NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENERAL ELECTION 2017: The Results

+13
JulesV
Fuzzy Zack
veya_victaous
Fred Moletrousers
nicko
Raggamuffin
Andy
magica
'Wolfie
Original Quill
Eilzel
Victorismyhero
eddie
17 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

GENERAL ELECTION 2017: The Results  Empty GENERAL ELECTION 2017: The Results

Post by eddie Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:54 pm

Post results.

I voted Libdems in the end.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

GENERAL ELECTION 2017: The Results  Empty Re: GENERAL ELECTION 2017: The Results

Post by eddie Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:11 pm

Is it possible we will get a hung parliament?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

GENERAL ELECTION 2017: The Results  Empty Re: GENERAL ELECTION 2017: The Results

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:43 pm

they should be.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:43 pm

Vote muppet...you will get one anyway
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 am

Interesting exit polls lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:06 am

Eilzel wrote:Interesting exit polls lol

Why is it funny?

I think its very interesting but interesting to see the lefties get all excited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:13 am

It's funny to see where arrogance may have landed your leader Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:17 am

Eilzel wrote:It's funny to see where arrogance may have landed your leader Wink

She is not my leader and I have not voted

I dont support the Tories or Labour.

My view is Corbyn would bring this country into self destruct

So dont you look silly, as you forget I back staying in the EU and other issues I do not agree with the Tories on

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:38 am

You think Corbyn would destroy the country yet didn't vote to stop him?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:40 am

Eilzel wrote:You think Corbyn would destroy the country yet didn't vote to stop him?

Correct

Who was i supposed to vote for?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:40 am

I live in a very safe Tory seat

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:46 am

I'm sure at least one party must have reflected your views. But fair enough.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:49 am

Eilzel wrote:I'm sure at least one party must have reflected your views. But fair enough.

They are all useless

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:22 am

I think people should vote. You can only go on quizzes, a lot of reading and your gut.
That's all we have.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:22 am

eddie wrote:I think people should vote. You can only go on quizzes, a lot of reading and your gut.
That's all we have.

And then what?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:44 am

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:It's funny to see where arrogance may have landed your leader Wink

So dont you look silly, as you forget I back staying in the EU and other issues I do not agree with the Tories on

GENERAL ELECTION 2017: The Results  3489511464

The Dodger didn't vote !!!

That puts you into a pretty shaky position next time you want to attack your opposition on here, Didge..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:51 am

cyclops

These last couple of weeks I've been tipping that May will just scrape back in, with a minority gov't (i.e. less than half the seats..).

While Didge and Deano have both been predicting a landslide for the Tories --  with DYK even claiming that the British Labour party will be wiped out.

Let's see who gets closest, in the end..           tongue
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:39 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

The Dodger didn't vote  !!!

That puts you into a pretty shaky position next time you want to attack your opposition on here,  Didge..

Does it?

I live in a very safe Tory seat, so what would have been the point in voting?
As far as I can see Labour is not going to  be in power

Exactly what I wanted

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:04 am

Arrow

Theresa May demolished in her standing --  her party currently polling under 42% across the UK overall, should be returned with a minority government...

Now, let's see if she will do the honourable thing, and "fall on her sword" and resign the leadership ?

Labour has regained some ground (probably could have gained even more with a better leader than Corbyn --  still it's early days yet,  as British Labour is still rebuilding/re-inventing itself from the damage that Blair's 'New Labour' left behind it..).

"Hung parliament" be buggered --  what is likely is what I've been predicting these last couple of weeks --  the Tories returned with a 'minority' government.

I don't know why the British press is howling about this as a ""shock" result --  IF they had read NewsFix, some of us were predicting a significant loss of seats for the Tories, and gains for Labour, with a minority May Tory gov't the more likely result.

