NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

+12
Syl
SEXY MAMA
Tommy Monk
Raggamuffin
eddie
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
scrat
Andy
Miffs2
nicko
Major
16 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. - Page 3 Empty Re: Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:38 pm

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The article makes it perfectly clear that she didn't want to sell alcohol because of her religious belief. I don't have a problem with that really, but let's not change the story just because of who started the thread.

It's the chap who complained who made an issue of it and went running to the press. I don't know why people do that.

It does raise some interesting points though re how accommodating retailers should be, and whether or not the rest of the staff are fine with that kind of thing.
Rubbish, it is racist garbage posted by the "Britain first" racist you whimper after, he will post this nonsense again and again, and again and again you'll crawl on here to defend him.

The story is in several newspapers actually, and this is a news forum so the story is a valid subject for discussion.

Kindly stop attacking me - there's no need for it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. - Page 3 Empty Re: Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

Post by scrat Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:
Rubbish, it is racist garbage posted by the "Britain first" racist you whimper after, he will post this nonsense again and again, and again and again you'll crawl on here to defend him.

The story is in several newspapers actually, and this is a news forum so the story is a valid subject for discussion.

Im not attacking you, I'm simply pointing to the fact that this is a non story and you're here for the soul purpose of defending a racist, stop playing the victim, it's truly pathetic!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:44 pm

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Im not attacking you, I'm simply pointing to the fact that this is a non story and you're here for the soul purpose of defending a racist, stop playing the victim, it's truly pathetic!

Shut up Scrat. I'm discussing the subject, and I'm tired of your constant disruption. If you don't like the subject, go elsewhere.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:46 pm

Anyway, I can't believe that this silly man ran to the press over such a trivial thing.

“If you apply for a job surely you’ve got to be able to do everything within the boundaries of that job.

I wonder if he can do everything within the boundaries of his own job.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:

Shut up Scrat. I'm discussing the subject, and I'm tired of your constant disruption. If you don't like the subject, go elsewhere.
You do not discuss the subject, the only subject fit for discussion is why you parachuted onto this thread in order to defend a "Britain first" racist, that's the subject, now answer the question, why do you squeal victim every time you're outed as a defender of racists, in the words of TC if you don't condemn you must condone, or is TC also talking shit?
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:52 pm

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You do not discuss the subject, the only subject fit for discussion is why you parachuted onto this thread in order to defend a "Britain first" racist, that's the subject, now answer the question, why do you squeal victim every time you're outed as a defender of racists, in the words of TC if you don't condemn you must condone, or is TC also talking shit?

Nope. Take a look at my first post - I discussed the subject. You are the one who is disrupting this thread.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:57 pm

At least we all AGREE, the lady did the best she could under the circumstances. The bloke got his wine quickly. 
Then ran to the Scum, sold his story for £1000,  their usual fee. Then the Sun embellished it and it become forum gold for our redident racist.

Last edited by Handy Andy on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Here's the issue. They put the woman on a kiosk where people don't normally buy alcohol because she objects to selling it. If she's happy to always be on that kiosk, and there's someone else there who can serve a customer who does buy alcohol, I can't see a problem.

There would be a problem if she was on the normal tills because customers might put tons of stuff on the conveyor belt only to be told that she won't serve them just because they had a bottle of wine.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:

Nope. Take a look at my first post - I discussed the subject. You are the one who is disrupting this thread.

We're not discussing the topic, we know why he posted it, he's a racist who posts racist shit, we've gone over these topics a thousand times, let's move on to discover the answer as to why during your defence of this "British first" racist you always whimper like a damsel in distress and cry victim, for what purpose do you act in this way, what are your motives for conducting yourself in this manner!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:58 pm

Handy Andy wrote:At least we all AGREE, the lady did the vest she could under the circumstances. The bloke got his wine quickly. 
Then ran to the Scum, sold his story for £1000,  their usual fee. Then the Sun embellished it and it become forum gold for our redident racist.

