NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farage Tells Paxman He Has A Problem With Romania And It's Ok To Be Homophobic If You're Old

+6
eddie
David
Tommy Monk
Fred
Eilzel
Ben Reilly
10 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Farage Tells Paxman He Has A Problem With Romania And It's Ok To Be Homophobic If You're Old Empty Farage Tells Paxman He Has A Problem With Romania And It's Ok To Be Homophobic If You're Old

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 7:06 am

Nigel Farage has been dealing with the fallout from his Friday interview on LBC with James O'Brien for which he has been accused of making racist comments. The Ukip leader decided to try and draw a line under the row by going toe-to-toe with BBC Newsnight's Jeremy Paxman on Monday evening.
The interview was the billed as a high profile collision between the programme's outgoing veteran presenter and the insurgent politician. For Farage it was a chance to undo some of the damage done by his suggestion people should be worried if Romanians were to move in next door and for Paxman it was a chance to remind everyone it was he, not O'Brien, who was top dog.
Paxman began by asking Farage: "What's your problem with Romanians?" The Ukip leader has been attacked by David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg for his decision to focus on Romanian immigrants as a source of crime.
The Ukip leader responded that he had "no problem with Romanians" but that he had "a big problem with Romania". He added: "I visited the country. Communism fell just over twenty years ago. It has not made the transition to being a modern Western democracy."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/19/ukip-newsnight-paxman-farage_n_5354238.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

:asbluras: 

WTF, so he claims not to have a problem with Romanians, but Romania, which is populated by Romanians?

Blimey talk about digging yourself an even bigger hole.

Love this one, it is acceptable to be homophobic over 70, but not racist?

:asbluras: 

Ehhhh?

Back to top Go down

Farage Tells Paxman He Has A Problem With Romania And It's Ok To Be Homophobic If You're Old Empty Re: Farage Tells Paxman He Has A Problem With Romania And It's Ok To Be Homophobic If You're Old

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 20, 2014 7:39 am

Looks like the classic thrashing of a fish that has suddenly realized it bit down hard on the hook  ::D:: 

Hope the Teflon doesn't apply in this case. Surely the English have more sense than that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Farage Tells Paxman He Has A Problem With Romania And It's Ok To Be Homophobic If You're Old Empty Re: Farage Tells Paxman He Has A Problem With Romania And It's Ok To Be Homophobic If You're Old

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 7:59 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Looks like the classic thrashing of a fish that has suddenly realized it bit down hard on the hook  ::D:: 

Hope the Teflon doesn't apply in this case. Surely the English have more sense than that.

Ben the saddest part is around half their supporters recently polled believe immigrants, and their children born in Britain, should be "encouraged to leave the country".

What do they mean by encouraged?
At the point of a gun given half the chance?  

Yep that includes me, raised in an English culture, following England in sport, love my country to be told I should leave, even though I have spent (apart from travel) my whole life growing up here? Where should I go Ireland or Sicily?
Sadly around half of UKIP supporters clearly are racist or just plain ignorant with poor racial views and do not think I am British or English. The sad reality is around half want to leave the EU, the other half are brainless racists who would no doubt remover not just second generation children but third generation given the chance, because they are so paranoid with an ignorant unsubstantiated fear. Of course none of them would ask the 6 million ex-pats they also have to return and of course any children born to them around the world, that would be wrong.

Thankfully, these half of UKIP brainless idiots, (the other half have just a paranoid fear of the EU)  are not the majority view in this country and never will be, most people are not like this and thank goodness for that

Last edited by Didge on Tue May 20, 2014 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:00 am

BigAndy9 says it is ok to be homophobic if you're young, old, yellow or black - just be prepared for some people not liking you.

That's the way of the world - not everybody is the same and everybody won't like everybody.

Get over it ladies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:01 am

BigAndy9 wrote:BigAndy9 says it is ok to be homophobic if you're young, old, yellow or black - just be prepared for some people not liking you.

That's the way of the world - not everybody is the same and everybody won't like everybody.

Get over it ladies.

Andy clearly does not want to evolve and stay living in the past whilst the majority progress.