The big LOSER on here is undoubtedly Deano DYKface  --  proving once more, how little he really knows about Politics and Economics, both in Britain and in general...          tongue
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:39 am

Cons won but theyre calling it a hung parliament.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:46 am

It is a hung parliament, the DUP will probably be the prop that hold up a Conservative govt that may or may not be lead by May Wink

Labour have done well, I'm so glad the Tories got the opposite of the landslide I and others expected. Things look good for Corbyn and co going forward Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:01 am

Eilzel wrote:It is a hung parliament, the DUP will probably be the prop that hold up a Conservative govt that may or may not be lead by May Wink

Labour have done well, I'm so glad the Tories got the opposite of the landslide I and others expected. Things look good for Corbyn and co going forward Smile

I can never understand the failed logic of the left.

I doubt she will need the DUP, as sien fenn will not attend Parliament

Corbyn failed to even get close to winning.

How is that in anyway good mate?

Granted the country is divided going forward, but as much as the Tories screwed up, i fail to see how there is a silver lining for Labour. A good night for Labour would have seen them with more seats than the Tories

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:08 am

An increase of 30 seats. The Tory line of bringing stability and being strong in tatters. An uncertain future for the Tory government. In 5 years who knows what the state of the country will be, but with a weakened Tory government and a possible change of leadership, Labour are the best placed party for the future.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:10 am

Eilzel wrote:An increase of 30 seats. The Tory line of bringing stability and being strong in tatters. An uncertain future for the Tory government. In 5 years who knows what the state of the country will be, but with a weakened Tory government and a possible change of leadership, Labour are the best placed party for the future.

Well as can be seen labour did well in areas that were remain in the referendum.
That says to me this was more about brexit that  people thought it was
Again a loss is not a victory in any shape or form by Labour
I see remainers voted for them over fears of a hard brexit
That could easily change when the divorce has been done
The Tory leadership has to change, its clear she is not capable

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:15 am

A lot of UKIP voters also moved back to Labour Wink

No one is calling it a victory for Labour. But considering earlier expectations this result is a disaster for the Tories and better than any Labour supporter could have realistically hoped for, and promising for the future.

Not a victory, but not a bad night either. Tory and Labour expressions tell the story better than words though Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:18 am

Eilzel wrote:A lot of UKIP voters also moved back to Labour Wink

No one is calling it a victory for Labour. But considering earlier expectations this result is a disaster for the Tories and better than any Labour supporter could have realistically hoped for, and promising for the future.

Not a victory, but not a bad night either. Tory and Labour expressions tell the story better than words though Smile

Many voted for the tories also and it proves UKIP as I stated were redundant after the referendum. They were wiped out last night.

All now will depend on the divorce going forward.

I am just thankful nobody voted that extremist Corbyn in, as it would have been another Venezuela within 4 years

If Labour has any sense they will get shot of him

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:22 am

I doubt it. He won 40% of the vote. The highest % of the vote since Blair's landslide. 12,000,000 votes and counting. Labour's best result since 2005. He has won in spite of a vicious string of media attacks and a 20 point deficit in the polls. He is staying.

UKIP are indeed redundant. But Labour are back as a serious opposition.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:27 am

Eilzel wrote:I doubt it. He won 40% of the vote. The highest % of the vote since Blair's landslide. 12,000,000 votes and counting. Labour's best result since 2005. He has won in spite of a vicious string of media attacks and a 20 point deficit in the polls. He is staying.

UKIP are indeed redundant. But Labour are back as a serious opposition.

You can doubt all you like, as lets see how he won support. He played to the young over them not having to pay their due in further education. What message does that point to with our youth today, that they want a free ride?
he stuck out many olive branches which is evident he would never have been able to deliver which would have bankrupt the country. he like any other politician is full of crap

Won?

Thanks I needed a good laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:30 am

He won 40% of the vote. That's a fact.

