NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore

+7
Irn Bru
Tommy Monk
stardesk
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
Andy
eddie
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 Empty Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 am

First topic message reminder :

vehemently anti-migrant column penned by Sun columnist Katie Hopkins, which saw her invite the media to show her “bodies floating in water”, has resurfaced amid heartbreaking images of a drowned Syrian toddler washed up on a Turkish beach. On Wednesday three-year-old Aylan Kurdi was found face-down on a beach in Turkey, after the vessels carrying him, his family and 19 other refugees sank as they attempted to reach the Greek island of Kos. Images of Aylan’s tiny lifeless body being gently carried from the shore have shocked the world – and brought back to mind Hopkins’ comments, in a piece entitled: ‘Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop migrants’.

The mother-of-three likened those fleeing war torn nations – like Aylan and his family who left their hometown of Kobane after it was besieged by Islamic State militants – to “cockroaches” and called for them to be turned away with force.
“No, I don’t care. Show me pictures of coffins, show me bodies floating in the water, play violins and show me skinny people looking sad.
Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 O-AXELROD-570
Katie Hopkins's column in The Sun
“I still don’t care.”
The column which dates back to April has put Hopkins in the firing line on social media once again.
@KTHopkins "Show me bodies floating in the water, I don't care" - Their names were Alyan and Galip. Hang your head. pic.twitter.com/kuWhBR2usr
— Katie Elin-Salt (@KatieElinSalt) September 3, 2015

“@jpublik: Someone got their wish in the end cc @KTHopkins pic.twitter.com/wy8P4iVnBz” Vile. You'd have to have a heart of stone.
— The WOO (@Woo100) September 3, 2015

Good day for you? @KTHopkins pic.twitter.com/pJseQVzCYX
— Al Britten (@AlBritten) September 3, 2015

Anyone who thinks Katie Hopkins is "funny" or "real", she was talking about the little Syrian boy when she said this pic.twitter.com/OvANzEwSQt
— Amy (@AmyxJean) September 3, 2015

Did Katie Hopkins smirk at the little boy, who was dead on the beach, I bet she did. https://t.co/8wB5sddvbQ
— All Jokes Aside (@spittingvenom1) September 3, 2015

Are you happy now @KTHopkins https://t.co/azTodK6wT2
— john michael pratt (@johnmp04) September 3, 2015

does @KTHopkins know the internet never forgets? rot in hell you vile waste of oxygen pic.twitter.com/ZW4LxOyi4j
— Amanda Hugginkiis (@grande_lattte) September 3, 2015

FLASHBACK: @KTHopkins pic.twitter.com/Nhcasjqtly
— Media Guido (@MediaGuido) September 3, 2015

In August it emerged Hopkins had been questioned by police over allegations of incitement of racial hatred – believed to be in connection with the column. A petition calling for Hopkins to be sacked from the newspaper reached more than 300,000 signatures and even the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights added his voice to the protests. Jordanian Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein said the reality television star had used language in her column similar to that used by newspapers and radio stations in Rwanda before the 1994 genocide that led to hundreds of thousands of people being slaughtered.

Al Hussein urged authorities in the UK to use the law to clamp down on "vicious verbal assault on migrants and asylum seekers in the UK tabloid press", adding: "The Nazi media described people their masters wanted to eliminate as rats and cockroaches. This type of language is clearly inflammatory and unacceptable, especially in a national newspaper.

"The Sun's editors took an editorial decision to publish this article, and - if it is found in breach of the law - should be held responsible along with the author." In June Hopkins reflected upon the column, admitting she regretted some of the extreme language she used. She told the Press Association: "There's some things about that column, there are some words which in hindsight you'd probably look to pull out of there.

"But I think overall my message isn't about the idea that we want to see migrants and people suffering, it's an idea that we need to find solutions to problems."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/03/katie-hopkins-attacked-for-migrants-column-after-drowned-syrian-refugee-washes-ashore_n_8081610.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Back to top Go down

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 Empty Re: Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
feelthelove wrote:Katie sails close to the wind at times, she certainly doesn't care what people think.  You'd have to be pretty thick skinned to cope with some of the abuse thrown at her.  She takes as well as she gives and doesn't apologise for her views.

