NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vod and HF banned; I'd like a reason please

+7
Original Quill
Major
Ben Reilly
SEXY MAMA
Raggamuffin
nicko
eddie
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Vod and HF banned; I'd like a reason please  - Page 3 Empty Vod and HF banned; I'd like a reason please

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Perhaps I missed something as I was logged on but not online last night.

I saw Veya and didge, getting very riled by their Christianity thread and posting lots of picture posts up.
I saw nothing untoward happen - then this morning I find they're banned?
No reason stated (unless I missed it?) and no behaviours that warrented a banning?

I'll wait for an explanation.

Last edited by eddie on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Vod and HF banned; I'd like a reason please  - Page 3 Empty Re: Vod and HF banned; I'd like a reason please

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:20 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Who says "militant atheism" doesnt exist?

Well if Veya banned them and is not an athiest, how does that make your last statemnet look?
Stupid?

Back to top Go down

Vod and HF banned; I'd like a reason please  - Page 3 Empty Re: Vod and HF banned; I'd like a reason please

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:22 pm

any how,

1) vod and HF broke NO rules (well no more than anyone else) since they came back
2)their PAST behaviour is irrelevent
3) the ONLY trouble there was recently was didge and veya creating havoc in the devotional threads. with te intent of stirring problems
4) Veya banning them was an abuse of power
5 )didges issues with eddie are irrelevent to the issue at stake

and finally....

There is no place here for me anymore, If Veya can do that to HF and VOD for no other reason that he dislikes them and acts in a drunken rage, just to "get even" with eddie, then none of the r/w or even those of the non aligned but right leaning supporters can feel safe either....

I'm outta here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:29 pm

victorismyhero wrote:any how,

1) vod and HF broke NO rules (well no more than anyone else) since they came back
2)their PAST behaviour is irrelevent
3) the ONLY trouble there was recently was didge and veya creating havoc in the devotional threads. with te intent of stirring problems
4) Veya banning them was an abuse of power
5 )didges issues with eddie are irrelevent to the issue at stake

and finally....

There is no place here for me anymore, If Veya can do that to HF and VOD for no other reason that he dislikes them and acts in a drunken rage, just to "get even" with eddie, then none of the r/w or even those of the non aligned but right leaning supporters can feel safe either....

I'm outta here

Amasing that you conclude this without an actual explanation.

I posted two meme's then the rest was arguments with Rags and Eddie, you call that disruption?
That is pathetic and you are just to show some pathetic principle, if you want to leave over that, then more fool you.

I will save you the bother and leave myself , since you seem to think I am to blame.

Well fuck you, nice knowing you, and you will not hear from me again

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:22 pm

Well well Veya.

Hope you're happy with yourself.

You had a fucking temper tantrum and banned two members because you dislike them and their religion.
It's that simple.

You bullied and harassed and became worse than the people you disliked.

Furthermore you're constantly calling me, Rags and anyone else racist and you've sickened me with your racist abuse toward the British, final straw being the "us original" members comment.

You're a disgrace to yourself and to your age group for that matter.

I'm considering leaving myself.
So that's three Brits you'll have managed to get rid of, and possibly more after today.

Pat yourself on the back bully boy.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:25 pm

Come on Ben ,lets have your input.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Dear God
What a clusterfuck.
Second every word of victors post.
Let's see Bens response and then we will all know where we stand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Hey guys, you've noticed that I haven't been around much. There are a number of reasons for this, which I'll go through in a second, but I first want to say that I trust the other admins here to always try to do the right thing, but nobody ever makes every decision correctly. Specifically, I don't believe Veya banned them just because he doesn't like them.

I also want to thank the other admins for their work while I've been busy.

Okay, so for one thing, we're nearing the end of high school football and volleyball season, which is one of the busiest times of year for me at work. I was working last night until after 9 p.m., and my Fridays (football days) are pretty much marathons -- designing my sports sections during the day, then spending at least another 5 hours covering a football game at night, when all's said and done (including driving to and from, etc.).

Second, I adopted my dog two months ago and that's another demand on my time. He needs to be walked for two to three hours per day, he needs to be played with, groomed (grappling with a very stubborn flea problem), etc.

Given that and the simple fact that this site really hasn't turned out like I'd hoped -- I get to the point where if I see another Muslim-bashing thread I feel like vomiting out of sheer boredom -- and no, when I have a little free time, I'm quite motivated to do something fun or relaxing rather than try to herd cats over here.

