NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody

+10
Syl
JulesV
Andy
Tommy Monk
Star24
gelico
Maddog
Original Quill
Cass
Ben Reilly
14 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 Empty Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 27, 2020 1:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Four Minnesota police officers have been fired after the death of a black man who was taken into custody and seen on video being pinned down by his neck.
Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo said the four officers were now "former employees".
Footage shows the man, George Floyd, groaning and repeatedly saying "I can't breathe" to the white officer.
The incident echoed that of Eric Garner, a black man who died being arrested in New York City in 2014.
The FBI has said it will investigate the Minneapolis incident, which took place on Monday evening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52806572

So ... Minneapolis is a pretty big city up in the north of the U.S. ... can we blame this man's death on Southerners in any way?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 Empty Re: Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

"Black lives matter" only seem to sometimes care about how much black lives matter...

The danger to black lives from infection from corona virus, within that crowd, doesn't seem to matter to them...

And the lives of all those who may get infected by that crowd, also doesn't seem to matter to them...

And the fact that blacks murdering blacks in the US accounts for around half the murders every year over there, although blacks only account for around 13% of the population, doesn't seem to matter to them either...

Black Lives Matter doesn't mean that all lives don't matter.

Black Lives Matter is a response to police officers who don't seem to agree.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 Empty Re: Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody

Post by eddie Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:28 pm

Posted on social media by.....a BLACK man.

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 Cc2ffa10
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:07 am

Well, I think black people do care when their loved ones are killed, regardless of who killed them.

I don't think that black people kill other black people because they don't care about the lives of black people, I think they kill other black people for pretty much the same reasons that people of all colors kill other people.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:14 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

"Black lives matter" only seem to sometimes care about how much black lives matter...

The danger to black lives from infection from corona virus, within that crowd, doesn't seem to matter to them...

And the lives of all those who may get infected by that crowd, also doesn't seem to matter to them...

And the fact that blacks murdering blacks in the US accounts for around half the murders every year over there, although blacks only account for around 13% of the population, doesn't seem to matter to them either...

https://twitter.com/hodgetwins/status/1268309646034432001

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:16 am

gelico wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Interesting. Can you post them up?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:24 am

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

Interesting. Can you post them up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLuJa9X21PE

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:31 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, I think black people do care when their loved ones are killed, regardless of who killed them.

I don't think that black people kill other black people because they don't care about the lives of black people, I think they kill other black people for pretty much the same reasons that people of all colors kill other people.

Half the murders in the US are done by blacks murdering other blacks ..

Although blacks only account for 13% of US population...

So... They sure do like murdering each other...

But "black lives matter" don't seem to care about that.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:38 am

Can anyone post Gelico’s twitter pictures up?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:41 am

eddie wrote:Can anyone post Gelico’s twitter pictures up?  

it's not a picture it's a youtube video

you only have to tap the link

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:44 am

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:Can anyone post Gelico’s twitter pictures up?  

The first link had pics. I just wanted them posted up. I can’t post twitter pics.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:46 am

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

The first link had pics. I just wanted them posted up. I can’t post twitter pics.

they're both the same thing though. saw the video on twitter so posted it then found it on youtube and posted that too but it's the same video no matter which link you use

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:50 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Well, I think black people do care when their loved ones are killed, regardless of who killed them.

Half the murders in the US are done by blacks murdering other blacks ..

Although blacks only account for 13% of US population...

So... They sure do like murdering each other...

But "black lives matter" don't seem to care about that.

Yeah, no -- black people don't kill other black people because they "like murdering each other."

They do it for the same reasons other ethnicities kill one another -- jealousy, rage, revenge, etc.

Trust me, I covered violent crimes for a long time. Every murder has a story behind it -- he slept with my girlfriend, he stole from me, etc.

They don't just kill one another because they enjoy it, FFS.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:10 am

Well... They do a lot of cheating and dumping on people then... And quick to murder each other in revenge too, by the looks of it...

Seems black lives don't matter to blacks when they like robbing and cheating each other too...

Thanks for confirming that blacks don't care about blacks Ben...

Robbing, cheating, killing each other...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:12 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Well... They do a lot of cheating and dumping on people then... And quick to murder each other in revenge too, by the looks of it...

Seems black lives don't matter to blacks when they like robbing and cheating each other too...

And that makes them different from other people in what way, exactly?

People are horrible to one another. You think white people aren't capable of the same thing, that they don't DO the same things?

You must live in a nice neighborhood, is all I'm saying Wink
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:29 am

Look at the numbers...

Half of US murders are black on black... Although blacks only make up 13% of US population...

Whites are disproportionately victims of black violence too...

Murder, rape, violent assault, robbery... But white lives don't matter enough for any protests...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:45 am

gelico wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

And the fact that blacks murdering blacks in the US accounts for around half the murders every year over there, alth

Gelico this is plain silly of you.

You are speaking to people who are educated (well most members are).

Are we supposed to be impressed by two random clowns spouting crap?  Shocked scratch

Anyone can show a clip of people talking unmitigated nonsense, it's easy.
I can show a vid of two bozos explaining that the earth is flat. What then??

