NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis

+6
Eilzel
nicko
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
veya_victaous
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 Empty More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

WARNING; THIS THREAD CONTAINS PICTURES WHICH SOME MAY FIND UPSETTING.

More than 11,000 families in Iceland have offered to open their homes to Syrian refugees in a bid to raise the government’s cap of just 50 asylum seekers a year.

They responded to a call by author Bryndis Bjorgvinsdottir, who set up a Facebook group with an open letter to the country’s welfare minister, Eygló Harðardóttir, asking her to allow people to help.
Ms Bjorgvinsdottir said she knew someone who could house five Syrians fleeing the country’s brutal civil war, requesting work permits, residence papers and “basic human rights” in exchange for paying for their flight and helping them integrate into national society.  More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 Syrain-Refugees-Getty-v2 Hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees have been crossing into Turkey and attempting to make their way to Europe
In the letter, she said she started the group to show the level of public support for welcoming more refugees, who Ms Bjorgvinsdottir called “human resources” with experience and skills that could help all Icelanders.
“They are our future spouses, best friends, the next soul mate, a drummer for our children’s band, the next colleague, Miss Iceland in 2022, the carpenter who finally finishes the bathroom, the cook in the cafeteria, a fireman and television host,” she wrote.
“People of whom we'll never be able to say in the future: ‘Your life is worth less than my life.’”

Referring to the thousands of migrants who have drowned in desperate attempts to cross the Mediterranean, Ms Bjorgvinsdottir urged Iceland to “open the gates”.

More than 11,000 people have so far joined the group, writing their own proposals in thousands of comments below.

“I'm a single mother with a six-year-old son...we can take a child in need. I'm a teacher and would teach the child to speak, read and write Icelandic and adjust to Icelandic society. We have clothes, a bed, toys and everything a child needs,” wrote Hekla Stefansdottir, according to a translation by AFP.
As the outpouring of support continues, the Prime Minister has announced the formation of a committee dedicated to re-assessing the number of asylum seekers Iceland will accept.  More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 Iceland-PM Sigmundur David Gunnlaugsson said Europe's migration crisis was 'one of the greatest challenges of modern times'
The Reykjavik Grapevine reported that in a radio interview on Monday, Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson said that Iceland must take part in efforts to welcome the influx of migrants reaching Europe, which he called “one of the greatest challenges of modern times”.
Meanwhile, the welfare minister, Ms Harðardóttir, told national broadcaster RUV that authorities were reading the Facebook offers and would consider increasing the number of refugees accepted under a quota.
Iceland, which has a population of little over 330,000, welcomed 1,117 immigrants in 2014, according to government figures.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/more-than-11000-icelanders-offer-to-house-syrian-refugees-to-help-european-crisis-10480505.html

WOW, they jailed the bankers, refused austerity and now have a sound growing economy and the people want to help the refugess.   Flippin wonderful.

Back to top Go down

More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 Empty Re: More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis

Post by nicko Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:35 am

Can I just put people right on this, I did post twice on this subject and was pulled up by Sassy about it. Did no one notice that I said I had done it by accident? I though the first post had not gone through so I posted again. Let me make it clear as Sassy thinks it was me who fired on the VC that were in the water, it was Not me, it was the Huey's gunner that fired on them!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 Empty Re: More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:17 pm

nicko wrote:Can I just put people right on this,   I did post twice on this subject and was pulled up by Sassy about it.    Did no one notice that I said I had done it by accident? I though the first post had not gone through so I posted again.  Let me make it clear as Sassy thinks it was me who fired on the VC that were in the water,  it was Not me,  it was the Huey's gunner that fired on them!

I saw your explanation of the double post Nicko, but by then the righteous indignation and the oh so welcome opportunity to have a bloody rant and show just what a bunch of sodding hypocrites some people are had taken over.
Easy to be oh so outraged from behind a keyboard, disgraceful carry on out of some people yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Oh.  You missed nickos point.  He was cheering death of the defenseless in a battle on the Mekong Delta.

Magggie Thatche was never in a battle.  She died of a stroke in London on 8 April 2013 at the age of 87.

The defenceless? They were VC, and he explained quite clearly what the VC did to people.

So why is it OK to cheer when someone dies of a stroke Quill. Do tell me.

I'm sorry, it was your comparison.  Had you been following along, you would see that I have consistently been against cheering, whether wars or anyone's death.