And of course I forget, free university was only good for older generatioms right? Now you want kids to pay for their education because of the economic deficiencies of older generations.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:30 am

The public have seen through her dull grey negative and dour campaign lead by Lynton Crosby.  They also saw through the lies and smears cast by the far right owned Murdoch  and Dacre owned press against  Corbyn.
We demand facts and truth instead of smears lies and innuendo. Theresa May and her billionaire donating press barons took the public for gullible fools, and last night the public saw through the charade.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:32 am

Eilzel wrote:He won 40% of the vote. That's a fact.

And of course I forget, free university was only good for older generatioms right? Now you want kids to pay for their education because of the economic deficiencies of older generations.

He thus then lost, as he never had the majority

Fuck me the absurd logic of the left that think those second have won

Its Trump all over again

Wow who said it was right for the older generation? What a a daft argument. Further education should be paid by those who have this, as they no longer are kids, they are adults, so why should it be free? How are they kids? they are over 18, what are you now upping the age of children to 23?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:38 am

They. Won. 40%. Of. Seats. Can you read? Did I say he won the election? No. Catch up man lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:41 am

Eilzel wrote:They. Won. 40%. Of. Seats. Can you read? Did I say he won the election? No. Catch up man lol

So what, he lost, 40% is not enough to win is it?

Can you not read?

Why keep your shirt on lol

Like I say you lefties would bankrupt this country thinking money grows on trees lol

So you not saying you think its wrong selfish young adults voted because they think they should get further education free and not pay their due?

is this the future you want?

One where people are selfish for their own needs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:42 am

Labour have done better than I expected. Interesting times ahead ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:46 am

Thorin is the only person in the UK celebrating  a massive and conclusive Conservative  victory. 
It wont be a very lively party.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:48 am

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:They. Won. 40%. Of. Seats. Can you read? Did I say he won the election? No. Catch up man lol

Can you not read?

Like I say you lefties would bankrupt this country thinking money grows on trees lol

So you not saying you think its wrong selfish young adults voted because they think they should get further education free and not pay their due?

I don't think education is a luxury that should come with the burden of debt. I think it is as much a right that everyone should be entitled to, and from the nation's pov we educate our youth so they can make a better future for Britain.

There is nothing selfish about that.

Selfishness is voting Tory to get a corporation tax cut that benefits the few at the expensive of the many.

And again. No one. Said. Labour won the election. They won seats and votes though, seats and votes no one expected them to win. Fact.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:51 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Can you not read?

I don't think education is a luxury that should come with the burden of debt. I think it is as much a right that everyone should be entitled to, and from the nation's pov we educate our youth so they can make a better future for Britain.

There is nothing selfish about that.

Selfishness is voting Tory to get a corporation tax cut that benefits the few at the expensive of the many.

And again. No one. Said. Labour won the election. They won seats and votes though, seats and votes no one expected them to win. Fact.

Education is already paid for children and you want to place a further burden on the nation to the needs of the individual adults. the failed selfish attitude of the left. So how is your system fair, when people go into work and some choose further education? Those who choose further education should pay, as it is a luxury to do further education.

So its you being utterly selfish, as we are one nation are we not?

And you still have failed to learn from history why socialism is an abject failure

Last edited by Thorin on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 am

the worst of all possible results...a hung parliament....
I'd sooner have had a labour outright win

you do realise this means yet another election in a few weeks/months

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:00 am

Lord Foul wrote:the worst of all possible results...a hung parliament....
I'd sooner have had a labour outright win

you do realise this means yet another election in a few weeks/months

I doubt there will be one until next year.

Sein fein will not attend parliament and the Tories just need the DUP on board and an election will not take place until after the Divorce from EU

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:02 am

University education was tuition free until 1997. We managed then we can manage now.

And how am I being selfish? I wouldn't benefit from cutting tuition fees and I never will now. My wish here is for future generations to go get the best education they can if they choose to. I'd say that's pretty unselfish of me.

You on the other hand say 'I got my university education tuition free (I presume)- but I don't you kids of today to get the same, you should pay for it!' Pretty selfish from where I'm sitting.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:06 am

Eilzel wrote:University education was tuition free until 1997. We managed then we can manage now.

