NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history

+13
eddie
Original Quill
Fred Moletrousers
Vintage
The Devil, You Know
Maddog
nicko
JulesV
Lurker
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
Andy
17 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history - Page 4 Empty CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 9:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

And yet there are still some dumb fuckers like Skunk Stenchbandit and Monkey brain who deny it.

https://mol.im/a/7024057
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history - Page 4 Empty Re: CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Wow again Dr Tommy trying to explain to me things he is ignorant on. So explain to me, why in summer with higher levels of CO2, my asthma is worse. I am not allergic to pollen you retard?

Didge... you really need to check the facts about things before you post stupid claims about them... it would help you to not make yourself look so stupid all the time!!!

"...There's more carbon dioxide in the winter and a bit less in the summer. That's the collective breathing of all the plants in the Northern Hemisphere. "Plants are accumulating carbon in the spring and summer when they're active, and they're releasing carbon back to the air in the fall and winter,"..."

lol!

Now... I will wait for an apology from didge...

Laughing

No apology neededYou are simple an ignorant fuckwit

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/pollution/

Back to top Go down

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history - Page 4 Empty Re: CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:53 pm

...says the most ignorant fuckwit on this forum...!!!

lol!

I've told you many times didge... if you want to try to get clever with me, you have to back it up with intelligence... but unfortunately for you, that is something you are severely lacking in...!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Here we go again ... just because it's not currently possible to live a totally carbon-free lifestyle in today's world, if you say we should reduce pollution and CO2 emissions, you're somehow a hypocrite.
it's the greens desire that we live in a pre industrial world, well apart from them of course. Despite what we hear, the majority of energy is derived from oil, gas, nuclear and coal. Yes the uk went a while 2 weeks without input from coal fired stations recently, they dont switch the stations off while they do that though. And it certainly wasn't all generated by wind and solar in that time. IF you want low carbon energy invest in nuclear.

Rolling Eyes

More of DYKnose's outright lies...

All that DYK and his smelly' little sidekick ever do on here, is continually roll out their idiotic denialist propaganda, prepared and payed for by the 'Big Oil & Mining' disinformation lobbying arms..

Not once have they provided any substantive evidence to back their lies, contributing zero to any of these discussions, but instead just keep on doubling down on lies like this garbage above.

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 pm

CO2 isn't higher in summer then.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:56 pm

I dont have to even atempt to be clever when as seen, you agreed with the idiocy that Vintage presented and thought it was a gotcha moment.

That was a hilarious and even more so your view to now think you understand triggers for asthma

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Is nuclear power very cost effective? It might be "cleaner" as long as nothing goes wrong, but if it does go wrong it could create a much worse problem than CO2 pollution.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Wow again Dr Tommy trying to explain to me things he is ignorant on. So explain to me, why in summer with higher levels of CO2, my asthma is worse.

Is it higher in summer or not?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Wow again Dr Tommy trying to explain to me things he is ignorant on. So explain to me, why in summer with higher levels of CO2, my asthma is worse.

My asthma is worse in the summer, can you explain that and i am not allergic to pollen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:04 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

My asthma is worse in the summer, can you explain that and i am not allergic to pollen?

Can you explain why you said that CO2 levels are higher in summer?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Because they are

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/22/carbon-dioxide-climate-change_n_5187844.html

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:16 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Because they are

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/22/carbon-dioxide-climate-change_n_5187844.html

superbly reliable source of info the huff post may be, it didn't mention in that article that co2 levels are higher in the summer, not that i could see anyway

scratch

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:20 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Because they are

superbly reliable source of info the huff post may be, it didn't mention in that article that co2 levels are higher in the summer, not that i could see anyway

scratch

Mainly as both Tommy and Rags are being stupid

The levels are roughly the same between summer and winter, except in summer more is absorbed by plants etc. The difference is minimal in levels, but air pulltion on hazy summer days can flare up my asthma

