NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history

+13
eddie
Original Quill
Fred Moletrousers
Vintage
The Devil, You Know
Maddog
nicko
JulesV
Lurker
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
Andy
17 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history Empty CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 9:46 pm

And yet there are still some dumb fuckers like Skunk Stenchbandit and Monkey brain who deny it.

https://mol.im/a/7024057
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history Empty Re: CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Starting a thread with a pair of drive-by, first-blood insults. Not a good way to foster a good debate!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history Empty Re: CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 9:54 pm

But it is, and they do deny it.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Andy wrote:But it is, and they do deny it.

But still. Anyway.

It's a pretty serious topic; I'd hate to think anybody would dismiss it because of the preemptive name-calling.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Because when the only thing you have to say about this dire warning is to bash "Skunk Stenchbandit and Monkey brain," it seems like you care more about bashing them than you do that the world is in danger. Just saying.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 14, 2019 12:04 am

CO2 levels are around 0.04% of atmosphere... much the same as it has been for generations...!

Eric Holthaus is a twat!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 14, 2019 12:28 am

Tommy Monk wrote:CO2 levels are around 0.04% of atmosphere... much the same as it has been for generations...!

Eric Holthaus is a twat!!!

First of all, could you explain how you know more about this topic than people who study it?

Secondly, does Holthaus being a twat (I don't know if he is or isn't, actually) have anything to do with whether he's right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 14, 2019 12:38 am

I have done enough study to know that the above OP claim is total bullshit!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue May 14, 2019 7:33 am

I did warn you, Ben.
There is no persuading morons.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 am

Cool

Tommy 'Twatface' Monk has "studied" climate change science, via perusing denialist propaganda literature on the internet, courtesy of those polluting corporations themselves...

Tommy is a self-declared "genius", after finding an online Mickey Mouse "test" that gave him an I.Q. of 371,654,124.765..

So who are we mere mortals to deny Tommy's ongoing claim that he knows more about climatology than all of those pesky scientists, farmers, fishers, foresters, military leaders, firefighters and city planners who keep on making allowances for the very climate change that Tommy claims isn't there ?

Tommy is most obviously the closest thing to an all-seeing, all-knowing supreme being that we have on Newsfix -- just ask those 4 or 5 supporters he has on here..

cheers
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 14, 2019 12:00 pm

The above article is centred around a claim of CO2 level in one location... ON TOP OF A VOLCANO IN HAWAII...!!!

Now... how much of this CO2 actually eminates from the volcano itself...!?

But either way... it is clearly shown in ice core data that any rise in CO2 is seen AFTER warner temperatures... as a result of warmer temperatures... not before and causing warmer temperatures ..!!!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 pm

You can't convince a like-minded Trump supporter about anything that has facts.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 14, 2019 1:05 pm

If I'm not speaking the truth then it should easy to prove me wrong... but nobody ever does...!!!

I wonder why...!?

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue May 14, 2019 1:13 pm

@ title: 
We ain't seen nothing yet.

IF melting of the polar ice caps accelerates, the once-frozen organic debris (which is of course saturated with carbon) will start interacting with atmospheric oxygen, and then ........ oh boy!! What a Face 

Where's Veya these days? He'd agree heartily with me!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Waffle...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm

A single sentence is not a waffle.

I've a good mind to post several waffly paragraphs now!  Twisted Evil

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Nothing new there...!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Who are Tommy's 4 or 5 supporters ?I think we should know . You can't make accusations like that and then fail to prove them, come on Wolfie ,cough up !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 pm

And now the far right extremist Nazi party the AfD are in climate change denial, calling  Greta Thunberg mentally disturbed.
guess our 2 resident cretins w/o be drilling in that party , if they haven't already done so.

IGermany’s AfD turns on Greta Thunberg as it embraces climate denial https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/14/germanys-afd-attacks-greta-thunberg-as-it-embraces-climate-denial?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue May 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Nothing new there...!  lol!
Nothing new in your favourite habit of posting your favourite word "WAFFLE" at members, either.

