NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lefties, liberals, guilt and murder

+3
eddie
Original Quill
Eilzel
7 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Lefties, liberals, guilt and murder  Empty Lefties, liberals, guilt and murder

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:18 pm

In the wake of this migrants crisis the West needs to look at itself and judge it's behaviour.

we are all selfish deep down, and when the looking Glass is held up to us,some of us can't handle what we see, some of us hate what we see and have to compensate.

Because let's face it, it's not compassion you liberals see when you look into those black pits you call eyes, it's guilt.

That all consuming famous white western privileged guilt, and the desperate urge to ease it that most of you liberal parasites can't do without yet hate so much.

Hows does that work anyway??

What's a slice of guilt free peace go for these days??

5 minutes for a tenner??

A week in exchange for an annual subscription to save the earth children donkey monkey charity society or some other money making scam?? I bet the pressure on you liberals to appear on the social scene as being great humanitarians is high indeed.

The guilt induced panic gripping Europe is certainly sky high, the highest since WWII don't you know??  

why i imagine its almost compulsory fashion these days to have some bauble, some accessory to prove how much you care?? Perhaps a Syrian baby to carry  around in your handbag like a Paris Hilton toy dog??

Perhaps not a Syrian for the fashion conscious, i hear Iraqi children are next months fashion, so the good news is you can be a really good Internet humanitarian and probably get a couple of Syrians for half the price if you wait till next month and keep your guilt at bay for that little bit longer

Or better yet Perhaps like ole Bobby boy you liberals  could offer up your house and heart for some immigrants??

Or if you're really very very rich, and very very very white and therefore very very very very guilty your HOUSES and a flat for a few families,though i daresay at the cheap price of only 4 families, bob will be back to feeling guilty in no time at all.

I suggest you take a 100 families in

after all its Europe - always open and never full, come on in bring your friends, like our guilt, we have no upper limit to our moral obligation to immigrants.

Best vet them though first eh, wouldn't want some child beheading , woman raping gay killing lunatic Jihadists living with you now would you.

Of course not that's Madness!! We don't want THOSE kind of immigrants

But of course you may have to be a little racist and xenophobic if you vet them, but only a little bit.............

On second thoughts best not run the risk of being called racist, after all statistically speaking you're more likely to be abducted by an alien pirate ship driven by Elvis than you are to be killed by a terrorist.

So realistically the chances are that the 100 families busy roasting a freshly halal slaughtered goat round a campfire in your lounge have nothing but good intentions and multicultural enrichment to offer you.

Back to top Go down

Lefties, liberals, guilt and murder  Empty Re: Lefties, liberals, guilt and murder

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 pm

oh yeah and guilt free euphoric bliss

alas for poor little aylan - "guess bob didn't choose me" will be his epitaph

If I was being nasty i might suggest that you liberals are addicted to your precious guilt, borne of human misery,some might say you liberals seem to thrive on it.

Like a mosquito bite you just can't help scratching

You're like junkies, living only for the next high that that only the false belief that you're being selfless and altruistic can give.
"Mmmmmmmm what a great humanitarian I am."

It explains the current crisis doesn't it?? Why without the aid of the Liberals and the lefties this crisis would never happened

come now don't play dumb,your coy pretense at innocence fails to convince.

we had almost 5 years of warning, almost 5 years to prepare, more than enough time to intervene and crush ISIS before they could be born or at the very least prepare to receive the human tide being displaced.

Because CRUSHING AND KILLING ISIS is what is needed not love and respect, not diplomatic waffling, that's what got us here in the first place.

Evil doesn't feed off evil, it feeds on love and compassion

Unfortunately the world’s liberal leaders are cowards and chose the road of appeasement, and delusional denial, the ritualistic chant "no war, no war" bleating from the corbynmaniacs encampment was enough to drown out the cries of those dead and dying under ISIS, but not enough to drown out the whisper of your own guilt apparently.

Ironic isn't it? in your desperate attempt to smother your own guilt you tried sparing the Syrians the horrors of war and ended up inflicting on them................ the horrors of war, oh yeah and you fucked up the Iraqis in the bargain

You murdered them with love and compassion.

oh well you tried, didnt you?? lay down your burden of guilt for a bit, not too long though, don't want to be known as slackers now do you??

It was leftwing liberal compassion and inaction not RW "colonial" intentions and war mongering that led to this

Unfortunately as the war dragged and your liberal inaction became pandemic, the window for a solution got smaller and smaller, and our options to mitigate this cluster fuck more restricted.

