NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop And Search 'Often Only Happens Because The Person Is Black', Home Secretary Theresa May Says

4 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stop And Search 'Often Only Happens Because The Person Is Black', Home Secretary Theresa May Says - Page 4 Empty Stop And Search 'Often Only Happens Because The Person Is Black', Home Secretary Theresa May Says

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Home Secretary has said that "a large number" of stop and searches by police only happen because the person being stopped is black.
In the most strident comments she has made on the disproportionality of the use of stop and search between people of different ethnicities, Theresa May said it was "absolutely disgraceful" and said many black and minority ethnic people felt being stopped had become "a way of life".
She told the House of Commons: "It is very clear that in a large number of cases the reasonable grounds for suspicion were not there and one can only therefore assume, given that black people are six times more likely to be stopped and searched than a white person, that it is precisely the fact that they are a black person that has led to that stop and search taking place.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/30/theresa-may-attacks-stop-and-search_n_5239809.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Stop And Search 'Often Only Happens Because The Person Is Black', Home Secretary Theresa May Says - Page 4 Empty Re: Stop And Search 'Often Only Happens Because The Person Is Black', Home Secretary Theresa May Says

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 06, 2014 8:35 pm

More spam dodge, And JD, different topic.

Looks like dodge is trying to get this thread locked.

What a Berkley....!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Stop And Search 'Often Only Happens Because The Person Is Black', Home Secretary Theresa May Says - Page 4 Empty Re: Stop And Search 'Often Only Happens Because The Person Is Black', Home Secretary Theresa May Says

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:You didn't answer my questions and you ask a load of irrelevant ones.
I answered your questions you did not answer mine or Irns, we are exposing your claim to an IQ of 140
 ://?roflmao?/: 
Firstly....

I'm still not sure if you lefties are actually; (a) denying the high black crime rates, or (b) admitting it's true but just trying to excuse/justify/accommodate it through your socio-economic waffle???
Already answered, next

Please clarify your position on this?
As;
(a) goes against all the available statistical evidence,
(b) regardless of the 'causes' of crime, the admitted high and disproportionate levels of violent crime justifies the level of stop and search going on in these areas.
Again you ignore the stats are wrong due to the disparity of stop and search, arrests and prison sentencing, thus how is anyone able to gauge stats, clearly racially biased against blacks which have not responded to.
To answer his his point a, he has had countless reasons on this which has has ignored at every level where whites are not even being arrested for similar crimes to Blacks and the same with sentencing and how even though whites commit vastly more crimes, they are in comparison 28 times less likely to be stopped, that is astounding that there is a massive disparity when they already commit vastly the majority of crime. Matti ignores this at every opportunity and even waits until people go offline to reply, that is the funniest. He also thus ignores many blacks are being targeted for violent crimes, yet we have staggering figures on domestic violence for violent crimes. Now I am not sure if Matti can do the maths, but is he suggesting where we know one in 3 women in this nation are victims they are in mass multiple relationships with black men? Again that would be absurd, when we know the vast majority would be a White partner. This is another area the Police have done little with violent crime, again showing areas where it is clear whites would be as all the evidence presented so far shows are getting away with crimes.
So why are you ignoring this evidence

And secondly.....
In an area with high crime and a massive amount of this crime is disproportionately carried out by blacks, who should the police be stopping and searching?
Is it though? Again Police you ignore the stats are wrong due to the disparity of stop and search, arrests and prison sentencing, thus how is anyone able to gauge stats, clearly racially biased against blacks which have not responded to. So why have you not addressed this issue not once is this debate?

Why do you also ignore these other issues I have highlighted to you on violent crime

31% women and 18% men have experienced domestic abuse since
the age of 16 years. This amounts to 5 million women and 2.9 million

In 2011/12, the police reported nearly 800,000 incidents of domestic
Domestic violence conviction rates in the five years to 2011 stood at just 6.5% of incidents reported to police
The police recorded a total of 53,700 sexual offences across England and Wales, 71% of which were rape of serious sexual assault.
In 2011, 2,873 men were prosecuted for rape and 40% (1153) were
convicted
Now we know the Police is not even arresting as many Whites, let alone we know also the massive disparity with convictions, this is proven even more by the poor record as seen on rape and domestic violence.

We are talking about stop and search. Not crime rates in Glasgow compared to London.
Yes we are talking about stop and search which will also include Glasgow because it is part of the UK, where again you must be able to input the stop in search from there as well, being as it has high crime rates, so you thus have now made yourself an idiot, you want to talk about stop and search and you though can ask questions about violent crimes in London but not Glasgow?
One moment

Hilarious, Matti trying to dictate the debate making himself a hypocrite ha ha, what an own goal, so you need to answer the question

But I'm sure that most crimes are committed by young white Scottish men in Glasgow, and the police will be stopping and searching young white Scottish men, so is that racist?
Are they though, is that an assumption again?

You keep asking for me to provide a biological scientific study that doesn't exist.
Does it not, I am afraid you are wrong, because there is studies on races and how humans are, you though know this and thus avoid it, so you have failed to answer thus concluding you have no evidence, when we know humans are biologically the same, thus negating any factor that races would be criminally different due to their brains being biologically the same makeup, oh dear, so what does that live us with Matti?
Social factors which is what you also ignore, so why do you ignore social factors behind crime?