I can be VERY curt when it really matters Wink Wink  - that's what's important.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 5:24 pm

MONEY.............MONEY...............MONEY

GIVE ME MONEY......................OR THE SKY WILL FALL

- Al Gore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Andy wrote:And now the far right extremist Nazi party the AfD are in climate change denial, calling  Greta Thunberg mentally disturbed.
guess our 2 resident cretins w/o be drilling in that party , if they haven't already done so.

IGermany’s AfD turns on Greta Thunberg as it embraces climate denial https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/14/germanys-afd-attacks-greta-thunberg-as-it-embraces-climate-denial?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

You can call people "far right/nazi" as much as you like... but it doesn't make it true...!!!

Being eurosceptic and against the mass invasion of bogus asylum seekers/economic migrants, does not make anyone "far right/nazi"...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue May 14, 2019 5:58 pm

I didn't call you anything.
You identified yourself from my description.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 14, 2019 6:05 pm

I was referring to your post about the AFD...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed May 15, 2019 2:23 am

smelly-bandit wrote:

- Al Gore

Rolling Eyes

Do go fuck yourself...

You brainless trolling moronic oxygen thief..

You do realise that you're the only person who mentions Al Gore on here ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 15, 2019 10:58 am

I agree with SB about Al Gore...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed May 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Al Gore is billion times more intelligent than ignorant conservatives that believe in superstition over science.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2019 2:36 pm

Lurker wrote:Al Gore is billion times more intelligent than ignorant conservatives that believe in superstition over science.

yeah he is so intelligent he bought a beach front property even though he told everyone the water levels are rising

super intelligent

makes you wonder if HE believes in the science or if he is just here for the money

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed May 15, 2019 5:09 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

- Al Gore

Rolling Eyes

Do go fuck yourself...

You brainless trolling moronic oxygen thief..

You do realise that you're the only person who mentions Al Gore on here  ?

Razz

Some brainless trolling hate-fuelled old flophead redded my post  !!!

Like I said earlier, our two moronic denialists do have a handful of equally moronic boosters on here..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 15, 2019 10:14 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Lurker wrote:Al Gore is billion times more intelligent than ignorant conservatives that believe in superstition over science.

yeah he is so intelligent he bought a beach front property even though he told everyone the water levels are rising

super intelligent

makes you wonder if HE believes in the science or if he is just here for the money

None of you 'climate change' believers care to answer why Gore has bought himself a luxury beach front pad... after he tells everyone how the sea levels will imminently be rising way above the level of his beachfront pad roof...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 6:57 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

super intelligent

None of you 'climate change' believers care to answer why Gore has bought himself a luxury beach front pad... after he tells everyone how the sea levels will imminently be rising way above the level of his beachfront pad roof...!?

HERESY!!!!!!

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

How dare you question the high priest Al gore!!!!!!!!!

Death to the heathen and the unbeliever!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

super intelligent

Rolling Eyes

Okay, Tommy Twatface...

I will tell you the same thing I told your dimwitted co-denialist chum, SmellyNoBrain...

You two fuckwits are the only ones discussing Gore on here..

Gore is not a scientist;
Gore is nobodys' leader, prophet or teacher;
Gore is not God..

Gore simply represents a couple of environment groups.

I've never referenced or quoted Gore in any of my posts..

Smelly is the only fool around here having his wetdreams over things Gore was doing or saying a decade or two ago...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Okay, Tommy Twatface...

I will tell you the same thing I told your dimwitted co-denialist chum, SmellyNoBrain...

You two fuckwits  are the only ones discussing Gore on here..

Gore is not a scientist;
Gore is nobodys' leader, prophet or teacher;
Gore is not God..

Gore simply represents a couple of environment groups.

I've never referenced or quoted Gore in any of my posts..

Smelly is the only fool around here having his wetdreams over things Gore was doing or saying a decade or two ago...

Al gore was instrumental in pushing climate change

He won a nobel prize for his work on it

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu May 16, 2019 10:33 am

CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history 3408175593

The lies just keep on flowing...