But he was right about the issue, and other papers have carried the story. I'm always saying that it's pathetic how people run to the press about every little thing - it's just attention seeking IMO. However, it is in the news, so it's a fair topic to discuss.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:01 am

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

We're not discussing the topic, we know why he posted it, he's a racist who posts racist shit, we've gone over these topics a thousand times, let's move on to discover the answer as to why during your defence of this "British first" racist you always whimper like a damsel in distress and cry victim, for what purpose do you act in this way, what are your motives for conducting yourself in this manner!

Look, I'm not going to pander to you any more, so I'll ignore you in this thread, but if you continue to harass me, I will report you because your whining and stirring is very tiresome.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:01 am

Handy Andy wrote:At least we all AGREE, the lady did the vest she could under the circumstances. The bloke got his wine quickly. 
Exactly, we've been discussing the very same racist shit for years, it's time to move on and explore the motives!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:20 am

"...Religious discrimination when providing goods, facilities or services

It's against the law for anyone providing goods, facilities or services directly to the public to discriminate because of religion or belief..."

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/discrimination/discrimination-because-of-race-religion-or-belief/discrimination-because-of-religion-or-belief/#h-religious-discrimination-when-providing-goods-facilities-or-services

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:25 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

It's against the law for anyone providing goods, facilities or services directly to the public to discriminate because of religion or belief..."

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/discrimination/discrimination-because-of-race-religion-or-belief/discrimination-because-of-religion-or-belief/#h-religious-discrimination-when-providing-goods-facilities-or-services

Hmmm, I think that means they can't discriminate against a customer because of the customer's religious belief Tommy. That wouldn't apply here.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:29 am

I'm an Asian man. Recently, I booked a room in a B&B, but when I arrived, the receptionist told me the room was no longer available. She told me about a hotel nearby that could probably take me. When I asked the receptionist why she didn't have a room for me when I'd booked two weeks in advance, she told me that the B&B owner doesn't like Muslim people staying there as they could be terrorists.

This is religious discrimination and it's against the law. The owner could be prosecuted in court. Get advice about what you can do from a solicitor, law centre or Citizens Advice Bureau.

Go back to sleep Tommy, we're now trying to ascertain motive, why we're constantly bombarded with racist nonsense and what are the motives behind Ragg constant claim for victim status.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:30 am

That's right Raggamuffin - the shop did not discriminate because of his beliefs, they served him his alcohol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:35 am

may I just point out this is NOT a court, and moreover its NOT for you scrat, OR any other but mods to ascertain as you put it , motive..nor to act on that in any way.
you yourself objected to banning major...why? did you want teh "kudos" of driving him off for yourself.....or did you merely want to have a continued reason to spout and rant?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:37 am

Of course we can ascribe motive - part and parcel of debate. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Hmmm, I think that means they can't discriminate against a customer because of the customer's religious belief Tommy. That wouldn't apply here.

If the customers religious belief is that it is ok for them to drink alcohol... then it is discrimination not to serve them.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:39 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If the customers religious belief is that it is ok for them to drink alcohol... then it is discrimination not to serve them.

He was served.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:41 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think that might be pushing it a bit Tommy. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:44 am

Of course motive for posting a specific news thread is important. FFS , look at the shit the tory supporters posted on here when Milliband was trying to beat Cameron. Invented press stories about his war hero father got plenty of airplay here from them. And it wasn't in support of Milliband, it was to denigrate him, because THEY SUPPORTED the tory party. That was their motive.

So motive for initially posting a thread is crucial. There is always a reason. And often it is to further an opinion or point the poster believes in. Then the debare commences.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:45 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I think that might be pushing it a bit Tommy. Laughing

No more than some others try to do...

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:45 am

Handy Andy wrote:Of course motive for posting a specific news thread is important. FFS , look at the shit the tory supporters posted on here when Milliband was trying to bean Cameron. Invented press stories about his war hero father got plenty of airplay here from them. And it wasn't in support of Milliband, it was to denigrate him, because THEY SUPPORTED the tory party. That was their motive.

