NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears

+9
veya_victaous
Andy
gerber
Irn Bru
eddie
DrSchool
Lone Wolf
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
13 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 7 Empty Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:55 am

First topic message reminder :

This is just in...a Malaysia 777 Airliner, bound from Kuala Lampur to Bejing, has disappeared somewhere over Ho Chi Min airspace.

Just broke, so that's all I have.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 7 Empty Re: Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Sassy wrote:Crikey that made me laugh. The avatar is a painting I did some time ago, I'm glad you like it.

Really? You painted that?

It's wonderful. I do like it...a lot.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 7 Empty Re: Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:54 pm

gerber wrote:
Expert Believes Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight Being Held For Ransom

WASHINGTON (CBS NEWS/CBSDC) — Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 is no closer to being found as the disappearance of the Boeing 777 carrying 239 people nears its two-week mark.
Pilot suicide, terrorism and hijacking are some possibilities that are being theorized to the plane as the search area expanded to 7 million square miles. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said last week that “there are a number of possible scenarios that are being investigated as to what happened to the flight.”
Rick Mathews, of the National Center for Security & Preparedness at the Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy of SUNY Albany, tells CBSDC that there is another theory that should be put into play: the missing flight is being held for ransom by a group of individuals, maybe including people from the flight crew.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/03/19/expert-believes-missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-being-held-for-ransom/

I also find it incredible that Indonesia is not allowing search planes to fly into their airspace.

There seems to be a lot going on they are not allowed to talk about, they are even forbidden from talking about the information they received from other countries radar. It's not much wonder the families are in a state, but with something this unprescedented and such a huge area to cover, it will probably still be sheer luck if they find it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Sassy wrote:Crikey that made me laugh. The avatar is a painting I did some time ago, I'm glad you like it.

Really?  You painted that?

It's wonderful.  I do like it...a lot.

Well, thank you for that, most of my avatars are my paintings, including the eagle, which took me forever and nearly drove me nuts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Wow...you are good.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Didn't take it up until I retired, it's very consuming. Many thanks. Perhaps we should get back to the thread though lol

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:
Expert Believes Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight Being Held For Ransom

WASHINGTON (CBS NEWS/CBSDC) — Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 is no closer to being found as the disappearance of the Boeing 777 carrying 239 people nears its two-week mark.
Pilot suicide, terrorism and hijacking are some possibilities that are being theorized to the plane as the search area expanded to 7 million square miles. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said last week that “there are a number of possible scenarios that are being investigated as to what happened to the flight.”
Rick Mathews, of the National Center for Security & Preparedness at the Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy of SUNY Albany, tells CBSDC that there is another theory that should be put into play: the missing flight is being held for ransom by a group of individuals, maybe including people from the flight crew.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/03/19/expert-believes-missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-being-held-for-ransom/

I also find it incredible that Indonesia is not allowing search planes to fly into their airspace.

There seems to be a lot going on they are not allowed to talk about, they are even forbidden from talking about the information they received from other countries radar.    It's not much wonder the families are in a state, but with something this unprescedented and such a huge area to cover, it will probably still be sheer luck if they find it.    

Not so sure......... I think some do know far more than the sounfd bytes through the media as you say. I did hear very briefly today that Ho Chi Minh traffic control did alert the |Malay tower that the plane had not appeared on their tracking..... very soon after the handover. Malays did not act for several hours.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 pm

that just breaks my heart sky news video of a grief stricken relative being dragged away by officials , why won't they let her speak to reporters , and those cameras in their faces poor poor people  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 7 Empty ‘It took 2,000 years to find Noah’s Ark’

Post by Lurker Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:50 pm

In his Wednesday coverage of the new details, Hemmer pointed out to aviation attorney Salvatore Lagonia that the plane could have ended up in Pakistan or the Indian Ocean.
“Well, if I knew, I’d tell somebody,” Lagonia replied. “But obviously, it’s hard to tell where he went after that. Once he went below 5,000 feet and really tried to stay clear of radar, that plane could make even more turns.”
“So, what, it took us 100 years to find the Titanic?” Hemmer noted. “It took us 2,000 years to find Noah’s Ark. Do we ever find flight 370?”
“Oh, I think we find flight 370 much sooner than those two things, thank God,” Lagonia said. “Until then, it’s the greatest reality show in the world.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/19/fox-news-host-bill-hemmer-explains-missing-plane-it-took-2000-years-to-find-noahs-ark/
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

First, you are confusing the ACAR system and the transponder.  The transponder is what is right before the pilots.  AND...it was turned off before the co-pilot said good night, which was just before the change of course.

