NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

+12
Syl
SEXY MAMA
Tommy Monk
Raggamuffin
eddie
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
scrat
Andy
Miffs2
nicko
Major
16 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. - Page 4 Empty Re: Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

Post by Syl Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Major wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2486827/shopper-slams-tesco-after-Muslim-woman-on-checkout-refused-to-serve-him-alcohol.

More preferential treatment for Muslims.

1..Tesco should not have put the woman on a till where she is unable to perform her duties.
2..The assistant was wrong to tell the man to go to another checkout....he was in the right place, she was not.
3...Serves him right for drinking Echo falls...it's crap.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. - Page 4 Empty Re: Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Ziz wrote:Like tobacco, the purchase of alcohol is subject to legal checks - this may limit the places it can be purchased.

That was not the case here, otherwise they would have said that it's illegal to sell alcohol at the kiosk.

Our colleague works on the kiosk as alcohol is generally not purchased in this area.

Nowhere does it say that they weren't allowed to sell alcohol at the kiosk.

“She is aware that you shouldn’t have to queue again in the future if a similar situation occurs.

“She will request another colleague to come and serve.”

So she can request a colleague comes to the kiosk to serve a customer who is buying alcohol.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:Like tobacco, the purchase of alcohol is subject to legal checks - this may limit the places it can be purchased.

That was not the case here, otherwise they would have said that it's illegal to sell alcohol at the kiosk.

Our colleague works on the kiosk as alcohol is generally not purchased in this area.

“She is aware that you shouldn’t have to queue again in the future if a similar situation occurs.

“She will request another colleague to come and serve.”

So she can request a colleague comes to the kiosk to serve a customer who is buying alcohol.

I don't believe the law requires a retailer to specify what they don't sell and where. Though I accept that she was treated exceptionally because of her faith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:22 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't believe the law requires a retailer to specify what they don't sell and where.

It's quite clear that it's perfectly possible to sell alcohol at that kiosk, and that the woman is allowed to refuse because of her religious faith.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I don't believe the law requires a retailer to specify what they don't sell and where.

It's quite clear that it's perfectly possible to sell alcohol at that kiosk, and that the woman is allowed to refuse because of her religious faith.

It's up to Tesco where and by whom alcohol is sold - the assistant in this case was clearly acting within her contract.

Last edited by Ziz on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:26 pm

The bottom line is Tesco was remiss in putting a woman they have employed knowing her limitations in a position to make it awkward for the customer.

But looking at his woebedoneto face posing for a publicity pic with the offending bottle of wine, I cant help thinking....TOUGH.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:27 pm

Syl wrote:The bottom line is Tesco was remiss in putting a woman they have employed knowing her limitations in a position to make it awkward for the customer.

But looking at his woebedoneto face posing for a publicity pic with the offending bottle of wine, I cant help thinking....TOUGH.

Yes, Tesco's problem - not the assistant's.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Could a vegetarian refuse to sell meat?
Just a thought that occurred to me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Syl wrote:The bottom line is Tesco was remiss in putting a woman they have employed knowing her limitations in a position to make it awkward for the customer.

It's better than her being on the general checkouts where a lot of people are probably buying alcohol.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:31 pm

eddie wrote:Could a vegetarian refuse to sell meat?

Yes, if the employer agreed to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:33 pm

I think that would probably be impractical on a general checkout, but I guess a lot of people don't buy meat at a kiosk. A vegetarian employee could certainly ask to be exempt from selling meat.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

It's better than her being on the general checkouts where a lot of people are probably buying alcohol.

Well obviously, if they agree to employ someone who refuses to sell certain items they should make sure she is never in the position where this may crop up...they are at fault.

She should have been aware though that it was not her place to ask him to use another checkout...it was handled badly all round..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I think that would probably be impractical on a general checkout, but I guess a lot of people don't buy meat at a kiosk. A vegetarian employee could certainly ask to be exempt from selling meat.

Undoubtedly in the case of a supermarket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well obviously, if they agree to employ someone who refuses to sell certain items they should make sure she is never in the position where this may crop up...they are at fault.

She should have been aware though that it was not her place to ask him to use another checkout...it was handled badly all round..

It was - but that's the fault of Tesco's management, not the assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They might not have been aware at the time they offered her a job though. She told them when she started working for them, so what were they to do - sack her?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

They might not have been aware at the time they offered her a job though. She told them when she started working for them, so what were they to do - sack her?

If that's the case then she has breached her contract of employment and could be subject to sanction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:45 pm

I wish supermarket employees would refuse to serve those who queue up at the ten items or less till with more than ten items. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If that's the case then she has breached her contract of employment and could be subject to sanction.

Why? She was not obliged to tell them about her objections to selling alcohol was she? I presume they didn't ask her at the time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I wish supermarket employees would refuse to serve those who queue up at the ten items or less till with more than ten items. Laughing

Use the self-serve for those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well...yes. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:49 pm

She should have asked to see his ID to make sure he was over 18, and then refused to sell him the wine when he didn't have it. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well...yes. Laughing

That's so harsh! Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well...yes. Laughing

Actually, as the girl wasn't the one to go rushing to the press I would probably rather ban the customer this time. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:54 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Actually, as the girl wasn't the one to go rushing to the press I would probably rather ban the customer this time. Razz

Exactly - silly man!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:08 pm

Ziz wrote:

Then what's the problem if someone doesn't want to sell something due to religious beliefs?
If a vegetarian refused to serve me meat but said he'd go get someone else I'd be fine with that. Likewise with a Muslim serving me alcohol.
Long as I go at served I wouldn't care who it was by. scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Then what's the problem if someone doesn't want to sell something due to religious beliefs?
If a vegetarian refused to serve me meat but said he'd go get someone else I'd be fine with that. Likewise with a Muslim serving me alcohol.

