because he demanded that Christian was always spelt with a capital letter, so Ben said fine, in that case so was Muslim, and that is what he was trying to get round.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:19 pm

But.

You ganged up on someone all of you, as if it were a public stoning and you all got to throw a stone.
I just not like that.

POST NOT THE  POSTER. See my point?

Gang mentality.

You can all make it right in your own way because, perhaps, each of you had an axe to grind.
Doesn't make it right though.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:20 pm

eddie wrote:

But.

I just not like that.

POST NOT THE  POSTER. See my point?

Gang mentality.

You can all make it right in your own way because, perhaps, each of you had an axe to grind.

Cods, it didn't have a thing to do with gang mentality, Gig was trying to get round the rules, was stopped and didn't like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:How the fuck is writing Muslim with a full stop after the "m" nasty?

Don't be absurd s.assy

Because he demanded that Christian was always spelt with a capital letter, so Ben said fine, in that case so was Muslim, and that is what he was trying to get round.

God. How awful.

It's good that Ben and yourselves all had a good laugh about someone you dislike.
Kind of equals the score, don't it?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

You know what les? It was bullying. Just because he didn't use a derogatory word (like Muslim with a full stop!!!! Gasp!) doesn't mean what he did was right.

If we are comparing to school then I'd say GIG's was one of those parents who didn't really see the bad in their kid but screamed blue murder should anyone dare say anything to them...

You are utterly ignoring the comments made by the idiot Eds, and really sorry but that is why no one will care to sympathize with him. And I'm afraid you have a drastically different idea of bullying to pretty much this whole site. He will be laughing his moronic little head off at the idea of this still going on  No 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

God. How awful.

It's good that Ben and yourselves all had a good laugh about someone you dislike.

What! The laugh was his huff when he was stopped, because he had got away with it so many times before and the fact that he stormed off as he always does when caught out.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

Gang mentality.

Cods, it didn't have a thing to do with gang mentality, Gig was trying to get round the rules, was stopped and didn't like it.

Hahaha who the fuck is cods?  lol! 

Sassy, I don't give a stuff about a fucking stupid capital letter rule.
Jesus! Ben was childish and you lot cackled like hyenas.
Not nice. Not fair. No big deal really.
That's all.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

God. How awful.

Eds, at best it was tit for tat. Not bullying. Unless you ignore the abuse he dished out. He came here and carried on as he always did. People responded in kind. Things escalated. Ben had a little fun. GIG couldn't hack it. But he will have known someone would have martyred him  Wink 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

If we are comparing to school then I'd say GIG's was one of those parents who didn't really see the bad in their kid but screamed blue murder should anyone dare say anything to them...

You are utterly ignoring the comments made by the idiot Eds, and really sorry but that is why no one will care to sympathize with him. And I'm afraid you have a drastically different idea of bullying to pretty much this whole site. He will be laughing his moronic little head off at the idea of this still going on  No 

Won't he just! Making him stick to the rules is bullying WTF!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well there was a whole of lot of laughter going on when Ben played his joke, chuckles all round then.

Did you,see sassy called me a cod?  Shocked 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:26 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Well there was a whole of lot of laughter going on when Ben played his joke, chuckles all round then.

Oh gawd, cods, short for codwallop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

Hahahaha thought you was calling me a fish  :-:bravo:-: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

As fish goes Cod has always been my favourite- but never really been into fish truth be told  Cool 

And yes we laughed, cause it was funny- of course GIG spelling Muslim with a full stop and lower case was a very mature reaction to begin with, a sort of artistic dig at the Stalinist authority that is Ben  Laughing Wink 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Ah whatever! I'm a bloody cod botherer!  lol! 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:29 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

lol!  Suspect  If I'm being rude fish don't come to mind  tongue lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 pm

eddie wrote:Ah whatever! I'm a bloody cod botherer!  lol! 

Now that was funny  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

lol!    Suspect    If I'm being rude fish don't come to mind  tongue lol! 

Oh cod off  Razz 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

lol!    Suspect    If I'm being rude fish don't come to mind  tongue lol! 

Oh cod off  Razz 

Two fingers or three?  tongue 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

Oh cod off  Razz 

lol! Fishwife!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:40 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

lol! Fishwife!

Hmmmm, how about a battering lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:41 pm

...oh for Cod's sake! Laughing

( Blasphemy not intended).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Was wondering if someone was going to chip in with...

' I've got a boner'....perhaps not! Embarassed Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 pm

JD!!!! Trust you to lower the tone from the exulted heights of fishy humour!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:49 pm

JD's as excited as a blind lesbian in a fish shop Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:50 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:JD's as excited as a blind lesbian in a fish shop Embarassed 

::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:34 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:JD's as excited as a blind lesbian in a fish shop Embarassed 

VICTOR!!!!!!!!! God's Mentality - Page 7 Naught48

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Sassy wrote:JD!!!!   Trust you to lower the tone from the exulted heights of fishy humour!

I know sass! Laughing 

What's Victor like eh!...smack his arse sass! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:15 am

Why oh why do topics always finish up with people slagging each other off? It's getting boring.

As for Dibley and Gigatt, I've seen the odd sarky comment to them, but surely not enough to make them leave. Most of the time they spouted from their holy book, diverted and not given logical answers, but, hey ho, that's what they were like, but it did give some of us the chance to put forward our own opinions.

As for correct English, names are supposed to start with a capital letter. Very often, when we're clicking away trying to get our thoughts down quickly,before they're gone, we press the wrong keys, I do it myself sometimes, but always go over what I've said and correct mistakes. Perhaps that's their problem, they don't check what they've said.

One last shot across the bows: Talking of English, some posters use THERE instead of THEY'RE, so we could pick on them couldn't we. But we don't.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:29 pm

stardesk wrote:Why oh why do topics always finish up with people slagging each other off? It's getting boring.