Second, GIG, the transponder switch has a setting for telling everyone the aircraft has been hijacked.  That selection was never made.

Quill, BBC news showed a video last night of a pilot switching off ACARS just by keying data into the flight management computer. Obviously they didn't show the keystroke sequences to do this but it clearly demonstrated that it can be done without the pilot having to get out of his seat. Switching it off stops ACARS transmitting it's data but it doesn't stop the pings going out and according to the BBC these were still going out for several hours until there was a complete black-out. To stop the pings does require access to the electronics bay to do this by removing a circuit breaker.

Good for the BBC.  Now do you want to listen to the experts?

You can shut down the ACAR system by computer, but that shuts down the whole system...ACARS means Aircraft and Communications and Reporting System.  Are you aware the system in this case continued to ping the satellite for 6-7 hours?  Oh, the BBC didn't tell you that fundamental fact??  What a shame.  

You wouldn't get that ping by shutting down the whole system.  You would get that by only disabling the circuit, but not the system connection.  The system didn't transmit data, but it continued to inquire the connection, as it should.  You've been listening to that idiot sassy, too much.  That or the BBC.  

The aircraft was made by Americans; its about time you asked the experts.

So which expert am I listening to? Is it you?

If you had taken time to read what I said you would see that I mentioned in my post that the pings were still taking place after ACARS was shut down and it's those pings that could could only be stopped by accessing the electronics bay so I was obviously aware of that fact
The pings were sent out by Inmarsat's equipment - and not that it matters to me but they are a British company so get on the phone to them and I'm sure they will explain to you how it all works.

Better still, here's the BBC report and if you watch it London based Chris McLaughlin from Inmarsat will explain it all there.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:17 pm

VOD(original) wrote:that just breaks my heart sky news video of a grief stricken relative being dragged away by officials , why won't they let her speak to reporters , and those cameras in their faces poor poor people  Sad 

Saw it live this AM. K Burley and cohost....... forget his name...................Both were almost in a state of shock.

Maybe it could be the moment of reckoning......

I take on board the Malaysians are a different culture to the west, the politics religion respect for authority entirely out of our comfort zone......But the Chinese also have a culture of what you need to know we will tell you. For the Chinese to be so animated and their Government be so vociferous in demanding information being made available does lend me to think an awful lot has been hidden, maybe to keep the Malaysians out of the blame scenario. At some point the money word will have to be discussed, possibly sooner rather than later as many families are now without income.

Who will be sued ? Maybe a too strong a word who will have to pay out the huge costs to the relatives ?

The Airline, the plane manufacturers, the software developers.............and I am certain many more can be listed, who will pay ?

Could be hard as as yet there are no deaths........
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:35 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good for the BBC.  Now do you want to listen to the experts?

You can shut down the ACAR system by computer, but that shuts down the whole system...ACARS means Aircraft and Communications and Reporting System.  Are you aware the system in this case continued to ping the satellite for 6-7 hours?  Oh, the BBC didn't tell you that fundamental fact??  What a shame.  

You wouldn't get that ping by shutting down the whole system.  You would get that by only disabling the circuit, but not the system connection.  The system didn't transmit data, but it continued to inquire the connection, as it should.  You've been listening to that idiot sassy, too much.  That or the BBC.  

The aircraft was made by Americans; its about time you asked the experts.

So which expert am I listening to? Is it you?

If you had taken time to read what I said you would see that I mentioned in my post that the pings were still taking place after ACARS was shut down and it's those pings that could could only be stopped by accessing the electronics bay so I was obviously aware of that fact
The pings were sent out by Inmarsat's equipment - and not that it matters to me but they are a British company so get on the phone to them and I'm sure they will explain to you how it all works.

Better still, here's the BBC report and if you watch it London based Chris McLaughlin from Inmarsat will explain it all there.

Yea, amazingly, some things aren't American!  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:43 am

according to the Daily Mirror two large objects spotted in the Indian Ocean could be debris from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Read it here...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flight-mh370-debris-near-australia-3258716

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:21 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Arrow     LATEST UPDATE :

Forget all of the irrelevant garbage that you read from the one_woeman-British-redirection Contingent on here, folks ~ and get the truth from down here, as always..