You speak of the VC as if they were the devil incarnate.  Did you know they spoke of you in the same way?  You both can't be right.  So pull back and get a grip.  Fact is, you are both wrong...for participating in war.  At least, they were freedom fighters fighting for their home.

Now that we see that war is just a dangerous game, compare it to any other game. Two sides, neither with any moral force.  If you foul a defenseless player, you deserve and get a yellow card.  If it's bad enough, it's a red card.  The situation nicko describes deserves a red card.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:01 pm

Nems wrote:
nicko wrote:Can I just put people right on this,   I did post twice on this subject and was pulled up by Sassy about it.    Did no one notice that I said I had done it by accident? I though the first post had not gone through so I posted again.  Let me make it clear as Sassy thinks it was me who fired on the VC that were in the water,  it was Not me,  it was the Huey's gunner that fired on them!

I saw your explanation of the double post Nicko, but by then the righteous indignation and the oh so welcome opportunity to have a bloody rant and show just what a bunch of sodding hypocrites some people are had taken over.
Easy to be oh so outraged from behind a keyboard, disgraceful carry on out of some people yesterday.

@nicko...there is no misunderstanding here.  I wasn't on the thread where it was brought up twice.  Twide?  Once?  Makes no difference.  You did bring it up, tho, and it is a good place to discuss this subject.  Especially, since we (the western world) are behaving in the same ridiculous way, like lemmings rushing for another war...this time in the middle east.  As Pete Seeger said, When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn? ("Where have all the flowers gone?")

@Nems...it's not necessary to be a player to have an opinion.  In fact, it's probably better to have the opinion before you play.  As Sheldon Wolin used to say, ...thought before action.

Here we are contemplating another ugly war in the middle east, and you are chiding us for "disgraceful[ly] carry[ing] on out of some people's yesterday."  Again, When will they ever learn?  

Umm...when were you planning on having this discussion?

More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 Image502527x

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:21 pm

More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 Leadership_lemmings2

Just wanted to point out, this is exactly what is going on in our discussion.

1st lemming: 'I'd just to question the leadership on this move."

2nd lemming: "Shut up! You're undermining the troops."

Laughing Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:52 pm

All I will say to Sass and the rest who are "clogging Nickos jets" is this

"Its tommy this and tommy that
and chuck him out the brute
but he's saviour of te country when the guns begin to shoot"

Its attitudes like yours that have casused such a toll on the minds of countless Vietnam Vets....

they went out there to do a dirty job, did it to the best they could .....then came home to find they were reviled by the hand wringing lefties, and people wonder why so many have had problems????

War...any war...is a dirty business.....gone are the days when armies agreed to meet at sun up on a deserted field of combat and slug it out till 6 pm prompt....then knock off for a bit of tea and tiffin.....generally avoiding civilian areas and such like...

if those folks Nicko saw killed were enemy combatants well , c'est la vie...or rather c'est la guerre, I dont suppose he would derive such satisfaction from seeing non combatants trated in such manner....

as a final not I suggest you should take some cognisance that the writen form is NOT accurate at expressing emotion, particularly where anyone has trouble expressing such emotions in any case....My personal take is that Nicko is ot so much "amused" as feeling a huge sense of satisfaction of a job well done (they were eliminated....which in the case he puts forth seems quite reasonable and just)

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:24 am

The horrors of war can bring out the very worst in people including a copter gunship crew firing rockets at the VC struggling in the water which is typical of what can happen in a war. But just remember that maybe these people in the water saw their families and their villages napalmed out of existence by US  bombers. Maybe some survived and will remember what the copter crew did and they will go on and commit despicable acts.  It’s all a vicious cycle which gets worse and worse but that’s what war can do to people.

Some Palestinians cheered when Saddam’s scuds were dropping on Israel. Then there were the five dancing Israeli’s whooping and cheering from the top of a building in New York  as the World Trade Centre towers were being demolished by a couple of hijacked airliners.  What about the Sderot cinema with people parked on a hillside sitting on armchairs eating popcorn and cheering as the missles rained down on Gaza?

Maybe we’ve all cheered at some point in our lives as someone get’s what we think they deserved for what they have done and it certainly doesn’t need a war for that to happen.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:19 am

Irn Bru wrote:The horrors of war can bring out the very worst in people including a copter gunship crew firing rockets at the VC struggling in the water which is typical of what can happen in a war. But just remember that maybe these people in the water saw their families and their villages napalmed out of existence by US  bombers. Maybe some survived and will remember what the copter crew did and they will go on and commit despicable acts.  It’s all a vicious cycle which gets worse and worse but that’s what war can do to people.

