NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza? Researchers say they are on the verge of finding a secret 'recess' in the ancient wonder of the world

4 posters

Go down

Is there a hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza? Researchers say they are on the verge of finding a secret 'recess' in the ancient wonder of the world   Empty Is there a hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza? Researchers say they are on the verge of finding a secret 'recess' in the ancient wonder of the world

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:10 pm

[*]A project is using infrared thermography to find this hidden chamber
[*]Experts are also using muography to look for charged particles to date artefacts
[*]Known as Khufu Pyramid, the Great Pyramid of Giza is 479 feet (146 metres) tall
[*]It is the only surviving monument from the ancient Seven Wonders of the World
[*]Some archaeologists have pinned hopes on the sophisticated technology to locate the burial place of the legendary queen Nefertiti 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4761238/Great-Pyramid-Giza-hiding-secret-recess.html#ixzz4osUs1700 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Is there a hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza? Researchers say they are on the verge of finding a secret 'recess' in the ancient wonder of the world   Empty Re: Is there a hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza? Researchers say they are on the verge of finding a secret 'recess' in the ancient wonder of the world

Post by Cass Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Hey Didge
Interesting. I went down in 2000. There certainly seemed potential for more rooms than those that were currently opened.my abiding memory is hot, smelly, cramped graffiti at the bottom. Yes really. Also the tourist police were always following us and demanding money. Would be very cool if they found the tomb of Nefertiti though.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Is there a hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza? Researchers say they are on the verge of finding a secret 'recess' in the ancient wonder of the world   Empty Re: Is there a hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza? Researchers say they are on the verge of finding a secret 'recess' in the ancient wonder of the world

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Cass wrote:Hey Didge
Interesting. I went down in 2000. There certainly seemed potential for more rooms than those that were currently opened.my abiding memory is hot, smelly, cramped graffiti at the bottom. Yes really. Also the tourist police were always following us and demanding money. Would be very cool if they found the tomb of Nefertiti though.

Hi Me Lady

I have been inside too, and its like an oven when I went inside. 
I think the site is much older than is given historically.
Not trying to make some wackadoodle argument or aliens built this.
I just think we do not give enough credit to our ancestors.
That they were very advanced and thousands of years earlier than we thought.
The reason many archaeologists and Egyptologists do not want to think so, is because there is a lack of evidence that points to mass groupings in dwellings of humans at the time.
To me, many are now under water, after the end of the last ice age. Where people congregated on coastal areas living together. When the last ice age melted it must have been catastrophic. Destroying many human settlements.

I agree it would be cool if they found the tomb of Nefertiti.

I hear they have found a new tomb, in the valley of the Kings, that they reckon is the wife of Tutankhamen??

Did you read that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:35 pm

I went down there many years ago...1980s, if I remember correctly...before the mysterious narrow shaft was discovered.

Am I right in saying that some years ago a camera-equipped robot travelled quite a distance up the shaft from the Queen's (upper) chamber that was calculated as pointing towards Orion? It eventually came up against a small sealed door but when it drilled through, all it could see was yet another sealed door that it was unable to reach.

Examination of the exterior of the pyramid has failed to discover where the shaft emerges, if, indeed, it does so.

I believe it was featured on the Yesterday TV channel.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:34 pm

I paid to go down there, took one step into that narrow opening with its heat and humidity and thought Fuck this! I pushed my way through the queue to sit outside waiting for my friends to re-emerge. Then I ended up being chased round the pyramid by a guy on a camel who kept proclaiming, 'I loff you, I loff you...'
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:59 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I paid to go down there, took one step into that narrow opening with its heat and humidity and thought Fuck this!   I pushed my way through the queue to sit outside waiting for my friends to re-emerge.   Then I ended up being chased round the pyramid by a guy on a camel who kept proclaiming, 'I loff you, I loff you...'

ROFLMAO. My friend got that one. I keep going in and down, even though I'm claustrophobic cause I'm like when will I ever get a chance to do this again. So I persevered. To be honest it was very anti-climatic. I enjoyed the Sphinx a lot more, especially the fact that there was a pizza hut across from it!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Thorin wrote:

Hi Me Lady

The reason many archaeologists and Egyptologists do not want to think so, is because there is a lack of evidence that points to mass groupings in dwellings of humans at the time.
To me, many are now under water, after the end of the last ice age. Where people congregated on coastal areas living together. When the last ice age melted it must have been catastrophic. Destroying many human settlements.

I hear they have found a new tomb, in the valley of the Kings, that they reckon is the wife of Tutankhamen??

Did you read that?

No I haven't. I will do some back-reading. Been very busy at home and work so now it's kind of settling down, time to start properly reading again.

Thanks for the tip x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I went down there many years ago...1980s, if I remember correctly...before the mysterious narrow shaft was discovered.

Am I right in saying that some years ago a camera-equipped robot travelled quite a distance up the shaft from the Queen's (upper) chamber that was calculated as pointing towards Orion? It eventually came up against a small sealed door but when it drilled through, all it could see was yet another sealed door that it was unable to reach.

Examination of the exterior of the pyramid has failed to discover where the shaft emerges, if, indeed, it does so.

I believe it was featured on the Yesterday TV channel.

Is this what you are referring to Lord M?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Cass wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Hi Me Lady

Did you read that?

No I haven't. I will do some back-reading. Been very busy at home and work so now it's kind of settling down, time to start properly reading again.

Thanks for the tip x

You are welcome Me lady

Here is the link

https://www.livescience.com/59840-king-tut-wife-tomb-possibly-found.html

Also you will love this.... Laughing

http://www.newsweek.com/ancient-egypt-secret-room-discovered-great-pyramid-archaeologists-armed-lasers-647372

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Cass wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I paid to go down there, took one step into that narrow opening with its heat and humidity and thought Fuck this!   I pushed my way through the queue to sit outside waiting for my friends to re-emerge.   Then I ended up being chased round the pyramid by a guy on a camel who kept proclaiming, 'I loff you, I loff you...'

ROFLMAO. My friend got that one. I keep going in and down, even though I'm claustrophobic cause I'm like when will I ever get a chance to do this again. So I persevered. To be honest it was very anti-climatic. I enjoyed the Sphinx a lot more, especially the fact that there was a pizza hut across from it!

I got to ride round the pyramids at sunset though.   On a grey Arab stallion.   That was on my bucket list.  

Is there a hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza? Researchers say they are on the verge of finding a secret 'recess' in the ancient wonder of the world   17426398_10154586370492753_6177986785387323785_n
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:43 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Cass wrote:

I got to ride round the pyramids at sunset though.   On a grey Arab stallion.   That was on my bucket list.  

Is there a hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza? Researchers say they are on the verge of finding a secret 'recess' in the ancient wonder of the world   17426398_10154586370492753_6177986785387323785_n

Is that you perched up there?
It all looks very romantic I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down