SEARCH is now being co-ordinated from an RAAF base in WA ~ rest of the world has come on board, agreeing that Malaysia is an un-sophisticated, under-educated, secretive and corrupt bag of shit, leaving sassy alone to scream their imaginary "merits" to the high heavens !

RAAF Orion plane has found debris in Indian Ocean, as yet still unidentified. Seaches over Indian Ocean are using Aussie, NZ and US aircfraft..

Aussie naval craft heading to search area.

CHINA told Aussie/US searchers on Tuesday that they have 21 satellites over the area, and can provide photo's ~ big questions now over WHY the Chinese military haven't been earlier forthcoming ~ aren't they keeping an eye on their satellites ?

THAI military yesterday revealed that they had also tracked plane until it disappeared ~ but hadn't come forward, as nobody had asked them !    Surprised

Seems the Aussies have already found something

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:48 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Evil or Very Mad    SASSY keeps on keeping on spouting her total bullshit on here ~ hasn't added a single worthwile item to this thread, doesn't know shite. AND YET she still has managed to hijack close to half this thread with her copied&pasted (and largely irelevant) garbage !  Stupid and uneducated cow always seems to have to have the last word, doesn't she...

:-:bravo:-: 

Ok ok Loner - that's enough.

Everybody can say what they want on here, and we can all poo-poo what they say, but going on and on at individuals is rather tiring.

Stop it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:36 am

Irn Bru wrote:according to the Daily Mirror two large objects spotted in the Indian Ocean could be debris from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Read it here...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flight-mh370-debris-near-australia-3258716

Found on Sunday....... And a cargo ship asked to redirect to the areas on Monday...... Still getting there, the distances are huge.

I have a little more belief in the Australians than the Malaysians.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:03 pm

A major search for two objects in the southern Indian Ocean that may be related to missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is being hampered by bad weather.

The objects were spotted by a satellite a few days ago and could potentially be debris from the Boeing 777.

The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) said they were a "reasonable size", with one around 24 metres in length and the other around five metres.

Four aircraft are involved in the search but rain and cloud has limited the visibility.

The country's prime minister Tony Abbott described the satellite sighting, about 1,550 miles (2,500km) southwest of Perth - or four hours by plane - as "credible" and a "potentially important development".

And Malaysia's transport minister Hishammuddin Hussein called it a "credible lead".

The objects were spotted in the southern part of the southern air corridor that investigators have been scouring over the last few days, along with a corridor further north......

"The task of locating these objects will be extremely difficult and it may turn out they are not related to search for MH370," Mr Abbott warned.

"Pings" from a number of large objects are believed to have been picked up by a US spotter plane.

A Norwegian merchant ship has arrived in the vicinity and the Australian naval vessel HMAS Success, which is capable of retrieving any debris, is some days away.........

The wider searches, including a northern corridor from northern Thailand to Kazakhstan, will go on until investigators are certain they have located the plane. Some 18 ships and 29 aircraft are taking part.

John Young, from the AMSA, cautioned the objects could be seaborne debris along a shipping route where containers can fall off cargo vessels, but the larger object is longer than a container.

The ocean there was around 5,000 metres deep, and My Young added visibility was poor and may hamper efforts to find the objects.

http://news.sky.com/story/1228904/plane-hunt-bad-weather-hits-search-for-objects

So frustrating with even the weather against them at the moment.

A first spotter flight by an Australian plane has so far been unable to locate them and has returned to base.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Sassy wrote:A major search for two objects in the southern Indian Ocean that may be related to missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is being hampered by bad weather.

The objects were spotted by a satellite a few days ago and could potentially be debris from the Boeing 777.

The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) said they were a "reasonable size", with one around 24 metres in length and the other around five metres.

Four aircraft are involved in the search but rain and cloud has limited the visibility.

The country's prime minister Tony Abbott described the satellite sighting, about 1,550 miles (2,500km) southwest of Perth - or four hours by plane - as "credible" and a "potentially important development".

And Malaysia's transport minister Hishammuddin Hussein called it a "credible lead".

The objects were spotted in the southern part of the southern air corridor that investigators have been scouring over the last few days, along with a corridor further north......

"The task of locating these objects will be extremely difficult and it may turn out they are not related to search for MH370," Mr Abbott warned.

"Pings" from a number of large objects are believed to have been picked up by a US spotter plane.