That pair of fawning dicks are simply trying to curry favour with a target audience and saying what the audience WANT to hear - and it's disappointing to see you reeled in so easily.

BLM does not mean that only Black lives matter.  It means one of these 3 options
1. "Black lives matter also"
2. "Black lives matter too"
3. "Don't forget that black lives matter as well"

No one is impressed by two random fakes spouting crap.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:47 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

And that makes them different from other people in what way, exactly?

People are horrible to one another. You think white people aren't capable of the same thing, that they don't DO the same things?

You must live in a nice neighborhood, is all I'm saying Wink

All races are capable of horrific shit. Also, cops will kill black folks for the same reason as they will kill a white person.

They are power tripping authoritarians.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:54 am

I'm sorry to say that every time there's looting Blacks seem to be at the front of it !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:02 pm

JulesV wrote:
gelico wrote:

Are we supposed to be impressed by two random clowns spouting crap?  Shocked scratch

That pair of fawning dicks are simply trying to curry favour with a target audience and saying what the audience WANT to hear - and it's disappointing to see you reeled in so easily.

reeled in? oh please

lol, i think you might find that those who you describe as clowns, fawning dicks, spouting crap and talking nonsense, others might see as just having a different opinion (a valid different opinion btw)

you react to it any way you choose

here's another clown to throw into the mix

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1268540620731297803

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:04 pm

here's another clown spouting crap just for you jules

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1268215798234902528

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:10 pm

there blows another one

https://twitter.com/IndySpanglish/status/1267794420432343040

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:18 pm

Black lives matter

but only if you're a democrat

https://twitter.com/krystalscake/status/1267266689961390081

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:22 pm

gelico wrote:

Black lives matter

Holy shit. That’s disturbing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:28 pm

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

Black lives matter

Holy shit. That’s disturbing.

this is happening all over eddie

people being attacked because ''they don't agree''

i could post so many of these all day long but it's my birthday so fuck it

i'm going down to the sea front to chat with the gulls

later

xx

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:14 pm

gelico wrote:
JulesV wrote:

reeled in? oh please

lol, i think you might find that those who you describe as clowns, fawning dicks, spouting crap and talking nonsense, others might see as just having a different opinion (a valid different opinion btw)

you react to it any way you choose

here's another clown to throw into the mix

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1268540620731297803

Let's get one thing straight,
It is the specific issue of the true meaning of the slogan/motto  ''BLM''  that I was referring to. Nothing else.

This issue has come up again and again and it's been rumbling for years.
Lot's of people who don't get the meaning, say that the slogan BLM is wrong cos ALL lives matter.
I think activists should simply modify it in the way I have explained.

I called those two eejits clowns cos after all this time they still haven't grasped the true meaning of the motto. And they were laughing lot at their own limp jokes. They looked drunk too. Yes, utter clowns!

Read Ben's post which explains the true meaning of the motto BLM - he absolutely nailed it, gelico. Well done, Texan guy!! Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 1366281442

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:29 pm

gelico wrote:

here's another clown spouting crap just for you jules

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1268215798234902528

You said you could post stuff like this all day.
I would probably agree with you on all of them, gelico !!!
The ONLY one I specifically disagree with is the original one you posted, with the two hideous clowns who still don't get what BLM means, after all these years.
We should send Ben  over, to explain it to them.  Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 3489511464

Enjoy your birthday gelico ! Smile

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:00 pm

Police attack 75-year old man.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:11 pm

The original report was that he slipped and fell.

Upon discovering the entire episode had been witnessed and videoed,  that report was redacted and officers have been suspended without pay.
Good thing it was filmed.

https://mol.im/a/8390857

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Brutus wrote:The original report was that he slipped and fell.

Upon discovering the entire episode had been witnessed and videoed,  that report was redacted and officers have been suspended without pay.

What did I say about race not mattering to power tripping authoritarians?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:Police attack 75-year old man.

Pigs.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:06 pm

Brutus wrote:The original report was that he slipped and fell.

I think the greater sin, to the public, is how they lie.  Once you lose your word, no one believes in your principle.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 479860004

Fucking lying cops...

Shoot rubber bullets into bystanders, and release tear gas on to crowds and journalists (i.e. not actually targeting the wrongdoers..), and even Trump's press secretary is still denying it happened -- despite news footage..

Police seen bowling over that 79 year old man, and then stepping over his bleeding body, while heard saying "leave him, don't help him"..

Police sneering and jeering before attacking and bashing teams of journalists..

Why is it that so many police in some parts of the USA are so obviously "fucked in the head", while others in other places are able to behave properly ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:19 pm

What phased me off most is that 10 or 12 cops just walked by him, whilst he was unconscious and bleeding from a serious head wound.
It was the 2 military guys in Don's that stepped in , helped him and called the paramedics.
The cops would have been quite content for another protester to die on their watch.
Perhaps if every cop who walked on by was suspended , without pay then fired without pension for dereliction of duty, things just might start changing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Look at the numbers...

Half of US murders are black on black... Although blacks only make up 13% of US population...

Murder, rape, violent assault, robbery... But white lives don't matter enough for any protests...

