NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

+12
Syl
SEXY MAMA
Tommy Monk
Raggamuffin
eddie
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
scrat
Andy
Miffs2
nicko
Major
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. Empty Re: Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

Post by nicko Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:11 am

Sack her, she took the job knowing she would be called on to do that.

She refused, breaking her contract.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. Empty Re: Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol.

Post by Miffs2 Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:20 am

Has this story appeared any where else? I would like to read it
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 am

Much ado about nothing ...the store manager stepped in - rang up his purchases, the manager apologised - the young lady apologised - the customer was at a 'SERVICE COUNTER' ...not the regular check out line!  
She was trying to accommodate his happy buying trip!  
Seems this is just another 'Muslim' bashing opportunity for some dude to get his moment of FAME.  Rolling Eyes

He said the food giant should not have put their employee in that position.
The tyre depot manager from Feltham, Middlesex, told The Sun: “I was a bit miffed and baffled by it.
“If you apply for a job surely you’ve got to be able to do everything within the boundaries of that job.
“The reason I was at that particular till by customer service was to get the disc for the game.
“I was just stocking up on a few bits for Christmas and picked up this £4 bottle of Echo Falls.
“But she asked me to queue up again.
“It should have been made clear if they can’t serve you certain items.
“There were no warnings or signs.
“She apologised afterwards, but she’s been put in that position. It’s not entirely her fault to be fair.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:31 pm

You wouldnt pay for M&S food at the returns counter.
This is no different.
A non story written by a paper with a racist, anti Muslim  agenda and seized upon by a forum racist promoting that agenda.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Handy Andy wrote:You wouldnt pay for M&S food at the returns counter.
This is no different.
A non story written by a paper with a racist, anti Muslim  agenda and seized upon by a forum racist promoting that agenda.

It was M&S last time
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/dec/23/marks-and-spencer-Muslim-alcohol
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:56 pm

Nothing to do with reality, simply more racial attacks by a proud racist.

Just because his "Britain first" remit is tolerated elsewhere must we be forced to witness such bitter hatred on here.

This poster sets out to insult minorities, can we please have a Bin for his hate mongering!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:07 pm

scrat wrote:Nothing to do with reality, simply more racial attacks by a proud racist.
Just because his "Britain first" remit is tolerated elsewhere must we be forced to witness such bitter hatred on here.
This poster sets out to insult minorities, can we please have a Bin for his hate mongering!
Seems oddly suspect to my reading mind: 
a.) the customer is a 'manager of another store'
b.) he was at a SERVICE COUNTER - where the yong lady would NOT normally be checking out all if his purchases
c.) she was polite and kind to him - the store manager stepped in and his purchases were completed
d.) so why go to the news paper and make a story about a NON-ISSUE  confused for no other reason than too feed the ILK that loves to "FIRE THOSE TYPE OF PEOPLE"

Since less.  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. Zombie11
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:57 pm

scrat wrote:Nothing to do with reality, simply more racial attacks by a proud racist.

There was absolutely nothing out-of-bounds about his post.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. Zombie11

Foolish.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:59 pm

And may I just weigh in on the actual substance of the story ... Tesco obviously had this arrangement already in place. They decided as a company to accommodate their employees' religious beliefs. Absolutely none of the characters in this story got hurt.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. Zombie11

Foolish.

Not just foolish, but ugly because on the underlying connotations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:05 pm

nah...hyperbole maybe.....

the problem about these sort of things is

the LAW is "the state" and we have seperation of "church" and state

so your religious views have NO place within dealings that are lawful (nor do your dietry requirements and several others )

If YOU CHOOSE to work in a job which requires you at times to do something you object to (but is lawful in all aspects)

THEN YOU ARE IN THE WRONG JOB....move on change jobs...do something else.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Lord Foul wrote:nah...hyperbole maybe.....

the problem about these sort of things is

the LAW is "the state" and we have seperation of "church" and state

so your religious views have NO place within dealings that are lawful (nor do your dietry requirements and several others )

If YOU CHOOSE to work in a job which requires you at times to do something you object to (but is lawful in all aspects)

THEN YOU ARE IN THE WRONG JOB....move on change jobs...do something else.....

Obviously her job does not require her to serve alcohol -- or we'd have heard she was fired over this. Instead, the company decided to help her and, presumably, other employees who have religious objections to selling this or that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:13 pm

so you think it acceptable for a (catholic) pharmacist to refuse to sell/dispense contraceptives?

or a catholic Dr to refuse to prescribe them?

or a catholic nurse to refuse to assist in an abortion if SHE (not a doctor) deems it "unnecessary"?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:17 pm

Lord Foul wrote:so you think it acceptable for a (catholic) pharmacist to refuse to sell/dispense contraceptives?

or a catholic nurse to refuse to assist in an abortion if SHE (not a doctor) deems it "unnecessary"?

