NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore

+7
Irn Bru
Tommy Monk
stardesk
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
Andy
eddie
11 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore Empty Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 am

vehemently anti-migrant column penned by Sun columnist Katie Hopkins, which saw her invite the media to show her “bodies floating in water”, has resurfaced amid heartbreaking images of a drowned Syrian toddler washed up on a Turkish beach. On Wednesday three-year-old Aylan Kurdi was found face-down on a beach in Turkey, after the vessels carrying him, his family and 19 other refugees sank as they attempted to reach the Greek island of Kos. Images of Aylan’s tiny lifeless body being gently carried from the shore have shocked the world – and brought back to mind Hopkins’ comments, in a piece entitled: ‘Rescue boats? I’d use gunships to stop migrants’.

The mother-of-three likened those fleeing war torn nations – like Aylan and his family who left their hometown of Kobane after it was besieged by Islamic State militants – to “cockroaches” and called for them to be turned away with force.
“No, I don’t care. Show me pictures of coffins, show me bodies floating in the water, play violins and show me skinny people looking sad.
Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore O-AXELROD-570
Katie Hopkins's column in The Sun
“I still don’t care.”
The column which dates back to April has put Hopkins in the firing line on social media once again.
@KTHopkins "Show me bodies floating in the water, I don't care" - Their names were Alyan and Galip. Hang your head. pic.twitter.com/kuWhBR2usr
— Katie Elin-Salt (@KatieElinSalt) September 3, 2015

“@jpublik: Someone got their wish in the end cc @KTHopkins pic.twitter.com/wy8P4iVnBz” Vile. You'd have to have a heart of stone.
— The WOO (@Woo100) September 3, 2015

Good day for you? @KTHopkins pic.twitter.com/pJseQVzCYX
— Al Britten (@AlBritten) September 3, 2015

Anyone who thinks Katie Hopkins is "funny" or "real", she was talking about the little Syrian boy when she said this pic.twitter.com/OvANzEwSQt
— Amy (@AmyxJean) September 3, 2015

Did Katie Hopkins smirk at the little boy, who was dead on the beach, I bet she did. https://t.co/8wB5sddvbQ
— All Jokes Aside (@spittingvenom1) September 3, 2015

Are you happy now @KTHopkins https://t.co/azTodK6wT2
— john michael pratt (@johnmp04) September 3, 2015

does @KTHopkins know the internet never forgets? rot in hell you vile waste of oxygen pic.twitter.com/ZW4LxOyi4j
— Amanda Hugginkiis (@grande_lattte) September 3, 2015

FLASHBACK: @KTHopkins pic.twitter.com/Nhcasjqtly
— Media Guido (@MediaGuido) September 3, 2015

In August it emerged Hopkins had been questioned by police over allegations of incitement of racial hatred – believed to be in connection with the column. A petition calling for Hopkins to be sacked from the newspaper reached more than 300,000 signatures and even the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights added his voice to the protests. Jordanian Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein said the reality television star had used language in her column similar to that used by newspapers and radio stations in Rwanda before the 1994 genocide that led to hundreds of thousands of people being slaughtered.

Al Hussein urged authorities in the UK to use the law to clamp down on "vicious verbal assault on migrants and asylum seekers in the UK tabloid press", adding: "The Nazi media described people their masters wanted to eliminate as rats and cockroaches. This type of language is clearly inflammatory and unacceptable, especially in a national newspaper.

"The Sun's editors took an editorial decision to publish this article, and - if it is found in breach of the law - should be held responsible along with the author." In June Hopkins reflected upon the column, admitting she regretted some of the extreme language she used. She told the Press Association: "There's some things about that column, there are some words which in hindsight you'd probably look to pull out of there.

"But I think overall my message isn't about the idea that we want to see migrants and people suffering, it's an idea that we need to find solutions to problems."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/03/katie-hopkins-attacked-for-migrants-column-after-drowned-syrian-refugee-washes-ashore_n_8081610.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Back to top Go down

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore Empty Re: Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:05 pm

I don't mind if someone speaks their mind - but sometimes, it's not what we want to hear.