Eddie has been asking the rest of the mods whether there isn't something we can do to make this site a little more fun. I'd really like to see a lot of ideas on this, because I'm frankly fed up with the monotony and the nastiness.

I know one thing that would make it more fun for me is if I could behave more like a member and not have to spend time with all the interpersonal drama some of us seem to thrive upon. Basically, we need to act our ages better.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:04 pm

They didn't break any rules so perhaps you can tell us if it's ok to just ban people for NOT breaking rules?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:06 pm

eddie wrote:They didn't break any rules so perhaps you can tell us if it's ok to just ban people for NOT breaking rules?

I haven't had the chance to talk to Veya yet, so that's what I'd like to do first.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:06 pm

And you're right Ben.

Muslim-bashing threads arent nice.
Christian-bashing ones aren't either.

I guess we live in a world where two wrongs DO make a right?

Crock of shit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Hey guys, you've noticed that I haven't been around much. There are a number of reasons for this, which I'll go through in a second, but I first want to say that I trust the other admins here to always try to do the right thing, but nobody ever makes every decision correctly. Specifically, I don't believe Veya banned them just because he doesn't like them.

Okay, so for one thing, we're nearing the end of high school football and volleyball season, which is one of the busiest times of year for me at work. I was working last night until after 9 p.m., and my Fridays (football days) are pretty much marathons -- designing my sports sections during the day, then spending at least another 5 hours covering a football game at night, when all's said and done (including driving to and from, etc.).

Second, I adopted my dog two months ago and that's another demand on my time. He needs to be walked for two to three hours per day, he needs to be played with, groomed (grappling with a very stubborn flea problem), etc.

Given that and the simple fact that this site really hasn't turned out like I'd hoped -- I get to the point where if I see another Muslim-bashing thread I feel like vomiting out of sheer boredom -- and no, when I have a little free time, I'm quite motivated to do something fun or relaxing rather than try to herd cats over here.

Eddie has been asking the rest of the mods whether there isn't something we can do to make this site a little more fun. I'd really like to see a lot of ideas on this, because I'm frankly fed up with the monotony and the nastiness.

I know one thing that would make it more fun for me is if I could behave more like a member and not have to spend time with all the interpersonal drama some of us seem to thrive upon. Basically, we need to act our ages better.

I'd like to see VOD and HF unbanned really. They didn't do anything wrong. Veya and Didge don't like the devotional thread, and Didge threatened to wreck it. The ban came out of the blue after eddie told Veya that he was behaving like a bully. Up until then it was all pretty normal with the usual arguments, etc. Veya suddenly said he was banning them both, and also said that they had "sneaked" back on anyway - in cahoots with eddie.

You're fed up with Muslim-bashing threads? Well I'm fed up with Christian-bashing threads too, and the devotional thread was just one where nobody was bashing anyone - it was nice quotes from the Bible. All I was asking was for that one thread to be left alone by the bashers.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:07 pm

eddie wrote:And you're right Ben.

Muslim-bashing threads arent nice.
Christian-bashing ones aren't either.

I guess we live in a world where two wrongs DO make a right?

Crock of shit.

I think it's just human nature that people offended by one type of thread would start the other, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Also, if Didge does come back, I think he should be told to tone it down a bit. He was awful to eddie today, and he chases people around the forum just stirring it up for "fun".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Hey guys, you've noticed that I haven't been around much. There are a number of reasons for this, which I'll go through in a second, but I first want to say that I trust the other admins here to always try to do the right thing, but nobody ever makes every decision correctly. Specifically, I don't believe Veya banned them just because he doesn't like them.

I'd like to see VOD and HF unbanned really. They didn't do anything wrong. Veya and Didge don't like the devotional thread, and Didge threatened to wreck it. The ban came out of the blue after eddie told Veya that he was behaving like a bully. Up until then it was all pretty normal with the usual arguments, etc. Veya suddenly said he was banning them both, and also said that they had "sneaked" back on anyway - in cahoots with eddie.

You're fed up with Muslim-bashing threads? Well I'm fed up with Christian-bashing threads too, and the devotional thread was just one where nobody was bashing anyone - it was nice quotes from the Bible. All I was asking was for that one thread to be left alone by the bashers.

Yeah, and then they created a "devotional thread for moslems" where they were trying to paint Islam in a bad light. They were just as nasty as anybody else.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Vod and HF did nothing but post the passages they always post.