We are not talking about domestic violence or rapes, which are dealt with by a completely different type of policeing.
 ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 
Really, that is news to me, never heard anything so stupid in my life before, they are dealt with by the Police are they not, there are sub divisions, but domestic violence is part if the violent crime stats and even worse are you now trying to down play domestic violence? I mean you are the one always telling me Asians are too afraid to come forward with domestic violence, so we are left with the vast majority having to be white, which you avoid also, so why is it so many whites beat up women with violence?

The amount being stopped are higher but proportionate to the areas and crime levels there, the descriptions of the alleged perpetrators being mostly young black men, the types/level of violent crimes involved also require additional policing and a more hands on and direct approach, something you again fail to understand.
Again you ignore the fact we know white criminals are less likely to be caught with stop and search because they are 28 times less likely to be stopped, they are 4 times less in being arrested and 20% less in receiving a prison sentence, showing a massive disparity as already demonstrated, you though choose to ignore this basing the stats as they are not how they have been racially flawed because of Police racial bais. Thus you need to recognize as the Ministry of Justice and Government have done of this massive issue, why have you not done so  
Violent street crime is dealt with differently than other types of crime.
 ://?roflmao?/: Proof Matti is a hypocrite, I thought we were talking about stop and search, so which is it then, how about domestic violence and violent rape or do they not count either then?

If there is a lot of stabbingp or drug crime then stop and search is used more see if people are carrying weapons/drugs and to deter people from doing so.
There is and has been in Glasgow for years an in London both for hundreds of years, espcially in poverty areas, strange that is it not but you discount this even where it is majority white, so why does that show clearly your view on blacks goes out of the window when we find the same in majority white areas with high knife and gun crimes?

The police are there as a response to crime and levels, not there to be a nuisance and harass innocent people.
Yet they harass many innocent black people with stop and search 28 times more so than whites, even though whites commit vastly more crimes, yet you are happy with this even though even using the flawed stats, whites should be stopped and searched 28 times more to balance out this disparity

If they weren't there and didn't give a fuck, then people would still be moaning that they were racist, not bothering in those areas 'cos they is black'!!!
I'm sure the victims of crime are happy the police are so active in those high crime areas, and any other decent people would not mind the minor inconvenience of being stopped if they were innocent and it helped the police to find criminals, so it really makes me wonder who all these people are who complain and are so upset with police catching criminals and making the area a better and safer place for everyone....????
Really are the victims happy Matti, then why is it above many rape and domestic violence victims see little justice, can you explain how they are happy with that Matti?

Irn's question:
I'll repeat that the police in Scotland should not be stopping people based on what they look like and it should be based on grounds of reasonable suspicion. That's the bit that you don't get.
So why do you think that crime rates in Glasgow are higher than in London?

My Question
Show me the biological evidence that Blacks are criminally minded more than whites?

We can wait for you to answer even though you avoid every time and cannot thus debate

Try again

Also one further question why is it that where ever you look around the world in deprived areas crime levels are high, no matter the ethnicity, can you explain?

You have one last chance to answer all the points if not all will know you have a IQ level of 85 and that you expose even more how racist you are and cannot understand not only simple criminology but evidence presented to you. I also disagree on both your positions, and off more options to your two, so on that front you are fucked also ha ha, you do not set the standard son as it is nota case as seen as either or with your a and b points. Now I have countered all your view points, you though have avoided all mine, if you refuse to debate, then you show yourself up

::D::[/quote]

Still waiting for answers to my point Matti and your a and b points were comical also, because they both fail due to the disparity evidence found in stop and search, arrests and prison sentencing shown to favour whites, something you have not been able to refute or even worse refute criminologists on crime

Take you time as the debate will continue when you actually address the points, and will keep posting this until you do artful Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 06, 2014 9:03 pm

More spam dodge and you still haven't answered my two questions, and you have put a load of irrelevant and misleading waffle to the other points I made.

Do you admit the high and disproportionate crime rates by blacks or not?

And in areas with massive high and disproportionate crimes being carried out by young black men, who should the police be stopping and searching?

Answers please, not more spam.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:44 am

Tommy Monk wrote:You didn't answer my questions and you ask a load of irrelevant ones.
I answered your questions you did not answer mine or Irns, we are exposing your claim to an IQ of 140
Firstly....

I'm still not sure if you lefties are actually; (a) denying the high black crime rates, or (b) admitting it's true but just trying to excuse/justify/accommodate it through your socio-economic waffle???
Already answered, next

As;
(b) regardless of the 'causes' of crime, the admitted high and disproportionate levels of violent crime justifies the level of stop and search going on in these areas.
Again you ignore the stats are wrong due to the disparity of stop and search, arrests and prison sentencing, thus how is anyone able to gauge stats, clearly racially biased against blacks which have not responded to.
To answer his his point a, he has had countless reasons on this which has has ignored at every level where whites are not even being arrested for similar crimes to Blacks and the same with sentencing and how even though whites commit vastly more crimes, they are in comparison 28 times less likely to be stopped, that is astounding that there is a massive disparity when they already commit vastly the majority of crime. Matti ignores this at every opportunity and even waits until people go offline to reply, that is the funniest. He also thus ignores many blacks are being targeted for violent crimes, yet we have staggering figures on domestic violence for violent crimes. Now I am not sure if Matti can do the maths, but is he suggesting where we know one in 3 women in this nation are victims they are in mass multiple relationships with black men? Again that would be absurd, when we know the vast majority would be a White partner. This is another area the Police have done little with violent crime, again showing areas where it is clear whites would be as all the evidence presented so far shows are getting away with crimes.