As for Dibley and Gigatt, I've seen the odd sarky comment to them, but surely not enough to make them leave. Most of the time they spouted from their holy book, diverted and not given logical answers, but, hey ho, that's what they were like, but it did give some of us the chance to put forward our own opinions.

As for correct English, names are supposed to start with a capital letter. Very often, when we're clicking away trying to get our thoughts down quickly,before they're gone, we press the wrong keys, I do it myself sometimes, but always go over what I've said and correct mistakes. Perhaps that's their problem, they don't check what they've said.

One last shot across the bows: Talking of English, some posters use THERE instead of THEY'RE, so we could pick on them couldn't we. But we don't.

That entire post sums things up very well Stars. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:16 pm

stardesk wrote:Why oh why do topics always finish up with people slagging each other off? It's getting boring.

Absolutely agree my Gorgeous East Anglian Buddy, it's deadly dull.  Bring on the fun God's Mentality - Page 7 Excite26xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:42 pm

It wasn't that stardesk it was freedom of speech and expression being taken away by Ben, but not going into that again .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

It wasn't that stardesk it was freedom of speech and expression being taken away by Ben, but not going into that again .

Dibs, have you ever told your children they should not say certain words, like swear words and punish them accordingly?
We all teach people not to say certain things, are thus parents thus denying free speech when we teach our children ethics and morals?
Again if you go to someones has as a guest and swear and are asked to leave, would you complain, because the host is unhappy you have offended them?
I am all for free speech, but with it comes responsibility, something we are all taught and teach our children ourselves.

Anyway Ben never stopped you slagging off Muslims, all he did was make light humour of trying to change a word, I would not really define that is denying free speech, but having a sense of humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Didge wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Dibs, have you ever told your children they should not say certain words, like swear words and punish them accordingly?
We all teach people not to say certain things, are thus parents thus denying free speech when we teach our children ethics and morals?
Again if you go to someones has as a guest and swear and are asked to leave, would you complain, because the host is unhappy you have offended them?
I am all for free speech, but with it comes responsibility, something we are all taught and teach our children ourselves.

Anyway Ben never stopped you slagging off Muslims, all he did was make light humour of trying to change a word, I would not really define that is denying free speech, but having a sense of humour

it wasn't that it was the piss take .
I brought my boys up to respect others , but I remember my mum tell me a funny story about when she lived on the army base there was a little boy who was really really naughty he was always effing and blinding and my mums neighbour heard him one day and she said to him '' you can say every swear word you like because they are really offensive , but if i ever hear you say Rule Britannia well i don't know what will happen ''
He went about saying Rule britannia from then on  ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi Dibs, glad you're still here, even though we disagree on all religious matters. As for freedom of speech and expression, I suppose it depends on how those attributes are put across. If it's done in a polite manner then there shouldn't be any problem.

May the canons keep firing.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Dibs, glad you're still here, even though we disagree on all religious matters. As for freedom of speech and expression, I suppose it depends on how those attributes are put across. If it's done in a polite manner then there shouldn't be any problem.

hiya , it wasn't me that wanted to write Muslim with a m. it was my hubby there are reasons behind that , but the fact Ben made fun and everyone thought it was hilarious was why it is wrong and if it had been anyone else it would have caused an uproar and i consider what ben did bullying .

I'm in a particularly good mood right now my mum has been given the all clear and will be discharged next May , if you didn't know my mum had cancer of the upper pallett in 2010 and had it surgically removed with no other form of treatment , she has to have a new pallett made as the wound has got smaller so this is good news for her . ::D:: 

I don't like arguing and being bitter its not worth it life is too short and far to good to waste arguing .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
stardesk wrote:Hi Dibs, glad you're still here, even though we disagree on all religious matters. As for freedom of speech and expression, I suppose it depends on how those attributes are put across. If it's done in a polite manner then there shouldn't be any problem.

hiya , it wasn't me that wanted to write Muslim with a m. it was my hubby there are reasons behind that , but the fact Ben made fun and everyone thought it was hilarious was why it is wrong and if it had been anyone else it would have caused an uproar and i consider what ben did bullying .

I'm in a particularly good mood right now my mum has been given the all clear and will be discharged next May , if you didn't know my mum had cancer of the upper pallett in 2010 and had it surgically removed with no other form of treatment , she has to have a new pallett made as the wound has got smaller so this is good news for her . ::D:: 

I don't like arguing and being bitter its not worth it life is too short and far to good to waste arguing .

great news on your mum dibs...pleased to hear it. A load off your mind I should think....happy for you  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:00 am

Hi Dibs. Yes it's good news about your mum, let's hope she recovers fully without any more problems.

Now, where were we? Do you believe everything as written in the Bible, word for word? Only the trouble is some people add to a Biblical passage their own interpretation of what it is saying. I enjoy talking to Witnesses when they knock on my door, but oh dear, how they try to interpret a passage to mean something other than what it says.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:28 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

great news on your mum dibs...pleased to hear it. A load off your mind I should think....happy for you  ::D:: 

yes it is and i am hoping my dad will be less stressed now as stress adds to the symptoms of Parkinson's and he has had a lot of stress during his lifetime . onwards and upwards we never give in ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:30 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Dibs. Yes it's good news about your mum, let's hope she recovers fully without any more problems.

Now, where were we? Do you believe everything as written in the Bible, word for word? Only the trouble is some people add to a Biblical passage their own interpretation of what it is saying. I enjoy talking to Witnesses when they knock on my door, but oh dear, how they try to interpret a passage to mean something other than what it says.

I guess I have to as i believe it is the word of God .
Some things i find hard to grasp but i have faith that if God said it then he had a reason for it .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next