And how am I being selfish? I wouldn't benefit from cutting tuition fees and I never will now. My wish here is for future generations to go get the best education they can if they choose to. I'd say that's pretty unselfish of me.

You on the other hand say 'I got my university education tuition free (I presume)- but I don't you kids of today to get the same, you should pay for it!' Pretty selfish from where I'm sitting.

1) Again so what, that is wrong and we cannot manage as things are costing more and more across the board. When are you going to learn nothing is for free and others have to pay? So why should an adult get a free education over those who work?

2) You can get the best education, you just have to pay for this like everyone else after leaving school, as we have some of the best universities in the world. This is about cost. So yes they should pay for it as why should others pay for their further education. This is an active choice people make, so again you wish to place the burden of cost onto others

You want further study, then you pay for it

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:09 am

Because if our youngsters are better educated, the whole country benefits longterm.

No much point in going on with this. I think university education should be free because knowledge and career opportunities should not be commodified.

You think university education is a luxury.

Agree to disagree.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:13 am

Eilzel wrote:Because if our youngsters are better educated, the whole country benefits longterm.

No much point in going on with this. I think university education should be free because knowledge and career opportunities should not be commodified.

You think university education is a luxury.

Agree to disagree.

Really, you think decrees make for a better country, based on the number of made up crap degrees we have today?

Education shows people can study, it does not prove intelligence or worth in the ability to carry out work.

Yes there is specialised fields that require education, but again if as you claim it benefits the country, then they again should pay. I mean what next, do you want to pay for people to go on holiday each year, as will benefit and be more productive for people to be stress free?

So yes it is a luxury mate and yes we will have to agree to disagree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:06 am

The sourest grapes make the sweetest whine.
They certainly do in your case Thorin.
Mayhem had a shit night.
Corbyn overwhelmingly exceeded expectations, despite the lies , smears and vitriol from May and her rw press.

Hahahaha. She has just declared that she is staying on as leader.
Given her record on U turns, expect her to resign within 5 days.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:16 am

Angry Andy wrote:The sourest grapes make the sweetest whine.
They certainly do in your case Thorin.
Mayhem had a shit night.
Corbyn overwhelmingly exceeded expectations, despite the lies , smears and vitriol from May and her rw press.

Hahahaha. She has just declared that she is staying on as leader.
Given her record on U turns, expect her to resign within 5 days.

Eh?

I do not support May or the Tories and have done for a long time

How many times do I need to say this?  Doh

I am just glad that bat shit crazy Corbyn who conned many people, has not gotten in Laughing

That was more important to me.

Be nice to see Boris now lead the Tories, as he has the Charisma over Corbyn

I hope she does resign

I am glad with the result, as i wanted to remain in the EU and the DUP will demand a softer brexit, if they make a pact with the Tories. so this suits me all round, Labour with no hope of getting in and the Hard Brexiter Tories reigned in

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:18 am

Reading through your posts, it seems you declined to vote.
In my, and many others opinion, you lose the right to complain if you cannot even spoil your paper.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:21 am

Angry Andy wrote:Reading through your posts, it seems you declined to vote.
In my, and many others opinion, you lose the right to complain if you cannot even spoil your paper.

Where have i complained?

never did

Anything else?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:25 am

If your posts this morning reflect your delight at the result, heaven help this place when you get grumpy over the result.
So much for the overwhelming Tory victory predicted by Dickhead .
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:29 am

Angry Andy wrote:If your posts this morning reflect your delight at the result, heaven help this place when you get grumpy over the result.
So much for the overwhelming Tory victory predicted by Dickhead .

I am happy mate, as i say i think this will get a better brexit deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:36 am

On that we agree Thorin. I expeçt a more cross party negotiation over Brexit. 
Corbyn has fought his whole career for a soft Breixit. The U Turn lady was a firm remainer who did what she always does, a whopping big U turn.
Sir Keir Starmer needs adding to the negotiation committee on Monday.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next