And secondly.....
In an area with high crime and a massive amount of this crime is disproportionately carried out by blacks, who should the police be stopping and searching?
Is it though? Again Police you ignore the stats are wrong due to the disparity of stop and search, arrests and prison sentencing, thus how is anyone able to gauge stats, clearly racially biased against blacks which have not responded to. So why have you not addressed this issue not once is this debate?

Why do you also ignore these other issues I have highlighted to you on violent crime

Domestic violence conviction rates in the five years to 2011 stood at just 6.5% of incidents reported to police
The police recorded a total of 53,700 sexual offences across England and Wales, 71% of which were rape of serious sexual assault.
convicted
Now we know the Police is not even arresting as many Whites, let alone we know also the massive disparity with convictions, this is proven even more by the poor record as seen on rape and domestic violence.

We are talking about stop and search. Not crime rates in Glasgow compared to London.
Yes we are talking about stop and search which will also include Glasgow because it is part of the UK, where again you must be able to input the stop in search from there as well, being as it has high crime rates, so you thus have now made yourself an idiot, you want to talk about stop and search and you though can ask questions about violent crimes in London but not Glasgow?
One moment

Hilarious, Matti trying to dictate the debate making himself a hypocrite ha ha, what an own goal, so you need to answer the question

But I'm sure that most crimes are committed by young white Scottish men in Glasgow, and the police will be stopping and searching young white Scottish men, so is that racist?

You keep asking for me to provide a biological scientific study that doesn't exist.
Does it not, I am afraid you are wrong, because there is studies on races and how humans are, you though know this and thus avoid it, so you have failed to answer thus concluding you have no evidence, when we know humans are biologically the same, thus negating any factor that races would be criminally different due to their brains being biologically the same makeup, oh dear, so what does that live us with Matti?
Social factors which is what you also ignore, so why do you ignore social factors behind crime?

We are not talking about domestic violence or rapes, which are dealt with by a completely different type of policeing.
Really, that is news to me, never heard anything so stupid in my life before, they are dealt with by the Police are they not, there are sub divisions, but domestic violence is part if the violent crime stats and even worse are you now trying to down play domestic violence? I mean you are the one always telling me Asians are too afraid to come forward with domestic violence, so we are left with the vast majority having to be white, which you avoid also, so why is it so many whites beat up women with violence?

The amount being stopped are higher but proportionate to the areas and crime levels there, the descriptions of the alleged perpetrators being mostly young black men, the types/level of violent crimes involved also require additional policing and a more hands on and direct approach, something you again fail to understand.
Again you ignore the fact we know white criminals are less likely to be caught with stop and search because they are 28 times less likely to be stopped, they are 4 times less in being arrested and 20% less in receiving a prison sentence, showing a massive disparity as already demonstrated, you though choose to ignore this basing the stats as they are not how they have been racially flawed because of Police racial bais. Thus you need to recognize as the Ministry of Justice and Government have done of this massive issue, why have you not done so  
 ://?roflmao?/: Proof Matti is a hypocrite, I thought we were talking about stop and search, so which is it then, how about domestic violence and violent rape or do they not count either then?

If there is a lot of stabbingp or drug crime then stop and search is used more see if people are carrying weapons/drugs and to deter people from doing so.
There is and has been in Glasgow for years an in London both for hundreds of years, espcially in poverty areas, strange that is it not but you discount this even where it is majority white, so why does that show clearly your view on blacks goes out of the window when we find the same in majority white areas with high knife and gun crimes?

The police are there as a response to crime and levels, not there to be a nuisance and harass innocent people.
Yet they harass many innocent black people with stop and search 28 times more so than whites, even though whites commit vastly more crimes, yet you are happy with this even though even using the flawed stats, whites should be stopped and searched 28 times more to balance out this disparity

If they weren't there and didn't give a fuck, then people would still be moaning that they were racist, not bothering in those areas 'cos they is black'!!!
I'm sure the victims of crime are happy the police are so active in those high crime areas, and any other decent people would not mind the minor inconvenience of being stopped if they were innocent and it helped the police to find criminals, so it really makes me wonder who all these people are who complain and are so upset with police catching criminals and making the area a better and safer place for everyone....????
Really are the victims happy Matti, then why is it above many rape and domestic violence victims see little justice, can you explain how they are happy with that Matti?

Irn's question:
I'll repeat that the police in Scotland should not be stopping people based on what they look like and it should be based on grounds of reasonable suspicion. That's the bit that you don't get.

My Question
Show me the biological evidence that Blacks are criminally minded more than whites?

We can wait for you to answer even though you avoid every time and cannot thus debate

Try again

Also one further question why is it that where ever you look around the world in deprived areas crime levels are high, no matter the ethnicity, can you explain?

You have one last chance to answer all the points if not all will know you have a IQ level of 85 and that you expose even more how racist you are and cannot understand not only simple criminology but evidence presented to you. I also disagree on both your positions, and off more options to your two, so on that front you are fucked also ha ha, you do not set the standard son as it is nota case as seen as either or with your a and b points. Now I have countered all your view points, you though have avoided all mine, if you refuse to debate, then you show yourself up

Still waiting for answers to my point Matti and your a and b points were comical also, because they both fail due to the disparity evidence found in stop and search, arrests and prison sentencing shown to favour whites, something you have not been able to refute or even worse refute criminologists on crime

Take you time as the debate will continue when you actually address the points, and will keep posting this until you do artful Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 2:28 pm

You didn't answer my questions and you ask a load of irrelevant ones.

