NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

+12
Syl
SEXY MAMA
Tommy Monk
Raggamuffin
eddie
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
scrat
Andy
Miffs2
nicko
Major
16 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. - Page 6 Empty Re: Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:42 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Storm in a teacup. To get to the kiosk as far as I'm aware with the layout of Tesco supermarkets he would have had to walk through the standard checkout areas to get to the kiosk in the first place. Items paid for at the kiosk are supposed to be for items purchased in the kiosk area like newspapers and snacks etc.
The guy is a bloody chancer and he's had his 5 minutes of fame and that's all he deserves.

That makes no sense. Are you suggesting that he deliberately took a bottle of wine to the kiosk in the hope that the woman would refuse to sell it to him? They might have had wine near the kiosk, and he said he had to get a disc for the game or something.

If that was the case then why would Tesco state it is unusual for alcohol to be taken to the kiosk for purchase?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. - Page 6 Empty Re: Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:45 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That makes no sense. Are you suggesting that he deliberately took a bottle of wine to the kiosk in the hope that the woman would refuse to sell it to him? They might have had wine near the kiosk, and he said he had to get a disc for the game or something.

If that was the case then why would Tesco state it is unusual for alcohol to be taken to the kiosk for purchase?

They probably don't normally have wine near the kiosk, but it was Christmas so they might have had it there. The kiosks are usually near the door aren't they? Retailers place certain items near the door in the hope that customers will pick them up on the way in. I would think that people might put a bottle in their trolley as they're passing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:46 am

Anyway, he said he needed a disc for the game. I don't know what that means as I'm not really into that kind of thing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:48 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

They probably don't normally have wine near the kiosk, but it was Christmas so they might have had it there. The kiosks are usually near the door aren't they? Retailers place certain items near the door in the hope that customers will pick them up on the way in. I would think that people might put a bottle in their trolley as they're passing.

To be fair I don't think any supermarket would have alcohol near the kiosk which as you say are usually near the doors. Too much risk of it being shoplifted.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, he said he needed a disc for the game. I don't know what that means as I'm not really into that kind of thing.

The games/video cases you see in the aisles don't tend to contain the disc. You take the case to the checkout and pay for it then depending on the shop they either bring the disc to you or you go to a service desk to pick it up on your way out.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:53 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

To be fair I don't think any supermarket would have alcohol near the kiosk which as you say are usually near the doors.  Too much risk of it being shoplifted.

I've seen bottles of wine near the entrance in a supermarket.

I'm trying to picture the layout of a typical Tesco - I don't go to supermarkets very much tbh. They do tend to have "seasonal" items near the entrance - standard practice I think.

In any case, the wine might not have been near the door. He just mentioned that he picked up a bottle of wine as if it was an afterthought, but he might have picked it up in the booze aisle. He bought some lights as well.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:56 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, he said he needed a disc for the game. I don't know what that means as I'm not really into that kind of thing.

The games/video cases you see in the aisles don't tend to contain the disc.  You take the case to the checkout and pay for it then depending on the shop they either bring the disc to you or you go to a service desk to pick it up on your way out.

Oh the actual disc - of course. Laughing

If he was only paying for a few things, he wouldn't want to queue up at the usual checkouts. You can buy stuff at the customer services desk actually - I'm sure I've done it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:58 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

To be fair I don't think any supermarket would have alcohol near the kiosk which as you say are usually near the doors.  Too much risk of it being shoplifted.

I'm trying to picture the layout of a typical Tesco - I don't go to supermarkets very much tbh. They do tend to have "seasonal" items near the entrance - standard practice I think.

In any case, the wine might not have been near the door. He just mentioned that he picked up a bottle of wine as if it was an afterthought, but he might have picked it up in the booze aisle. He bought some lights as well.

Yeah, my thinking was he bought the game at the checkout then decided afterwards to get the wine and as he had to go to the kiosk to pick up the disc he took the wine there rather than queue up at the checkouts again and then go to the kiosk.

Seems to me the biggest issue is that the girl at the kiosk was not aware she could call another member of staff to sell the wine to the customer which is a failing by her employers.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:00 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yeah, my thinking was he bought the game at the checkout then decided afterwards to get the wine and as he had to go to the kiosk to pick up the disc he took the wine there rather than queue up at the checkouts again and then go to the kiosk.

Seems to me the biggest issue is that the girl at the kiosk was not aware she could call another member of staff to sell the wine to the customer which is a failing by her employers.

You'd think there would be other staff at the kiosk really, so she could have passed him on to one of them straightaway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:01 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

The games/video cases you see in the aisles don't tend to contain the disc.  You take the case to the checkout and pay for it then depending on the shop they either bring the disc to you or you go to a service desk to pick it up on your way out.

If he was only paying for a few things, he wouldn't want to queue up at the usual checkouts. You can buy stuff at the customer services desk actually - I'm sure I've done it.

Depends on the store I think. In my local Morrisons you can't take any grocery items to the kiosk, in my local Waitrose you can.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:03 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

You'd think there would be other staff at the kiosk really, so she could have passed him on to one of them straightaway.