I think the store should be allowed to set its own policies on this issue, presumably weighing customer preference vs. employee preference.

I.E. if the store wants to say, "you can't get/keep this job if you pull this religious shit," that's the store's business. If the store says "we'll accommodate you," again, that's the store's business.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:so you think it acceptable for a (catholic) pharmacist to refuse to sell/dispense contraceptives?

I think the store should be allowed to set its own policies on this issue, presumably weighing customer preference vs. employee preference.

I.E. if the store wants to say, "you can't get/keep this job if you pull this religious shit," that's the store's business. If the store says "we'll accommodate you," again, that's the store's business.

see this is where we will have to disagree...to me this is EXACTLY the sort of thinking that leads to ghettoisation, the failure of integration and ultimately makes "multiculturalism" the dirty word it is....

IF you apply that logic then obviously in areas of above average Muslim population this sort of attitude will prevail, "non Muslims" will be driven away (by poor service/inherent attitude of staff/lack of goods thay wish to buy) and go elsewhere (since its never far between supermarkets in britain) and then you end up with "that" area being avoided altogether and becomming yet another "enclave"

I notice you didnt comment on the comparable (in fact if not severity) of my points above....

this sort of thing should NOT be tolerated and the store should not "set its own policy...there should national guidelines to which the stores should be subject....

WE...as in this country/culture find alcohol acceptable...if you come here and your culture/religion doesnt...then DONT seek work in areas of employment that "may" require you to sell it....simples....

It comes down to the same "pandering" shown to the sikhs over motorcycle helmets...

they gave in to them and allowed them to ride without helmets......they should have said....if your religion precludes the use of helmets ...dont ride motor cycles....full stop....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:35 pm

The employer did/does not require her to sell it - quite rightly and simple as.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:46 pm

ok...why "quite rightly"

1) the law AND culture of the country quite rightly permits the sale/use of alcoholic drink
2) there is no provision for or acceptable excuse for a shopper to be inconvenienced in recognition of anothers religious preferences
)there is no "reasonable expectation" that what I do (that is lawful) should be in anyway obstructed by or in consideration of, anothers religion, culture, dietary preference etc etc etc....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Lord Foul wrote:ok...why "quite rightly"

1) the law AND culture of the country quite rightly permits the sale/use of alcoholic drink
2) there is no provision for or acceptable excuse for a shopper to be inconvenienced in recognition of anothers religious preferences
)there is no "reasonable expectation" that what I do (that is lawful) should be in anyway obstructed by or in consideration of, anothers religion, culture, dietary preference etc etc etc....

Because he who pay pays the piper determines the tune. Her contract of employment is a private affair between her and her employer - sodall to do with the issues you raise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:58 pm

which leads to the points i made earlier about the influence of this kind of thinking on things in general....

what next...turn up at the till and be refused service becasue of a couple of pork chops or cumbria sausages

and as said to ben what of the other comparable points I made....or does such favour only apply to a particular group???
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Lord Foul wrote:which leads to the points i made earlier about the influence of this kind of thinking on things in general....

what next...turn up at the till and be refused service becasue of a couple of pork chops or cumbria sausages

and as said to ben what of the other comparable points I made....or does such favour only apply to a particular group???

I favour no concessions for anyone on religious grounds - including those delicate souls afforded special consideration on forums - but then I'm an unreasonable atheist bastard. grin angel

Last edited by Ziz on Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Okay scrat??? And ben isn't RW either.

Now I'd like to see if you will attack BEN in exactly the same way you'd have attacked me or anyone else that had posted this.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. Smileys-whistling-823718
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Scat, no one does "bitter hatred " better than you, your an expert at it,

as is being shown.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:32 pm

nicko wrote:Scat, no one does "bitter hatred " better than you,    your an expert at it,

as is being shown.

Well, is THAT going to be picked up as 'parachuting in just to have a go at a poster'????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:33 pm

Where's Eddie? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:48 pm

What would you like me to do to a poster who did that on this thread?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Cos I will have to also deal with this.....in much the same way.
Or?
Is it somehow so very different when said by someone you like?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:49 pm

I'll let you both decide while I go and make a cuppa.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Am I banning nicko and scrat then?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:54 pm

eddie wrote:What would you like me to do to a poster who did that on this thread?

I don't want you to do anything, nicko's intervention doesn't bother me - you were the one banging on about parachuting, not me. Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Ziz wrote:
eddie wrote:What would you like me to do to a poster who did that on this thread?

I don't want you do anything - nicko's intervention doesn't bother me.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha you utterly butterly coward. Razz

You just this minute mentioned this very thing on another thread but it doesn't bother you?