Veya and didge posted spam after spam and tried to provoke by harassing the two members mentioned.

If anyone broke the rules: they did.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yeah, and then they created a "devotional thread for moslems" where they were trying to paint Islam in a bad light. They were just as nasty as anybody else.

That was in response to Veya slating Christians in another thread, which I can link to if you like. VOD did it to prove that he wouldn't do it to Muslims. Yes, it was a game - like the one Veya said he was playing by accusing Christians of all sorts of things, and like the one eddie was playing when SM thought she was inciting hatred against Muslims. You have to put it in context. There's been a whole heap of misunderstandings lately, but that wouldn't matter if Veya hadn't taken out his fury on VOD and HF and banned them for no reason.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Oh Ben, and perhaps when you've got a mo, when didge comes back (because he will), you can let him know that I didn't "sneak" anyone on.

I'm not even sure how you could "sneak" a member on anyway.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:24 pm

Let's hope Veya is along soon, I can't wait to hear his justification especially as he was tag teaming with Didge. Didge as usual has fucked off because he is a shyster.
Grown men,bullies on a chat forum. Can't stand bullies

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Vod made a thread so that they could treat all religions the same and post shit on there too.

For some reason Ben you seen to be doing an awful lot of work to make Veya right.

I think everyone already knew what your answer would be.

Throw your rule book out of the window.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:30 pm

I knew what Ben's answer would be, but he did ask for feedback and suggestions. I've tried to explain what happened and put it in context. I don't expect him to take any notice though. It's a shame because this episode has been rather depressing - in forum terms obviously.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Major Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Mods, site owners all over forums have made irrational bans/deletions for years when they have over indulged in alcoholic beverages or not, spitting venom, nastiness in many forms and revenge at posters for their own personal gratification.
These sort of people are usually lifes failures, cowards, bullies, keyboard warriors, no marks and always will be, they aspire to top line management positions, I want to be the boss syndrome but do not have the ability and this makes them feel insecure so they wield the big stick on forums believing they are flameproof.

Been wanting to get that off my chest for some time but please do not think I refer to here, I don't.

The part which sticks in my craw is when a site owner condones by their own silence the unfair actions of their unfair biased mod/mods.

Rant over.

Have cake and a cuppa.

Last edited by Stormee on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Major
Major
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:33 pm

Ben hates VOD and HF, he will be happy they are gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Nems wrote:Ben hates VOD and HF, he will be happy they are gone.

Yes. And that will go for anyone if that rule applies I guess.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:36 pm

There's too much religion-bashing on here in general IMO. Then you get factions forming where Christians are played off against Muslims, or whatever.

In a way, it's hard to avoid the subject of Muslims because of the ISIS business out in Syria and Iraq, but that doesn't mean there needs to be continual bashing of Muslims in general, and there's certainly no need for the Christian-bashing - that's just Didge, Veya, and others stirring it up and being malicious IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:56 pm

There is no justification or excuse for abusing someone over their faith. It is the epitome of ignorance and arrogance.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Most of the Muslim threads on here are news topics.
It's isn't as though most people make threads just to have a go - I certainly don't and, I defend or speak out whenever I see fit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Wow…so someone pulled the doomsday rip-cord and now we are without Vod and HF, on the one hand, and didge on the other. All of them will be missed if we don't get them back.

Actually, if you don’t pull the rip-cord, this site can be a lot of fun. Maybe Veya criticizes the UK, but he is probably mimicking Vic, who doesn’t like anywhere but Britain, and lets you know it. Lol. And is it Christian bashing, or legitimate discussion and debate over a religious issue? We were most of us born Christians; is it bashing to discuss and question what we learned at Church and in history class?

One of the problems is that there are so many false equivalencies in the discussions on this site. False equivalencies are when you say this is the same as that, and it isn't...and you know it. Is the hatred for Muslims on here the equivalent of questions about Christians? Frankly, I don’t think so. Maybe some of you are just sensitive about any questioning about your own religion? But when I see someone taking delight over the death of children, I think that’s a bit much.

And I know that the UK is the all-hallowed land of all that is good and golden in the world Razz but there’s no excuse for demeaning someone by calling his home a “colony”. That’s just hateful.

There’s a lot of hate—most likely jealousy—spewed at the US; the only reason we Americans don’t take offense is because we are better, and we can prove it! Lol. Seriously, criticism of the US is tolerated, even encouraged, because the US is the big dog, and it’s important to comment on what they are doing since they have such power in the world. That’s not the equivalent of calling someone a colony.