Poverty and the shit that goes along with it -- substance abuse, child neglect, broken homes, etc. -- affects every race the same way.

The criminal element in America has at various times been largely Irish, Italian, Jewish, German. Mainly when they first came to America and were the shunned immigrant class.

Now there's higher criminal activity amongst Latinos and, in some of the bigger cities, Eastern Europeans. Same thing -- the immigrants go to the ghettos because they come with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Ghettos and poor areas in general always have higher crime rates, regardless of the color of the people who live there. The murder rate in Glasgow has been three times the rate of the overall UK, and Glasgow is 90 percent white. South Boston is a criminal hotbed and almost entirely white. There are also wealthy black cities in America where crime is almost unheard of.

The real problem with black crime in America is that America has a system that makes it easier to get ahead for white people than for black people. You can look that up for yourself, but it's simply true that it's easier for a white American to qualify for, say, a home loan than it is for a black American to do so.

That's what's meant by institutional racism. When you have institutional racism, you have a race of people that has been kept from thriving, kept living in a disproportionate amount of poverty, and which has no lifesaver to reach for.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:07 pm

Only one cop was “white”. Just saying.

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 F16c7910

And I hope they all rot.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:15 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Look at the numbers...

Poverty and the shit that goes along with it -- substance abuse, child neglect, broken homes, etc. -- affects every race the same way.

The criminal element in America has at various times been largely Irish, Italian, Jewish, German. Mainly when they first came to America and were the shunned immigrant class.

Now there's higher criminal activity amongst Latinos and, in some of the bigger cities, Eastern Europeans. Same thing -- the immigrants go to the ghettos because they come with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Ghettos and poor areas in general always have higher crime rates, regardless of the color of the people who live there. The murder rate in Glasgow has been three times the rate of the overall UK, and Glasgow is 90 percent white. South Boston is a criminal hotbed and almost entirely white. There are also wealthy black cities in America where crime is almost unheard of.

The real problem with black crime in America is that America has a system that makes it easier to get ahead for white people than for black people. You can look that up for yourself, but it's simply true that it's easier for a white American to qualify for, say, a home loan than it is for a black American to do so.

That's what's meant by institutional racism. When you have institutional racism, you have a race of people that has been kept from thriving, kept living in a disproportionate amount of poverty, and which has no lifesaver to reach for.

That's not true. In fact it's often the other way around. In an attempt to make things more equal, loans will be granted to some people even when it's highly unlikely to pay them back.

There is some systemic racism. White paternalism is part of that.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:18 pm

Brutus wrote:What phased me off most is that 10 or  12 cops just walked by him, whilst he was unconscious and bleeding from a serious head wound.
It was the 2 military guys in Don's that stepped in , helped him and called the paramedics.
The cops would have been quite content for another protester  to die on their watch.
Perhaps if every cop who walked on by was suspended , without pay then fired without pension for dereliction of duty, things just might start changing.

57 or so just resigned over the two being suspended.

The next phase is kicking off in some cities. The cops are going to walk out.

Now it will get exciting.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:25 pm

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 Cops10
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:56 pm

This happened in 2016...not ten months ago. It was ten months ago the video was released.

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 A27cd610
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:49 pm

Was it caught on video though?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:53 pm

Syl wrote:Was it caught on video though?

Yes I’ll find it. It’s all over Facebook.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:01 am

I just saw the vid somewhere else. It's just as shocking as the George Floyd vid....maybe moreso because the police were actually laughing after it appears they had killed the man.

Maybe some lives matter more than others.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:12 am

Syl wrote:Was it caught on video though?

Sure, as was Kelly Thomas and Daniel Shaver.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:19 am

I put this on my Facebook page two years ago today, and then again today.

Crickets.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:21 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

The private security guard managed to get him in cuffs before the cops got there. He already did most of their job for them.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:36 am

eddie wrote:This happened in 2016...not ten months ago. It was ten months ago the video was released.

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 A27cd610

It's the southern mentality. Just because they are racists, does not mean that don't have other folks that they hate. How do you think they feel about Jews?

Four Minnesota police officers fired after black man dies in custody - Page 5 File-1-1-e1502565991980

Southerners are the classic bully. If they can't find a black to kill, they'll take any weak-looking, nerdy person, as long as they are sure they don't get the shit kicked out of themselves.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:05 am

Original Quill wrote:Police attack 75-year old man.

Ouch!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I don't get how his limbs never splayed out as he fell. You'd expect such a reflex movement, to break his fall or protect his head. But his arms just stayed by his side! So his skull took the full force of the impact on the solid concrete. What a Face What a Face Quite tall too - about 6 foot 8 ? Hence that skull travelled quite a distance. Out cold!! And worryingly his unconscious frame looked exactly like a body laid out in a morgue - completely motionless, with his arms straight by his side, blood oozing out his head. Aaaargh traumatic to watch. No
Heard he's stable. Hope he recovers well, poor poor guy. x

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:09 am

He was pushed backwards. I think our reflexes are geared to break a fall forward. I think he got his elbows out, but that's about all he could do.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:18 am

Ah that must be the reason then.
I will track his progress day by day.
Bless his old heart.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next