Shame really, as he has potential to learn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:05 am

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:BigAndy9 says it is ok to be homophobic if you're young, old, yellow or black - just be prepared for some people not liking you.

Get over it ladies.

Andy clearly does not want to evolve and stay living in the past whilst the majority progress.

BigAndy9 says let people decide for themselves - it's their choice and nobody is able to force them to change, in fact you'll only make things worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:06 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

BigAndy9 says let people decide for themselves - it's their choice and nobody is able to force them to change, in fact you'll only make things worse.

Hence the part has potential to learn, sadly he does not want to and stay ignorant in the dark.

Shame really as the choice is his, one wonders why he chooses so poorly all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:28 am

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Hence the part has potential to learn, sadly he does not want to and stay ignorant in the dark.

Shame really as the choice is his, one wonders why he chooses so poorly all the time.

I get the feeling you believe i'm homophobic didge lol

I'm not, never have been and never will be - i'm pretty sure i've stated this in the past.

I do believe others have every right to not be too keen on gays though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:31 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

I get the feeling you believe i'm homophobic didge lol

I'm not, never have been and never will be - i'm pretty sure i've stated this in the past.

I do believe others have every right to not be too keen on gays though.

No just xenophobic and very bigoted Andy, and it is these views, which I see you daily argue against groups of people, that you need to learn from in my view Andy. It is your choice at the end of the day, but I fail to see what is good about being in fear of people all the time because you hold such poor views about them collectively! People have rights to these views, just as others like myself have the right to express why such views are poor and backward, because they discriminate off unsubstantiated views

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 20, 2014 8:33 am

You have the right to be a hateful sonofabitch. Others have the right to call you that when you hate others on the basis of the tint of their skin or who they prefer to take with them to bed.

I also have the right to believe that if those things are important to a you, you are small-minded and preoccupied with unimportant things -- and stuck in a reality that has died -- a lot like my grandmother.

Is that cool? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue May 20, 2014 9:33 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

People can believe what they like- and the rest of us are free to deem such people every kind of repulsive bigot; and if such views are damaging say to a business, it is right that expressing them could cost them their job; from a totally business point of view you understand  Wink 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 10:12 am

Watched a bit of a news programme last night of Farage in Ramsgate, a reporter was with him. Farage was talking to some people who were praising him. The reporter said 'Do you know he wants more privatisation of the health service?', no they didn't. Do you know about his economic policies? No they didn't. Do you know ......, no they didn't.

It strikes me the country has become a nation of xenophobic bigots and if I was younger and didn't have family to think about, I'd emigrate, pronto.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 20, 2014 10:42 am

Sassy wrote:Watched a bit of a news programme last night of Farage in Ramsgate, a reporter was with him.   Farage was talking to some people who were praising him.  The reporter said 'Do you know he wants more privatisation of the health service?', no they didn't.   Do you know about his economic policies?   No they didn't.   Do you know ......, no they didn't.  

It strikes me the country has become a nation of xenophobic bigots and if I was younger and didn't have family to think about, I'd emigrate, pronto.  

That is a sad state of affairs!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 10:46 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:Watched a bit of a news programme last night of Farage in Ramsgate, a reporter was with him.   Farage was talking to some people who were praising him.  The reporter said 'Do you know he wants more privatisation of the health service?', no they didn't.   Do you know about his economic policies?   No they didn't.   Do you know ......, no they didn't.  

That is a sad state of affairs!

Isn't it. I honestly feel that the very worst of 'Little Englanders' prejudices are taking over the nation. Very sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 10:56 am

well i knew the UKIPOPHOBES would start their campaign and all the threads seem to show it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue May 20, 2014 11:26 am

UKIPophobes is a good term but our fear and dislike of UKIP isn't irrational- it is based on solid evidence of the scum they are Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 11:31 am

Eilzel wrote:UKIPophobes is a good term but our fear and dislike of UKIP isn't irrational- it is based on solid evidence of the scum they are Smile

i'm sure the same could be said of homo and ilslamophobia... Smile 

the politicians are running scared and i think with good reason, they have screwed Britain over for long enough...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 11:41 am

Eilzel wrote:UKIPophobes is a good term but our fear and dislike of UKIP isn't irrational- it is based on solid evidence of the scum they are Smile

Absobloodylutely! Ever instinct tells me that if these people are at heart the very worst of Britain, and they are pandering and stirring the basest feelings. And they are liars, through and through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue May 20, 2014 11:51 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

the politicians are running scared and i think with good reason, they have screwed Britain over for long enough...