False equivalencies permit you to call this, that…when you know what you are doing is crossing over the line. If you find yourself doing that, put it in a question, not in declarative form. That way you open it up for discussion.

So, maybe a little self-censorship is in order. Think temperance.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:09 pm

You didn't really, particularly, get the point Quill. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:11 pm

It's not just questions about Christianity, it's hatred, and it's mockery. Some people might find that perfectly OK, but remember when SM got upset about Islam being insulted? Nobody seemed to mind that did they? When a Christian objects though, they're being "sensitive" or "playing the victim" or whatever.

When it's relentless - all day, every day, with Didge going on and on and on, and other people using someone's faith to have a go at them - it becomes very tedious. Ben is tired of the Muslim-bashing stuff, but he's not tired of the Christian-bashing stuff. That's because he's an ex-Christian and he thinks it's fair game. If he really paid attention, he'd see what I see.

Quite honestly, I don't think anything will change. Didge will be back, and will start his bullshit the second he joins again. VOD and HF will still be banned. Christianity will still be abused daily, and Veya will still promote his hatred of Brits.

I'm not sure it's worth staying really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:Wow…so someone pulled the doomsday rip-cord and now we are without Vod and HF, on the one hand, and didge on the other.  All of them will be missed if we don't get them back.

Actually, if you don’t pull the rip-cord, this site can be a lot of fun.  Maybe Veya criticizes the UK, but he is probably mimicking Vic, who doesn’t like anywhere but Britain, and lets you know it.  Lol.  And is it Christian bashing, or legitimate discussion and debate over a religious issue?  We were most of us born Christians; is it bashing to discuss and question what we learned at Church and in history class?

One of the problems is that there are so many false equivalencies in the discussions on this site.  False equivalencies are when you say this is the same as that, and it isn't...and you know it.  Is the hatred for Muslims on here the equivalent of questions about Christians?  Frankly, I don’t think so.  Maybe some of you are just sensitive about any questioning about your own religion?  But when I see someone taking delight over the death of children, I think that’s a bit much.

And I know that the UK is the all-hallowed land of all that is good and golden in the world  Razz  but there’s no excuse for demeaning someone by calling his home a “colony”.  That’s just hateful.  

no.its historical fact

There’s a lot of hate—most likely jealousy—spewed at the US; the only reason we Americans don’t take offense is because we are better, and we can prove it!  Lol.  Seriously, criticism of the US is tolerated, even encouraged, because the US is the big dog, and it’s important to comment on what they are doing since they have such power in the world.  That’s not the equivalent of calling someone a colony.

False equivalencies permit you to call this, that…when you know what you are doing is crossing over the line.  If you find yourself doing that, put it in a question, not in declarative form.  That way you open it up for discussion.

So, maybe a little self-censorship is in order.  Think temperance.

Self censorship ? I hope you include yourself in that. Anyway what you isn't really relevant to what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:14 pm

eddie wrote:You didn't really, particularly, get the point Quill. Rolling Eyes

Frankly, I think I hit he nail on the head. In the heat of debate, we lose the sense or propriety of what is being said. It gets increasingly brash. And it gets increasingly personal. We can recognize when it gets personal; we need to develop a sense of when it gets too brash.

False equivalencies are so often how one oversteps.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's not just questions about Christianity, it's hatred, and it's mockery. Some people might find that perfectly OK, but remember when SM got upset about Islam being insulted? Nobody seemed to mind that did they? When a Christian objects though, they're being "sensitive" or "playing the victim" or whatever.

When it's relentless - all day, every day, with Didge going on and on and on, and other people using someone's faith to have a go at them - it becomes very tedious. Ben is tired of the Muslim-bashing stuff, but he's not tired of the Christian-bashing stuff. That's because he's an ex-Christian and he thinks it's fair game. If he really paid attention, he'd see what I see.

Quite honestly, I don't think anything will change. Didge will be back, and will start his bullshit the second he joins again. VOD and HF will still be banned. Christianity will still be abused daily, and Veya will still promote his hatred of Brits.

You are not alone in thinking that way. Ben will be relieved if we all leave. He didn't invite us. Also he has never managed impartial

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Nems wrote:no.its historical fact

Ah, but that's not the way you intend it, Nems. You are hiding behind the truth. There's the false equivalency.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Nems wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Wow…so someone pulled the doomsday rip-cord and now we are without Vod and HF, on the one hand, and didge on the other.  All of them will be missed if we don't get them back.