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:37 pm

Andy wrote:And yet there are still some dumb fuckers like Skunk Stenchbandit and Monkey brain who deny it.

https://mol.im/a/7024057

i always thought you despised the DM and considered them liars on everything

no?

scratch

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:47 pm

They have moderated significantly since that sleazeball Dacre fiucked off.
The new editor , Geordie Greig has a lot more credibility , and isn't influenced by politicians. And unlike Dacre, isn't a bastard.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Andy wrote:They have moderated significantly since that sleazeball Dacre fiucked off.
The new editor , Geordie Greig has a lot more credibility , and isn't influenced by politicians. And unlike Dacre, isn't a bastard.

well, that's that one answered then, thanks

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history - Page 4 2984306523

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Yes... he definitely claimed that CO2 levels are higher in summer... and he also said he was sure that it was the higher CO2 levels that were responsible for the worsening of his asthma attacks...

Then when I showed him that CO2 levels were lower in summer than autumn/winter... he still went on to try claiming that CO2 levels are higher in summer...

Quotes...

Raggamuffin wrote:

Didge wrote:

Because they are

But a little while later... dodge was contradicting himself by then posting this...

"...the levels are roughly the same between summer and winter, except in summer more is absorbed by plants etc..."

By which I think he is admitting that CO2 levels are not higher in summer... but CO2 levels are actually lower in summer...!!!

lol!

And I'm still waiting for his apology...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:14 pm

I see tommy is once again exposing his stupidity to the forum. The amounts of CO2 pumpoed into the atmosphere is generally higher in the summer. Only that more is absorbed due to more plants.

ha ha ha. Tommy cannot grasp this simple reality. As more CO2 is pumped into the atmosphere, just also more is absorbed in summer

Doh

lol!

This is nearly as bad as him thinking a quarter of a billion tons of Co2 was more than 40  billion tonnes

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history - Page 4 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:34 pm

phildidge wrote:I see tommy is once again exposing his stupidity to the forum. The amounts of CO2 pumpoed into the atmosphere is generally higher in the summer. Only that more is absorbed due to more plants.

ha ha ha. Tommy cannot grasp this simple reality. As more CO2 is pumped into the atmosphere, just also more is absorbed in summer

Doh

lol!

This is nearly as bad as him thinking a quarter of a billion tons of Co2 was more than 40  billion tonnes

How is there more CO2 being put into the atmosphere in summer than in winter...?

And how can CO2 levels still be lower in summer than in winter...?

When...

"...In the springtime, leaves soak up carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, converting the gas into organic carbon compounds. Come autumn, trees shed their leaves, leaving them to decompose in the soil as they are eaten by microbes.  Over time, decaying leaves release carbon back into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide.

In fact, the natural decay of organic carbon contributes more than 90 percent of the yearly carbon dioxide released into Earth’s atmosphere and oceans
..."

lol!

CO2 levels are lower in summer than autumn/winter... so didges claim that COW is higher in summer, and causing his asthma to flare up... is complete bullshit!!!

Laughing

Still waiting for an apology...

?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:43 pm

Can someone please dumb down for tommy this basic understanding of how much is pumped into the atmosphere and where more is also absorbed?

lol!

He wants also an apology, for him being a tad dim?

Sorry, no apologies for your stupidity and even more so when you cannot even admiot to your earlier error following the poor claim from Vintage on Volcanoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:48 pm

The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines air pollution as “any visible or invisible particle or gas found in the air that is not part of the natural composition of air.”

Air pollution comes from many different sources – some are man-made and some are naturally occurring. Air pollution includes gases, smoke from fires, volcanic ash and dust particles.

Research shows that air pollution can worsen asthma symptoms. A study of young campers with moderate to severe asthma showed they were 40 percent more likely to have acute asthma episodes on high pollution summer days than on days with average pollution levels.