And so here we are, end of the road and out of all bar one of our options, the last and most useless of our options - the pathetic broken mewling of collective liberal guilt no longer able to hold back the truth that the displacement of millions was brought about by the pathetic broken mewlings of collective liberal guilt.

How your conscience must be twisting in on itself, luckily your conscience is up for sale - a tenner can buy 5 goats for 8 Ethiopian families, haven't you heard?? Best get your tenner in before the anti-racism-sexism-islamophobism-xenophobism-bigotism gang buy them all up.

too bad they don't invent edible money,the amount of cash you liberals throw at your guilt would have made poverty history ages ago

But we aren't really at the end of the road are we, it's more like back to square one, and back to the "should we bomb them shouldn't we bomb them" circle jerk

Of course we all know what the Liberals want to do,or rather what they don't want to do, their new messiah is already shrieking it out via megaphone "no war, know war"

But as you sit there reading this, your permanent shroud of guilt temporarily replaced with manufactured outrage

just remember that as a leftwing liberal you have caused this crisis

If you ever said let's not bomb ISIS, then you're guilty of allowing them to massacre all those innocent people

If you ever thought that the answer to this immigrant crisis is accepting more, then you're guilty of luring them to their deaths with lies. Little aylan?? Oh yeah his blood is firmly on your hands

And if we do decide to bomb ISIS, something we should have done years ago but couldn't because you leftwing liberals wouldn't support it?? Then just remember that all the deaths and human misery we have seen is not only in vain but doubly tragic due to the fact that it was entirely unnecessary and completely avoidable but for your interfering compassion

Christ no wonder you liberals are such bleeding hearts, but I understand, if I held the guilt of that much misery dead bodies my heart would be bleeding too and I also would do everything to keep the guilt at bay for just one moment of peace.

Back to top Go down

Lefties, liberals, guilt and murder  Empty Re: Lefties, liberals, guilt and murder

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:33 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:In the wake of this migrants crisis the West needs to look at itself and judge it's behaviour.

we are all selfish deep down, and when the looking Glass is held up to us,some of us can't handle what we see, some of us hate what we see and have to compensate.

Because let's face it, it's not compassion you liberals see when you look into those black pits you call eyes, it's guilt.

That all consuming famous white western privileged guilt, and the desperate urge to ease it that most of you liberal parasites can't do without yet hate so much.

5 minutes for a tenner??

A week in exchange for an annual subscription to save the earth children donkey monkey charity society or some other money making scam?? I bet the pressure on you liberals to appear on the social scene as being great humanitarians is high indeed.

The guilt induced panic gripping Europe is certainly sky high, the highest since WWII don't you know??  

why i imagine its almost compulsory fashion these days to have some bauble, some accessory to prove how much you care?? Perhaps a Syrian baby to carry  around in your handbag like a Paris Hilton toy dog??

Perhaps not a Syrian for the fashion conscious, i hear Iraqi children are next months fashion, so the good news is you can be a really good Internet humanitarian and probably get a couple of Syrians for half the price if you wait till next month and keep your guilt at bay for that little bit longer

Or better yet Perhaps like ole Bobby boy you liberals  could offer up your house and heart for some immigrants??

Or if you're really very very rich, and very very very white and therefore very very very very guilty your HOUSES and a flat for a few families,though i daresay at the cheap price of only 4 families, bob will be back to feeling guilty in no time at all.

after all its Europe - always open and never full, come on in bring your friends, like our guilt, we have no upper limit to our moral obligation to immigrants.

Best vet them though first eh, wouldn't want some child beheading , woman raping gay killing lunatic Jihadists living with you now would you.

But of course you may have to be a little racist and xenophobic if you vet them, but only a little bit.............

On second thoughts best not run the risk of being called racist, after all statistically speaking you're more likely to be abducted by an alien pirate ship driven by Elvis than you are to be killed by a terrorist.

So realistically the chances are that the 100 families busy roasting a freshly halal slaughtered goat round a campfire in your lounge have nothing but good intentions and multicultural enrichment to offer you.

Did you write that? All your own words? Very good if so. Not that I'm saying I agree with it all, but I have to be honest and say I like the style you wrote it in more than anything. Humorous in places too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:35 pm

You type an awful lot of crap to convince yourself of your own ramblings. Still, good for you. At least you can write coherent and lengthy texts, which are at least interesting on some level. Unlike your demented brother and sisters in arms on this forum Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:46 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:In the wake of this migrants crisis the West needs to look at itself and judge it's behaviour.

