NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Empty How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this article, John McCauley uses his experience as an Architect and Construction Manager to critically analyse the construction scheme for building the Khufu pyramid and the popular theory of the use of an internal ramp.

There has been an innumerable quantity of books written about the construction of the pyramids at Giza, Egypt. So too have there been any number of different theories on how the construction of these pyramids was accomplished, with each new or expanded theory accompanied by a description stating that it was the “definitive” solution, or “the puzzle finally solved”, etc. Of late, a few authors have focused on the “internal ramp solution” as being the most plausible explanation on how the ancient Egyptians built the Great Pyramid. Indeed, some Archaeologists have also acclaimed this “internal ramp solution” as a creative explanation for this ages-old construction mystery. Most Archaeologists, however, lack the technical training or understanding of the nature of structural forces to make a qualified endorsement of this proposed solution. Let me first state that this “internal ramp solution” represents a complete lack of understanding on how gravity affects structures and why this theory bears no serious thought in the academic world. Before I get into an analysis of why “internal ramps” do not work, let me state very clearly that I honestly do not know exactly how the Great Pyramid was actually built, but I think there are clues that may lead to a reasonable explanation in the future.
Let me first outline some of the facts that we do know about the Great Pyramid of Giza:

• This pyramid appears to be the final evolution of pyramid building that evolved from the mud brick mastabas which were supposedly the resting place of important dignitaries.
  • The Great Pyramid has only one cartouche above the King’s chamber that purports to indicate that it is the burial chamber of Khufu (Cheops).
  • This pyramid was covered with smooth white casing stones that partially collapsed after a severe earthquake and were later used as a “quarry” to construct some buildings in Cairo, notably the Mosque and Madrassa of Sultan Hassan (completed in 1359). Some of these stones contained hieroglyphics. The Greek historian Herodotus claims to have seen the Great Pyramid before the casing stones were removed.
  • If some of the casing stones did contain hieroglyphics and if these stones were scattered around Lower Egypt, finding them and deciphering them could lead to some further understanding as to the construction of the pyramid.

http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/McCauleyJ1.php

Back to top Go down

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Empty Re: How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:44 am

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:1) Do they kn ow how many people it took to build the pyramid?

No.
They can only attempt to estimate based off not really knowing how the pyramid was built.

2) Nobody is disputing the tools used and how limestone or granite was carved. Well some granite which I will come back to  Another mystery. This though does not explain how the pyramid was built.

3) Your link provides nothing to explain how they accomplished building and the methods they used to erect and plan such an enteprise. I mean how do you move into place slabs of granite weighing 60 tons, which would need countless men to pull not only up a ramp but into place. How was this achieved in such limited space and waith a ramp. See also link about the ramp.

4) It offers no explanation how they were able to allign so accurtately to true north with out any digital or electrical equipment.

The sun rises and sets in equal but opposite angles to true north. Using a plumb line, a pole would have been set as vertically as possible. Then, about three hours before noon, its shadow would be measured. This length then becomes the radius of a circle. As the sun rises higher, the shadow shrinks back from the line and then becomes longer in the afternoon. When it reaches the circle again it forms an angle with the morning's line. The bisection of the angle is true north. However, this method would be less accurate than the stellar method, but could be fairly accurate during the solstices
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/pyramidorientation.htm

Also True north is marked in the skies by the north celestial pole. its not rocket science and the Egyptian astronomy begins in prehistoric times

5) It offers no explanation how the builders could understand what design and construction would hold up the Kings chambre from the massive pressure above of stones.

actually that`s wrong
the collapsed pyramid gives lots of information about what happens with the lack of a relief chamber ,and if you have ever seen the inside of the great pyramids relief chamber its no engineering master piece
its purpose was to distribute the above weight through the supporting walls ,a concept developed over time and not a great leap in understanding

6) No we do not know how it was built because it is still being argued to this day how it was done, where people come up with new ideas all the time. All they can do is speculate based off the tools they had for the time and make a best guess.

and that`s all this is speculation based on best evidence

7) Read the full link from an  Architect and Construction Manager who knows far more how to build than your Egyptologist you presented in your article.

We are thus back to my examples of mysteries:

In 2011–2012 AERA began a comprehensive resurvey of the base of the Great Pyramid, the Sphinx, and someof the other great monuments of Giza. We excavated our own archives as well, and with that data AERAassociate Glen Dash attempted to answer some of the fundamental questions that scholars have puzzled over for more than a century: What are the exact dimensions of the base of the Great Pyramid? How well isit oriented to true north?* In this issue, he addresses another question scholars have debated: how did theancient Egyptians manage to orient their pyramids so accurately to true north?

http://www.academia.edu/4035001/How_the_Pyramid_Builders_May_Have_Found_Their_True_North

Point 1? Sorry Korben but not only does that fail to factor in the topography of the area and how it was leveled out so accurtely but you still have the element of human error on the pole itself as there would be nothing to measure this accuratelly upright with the topography of the area correctly vertical. They are just suggestions how they might have been able to achieve, filing to factor in how extremely difficult this would have been. Again this is a case of claiming it was simple, where again even in my link they conclude they are still unsure with the four best known methods. So you claim they did this by the stars, where they would have to also map this out accurately on the ground, again wrought with difficulty with the topography.

Point 2) Completely disagree, just because something has collapsed on a precious one, does not men they have worked out the mathematics and engineering to solve this. Yes I have been there many times and it is far from simple especially due to the weight and again of the placement of the stones. I would love to see you replicate how they did this moving 50 tonne granite beams into place. This is even more complicated with the amount of people needed to pull this in the confined area to place this accurately.

Back to top Go down

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Empty Re: How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:44 am

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Point 1? Sorry Korben but not only does that fail to factor in the topography of the area and how it was leveled out so accurtely but you still have the element of human error on the pole itself as there would be nothing to measure this accuratelly upright with the topography of the area correctly vertical. They are just suggestions how they might have been able to achieve, filing to factor in how extremely difficult this would have been. Again this is a case of claiming it was simple, where again even in my link they conclude they are still unsure with the four best known methods. So you claim they did this by the stars, where they would have to also map this out accurately on the ground, again wrought with difficulty with the topography.