With Islamophobia possibly; not really seeing how you build up a 'rational' hatred or fear for gay people though  lol! 

^agreed Sass; they appeal to base prejudice; as you pointed out earlier, the people who are inclined toward them are not always even aware of what their party stands for...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 11:51 am

Well it seems UKIP has reached a new low:

Farage Tells Paxman He Has A Problem With Romania And It's Ok To Be Homophobic If You're Old BoCH-JkIAAA1Jvz

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/20/ukip-war-dead-poster_n_5356357.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Fucking disgusting to now use the fallen:
How about all these that made a sacrifice not born to this nation fighting for this nation:

http://www.1914-1918.net/faq.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Please tell me they aren't really using that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Words fail me Sassy, they really do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:10 pm

It's beyond belief. Those men fought to stop a megalomaniac, who was killing people because of their beliefs. It seems there is nothing they won't stoop to, and unfortunately, it seems that people are willing to be manipulated by them. Absolutely disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Eilzel wrote:

With Islamophobia possibly; not really seeing how you build up a 'rational' hatred or fear for gay people though  lol! 

^agreed Sass; they appeal to base prejudice; as you pointed out earlier, the people who are inclined toward them are not always even aware of what their party stands for...

i'm sure what seems irrational fear or hatred to you is not to those who feel that way, i don't think many people physically cower in fear when they see a homosexual but they may feel physically sick at seeing them kissing or the thought of what they do..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Didge wrote:Well it seems UKIP has reached a new low:

Farage Tells Paxman He Has A Problem With Romania And It's Ok To Be Homophobic If You're Old BoCH-JkIAAA1Jvz

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/20/ukip-war-dead-poster_n_5356357.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

How about all these that made a sacrifice not born to this nation fighting for this nation:

what is low about it, people lost their lives defending the nation from being ruled by european oppressors, the current politicians have handed control of britain to europe making the sacrifice of these people worthless and they have done it on purpose knowing exactly what they are doing and just to line their own pockets, now that is low, in fact it is treason, which i believe is still the only crime in this country that carries the death sentence..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Didge wrote:Well it seems UKIP has reached a new low:

what is low about it, people lost their lives defending the nation from being ruled by european oppressors, the current politicians have handed control of britain to europe making the sacrifice of these people worthless and they have done it on purpose knowing exactly what they are doing and just to line their own pockets, now that is low, in fact it is treason, which i believe is still the only crime in this country that carries the death sentence..

because they died from a real threat of invasion which would have subjugated the population and no doubt interned many people as there were lists in the Operation Sealion of countless British people, no doubt many to concentration camps. To also claim we have no say her is also a complete sham by UKIP when you are able to vote on Thursday for people to be MEP's who as seen with UKIP do nothing for the interest of this country. Most of our laws are actually made here and we ignore also rulings made which people seem to forget, thus people playing up to bullshit fear views from UKIP

This shows what a fucking disgrace UKIP are especially in 2 world wars of which both my grand parents fought, neither of which were born here or either lived served to fight for this nations freedom, of which without their help and millions others, as well as the sacrifice many made from this nation you would not even enjoy the freedom you have today. They are comparing an invasion to that threat sen under the Nazi's, that is not even a comparison but a massive insult

That is why it is disgusting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Also it was a coalition of nations, allied nations that helped win both wars, not Britain on its own, it was also Churchill who saw a future with a united Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:33 pm

A ‘United States of Europe’

In 1946 Churchill delivered another famous speech, at the University of Zurich, in which he advocated a ‘United States of Europe’, urging Europeans to turn their backs on the horrors of the past and look 
to the future. He declared that Europe could not afford to drag 
forward the hatred and revenge which sprung from the injuries of 
the past, and that the first step to recreate the ‘European family’ 
of justice, mercy and freedom was “to build a kind of United 
States of Europe. In this way only will hundreds of millions of 
toilers be able to regain the simple joys and hopes which make 
life worth living”. 