5 minutes for a tenner??

Bravo a bloody true and brilliant post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Christie wrote:

5 minutes for a tenner??

Did you write that? All your own words? Very good if so. Not that I'm saying I agree with it all, but I have to be honest and say I like the style you wrote it in more than anything. Humorous in places too.

Don't agree with it all

By logical deduction that means you agree with at least some of It (which parts?)

You appear to possess the ability to think for yourself, a rare quality round these parts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Eilzel wrote:You type an awful lot of crap to convince yourself of your own ramblings. Still, good for you. At least you can write coherent and lengthy texts, which are at least interesting on some level. Unlike your demented brother and sisters in arms on this forum Wink

Dear elizel

All I do is hold the looking Glass , the rest belongs to you, if you don't like what you see, change the reflection don't break the mirror

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:07 pm

lol did Dutchman go to all that trouble?

I think the only thing that needs changing is a complete personality check for you Dutchman.

Seriously did have a good chuckle at his post

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:09 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:You type an awful lot of crap to convince yourself of your own ramblings. Still, good for you. At least you can write coherent and lengthy texts, which are at least interesting on some level. Unlike your demented brother and sisters in arms on this forum Wink

Dear elizel

All I do is hold the looking Glass , the rest belongs to you, if you don't like what you see, change the reflection don't break the mirror

excellent excellent

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Careful HF, there's another Bible thumping nut catching madame's eyes Razz
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Eilzel wrote:Careful HF, there's another Bible thumping nut catching madame's eyes Razz

She does seem quite taken...

lol!

Must be the accent

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:Careful HF, there's another Bible thumping nut catching madame's eyes Razz

ha ha i only have eyes for my man les never wondered in over 30 of marriage Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

ha ha i only have eyes for my man les never wondered in over 30 of marriage Razz

Sadly that does happen after years of brainwashing, but for a moment I did hold out some hope

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

Sadly that does happen after years of brainwashing, but for a moment I did hold out some hope

Razz

nothing sad about being in love and faithful , you have a strange outlook on life didgy Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Razz

nothing sad about  being in love and faithful , you have a strange outlook on life didgy Laughing

On your part after years of brainwashing I have no doubt Dibs

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:25 pm

brainwashing didge ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:25 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:brainwashing didge ?

Yes Dibs brainwashing/

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:27 pm

you need to be more specific about what you mean brainwashing makes no sense .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:you need to be more specific about what you mean brainwashing makes no sense .

Sorry I am still in shock at your husbands admission of aldutery on the other thread Dibs

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:you need to be more specific about what you mean brainwashing makes no sense .

Sorry I am still in shock at your husbands admission of aldutery on the other thread Dibs

Shocked

lol the little story you wrote and we found hilarious ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:31 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Shocked

lol the little story you wrote and we found hilarious ?

Well its quite a shocker, but at least you have forgiven his infidelities it seems

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:32 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Christie wrote:

Don't agree with it all

By logical deduction that means you agree with at least some of It (which parts?)

You appear to possess the ability to think for yourself,  a rare quality round these parts

Ok there's not many, but these are the parts I am in agreement with you.

''A week in exchange for an annual subscription to save the earth children donkey monkey charity society or some other money making scam?? I bet the pressure on you liberals to appear on the social scene as being great humanitarians is high indeed. ''

''why i imagine its almost compulsory fashion these days to have some bauble, some accessory to prove how much you care?? Perhaps a Syrian baby to carry  around in your handbag like a Paris Hilton toy dog?? ''

''But of course you may have to be a little racist and xenophobic if you vet them, but only a little bit.............''

And this part me me chuckle, having envisaged it in my mind lol

''So realistically the chances are that the 100 families busy roasting a freshly halal slaughtered goat round a campfire in your lounge have nothing but good intentions and multicultural enrichment to offer you.''

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Noce to see you've taken me off ignore VOD. Though if I'm not back on ignore within a week I'll worry I'm doung something wrong lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Eilzel wrote:Noce to see you've taken me off ignore VOD. Though if I'm not back on ignore within a week I'll worry I'm doung something wrong lol

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:39 pm

5 minutes for a tenner??

On this post, you make a single point, and the rest is what the RW is famous for: jingoism and rep-ar-tee.  Quips that are ¼” deep, and even less profound.  You toss about some 10 -20 different ways to cast your topic, but you could have said it all in your third paragraph: “It's not compassion you liberals see when you look into those black pits you call eyes, it's guilt.”