Eh? topography has Nothing to do with it ,and your seriously suggesting the Egyptians who had been studying the cosmos since prehistoric times couldn't A line a pole vertically ? Christ dude!!! all need is a bowl of water    
And true north is indicated by the pole star way way above the topology and transposing the poles star position and direction on the ground is very easy to do ,then you lay the first corner stone correctly orientated and use that as a datum point all the rest just follows from that  

Point 2) Completely disagree, just because something has collapsed on a precious one, does not men they have worked out the mathematics and engineering to solve this. Yes I have been there many times and it is far from simple especially due to the weight and again of the placement of the stones. I would love to see you replicate how they did this moving 50 tonne granite beams into place. This is even more complicated with the amount of people needed to pull this in the confined area to place this accurately.
mathematics ? why would they work out the mathematics guess you have never worked in the building trade or you lack a engineering imagination

Engineering (from Latin ingenium, meaning "cleverness" and ingeniare, meaning "to contrive, devise")

Trust me as a engineer  mathematics has little to do with practical experience ,weight distribution is not a magical mathematical knowledge ,but maths can quantify it
weight distribution is a observable demonstrable affect and something people have done every day, since people learned to walk no mystery
how they moved the blocks is the only legitimate mystery as far as i am concerned
the rest the rest is just "new age" wishful thinking

Last edited by korban dallas on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:50 am

korban dallas wrote:
Eh? topography has Nothing to do with it ,and your seriously suggesting the Egyptians who had been studying the cosmos since prehistoric times couldn't A line a pole vertically ? Christ dude!!! all need is a bowl of water    
And true north is indicated by the pole star way way above the topology and transposing the poles star position and direction on the ground is very easy to do ,then you lay the first corner stone correctly orientated and use that as a datum point all the rest just follows from that  

Engineering (from Latin ingenium, meaning "cleverness" and ingeniare, meaning "to contrive, devise")

Trust me as a engineer  mathematics has little to do with practical experience ,weight distribution is not a magical mathematical knowledge ,but maths can quantify it
weight distribution is a observable demonstrable affect and something people have done every day, since people learned to walk no mystery

Again wrong, you clearly have not looked into the topography of the area, let alone how even a small error on the pole being upright can mean failure in alignment and are at best giving poor reasoning to the difficulties. I am stating to you how you go out and try and replicate the same using what you claim to to be the methods using similar geography. Great the Star shows the way, replicate this onto the ground accurately using again the methods back then and you allow for again much error in every factor. You are making weak second best guesses to how this was done.
So you offer no reasoning again how they managed to move 50 tonne blocks with limited space.
Yes people claim many things on the web and as seen they do not add when brought into question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:54 am

The dimensions of the pyramids are extremely accurate and the site was leveled to within a fraction of an inch over the entire base. This is comparable to the accuracy possible with modern construction/surveying methods and laser leveling.

“Beneath the now-removed outer layer, the Pyramid’s construction consists of approximately 2,500,000 dressed stones, mostly yellow limestone, but with harder granite for certain interior features. The total mass of the Great Pyramid is estimated at around 90 million cubic feet, which would weigh between 6-7 million tons. To put this into proper perspective, the highest cathedral nave in Europe would fit three times into its height, and its mass exceeds that of all the cathedrals, churches and chapels built in England since the beginning of Christianity! The Great Pyramid is often cited as the largest building on Earth, with twice the volume and thirty times The mass of New York’s famous Empire State Building. The Pyramid rests on an artificially leveled platform, which is less than 22 inches thick, yet is still almost perfectly level, with errors of less than an inch across its entire area, despite supporting such an enormous weight for thousands of years. The base of the Pyramid is set out perfectly square - no mean feat of engineering in itself.” -Alan F. Alford.

Our first example of twentieth century engineering in the Giza pyramids is the six sided limestone casing blocks, which were polished and precision, carved to fit perfectly with each other and the core stones, with joints measuring less than one fiftieth of an inch. As if this was not incredible enough, all of these stones were found to be joined together with an extremely fine but strong cement, which had been applied evenly on semi-vertical faces across a surface expanse covering 21 acres on the Great pyramid alone! … The second example is the internal passages of the Great Pyramid. These passages have been measured countless times and found to be perfectly straight, with a deviation, in the case of the Descending Passage, of less than one fiftieth of an inch along its masonry part. Over a length of 150 feet that is incredible. If one includes the further 200 feet of passage bored through the solid rock, the error is less than one quarter of an inch. Now this is engineering of the highest precision, comparable with twentieth century technology.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Again wrong, you clearly have not looked into the topography of the area, let alone how even a small error on the pole being upright can mean failure in alignment and are t best giving poor reasoning to the difficulties. I am stating to you ho you go out and try and replicate the same using what you claim to to be the methods using similar geography. Great the Str shows the way, replicate this onto the ground accurately using again the methods back then and you allow for again much error in every factor. You are making weak second best guesses to how this was done.
So you offer no reasoning again how they managed to move 50 tonne blocks with limited space.
Yes people claim many things on the web and as seen they do not add when brought into question.
Dude i can navigate at sea or land with or with out the stars ,topology is a reference when you use a map ,topology is  fixed landmarks ,you look out over the sea you have a clear horizon due north from Egypt from deserts you have a clear horizon from what ever is the highest point in your landscape
i can and have on may occasions erected a vertical pole   the main one that had to be super accurate was for my motorised satellite dish not only did that pole have to be perfectly vertical the dish has to point to directly south i used no electronic equipment  just two spirit levels  its not difficult by any means and the amount of CB antenna i have put on pole then there's my weather station on a pole perfectly vertical

Last edited by korban dallas on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:06 pm

topography
təˈpɒɡrəfi/
noun
noun: topography

the arrangement of the natural and artificial physical features of an area.
"the topography of the island"

you sir obviously couldn't navigate your self out of a paper bag
topography has nothing to do with finding true north