Yes, but obviously on this occasion there wasn't.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:05 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Depends on the store I think.  In my local Morrisons you can't take any grocery items to the kiosk, in my local Waitrose you can.

In Tesco they have tobacco and the lottery at a kiosk, but you can buy other stuff there too. I think the customer service desk is usually near that kiosk. He said he was at a till by customer service, he didn't say he was at the customer service desk. We need a floor plan of that particular Tesco. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:06 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So where did she suggest he queued up again then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:13 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

At the checkouts probably or actually maybe there was another member of staff there and she asked him to join the queue for that till.

Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:16 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

At the checkouts probably or actually maybe there was another member of staff there and she asked him to join the queue for that till.

That's what I meant when I said that surely there were other staff in the area, and she could have passed him on straightaway. It's a superstore so they wouldn't have just one member of staff.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Depends on the store I think.  In my local Morrisons you can't take any grocery items to the kiosk, in my local Waitrose you can.

In Tesco they have tobacco and the lottery at a kiosk, but you can buy other stuff there too. I think the customer service desk is usually near that kiosk. He said he was at a till by customer service, he didn't say he was at the customer service desk. We need a floor plan of that particular Tesco. Laughing

I tend not to shop at Tesco so don't really know their regular floor layout.

We don't know how many tills there were at that kiosk, if it was a very large shop there could have been several.

The article does state though that a store manager came and served the bloke so it could be there was only one till open at the time. Either that or the other queues were long so he opened one specifically to serve this guy.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:19 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

That's what I meant when I said that surely there were other staff in the area, and she could have passed him on straightaway. It's a superstore so they wouldn't have just one member of staff.

No, but if you had waited ages to be served, would you be happy if another customer jumped in front of you from another queue?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

We don't know how many tills there were at that kiosk, if it was a very large shop there could have been several.

The article does state though that a store manager came and served the bloke so it could be there was only one till open at the time.  Either that or the other queues were long so he opened one specifically to serve this guy.

It's also not clear if the duty manager was already in the area or if she called him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:38 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

The article does state though that a store manager came and served the bloke so it could be there was only one till open at the time.  Either that or the other queues were long so he opened one specifically to serve this guy.

It's also not clear if the duty manager was already in the area or if she called him.

This is true.

What we have here really in my opinion, is a woman who was allowed by her employers not to serve alcohol to customers as per her request so was put to work in an area where it would be unusual for such an item to be sold.

Possibly because of that there was an oversight by her employers making it clear that in such an event she should call another member of staff to conduct the sale.

This guy who after buying a game as an afterthought decided to pick up a bottle of wine took it to the kiosk to pay for instead of queuing up at the checkouts again and found himself at this womans till where she requested that he went to another till to purchase his wine.

He possibly made a commotion about it, the manager was either in the area or was called to sort out said commotion and the customer was duly served and went on his way to which he then proceeded to go to the papers claiming that this Muslim lady had refused to serve him and now he is all insulted and hurt about it.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:46 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

This is true.

What we have here really in my opinion, is a woman who was allowed by her employers not to serve alcohol to customers as per her request so was put to work in an area where it would be unusual for such an item to be sold.

Possibly because of that there was an oversight by her employers making it clear that in such an event she should call another member of staff to conduct the sale.

This guy who after buying a game as an afterthought decided to pick up a bottle of wine took it to the kiosk to pay for instead of queuing up at the checkouts again and found himself at this womans till where she requested that he went to another till to purchase his wine.

He possibly made a commotion about it, the manager was either in the area or was called to sort out said commotion and the customer was duly served and went on his way to which he then proceeded to go to the papers claiming that this Muslim lady had refused to serve him and now he is all insulted and hurt about it.

That is largely my opinion too, although we don't know if he had already been to another checkout and bought other stuff, and we don't know if the duty manager was specifically called.

In any case, it's clear that the claims that she couldn't serve him because she was at the "returns counter" are nonsense.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:53 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

This is true.

That is largely my opinion too, although we don't know if he had already been to another checkout and bought other stuff, and we don't know if the duty manager was specifically called.

In any case, it's clear that the claims that she couldn't serve him because she was at the "returns counter" are nonsense.

Hmm, I just read the article again.

Initially I had thought he said he was just going to pick up the disc but it does state he went to the kiosk to buy the disc and the other items.

So it does seem he hadn't previously queued but took all the items to the kiosk.

Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:03 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Initially I had thought he said he was just going to pick up the disc but it does state he went to the kiosk to buy the disc and the other items.

So it does seem he hadn't previously queued but took all the items to the kiosk.

I think he did what a lot of us do - go to a shop to get one thing and end up picking up other stuff whilst we're there. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

I think he did what a lot of us do - go to a shop to get one thing and end up picking up other stuff whilst we're there. Laughing

Haha, go in to get a loaf of bread and a pint of milk and come out with half the shop Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. - Page 6 1363015401
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:22 pm

That sounds just like my Wife.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6