Another study found that older adults were more likely to visit the emergency room for breathing problems when summer air pollution was high.

https://www.aafa.org/air-pollution-smog-asthma/

Opps

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:01 pm

That article doesn't say that CO2 is higher in the summer, or that it causes asthma.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:That article doesn't say that CO2 is higher in the summer, or that it causes asthma.

Okay rags, in summer, more plants bloom and thus absorb more carbon dioxide, but in built up areas like cities, which have many automobiles. What do you think the effect of this then has on asthma sufferers? It happens more so in summer months than in winter months

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Here Rags, hope this helps explain the problem, for you better than i can.

https://foobot.io/resources/heat-waves-make-air-quality-worse/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:00 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:That article doesn't say that CO2 is higher in the summer, or that it causes asthma.

Okay rags, in summer, more plants bloom and thus absorb more carbon dioxide, but in built up areas like cities, which have many automobiles. What do you think the effect of this then has on asthma sufferers? It happens more so in summer months than in winter months

Don't be ridiculous...

CO2 is between 0.03% and 0.05% of air... and not the trigger of asthma attacks!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Don't be ridiculous...

CO2 is between 0.03% and 0.05% of air... and not the trigger of asthma attacks!!!

So why can you not answer the question Tommny?
Co2 levels play a major part in the process of pollution that in hot days certainly trigger asthma attacks

So now you have to prove me wrong with science?

But you dont know any real science do you tommy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 pm

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history - Page 4 Climate_change_health_impacts600w

Human activities, such as the burning of fossil fuels like coal and oil, increase the amount of carbon dioxide that is emitted into the Earth’s atmosphere, thus changing the Earth’s natural atmospheric greenhouse.1 According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), shown in the graphic above, climate change will affect air pollution, vector-borne diseases, allergens, water quality, water and food supply, environmental deterioration, extreme heat and severe weather. All of these changes are a serious threat to health.2
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), warmer temperatures could increase the concentrations of unhealthy air and water pollutants. Along with these, the environmental consequences of climate change, which are already occurring, include heat waves, changes in precipitation (flooding and drought), more intense storms, and worsening air quality.1

The direct damage cost to health caused by climate change (not including factors that affect health such as agriculture, water, and sanitation) is estimated to be between 2 to 4 billion dollars per year by 2030.3

By reducing emissions of greenhouse gases through better transportation, food and energy use, we can reduce the impact of climate change on health and reduce the amount of air pollution.3

https://www.aafa.org/climate-and-health/

Lets give a round of applause for Tommy, once again winning "I am a dummy on science"

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:23 pm

If CO2 is responsible for triggering asthma attacks... then why isn't there a spike in attacks for asthma sufferers in the countryside in the autumn/winter time, when cow levels are higher there...!?

When...

"...In the springtime, leaves soak up carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, converting the gas into organic carbon compounds. Come autumn, trees shed their leaves, leaving them to decompose in the soil as they are eaten by microbes.  Over time, decaying leaves release carbon back into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide.

In fact, the natural decay of organic carbon contributes more than 90 percent of the yearly carbon dioxide released into Earth’s atmosphere and oceans..."

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

If CO2 is responsible for triggering asthma attacks... then why isn't there a spike in attacks for asthma sufferers in the countryside in the autumn/winter time, when cow levels are higher there...!?

Oh my, and this is why tommy does not understand science

Do you see smoggy days in the city or the countryside Tommy?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

There is also spikes in asthma during cold weather also, but your view on the countryside had me rolling on the floor for 5 minutes  Laughing

With cold weather is more about cold and damp air entering the airways that can also trigger asthma. Like i said there is many things that trigger asthma, but this debate is about how co2, pollutionand hot weather is creating more asthma sufferers and asthma attacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Here Tommy, educate that pea brain of yours by understanding how big cities are behind significant high levels of Co2.Its why many of us, should be looking to reduice these levels or take a leaf out of Victors book and go basically back to nature in the woods

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/heres-how-much-cities-contribute-to-the-worlds-carbon-footprint/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:43 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

When...