But first, you preceded that sentence with another interesting admission: “we are all selfish deep down.”  So, at least for the RW you are admitting your own basic ideology.

I applaud this post, not for the diatribe about guilt, but for the candid admission about RW selfishness.  True you said that we are all selfish, but that is the same old rhetorical trick of bilateralism…you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar, and now you are saying: ‘he did it too.’

No, we are not all selfish.  There is a fundamental difference between liberals and conservatives: liberals work for the common interest, while conservatives work for selfish and special interests.

This is a troublesome admission for you, so you choose to attack the other side, hoping to transform their central theme into something equally troubling: Guilt.  You seem to admit the compassion of liberals, tacitly, as guilt is not as ugly and nefarious a motive as blatant greediness. Let’s take a look at the whole thesis.

Viewed in its best light, RWers view politics as a script, following the thesis of Adam Smith: if everyone pursues their selfish interests, everything will balance out.  True, people need policing so that no unfair advantage is taken—that is what police and the military are for—but in the main you leave them alone to pursue their own selfishness and they world will equalize.  

Liberals don’t even bother with a script.  They are down-to-earth problem solvers.  Conservatives keep looking for a script for liberals, and that’s where they come up with theories like guilt or welfare cheating or just womanish weakness.  But liberals don’t have a script.  Conservatives search because they realize that having a theory…having an ideology means they must prove it’s validity.  That’s extra baggage.  They want something equivalent in order to balance the debate.  They end up with nothing.

Liberals are not just another brand, but a whole different product.  Liberals view politics as the power to distribute justice.  Justice is not a theory, like it is for conservatives.  It is problem solving: Child labor laws.  Health codes.  Safety codes for the workplace.  Farm bills.  Sanitation codes.  Clean water acts.  Medical and legal licensing.  Liberal programs are all of the myriad things that government does to assure that the people’s interests and safety are served.  True, the solutions may be complex and may not always work.  But never question the motive of liberals.

Your theory of guilt is just another contrivance by a conservative to attribute an oblique motive to the liberal cause.  All, so that the conservatives can have a quick reply to the discomfort they feel when they are challenged about their own motives.  There is no need.  Liberals are not conservatives, nor are they like conservatives.  They are just trying to do a job, not vindicate a script.

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Sorry to be a bore but if it isn't a news article I'll,have to move it to miscellany
If it is an article, id like a link please smelly
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:52 pm

I do think he grounded the post in the news sufficiently, by reference to the refugee issue going on in Europe. Certainly it is an appropriate news topic, given the events there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Exquisite response Quill, and spot on, I had never really thought about it that way before but it makes everybit of sense! You have a lot more patience with smelly than I do Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Eilzel wrote:Exquisite response Quill, and spot on, I had never really thought about it that way before but it makes everybit of sense! You have a lot more patience with smelly than I do Smile

Patience wears off after a while Les!

We can only take so much lol

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:59 pm

That's my reasoning too Sexy lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:00 pm

Smelly, I like it.

I think a lot of it is true - which is why (due to a post of Zack's,) I started the "white guilt" thread.

There are definitely some apologists around, cringeworthily so. I see it and hear it all the time.

I don't agree with you all the time but you do make me think and I like that.

And you're easy to read, which is refreshing!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Eds, definitely give Quill's post a read, a more than worthy retort Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Eilzel wrote:Eds, definitely give Quill's post a read, a more than worthy retort Smile
Yeah was excellent, am anticipating how the Dutchman will reply

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:05 pm

Eilzel wrote:Eds, definitely give Quill's post a read, a more than worthy retort Smile

Okay first things first: yes we are all selfish, yes we are, so quill is absolutely wrong in the very first instance.
Which makes the rest of his post tosh, quite frankly

There are so so many apologists and people who bend over, so far backwards, they're almost racist against whites.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:08 pm

eddie wrote:

Okay first things first: yes we are all selfish, yes we are, so quill is absolutely wrong in the very first instance.
Which makes the rest of his post tosh, quite frankly

There are so so many apologists and people who bend over, so far backwards, they're almost racist against whites.

That depends how you define selfish.
Selish towards yourself or others?
Do you place greater needs for others than yourself?
There is many forms of selfishness

What Quill speaks of is the selfishness smelly has which is for himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:14 pm

To be honest Eds I think you have a bias of your own (we all do of course but I sometimes feel you think you are somehow less so). Of course we are all a little bit selfish, but SB asserts a lot which is obviously based on his (and those who share his view) own outlook.