A Norwegian merchant ship has arrived in the vicinity and the Australian naval vessel HMAS Success, which is capable of retrieving any debris, is some days away.........

The wider searches, including a northern corridor from northern Thailand to Kazakhstan, will go on until investigators are certain they have located the plane. Some 18 ships and 29 aircraft are taking part.

John Young, from the AMSA, cautioned the objects could be seaborne debris along a shipping route where containers can fall off cargo vessels, but the larger object is longer than a container.

The ocean there was around 5,000 metres deep, and My Young added visibility was poor and may hamper efforts to find the objects.

http://news.sky.com/story/1228904/plane-hunt-bad-weather-hits-search-for-objects

So frustrating with even the weather against them at the moment.

A first spotter flight by an Australian plane has so far been unable to locate them and has returned to base.

The longer they take in the search the less likely they will find the debris still floating especially those sea conditions.

I doubt though the Australians would have gone public if they did not think the percentage of success was greater than that of finding anything.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:37 pm

As you say Gerbs, the longer the less chance and the latest update has them calling off the search for the night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:43 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
Evil or Very Mad    SASSY keeps on keeping on spouting her total bullshit on here ~ hasn't added a single worthwile item to this thread, doesn't know shite. AND YET she still has managed to hijack close to half this thread with her copied&pasted (and largely irelevant) garbage !  Stupid and uneducated cow always seems to have to have the last word, doesn't she...

:-:bravo:-: 

Everybody can say what they want on here, and we can all poo-poo what they say, but going on and on at individuals is rather tiring.

Stop it!

Andy, do you see it as your sole mission to sow discord on this site?

Totally irrelevant post...waste of breath.

As of this am there have been two reports of sightings of debris. The Ozzies have reported one. And, a UFAF P-8 sub-hunter has spotted two pieces, one 75' long and one about 15' in size, about 1,500-miles SW of Perth, in the Southern Indian Ocean.

Since the prevaling tides are eastward, and it has been 10-11 days, it is roughly estimated that the impact site--meaning debris field--is much closer to the African coast.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Stop it!

Andy, do you see it as your sole mission to sow discord on this site?

Totally irrelevant post...waste of breath.

As of this am there have been two reports of sightings of debris.  The Ozzies have reported one.  And, a UFAF P-8 sub-hunter has spotted two pieces, one 75' long and one about 15' in size, about 1,500-miles SW of Perth, in the Southern Indian Ocean.  Since the prevaling tides are eastward, and it has bee 10-11 days, it is roughly estimated that the impact site--meaning debris field--is much closer to the African coast.

Actually for once BA was trying to stop the discord, so many people are pissed off with Bee's rants.

Back to the subject, lets see whether it is part of the plane before we start talking about an impact site. The other debris they found wasn't and there is an awful lot of debris in the sea from all kinds of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Andy never intends peace on this forum. He sees it as the enemy's platform.

The P-8 I alluded to has just landed back in Perth--it's a 4-hour trip out to the site and a 4-hour trip back--and it is now night time, so we will have to wait.

China also claims to have satellite photos of the floating debris.

Sass, if you're not interested in the thread, why don't you move on.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:54 pm

You cheeky bastard, who the hell do you think you are?

We don't know if the debris is the plane, we don't even know it crashed yet, and everyone is interested in the situation and hoping the relatives will have closure.

Take your own bloody advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Oh, so you see the answer is to stifle talk about a possible development.

I repeat, you go ahead and wait until morning. In the meantime, we'll continue our interests in any development that comes along.

Australia has a couple of research ships heading to the location. By chance, a Norwegian freighter is in the vicinity and is moving on to the precise location.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:07 pm

An operation to find possible debris from the missing Malaysian plane has ended for the day without success amid limited visibility.
by Sunita.Patel 3:59 PM

http://news.sky.com/story/1228912/latest-on-search-for-plane-debris

video on link, just over an hour ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:Oh, so you see the answer is to stifle talk about a possible development.

I repeat, you go ahead and wait until morning.  In the meantime, we'll continue our interests in any development that comes along.

Australia has a couple of research ships heading to the location.  By chance, a Norwegian freighter is in the vicinity and is moving on to the precise location.

If that is the plane Quill, wouldnt Australian radar have picked it up or is it too remote?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Apparently, Nems, the plane flew over land points under radar...that would be under 2,000 feet. At least that's what they were discussing this morning, on Good Morning America.