Al Gore's (joint) Nobel Peace Prize was in 2007..

He received it for "..helping to disseminate information".

He had nothing to do with any of the Smelly/Tommy/Koch bros. promoted conspiracies, that Smelly has been pushing for some years.   Smelly even goes so far as to regularly contradict himself on here --  one moment claiming that there was no climate change before Al Gore's documentary and book, and the next admitting that there has always been climate change to some degree or another..

The troll commonly known as the SmellyBumster gives no actual information to back up his trolling bullshit lies, but --  as with co-denialist Tommy "TwatBrain" Monk --  just keeps on peddling his garbage, hoping that somebody will eventually believe his nonsense..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:CO2 levels at the highest level in Earth's history 3408175593

The lies just keep on flowing...

Al Gore's (joint) Nobel Peace Prize was in 2007..

He received it for "..helping to disseminate information".

He had nothing to do with any of the Smelly/Tommy/Koch bros. promoted conspiracies, that Smelly has been pushing for some years.   Smelly even goes so far as to regularly contradict himself on here --  one moment claiming that there was no climate change before Al Gore's documentary and book, and the next admitting that there has always been climate change to some degree or another..

The troll commonly known as the SmellyBumster gives no actual information to back up his trolling bullshit lies, but --  as with co-denialist Tommy "TwatBrain" Monk --  just keeps on peddling his garbage, hoping that somebody will eventually believe his nonsense..

So Al gore is like a prophet

Preaching the message of climate change and rising waters from his beach front property

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu May 16, 2019 2:26 pm

Razz

You're living in the past, SmellyDenialist ...

Al Gore is yesterdays hero; todays fish&chips wrapper..

Can't you do any better, Smellykins ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed May 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I have done enough study to know that the above OP claim is total bullshit!!!

LOL Stay off Fox News.... They lie.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed May 22, 2019 1:58 pm

"Highest in Earths history" was anyone around a few million years ago to record it ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 22, 2019 3:05 pm

nicko wrote: "Highest in Earths history"   was anyone around a few million years ago to record it ?

It was recorded in ice and through other natural means, just ask Tommy! Twisted Evil
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed May 22, 2019 3:13 pm

nicko wrote:
"Highest in Earths history"   was anyone around a few million years ago to record it ?

Arrow

Ice 'core' samples, fossilised trees...

There's plenty of actual evidence out there -- as explained over and over by Ben, veya, Dodge, Victor amd myself on here over the years..

But for some inexplicable reason, you prefer to listen to the Koch bro's-financed propaganda puff pieces from brainless twats like Tommy and SmellyBum'.

Go figure..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed May 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Oh do fuck off you wanker !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 22, 2019 9:23 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
nicko wrote:
"Highest in Earths history"   was anyone around a few million years ago to record it ?

Arrow

Ice 'core' samples,  fossilised trees...

There's plenty of actual evidence out there --  as explained over and over by Ben, veya, Dodge, Victor amd myself on here over the years..

But for some inexplicable reason,  you prefer to listen to the Koch bro's-financed propaganda puff pieces from brainless twats like Tommy and SmellyBum'.

Go figure..

The 2 Ice core studies that I post about, GISP2 and Vostok, both show that higher levels of CO2 occur AFTER WARMER TEMPERATURES OCCUR... NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND!!!

IF ANYONE HERE THINKS I AM JUST MAKING UP CRAP FOR FUN... THEN DO SOME RESEARCH OF YOUR OWN... AND SEE FOR YOURSELF WHAT THE FACTS ARE!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 22, 2019 9:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
nicko wrote:

Arrow

Ice 'core' samples,  fossilised trees...

There's plenty of actual evidence out there --  as explained over and over by Ben, veya, Dodge, Victor amd myself on here over the years..

But for some inexplicable reason,  you prefer to listen to the Koch bro's-financed propaganda puff pieces from brainless twats like Tommy and SmellyBum'.

Go figure..