If she means what she says then she needs to own it, and explain herself.
If she doesn't, a public apology should be on its way.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore Empty Re: Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Sometimes to speak your mind, isn't always popular and can be very harsh to hear.

If she meant it, she needs to own what she said and explain herself.
If she doesn't mean it, I would hope a public apology is on its way.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:36 pm

She means every word she says.
When spoken , ill considered words can be mistakenly uttered.
She writes. Reads it, amends it then it is approved by the editor.
He agrees with what she says, but they are all puppets dancing to the Murdoch tune.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:11 pm

Well it's free speech. It isn't always palatable or pretty.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:15 pm

eddie wrote:Well it's free speech. It isn't always palatable or pretty.

But her free speech often near borderlines hate speech and there is repercussions for hate speech.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:19 pm

With free speech comes responsibility.
She is sailing close to the wind of illegality,hence her runs ins and interviews under caution by the police.

One day a turbo nutter with a real grievance against her will do her.
Many celebs such as Jill Dando and Lennon have been seriously injured or murdered by folk like that.
If it happens to her,who would say she didn't have it coming, or would grieve her passing?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:34 pm

Handy Andy wrote:With free speech comes responsibility.
She is sailing close to the wind of illegality,hence her runs ins and interviews under caution by the police.

Many celebs such as Jill Dando and Lennon have been seriously injured or murdered by folk like that.
If it happens to her,who would say she didn't have it coming, or would grieve her passing?

I would. Katie Hopkins annoys some people, but even those people sometimes admit that she says what they're thinking.

She had a point didn't she? If those boats were turned back, the kid wouldn't have drowned.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:With free speech comes responsibility.

I would. Katie Hopkins annoys some people, but even those people sometimes admit that she says what they're thinking.

She had a point didn't she? If those boats were turned back, the kid wouldn't have drowned.

Actually, most people think she is utter scum and has something dreadfully wrong with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:42 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Actually, most people think she is utter scum and has something dreadfully wrong with her.

Have you done a poll? A lot of people seem to agree with her comments about Cheryl whatsername.

You see, it depends what she says, doesn't it? Sometimes I like what she says, and sometimes I don't.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:43 pm

And if there is something wrong with her, why would people be saying they hope she's murdered by a nutter? No compassion?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Far as I am concerned her mouth should be taped up permanently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:51 pm

sassy wrote:Far as I am concerned her mouth should be taped up permanently.

I don't. I find her quite amusing really, despite her big gob.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:59 pm

I think that says a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 pm

sassy wrote:I think that says a lot.

Yes, it says that I'm not full of hatred for someone who is merely rather outspoken. One day she'll say something that you agree with, but you'd never admit that of course.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:And if there is something wrong with her, why would people be saying they hope she's murdered by a nutter? No compassion?

Who is suggesting that people hope she is murdered?I said that few would grieve and many would reflect she had it coming.
You are the only person to suggest people wish it on her.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:11 pm

I don't hate her.  I think she is someone without any compassion, understanding or normal human feeling who should't be given air time, as she panders to the very basest people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:15 pm

sassy wrote:I don't hate her.  I think she is someone without any compassion, understanding or normal human feeling who should't be given air time, as she panders to the very basest people.

She comes out with some corkers though. The PC brigade don't like her of course.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:I think that says a lot.

Yes, it says that I'm not full of hatred for someone who is merely rather outspoken. One day she'll say something that you agree with, but you'd never admit that of course.

She say's a lot truth but can go too far at times , but on most things she is just saying what most dare not say .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:20 pm

Laughing Out Loud wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

She say's a lot truth but can go too far at times , but on most things she is just saying what most dare not say .