Furthermore, it is my understanding that most defense radar only reaches--or only needs to reach--about 200-miles off shore. This is 1,400-miles off shore, almost equidistant between Australia and Africa.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:Apparently, Nems, the plane flew over land points under radar...that would be under 2,000 feet.  At least that's what they were discussing this morning, on Good Morning America.

Furthermore, it is my understanding that most defense radar only reaches--or only needs to reach--about 200-miles off shore.  This is 1,400-miles off shore, almost equidistant between Australia and Africa.
If thats it I wonder what the hell it was doing there
?

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:Apparently, Nems, the plane flew over land points under radar...that would be under 2,000 feet.  At least that's what they were discussing this morning, on Good Morning America.

Furthermore, it is my understanding that most defense radar only reaches--or only needs to reach--about 200-miles off shore.  This is 1,400-miles off shore, almost equidistant between Australia and Africa.

That's the bit I don't get re under the radar, because where the debris has been sighted is almost the max the plane could have flown to at normal flying altitude. The higher up the less fuel, so the lower means less distance available.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:11 pm

gerber wrote:

That's the bit I don't get re under the radar, because where the debris has been sighted is almost the max the plane could have flown to at normal flying altitude.  The higher up the less fuel, so the lower means less distance available.

I dont think we will ever get to the bottom of this tragedy tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Any number of things could have gone wrong. Any number of miscalculations could have been made. Certain things we do know:

1) Someone in control of flight 370, was trying to avoid detection. This would be consistent with trying to avoid radar detection.

2) Someone in control of flight 370, was trying to go very, vary far...perhaps Madagascar, if not Africa. The strong point we may deduce is, you don't just want to commit suicide and yet fly that far...that makes no sense. And, you don't go to all that trouble to avoid detection, if you are just going to fly into the drink. Some plan was afoot...that's my calculation.

3) Perhaps a mistake was made. Perhaps fuel was misjudged. Perhaps distance. Perhaps some other pilot error.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:Any number of things could have gone wrong.  Any number of miscalculations could have been made.  Certain things we do know:

1) Someone in control of flight 370, was trying to avoid detection.  This would be consistent with trying to avoid radar detection.

2) Someone in control of flight 370, was trying to go very, vary far...perhaps Madagascar, if not Africa.  The strong point we may deduce is, you don't just want to commit suicide and yet fly that far...that makes no sense.  And, you don't go to all that trouble to avoid detection, if you are just going to fly into the drink.  Some plan was afoot...that's my calculation.

3) Perhaps a mistake was made.  Perhaps fuel was misjudged.  Perhaps distance.  Perhaps some other pilot error.

All good points, seems so planned to have been ended by a miscalculation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:27 pm

And another theory:

Malaysia Airlines MH370: Cairo 777 cockpit fire could yield clues to missing plane
Experts believe a fire in the cockpit of a Boeing 777 at Cairo Airport in July 2011 holds the key to the mystery of MH370

By David Millward, US Correspondent and Magdy Samaan in Cairo

4:50PM GMT 20 Mar 2014

A “blow torch” fire which led to a Boeing 777 being written off could explain the disappearance of the Malaysia airlines jet.

The blaze, which started as the Egyptair jet with 291 passengers on board prepared to depart for Jeddah, caused extensive damage to the cockpit and fuselage.

Passengers and crew were evacuated safely but investigators pinpointed a problem with the cockpit hose used to provide oxygen for the crew in the event of decompression.

It is believed a short circuit caused the pipes to ignite, causing extensive damage to the plane.

“In simple terms, this fault can cause a blowtorch type fire that will melt aluminium in a matter of seconds,” said James Healy-Pratt, an aviation lawyer and qualified pilot.

The Federal Aviation Authority in Washington and the European Aviation Safety Agency issued directives to airlines under their control.

It required the oxygen hoses on the bulk of the 777 fleet to be replaced with an alternative which did not conduct electricity.

The FAA estimated carrying out the work would cost $2,596 (£1,573) per aircraft.

It is unclear whether similar instructions were issued by regulators in Malaysia.

Boeing said it would be inappropriate to discuss what modifications were made to the global 777 fleet or what advice it sent to airlines in the aftermath of the Cairo fire.

There is growing belief that an on-board fire could explain what happened to the plane, rather than an act of terrorism.