Council of Europe

With this plea for a United States of Europe, Churchill was 
one of the first to advocate European integration to prevent 
the atrocities of two world wars from ever happening again, 
calling for the creation of a Council of Europe as a first step. 
In 1948, in The Hague, 800 delegates from all European 
countries met, with Churchill as honorary president, at a grand 
Congress of Europe.

http://europa.eu/about-eu/eu-history/founding-fathers/pdf/winston_churchill_en.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue May 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Didge wrote:A ‘United States of Europe’

In 1946 Churchill delivered another famous speech, at the University of Zurich, in which he advocated a ‘United States of Europe’, urging Europeans to turn their backs on the horrors of the past and look 
life worth living”. 

Council of Europe

Congress of Europe.

http://europa.eu/about-eu/eu-history/founding-fathers/pdf/winston_churchill_en.pdf

Well pointed out didge- I used to have Churchill's US or E quote as a sig because it is one of those massive Churchill quotes that the Right have often simply ignored in moments like this- they dig out the anti-Muslim quotes and anti-Socialism quotes for fun but when it comes to the United States of Europe they are silent.

It was a grand vision- UKIP are using disgraceful deceptive propaganda here and in doing so insulting the many who died for their country against fascism; people who would also have had a variety of political views.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:A ‘United States of Europe’

life worth living”. 

Council of Europe

Congress of Europe.

Well pointed out didge- I used to have Churchill's US or E quote as a sig because it is one of those massive Churchill quotes that the Right have often simply ignored in moments like this- they dig out the anti-Muslim quotes and anti-Socialism quotes for fun but when it comes to the United States of Europe they are silent.

It was a grand vision- UKIP are using disgraceful deceptive propaganda here and in doing so insulting the many who died for their country against fascism; people who would also have had a variety of political views.

Thanks Eilzel, it is the sort of thing you would come to expect from the BNP, but the last few days has really made me more convinced than anything that UKIP are nothing but a xenophobic homophobic party, that stand against everything that makes this country great. They play upon peoples worst fears and pessimism and they may do this well but it also shows how easily some people are led. I really am appalled they would do something like this and after Nigel's comments on Romania, of which he has back tracked also on his claim to 7% crime, again using lies to promote fear of crime with association, shows to me how derisive and hateful this party truly is. The only comparison I see from back then is of another European nation that used similar fear arguments to fool people to garner power and we all know the consequences of what happened when they rose to power.

Vote UKIP?

No Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Tue May 20, 2014 12:53 pm

And if you were I would finance your departure. One less self righteous lefty to contend with.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Thanks Eilzel, it is the sort of thing you would come to expect from the BNP, but the last few days has really made me more convinced than anything that UKIP are nothing but a xenophobic homophobic party, that stand against everything that makes this country great. They play upon peoples worst fears and pessimism and they may do this well but it also shows how easily some people are led. I really am appalled they would do something like this and after Nigel's comments on Romania, of which he has back tracked also on his claim to 7% crime, again using lies to promote fear of crime with association, shows to me how derisive and hateful this party truly is. The only comparison I see from back then is of another European nation that used similar fear arguments to fool people to garner power and we all know the consequences of what happened when they rose to power.

Vote UKIP?

No Thanks

But you bring that up and apparently that means the argument has been lost.   No, actually, that means they are being manipulated into doing exactly the same thing as was done then, but like people then, they don't want to believe that what they are following will lead to evil.   And it will.

Vote UKIP?

Not if my life depended on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Alright said Fred wrote:

And if you were I would finance your departure. One less self righteous lefty to contend with.

Now remind me what party in German financed people to leave, or should I say asked that they buy their freedom of out Germany or intern them in concentration camps for holding a different political view?