Because smelly and perhaps yourself have these feelings of tribal interest in a stronger way than say me or Quill, you cannot possibly bring yourself to think we seriously have the greater ability to seriously consider social justice and shared commn interests (of humanity) over tribal instincts- not without presuming we are somehow guilty.

I tell you now I feel no guilt for my ancestors or my governments. I simply care. And recognize the role we played and continue to play in the world and our subsequent responsibilities as a wealthy, involved nation. But because you see the world differently you think me (or others like me) are anti-white/British etc- which if you actually thought about it pretty ridiculous.

Your bias stops you believing Quill, didge and myself can 'really' think the way we do. We may be selfish at times, all are, but unlike some (ie: SB) that does not mean we aren't more strongly inclined to care about humanity in a broader sense.

You say you have an open mind Eds, yet on this it seems awfully closed.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm in agreement with Eddie. Smelly Bandits style of writing is very easy to read. In a long ramble like his, I normally only read the first paragraph or so, then bored. But his style gripped me from the start and interested me enough to want to read to the very end. When I compare it to Quills post, no offence to Quill, but his was too posh for me to read on, if that makes sense? I prefer plain speaking. Yes I am aware that makes me sound a thicko lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Christie wrote:I'm in agreement with Eddie. Smelly Bandits style of writing is very easy to read. In a long ramble like his, I normally only read the first paragraph or so, then bored. But his style gripped me from the start and interested me enough to want to read to the very end. When I compare it to Quills post, no offence to Quill, but his was too posh for me to read on, if that makes sense? I prefer plain speaking. Yes I am aware that makes me sound a thicko lol

Simple is easy on the eye, but it is context that matters and when you look at the context of each poster you can see where smelly fails to grasp how humanity has come leaps and bounds. Smelly is resentful. bitter no doubt from life experinces so this is his world view how he then views others/ Its easier to connect with simple ideas, but tthe challenge is those that find real meaning through context

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:27 pm

eddie wrote:Sorry to be a bore but if it isn't a news article I'll,have to move it to miscellany

what do i need a bloody link for??

no other bastard around here validates the shit they come up with.

but since you insist on a link

www.smelly-banditisabrilliantposter.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:29 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:Sorry to be a bore but if it isn't a news article I'll,have to move it to miscellany

what do i need a bloody link for??

no other bastard around here validates the shit they come up with.

but since you insist on a link

www.smelly-banditisabrilliantposter.co.uk  

Fuuny with a sense of humour

But should not the website be

www.smelly-banditisabrilliantboaster.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:

5 minutes for a tenner??

On this post, you make a single point, and the rest is what the RW is famous for: jingoism and rep-ar-tee.  Quips that are ¼” deep, and even less profound.  You toss about some 10 -20 different ways to cast your topic, but you could have said it all in your third paragraph: “It's not compassion you liberals see when you look into those black pits you call eyes, it's guilt.”

But first, you preceded that sentence with another interesting admission: “we are all selfish deep down.”  So, at least for the RW you are admitting your own basic ideology.

I applaud this post, not for the diatribe about guilt, but for the candid admission about RW selfishness.  True you said that we are all selfish, but that is the same old rhetorical trick of bilateralism…you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar, and now you are saying: ‘he did it too.’

No, we are not all selfish.  There is a fundamental difference between liberals and conservatives: liberals work for the common interest, while conservatives work for selfish and special interests.  

This is a troublesome admission for you, so you choose to attack the other side, hoping to transform their central theme into something equally troubling: Guilt.  You seem to admit the compassion of liberals, tacitly, as guilt is not as ugly and nefarious a motive as blatant greediness.  Let’s take a look at the whole thesis.

Viewed in its best light, RWers view politics as a script, following the thesis of Adam Smith: if everyone pursues their selfish interests, everything will balance out.  True, people need policing so that no unfair advantage is taken—that is what police and the military are for—but in the main you leave them alone to pursue their own selfishness and they world will equalize.  

Liberals don’t even bother with a script.  They are down-to-earth problem solvers.  Conservatives keep looking for a script for liberals, and that’s where they come up with theories like guilt or welfare cheating or just womanish weakness.  But liberals don’t have a script.  Conservatives search because they realize that having a theory…having an ideology means they must prove it’s validity.  That’s extra baggage.  They want something equivalent in order to balance the debate.  They end up with nothing.