There are plenty of posters here who refuse to budge on their views and to be fair are pretty vocal and never apologise for their opinion.  However there are few if any who can take as they give.

She does get people all riled up though Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 Tantru10 lol!

Is it a right to have your own opinion only if everyone agrees with you or they think your opinion is in good taste? Of course not, having an opinion is not the same as hate speech and we are all entitled to our own views.

Morning FTL

Like I say she is an attention seeker and goes by any means to achieve being the hot topic of conversation for people even where it is negative towards her. She thrives on this. Anyone can have what ever opinion they like, which also means everyone also has a right to berate what they see as a poor opinion.
She gets very close to hate speech in some of her comments and she will at some point cross over, in her attempts and cravings for more attention,.

Hi Didge, hope you're well! At least you know where you stand with her.  I can't take her seriously but it does amuse me how people get so hot under the collar about her Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 Angry10

You can pretty much predict what her opinion will be on most subjects.  Why don't people just ignore her rather than getting their knickers in a twist!! Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 Ignore10

Back to top Go down

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 Empty Re: Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:11 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Morning FTL

Like I say she is an attention seeker and goes by any means to achieve being the hot topic of conversation for people even where it is negative towards her. She thrives on this. Anyone can have what ever opinion they like, which also means everyone also has a right to berate what they see as a poor opinion.
She gets very close to hate speech in some of her comments and she will at some point cross over, in her attempts and cravings for more attention,.

Hi Didge, hope you're well! At least you know where you stand with her.  I can't take her seriously but it does amuse me how people get so hot under the collar about her Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 Angry10

You can pretty much predict what her opinion will be on most subjects.  Why don't people just ignore her rather than getting their knickers in a twist!! Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 Ignore10

Which is a very good point on why people do get hot under the collar.
If you starved her of this attention, her views would quickly fade from public view and she would not be sought after for making comments if people were not reacting towards her. So I agree that people should not bite as badly as they do when she entices such reactions by what she deliberately states. Though I also do think it is important for people highly regarded in society to speak publically against here views. To show with sound reasoning why they are wrong. The twiitter hissy fits though just encourage her to make further comments, because they are giving her the attention she needs.
I am well by the way, how are you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

If you starved her of this attention, her views would quickly fade from public view and she would not be sought after for making comments if people were not reacting towards her. So I agree that people should not bite as badly as they do when she entices such reactions by what she deliberately states. Though I also do think it is important for people highly regarded in society to speak publically against here views. To show with sound reasoning why they are wrong. The twiitter hissy fits though just encourage her to make further comments, because they are giving her the attention she needs.

Very good thank you Didge, it's the weekend and the sun is shining Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 2681620681

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:18 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Very good thank you Didge, it's the weekend and the sun is shining Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 2681620681

Happy days FTL

Enjoy 

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:20 pm

She a bully, pure and simple.  And to make matter worse, she is paid to be the biggest bully she can be, she makes other people money from it.  Half the time I don't even think she believes what she says, Murdoch tells her to shit stir, so she does.  You never see her pick on the strong, just people she thinks are weaker or poorer, or both.  She even looks like a chastised child when someone tells her to shut up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:49 pm

It's all one big game. She is earning a good living saying things designed to provoke. Best thing would be to ignore her. She couldn't handle that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Nems wrote:It's all one big game. She is earning a good living saying things designed to provoke. Best thing would be to ignore her. She couldn't handle that.

No one likes to be ignored do they although she may get even more vocal initially.  I could see lots of tantrums being thrown  Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 Angry_10

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Most people in the public eye could be classed as attention-seekers to be fair.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:02 pm

eddie wrote:Most people in the public eye could be classed as attention-seekers to be fair.

This is true, but its the lenghs she goes to that makes her stand up more than the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:08 pm

eddie wrote:Most people in the public eye could be classed as attention-seekers to be fair.

very true and she is making a lot of money too .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:25 pm

Laughing Out Loud wrote:

VOD! How are you? Welcome back Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 2681620681

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:26 pm

It's laughing out loud aka Doris

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:12 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Laughing Out Loud wrote:

VOD! How are you? Welcome back Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 2681620681

thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

thanks Smile

Oh hello! I didn't know it was you. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

thanks Smile

hello how are you ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

hello how are you ?