“We believe that in due course, the crew will be regarded as heroes rather than villains, and we sincerely hope the Black Boxes will contain the data to back that up, and to prevent further needless loss of life,” Mr Healy-Pratt added.

Chris Goodfellow, a Canadian qualified pilot and aviation blogger, also voiced support for the on-board fire theory.

A cockpit fire, he argued, could have led to the crew disconnecting the communications system as they tried to isolate the cause.

The blaze could have knocked out the communications system, which would explain why the aircraft lost contact.

An emergency of this kind would also explain the sudden change of course, with the pilot making an abrupt turn to reach the nearest suitable landing, a 13,000-foot runway at Pulau Langkawi.

But having changed course, the crew are likely to have been overcome from the fumes emanating from the fire.

This would have led the aircraft to continue on autopilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed.

However Shaheer Magdy Abdel Sayyed, the pilot on the Egyptair flight where the fire took place, saw significant differences between the two incidents.

The problem happened with my aircraft at the ground. If the same problem happened while the plane flying it will not last for too long before it fall.''

"It was very fortunate for me and for the passengers and the crew that it was in the ground but if it happened while the plane flying there will not be any flying, the plane will not fly all that distance and will fall immediately in its location"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10711590/Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-Cairo-777-cockpit-fire-could-yield-clues-to-missing-plane.html

Who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Sassy wrote:And another theory:

Malaysia Airlines MH370: Cairo 777 cockpit fire could yield clues to missing plane
Experts believe a fire in the cockpit of a Boeing 777 at Cairo Airport in July 2011 holds the key to the mystery of MH370

Some comments on a fire by experts I have heard:

1) If it was a flash, or quick fire, the plane wouldn't have gone so long.

2) If is was a slow moving fire, you would expect a bit more randomness in the sequence of failures. The 777 apparently has over 100-miles of wiring. (It's really the first commercial fly-by-wire aircraft.) Who knows which wire is next to which wire...and hence, which operational failure would occur when.

3) This is a pattern of non-randomness, if that is a word. Not only that, there would be words. Surely alarms would be going off it there was a fire. Fire's one of the cardinal dangers they guard against. The rules of flying are (in order): aviate; navigate; communicate.

4) Here, the facts show we have a shut-down of the ACAR system. Then a co-pilot is saying 'good-bye' with no alarm in his voice. In fact, there is no alarm detected in the background. Then a few minutes later, the turning off of the transponder. Somewhere in there, was a preprogrammed course change. Then there is what appears to be intelligent flying, such as altitude changes, course changes, and efforts to sustain a long flight. There is what appears to be intelligent radar avoidance.

Those are some of the comments made by pilots and crash investigators.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:55 pm

As I said, who knows, until and if they find the black box, which seems rather unlikely at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Quite right. The ocean there is miles deep. It is speculated that even if they find the debris trail, they will have to inspect with deep sea rovers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Search for MH370 debris to resume at dawn as experts warn of poor weather

Malaysian authorities warn of lengthy process after Australian and US aircraft unable to find objects detected on satellite

Thursday 20 March 2014 20.13 GMT

Military aircraft and ships were due to resume their hunt for possible debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 at dawn, but experts warned strong currents and poor weather conditions in the southern Indian Ocean were likely to make the search a long and arduous process.

Australian and US aircraft dispatched to the area could not find the objects, which were detected in images captured four days ago, and search operations ended as night fell on the region.

Malaysia’s transport minister described the pictures, which showed objects estimated to be between five to 24 metres (16ft to 79ft) long, as a credible lead in the 12-day search for flight MH370. But nothing has so far been found.

The captain of the first Australian air force AP-3C Orion plane to return from the search area described the weather conditions as extremely bad, with rough seas and high winds, and with poor visibility. A US Poseidon P-8 aircraft also drew a blank.

The Hoegh St Petersburg, a Norwegian car carrier that was the first ship to arrive in an area 2,500km (1,500 miles) south-west of Perth where two objects cited as potential parts of MH370 were sighted, continued searching through the hours of darkness.

“We will continue searching during the night at reduced speed and with all spotlights available, and we will increase the speed again when the light comes back,” Ingar Skiaker, chief executive of Hoegh Autoliners, told a news conference in Oslo.

Despite the inconclusive results of Thursday’s search, Australia’s prime minister, Tony Abbott – who revealed the satellite image analysis earlier on Thursday – said that the discovery could be a major breakthrough.