We are talking about the police response to crime, not the causes of crime, that is a different topic.

Violent street crime is dealt with differently than other types of crime. And stop and search is an integral part of policing.

If there is a lot of stabbing, street robberies or drug crime then stop and search is used more see if people are carrying weapons/drugs and to deter people from doing so.

The police are there as a response to crime and levels, they are working based on reported crime and discriptgmm of perpetrator, not there to be a nuisance and harass innocent people.

If they weren't there and didn't give a fuck, then people would still be moaning that they were racist, not bothering in those areas 'cos they is black'!!!I'm sure the victims of crime are happy the police are so active in those high crime areas, and any other decent people would not mind the minor inconvenience of being stopped if they were innocent and it helped the police to find criminals, so it really makes me wonder who all these people are who complain and are so upset with police catching criminals and making the area a better and safer place for everyone....????

Now why don't you answer some of my questions......

If in Glasgow, most of the street crime is done by young white Scottish men, who do the police stop and search?

Young white Scottish men?

Is that racist?

If in London most of the street crime is done by young black men, who do the police stop and search?

Young black men?

Is this racist?

In an area with high violent/street crime, what is most likely to be successful in tackling and reducing this crime;

a) more police and more police action, stop and search etc....

b) less police and less police action, stop and search etc....?

In an area with high violent/street crime committed by young white men, should the police be stopping and searching;

a) more young white men,

b) less young white men...?

In an area with high violent/street crime committed by young black men, should the police be stopping and searching;

a) more young black men,

b) less young black men....?????

Given that blacks are also disproportionately hugely more likely to be victims of this high level of black crime, don't you think we should be doing more to firstly admit there is a problem and secondly do more to protect the victims?

Crime is high WITH the overly tough policing, crime will multiply if the police are restricted from doing their jobs, and the whole community will suffer as a result from even higher crime.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Firstly....

Already answered, next

As;

And secondly.....

convicted

One moment

Irn's question:

My Question

Try again

None of that answered my points, this am waiting for answers to my point Matti and your a and b points were comical also, because they both fail due to the disparity evidence found in stop and search, arrests and prison sentencing shown to favour whites, something you have not been able to refute or even worse refute criminologists on crime

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Dodge, you are just spamming.

And your 28 times more likely is completely trumped up claim.
What it is, is a comparison between the likelyhood of a black being stopped and searched by a police officer in London with lots of blacks and lots of crime committee by blacks, compared to another police officer in an area outside London, with not a lot of blacks or black crime.

Of course the copper in London is going to be much more likely to stop and search a black.

Just like if during Notting Hill carnival the likelyhood of police stopping and searching blacks would go up even more.
It's about context dodge.

Now stop spamming And answer my questions or I will take it you admit defeat.

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 2:54 pm

Firstly....

Already answered, next

As;

And secondly.....

convicted

One moment

Irn's question:

My Question

Try again

None of that answered my points, thus am waiting for answers to my points Matti and your a and b points were comical also, because they both fail due to the disparity evidence found in stop and search, arrests and prison sentencing shown to favour whites, something you have not been able to refute or even worse refute criminologists on crime

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 3:06 pm

We are talking about the police response to crime, not the causes of crime, that is a different topic.
Violent street crime is dealt with differently than other types of crime. And stop and search is an integral part of policing.
If there is a lot of stabbing, street robberies or drug crime then stop and search is used more see if people are carrying weapons/drugs and to deter people from doing so.
The police are there as a response to crime and levels, they are working based on reported crime and discriptgmm of perpetrator, not there to be a nuisance and harass innocent people.
If they weren't there and didn't give a fuck, then people would still be moaning that they were racist, not bothering in those areas 'cos they is black'!!!I'm sure the victims of crime are happy the police are so active in those high crime areas, and any other decent people would not mind the minor inconvenience of being stopped if they were innocent and it helped the police to find criminals, so it really makes me wonder who all these people are who complain and are so upset with police catching criminals and making the area a better and safer place for everyone....????
If in Glasgow, most of the street crime is done by young white Scottish men, who do the police stop and search?
Is that racist?
If in London most of the street crime is done by young black men, who do the police stop and search?
Young black men?
Is this racist?
In an area with high violent/street crime, what is most likely to be successful in tackling and reducing this crime;
In an area with high violent/street crime committed by young white men, should the police be stopping and searching;
a) more young white men,
In an area with high violent/street crime committed by young black men, should the police be stopping and searching;
a) more young black men,
Given that blacks are also disproportionately hugely more likely to be victims of this high level of black crime, don't you think we should be doing more to firstly admit there is a problem and secondly do more to protect the victims?
Crime is high WITH the overly tough policing, crime will multiply if the police are restricted from doing their jobs, and the whole community will suffer as a result from even higher crime.

Care to answer any of this?

Or are you just going to show how I have broken your childish mind by spamming the same wall of waffle again and again....?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Firstly....

Already answered, next

As;

And secondly.....

convicted

One moment

Irn's question:

My Question

Try again

None of that answered my points, thus am waiting for answers to my points Matti and your a and b points were comical also, because they both fail due to the disparity evidence found in stop and search, arrests and prison sentencing shown to favour whites, something you have not been able to refute or even worse refute criminologists on crime

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 3:14 pm

What a bell end!

Ok, you have clearly admitted defeat.

I'm done here.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Firstly....

Already answered, next

As;

And secondly.....

convicted

One moment

Irn's question:

My Question

Try again

[/color][/quote]

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Police are responding to crime dodge.