THAT...depends on how long you end up waiting for "someone else"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Ziz wrote:

No problem - the question of who serves is a matter for the vendor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
eddie wrote:

M&S employ people on check outs under 18, so they always have to ring for another cashier if a customer has wine or spirits....it's not a big deal really.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

M&S employ people on check outs under 18, so they always have to ring for another cashier if a customer has wine or spirits....it's not a big deal really.

Hmmm, they don't have to get someone else to sell the alcohol, they just need another adult member of staff present at the time to kind of agree to the sale. Can't they just ask the person at the next till to do that?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
eddie wrote:

remind me to avoid M&S for my booze purchases....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Syl wrote:

remind me to avoid M&S for my booze purchases....

They are obliged by law to make sure that any employer under the age of 18 is supervised when selling alcohol. However, the degree of supervision isn't specified, so having to actually get someone over to sell the booze is a bit unnecessary.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:18 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
scrat wrote:Nothing to do with reality, simply more racial attacks by a proud racist.

Just because his "Britain first" remit is tolerated elsewhere must we be forced to witness such bitter hatred on here.

This poster sets out to insult minorities, can we please have a Bin for his hate mongering!

There was absolutely nothing out-of-bounds about his post.

Well, it did involve a bit of deception and trickery. But that's best dealt with by cross-examination.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

There was absolutely nothing out-of-bounds about his post.

Well, it did involve a bit of deception and trickery.  But that's best dealt with by cross-examination.

Where was the deception and trickery?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, it did involve a bit of deception and trickery.  But that's best dealt with by cross-examination.

"Preferential treatment." I don't think the story was about preference in treatment. Religious accommodation is the common practice in the workplace. Certainly conservatives are making a big deal of it in the US these days.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

"Preferential treatment."  I don't think the story was about preference in treatment.  Religious accommodation is the common practice in the workplace.  Certainly conservatives are making a big deal of it in the US these days.

To some people "religious accommodation" is the same as "preferential treatment". I don't think there was any deception or trickery.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Major wrote:
scrat wrote:
you're correct unlike some I don't want any poster banned, I'm simply trying to ascertain why this "Britain first" racist posts racist nonsense and why those who defend this "Britain first" racist are claiming victim status when challenged.

Surely we can all accept that this "Britain first" racist contributes nothing to this forum bar hatred, let us move on to the motives for this.

Show a QUOTE Scrat to prove your accusations.

You are full of assumptions.

A quote to prove you are a racist Major?  Well maybe Scrat can't be bothered, after all we know it already, but I can, easy.

Your words I believe:

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. - Page 4 5wcCcm0T

Last edited by sassy on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:34 pm

There goes the thread ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There goes the thread ...

Major asked for a quote, I gave it to him.   If he didn't want it he shouldn't have asked.   And you really think this thread has any validity?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:37 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There goes the thread ...

Major asked for a quote, I gave it to him.   If he didn't want it he shouldn't have asked.   And you really think this thread has any validity?

Yes. I think it's a very interesting subject, and it's a shame to spoil it by banging on about "racism".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

Yes. I think it's a very interesting subject, and it's a shame to spoil it by banging on about "racism".

It's only here because of racism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:52 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's here because it's a news item - ie, it was in the papers. I don't think it should have been - I disapprove of people running to the press in that manner. However, it's still an interesting subject. How far should businesses go to accommodate religious belief and/or personal objections to certain parts of a job?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

It's here because it's a news item - ie, it was in the papers. I don't think it should have been - I disapprove of people running to the press in that manner. However, it's still an interesting subject. How far should businesses go to accommodate religious belief and/or personal objections to certain parts of a job?

And Major used it to try and have a go a Muslims.   It is a racist thread made for racist reasons by a racist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:59 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And Major used it to try and have a go a Muslims.   It is a racist thread made for racist reasons by a racist.

So all the negative threads you've started about Christians are racist then?

I've tried to get you to discuss the subject, but you're not interested, so I won't waste any more time on you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:02 pm

Seriously, Major wrote: "More preferential treatment for Muslims." That tells you all you need to know, right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:06 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Exactly, and the only ones defending racism are racists, they'll punt Private Piles forward to do their bidding, they'll encourage him to post his racist nonsense, they'll fill him up with racist bile off site and point him in this direction to spew it forth on here, when you come to think of it,,,,all racists are cowards!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:07 pm

God scat, you are a stirrer par-excellent.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:09 pm

nicko wrote:God scat, you are a stirrer par-excellent.

What stirring, that's telling the truth, dropping in to have a go at Scrat is stirring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:10 pm

Where was the "religious accommodation" here...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10776411/Christian-nursery-worker-sacked-after-refusing-to-read-gay-stories-to-children.html

Surely other members of staff could have been made available here too... and woman could have carried on performing other tasks without being sacked...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:11 pm

nicko wrote:God scat, you are a stirrer par-excellent.
"god scat" I think you've found the name for Ben's new forum Penfold, well done your medal is in the post, deep down I knew that despite your stupidity one day you'd serve a purpose!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm too knackered to think of a suitable reply scat, can we please leave it for later, good night.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next