NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the reason I shoot

+4
Eilzel
gerber
Raggamuffin
Lone Wolf
8 posters

Go down

One of the reason I shoot Empty One of the reason I shoot

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Campaigners, and MPs in the North East where the red squirrel can still be found, have expressed their shock at the abandonment of the law requiring people to report grey squirrels on their land so they can be exterminated.

The Solicitor General for England and Wales, Oliver Heald, told an MPs’ committee on deregulation: “it is no longer considered feasible to eradicate grey squirrels, so the requirement to report their presence on one’s land is no longer useful or observed.”

But the Director of the Red Squirrel Survival Trust, Janet Wickens, told The Independent she is concerned that ministers seem to have given up on the species.

She said that the organisation understands that the current statute is unenforceable due to the prominence of grey squirrels in many parts of the country, but stressed it is important to remind people grey squirrels are not native to the UK, and are destructive to both forests and businesses.

“Where there are red squirrels we are already culling and controlling grey squirrels to protect the native species. Where there are red squirrels there’s a keen awareness of the need to be alert to the presence of greys," said Ms Wickens.

“What we are saying is in the future things may be different. We were quite surprised to hear that ministers had given up. As science develops there may be ways of using reproduction control to work towards removing grey squirrels," she added.

Unwitting traders imported the grey species from the US to the UK in the 19th century, when the animals were regarded as being fashionable to have on estates.

The red squirrel population has since declined dramatically, and it is estimated that only 30,000 currently remain in the UK.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

One of the reason I shoot Empty Re: One of the reason I shoot

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:48 pm

I love grey squirrels, and I don't get why people object to them.

What does the thread title mean?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:09 pm

They make lovely warm hats, coats and mittens.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:25 pm

I don't approve of shooting animals, especially for sporting reasons.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:28 pm

so ragga...you are happy to see our native red squirrel wiped out...

ahh...you are a supporter of squirrel  multiculturalism.... Shocked Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:29 pm

gerber wrote:They make lovely warm hats, coats and mittens.

they do indeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:12 pm

Wearing animal fur is grotesque Sad

I don't see the problem with greys to be honest; and while we are being honest, if it wasn't for the greys damaging the population of reds, the pro-killing for sport brigade would be justifying the murder of reds instead...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Eilzel wrote:Wearing animal fur is grotesque Sad

I don't see the problem with greys to be honest; and while we are being honest, if it wasn't for the greys damaging the population of reds, the pro-killing for sport brigade would be justifying the murder of reds instead...

Nobody has mentioned the Blacks, they are even more of a menace.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Curiously, there is a colony? of predominantly black squiggles at Wildwood wildlife park in Kent. Saw them last year - look a bit gothic!
Always happy to turn greys to red by chopping them down with my car.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:26 pm

oh come on les...dont YOU start this emotive rubbish too...i thought YOU could THINK..
Look up the "general licence"...and see why what you have just said is so silly.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:32 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

oh come on les...dont YOU start this emotive rubbish too...i thought YOU could THINK..
Look up the "general licence"...and see why what you have just said is so silly.....

Do you need to kill animals for sport?

No

If humans did not interfere with nature, they would not mess with the balance, thus humans are to blame for the situation and then it is the likes of you that thinks it gives you the green light to feel empowered to get your gun off

Wow what a man, give yourself a pat on the back, just once I would like to see how you would feel if hunted by other men all armed and you have nothing to defend yourself with, no doubt if you made it out alive, I am sure you would be in need of changing your pants. As the reality is those who hunt for sport do so to feel empowerment to take the life of another.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Some time ago the good guys stopped the culling of the Exmoor Deer, culling, hunting very much in the same vein.

The goodgoodytwo shoes may have prevented many from being shot but are thus preventing their habitats to remain healthy and thus the deer.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:14 pm

It says a lot about a person if they enjoy killing animals by shooting them, hunting them, or running them over in their car.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:23 pm

gerber wrote:Some time ago the good guys stopped the culling of the Exmoor Deer, culling, hunting very much in the same vein.

The goodgoodytwo shoes may have prevented many from being shot but are thus preventing their habitats to remain healthy and thus the deer.

I think I am right Gerbs, they didn't stop the culling, what they stopped was stag hunting with hounds thanks goodness.   I dread to think how many times we nearly killed staghounds rushing through hedges across the road and the arrogance of the riders when we said we didn't want to be responsible for killing a hound running under the wheels of our truck.   Both my ex and I would have been devastated.