Blacks make up only about 12% of London but are responsible for over 50% of violent/street crime. And two thirds of shootings.

I have answered all your points, you have failed to answer mine.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 7:37 pm

You didn't answer my questions and you ask a load of irrelevant ones.

Is that racist?

Young black men?

Is this racist?

a) more young white men,

a) more young black men,

And your 28 times more likely is completely trumped up claim.
What it is, is a comparison between the likelyhood of a black being stopped and searched by a police officer in London with lots of blacks and lots of crime committee by blacks, compared to another police officer in an area outside London, with not a lot of blacks or black crime.

Of course the copper in London is going to be much more likely to stop and search a black.

Just like if during Notting Hill carnival the likelyhood of police stopping and searching blacks would go up even more.

It's about context dodge.

Now are you going to answer any of this?

Last chance or I'll take it you admit defeat and have nothing more to debate on the subject.

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Still cannot answer my poinst or understand why crime is higher in areas of higher deprivation or understand social factors leading to higher crime, the clue was Glasgow and he cannot understand that.

PMSL

The debate will continue when you address the points and will keep posting that post until you do

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 8:10 pm

This is not about the causes of crime dodge, that is a different debate so stop hanging on to this red herring as an excuse to run away!

Can you answer any of my points?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:This is not about the causes of crime dodge, that is a different debate so stop hanging on to this red herring as an excuse to run away!

Can you answer any of my points?

Seriously did Matti just say it is not about the causes of crime, yet this is about stop and search?

One moment

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/:

You have not answered mine yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 8:39 pm

Stop and search is a response to crime you bell end!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Stop and search is a response to crime you bell end!

Which as seen yields little result and an even bigger problem was stop and search under terrorism, which yielded not one conviction for a terrorist offence after hundreds of thousands stop and searches, that it lead to it being discontinued.
As seen here dummy, stop and search should be based on sound intelligence, not skin colour, something you neglect at every opportunity

Oh it is so boring debating a dummy, but also great fun

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 8:48 pm

IF a high crime area with young black men being overwhelmingly reported responsible, who should the police be stopping and searching?

Colour of skin/race is a fundamental part of description.

It is unavoidable.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:IF a high crime area with young black men being overwhelmingly reported responsible, who should the police be stopping and searching?

Colour of skin/race is a fundamental part of description.

It is unavoidable.

So why is not the same approach done with whites in high areas of crime with whites, being as they vastly commit more crime?

Whoops

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 8:58 pm

It is, in an area with high street/violent crime and young white men being reported responsible, the police overwhelmingly stop and search young white men.

As seen in Glasgow.

I think you are getting confused by reading too much leftie bullshit dodge....!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It is, in an area with high street/violent crime and young white men being reported responsible, the police overwhelmingly stop and search young white men.

As seen in Glasgow.

As seen by the whole admittance by the government that is not the case, I suggest you research and read more before embarrassing yourself as you always do

Really have to go, because it is film time dummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 9:08 pm

PR exercise.

Maybe there are elections coming up....!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It is, in an area with high street/violent crime and young white men being reported responsible, the police overwhelmingly stop and search young white men.

As seen in Glasgow.

...Tommy ,none of the contributing factors is most likely that we have a smaller population up here, so there will be less black and Asian population here too than say ...London...

Yes I know per capita Glasgow is considered Europe's murder capital, but there are much less ethnic minorities in Glasgow than there are in London, Birmingham etc...

This definitely plays a part in the amount of Asians stopped in Glasgow , compared to London.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed May 07, 2014 9:52 pm

As seen in Glasgow.

Earlier you wrote...

Tommy Monk wrote:
Iron, the causes of crime iisn't the issue

Then you wrote

Tommy Monk wrote:We know that there are areas with disproportionately high crime and this is disproportionately done by young black men, so who should the police be stopping and searching?

Simple logic, cause and effect.

Game over really because the cause of crime is the issue which explains why the Glasgow figures are higher than in London.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 10:05 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:One could of course take the view that the police look where they know looking will do some good
bump.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:One could of course take the view that the police look where they know looking will do some good
bump.

That's true Victor and according to the crime figures Glasgow may be the best place to start looking first for the cause and effect that Tommy mentioned.

High levels of unemployment, social deprivation, lack of opportunity etc. - it all adds up.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 11:08 pm

be that as it may IRN....

look at the "deprived" areas of glasgow and you find...predominantly white
look at the deprived areas of other places and you will find.....predominantly some other "group"

the police are not social services..they look...where they know the likely hood of crime will exist...
the fact this reflects the make up of the "deprived" ethnicity has NOTHING to do with percieved police bias

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 08, 2014 12:09 am

victorisnotamused wrote:be that as it may IRN....

look at the "deprived" areas of glasgow and you find...predominantly white
look at the deprived areas of other places and you will find.....predominantly some other "group"

the police are not social services..they look...where they know the likely hood of crime will exist...
the fact this reflects the make up of the "deprived" ethnicity has NOTHING to do with percieved police bias

That's true as well Victor which of course shows that when you take into account the Glasgow crime rate that skin colour has nothing to do with the crime figures and it's all about social factors.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 12:17 am

Precicely IRN...so

whats wrong with the cops in cities like london ...where the deprived ARE predominantly "of other ethnicity" stopping and searching more of those "others"?

Given the demographics of things, cities are going to be the places stop and search is MOST used...I mean its hardly going to be a matter of concern in a sleepy rural village is it?

and IN general (glasgow being by far an exception) inner cities are largely populated with ????

so it stands to reason more "others" are going to be searched..