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:13 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Again wrong, you clearly have not looked into the topography of the area, let alone how even a small error on the pole being upright can mean failure in alignment and are t best giving poor reasoning to the difficulties. I am stating to you ho you go out and try and replicate the same using what you claim to to be the methods using similar geography. Great the Str shows the way, replicate this onto the ground accurately using again the methods back then and you allow for again much error in every factor. You are making weak second best guesses to how this was done.
Dude i can navigate at sea or land with or with out the stars ,topology is a reference when you use a map ,topology is  fixed landmarks ,you look out over the sea you have a clear horizon due north from Egypt from deserts you have a clear horizon from what ever is the highest point in your landscape
i can and have on may occasions erected a vertical pole   the main one that had to be super accurate was for my motorised satellite dish not only did that pole have to be perfectly vertical the dish has to point to directly south i used no electronic equipment  just two spirit levels  its not difficult by any means and the amount of CB antenna i have put on pole then there's my weather station on a pole

Great you can navigate, now can yous now map that out accurately on the ground that the precision makes the building of such size accurately, all of which you are ignoring. More claims to accuracy of what you have done which is nothing like the accuracy of the Great Pyramid in alignment and within the passageways themselves. Again my view is e have lost the methods and engineering abilities they used back then and come up with a best second guesses to claim how they achieved such accuracy. So what you managed to pull off is in no way comparable to the Great Pyramid itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:15 pm

korban dallas wrote:topography
təˈpɒɡrəfi/
noun

This is not about navigation, in how you map out accurately such vast building.
DOH
I certainly understand how it means and it shows why you are are clearly not that bright, especially in regards to how they leveled out the area to build the pyramid to such accuracy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:18 pm

“In the first and second pyramids at Giza there are granite portcullises in the lower passages which still baffle experts today. Firstly their complex designs suggest a use much more advanced than deterring robbers (the Egyptologist explanation). It would take about 50 men to lift the portcullis slabs into place, yet the narrow corridors they’re positioned into could have only been occupied by a few men at a time.” -W.M. Flinders Petrie, “The Pyramids and Temples at Gizeh,”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:28 pm

The pyramids also encode high mathematics supposedly unknown to the simple ancient Egyptians. To begin with the pyramids are located precisely on the 30th degree latitude and aligned to within 3 arc minutes of true north. These are beyond coincidence so it can be assumed that they could very accurately measure both latitude and longitude. The ratio of the great pyramid’s height to its base perimeter is exactly Pi (3.14). The “Kings Chamber” and other rooms are perfect “golden rectangles” expressing the mystical number Phi 1.618. The ratio between successive numbers in the Fibonacci sequence increasingly approach Phi as you go on from 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34… the resulting graph is known as the fractal “golden spiral” and looks like a conch shell. Establishment Egyptologists say these mathematical considerations are all coincidence maintaining that ancient Egyptians didn’t possess these concepts. But the reality is, the ancient Egyptians did possess higher math and they purposely encoded it into their construction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:topography
təˈpɒɡrəfi/
noun

This is not about navigation, in how you map out accurately such  vast building.
DOH
I certainly understand how it means and it shows why you are are clearly not that bright, especially in regards to how they leveled out the area to build the pyramid to such accuracy.
No it was about finding true north to base this building plan on ,and because you have been bested you now result to insults ,what is painfully obvious is you the dummy hear ,obviously your painfully obvious lack of engineering and navigation skills are at fault
you seem to think making things level is some great mystical knowledge when its not, its nether complicated or particulate difficult  
finding true north for a civilisation that has studied the cosmos since prehistoric timeseven the  the bloody Incas made a calender for Christ sake super accurate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:38 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

This is not about navigation, in how you map out accurately such  vast building.
DOH
No it was about finding true north to base this building plan on ,and because you have been bested you now result to insults ,what is painfully obvious is you the dummy hear ,obviously your painfully obvious lack of engineering and navigation skills are at fault
you seem to think making things level is some great mystical knowledge when its not, its nether complicated or particulate difficult  
finding true north for a civilisation that has studied the cosmos since prehistoric timeseven the  the bloody Incas made a calender for Christ sake super accurate

You started the insults with not being able to navigate my way out etc, so do pipe down little boy.
Nobody is denying you could find true north, it is about being able to replicate the accuracy on the ground to the affect of building such a building to the levels we see in the Great pyramid. You think it is easy based off just finding true north and running a line between two poles, where again you leave room for much error.
So you want to start being a rude ignorant twat with infantile abuse, fine by me.
Again I suggest you move on from finding true north because it is about mapping this accurately on the ground to not only build the pyramid but also the passageways themselves. So I suggest you move on and actually answer the points like  good little boy all of which you have missed many already throughout. Even ll the experts cannot say for sure how they mapped this out so accurately and you claim it is easy, showing you have not the first clue what you are talking about

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
i can and have on may occasions erected a vertical pole   the main one that had to be super accurate was for my motorised satellite dish not only did that pole have to be perfectly vertical the dish has to point to directly south i used no electronic equipment  just two spirit levels  its not difficult by any means and the amount of CB antenna i have put on pole then there's my weather station on a pole

Great you can navigate, now can yous now map that out accurately on the ground that the precision makes the building of such size accurately, (Errr YES all easily why you have difficulty with that concept is beyond me) of which you are ignoring.(no i answered it please re read ) More claims to accuracy of what you have done which is nothing like the accuracy of the Great Pyramid in alignment and within the passageways themselves. (Who mentioned passageways ?? you didn`t....oh my mistake your trying to deflect )) Again my view is e have lost the methods and engineering abilities ( i don't disagree )tthey used back then and come up with a best second guesses to claim how they achieved such accuracy. So what you managed to pull off is in no way comparable to the Great Pyramid itself.
you keep mixing your arguments ,this started about finding true north with the use of a pole you claimed it was imposable for them to make it perfectly vertical i have proved that to be incorrect you then challenged me to do the same thing and i had anyway so that blows that argument out of the water

so as i said once true north is established you put down your first block and use that as a datum line ,use string just like a builder does to stretch a line to follow to the next point so an an so forth