Some Palestinians cheered when Saddam’s scuds were dropping on Israel. Then there were the five dancing Israeli’s whooping and cheering from the top of a building in New York  as the World Trade Centre towers were being demolished by a couple of hijacked airliners.  What about the Sderot cinema with people parked on a hillside sitting on armchairs eating popcorn and cheering as the missles rained down on Gaza?

Maybe we’ve all cheered at some point in our lives as someone get’s what we think they deserved for what they have done and it certainly doesn’t need a war for that to happen.

Very well said.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:02 am

Irn Bru wrote:The horrors of war can bring out the very worst in people including a copter gunship crew firing rockets at the VC struggling in the water which is typical of what can happen in a war. But just remember that maybe these people in the water saw their families and their villages napalmed out of existence by US  bombers. Maybe some survived and will remember what the copter crew did and they will go on and commit despicable acts.  It’s all a vicious cycle which gets worse and worse but that’s what war can do to people.

It's all well and good to create a beautiful prose portrait. Your description is an insightful picture of how humans act and react to/in wars. But we are going to do it again if we don't take a break and look at the road map.

The picture lacks only a comment or two of how stupid we are to fall into the pit...if we do.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:33 am

Ok this shit about Vietnam
THERE WAS NO MORAL JUSTIFICATION TO BE THERE
the west was Evil for being there, end of story, no if no buts
we decided we didn't like the Self determination some other people were exercising so we blew up their homes and murdered their children.
War is sometimes Justified but that one sure as hell wasn't

Also there will be wars as longs as their are soldiers dumb enough to fight them. Pol pot, Hitler any great evil only got to power because of the soldiers willingness to kill innocents. Given so much is tied to our massive impersonal nations and the immoral 'traditions' that we maintain for systematic oppression. coupled with blind patriotism it is psychologically designed to make moral less murders that justify their action with some quasi logic of "kill or be killed" even though they travel across the planet to attack someone who is just defending their family.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:40 am

veya_victaous wrote:Ok this shit about Vietnam
we decided we didn't like the Self determination some other people were exercising so we blew up their homes and murdered their children.

Also there will be wars as longs as their are soldiers dumb enough to fight them. Pol pot, Hitler any great evil only got to power because of the soldiers willingness to kill innocents. Given so much is tied to our massive impersonal nations and the immoral 'traditions' that we maintain for systematic oppression. coupled with blind patriotism it is psychologically designed to make moral less murders that justify their action with some quasi logic of "kill or be killed" even though they travel across the planet to attack someone who is just defending their family.

Many people fought for Germany in WW2 but certainly did not believe in his policies, they did so out of duty, where you are failing to understand the mentality of people bback then. So give it a rest, this is not about the rights and wrongs of war and you have never fought in any and would have utterly no comprehension about fighting them. So until anyone has been in such a position then have no just cause to say anything how soldiers suffer through trauma.

So now let it go Nicko has said to shut the hell up about this and yet people persist.

Have some respect

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:59 am

Soldier tram is like being dumb enough to walk under a bus WTF did you expect!
yes and that duty by another name is EVIL
Mankind fails because of these People that are tricked into Duty.

and Quite frankly DO NOT GIVE SHIT ABOUT NICKO'S FEELING ON VIETNAM. or any other soldier They Choose to be there, the Vietnamese did not.
Grow up around refugees and see how you feel towards soldiers.
Sorry Too many of my friend shared the stories of what their families went through to become Australians. My age means Particularity Vietnamese.

those are not random people, they look like my childhood friends.... I hate that picture Quill posted..
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:53 am

veya_victaous wrote:Soldier tram is like being dumb enough to walk under a bus WTF did you expect!
yes and that duty by another name is EVIL
Mankind fails because of these People that are tricked into Duty.

and Quite frankly DO NOT GIVE SHIT ABOUT NICKO'S FEELING ON VIETNAM. or any other soldier They Choose to be there, the Vietnamese did not.
Grow up around refugees and see how you feel towards soldiers.
Sorry Too many of my friend shared the stories of what their families went through to become Australians. My age means Particularity Vietnamese.

those are not random people, they look like my childhood friends.... I hate that picture Quill posted..