Only if they have had their humanity removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Laughing Out Loud wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Exactly. When someone is so outspoken, they're bound to go too far sometimes, but some of the stuff she comes out with so true.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Laughing Out Loud wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Most?
Dare not say?
Which is claiming the majority of people share her views.
I doubt that very much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:22 pm

On a lot of things she is right but some things like i said she goes too far .

Back to top Go down

I think I feel sick, that there are actually people who think she speaks the truth should how far down we have sunk.

Back to top Go down

Raggamuffin wrote:
Laughing Out Loud wrote:

Exactly. When someone is so outspoken, they're bound to go too far sometimes, but some of the stuff she comes out with so true.

agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Laughing Out Loud wrote:On a lot of things she is right but some things like i said she goes too far .

Subjective as to whether she is right based on your own opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:I don't hate her.  I think she is someone without any compassion, understanding or normal human feeling who should't be given air time, as she panders to the very basest people.

She comes out with some corkers though. The PC brigade don't like her of course.

I don't mind some of the stuff she says - I've watched her on the TV show "If Katie Hopkins ruled the world" - and she can take as good as she gives.
I don't always like what she says, but that doesn't mean I dismiss her altogether; that's just stupid.

I'm with rags in this - in principle only, as I don't like what Hopkins has said in this particular instance - she shouldn't be hated simply for stating a view that we hate.
And I do agree also, that those who really "hate" her may one day find she says something they agree with.
Doesn't make them "base" (sassy!) or any less of a person.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't mind some of the stuff she says - I've watched her on the TV show "If Katie Hopkins ruled the world" - and she can take as good as she gives.
I don't always like what she says,  but that doesn't mean I dismiss her altogether; that's just stupid.

I'm with rags in this - in principle only, as I don't like what Hopkins has said in this particular instance - she shouldn't be hated simply for stating a view that we hate.
And I do agree also, that those who really "hate" her may one day find she says something they agree with.

Yes, it might be best if she keeps off the subject of refugees, but some of her social comments are pretty funny. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't always like what she says,  but that doesn't mean I dismiss her altogether; that's just stupid.

Again Eddie its very subjective as to whether people view her as right or wrong in regards to her views.
Anyway she is nothing more than an attention seeker. The more provocative she is the more people are talking about her. Which is her main aim.
Attention seeking.

She does it for all the wrong reasons and it is of no concern if some people do not like her, as all that matters is the attention for her. Hence why she is as provocative as possible. I truly believed she gets the ultimate buzz of seeing how many people she can piss off. Whether views made about her are positive or negative, she has achieved her goal, because we are talking about her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:36 pm

She's like marmite .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:38 pm

No, she's like pig shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Laughing Out Loud wrote:She's like marmite .

I agree.
I like people who are Marmite; far more interesting than plain boiled rice.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:41 pm

eddie wrote:

I agree.

I mean, she sometimes says things I don't like, and I think "you bitch", but then other things make me laugh. At least she's not bland and boring. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:42 pm

She has many followers so not everyone thinks she is pigs shit

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

I agree.

I mean, she sometimes says things I don't like, and I think "you bitch", but then other things make me laugh. At least she's not bland and boring. Laughing

Exactly. I sometimes find her more refreshing than all the plastic that's around.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

I agree.

It's the same with everything we choose who we listen to and for those who don't like her well just switch over its that simple really , and why should she be silenced when the likes of Muslim Activist Anjem Choudary can get away with saying whatever he wants .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Laughing Out Loud wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's the same with everything we choose who we listen to and for those who don't like her well just switch over its that simple really , and why should she be silenced when the likes of  Muslim Activist Anjem Choudary can get away with saying whatever he wants .

People love to be outraged don't they? They can go on Facebook and Twitter and tell everyone how much better they are than Katie Hopkins.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Laughing Out Loud wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's the same with everything we choose who we listen to and for those who don't like her well just switch over its that simple really , and why should she be silenced when the likes of  Muslim Activist Anjem Choudary can get away with saying whatever he wants .