And please don`t insult my intelligent again i have been perfectly civil to you unfortunately your knowledge on this subject seem confined to copy and pastes and although my contributions may at times be badly spelt and grammatically poor it is my own words and knowledge of the subject
not some poorly understood excepts from pages hastily looked up on the internet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:57 pm

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

You started the insults with not being able to navigate my way out etc, so do pipe down little boy.
Nobody is denying you could find true north, it is about being able to replicate the accuracy on the ground to the affect of building such a building to the levels we see in the Great pyramid. You think it is easy based off just finding true north and running a line between two poles, where again you leave room for much error.
So you want to start being a rude ignorant twat with infantile abuse, fine by me.
Again I suggest you move on from finding true north because it is about mapping this accurately on the ground to not only build the pyramid but also the passageways themselves. So I suggest you move on and actually answer the points like  good little boy all of which you have missed many already throughout. Even ll the experts cannot say for sure how they mapped this out so accurately and you claim it is easy, showing you have not the first clue what you are talking about

Good luck
that wasnt a insult you idiot given what you are saying its a fair and comical observation not a insult about my intelligence like you descend in to  and that's your problem dude when you fail in a discussion you resort to personal attacks
well i dont need that thank
discussion closed

Last edited by korban dallas on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:59 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Great you can navigate, now can yous now map that out accurately on the ground that the precision makes the building of such size accurately, (Errr YES all easily why you have difficulty with that concept is beyond me) of which you are ignoring.(no i answered it please re read ) More claims to accuracy of what you have done which is nothing like the accuracy of the Great Pyramid in alignment and within the passageways themselves. (Who mentioned passageways ?? you didn`t....oh my mistake your trying to deflect )) Again my view is e have lost the methods and engineering abilities ( i don't disagree )tthey used back then and come up with a best second guesses to claim how they achieved such accuracy. So what you managed to pull off is in no way comparable to the Great Pyramid itself.
you keep mixing your arguments ,this started about finding true north with the use of a pole you claimed it was imposable for them to make it perfectly vertical i have proved that to be incorrect you then challenged me to do the same thing and i had anyway so that blows that argument out of the water

so as i said once true north is established you put down your first block and use that as a datum line ,use string just like a builder does to stretch a line to follow to the next point so an an so forth

And please don`t insult my intelligent again i have been perfectly civil to you unfortunately your knowledge on this subject seem confined to copy and pastes  and although my contributions  may at times be badly spelt and grammatically poor it is my own words and knowledge of the subject
not some poorly understood excepts from pages hastily looked up on the internet

I am not missing any arguments you are the one that is doing this filing to explain the accuracy or failing to factor in error using such methods as you perceive to be how this was done. Where as I state they had advanced knowledge and methodology on engineering, mathematics etc.
Again I have been civil too, you started off the infantile behavior with your remark on navigation failing to see hat I was talking about in regards to topography on leveling out such a vast area with again such accuracy, again lligning the area before this was accomplished.
I am pointing out the many factors that show how advanced for the time the Great Pyramid is using Egyptologists themselves, one of the most famous ones, to back up my points, which is allowed and you are not in a position to decide. It is called supporting evidence So you can maintain being a twat or return to being civil. That is down to you.
In fact I can point out many things you have failed to address, your answers have been selective and against at best second guesses, which still fail to explain the level of accuracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:03 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Good luck
that wasnt a insult you idiot given what you are saying its a fair and comical observation not a insult about my intelligence like you descend in to  and that's your problem dude when you fail in a discussion you resort to personal attacks
discussion closed

I made a remark about topography and you wrongly went off navigation. I made no view on this and then you tried like a child to insult, thus the buck stops with you and no excuses will get you out of this hole you are digging for yourself. You are insulting my intelligence claiming something I do understand that I am an idiot to. Showing how you fail to comprehend what even an insult is.

So next time learn to be civil, and you will not end up upset.

Lesson learnt I hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Ooooo how will we ever find true north with all that Errrr........................................nothing in the way

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Untitl11

oh and as way of a final word from me (this is a copy and paste )

Ancient Egyptian mathematics is the mathematics that was developed and used in Ancient Egypt circa 3000 BC to c.300 BC.

Overvdates back to at least 3000 BC with the ivory labels found in Tomb U-j at Abydos. These labels appear to have been used as tags for grave goods and some are inscribed with numbers.[1] Further evidence of the use of the base 10 number system can be found on the Narmer Macehead which depicts offerings of 400,000 oxen, 1,422,000 goats and 120,000 prisoners.[2]

The evidence of the use of mathematics in the Old Kingdom (ca 2690–2180 BC) is scarce, but can be deduced from inscriptions on a wall near a mastaba in Meidum which gives guidelines for the slope of the mastaba.[3] The lines in the diagram are spaced at a distance of one cubit and show the use of that unit of measurement.[1]

The earliest true mathematical documents date to the 12th dynasty (ca 1990–1800 BC). The Moscow Mathematical Papyrus, the Egyptian Mathematical Leather Roll, the Lahun Mathematical Papyri which are a part of the much larger collection of Kahun Papyri and the Berlin Papyrus 6619 all date to this period. The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus which dates to the Second Intermediate Period (ca 1650 BC) is said to be based on an older mathematical text from the 12th dynasty.[4]

The Moscow Mathematical Papyrus and Rhind Mathematical Papyrus are so-called mathematical problem texts. They consist of a collection of problems with solutions. These texts may have been written by a teacher or a student engaged in solving typical mathematics problems.[1]

An interesting feature of Ancient Egyptian mathematics is the use of unit fractions. The Egyptians used some special notation for fractions such as \tfrac12, \tfrac13 and \tfrac23 and in some texts for \tfrac34, but other fractions were all written as unit fractions of the form \tfrac1n or sums of such unit fractions. Scribes used tables to help them work with these fractions. The Egyptian Mathematical Leather Roll for instance is a table of unit fractions which are expressed as sums of other unit fractions. The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus and some of the other texts contain \tfrac2n tables. These tables allowed the scribes to rewrite any fraction of the form \tfrac1n as a sum of unit fractions.[1]