“We don’t know what that satellite saw until we can get a much better, much closer look at it but this is the first tangible breakthrough in what up till now has been an utterly baffling mystery,” Abbott said.

But the Australian defence minister, David Johnston, appeared more circumspect. “Expectations will obviously be built. I want to say that let’s just be patient and try and find out what this satellite reference is,” Johnston told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

“[The southern Indian Ocean] is an extraordinarily remote part of the world … This is a very difficult logistical problem. We’re several days away, I think, from really having an idea of the credibility and veracity of this report.”

Asked if he thought this was the best lead in the search so far, Johnston said: “Well, there’s been several ‘best leads’ along the way. It’s almost a fortnight since this aircraft went off the radar. I think this is a potentially credible sighting that must be investigated but let’s just not get our hopes up. There’s a lot of debris in the water out there. It’s a very long way away.”

Professor Alexander Babanin, director of the Centre for Ocean Engineering, Science and Technology at Swinburne University of Technology in Australia, said that the search was taking place in an area of deep ocean and strong currents, where waves can reach up to six metres in stormy weather.

He noted that floating debris could have been carried 100km away from their position in the satellite photographs, an estimate based on looking at average conditions.

Fragments could be spread over 50km or so, and material suspended beneath the surface could be carried perhaps even further, because ocean currents can be stronger than wave-induced currents, he said.

The search for the Boeing 777 has drawn in assets and expertise from 26 countries. The Royal Australian Navy ship HMAS Success is expected to arrive in the search area within a few days and the Ministry of Defence confirmed that the UK was sending HMS Echo, a coastal survey ship.

On Wednesday, US president Barack Obama said finding out what happened to the Beijing-bound flight was a top priority for the United States, adding: “It’s a big piece of planet that we’re searching and sometimes these things take time, but we hope and pray that we can get to the bottom of what happened.”

MH370 vanished shortly after taking off from Kuala Lumpur early on 8 March with 239 people on board. Officials have said they believe it was deliberately diverted from its route to Beijing, but have not ruled out a catastrophic event.

Hishammuddin Hussein, Malaysia’s transport minister, said of the possible debris: “Any leads that we receive must be corroborated and verified, because if found false not only will it jeopardise our search but it will give false hope to the families.”

He said the search was continuing in both the northern and southern search arcs delineated by analysis of satellite data, which sweep north to Kazakhstan and down to the southern Indian Ocean, across 2.24m square nautical miles of land and sea.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/20/mh370-debris-search-indian-ocean-dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Is passenger Phillip Wood and others still alive after flight 370 was hijacked then taken to a secret U.S. military base located on a remote island in the Indian Ocean?

INDIAN OCEAN (INTELLIHUB) — According to freelance journalist Jim Stone, one of the American passengers, Phillip Wood, a technical storage executive at IBM, who was aboard the now missing Malaysian Airlines flight, keystered his iPhone 5 in his anus after the Boeing 777 carrying 239 people was hijacked by military personnel while on route to China.

Amazingly, Stone claims that metadata within the photo yields evidence confirming “100 percent” that Phillip Wood sent the photo, along with a brief voice activated text, from GPS coordinates which put Wood only a few miles away from the U.S. controlled Diego Garcia military base which is located on an island south of the Maldives in the Indian Ocean. In his post Stone claims that the coordinates may be off by a few miles (see update below post), proving that the iPhone actually sent the otherwise blank black picture revealing nothing else. Stone speculates the picture was taken in a dark room or in some position in which Wood’s hands were bound.

As reported by Stone, the picture was posted along with the following text allegedly from Wood:

“I have been held hostage by unknown military personal after my flight was hijacked (blindfolded). I work for IBM and I have managed to hide my cellphone in my ass during the hijack. I have been separated from the rest of the passengers and I am in a cell. My name is Philip Wood. I think I have been drugged as well and cannot think clearly.”

Strangely the blank black image labeled “1395192158752.jpg” contains the following metadata:

http://intellihub.com/freelance-journalist-hijacked-flight-370-passenger-sent-photo-hidden-iphone-tracing-back-secret-u-s-military-base-diego-garcia/

There is much more...
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:45 pm

I have heard of sightings of plane near Maldives.

interesting stuff there Gerber!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:47 pm

I read that there was one near Mauritius.