"...In the springtime, leaves soak up carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, converting the gas into organic carbon compounds. Come autumn, trees shed their leaves, leaving them to decompose in the soil as they are eaten by microbes.  Over time, decaying leaves release carbon back into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide.

In fact, the natural decay of organic carbon contributes more than 90 percent of the yearly carbon dioxide released into Earth’s atmosphere and oceans..."

No climate scientist would claim otherwise. You're talking about the carbon cycle, which has done a pretty good job of managing CO2 levels for a long, long time.

But what you have to realize is that the carbon cycle is a lot like pouring water from one glass into another of the same size. As long as you only put water from one glass into the other, each glass will be able to hold all the water.

But what we're doing by putting extra CO2 into the air is like pouring water from one glass into another, then adding a few extra tablespoons. One tablespoon isn't a lot, but eventually, neither glass will be able to contain all the water.

Or to put it more simply, there's a limit to how much CO2 the world's plant life can absorb, just as there's a limit to how much oxygen we can breathe.

So not only are human beings putting CO2 into the air that didn't come from decaying plants, we're also killing off a lot of the world's plant life through deforestation, urban expansion, etc.

We're obviously the problem.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:54 am

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history - Page 4 562977434

Re:  'Plant Life'...

Many people think of the Amazon rainforest as being the "world's lungs" when they hear about the co-dependence between plants and CO2;  better-informed persons will also think of the Great Forests of central Russia, and maybe the deciduous forests of North America as being nearly as important;  while the well-informed will know that the oceans' phyto-plankton population is actually the most important "carbon sink" within the World's 'Carbon Cycle'.

Unfortunately for the health of the planet, at the same time that Humanity has been greatly increasing its' "greenhouse gas" emissions since the Industrial Revolution,  it has also removed 25% of the world's tree cover !  And in recent years, Japanese and Taiwanese factory ships have begun plundering the world's oceans, further depleting all sealife..  And all in all, all the time adding extra pollutants to the environment, foulling our air, and stealing more and more water from local systems.

Every so often, you will see overpaid corporate lobbyists, the likes of "Penn and Teller" (via their "Bullshit" TV show..) and the faux-'lord' Christopher Monckton, falsely claiming that there are supposedly "more trees" now than 200 years ago --  apparently selectively cherry-picking tree coverage and tree plantings in the USA and Western Europe,  while pointedly ignoring that --
*  trees aren't being replaced fast enough in South America, China, India, northern Africa, South East Asia, Australia, and around the Pacific Islands, to make up for continuing clearance rates;
*  It will take between 50 and 150+ years to rebuild the biomass and 'diversity in those areas where old growth forests have been clear-felled enmasse  --  those pretty looking new plantations being planted out now will only be soaking up 20 -->> 25% of the COx gases each year (compared to the previous old growth forests..) until they have matured sufficiently;
*  A lot of commercial tree plantings are being harvested within 15 to 25 years of plantings, seriously 'short-circuiting' their potential contributions as "carbon sinks" --  but still offering more chances for "green washing" propaganda efforts by the corporate timber merchants and their shill politicians.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

If someone let's off a CO2 fire extinguisher in the room... it wouldn't make you cough... and the room wouldn't get warmer...

However... if you had a TV on in a room, and a light on, and maybe a games console and/or a laptop/PC... the room would definitely be much warmer than it had of been if you did not have these heat emitting electrical devices on...

Maybe your question should be asking where all the heat from all the heat emitting electrical devices goes, and heat from all the fuel burning engines/electric motors goes, and all the heat from all the water we warm up (to bath/shower in etc) goes...?

Surely if a couple of things being on can warm a room up a bit... in what way do you think all of this collective heat might be affecting the atmosphere...?

That isn’t what I asked.
This is:

eddie wrote:
Tommy, I want to put something to you:

If someone sprays an aerosol in a room, like a whole can, don’t you think you’d cough your guts up? Would it not irritate your lungs?