During the New Kingdom (ca 1550–1070 BC) mathematical problems are mentioned in the literary Papyrus Anastasi I, and the Papyrus Wilbour from the time of Ramesses III records land measurements. In the worker's village of Deir el-Medina several ostraca have been found that record volumes of dirt removed while quarrying the tombs

yea the Egyptians where so bad at maths then Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
discussion closed

I made a remark about topography and you wrongly went off navigation. I made no view on this and then you tried like a child to insult, thus the buck stops with you and no excuses will get you out of this hole you are digging for yourself. You are insulting my intelligence claiming something I do understand that I am an idiot to. Showing how you fail to comprehend what even an insult is.

Lesson learnt I hope
i love the way you just make stuff up then blatantly lie trough your teeth that a real talent that is didge not a good one but a talent nether the less

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:17 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Lesson learnt I hope
i love the way you just make stuff up then blatantly lie trough your teeth that a real talent that is didge not a good one but a talent nether the less  

To answer your previous post proving you do not read replies, my view is their mathematics was very advanced, where others have claimed its not, so that was hilarious and you have ended up with egg on your face again. My position has always been from the start their knowledge was very adavanced.

Razz

Where is the lie?
You started the insults, that is a fact and now try to worm your way out of starting it.
You tried to mock my intelligence and then I replicated this.
Thus stop blaming others for your own mistakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:27 pm

one assumes its aligned to geographical north ...rather than magnetic north?

in which case its dead easy to do the alignment
or was it (since this has moved) to celestial north...for the pole star....

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:01 pm

I think they just dumped the bloody thing there and it's a coincidence that it lined up with a star. Laughing Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:34 pm

darknessss wrote:one assumes its aligned to geographical north ...rather than magnetic north?

in which case its dead easy to do the alignment
or was it (since this has moved) to celestial north...for the pole star....

As i have been trying to explain at length.
But it just turned in to a complete waste of my time

the only real mystery is how the moved the blocks as i have said
the alignment and alleged precision of construction is not really hard to explain. but seems difficult for some to understand  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:51 pm

• Amazingly, the outside surface stones are cut within 0.01 (1/100th) inch of perfectly straight and at nearly perfect right angles for all six sides. And they were placed together with an intentional gap between them of 0.02 inch. Modern technology cannot place such 20-ton stones with greater accuracy than those in the Pyramid.

• Even more amazing is that the 0.02-inch gap was designed to allow space for glue to seal and hold the stones together. A white cement that connected the casing stones and made them watertight is still intact and stronger than the blocks that it joins.

The Pyramid is an unrivaled feat of engineering and craftsmanship. It is aligned with the four cardinal points more accurately than any contemporary structure, including the Meridian Building at Greenwich Observatory in London. The 350-foot-long descending passage is so straight that it deviates from a central axis by less than a quarter of an inch from side to side and only one tenth of an inch up and down – comparable with the best laser-controlled drilling being done today. The casing stones, some of which weighed over 16 tons, are so perfectly shaped and squared that the mortar-filled joint between them is just one-fiftieth of an inch – the thickness of a human nail. Egyptologist Sir Flinders Petrie described such phenomenal precision as ‘the finest opticians’ work on a scale of acres’; work of this calibre is beyond the capabilities of modern technology. The casing stones show no tool marks and the corners are not even slightly chipped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:05 am

the Prime Meridian
in 1884 the Prime Meridian was defined by the position of the large 'Transit Circle' telescope in the Observatory’s Meridian Observatory. The transit circle was built by Sir George Biddell Airy, the 7th Astronomer Royal, in 1850. The cross-hairs in the eyepiece of the Transit Circle precisely defined Longitude 0° for the world. As the earth’s crust is moving very slightly all the time the exact position of the Prime Meridian is now moving very slightly too, but the original reference for the prime meridian of the world remains the Airy Transit Circle in the Royal Observatory, even if the exact location of the line may move to either side of Airy’s meridian.

so given that the pyramids are aligned with a star your talking rubbish

Last edited by korban dallas on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:09 am

korban dallas wrote:
the Prime Meridian
in 1884 the Prime Meridian was defined by the position of the large 'Transit Circle' telescope in the Observatory’s Meridian Observatory. The transit circle was built by Sir George Biddell Airy, the 7th Astronomer Royal, in 1850. The cross-hairs in the eyepiece of the Transit Circle precisely defined Longitude 0° for the world. As the earth’s crust is moving very slightly all the time the exact position of the Prime Meridian is now moving very slightly too, but the original reference for the prime meridian of the world remains the Airy Transit Circle in the Royal Observatory, even if the exact location of the line may move to either side of Airy’s meridian.

What has any of the above got to do with this, and grow up for goodness sake

• Amazingly, the outside surface stones are cut within 0.01 (1/100th) inch of perfectly straight and at nearly perfect right angles for all six sides. And they were placed together with an intentional gap between them of 0.02 inch. Modern technology cannot place such 20-ton stones with greater accuracy than those in the Pyramid.

• Even more amazing is that the 0.02-inch gap was designed to allow space for glue to seal and hold the stones together. A white cement that connected the casing stones and made them watertight is still intact and stronger than the blocks that it joins.