Liberals are not just another brand, but a whole different product.  Liberals view politics as the power to distribute justice.  Justice is not a theory, like it is for conservatives.  It is problem solving: Child labor laws.  Health codes.  Safety codes for the workplace.  Farm bills.  Sanitation codes.  Clean water acts.  Medical and legal licensing.  Liberal programs are all of the myriad things that government does to assure that the people’s interests and safety are served.  True, the solutions may be complex and may not always work.  But never question the motive of liberals.

Your theory of guilt is just another contrivance by a conservative to attribute an oblique motive to the liberal cause.  All, so that the conservatives can have a quick reply to the discomfort they feel when they are challenged about their own motives.  There is no need.  Liberals are not conservatives, nor are they like conservatives.  They are just trying to do a job, not vindicate a script.

what the shit are you talking about??

did you even read the post??

no

obviously not,either that or you missed the point i was so obviously making quill.

ever stop to wonder why it is that you miss the point whereas everyone else who upi obviously consider of inferoir intellect, gets the point??

yeah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:36 pm

lol that was a copout reply Dutchman

Sorry you have to do better than that, Quill has just owned you.

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Christie wrote:I'm in agreement with Eddie. Smelly Bandits style of writing is very easy to read. In a long ramble like his, I normally only read the first paragraph or so, then bored. But his style gripped me from the start and interested me enough to want to read to the very end. When I compare it to Quills post, no offence to Quill, but his was too posh for me to read on, if that makes sense? I prefer plain speaking. Yes I am aware that makes me sound a thicko lol

Simple is easy on the eye, but it is context that matters and when you look at the context of each poster you can see where smelly fails to grasp how humanity has come leaps and bounds. Smelly is resentful. bitter no doubt from life experinces so this is his world view how he then views others/ Its easier to connect with simple ideas, but tthe challenge is those that find real meaning through context

Agree that it is the context that should matter. But if it is wrote in a style that doesn't grip my attention and bores me, then the context is lost on me I'm afraid. The poster Victor is another who says it as it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Christie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Agree that it is the context that should matter. But if it is wrote in a style that doesn't grip my attention and bores me, then the context is lost on me I'm afraid. The poster Victor is another who says it as it is.

That is because Victor is the best at simplifying context and does it with great wit, which is a winning combination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 pm

eddie wrote:Smelly, I like it.

I think a lot of it is true - which is why (due to a post of Zack's,) I started the "white guilt" thread.

There are definitely some apologists around, cringeworthily so. I see it and hear it all the time.

I don't agree with you all the time but you do make me think and I like that.

And you're easy to read, which is refreshing!

huh!!!!!

just you wait eddie just you wait, till you see what ive got cooking

i have a few beginnings for another of my infamous "smelly bandit connundrums" rattling around in my head.

remember the last one??

shit!!!!!!!!! folk were literally crapping in their hands and rubbng in in their faces to avoid answering

good times

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Like I said he is great at boasting lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:40 pm

To be fair smelly is an 'easier read' than Quill. Same as the Daily Star is an easier read than the Telegraph :-)

Smelly, if you can't understand Quill's post then you are probably not capable of a decent response anyway.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:40 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

This is a troublesome admission for you, so you choose to attack the other side, hoping to transform their central theme into something equally troubling: Guilt.  You seem to admit the compassion of liberals, tacitly, as guilt is not as ugly and nefarious a motive as blatant greediness.  Let’s take a look at the whole thesis.

what the shit are you talking about??

did you even read the post??

no

obviously not,either that or you missed the point i was so obviously making quill.

ever stop to wonder why it is that you miss the point whereas everyone else who upi obviously consider of inferoir intellect, gets the point??

yeah

If I hadn't read the post how was I able to quote you so effectively?

True, most of what you wrote was the metaphorical nonsense of the RW, but you did raise one concept: guilt. And you made that admission about selfishness.

I responded. You should be pleased I didn't dismiss you out of hand. But, obviously I lost you somewhere. When you start talking abstractions, you can't go to sleep.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:45 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Christie wrote:

That is because Victor is the best at simplifying context and does it with great wit, which is a winning combination.

But on saying that, I have to admit that Quill did make a couple of outstanding posts on another thread the other day, that really stood out to me and was head and shoulders above everyone else. And I'm not just saying that because he has just suddenly appeared on this thread again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:45 pm

Have to say, although I have runs-ins with both, I'm quite enjoying Smelly/Quill.  Smelly has changed his style completely, trying to appear human and Quill sticks to his 'I'm learned and I'm going to talk as if I'm learned'.  The juxtaposition of styles is quite intriguing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next