Some bastard shot the 'Emperor of Exmoor' back in 2010, it was a magnificent animal, it was shot by a licenced hunter and people in the area were really angry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:40 pm

You probably would object to my genuine "yeti" fur coat then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Didge wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

Do you need to kill animals for sport?

No

If humans did not interfere with nature, they would not mess with the balance, thus humans are to blame for the situation (well well, one point we agree on, however this is of course a "fait accompli"and since the situation exists man has to EITHER restore the balance (which is likely impossible and or unconsionably expensive) OR act as "apex predator" to maintain some sort of order) and then it is the likes of you that thinks it gives you the green light to feel empowered to get your gun off
actually its the GOVT that green lights which species are "quarry" via the issued "general licence" so up yours...

Wow what a man, give yourself a pat on the back, just once I would like to see how you would feel if hunted by other men all armed and you have nothing to defend yourself with, no doubt if you made it out alive, I am sure you would be in need of changing your pants. As the reality is those who hunt for sport do so to feel empowerment to take the life of another.
More irrelevant emotive claptrap.

what childish emotive rubbish....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:58 pm

I would agree with you if the animal has been raised SOLEY for its fur, that to me is neither necessary or desirable
but I bet you still wear leather shoes....If I shoot a rabbit, which I do for two reasons...one they are an EXPENSIVE pest to agriculture...£300 million....and two they are a tasty pest Wink , why should I not make BEST use and turn the fur into something nice???

I don't see the problem with greys to be honest; did you read the article I posted and besides that they are ALSO an expensive pest, causing massive losses to forestry. and while we are being honest, if it wasn't for the greys damaging the population of reds, the pro-killing for sport brigade would be justifying the murder of reds instead...

And here's me thinking you could understand life a bit les...tsk....if greys disappeared and reds became more common, what makes you think there would be a licence issued to kill them unless there was good evidence they were becoming a pest....the shooting population DO NOT decide what is on the list, the govt, Via natural england do. your knowlege on this is clearly outdated and predicated on ALF nonsense you have picked up from somewhere...At one time it was legal to shoot badgers, they became a bit scarce so it was, rightly stopped. NOW badgers are as common as muck almost everywhere across the UK...do we shoot em NO...do we PRESSURE the govt to be able to shoot em...NO...did the shooting fraternity object to the hamfisted govt "cull experiment" YES...BUT...have you noticed....hedgehogs have become increasingly rare recently....Its not due to "road kill" though that doubless doesnt help...Its because Mr Brock EATS Mrs Tiggywinkle....there is a lot more to this than that simplistic moron didge likes to think.....

another example is this....Go to ANY shoot where the land is "keepered" and look at the sheer number and diversity of songbirds on it....THEN go and look at an RSPB site and note the dismal showing THEY have....why this difference...after all the RSPB is considered an "authority" (it isnt but it likes to think it is). SO why the difference?? well its simple..on a well keepered shoot PREDATORS like crows, magpies etc, and competition like pidgeons are CONTROLLED...NOT exterminated as common (but stupid) belief would have it. So the songbirds flourish. It is an accepted fact (even by the RSPB) that the environment in and around shoots is far better by a long way than elsewhere....

we DONT run around needlessly blasting all and everything we see...we are VERY selective about what is shot, and often about whether it NEEDS to be shot...

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:02 am

the reason Victor or anyone else shoots... they are too unskilled to use a spear  ::pntyswrd:: 
And small penises  ::gnslnger:: 

::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 

it really is a pretty lame sport. the Squirrels don't even know they are in the game  confused and Why do you get a gun and they get nothing, we should at least arm the squirrels to make it fair.

One of the reason I shoot Squirrelpower_zps2959de96
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:04 am

Razz Razz Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:11 am

another enlightening post from veya...are aussies ALL terminally stupid...or is it the sun???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 am

Oh come on, it was funny! Where's your sense of humour gone Victor? Are you ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:33 am

One of the reason I shoot 2Q==
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:34 am

He's got his eye in lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:43 am

Sassy wrote:Oh come on, it was funny!   Where's your sense of humour gone Victor?   Are you ok?

its been didged... Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:52 am

Shocked ::D:: 

Well I'll make SOME of the same points as him without all the waffle  ::D::

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:08 am

victorismyhero wrote:another enlightening post from veya...are aussies ALL terminally stupid...or is it the sun???