Bearing up I guess. Hope you're well.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

hello how are you ?

Bearing up I guess. Hope you're well.

Yes very well thanks just been away for 10 days to the Dales had a wonderful time .

corrected for eddie Wink

Last edited by Vicar Of Dibley on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Who's Dale?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:17 pm

eddie wrote:Who's Dale?

Yorkshire lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Evening all. Whilst I agree that all we humans have a right to benefit from our advances in civilization, surely there is a limit to how many people you can accomodate? I think you are all missing the hidden message in Hopkins article, and that is we don't have room for any more.

I know I'll get some negative answers to this, but, the media, by showing pictures of the poor lad, stirred up emotions which became attached to more practical issues. Yes it was sad, but face it, many hundreds of people have died trying to cross the Med. Men, women, children. Has their death caused an emotional backlash? No it hasn't.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:20 pm

stardesk wrote:Evening all. Whilst I agree that all we humans have a right to benefit from our advances in civilization, surely there is a limit to how many people you can accomodate? I think you are all missing the hidden message in Hopkins article, and that is we don't have room for any more.

I know I'll get some negative answers to this, but, the media, by showing pictures of the poor lad, stirred up emotions which became attached to more practical issues. Yes it was sad, but face it, many hundreds of people have died trying to cross the Med. Men, women, children. Has their death caused an emotional backlash? No it hasn't.

Hi Stardesk

First of all your stand point claiming we are full is very inaccurate. By full you mean finate, no more people which would mean shipping off every new born baby that exceeds the death rate. We are not even close to being full, we have stacks of room. This country has grown from the time of Christ of one million  to 62 million today and we have always accomadated. Reasons to deny others is based on selfish reasoning of not wanting to share our land. Which goes against every principle we teach our chlidren in how to share. You can hardly teach such a lesson to a child, when as an adult you refuse to share a land you do not even own, You then say hundreds have died, that is correct and sadly it takes the picture of a dead child for people to react. The fact is that help should have come far sooner. The fact is all their deaths should have caused an emotional backlash. All of their deaths should have been prevented. Saying we are full when there is no bases for such a claim is based on selfish reasoning. You may claim that is evolution at work, well I beg to differ. As what makes humans so different, is their ability for compassion. The world needs to learn to work together or will die togther through their actions. This country can not run off its own resources. If people took the stance you suggest with the UK, it would be in total anacrhy within days. People need to stop thinking only of themselves, as other lives matter too.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:13 pm

1) If blair hadn't opened the doors to untold thousands of migrants then i think people might be a bit more open to the idea of taking refugees.

2) We do not have the infrastructure in place to even cope with the amount of people we have at the moment. schools, hospitals, local health centres, etc etc are bursting with the strain of trying to cope

3) The islamic countries close to syria should be taking them all in. not europe.

4) i like katie hopkins. yes she's a complete twat at times. yes she can be a total bitch but i still like her

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:15 pm

We have 100,000 people homeless in the UK, we have 900,000 homes empty, many of them because of developers making money out of leaving them standing until the price goes up more.  With the will to do it, we could house ours and the refugees.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:15 pm

Fair post gelico
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:16 pm

No it's not, it's the propaganda that has been put out by the likes of the Daily Mail and nowhere near the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:20 pm

A lot of people don't have enough to feed themselves.
A lot if people aren't able to get the medical,care they need, quickly enough, or at all.
A lot of people can't get their children into schools.

You can see why some people are worried.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:23 pm

gelico again wrote:
1)  If blair hadn't opened the doors to untold thousands of migrants then i think people might be a bit more open to the idea of taking refugees.
Fair point but one born still from irrational reasons. That people allow themselves to point the finger at others
2) We do not have the infrastructure in place to even cope with the amount of people we have at the moment.  schools, hospitals, local health centres, etc etc are bursting with the strain of trying to cope
Actually we have the infrustructure and the people to cope. You are making unfounded claims based on how some decide how a nation should cope

3)  The islamic countries close to syria should be taking them all in.  not europe.
They have done with well over 3 million refugees there in Jorden, Lebanon and Turkey. So your reason is now based on proximity to where you think people should have to accept whether they feel safe

4) i like katie hopkins.  yes she's a complete twat at times.  yes she can be a total bitch but i still like her

Then you like someone without reason who is directed by negative views all the time
So why would you like something negative, as negtaivity only brings pain and suffering?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:24 pm

sassy wrote:We have 100,000 people homeless in the UK, we have 900,000 homes empty, many of them because of developers making money out of leaving them standing until the price goes up more.  With the will to do it, we could house ours and the refugees.