The answer is yes.

So how can all these aerosols, for example, NOT affect the atmosphere and therefore the weather?

Come on Eddie...!

I've answered your questions... how about answer my above post...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Eddie...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Seriously, Tommy, the more you talk about global warming, the more you prove that you know fuck-all about it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:27 pm

You didn’t answer my question, though to be fair maybe what I was talking about wasn’t CO2 emissions.

But you still didn’t answer my question.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:34 am

Ben... anybody can repeat things that they are told to believe... but while idiots will do this without question... intelligent people will question what they are told, are intelligent enough to understand the arguments behind the claims, and are intelligent enough to think for themselves and to formulate legitimate reasons to disagree with what may be being claimed...!

Eddie... I tried hard to answer your (loaded) question...

You said if someone sprayed a whole can of aerosol in a room... that I would cough... and that this therefore meant that the wider atmosphere would be adversely affected etc...

I tried explaining how this was a flawed supposition... but then you claimed you were talking about different aerosols... without actually stating exactly which aerosols you were talking about...!?

If you could elaborate a bit... then I could try to answer some more...?

But... in the mean time... maybe you could answer my question about where all the heat goes from electrical devices/tvs/computers/lights/engines/electric motors etc and from all the water we heat up to wash/shower/bath in, and that we heat up to pump round our radiators/central heating etc...???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:17 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Ben... anybody can repeat things that they are told to believe... but while idiots will do this without question... intelligent people will question what they are told, are intelligent enough to understand the arguments behind the claims, and are intelligent enough to think for themselves and to formulate legitimate reasons to disagree with what may be being claimed...!

Eddie... I tried hard to answer your (loaded) question...

You said if someone sprayed a whole can of aerosol in a room... that I would cough... and that this therefore meant that the wider atmosphere would be adversely affected etc...

I tried explaining how this was a flawed supposition... but then you claimed you were talking about different aerosols... without actually stating exactly which aerosols you were talking about...!?

If you could elaborate a bit... then I could try to answer some more...?

But... in the mean time... maybe you could answer my question about where all the heat goes from electrical devices/tvs/computers/lights/engines/electric motors etc and from all the water we heat up to wash/shower/bath in, and that we heat up to pump round our radiators/central heating etc...???

Come on Eddie..!?

If you want to heat up your living room when you're a bit too cold... do you...

a) spray a bit of aerosol around, cos it fills the room with a little bit more CO2/some other gas, and this little bit of extra gas acts as a thermo blanket of heat generation/storage etc, and your living room suddenly becomes more toasty...!?

b) Turn on the heat of central heating/fireplace etc... adding direct heat to the living room environment, and resulting in direct warming and a direct climate change in your living room...!?

Now... given the massive increase in heat generating lighting/equipment/devices/gadgets/motors/air con/refrigeration/technology across the world over the last few decades... and the increase in central heating and hot running water for the masses etc...

Simple question...

Where does all this additional heat go...!?

Doesn't it all end up in the atmosphere...!?

So... what effect do you think all this huge amount of additional heat into the atmosphere might be having on global temperatures/climate change etc...!!!???

Come on Eddie...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:12 am

Human beings cannot generate enough heat to warm the world. We can alter the atmosphere to make it trap more solar radiation, which is indeed what we have done.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:16 pm

So... all the heat that we put into the atmosphere... where does it go?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:51 pm

Well...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:00 am

Heat rises, doesn't it ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:39 am

nicko wrote:Heat rises, doesn't it ?

Arrow

True enough there, nicko...

Heat indeed rises;  and also moves from warmer to cooler places until the temperature equalizes ..

As long as there is nothing to stop it.