Seriously shame on you! Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. 3489511464
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:57 pm

I think it's OK to make allowances for religious belief, or any other strong beliefs or issues, as long as nobody is inconvenienced to any great degree. If one of my colleagues had a problem with a particular issue which was part of their job, I wouldn't mind helping them out. If a customer doesn't have to queue again for ages, it's not much of an inconvenience is it? People aren't robots, and if their job involves a lot of different tasks, they're bound to have a problem with something.

Disclaimer - I haven't actually read the article. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Of course not, we must simply accept that Muslims are offered preferential treatment, that they're a bad lot and the far right alt right media promoted by a proud "Britain first" racist are simply working in our best interests.

Perhaps we should just STFU and do as we're told!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha you utterly butterly coward.   Razz

You just this minute mentioned this very thing on another thread but it doesn't bother you?

Seriously shame on you! Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. 3489511464

Nicko's intervention DOES NOT both me, the appalling moderation DOES - all that is required from mods is to act in a non-partisan manner, stop attacking members and stirring things up.

You can ban who you wish - just do it fairly.

Last edited by Ziz on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:00 pm

Ziz wrote:

I don't want you to do anything, nicko's intervention doesn't bother me - you were the one banging on about parachuting, not me. Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. 2190311264

Remember when you said this?:

"So what - the rule interpretation so firmly and recently laid down by Eddie is being broken without sanction?"

And then you called for me on here?

"Where's eddie?" You said with your little pokey tongue emoticon.

Then you said it doesn't bother you?
Kinda seems like it does a little bit Ziz. Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. 3489511464

Seriously you're wasting my time.
Go back to pretending you came here primarily to debate; you were good at that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:02 pm

eddie wrote:

Or?

Sassy? Would you like me to moderate scrat and nicko for attacking other posters?
Ziz isn't bothered at all so it's just you....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Remember when you said this?:

"So what - the rule interpretation so firmly and recently laid down by Eddie is being broken without sanction?"

And then you called for me on here?

"Where's eddie?" You said with your little pokey tongue emoticon.

Then you said it doesn't bother you?
Kinda seems like it does a little bit Ziz. Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. 3489511464

Seriously you're wasting my time.
Go back to pretending you came  here primarily to debate; you were good at that.

Great modding - launch yet another attack on a member to cover your tracks. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:03 pm

The girl was correct. She was working at a returns only desk.. The guy was returning an item and wanted to buy a bottle of wine.
The Scum used that as an excuse for another racist anti Muslim tirade. 
The manager simply opened a till next to her . She did the exchange/refund, he then went to the next till and bought the wine.
There was NOTHING racist with her actions.
Only by the newspaper and the parolee who saw fit to use it as another excuse to make a snide racist based post.

Last edited by Handy Andy on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:03 pm

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Or?

Sassy? Would you like me to moderate scrat and nicko for attacking other posters?

I'm bothered about the appaling modding - not nicko's comment - what are you struggling to understand, Eddie? Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:04 pm

I thought a nurse can refuse to do so on those grounds, or on any grounds. Oh, and nurses aren't always women you know.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:04 pm

You can't save face with that lame little piece of nothing sentence Ziz.

Don't worry, most people won't read it. You may just have sidestepped that one. Wink

Shhhh! Don't keep replying though!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Ziz wrote:
eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Or?

I'm bothered about the appaling modding - not nicko's comment - what are you struggling to understand, Eddie? Muslim Checkout Worker Refused To Serve Man With Alcohol. 2190311264

So Ziz, what would you like me to do, as a mod, to the people on this thread that simply attacked for no reason?

Ah forget it. You're not honest enough to answer.

Laters taters
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by scrat Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Obviously you're struggling here, when we say something you don't like we're threatened with a ban when one of your fellow monkey boy minions does exactly the same thing, you turn a blind eye and remain schtum.

No one is asking for anyone to be sanctioned, (thats just you, Raggs and TC wishing to act like forum gods) just treated in the same manner!

Is that really too much to ask!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Major wrote:I will never buy a leg of pork from Tesco.

Neither will I Major, or from any shop. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Ziz wrote:

So Ziz, what would you like me to do, as a mod, to the people on this thread that simply attacked for no reason?

Ah forget it. You're not honest enough to answer.

Laters taters

Drop the personal insults, Eddie - it doesn't help matters.

Simple - apply the rules, or your interpretation of them, in an impartial manner. In this case I would have posted a gentle and polite warning.

Last edited by Ziz on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:08 pm

scrat wrote:
eddie wrote:

Obviously you're struggling here, when we say something you don't like we're threatened with a ban when one of your fellow monkey boy minions does exactly the same thing, you turn a blind eye and remain schtum.

No one is asking for anyone to be sanctioned, (thats just you, Raggs and TC wishing to act like forum gods) just treated in the same manner!

Is that really too much to ask!

Can you stop dragging me into your rants please? At least I've been on topic in this thread. All you're doing is making a fuss about nothing and trying to goad other posters again.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next