900,000 homes belonging to who? does no one own these empty homes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:26 pm

Saudi arabia is absolutely huge. why is no one going there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:26 pm

eddie wrote:A lot of people don't have enough to feed themselves.
A lot if people aren't able to get the medical,care they need, quickly enough, or at all.
A lot of people can't get their children into schools.

You can see why some people are worried.

Really?
Their worry is again based off selfish reasoning, where ths methodology to rights is based on geography.
To say people are worried is born prey to fear itself. It means you allow scare stories to persaude you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:28 pm

gelico again wrote:Saudi arabia is absolutely huge.  why is no one going there?

Did you ever think it might have something to do with the fact they have seen wahabbism up real close and personal with ISIS.
So would you flee in the direction of a sect of Islam, that classes any Muslims outside this doctrine as a heretic?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:30 pm

twitterer:@katie hopkins - i dont get why you always slag off ginger people.  what's wrong with ginger people

katie hopkins::  i ask myself that very same question every time one of them gets in my way

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:32 pm

gelico again wrote:
sassy wrote:We have 100,000 people homeless in the UK, we have 900,000 homes empty, many of them because of developers making money out of leaving them standing until the price goes up more.  With the will to do it, we could house ours and the refugees.

900,000 homes belonging to who?  does no one own these empty homes?

Mostly developers, or councils who no longer have the money to do anything with them because of the cut backs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:34 pm

gelico again wrote:twitterer:@katie hopkins - i dont get why you always slag off ginger people.  what's wrong with ginger people

katie hopkins::  i ask myself that very same question every time one of them gets in my way

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore - Page 2 3489511464

Good attempt at deflecting questions posed to you. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:35 pm

I read that Saudi is scared of the refugees because, obviously, SA is helping bomb ISIS. SA is worried about Syrians who are fleeing the bombings, rather than ISIS, and might be hostile to SA.

There are some who say that, despite this fear, the country has taken in about a half-million Syrians.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:35 pm

Developers make money out of them.

Here's one:

the camps is correct, if any of them are, the implication for investors is the same. The fact that there are 900,000 empty homes across the country suggests there is still plenty of inventory available to anyone who wants to get involved in buy-to-let investing.
Empty homes offer a great investment in this regard because they generate monthly income in addition to an overall return that is much better than you'll get from almost any other type of investment vehicle. For example, yields as high as 15% are not unheard of among clients of Fruitful Property.
Buy-to-let investing begins by selecting the right empty homes to add to your portfolio. This is where Fruitful Property comes in. We have been helping investors locate the most desirable properties since 2006. And make no mistake about it, we do not offer our clients jump properties. We take the time to send out hundreds of enquiries every month only to settle on just a few dozen properties we are willing to list.
Once we help you secure an empty home or two, the next step is to do the renovations necessary to prepare the properties for the rental market. As long as the total of the purchase price and renovations does not exceed market value, the owner instantly makes money from the equity.
Fruitful Property helps facilitate this by searching for off market properties at prices 20% to 30% lower than market value. Prices this low give the investor enough room to make renovations without destroying all of the equity. Once the property is placed on the rental market, the investor enjoys a residual monthly income for as long as he or she owns the home.
Empty homes represent one of the most lucrative investments you can put your money into. If you are ready to see just how well you could do in the buy-to-let market, we encourage you to get in touch with us at Fruitful Property. Doing so will put you on a road to financial success that could secure your future.

http://www.fruitfulpropertyinvestment.co.uk/investment-news.html/experts-disagree-over-empty-homes-and-need-for-new-construction/

Last edited by sassy on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:35 pm

sassy wrote:
gelico again wrote:

900,000 homes belonging to who?  does no one own these empty homes?