With regard to this planet we live on, most of the heat on our Earth (the bulk of which comes from solar radiation, i.e. 'sunlight', both reflected from the Earth's surface, and a small proportion being trapped within rocks, plants and oceans  --  the contribution of heat generated by humankinds' activities is only a very small portion of the overall totals --  much more important is the increased refection from tree clearing, 'concrete jungle' megacities, broadscale agriculture, and increasing 'desertification'..) will be trapped by the atmospheric process known as "the greenhouse effect"..

Without sufficient heat being trapped within the atmosphere, this world would simply be another cold lifeless rock in the Solar System...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect

https://www.environment.gov.au/climate-change/climate-science-data/climate-science/greenhouse-effect

Life on Earth has evolved to exist within a relatively narrow temperature range --  if the temperature rises above a certain level, life will be wiped out.  Well before then, though, a rapidly warming atmosphere will lead to increasing swings in weather extremes, bigger storm 'surges', bigger ocean swells, shifting agricultural systems, increasing extinctions due to 'habitat losses'..   Hence the current interest in the part played by mankind's increasing production of "greenhouse gases" (not only Carbon dioxide, but also methane, NOx and SOx compounds..), accelerating climate changes to the stage where we are already witnessing changes that wouldn't be due for several hundred years yet, under more 'natural' cycles...

https://www.climatechangeinaustralia.gov.au/en/climate-campus/climate-system/greenhouse-gases/

http://www.cmar.csiro.au/e-print/open/gh_faq.htm

sunny
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So... all the heat that we put into the atmosphere... where does it go?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:11 pm

Scientists shocked by Arctic permafrost thawing 70 years sooner than predicted

Permafrost at outposts in the Canadian Arctic is thawing 70 years earlier than predicted, an expedition has discovered, in the latest sign that the global climate crisis is accelerating even faster than scientists had feared.

A team from the University of Alaska Fairbanks said they were astounded by how quickly a succession of unusually hot summers had destabilised the upper layers of giant subterranean ice blocks that had been frozen solid for millennia.

“What we saw was amazing,” Vladimir Romanovsky, a professor of geophysics at the university, told Reuters. “It’s an indication that the climate is now warmer than at any time in the last 5,000 or more years.“

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/18/arctic-permafrost-canada-science-climate-crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 pm

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR8U7UN_sJjZcv8_d8JgpTIOeGvhfkiXUNYqCM26AS1CXM-Q
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 pm

A misleading graph purporting to show that past changes in Greenland’s temperatures dwarf modern climate change has been circling the internet since at least 2010.

Based on an early Greenland ice core record produced back in 1997, versions of the graph have, variously, mislabeled the x-axis, excluded the modern observational temperature record and conflated a single location in Greenland with the whole world.

More recently, researchers have drilled numerous additional ice cores throughout Greenland and produced an updated estimate past Greenland temperatures.

This modern temperature reconstruction, combined with observational records over the past century, shows that current temperatures in Greenland are warmer than any period in the past 2,000 years. That said, they are likely still cooler than during the early part of the current geological epoch – the Holocene – which started around 11,000 years ago.

However, warming is expected to continue in the future as human actions continue to emit greenhouse gases, primarily from the combustion of fossil fuels.

Climate models project that if emissions continue, by 2050, Greenland temperatures will exceed anything seen since the last interglacial period, around 125,000 years ago.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/factcheck-what-greenland-ice-cores-say-about-past-and-present-climate-change

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:05 pm

My graph goes back 10000 years dodge...

Not 2000 years...

And the GISP2 data is recognised as accurate...

However your waffle is recognised as waffle...!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Also... your post contradicts the claim in your earlier post of the guardian article...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

My graph goes back 10000 years dodge...

Not 2000 years...

And the GISP2 data is recognised as accurate...

However your waffle is recognised as waffle...!!!

You never read the whole link did you Tommy?
This is why you have the intellect of a gerbil
So many times I have posted science to debunk the doctored graph you keep presented by Easterman and you are so guillible and brainwashed like a religious zealot. Youy conintually ignore the science and data on this.
Would you like me to post the full article to embarress you further?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next