The Pyramid is an unrivaled feat of engineering and craftsmanship. It is aligned with the four cardinal points more accurately than any contemporary structure, including the Meridian Building at Greenwich Observatory in London. The 350-foot-long descending passage is so straight that it deviates from a central axis by less than a quarter of an inch from side to side and only one tenth of an inch up and down – comparable with the best laser-controlled drilling being done today. The casing stones, some of which weighed over 16 tons, are so perfectly shaped and squared that the mortar-filled joint between them is just one-fiftieth of an inch – the thickness of a human nail. Egyptologist Sir Flinders Petrie described such phenomenal precision as ‘the finest opticians’ work on a scale of acres’; work of this calibre is beyond the capabilities of modern technology. The casing stones show no tool marks and the corners are not even slightly chipped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:14 am

the Prime Meridian is a datum point (do you know what that is )

so when you said
"it is aligned with the four cardinal points more accurately than any contemporary structure, including the Meridian Building at Greenwich Observatory in London"

The Prime Meridian is not aligned with the four cardinal points

learn about navigation and cartography for goodness sake and you may stop these fundamental errors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:22 am

korban dallas wrote:

so when you said
"it is aligned with the four cardinal points more accurately than any contemporary structure, including the Meridian Building at Greenwich Observatory in London"

OMG you ares still not getting this and you are claiming 100% just to map the four points using sticks which leaves room for error. The thy have to connect four corners, keeping straight lines a near impossible feat due to its length. So at best you can map the four points, you are left with still getting all four sides in line. Your next problem is the courners themselves. How do you create a perfectly square corner when you can not even make the precision square used to verify the angle?  Even if you had a precision square could you produce precision pieces?   Which civilization really made them?They had to level out the whole area again no conception pf how this was so level accurately
Bow you can keep clutching to your one point on alignment, which again you fail to factor room for error and start actually taking on board how they actually built this.
At every turn you are missing the whole point and the difficulties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:26 am

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
the Prime Meridian

me grow up I am not plagiarising others work ina debate .

its a pity you cant write in your own words and have to use copy and pastes of others work
to stitch together a barely coherent completely beyond you set of concepts .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:36 am

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

so when you said

OMG you ares still not getting this and you are claiming 100% just to map the four points using sticks which leaves room for error. The thy have to connect four corners, keeping straight lines a near impossible feat due to its length. So at best you can map the four points, you are left with still getting all four sides in line. Your next problem is the courners themselves. How do you create a perfectly square corner when you can not even make the precision square used to verify the angle?  Even if you had a precision square could you produce precision pieces?   Which civilization really made them?They had to level out the whole area again no conception pf how this was so level accurately
Bow you can keep clutching to your one point on alignment, which again you fail to factor room for error and start actually taking on board how they actually built this.
Please watch the video you obviously did not
it answers all those questions, but the main one how they moved the blocks that`s the only thing that matters the rest is easily achievable
you claim we have lost technology and i agree ,yet you deign the Egyptians the ability to make a set square spirit level (A level ) or perfectly flat surfaces you only have to look at the architecture to know that is rubbish or the statues or the intricate carvings from Egypt to know your have no idea what the hell your talking about

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:38 am

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

me grow up I am not plagiarising others work ina debate .

its a pity you cant write in your own words and have to use copy and pastes of others work
to stitch together a barely coherent completely beyond you set of concepts .

Its not plagerized as I highlighted it. I know you have problems with writing but closer and you will see this is the case, which is a view to show it is not my words. Supporting evidence to my views
I am showing the things that are a mystery which you are now deflecting about me avoiding them at all costs
So stop being a child and either take on the points or run along/

Still not getting this and you are claiming 100% just to map the four points using sticks which leaves room for error. The thy have to connect four corners, keeping straight lines a near impossible feat due to its length. So at best you can map the four points, you are left with still getting all four sides in line. Your next problem is the courners themselves. How do you create a perfectly square corner when you can not even make the precision square used to verify the angle? Even if you had a precision square could you produce precision pieces? Which civilization really made them?They had to level out the whole area again no conception pf how this was so level accurately

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:40 am

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

it answers all those questions, but the main one how they moved the blocks that`s the only thing that matters the rest is easily achievable
you claim we have lost technology and i agree ,yet you deign the Egyptians the ability to make a set square spirit level (A level ) or perfectly flat surfaces you only have to look at the architecture to know that is rubbish or the statues or the intricate carvings from Egypt to know your have no idea what the hell your talking about    

No it claims to answer them, which is why your points fall apart. It claims to think with as solved them and comes nothing near solving them

Try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:52 am

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

No it claims to answer them, which is why your points fall apart. It claims to think with as solved them and comes nothing near solving them

Try again
solving them to who`s satisfaction .....yours obviously that`s never going to happen ...Oh and by the way YOU brought up the alignment issue not me ....you just are trying to distance your self from the fact you failed in that discussion

but since you want to move on to the actual building of the thing .....what you got.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:56 am

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Try again
solving them to who`s satisfaction .....yours obviously that`s never going to happen ...Oh and by the way YOU brought up the alignment issue not me ....you just are trying to distance your self from the fact you failed in that discussion

but since you want to move on to the actual building of the thing .....what you got.

No they have not been solved, they are ideas, which the way to know would be to replicate the pyramid using your claims. So again you deflect from answer, go back to my last points which you have not answered

still not getting this and you are claiming 100% just to map the four points using sticks which leaves room for error. The thy have to connect four corners, keeping straight lines a near impossible feat due to its length. So at best you can map the four points, you are left with still getting all four sides in line. Your next problem is the courners themselves. How do you create a perfectly square corner when you can not even make the precision square used to verify the angle?  Even if you had a precision square could you produce precision pieces?   Which civilization really made them?They had to level out the whole area again no conception pf how this was so level accurately

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:05 am

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

No they have not been solved, they are ideas, which the way to know would be to replicate the pyramid using your claims. So again you deflect from answer, go back to my last points which you have not answered

still not getting this and you are claiming 100% just to map the four points using sticks which leaves room for error. The thy have to connect four corners, keeping straight lines a near impossible feat due to its length. So at best you can map the four points, you are left with still getting all four sides in line. Your next problem is the courners themselves. How do you create a perfectly square corner when you can not even make the precision square used to verify the angle?  Even if you had a precision square could you produce precision pieces?   Which civilization really made them?They had to level out the whole area again no conception pf how this was so level accurately

YOU brought up the alignment issue not me ....you just are trying to distance your self from the fact you failed in that discussion ......run Forest run

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:07 am

So still no answers.