Actually, if you don’t pull the rip-cord, this site can be a lot of fun.  Maybe Veya criticizes the UK, but he is probably mimicking Vic, who doesn’t like anywhere but Britain, and lets you know it.  Lol.  And is it Christian bashing, or legitimate discussion and debate over a religious issue?  We were most of us born Christians; is it bashing to discuss and question what we learned at Church and in history class?

One of the problems is that there are so many false equivalencies in the discussions on this site.  False equivalencies are when you say this is the same as that, and it isn't...and you know it.  Is the hatred for Muslims on here the equivalent of questions about Christians?  Frankly, I don’t think so.  Maybe some of you are just sensitive about any questioning about your own religion?  But when I see someone taking delight over the death of children, I think that’s a bit much.

And I know that the UK is the all-hallowed land of all that is good and golden in the world  Razz  but there’s no excuse for demeaning someone by calling his home a “colony”.  That’s just hateful.  

no.its historical fact

There’s a lot of hate—most likely jealousy—spewed at the US; the only reason we Americans don’t take offense is because we are better, and we can prove it!  Lol.  Seriously, criticism of the US is tolerated, even encouraged, because the US is the big dog, and it’s important to comment on what they are doing since they have such power in the world.  That’s not the equivalent of calling someone a colony.

False equivalencies permit you to call this, that…when you know what you are doing is crossing over the line.  If you find yourself doing that, put it in a question, not in declarative form.  That way you open it up for discussion.

So, maybe a little self-censorship is in order.  Think temperance.

Self censorship ? I hope you include yourself in that. Anyway what you isn't really relevant to what happened.

Yes - considering that he accused Nicko of killing children.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's not just questions about Christianity, it's hatred, and it's mockery. Some people might find that perfectly OK, but remember when SM got upset about Islam being insulted? Nobody seemed to mind that did they? When a Christian objects though, they're being "sensitive" or "playing the victim" or whatever.

It's pretty much how I feel too.

I think didge and Veya got pretty caught up in their own exceptionally massive egos and decided that "these Christians need a lesson"
It was bullying and harassment, and to their credit, Vod and HF didn't report them or even moan particularly.

What stinks, what absolutely stinks, is the total hypocrisy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Anyway, the point is that VOD and HF were unfairly banned. If this was a forum where bannings were common, I don't think it would be so bad, but they're not common here.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:20 pm

eddie wrote:

It's pretty much how I feel too.

I think didge and Veya got pretty caught up in their own exceptionally massive egos and decided that "these Christians need a lesson"
It was bullying and harassment, and to their credit, Vod and HF didn't report them or even moan particularly.

What stinks, what absolutely stinks, is the total hypocrisy.

Yes! It's an ego thing. They think they're entitled to be as hurtful and as nasty as they like because they can, and nobody will say one fucking word to them - least of all Ben.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nems wrote:no.its historical fact

Ah, but that's not the way you intend it, Nems.  You are hiding behind the truth.  There's the false equivalency.

No. Not here.

This thread isn't about black fucking people and your apparent "saving" of them!!!!

Last edited by eddie on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:

Yes - considering that he accused Nicko of killing children.

Yes and he accused me of being damaged by an inappropriate relationship with my father. So a bit of practice what you preach wouldn't go amiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:46 pm

As I haven't been here I've been doing a bit of catching up, and the trouble seems to stem from:

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t11986-a-wonderful-daily-devotional-to-set-up-moslems-for-the-day

Now, I think everyone seems to be somewhat naive about why they should have started such a thread.  HF claims to know a lot about the Q'ran etc and I don't think that his use of the word 'moslem' instead of 'Muslim' was a mistake.  Some of you might not know it, but I bet Veya does, that the word 'moslem' is considered an insult and I'll bet it was intended as such:

A Muslim in Arabic means”one who gives himself to God,” and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means”one who is evil and unjust” when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a z.

Plus, Veya posted some quotes and was immediately set upon by HF and Vod and asked if he couldn't find nasty quotes.

I also think that Brits have a very blinkered view of how they are viewed by the rest of the world:

Cypriots who fought British colonial rule were interned and tortured; raped, beaten and whipped.

Britain executed thousands who resisted them in Burma (Myanmar). Saya San who led the rebellion was hanged.