Its not rocket science....nor as the rabid lefties would have us beleive is it some sort of "ill will" upon those "others"

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 08, 2014 12:26 am

victorisnotamused wrote:Precicely IRN...so

whats wrong with the cops in cities like london ...where the deprived ARE predominantly "of other ethnicity" stopping and searching more of those "others"?

Given the demographics of things, cities are going to be the places stop and search is MOST used...I mean its hardly going to be a matter of concern in a sleepy rural village is it?

and IN general (glasgow being by far an exception) inner cities are largely populated with ????

so it stands to reason more "others" are going to be searched..

Its not rocket science....nor as the rabid lefties would have us beleive is it some sort of "ill will" upon those "others"

Because they should only be stopped and searched on the grounds of reasonable suspicion of having committed a crime not because they are black kids. I think that's the point that Teresa May is making.
Even though the crime rate in Glasgow is shown to be higher I don't believe that the police up here stop and search kids unless they think they have reasonable grounds to do so.
To test that we would have to know how many kids that are stopped and searched actually lead to an arrest and a charge - I don't have that to hand but I'm sure the figures are out there somewhere.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 2:00 am

Iron & JD, you are both missing the point of this whole thread as stated in title and OP.

This is not about the causes of crime.

That is a different debate for a different thread, although some of the facts and figures will undoubtedly overlap.

This thread is about police response to crime and stop & search, and the suggestion that stop and search often only happens because the person (being stopped) is black.

Now given that stop and search is used all over the UK, and in particular in areas with high levels of violent street crime and focused against those matching description of alleged perpetrator in said crimes and in said areas, the suggestion that it often only happens because they are black is completely ignoring the other factors involved, being actual crime reports in area, description of perpetrator, age/sex/height/build/clothing/behaviour etc, are they already known to police, acting suspiciously, changing direction of travel after seeing police have spotted them etc?

In Glasgow, where there is a high level of violent street crime being carried out by young white Scottish men, are they complaining 'is it cos I is white?'??? Or Scottish? Or young? Or male???

If the blacks being stopped were being stopped in the same way/numbers by black police? Would they still be complaining about racism???

If in Glasgow, the young white scottish men were being stopped by black police in response to crimes and descriptions, would that then be grounds for claims of racism???

Well as the police are responding to crimes and descriptions, it matters little whether the actual police are white or black, they would be acting the same and stopping and searching the same people, so this says more about the racist mentality of the blacks who are being stopped, and how they think it's somehow ok to be stopped by black police and only racist to be stopped by white police for the same reasons!!!!! Who are the real racists here????

I thought we'd moved beyond the old 'is it cos I is black?' and 'you is all racist!' bullshit after Ali G!!!

If I'm driving through an area in a blue ford focus, and get pulled up by a couple of police, both young, female, asian (and both quite butch so probably lesbians), and they say they stopped me because my car and I matched the description of a recently reported crime in the area, can I complain that they were just being racist/sexist/straight-a-phobic/ageist etc? Or they just had a problem with Fords/Focus's or small/blue cars?

Or maybe complain that they are only stopping me cos they is police????

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 6:42 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Iron & JD, you are both missing the point of this whole thread as stated in title and OP.

This is not about the causes of crime.

That is a different debate for a different thread, although some of the facts and figures will undoubtedly overlap.

This thread is about police response to crime and stop & search, and the suggestion that stop and search often only happens because the person (being stopped) is black.

Now given that stop and search is used all over the UK, and in particular in areas with high levels of violent street crime and focused against those matching description of alleged perpetrator in said crimes and in said areas, the suggestion that it often only happens because they are black is completely ignoring the other factors involved, being actual crime reports in area, description of perpetrator, age/sex/height/build/clothing/behaviour etc, are they already known to police, acting suspiciously, changing direction of travel after seeing police have spotted them etc?

In Glasgow, where there is a high level of violent street crime being carried out by young white Scottish men, are they complaining 'is it cos I is white?'??? Or Scottish? Or young? Or male???

If the blacks being stopped were being stopped in the same way/numbers by black police? Would they still be complaining about racism???

If in Glasgow, the young white scottish men were being stopped by black police in response to crimes and descriptions, would that then be grounds for claims of racism???

Well as the police are responding to crimes and descriptions, it matters little whether the actual police are white or black, they would be acting the same and stopping and searching the same people, so this says more about the racist mentality of the blacks who are being stopped, and how they think it's somehow ok to be stopped by black police and only racist to be stopped by white police for the same reasons!!!!! Who are the real racists here????

I thought we'd moved beyond the old 'is it cos I is black?' and 'you is all racist!' bullshit after Ali G!!!

If I'm driving through an area in a blue ford focus, and get pulled up by a couple of police, both young, female, asian (and both quite butch so probably lesbians), and they say they stopped me because my car and I matched the description of a recently reported crime in the area, can I complain that they were just being racist/sexist/straight-a-phobic/ageist etc? Or they just had a problem with Fords/Focus's or small/blue cars?

Or maybe complain that they are only stopping me cos they is police????