Then you are an insensitive dickhead.
Many people did not even choose to fight but were forced to fight in many wars, showing how little you now about history.
Again you would no doubt shit yourself when faced with the same reality they were faced with.
The fact is we are talking about a different time frame where people grew up fearing Communism, so its not as clear cut as you make out.
Like I said shut the hell up about it and show some respect because you have no idea what they go through

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:53 am

I have Sympathy for the ones that truly suffered. not those that went along because it was the easy path. What Do you think those Children Went through! everything they had ever known up in flames. I respect that soldering is not easy But my sympathies cannot lie with a man that made a choice over a child that did not.

Fear of Communism... So what? Germans Feared Jews does that justify their actions, you know it doesn't. People fell for propaganda... time and time again. world peace requires people to stop doing that Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It is true i have not had to but i hope if faced with the equivalent choice on invading another nation, I would hope to be brave like Muhammad Ali

And some people have been forced... but not in this case.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:57 am

veya_victaous wrote:I have Sympathy for the ones that truly suffered. not those that went along because it was the easy path. What Do you think those Children Went through! everything they had ever known up in flames. I respect that soldering is not easy But my sympathies cannot lie with a man that made a choice over a child that did not.

Fear of Communism... So what? Germans Feared Jews does that justify their actions, you know it doesn't. People fell for propaganda... time and time again. world peace requires people to stop doing that Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It is true i have not had to but i hope if faced with the equivalent choice on invading another nation, I would hope to be brave like Muhammad Ali

You still do not get it do you?

Many people grew up in fear of communism having it drummed into them and to be honest communism has always been an authoritarian system when in pratice. The fact is peoplw were brought up with a mindset and in many of these communist countries attrocities were committed. Then to be sent to such a country and actually witness many of these attrocities is going to have an effect on those fighting this conflict. It was a different time era and we are not tlaking about hate as it was promoted against the Jews either. Again he did his duty and how he copes with that past is down to him and not you to decide. As again you have no comprehension of such a situation.
What child?
What on earth are you going on about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:33 pm

The child Veya is talking about is the little girl in the picture above, running down the road naked, her clothes blown off and her back burnt by napalm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:35 pm

[size=undefined]KIM'S STORY[/size]
[size=undefined]The Road from Vietnam[/size]

A film by Shelley Saywell
Canada, 47'
More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 Kim
Two years ago in Gander, Newfoundland, a young Vietnamese woman disembarked from a plane refuelling from Moscow to Cuba and asked for asylum in Canada. Her name is Kim Phuc and she was the girl on the famous 1972 photograph that brought the world's attention to the horrors of the war in Vietnam. Today she is in her thirties and mother of a baby boy named Huan. She met her husband Bui Huy Toan when they were both studying in Cuba. Today they live in Toronto and have become Canadian citizens. Kim has been named recently United Nations Goodwill Ambassador. She also recently had a second child.
If there was one photograph that captured the horrific nature of the Vietnam war, one photograph that tore at our collective conscience, it was the picture of a nine year old girl, running naked down a road, screaming in agony from the jellied gasoline coating her body and burning through skin and muscle down the bone. Her village in the Central Highlands of Vietnam was napalmed that day in 1972, and the little girl took a direct hit. It would take many years, and 17 operations to save her life. And when she finally felt well enough to put it behind her, that very photograph would make her a victim, all over again.

The story of that day - June 8, 1972 - and subsequent events in the years that followed will now be fully told on television for the first time.

More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 Kim2 Kim's Story is both a universal and a deeply personal story. It parallells the fate of Vietnam itself. Both Kim's suffering, and her courageous recovery mirrors that of a whole people. It is also the story of how one little girl's tragedy would be used by all sides. Peace activists, journalists from all over the world, and Vietnamese government officials saw Kim as a symbol, not a person.She wants to tell her story now, just once as a testimony. Then, she wants to move on.

Kim was born in 1963 in the hamlet of Trang Bang, 30 miles north of Saigon. Her full name means "Golden Happiness" in Vietnamese. She remembers happiness despite a childhood of war. On that tragic day in June 1972, the tiny hamlet of Trang Bang was occupied by NLF forces. The South Vietnamese Army's 25th Division was called in and heavy bombing began. At 2pm the South Vietnamese dropped white phosphorous marker bombs. As she ran with the other children, four drums of napalm dropped on the road. Two of her infant brothers were killed instantly.

"I saw the bombs. I saw the fire. There was a terrible heat," Kim remembers. "I tore off my burning clothes. But the burning didn't stop. People poured water over me from their canteens. Then I fainted."