So motive for initially posting a thread is crucial. There is always a reason. And often it is to further an opinion or point the poster believes in. Then the debare commences.

You won't mind being criticised for the stirring thread you just posted in News then. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:48 am

Lord Foul wrote:may I just point out this is NOT a court, and moreover its NOT for you scrat, OR any other but mods to ascertain as you put it , motive..nor to act on that in any way.
you yourself objected to banning major...why? did you want teh "kudos" of driving him off for yourself.....or did you merely want to have a continued reason to spout and rant?

you're correct unlike some I don't want any poster banned, I'm simply trying to ascertain why this "Britain first" racist posts racist nonsense and why those who defend this "Britain first" racist are claiming victim status when challenged.

Surely we can all accept that this "Britain first" racist contributes nothing to this forum bar hatred, let us move on to the motives for this.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:15 pm

Major wrote:
scrat wrote:
you're correct unlike some I don't want any poster banned, I'm simply trying to ascertain why this "Britain first" racist posts racist nonsense and why those who defend this "Britain first" racist are claiming victim status when challenged.

Surely we can all accept that this "Britain first" racist contributes nothing to this forum bar hatred, let us move on to the motives for this.

Show a QUOTE Scrat to prove your accusations.

You are full of assumptions.

Well he is full of shhomething
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Major wrote:
scrat wrote:

Show a QUOTE Scrat to prove your accusations.

You are full of assumptions.
Do you bang your head against the wall as you chant "reclaim our Great Britain island"
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:47 pm

What a stupid reply.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:58 pm

nicko wrote:What a stupid reply.
Calm your life Penfold, I see the nurse prying private Piles tongue free from the window, he's then shuffled along a bit, begins butting the wall and starts chanting "reclaim our Great Britain island" over and over and over again, after a while this proves tiresome and another nurse comes along and shuffles him back to window in order to keep his tongue busy.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:34 pm

scrat wrote:
nicko wrote:What a stupid reply.
Calm your life Penfold, I see the nurse prying private Piles tongue free from the window, he's then shuffled along a bit, begins butting the wall and starts chanting "reclaim our Great Britain island" over and over and over again, after a while this proves tiresome and another nurse comes along and shuffles him back to window in order to keep his tongue busy.

Sometimes you're so RW yourself, it's nearly laughable.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Look, I'm not going to pander to you any more, so I'll ignore you in this thread, but if you continue to harass me, I will report you because your whining and stirring is very tiresome.

You do realize that if anyone were to report that kind of treatment to me, from anyone else, I would either ignore it or tell them to fight back?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Of course there could be a problem if other Muslims who work for the same Tesco also decide they don't want to sell alcohol. They can't all work at the same kiosk because it would be overstaffed. They could then claim discrimination on the grounds that one person was accommodated and they weren't.

Are employers allowed to ask potential employees if there's anything they're not prepared to sell?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You do realize that if anyone were to report that kind of treatment to me, from anyone else, I would either ignore it or tell them to fight back?

Yes, I do know that. You ignore most disruption and harassment on here, despite your claim that you want a nice forum where people debate the news. Eddie says we should report anyone who breaks the rules or tries to disrupt threads though. Perhaps we should go back to the way we used to report posts - via PM.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course there could be a problem if other Muslims who work for the same Tesco also decide they don't want to sell alcohol. They can't all work at the same kiosk because it would be overstaffed. They could then claim discrimination on the grounds that one person was accommodated and they weren't.

Are employers allowed to ask potential employees if there's anything they're not prepared to sell?

Perhaps Tesco have a developed policy iro people of faith - their roots are Jewish after all?

As to your second point, surely the employer together with the employee defines the duties, not the law?

Last edited by Ziz on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Major wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2486827/shopper-slams-tesco-after-Muslim-woman-on-checkout-refused-to-serve-him-alcohol.