Although stop and search is used routinely by the police, it makes a small contribution to
tackling crime. In 2011-12, only 9.4 per cent of recorded stop and searches lead to an
arrest.
Over the last three decades, stop and search activity has substantially increase,
while the arrest rate from stop and search has steadily declined from a high point of 17.2 per
cent in 1986 to 9.2 per cent in 2009/10. There is significant variation in the percentages of
stop and searches leading to arrest across police forces, ranging from 3 to 19 per cent.83

This highlights inconsistency of approaches to stop and search between different forces,
which needs further investigation. Arrest rates are at best an optimistic measure of the
effectiveness of stop and search as they fail to consider the quality of the arrest or final.
outcome. Not all of those arrested as a result of stop and search result in the identification
and sanction of an offender. There is no systematic measure of arrest outcomes; however
previous studies have demonstrated that between half and two thirds of arrests actually
result in a caution, charge or conviction.

There is little research considering the effectiveness of stop and search. The overall
effectiveness of stop and search was most recently assessed by a Home Office review of
the research evidence. The review concluded that stop search has ‘only a minor role in
detecting offenders for the range of all crimes that they address, and a relatively small role in
detecting offenders for such crimes that come to the attention of police.’ The study found
that stop and search has ‘only a limited disruptive impact on crime by intercepting those
going out to commit offences:’ it was estimated that stop and search reduced the number of
‘disruptable’ crimes by 0.2 per cent. Broadening their analysis to look at the overall impact of
the use of the power, Miller at al. concluded that there is little evidence that stop and search
plays a significant role in controlling crime or in maintaining public order.

The low arrest and charge rates resulting from stop and search raises questions about how
well stop and search is being targeted at both institutional and officer level and whether the
power is being used lawfully. The rate of arrests resulting from PACE ‘reasonable suspicion’
searches provides us with a measure of how reasonable officers’ determination of suspicion
is. The evidence demonstrates that around 90 out of 100 recorded searches based on
suspicion are unsuccessful; in that they do not result in an arrest for the behaviour
suspected or any other reason. This was confirmed by the HMIC study that found that 27
per cent of the stop forms that they reviewed did not record reasonable grounds for
suspicion.

We can extrapolate from these findings that as many as 300,000 stop and
searches each year may be conducted without officers recording or being able to record
reasonable grounds for suspicion, rendering them unlawful

http://www.stop-watch.org/uploads/documents/StopWatch_consultation_final.pdf

I suggest you read it all Matti as it makes all your claims utterly absurd

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 pm

9-10% is still a lot of arrests, and it also acts as a considerable deterrent, which is indisputable.

Maybe the stop and search forms were not all filled in correctly, but that is just an argument for tightening up on the form filling being done better.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:9-10% is still a lot of arrests, and it also acts as a considerable deterrent, which is indisputable.

Maybe the stop and search forms were not all filled in correctly, but that is just an argument for tightening up on the form filling being done better.

How many are wrongful arrests and also many are not even documented and you think tht is acceptable to stop people not based upon good descriptions but if a person is of black skin.
Tell me do you only describe a white criminal by the skin colour alone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 4:23 pm

That doesn't make sense.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:That doesn't make sense.

No suprise there, as many Blacks are stopped based on a description of skin colour alone, something you clearly do not understand, so again are whites stopped based on skin colour alone? 

Hence why your views as seen are utterly absurd as even the Government has admitted this is a massive problem where blacks are stopped simply because of the colour of their skin.

I know you would get confused over something so simple

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 4:33 pm

That is completely ignoring the other factors involved, being actual crime reports in area, description of perpetrator, age/sex/height/build/clothing/behaviour etc, are they already known to police, acting suspiciously, changing direction of travel after seeing police have spotted them etc?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:That is completely ignoring the other factors involved, being actual crime reports in area, description of perpetrator, age/sex/height/build/clothing/behaviour etc, are they already known to police, acting suspiciously, changing direction of travel after seeing police have spotted them etc?

It is ignoring nothing, as you are the one ignoring the whole point of an individual being stopped on a description of skin colour alone, something you avoid at every turn which shows you cannot even answer in regards to white people being stopped on skin colour alone. Why does not the same happen with whites?
How much more evidence do you need to ignore?

DOH

Seriously you really end up destroying your own arguments

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:38 pm

The statistical data on racial disproportionality in stop and search is consistent with the very extensive research on racism, racial stereotyping and racial discrimination in police work. 
The literature shows that stereotyping is extensive, pervasive and consistent over time.

There is a widespread tendency for police officers to think of people from ethnic minorities as crime prone, disorderly and with tendencies towards violent behaviour and drug taking. John 
Newing, (who was President of ACPO and Chief Constable of Derbyshire at the time), in his evidence to the Lawrence Inquiry captured this well. He said, “In the police service there is a 
distinct tendency for officers to stereotype people. That creates problems in a number of areas, but particularly in the way officers deal with black people. Discrimination and unfairness are the result. I know because as a young police officer I was guilty of such 
behaviour”.

It has been acknowledged by senior police officers that criminal intelligence is often 
inaccurate or too imprecise to be of operational value.61
 Such intelligence is also frequently 
self-referential and self-reinforcing. That is, police officers target black people for stop and 
search and this yields evidence of involvement in crime (such as a high rate of arrests). This 
is then used as the basis for intelligence justifying the targeting of stop and search

Although the links are complex, it is clear that racially prejudiced attitudes affect the way in which people behave. Police officers are no exception. Hall et al argue that “while there is no automatic or straightforward link between racially prejudiced attitudes and language and discriminatory or differential behaviour… there is a consistency in the pervasive nature and expression of racial stereotypes and their influence on police expectations and behaviours”.

http://www.stop-watch.org/uploads/documents/StopWatch_consultation_final.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:That is completely ignoring the other factors involved, being actual crime reports in area, description of perpetrator, age/sex/height/build/clothing/behaviour etc, are they already known to police, acting suspiciously, changing direction of travel after seeing police have spotted them etc?
It is ignoring nothing, as you are the one ignoring the whole point of an individual being stopped on a description of skin colour alone, something you avoid at every turn which shows you cannot even answer in regards to white people being stopped on skin colour alone. Why does not the same happen with whites?
DOH

No I don't believe anyone is stopped just because of skin colour, that will be just part of a description of perpetrators of crimes the police are acting on and crime levels in The area.