Britain thwarted democracy and freedom in Yemen during the 60s. Doing it again today with their Saudi/US allies.

Britain beheaded those who rebelled against colonialism in Burma. After they displayed the heads to scare locals.

Two brothers were kidnapped & brutally tortured by Black and Tans in Ireland. Their bodies were burned, grenades detonated in their mouths.

British soldiers in Aden during the so-called emergency competed for "Golliwog" stickers,awarded for killing an Arab

Millions were 'disappeared' during and after India's 1st War of Independence, often referred to as the Indian Mutiny

Nassau Senior, Queen Victoria's economist was concerned British engineered famine wouldn't kill enough Irish people.
Vod and HF banned; I'd like a reason please  - Page 3 CRyHLZtWIAA1ItQ

'Real Jhansi massacre' saw 5000 murdered. The city destroyed, "No maudlin clemency was to mark the fall of the city”
Vod and HF banned; I'd like a reason please  - Page 3 CRuzy_NWsAA6DPU
Food laced with arsenic was left out for Aboriginal Australians by British settlers.

Britain's horrific crushing of the Chinese resistance to opium dealing saw City of Canton reduced to rubble.

And so much more.

People forget, places like Australia are peopled with those who have roots in all those countries, they don't view Brits as benign in any way.

As for Veya referring to the 'originals, he's right, this forum was lovely when I first joined, unfortunately we seem to have brought our shit with us.

Bloody hell, that took a long time to type and now my hand hurts again, so I'll let you slag it off in peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:53 pm

Sassy hates VOD & HF too. No one is innocent on this forum but Veya had no justification for banning them. That is what should be the talking point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:59 pm

I've already explained why VOD started that thread, but I don't suppose anyone bothered to pay attention. The trouble started before that in another thread anyway - several days before.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Nems wrote:Sassy hates VOD & HF too. No one is innocent on this forum but Veya had no justification for banning them. That is what should be the talking point.

She hates the Brits too. Strange really.

Anyway, I've said what I think about all this shit. Ben will just dismiss any view but his own, even though he asked for suggestions.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:02 pm

I blame Hugh.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:Sassy hates VOD & HF too. No one is innocent on this forum but Veya had no justification for banning them. That is what should be the talking point.

Anyway, I've said what I think about all this shit. Ben will just dismiss any view but his own, even though he asked for suggestions.

I don't hate Brits, I just don't walk around with my eyes closed about the things we have done and pretend we are a wonderful angelic nation.

However, I do hate Vod and HF with extremely good reason, that isn't why I wrote the above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:09 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't hate Brits, I just don't walk around with my eyes closed about the things we have done and pretend we are a wonderful angelic nation.

However, I do hate Vod and HF with extremely good reason, that isn't why I wrote the above.

You live in the past, along with others. Why do people bang on and on about things which happened years ago? All this crap about British people and what happened years ago is just an excuse to bash the present-day Brits. It's not as if other countries are innocent is it? Besides, the Americans and Australians seem to forget that it's their ancestors who did this stuff in their countries, not the ancestors of people who are in Britain.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

You live in the past, along with others. Why do people bang on and on about things which happened years ago? All this crap about British people and what happened years ago is just an excuse to bash the present-day Brits. It's not as if other countries are innocent is it? Besides, the Americans and Australians seem to forget that it's their ancestors who did this stuff in their countries, not the ancestors of people who are in Britain.

I'm afraid you don't get the point.  A lot of that wasn't all that long ago and it colours the perception of us the rest of the world has.  As for living in the past, over the last 20 years we have been the cause of 100s of 1000s of people dying in this world, not just from wars.   I refuse to close my eyes to it and pretend we are angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Even this thread is now a Brit-bashing thread. Same old, same old ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:23 pm

Oh dear, you really can't see any further than the end of your nose.  No, my post was about why Veya doesn't see the world the way Brits see it and why the 'Moslem' thread would have annoyed him.  Now, my hand has had quite enough typing and is killing me, so night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:26 pm

sassy wrote:Oh dear, you really can't see any further than the end of your nose.  No, my post was about why Veya doesn't see the world the way Brits see it and why the 'Moslem' thread would have annoyed him.  Now, my hand has had quite enough typing and is killing me, so night.

You haven't paid attention to why VOD started that thread have you? Do you ever read anyone else's posts? He wasn't annoyed about that thread, he was annoyed about the Christian thread. You haven't been here, so you have no idea of the context.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next