Odd, so that view point you are saying people should be as vile and disgusting as Choudary then?
You are basically arguing for two wrongs to make a right, when they never will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Freedom speech has to be for everyone not just some .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Laughing Out Loud wrote:

People love to be outraged don't they? They can go on Facebook and Twitter and tell everyone how much better they are than Katie Hopkins.

Yep but i bet deep down they agree with most things Katie says Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore 3239900740

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:55 pm

Laughing Out Loud wrote:Freedom speech has to be for everyone not just some .

Never argued that it should not be.
I am all for freedom of speech, just as long as people are aware there is possible consequences for any free speech that is hate speech.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Laughing Out Loud wrote:Freedom speech has to be for everyone not just some .

I am all for freedom of speech, just as long as people are aware there is possible consequences for any free speech that is hate speech.

Well we do. Everyone knows there are consequences for everything we say, but sometimes I guess, we don't care.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:01 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Well we do. Everyone knows there are consequences for everything we say, but sometimes I guess, we don't care.

Oh there should be consequences for hate speech, because hate speech is irresponsible speech, making a mockery of free speech by abusing it. You will have to accept that far more people will be far more vocal every time someone steps into hate speech. Many examples in history show to us what happens when such hate speech is left unchecked.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:04 pm

I agree Didge. If Katie Hopkins were to start growing a tiny black, yet neat, little moustache, and calling for all dark-haired people to be killed, I'll certainly take a huge dislike to her.

Until then, she can state what she likes. I choose to agree and be amused or I think "Stupid twat"
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:06 pm

eddie wrote:I agree Didge. If Katie Hopkins were to start growing a tiny black, yet neat, little moustache, and calling for all dark-haired people to be killed, I'll certainly take a huge dislike to her.

Until then, she can state what she likes. I choose to agree and be amused or I think "Stupid twat"

I do not think anyone is trying to deny you a choice over how you feel on an individual.
That is your choice, as it should be.

Anyway night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:09 pm

I think she deliberately sets out to bring out the worst in people and incite hatred, normally against the weakest and most venerable who can't fight back, like the autistic child she had a go at and then tried to pretend she had an autistic daughter when people rounded on her, and she's paid a fortune to do it, and that's despicable whatever way you look at it.

Last edited by sassy on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Night
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 am

Katie sails close to the wind at times, she certainly doesn't care what people think.  You'd have to be pretty thick skinned to cope with some of the abuse thrown at her.  She takes as well as she gives and doesn't apologise for her views.

There are plenty of posters here who refuse to budge on their views and to be fair are pretty vocal and never apologise for their opinion.  However there are few if any who can take as they give.

She does get people all riled up though Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore Tantru10 lol!

Is it a right to have your own opinion only if everyone agrees with you or they think your opinion is in good taste? Of course not, having an opinion is not the same as hate speech and we are all entitled to our own views.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:56 am

feelthelove wrote:Katie sails close to the wind at times, she certainly doesn't care what people think.  You'd have to be pretty thick skinned to cope with some of the abuse thrown at her.  She takes as well as she gives and doesn't apologise for her views.

There are plenty of posters here who refuse to budge on their views and to be fair are pretty vocal and never apologise for their opinion.  However there are few if any who can take as they give.

She does get people all riled up though Katie Hopkins Attacked For Migrants Column After Drowned Syrian Toddler Washes Ashore Tantru10 lol!

Is it a right to have your own opinion only if everyone agrees with you or they think your opinion is in good taste? Of course not, having an opinion is not the same as hate speech and we are all entitled to our own views.

Morning FTL

Like I say she is an attention seeker and goes by any means to achieve being the hot topic of conversation for people even where it is negative towards her. She thrives on this. Anyone can have what ever opinion they like, which also means everyone also has a right to berate what they see as a poor opinion.
She gets very close to hate speech in some of her comments and she will at some point cross over, in her attempts and cravings for more attention,.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next