NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears

+9
veya_victaous
Andy
gerber
Irn Bru
eddie
DrSchool
Lone Wolf
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
13 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 3 Empty Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:55 am

First topic message reminder :

This is just in...a Malaysia 777 Airliner, bound from Kuala Lampur to Bejing, has disappeared somewhere over Ho Chi Min airspace.

Just broke, so that's all I have.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 3 Empty Re: Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Maybe it was forced to land like some have suggested and they are negotiating , far fetched i know but i just want to think those people are found safe , but i feel that's probably not going to happen , there is always hope .

Back to top Go down

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 3 Empty Re: Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears

Post by gerber Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:12 am

VOD(original) wrote:Maybe it was forced to land like some have suggested and they are negotiating , far fetched i know but i just want to think those people are found safe , but i feel that's probably not going to happen , there is always hope .

VOD we have very rarely agreed, but I somewhere deep down in my non brain have the same thoughts........

No sight, no sound can't quite take it.

And what about all the smart phones with sensors...... GPS whatever....... seems incredible to me......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:14 am

I hope, for the sake of the friends and families, that it doesn't end up a case that is never solved until years later, by chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:15 am

Not quite the one I mentioned earlier but here is an example of a hijacked airliner being landed in a remote jungle area

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 3 _318679_plane300

World: Americas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/317692.stm
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:18 am

Sassy wrote:I hope, for the sake of the friends and families, that it doesn't end up a case that is never solved until years later, by chance.

With the technology out there that we don't even know of its' existence I doubt it will go on for that long. The Chinese are getting impatient...... They hear what we hear and they are saying information is being withheld....... They know far more than is being aired and the Chinese are not mugs................ Quite the opposite.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:58 am

They seem to be working on the theory that the transponder that needed to be switched on for civilian radar, was switched off just before the plane turned. Military radar doesn't require a transponder, which it why the military are saying that they tracked it when it turned and for 2 hours afterwards.

It also appears that the phones are still ringing:

According to the Washington Post, family of some of the 239 people on board the vanished Boeing 777 said that they were getting ring tones and could see them active online through a Chinese social networking service called QQ.

One man said that the QQ account of his brother-in-law showed him as online, but frustratingly for those waiting desperately for any news, messages sent have gone unanswered and the calls have not been picked up.

Separately, the search for any trace of the missing airliner has now shifted to the Straits of Malacca, at least 100 miles away from where it was last recorded by electronic monitoring devices.

The dramatic shift raises the possibility that it flew undetected, crossing mainland Malaysia, before ditching into the sea.

However the phantom phone calls and online presence set off a whole new level of hysteria for relatives who have spent the past three-days cooped-up in a Beijing hotel waiting for some concrete information on the missing plane.

Repeatedly telling Malaysian Airlines officials about the QQ accounts and ringing telephone calls, they hoped that modern technology could simply triangulate the GPS signal of the phones and locate their relatives.

However, according to Singapore's Strait Times, a Malaysia Airlines official, Hugh Dunleavy has confirmed to families that his company had tried to call the cellphones of crew members and they too had also rang out.

He is reported to have told relatives that those phone numbers have been turned over to Chinese authorities.

One man who had asked police to come to his house and see the active QQ account on his computer was devastated to see that by Monday afternoon it had switched to inactive.

According to China.org.cn, 19 families of those missing have signed a joint statement confirming that their calls connected to their loved ones but that they rang out.

So is it possible it flew back across Malaysia and landed, which would explain why the phones were still ringing, if it landed but they were confiscated?

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:03 am

Would a mobile phone that had been say dropped in a sink full of water still give a ringing out tone...... a day or days later ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 am

gerber wrote:Would a mobile phone that had been say dropped in a sink full of water still give a ringing out tone......  a day or days later ?

if it was in air pocket maybe. but you would think the signal would be pretty degraded to pass through any reasonable depth of water.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:10 am

But the phone itself doesn't have to be functioning in order for the caller to think it's ringing, right? I mean, if you called someone and they had their phone turned off/dunked/destroyed, you'd just go to their voicemail, wouldn't you?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:But the phone itself doesn't have to be functioning in order for the caller to think it's ringing, right? I mean, if you called someone and they had their phone turned off/dunked/destroyed, you'd just go to their voicemail, wouldn't you?

depends on the carrier, we get a different tone/message for ringing, off, engaged or unknown/uncontactable
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:00 am

As Irn makes clear, the hardware is up to date. They are on it, so to speak. This is what makes Malaysia the chief suspicion in this mix.