You see this is why such views are appalling, you come out with bullshit about free speech but want rid of any different views to your own from this nation. This country is about tolerance and the ability to have a view, even if hateful, but that we also have the right to stand against such views of hate.

I may not agree with her  political views, far from it, but she has as much right to be a part of this nation as you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Tue May 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Didge as a right wing Tory I find pontificating lefties who seek to suppress free speech at every turn most offensive.

You guys do not want a real debate on Europe or Labours concealed open door policy on immigration. When it comes to duplicity and hidden agendas you Europhiles and apologist for radically damaging the country through uncontrolled and unsustainable immigration take the medals for self righteous pomposity and blatant lying. I'm not saying UKIP doesn't have its racist and fruitcakes but they are no worse than self righteous lefties who think they know best and think everyone else should do as they say.

I'm thinking you and Sassy would make a great team.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Sassy wrote:
Didge wrote:

Vote UKIP?

No Thanks

But you bring that up and apparently that means the argument has been lost.   No, actually, that means they are being manipulated into doing exactly the same thing as was done then, but like people then, they don't want to believe that what they are following will lead to evil.   And it will.

Vote UKIP?

Sadly people never learn from History.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Didge wrote:
Alright said Fred wrote:

Now remind me what party in German financed people to leave, or should I say asked that they buy their freedom of out Germany or intern them in concentration camps for holding a different political view?

You see this is why such views are appalling, you come out with bullshit about free speech but want rid of any different views to your own from this nation. This country is about tolerance and the ability to have a view, even if hateful, but that we also have the right to stand against such views of hate.

I may not agree with her  political views, far from it, but she has as much right to be a part of this nation as you do.

Don't worry about it Didge. Drinky just hates everyone who doesn't think the rich should be made richer and he shouldn't have to pay his fair share into society. Plus he's a misogynist creep lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:02 pm

Alright said Fred wrote:Didge as a right wing Tory I find pontificating lefties who seek to suppress free speech at every turn most offensive.

You guys do not want a real debate on Europe or Labours concealed open door policy on immigration. When it comes to duplicity and hidden agendas you Europhiles and apologist for radically damaging the country through uncontrolled and unsustainable immigration take the medals for self righteous pomposity and blatant lying. I'm not saying UKIP doesn't have its racist and fruitcakes but they are no worse than self righteous lefties who think they know best and think everyone else should do as they say.

I'm thinking you and Sassy would make a great team.

Sorry  but this country has had different political voices since before you were even born and I have been happy to debate you on the EU countless times for you to only come out with pathetic childish views calling me a lefty to this and that without even debating any of the points. As a Tory I am all for reform of the EU which as pressure grows from other nations will happen. Will get every change requested? No, but reform will happen and as seen you come out with more childish views without any real debate on the heart of the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:02 pm

Didge wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Vote UKIP?

Said it before, after WWII nobody thought it possible that people could be manipulated like it again. Sadly, they were wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Tue May 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Didge the EU even tried to legislate to ban any criticism of itself that's how insidious this institution is.

It has coerced numerous member states to not have referenda.

The simple fact is Didge and this proves to me you speak with a forked tongue is that the EU we joined was supposed to be a free trade area. Instead we have a pan European largely socialist lead super state.

If you can't even bring yourself to admit it has moved well beyond the parameters we agreed in 1975 then you are a duplicitous fraud like the rest of the lefties.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Didge wrote:

because they died from a real threat of invasion which would have subjugated the population and no doubt interned many people as there were lists in the Operation Sealion of countless British people, no doubt many to concentration camps. To also claim we have no say her is also a complete sham by UKIP when you are able to vote on Thursday for people to be MEP's who as seen with UKIP do nothing for the interest of this country. Most of our laws are actually made here and we ignore also rulings made which people seem to forget, thus people playing up to bullshit fear views from UKIP

This shows what a fucking disgrace UKIP are especially in 2 world wars of which both my grand parents fought, neither of which were born here or either lived served to fight for this nations freedom, of which without their help and millions others, as well as the sacrifice many made from this nation you would not even enjoy the freedom you have today. They are comparing an invasion to that threat sen under the Nazi's, that is not even a comparison but a massive insult

That is why it is disgusting

that is exactly what the current politicians have allowed we are run by brussels...the only disgrace is that the politicians so far have done it purely to suit themselves..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Sassy wrote:
Didge wrote:

Said it before, after WWII nobody thought it possible that people could be manipulated like it again.   Sadly, they were wrong.