Other factors will include height/build/age/sex/clothing/behaviour etc.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Didge wrote:
DOH

No I don't believe anyone is stopped just because of skin colour, that will be just part of a description of perpetrators of crimes the police are acting on and crime levels in The area.

://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 

Yet all the evidence states clearly it does happen, even from within the highest ranks of the Police admitting this

Dear me

:/pwn://:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Political correctness.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Political correctness.

://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 

Please you just proved what an idiot you are, no go and find a job

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No I don't believe anyone is stopped just because of skin colour, that will be just part of a description of perpetrators of crimes the police are acting on and crime levels in The area.

Shocked 

Dear me yet all the evidence proves you wrong, showing again you live with your head in the clouds, and are utterly clueless Matti, you can ignore this evidence, but it has been backed up from within the :Police forces themselves.

Sorry this is boring mow, your view offering no evidence to refute the countless studies and admittance from with the Police, showing your view is worthless

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Come on dodge!
You said.....
"so whites vastly commit more crime are stopped less because of it"
Prime example of how you try to fudge the figures.
Can you tell us how many stop and searches are done every year in total?
And how many are whites/blacks?
Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 5:23 pm

DRUG POLICING DISCRIMINATES AGAINST BLACK AND MINORITY ETHNIC GROUPS DESPITE THEIR LOWER RATES OF DRUG USE, A NEW REPORT REVEALS.
A report launched by LSE and Release today shows that drug policing is dominating stop and search, that much of this activity is focused on low level drug possession offences, and that black and Asian people are being disproportionately targeted.  Niamh Eastwood, Executive Director of Release and co-author of the report, states “this research shows that stop and search is not about finding guns or knives but about the police going out and actively looking for people who are in possession of a small amount of drugs, mainly cannabis”.

• Over 50% of stop and searches are for drugs, 10% are for offensive weapons and less than 1% are for guns .

• The police in England and Wales stop and search someone for drugs every 58 seconds.

• Of the more than half million stop and searches for drugs carried out in 2009/10 only 7% resulted in arrest.

• In 2009/10 there were 10 stop and searches for drugs for every 1,000 people in England and Wales.  Black people were stopped and searched for drugs at 6.3 times the rate of white people, while Asian people were stopped and searched for drugs at 2.5 times the rate and those identifying as mixed race were stopped and searched for drugs at twice the rate of white people. This is despite the fact that drug use is lower amongst  black and Asian people when compared to their white counterparts .

• Black people are arrested for a drugs offence at 6 times the rate of white people, and Asian people are arrested at almost twice the rate of the white.

• Black people are more likely to receive a harsher police response for possession of drugs . In 2009/10 78% of black people caught in possession of cocaine by the Metropolitan Police were charged for this offence and only 22% received cautions. In comparison 44% of white people were charged for the same offence and 56% received cautions.

• Black people caught in possession of cannabis by the Metropolitan Police are less likely to receive a cannabis warning than white people, and are charged at 5 times the rate of whites.

• Prosecutions for drug possession are at an all-time high and this is primarily being driven by cannabis possession. In 2010, the Crown Prosecution Service brought more prosecutions for possession of drugs than in any other year since the introduction of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 - 43,406 people were found guilty of drug possession. 60% of these prosecutions were for cannabis.

• Black people are subject to court proceedings for drug possession offences at 4.5 times the rate of whites, are found guilty of this offence at 4.5 times the rate, and are subject to immediate custody at 5 times the rate of white people.  

• Once they have been taken to court black people are less likely to be given a suspended prison sentence for drug offences than white people.

• Every year approximately 80,000 people in England and Wales are convicted or cautioned for possession of drugs.  In the 15 year period, 1996 to 2011, 1.2 million criminal records have been generated as a result of drug possession laws.  

Michael Shiner, co-author of the report and a senior lecturer in the department of social policy at the London School of Economics said: “It’s shocking that police officers are spending so much time targeting minor drug offences, rather than focusing on more serious matters. This is not the result of a carefully considered strategy, but is the unintended consequence of reforms that have created a perverse incentive structure, rewarding officers for going after easy pickings rather than doing good police work. While it is hard to see any benefits in terms of tackling serious crime or promoting public safety, there are real costs, including unnecessary infringements on people’s liberty, discrimination against minorities and loss of trust and confidence in the police.“
Eastwood goes on to say: “Black people are more likely to get a criminal record than white people, are more likely to be taken to court and are more likely to be fined or imprisoned for drug offences because of the way in which they are policed, rather than because they are more likely to use drugs. Despite calls for police reform of stop and search little has changed in the last 3 decades, this is why the Government needs to take action and change the law.  Decriminalisation of drug possession offences would end the needless stop and search of hundreds of thousands of innocent people every year and eliminate a significant source of discrimination with all its damaging consequences.”
 ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 5:27 pm

I want actual numbers dodge.

Total of stop and searches and total of whites/blacks stopped and searched.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next