Given the best equipment, given the best knowledge, yet they still can't come up with an answer. Any other country would know what happened by now. Even France knew what happened with Flight 447 within 3-days.

Did Malaysia shoot down its own airliner? Did the about-turn cause confusion with a poorly-trained Malaysian military? At this point these are not wild speculations.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 am

gerber wrote:Would a mobile phone that had been say dropped in a sink full of water still give a ringing out tone......  a day or days later ?

not as far i know they can't receive a signal if more than a couple of feet under water .

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:06 am

On Sky last night they had an expert in a simulator ......................... His theory was maybe the cockpit decompressed rapidly whilst the crew were turning round. On the heading the military had ( Though just been withdrawn ) with the amount of fuel on board the plane could fly on autopilot for over 3000 miles. That would take into the Indian Ocean
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:11 am

scary , the families must be in agony not knowing what 's happened

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:33 am

gerber wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:Maybe it was forced to land like some have suggested and they are negotiating , far fetched i know but i just want to think those people are found safe , but i feel that's probably not going to happen , there is always hope .

VOD we have very rarely agreed, but I somewhere deep down in my non brain have the same thoughts........

No sight, no sound can't quite take it.

And what about all the smart phones with sensors......  GPS whatever.......  seems incredible to me......

yes your right , but its day 5 now and still nothing  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 am

My son was checking his iphone last week and through the tracking it showed everywhere he had gone for the last few days, it is hard to believe that all the passengers on that plane could have there software blocked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:05 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

I know who it was aimed at, I just don't think what he said was RACIST.

The area Sassy.  The area.

EDIT:  part of the world!

Twisted Evil  I agree wholeheartedly, B'Andy...

Sassy can never resist sticking her demented oars in and demonstrating her abject ignorance over these matters..

Over and over again !

Sassy is posting pure bullshit right across this thread..    Suspect

MALAYSIA is one of the least "sophisticated" and most backward countries in Asia ~ more akin to Hong Kong or the Philippines, and the stellar opposite of Singapore, S. Korea or Taiwan.

AND the Malaysian people still remain the most racist I've yet encountered from out of that part of the world..

Basketball

Oh shut up Bee, I've lived there, they could never be described as racist.

And your above post shows you know as little about Malaysia as Quill does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 am

gerber wrote:On Sky last night they had an expert in a simulator .........................  His theory was maybe the cockpit decompressed rapidly whilst the crew were turning round.  On the heading the military had ( Though just been withdrawn ) with the amount of fuel on board the plane could fly on autopilot for over 3000 miles.  That would take into the Indian Ocean

I think they are just wracking their brains for anything Gerbs.

If the transponder hadn't been turned off it would have made tracking them so much easier, but with it turned off the civilian radar, no matter how sophisticated, is useless, which was why they had to turn to the military one. Who knows why it was turned off at that point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:33 pm

lots of speculation but nothing accounts for all possible events, I'm going with hijack and demands to come... but who knows...whoever said why do they make it possible to switch of the tracker i agree it should be part of the vital systems that are active as long as the plane is..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Sassy wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:

Twisted Evil  I agree wholeheartedly, B'Andy...

Sassy can never resist sticking her demented oars in and demonstrating her abject ignorance over these matters..

Over and over again !

Sassy is posting pure bullshit right across this thread..    Suspect

MALAYSIA is one of the least "sophisticated" and most backward countries in Asia ~ more akin to Hong Kong or the Philippines, and the stellar opposite of Singapore, S. Korea or Taiwan.

AND the Malaysian people still remain the most racist I've yet encountered from out of that part of the world..

Basketball

Oh shut up Bee, I've lived there, they could never be described as racist.

And your above post shows you know as little about Malaysia as Quill does.