Suspect...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Gerbs, how can I put this without being off putting.   If someone stuck a cell phone up their bottom, it would slide upwards and they wouldn't be able to retrieve it unless they had some sort of string attached to it, I very much doubt he would be able to do that.   People end up in hospital for less.   Plus, not literally, but think about it, try putting something up your bottom discretely, while dressed and being watched (because they would not have let him use the loo lol)

Anything, but anything is possible.   Probable, not very likely in my book.

If true would be fantastic for the relatives, but I doubt it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Maybe he was a fat yank and meant that he had wedged it up his arse cheeks.

I'm sure you could hide a lot between your arse cheeks Sassy!

Smile

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Residents on a remote island in Maldives claim they saw a ‘low-flying jumbo jet’ matching the description of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane in the hours after it disappeared.
Several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo, in Dhaalu Atoll, said they saw a white aircraft with red stripes flying so low over the island the plane’s doors were clearly visible.
Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise at about 6.15am local time on March 8 and saw a plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Addu – the southern tip of Maldives, it is reported.
The alleged sighting – around 2,000 miles away from Kuala Lumpur – came hours after Beijing-bound flight MH370 vanished on the same day with 239 people on board.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/18/flight-mh370-residents-on-remote-island-in-maldives-saw-jet-matching-missing-malaysia-airlines-planes-description-4640688/

Also......

MH370 could have been kidnapped to get to the technical brain-trust on board - 20 Freescale Semiconductor employees travelling to China. Freescale attracted attention because it is a Texas-based technology firm that develops components for hi-tech weapons systems and aircraft navigation among other things.
Interestingly, that leading innovative company has been oddly unwilling to provide information on the missing people. Only the nationalities of the employees were made public: 12 of them were from Malaysia and eight from China. However, Freescale has persistently declined to release their identities. "Out of respect for the families' privacy during this difficult time, we will not be releasing the names of the employees who were on board the flight at this time," Freescale spokeswoman Jacey Zuniga said.
Nevertheless, Mitch Haws, Freescale's vice president, described them as "people with a lot of experience and technical background," adding that "they were very important." According to Reuters, the vanished employees were engineers or specialists involved in projects to streamline and cut costs at key manufacturing facilities in China and Malaysia.
Beforeitsnews.com alleged that "it is conceivable that the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane is "cloaked," hiding with hi-tech electronic warfare weaponry that exists and is used. The website points out that that is the type of technology that Freescale Semiconductor develops.
Where were the people taken? Conspiracy theorists believe the passengers of flight MH370 are being held at Diego Garcia, a strategically important and secret US base near the Maldives. It is a remote island in the middle of the Indian Ocean and it has a runway long enough to land a Boeing 777. Could it have been a coincidence that this destination was programmed into the home flight simulator of captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, the pilot of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane?

According to the Daily Mail, residents of the Kuda Huvadhoo island, the Maldives, reported seeing a plane on the morning of the disappearance of MH370. Eyewitness told the British tabloid: "I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly. It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too."

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_03_31/MH370-kept-hidden-at-top-secret-US-military-base-media-reports-8550/

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:13 pm

he have a huge anus not being funny but an iphone and imagine sitting down afterwards  affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:29 pm

VOD(original) wrote:he have a huge anus not being funny but an iphone and imagine sitting down afterwards  affraid

if anyone called it, that would be a real ring tone...lol.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Sassy wrote:Gerbs, how can I put this without being off putting.   If someone stuck a cell phone up their bottom, it would slide upwards and they wouldn't be able to retrieve it unless they had some sort of string attached to it, I very much doubt he would be able to do that.   People end up in hospital for less.   Plus, not literally, but think about it, try putting something up your bottom discretely, while dressed and being watched (because they would not have let him use the loo lol)

Anything, but anything is possible.   Probable, not very likely in my book.

If true would be fantastic for the relatives, but I doubt it.

You are not off putting.

So may I continue.................

Thank you so much !!  flower 

Having put this up, I was then thinking to my very little self in my thoughtful spot

All the navy boats including our biggest and most able submarine are now in or near those waters......................

Looking for debris or waiting for the shout to go ......... Diego Garcia.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:30 pm

If that ship made Diego Garcia....

....all that milling about in the south Indian Ocean has a purpose.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:38 pm

do you think the next advert for the iphone five will include the ease it inserts in to the anus...

maybe not eh.... Smile 

les would be out buying it straight away along with spcial ringtones... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm

I still wanna know how many Sassy could hide in her arse cheeks!

Smile

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next