No too many knocks to the head Crocodile wrestling  pirat  pirat  pirat  Plus they hold you underwater for a while.... but even then we still catch and release the Crocs we wrestle, no need to kill them. The Epic Drinking Comps after don't help either  Rolling Eyes 
When will and Englishman Actually engage in a sport worthy of a Man, you're taking on squirrels and you still need a gun  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Try shark punching  http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/22053487/vic-surfer-punched-shark-in-head/  Smile Smile Smile Smile 
http://www.scp-wiki.net/10-30-a-m

You will punch sharks. When not punching sharks, you will be planning on punching sharks. You will be developing new ways to punch sharks. You will read about punching sharks. You will write about punching sharks. You will study punching sharks. You will dream about punching sharks. You will jump the shark. You will collect and contain paranormal objects, and then use them to beat up sharks.

Punching sharks is your life.

You may be asking yourself “Self, how am I to punch these sharks?” With your fists.

Last edited by veya_victaous on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:05 am

@Wolf
why would you hit a baby, Got as be at least a 2m bull shark to be considered sport  Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect 

you got to Slap them a few times first to get it mad
One of the reason I shoot Dangerous+Shark+Photos+%2818%29
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:12 am

Even New Zealanders engage in a little Shark punching action

One of the reason I shoot Hqdefault
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:33 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:
another enlightening post from veya...are aussies ALL terminally stupid...or is it the sun???

No too many knocks to the head Crocodile wrestling  pirat  pirat  pirat  Plus they hold you underwater for a while.... but even then we still catch and release the Crocs we wrestle, no need to kill them. The Epic Drink Comps after don't help either  Rolling Eyes 
When will and Englishman Actually engage in a sport worthy of a Man, you're taking on squirrels and you still need a gun  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Razz    SHOULDN'T imagine there would be too much left of a squirrel after unlaoding both barrels of a 12 gau. on it !!!

MUCH more "sporting" it would be if they used a fire-hardened pointed stick, like some of my local ancestors used to do..    afro 

Try shark punching  http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/22053487/vic-surfer-punched-shark-in-head/  Smile SmileSmileSmile
http://www.scp-wiki.net/10-30-a-m

You will punch sharks. When not punching sharks, you will be planning on punching sharks. You will be developing new ways to punch sharks. You will read about punching sharks. You will write about punching sharks. You will study punching sharks. You will dream about punching sharks. You will jump the shark. You will collect and contain paranormal objects, and then use them to beat up sharks.

Punching sharks is your life.

You may be asking yourself “Self, how am I to punch these sharks?”  With your fists.

"Shark punchers" are nappy-wearing idiots...

Cool   I SAW a baby shark in the creek near here...

HOW cool is that !?! And nobody should want to fight it !

(Cue a shark icon - where's FTL with her smiley_library today ?).

I think FTL might be living it up in some island paradise right now ... whatever ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:

Razz    SHOULDN'T imagine there would be too much left of a squirrel after unlaoding both barrels of a 12 gau. on it !!!

MUCH more "sporting" it would be if they used a fire-hardened pointed stick, like some of my local ancestors used to do..    afro 

"Shark punchers" are nappy-wearing idiots...

Cool   I SAW a baby shark in the creek near here...

HOW cool is that !?! And nobody should want to fight it !

(Cue a shark icon - where's FTL with her smiley_library today ?).

I think FTL might be living it up in some island paradise right now ... whatever ...

Soon Ben, soon One of the reason I shoot Sunbat20x

As for sharks????  affraid affraid affraid How's this Lonewolf?  ::D::  x

One of the reason I shoot AG00178_-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:23 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Sassy wrote:Oh come on, it was funny!   Where's your sense of humour gone Victor?   Are you ok?

its been didged... Evil or Very Mad 

Dear me Victor again we get heated as we know to push the other, you though allowed yourself to be goaded, nothing more, because we both like to spat off at each other, blimey mate, it is banter and always has been

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Irn Bru wrote:One of the reason I shoot 2Q==

OI gerrof...thats MY picture.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Soon Ben, soon One of the reason I shoot Sunbat20x

As for sharks????  affraid affraid affraid How's this Lonewolf?  ::D::  x

One of the reason I shoot AG00178_-1

clown 

YEH !   That should fit the bill !   Good one, FTL..

One of the reason I shoot Thank_38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down