Having lived there for quite some time while doing charity work, I can confirm that they are rather unsophisticated when it comes to technology.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Sassy wrote:Back to the plane.   Malaysia has a very sophisticated radar system and the reason it doesn't extend out is because countries work out between them by agreement where their radar will take over. and takeover points.   My Dad helped set up the radar systems in Malaysia and Singapore many years ago and it was handed on to people who knew exactly what they were doing.   Quill seems to think that anything east of Europe knows nothing, a great failing of his.   ATT (Advanced Air Traffic Control Systems) have a very large company base in Selengor Malaysia, and are one of the leading companies in the world in Air Traffic Systems.

Oh?

How many years ago?

And when did you live there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:14 pm

As Irn said:

The Royal Malaysian Air Force have one of the most advanced radar systems in the world capable of tracking and identifying aircraft over a wide geographical area. In fact, it's made by Thales Raytheon Systems in Fullerton, California and Massy in France in a joint program between the two companies and it's pratically the same spec as used by the US and Canadian armed forces.
Malaysia also just recently spent 28 Million Euros upgrading it's ATC systems to provide an interface between the RMAF ATC and the civil ATC so any suggestion that Malaysia has inferior radar systems is nothing short of a joke.,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:21 pm

As expected - you were there when you were 5 years old, approximately 60 years ago then. Probably wouldn't be exposed to the racism of Malaysians.

And that was when your dad helped set up the modern radar system.

Ahem.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Sassy wrote:As Irn said:

The Royal Malaysian Air Force have one of the most advanced radar systems in the world capable of tracking and identifying aircraft over a wide geographical area. In fact, it's made by Thales Raytheon Systems in Fullerton, California and Massy in France in a joint program between the two companies and it's pratically the same spec as used by the US and Canadian armed forces.
Malaysia also just recently spent 28 Million Euros upgrading it's ATC systems to provide an interface between the RMAF ATC and the civil ATC so any suggestion that Malaysia has inferior radar systems is nothing short of a joke.,

Thank god - the way you made it out, daddy's "modern radar system" was still being pulled around by a donkey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 3 Zac-sh10
And despite it's age, the Malaysian's are very proud of their radar system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm

You try Andy, but you never succeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:02 pm

My inclination at the mo is also hyjack...................

Lots of jungle out there and many runways if you know where to look......... Planes used to hidden for years.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm beginning to think that is the only possible explanation, especially as the transponder was turned off. It may also explain why they are not being forthcoming with some things if they are negotiating in secret.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:06 pm

gerber wrote:My inclination at the mo is also hyjack...................

Lots of jungle out there and many runways if you know where to look.........  Planes used to hidden for years.

White supremacists maybe?

EDL? UKIP?

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Gave up this am waiting to listen to the press briefing.........................

Did anything important or new emerge if and when it finally took place ?

Can understand the Chineses impatience

And no to the white supremacy......... Evil or Very Mad 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:25 pm

gerber wrote:Gave up this am waiting to listen to the press briefing.........................

More likely to muslims, right gerbs?

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:29 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
gerber wrote:Gave up this am waiting to listen to the press briefing.........................

More likely to muslims, right gerbs?

I have an open mind on this............................. Muslims though me thinks unlikely been too quiet
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:57 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 3 Zac-sh10

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Could YOU solve the mystery of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight? Satellite images made public to help locate MH370 jet
The high-resolution satellite images were captured by DigitalGlobe
Over 25,000 people have already signed up to help search for the plane
The popularity of the search has caused the site to repeatedly crash
Approximately 1,300 sq miles of imagery has been uploaded onto the site
More images are being added as and when they become available
One user believes he has found what appears to be a underwater wreckage
Sighting is now being investigated by experts to confirm its authenticity

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2579064/Could-YOU-solve-mystery-missing-Malaysia-Airlines-flight-Satellite-images-public-help-locate-MH370-jet.html#ixzz2vmA3Sx5R
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Typical US or something serious..........
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Chinese think they've found it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579524/Chinese-satellite-finds-suspected-crash-site-Malaysian-Airlines-flight-370-South-China-Sea-did-three-days-release-them.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:56 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Chinese think they've found it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579524/Chinese-satellite-finds-suspected-crash-site-Malaysian-Airlines-flight-370-South-China-Sea-did-three-days-release-them.html

Those poor families all that waiting , if that is it i hope nobody suffered i can't bare to think they did  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Malaysia Airlines 777 disappears - Page 3 Zac-sh10

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Smile 

Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:04 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Smile 

Laughing 
loll i have only just noticed that , i know its no laughing matter but that did make me chuckle Andy  ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Sassy wrote:

OMG!   Which just shows the ignorance and the mindset of the poster.   Racist or what!!!!!!!!