More preferential treatment for Muslims.

Nope

Seems like you just can't read the news properly.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:50 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Major wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2486827/shopper-slams-tesco-after-Muslim-woman-on-checkout-refused-to-serve-him-alcohol.

More preferential treatment for Muslims.

Nope

Oh he can read it honey, he just likes it twisted to uphold his racism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, I do know that. You ignore most disruption and harassment on here, despite your claim that you want a nice forum where people debate the news.  Eddie says we should report anyone who breaks the rules or tries to disrupt threads though. Perhaps we should go back to the way we used to report posts - via PM.

I support reporting rule violations, but you have to realize that just because you report something doesn't mean I'm going to agree with you that it was a rule violation.

Someone calling someone else a name, or making fun of them, does not in and of itself, constitute disruption or harassment.

If we came down on every instance of that, you know very well what would happen -- people would stop posting altogether.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:51 pm

I don't get why people are reading the article differently. It's quite clear that Tesco did allow the employee to refuse to sell alcohol on religious grounds. However, that's different to giving Muslims in particular preferential treatment. They might accommodate others in the same way - like a vegan who didn't mind what he/she did but didn't want to work on the meat counter, for example.

I'm not sure how Tesco works actually. Do they employ people to do a specific job or do they just employ them and then decide what they're going to do. Do employees get to do a variety of jobs or are they stuck doing one thing all the time?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:51 pm

sassy wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Nope

I know exactly why he posted it. Shame it backfired didn't it Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:53 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, I do know that. You ignore most disruption and harassment on here, despite your claim that you want a nice forum where people debate the news.  Eddie says we should report anyone who breaks the rules or tries to disrupt threads though. Perhaps we should go back to the way we used to report posts - via PM.

I support reporting rule violations, but you have to realize that just because you report something doesn't mean I'm going to agree with you that it was a rule violation.

Someone calling someone else a name, or making fun of them, does not in and of itself, constitute disruption or harassment.

If we came down on every instance of that, you know very well what would happen -- people would stop posting altogether.

Look, I don't bother reporting anything to you because you seem to want people to fight on here, and all your complaints that people are fighting too much are pretty silly. I've asked Scrat to stop pestering me several times, but he persists in disrupting the thread and starting on me all the time. Your moderator, eddie, has specifically asked people to report disruption, so are you saying that she's wrong?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:54 pm

Also, why are people intent on attacking the OP and tag teaming rather than discussing the actual issue? It's quite an interesting one.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:54 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
sassy wrote:

It always does, but he's too stupid to twig that lol

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:55 pm

sassy wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

It always does, but he's too stupid to twig that lol

Bigots always are!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Major wrote:
scrat wrote:

This is thoroughly disgusting and nasty from Scrat.
You may well end up like the description you have given here.

Some poor soul may be reading this or his /her children.

Think on.
Is this worse than Nems taking the piss out of diabetics - 6 weeks after my daughter almost died from a diabetic coma? She laughed at it.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:57 pm

OK, so nobody is interested in the subject then. Shame.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:OK, so nobody is interested in the subject then. Shame.

There isn't a subject.   The lady did not refuse to serve him because she was a Muslim but because he was at the returns counter, so the subject is over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:06 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:OK, so nobody is interested in the subject then. Shame.

There isn't a subject.   The lady did not refuse to serve him because she was a Muslim but because he was at the returns counter, so the subject is over.

Nonsense. The article doesn't mention a "returns counter". The statement from Tesco made it clear that she was working on the kiosk because people were unlikely to buy alcohol there, they didn't say that nobody was able to buy alcohol there.

The retailer emailed Lee to say the woman was on a kiosk at his local store where alcohol is usually not sold.

David Upstone, a Tesco customer service executive to the board, said: “Our colleague in question requested upon starting not to serve alcohol on religious grounds.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Like tobacco, the purchase of alcohol is subject to legal checks - this may limit the places it can be purchased.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next