The 2 Ice core studies that I post about, GISP2 and Vostok, both show that higher levels of CO2 occur AFTER WARMER TEMPERATURES OCCUR... NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND!!!

IF ANYONE HERE THINKS I AM JUST MAKING UP CRAP FOR FUN... THEN DO SOME RESEARCH OF YOUR OWN... AND SEE FOR YOURSELF WHAT THE FACTS ARE!!!

I don't think you're making it up, but I do know that you're not telling the whole story. I also don't know if you're doing that because you don't know the whole story, or because you want to deceive people. But here's the whole story:

Yes, ancient spikes in CO2 came after, not before, the onset of a warming period.

However, in each of these cases, about 90 percent of the total warming recorded came after the spike in CO2, not before it.

What triggered those ancient warmings were shifts in the Earth's orbit. After the planet began to warm, a chain reaction was set off which led to a large increase in CO2.

Now, there is no evidence supporting the idea that introducing CO2 into the atmosphere will not cause warming. A simple science experiment in which CO2 is pumped into a jar with a thermometer inside it can easily prove that the air inside warms faster with more CO2.

The very presence of life on Earth proves that CO2 warms the planet, because if we had no greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the average temperature of the Earth would be below freezing.

The main difference between ancient warmings and the one going on right now, then, is that we are actively, purposefully pumping CO2 into the air that wasn't going to get into the air any other way.

You're basically arguing that eggs couldn't possibly come from birds, because birds come from eggs. Increased CO2 is both a cause and an effect of global warming.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

But still. Anyway.

It's a pretty serious topic; I'd hate to think anybody would dismiss it because of the preemptive name-calling.

Too late.

I'm done with this thread.

Have you considered just deleting a thread that starts like this?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 22, 2019 11:23 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

But still. Anyway.

Too late.

It's more difficult with threads like this, because he was the first to share a really important story. I would rather critique the way he presented it than just delete a thread about a huge, real, global threat to human civilization.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 23, 2019 12:03 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I don't think you're making it up, but I do know that you're not telling the whole story. I also don't know if you're doing that because you don't know the whole story, or because you want to deceive people. But here's the whole story:

Yes, ancient spikes in CO2 came after, not before, the onset of a warming period.

However, in each of these cases, about 90 percent of the total warming recorded came after the spike in CO2, not before it.

What triggered those ancient warmings were shifts in the Earth's orbit. After the planet began to warm, a chain reaction was set off which led to a large increase in CO2.

Now, there is no evidence supporting the idea that introducing CO2 into the atmosphere will not cause warming. A simple science experiment in which CO2 is pumped into a jar with a thermometer inside it can easily prove that the air inside warms faster with more CO2.

The very presence of life on Earth proves that CO2 warms the planet, because if we had no greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the average temperature of the Earth would be below freezing.

The main difference between ancient warmings and the one going on right now, then, is that we are actively, purposefully pumping CO2 into the air that wasn't going to get into the air any other way.

You're basically arguing that eggs couldn't possibly come from birds, because birds come from eggs. Increased CO2 is both a cause and an effect of global warming.

Can you back up your claim that I highlighted...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu May 23, 2019 12:18 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Too late.

It's more difficult with threads like this, because he was the first to share a really important story. I would rather critique the way he presented it than just delete a thread about a huge, real, global threat to human civilization.

If it's so important to you, you could at least make sure that the title of the thread jives with the title in the news article being cited.

Last edited by Maddog on Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Razz

You're living in the past,  SmellyDenialist ...

Al Gore is yesterdays hero;  todays fish&chips wrapper..

Can't you do any better,  Smellykins  ???

Razz

Some idiot flophead redded my comment here !!!

Seems there's one corporatist drongo there who simply "can't handle the truth"..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu May 23, 2019 6:23 pm

is an active volcano the best place to be measuring any gas levels?
it like when they use to use airports for temperature records. Pointless and misleading.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Andy wrote:I did warn you, Ben.
There is no persuading morons.
yet you still continue to post.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next