Lets see how many posts he can continue to avoid.

Place your bets

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:12 am

[quote="Brasidas"]So still no answers.

you can obviously tel me what this depicts because if you cant further discussion is quite frankly a waste of my time
How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Fback310

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:16 am

Might as well post some more expert evidence

As Dr. Craig Smith of the team points out: The logistics of construction at the Giza site are staggering when you think that the ancient Egyptians had no pulleys, no wheels, and no iron tools. Yet, the dimensions of the pyramid are extremely accurate and the site was leveled within a fraction of an inch over the entire 13.1-acre base. This is comparable to the accuracy possible with modern construction methods and laser leveling. That's astounding. With their 'rudimentary tools,' the pyramid builders of ancient Egypt were about as accurate as we are today with 20th-century technology

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:20 am

Brasidas wrote:Might as well post some more expert evidence

As Dr. Craig Smith of the team points out: The logistics of construction at the Giza site are staggering when you think that the ancient Egyptians had no pulleys, no wheels, and no iron tools. Yet, the dimensions of the pyramid are extremely accurate and the site was leveled within a fraction of an inch over the entire 13.1-acre base. This is comparable to the accuracy possible with modern construction methods and laser leveling. That's astounding. With their 'rudimentary tools,' the pyramid builders of ancient Egypt were about as accurate as we are today with 20th-century technology

so you don`t know what thats a picture representing....... thought not

RUN forest run:P

Last edited by korban dallas on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:22 am

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Might as well post some more expert evidence

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9lyd6Uy01kO89DlxRf_y8s1Xb6-LwMgive83xkqlfC7NhqZXE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:28 am

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9lyd6Uy01kO89DlxRf_y8s1Xb6-LwMgive83xkqlfC7NhqZXE
Squirrel

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Squira10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:30 am

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Squirrel

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Triple-facepalm

Seems I was right about many pages avoiding.

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 2Q==

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:36 am

the Egyptians employed land surveyors called harpedonaptai (rope notters)
the annual flooding of the Nile river silt was deposited on the valley floor the property boundaries of the fields were destroyed so they had to be redrawn the harpedonaptai used measuring cords with 11 equally spaced knots (or marked with paint) dividing it into 12 parts to remake the bounderys
marking out a square for a pyramid no diffenet than marking out a field for crops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:37 am

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Squirrel

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 Triple-facepalm

Seems I was right about many pages avoiding.

How Was The Great Pyramid At Giza Constructed?  - Page 2 2Q==
Squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:37 am

And you think that explains the precision accuracy.
Hilarious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:46 am

This colossal structure, the last of the seven ancient wonders and the largest stone building in the world, still provokes awe, controversy and a plethora of theories that inspire bitter debate to this day. Instead of going over the well-established mysteries, we would like to shine new light on this important enigma that appears out of place in ‘Stone Age’ Egypt.

The real challenge the Great Pyramid still poses to us in the opening decade of the Third Millennium is the physical plant itself. Theorists have gone on endlessly speculating about how it was built and the metaphysical, cultural and religious significance and/or symbolism behind its construction. Though several authors have offered tantalising possibilities, none have been conclusively proven.

The mystery remains unsolved.

To begin with, the massive size - the staggering volume and weight of the building blocks - remain problematic. With an estimated 2.3 million blocks with a weight of about 4 million tons, the pyramid is two-thirds the mass of the Hoover Dam. The sheer size and the numbers of blocks that had to be quarried and moved into place, presents numerous architectural, construction and engineering headaches.

These issues have been raised time and again, yet are still unsettled. It is time to move on and define the even more difficult issues. We consider the core ‘hard’ problems to be those that reflect precision engineering and assembly line manufacturing accomplished on a massive scale. The primitive tools scenario concocted by Egyptologists does not explain the following tasks:

[list defaultattr=]
[*] Creating precision-cut casing blocks weighing 16 tons, fitted together and held by a super-glue mortar that maintained a tight seal forming a nearly seamless shell.
[*]Leveling the 13-acre limestone bedrock base to a degree of accuracy only recently achieved with laser technology.
[*]Squaring the base to True North with minimal deviation.
[*]Excavating the ‘Descending Passage’ 350 feet into solid bedrock at a 26-degree angle while keeping the tunnel arrow-straight for its (entire) length.
[*]Bringing the massive 48-story pyramid together around complex internal structures, retaining the true shape to enable the builders to form the apex. (These internal structures include four enigmatic ventilation shafts and a coffer in the King’s Chamber that is too large to have been moved through the opening. It shows evidence of having been cut with a jewel-tip saw.)
[*]Extensive usage of different types of machined granite inside the Great Pyramid chambers.
[/list]

The father of modern Egyptology, Sir Flinders Petrie, marvelled at the precision and size of the casing blocks. He carefully measured the blocks and found that “the mean thickness of the joints are .020 and therefore, the mean variation of the cutting of the stone from a straight line and from a true square, is but .01 on length of 75 inches up the face, an amount of accuracy equal to most modern opticians’ straight-edges of such a length.”

The modern international engineering firm of Daniel, Mann, Johnson & Menendhall conducted a forensic analysis of the Great Pyramid. Their findings are evaluated in an article published in Civil Engineering.

The pyramid was oriented with its major sides either north-south or east-west. This in itself was a remarkable undertaking, given the accuracy to which it was done, because the Egyptians had to perform the work using astronomical or solar observations - the compass had not yet been invented. The dimensions of the pyramid are extremely accurate and the site was levelled within a fraction of an inch over the entire base. This is comparable to the accuracy possible with modern construction methods and laser levelling.1

The summary speaks volumes between the lines. The problems with the Descending Passage are numerous. For starters the tunnel is less than 4 x 4 feet, enough for no more than one excavator wielding a hammer-stone at any given moment. How would our proposed digging crew negotiate the space in the suffocating darkness once they had dug down 50 feet and more? In addition how would the 26-degree angle be set and maintained without lights or levels? The lack of carbon deposits on walls and ceiling indicate that torches were not used.