It will change though in time, most people are not led by fears, and the point is are the fears perpetuated in the first place credible? No they are not, they play on fears of immigration mainly as if as seen it is an invading force as if the identity of this nations is going to be lost, sorry that is nothing but horse shit, which is clearly the view being promoted here by UKIP with that poster. The economy is growing again and people are spending, people thus have less to fear and less to look to blame. I understand some people have genuine fears like infrastructure, or numbers with immigration, but when you read half people polled want immigrants and their children born here to be persuaded to leave, you understand how badly some people have lapped up such a fear based upon hate and not anything in any shape or form of real concerns on immigration, just bigoted xenophobic ones.

I really think UKIP has shot itself in the foot now, they will do well with a vote in the EU on Thursday more out of a protest vote, but I think more and more are waking up to what UKIP are really like and can see behind all the lies that UKIP are promoting and this really is good news, because it would be nothing short of a disaster if they  ever obtained any power. The joke is they have no viable policies, and as seen people are drawn to them not through credible policies but drawn to their arguments based upon underground fear. Germany had a smaller influx of immigration due to Jews fleeing persecution from Russia, they were blamed for the recession, countless problems in Germany, were seen as incompatible with Western democracy, claimed to be criminals, behind communism, destroying the Germanic identity, all the same bullshit you here today, all of course complete bollocks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Alright said Fred wrote:Didge the EU even tried to legislate to ban any criticism of itself that's how insidious this institution is.

It has coerced numerous member states to not have referenda.

The simple fact is Didge and this proves to me you speak with a forked tongue is that the EU we joined was supposed to be a free trade area. Instead we have a pan European largely socialist lead super state.

If you can't even bring yourself to admit it has moved well beyond the parameters we agreed in 1975 then you are a duplicitous fraud like the rest of the lefties.

So more points about me, and nothing actually on the EU itself and how it has actually benefited this country.

Sorry when you want an adult debate, let me know, as the childish drinky clearly needs his afternoon nap.

How many more times do you not understand I want EU reform?

What do you not understand about the meaning the word reform?

Would you like any assistance here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:23 pm

what makes you think it is fear driving the hatred of the eu, it is not xenophobia either, people see the problems the eu are causing this country and they want that trouble stopped...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Some more history lessons for Drinky:

A tough Conservative Home Secretary and Lord Chancellor, Fyfe strongly supported the death penalty. At the Nuremberg war crimes trials, he conducted a devastating cross-examination of Hermann Göring in relation to the murder of RAF prisoners of war. But Fyfe’s most enduring legacy is the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), of which he was the main drafter. 

The ECHR is the only legally enforceable set of international human rights norms. Only in the 47 countries that have acceded to the ECHR – every European state except Belarus – can citizens seek a legal remedy from an international tribunal if they have not got satisfaction from domestic courts. The ECHR and the Strasbourg-based European Court of Human Rights that enforces it have become hate-objects in the UK for a variety of reasons. From ignorance or by intention, eurosceptic politicians often confl ate the Strasbourg Court with the European Court of Justice, tarring it with Britain’s general suspicion of the European Union, though it is entirely unrelated to the EU. Some MPs and judges object on principle to an international body which can limit parliament’s absolute sovereignty. Some of its decisions arouse populist frenzy – Prime Minister David Cameron said that the idea of giving prisoners the vote, as directed by the Court in 2005 (but still not implemented by the UK), made him “physically ill”.