Mostly developers, or councils who no longer have the money to do anything with them because of the cut backs.

well then why would the developers or whoever paid for them to be built just be basically giving them away?

You can't just take something that doesn't belong to you and give it to someone else

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:38 pm

gelico again wrote:
sassy wrote:

well then why would the developers or whoever paid for them to be built just be basically giving them away?

You can't just take something that doesn't belong to you and give it to someone else

If they are letting them just sit there, if they haven't developed them after a certain time they should be forfeit, the country can't have housing stock treated in that way while people need homes.  We have the housing stock for people if we have the will to do something about it.   Why the hell should the rich be able to buy it up and let it sit there when people need it?  It's immoral.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:39 pm

gelico again wrote:
sassy wrote:

Reallly, have you never received the love from someone else?
Are you saying we should not accept love when it is freely given?
By that extension, you are saying because of that love, you cannot share that love elsewhere?
Love is contagious, its a powerful drug. Love is found within all of us, so you can take that love and give that love to someone else

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:42 pm

sassy wrote:
gelico again wrote:

If they are letting them just sit there, if they haven't developed them after a certain time they should be forfeit, the country can't have housing stock treated in that way while people need homes.  We have the housing stock for people if we have the will to do something about it.   Why the hell should the rich be able to buy it up and let it sit there when people need it?  It's immoral.

part of the problem i feel is that house building has become incredibly expensive so even the so called 'affordable housing' projects leaves many completely unable to ever get on the ladder.

they still cost money to build and it would be still immoral to just say 'right no one is living there so we (the government/council) are no going to take it.

should be forfeit? you wouldn't be saying that if you had forked out for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:45 pm

If there are houses sitting around empty, shouldn't we be giving them to the needy and homeless residents of the UK first?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:48 pm

eddie wrote:If there are houses sitting around empty, shouldn't we be giving them to the needy and homeless residents of the UK first?

As I said, we could do that and still have 800,000 left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:48 pm

eddie wrote:If there are houses sitting around empty, shouldn't we be giving them to the needy and homeless residents of the UK first?

So you say they should be given to the needy first.
Are not refugees needy first alongside homeless people?
What has geography got to do with helping people?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:49 pm

yes eddie - if it was ever fair to just 'take' empty houses then it should be for members of our armed forces who have been made homeless (shame on the government for that) not given to new people coming in to the country

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 pm

and all politicians can give up their second homes to refugees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 pm

gelico again wrote:
sassy wrote:

part of the problem i feel is that house building has become incredibly expensive so even the so called 'affordable housing' projects leaves many completely unable to ever get on the ladder.

they still cost money to build and it would be still immoral to just say 'right no one is living there so we (the government/council) are no going to take it.

should be forfeit?  you wouldn't be saying that if you had forked out for it.

Sorry, I would have absolutely no compunction about taking the houses away.  We have a duty to people who live here, not to the rich and greedy who don't give a fuck about the rest of the country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:51 pm

gelico again wrote:

yes eddie - if it was ever fair to just 'take' empty houses then it should be for members of our armed forces who have been made homeless (shame on the government for that) not given to new people coming in to the country

Yet again Geli, there are enough to do that and have 800,000 over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:53 pm

sassy wrote:
gelico again wrote:

should be forfeit?  you wouldn't be saying that if you had forked out for it.

Sorry, I would have absolutely no compunction about taking the houses away.  We have a duty to people who live here, not to the rich and greedy who don't give a fuck about the rest of the country.

you would steal peoples property under the guise of morality??

how do you think people get rich sassy? hard work and effort perhaps? and along you come and say right someone else is having that because you're rich and you have no right to be?

you serious?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:54 pm

gelico again wrote:

Emotive issue, one I share should take priority, but that ignores the main issue, where we can certainly hekp those who come seeking for this.
Being born to a peice of land you do not own. does not mean you can deny others their rights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:55 pm

sassy wrote:
gelico again wrote:

Yet again Geli, there are enough to do that and have 800,000 over.

sorry sass i wasn't ignoring that statment. then there needs to be a solution but you can't just take something that someone owns and give it away to someone else

little tip....socialism doesn't work

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next