Once again, Petrie measured the passage and found an amazing accuracy of .020 of an inch over 150 feet and a mere .250 inch over 350 feet of its constructed and excavated length. We submit that this passage with its smooth surfaces, squared shape, and accurate angle could not have been tunnelled with primitive tools and methods.

The Great Pyramid remains the world’s greatest wonder and ancient enigma. We suggest researchers should pay more attention to these details and ask about the materials used inside the Great Pyramid, especially near the ventilation shafts. We now have two doors blocking a very important shaft, the one that pointed to the star Sirius in 2,450 BCE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:47 am

Brasidas wrote:And you think that explains the precision accuracy.
Hilarious
What is your problem are you being purposely dense
99.9% of buildings ever built use a piece of bloody string to keep walls straight go on any bloody building site in the ...world and that`s what builders use string ,

the bloody house your living in its walls where kept straight with a piece of string
you lack even the most basic understanding of building so you understand nothing about building pyramids and never will live with it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:49 am

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:And you think that explains the precision accuracy.
Hilarious
99.9% of buildings ever built use a piece of bloody string to keep walls straight go on any bloody building site in the ...world  and that`s what builders use string ,

the bloody house your living in its walls where kept straight with a piece of string
you lack even the most basic understanding of building so you understand nothing about building pyramids and never will live with it

And keep it so accurately to true North?
Dont be a fucking idiot all your life
Seriously stop being a twat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:51 am

Brasidas wrote:This colossal structure, the last of the seven ancient wonders and the largest stone building in the world, still provokes awe, controversy and a plethora of theories that inspire bitter debate to this day. Instead of going over the well-established mysteries, we would like to shine new light on this important enigma that appears out of place in ‘Stone Age’ Egypt.

The real challenge the Great Pyramid still poses to us in the opening decade of the Third Millennium is the physical plant itself. Theorists have gone on endlessly speculating about how it was built and the metaphysical, cultural and religious significance and/or symbolism behind its construction. Though several authors have offered tantalising possibilities, none have been conclusively proven.

The mystery remains unsolved.

To begin with, the massive size - the staggering volume and weight of the building blocks - remain problematic. With an estimated 2.3 million blocks with a weight of about 4 million tons, the pyramid is two-thirds the mass of the Hoover Dam. The sheer size and the numbers of blocks that had to be quarried and moved into place, presents numerous architectural, construction and engineering headaches.

These issues have been raised time and again, yet are still unsettled. It is time to move on and define the even more difficult issues. We consider the core ‘hard’ problems to be those that reflect precision engineering and assembly line manufacturing accomplished on a massive scale. The primitive tools scenario concocted by Egyptologists does not explain the following tasks:

• Creating precision-cut casing blocks weighing 16 tons, fitted together and held by a super-glue mortar that maintained a tight seal forming a nearly seamless shell.
  • Leveling the 13-acre limestone bedrock base to a degree of accuracy only recently achieved with laser technology.
  • Squaring the base to True North with minimal deviation.
  • Excavating the ‘Descending Passage’ 350 feet into solid bedrock at a 26-degree angle while keeping the tunnel arrow-straight for its (entire) length.
  • Bringing the massive 48-story pyramid together around complex internal structures, retaining the true shape to enable the builders to form the apex. (These internal structures include four enigmatic ventilation shafts and a coffer in the King’s Chamber that is too large to have been moved through the opening. It shows evidence of having been cut with a jewel-tip saw.)
  • Extensive usage of different types of machined granite inside the Great Pyramid chambers.

The father of modern Egyptology, Sir Flinders Petrie, marvelled at the precision and size of the casing blocks. He carefully measured the blocks and found that “the mean thickness of the joints are .020 and therefore, the mean variation of the cutting of the stone from a straight line and from a true square, is but .01 on length of 75 inches up the face, an amount of accuracy equal to most modern opticians’ straight-edges of such a length.”

The modern international engineering firm of Daniel, Mann, Johnson & Menendhall conducted a forensic analysis of the Great Pyramid. Their findings are evaluated in an article published in Civil Engineering.

The pyramid was oriented with its major sides either north-south or east-west. This in itself was a remarkable undertaking, given the accuracy to which it was done, because the Egyptians had to perform the work using astronomical or solar observations - the compass had not yet been invented. The dimensions of the pyramid are extremely accurate and the site was levelled within a fraction of an inch over the entire base. This is comparable to the accuracy possible with modern construction methods and laser levelling.1

The summary speaks volumes between the lines. The problems with the Descending Passage are numerous. For starters the tunnel is less than 4 x 4 feet, enough for no more than one excavator wielding a hammer-stone at any given moment. How would our proposed digging crew negotiate the space in the suffocating darkness once they had dug down 50 feet and more? In addition how would the 26-degree angle be set and maintained without lights or levels? The lack of carbon deposits on walls and ceiling indicate that torches were not used.

Once again, Petrie measured the passage and found an amazing accuracy of .020 of an inch over 150 feet and a mere .250 inch over 350 feet of its constructed and excavated length. We submit that this passage with its smooth surfaces, squared shape, and accurate angle could not have been tunnelled with primitive tools and methods.

The Great Pyramid remains the world’s greatest wonder and ancient enigma. We suggest researchers should pay more attention to these details and ask about the materials used inside the Great Pyramid, especially near the ventilation shafts. We now have two doors blocking a very important shaft, the one that pointed to the star Sirius in 2,450 BCE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:57 am

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
99.9% of buildings ever built use a piece of bloody string to keep walls straight go on any bloody building site in the ...world  and that`s what builders use string ,

YES YES YES and don`t you swear at me pall
your the only idiot hear pall and abusive one at that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:59 am

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

YES YES YES and don`t you swear at me pall
your the only idiot hear pall and abusive one at that

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Pipe down you little turd, you are in no position to make any demands,
I really am not concerned about a little gimp thinks of me.
Thanks though for proving me right and avoid countless points and claim things not proven and only ideas are facts to you, showing and proving the limitations of your understanding

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next