Shocked 

Poor old vixen ! It appears Sassy's drunk or stoned (or both...) again...

Making her usual exagerrated and libellous lies against her oppostion whenever she finds herself losing the plot like this..

(I've lost count of the number of times sassy has attempted to make her rabidly false claims of racism, sexism or plagiarism against me as well, over these past few weeks and months..).   ::dedhrs:: 

I reckon it's gone well past the last due date for her to be returned to the mental ward, and to have her med's suitably adjusted..

Sassy should just be thankful that she's not in one of those places (like Malaysia..) that lack the social welfare and healthcare networks that we all tend to take for granted these days ~ and where they're more likely to park the demented oldies out the back and out of site...    ::zomb::

InternationalLiving.com’s annual Global Retirement Index reports that France, Uruguay and Malaysia provide the best and most affordable health care in the world.
The Health Care category in the Index considers the cost of care and the quality. Also considered are the number of people per doctor, the number of hospital beds per 1,000 people, the percentage of the population with access to safe water, the infant mortality rate, life expectancy, and public-health expenditure as a percentage of a country’s GDP.
Malaysia placed third for health care in InternationalLiving.com’s Retirement Index. It has gained fame as a medical-tourism destination as its health care is among the best and cheapest in the world. Medical expertise here is equal to or better than what it is in most Western countries.
Wiki also gives you a good run down on healthcare in Malaysia

No wonder you put that in the small print Bee.

Perhaps Quill had better get himself over there, American healthcare is sooooooooooo expensive, and he is older than me after all.

lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:48 pm

MH370: Satellite images show possible crash debris in South China sea – live

Images released by Chinese science and defence agency
Pictures show three large pieces in South China Sea
Oil rig worker reported seeing plane go down in region
Boeing says safety bulletin did not apply to MH370
Over 92,600 sq km searched, 39 aircraft, 42 ships involved

0.32am AEST

#Chinese ships & planes to help search for #MH370 #China's satellite found possible debris. Verification in progress. pic.twitter.com/5gVIO7b547
— CCTV America (@CCTV_America) March 12, 2014

10.29am AEST

The satellite images, captured around 11am on Sunday morning shows three floating pieces of debris. The pictures were posted by SASTIND on Wednesday, and picked up by world media just a few hours ago, but Malaysian authorities are reportedly not too happy they weren’t made aware of them. That’s several hours of search time lost, if the objects are still in the area four days after they were photographed.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/13/mh370-satellite-images-show-possible-crash-debris-in-south-china-sea-live

Photo on link. Chinese satellite took it on Sunday, but they didn't tell the Malaysia Authorities. By now, its probably sunk!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:15 am

http://news.sky.com/story/1225034/no-missing-plane-wreckage-at-debris-site

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08 am

VOD(original) wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1225034/no-missing-plane-wreckage-at-debris-site

this is a strage missing plane story though, nothing much adds up..

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:30 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1225034/no-missing-plane-wreckage-at-debris-site

this is a strage missing plane story though, nothing much adds up..

Surely the US and Chinese satellites would have the same information.................
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:43 am

I really don't like this i think they are keeping it quiet for whatever reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:45 am

VOD(original) wrote:I really don't like this i think they are keeping it quiet for whatever reason

all the claims made on technology these days it is hard to imagine people and planes can just disappear..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:I really don't like this i think they are keeping it quiet for whatever reason

all the claims made on technology these days it is hard to imagine people and planes can just disappear..

I dunno, I think if it crashed in that jungle there would be little chance of finding it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next