In reality, neither the ECHR nor the Court threaten the British way of life. Relatively few cases from the UK reach Strasbourg: in 2013, the Court started to examine around 2,500 against the UK, while Russia faced 36,000 cases and Ukraine 26,000. In 2013, the Court delivered 13 judgements involving the UK and found against the government in eight – a better success rate than most countries in Europe. For Russia, the corresponding figures were 129 and 119; for Ukraine, 69 and 65. And the Court tends to give governments 
significant room to interpret its judgements: its 2005 decision was not that all prisoners should have the right to vote, only that a blanket ban was a violation of rights.

http://www.cer.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/attachments/pdf/2014/bulletin_95_ib_article3-8626.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:27 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:what makes you think it is fear driving the hatred of the eu, it is not xenophobia either, people see the problems the eu are causing this country and they want that trouble stopped...

Do they see the problems?

Or are they being spoon fed billy bull about the EU from UKIP?

The EU has some need of reform, but as seen maybe you can then tell me why UKIP uses fear on both the EU and immigration using derisive views on both?

Last edited by Didge on Tue May 20, 2014 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Didge wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Said it before, after WWII nobody thought it possible that people could be manipulated like it again.   Sadly, they were wrong.

It will change though in time, most people are not led by fears, and the point is are the fears perpetuated in the first place credible? No they are not, they play on fears of immigration mainly as if as seen it is an invading force as if the identity of this nations is going to be lost, sorry that is nothing but horse shit, which is clearly the view being promoted here by UKIP with that poster. The economy is growing again and people are spending, people thus have less to fear and less to look to blame. I understand some people have genuine fears like infrastructure, or numbers with immigration, but when you read half people polled want immigrants and their children born here to be persuaded to leave, you understand how badly some people have lapped up such a fear based upon hate and not anything in any shape or form of real concerns on immigration, just bigoted xenophobic ones.

I really think UKIP has shot itself in the foot now, they will do well with a vote in the EU on Thursday more out of a protest vote, but I think more and more are waking up to what UKIP are really like and can see behind all the lies that UKIP are promoting and this really is good news, because it would be nothing short of a disaster if they  ever obtained any power. The joke is they have no viable policies, and as seen people are drawn to them not through credible policies but drawn to their arguments based upon underground fear. Germany had a smaller influx of immigration due to Jews fleeing persecution from Russia, they were blamed for the recession, countless problems in Germany, were seen as incompatible with Western democracy, claimed to be criminals, behind communism, destroying the Germanic identity, all the same bullshit you here today, all of course complete bollocks.

The fears in Germany weren't credible either.   Once sheep start down a path it's quite difficult to stop them, and this lot are going downhill, gaining momentum, egging each other on, gays to the left of them, muslims to the right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Sassy wrote:
Didge wrote:

The fears in Germany weren't credible either.   Once sheep start down a path it's quite difficult to stop them, and this lot are going downhill, gaining momentum, egging each other on.

As I say people are starting to wise up Sassy, saw huge support once for the BNP and that crashed and burned., heard all the claims of sweeping to victory as well. This does not mean we should be ever complacent to the hate they are promoting far from it, as it has now given me more conviction to help people see past the lies that UKIP are promoting, as again I have faith in the people of this country and there is also plenty more who do not share their views Sassy and thank goodness for that .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Didge wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:what makes you think it is fear driving the hatred of the eu, it is not xenophobia either, people see the problems the eu are causing this country and they want that trouble stopped...

Do they see the problems?

Or are they being spoon fed billy bull about the EU from UKIP?

The EU has some need of reform, but as seen maybe you can then tell me why UKIP uses fear on both the EU and immigration using derisive views on both?

i think it is quite say to see the affects of the eu on Britain, the fact we have no control over our own borders, we cannot eject terrorists and criminals from our own country, the money we pay in to the eu, the laws the eu pass that we cannot stop..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Farage is just another outspoken attention seeking tosser like Jeremy Clarkson, supposed to be adults...anything but, what a cringeworthy pair of slags...Turing to be controversial so the focus is on them..there are better ways to get the right kind of attention from folk, not behaving like the racist slags they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Didge wrote:
Alright said Fred wrote:

Didge - who does this right now in England?

Oh, and who did it before them?

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next