The AP photographer who captured those horrific moments was Nick Ut. He drove her to a hospital. He would never forget that one little girl. He continued to visit her in the hospital, bring her books and gifts and eventually set up a fund for donations to her family.

The photograph he snapped of her agony was instantly transmitted around the world. It would win him a Pulitzer and change both their lives. Kim would spend the next 14 months in the hospital. She was covered with third-degree burns over half her body and was not expected to live. Her pain was almost unbearable. Her surgeon Dr. Mark Gorney of San Francisco volunteered at the Barksy children's plastic surgery hospital in Saigon. When he first saw her, Kim's chin was welded to her chest by scar tissue and her left arm was burnt almost to the bone.

During this period, documentary footage was shot on Kim's recovery. Her mother was by her bedside, helping the little girl through the trauma. Kim said to herself she would become a doctor like the man who saved her. In this film we will attempt to reunite Kim with Dr. Gorney and photographer Nick Ut, both now living in California. After two years of treatments, Kim returned to her village.

In 1982, ten years after the famous photograph, Kim's life changed again. She was in pre-medical studies in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) when the Vietnamese government contacted her. They had been looking for her for over a year at the request of a Dutch journalist who wanted to "find the girl in the photograph." When his subsequent documentary on her revived her fame, they yanked her out of university - deciding she was too valuable to them and daily supervised her schedule as "national symbol of the war."Every time she tried to evade the officials, another foreign journalist would track her down and expose her. "It was a nightmare" she says.

In 1985 the foreign press corps flocked to Ho Chi Minh City to cover the tenth anniversary of Vietnam's "Liberation." Kim was again offered up by authorities as one of their main celebrities, and all three main US. networks carried interviews with "the girl in the photograph." Finally, in 1986, the government agreed to let Kim continue her studies, under their supervision - in Cuba. Even there she was "managed" and when an American Peace group invited her to tour the United States in 1989, Vietnamese officials cancelled the trip at the last moment.

An article in the Los Angeles Times written in preparation for the tour revived Kim's fame once more. She received hundreds of letter from American Vietnam veterans "apologising to me." She met her husband there and they decided to marry. Vietnamese officials gave them permission to honeymoon in Moscow. But secretly she was planning their escape...

All these years later, the photograph of the little girl retains its haunting power. To Kim it is "my photograph, of my own war." Yet somehow it belongs to everyone; the one image more than any other that turned public opinion against the war. Now, as Vietnam and the United States finally move toward full diplomatic recognition, this documentary hopefully contributes to a process of healing of this century's longest, most divisive war.

http://www.peace.ca/kimstory.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Are you deliberately spamming this up to antagonise Nicko?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Are you deliberately spamming this up to antagonise Nicko?

You said what child.  As she was an exceptionally important child and her photo changed the course of the war.  I thought everyone knew about it, you didn't so I told you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:41 pm

sassy wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Are you deliberately spamming this up to antagonise Nicko?

You said what child.  As she was an exceptionally important child and her photo changed the course of the war.  I thought everyone knew about it, you didn't so I told you.

You posted two posts not one, so clearly you are trying to antagonise him. I know the story very well thank you and was asking what child veya was reffering tow which you did not have to answer
Grow the fuck up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
sassy wrote:

You posted two posts not one, so clearly you are trying to antagonise him
Grow the fuck up

You are the one mentioning Nicko, I was talking about Kim and if you don't like it hard luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:44 pm

sassy wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You posted two posts not one, so clearly you are trying to antagonise him
Grow the fuck up

You are the one mentioning Nicko, I was talking about Kim and if you don't like it hard luck.

Which proves how little you respect Nicko

You continue to post to antagonise and I will continue to treat you like the trash you are

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:45 pm

veya_victaous wrote:I have Sympathy for the ones that truly suffered. not those that went along because it was the easy path. What Do you think those Children Went through! everything they had ever known up in flames. I respect that soldering is not easy But my sympathies cannot lie with a man that made a choice over a child that did not.

Absolutely agree, Ali was a real hero, refused to go, didn't run away but went to jail for his beliefs.  Always liked him, but he shot up in my estimation when he did that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:46 pm

You really are as much scum as smelly is sassy

Many people have asked yhou to leave this be and you continue to not give a shit.

Lets hope karma befalls the pair of you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Cuchulain wrote:You really are as much scum as smelly is sassy

Many people have asked yhou to leave this be and you continue to not give a shit.

If I want to discuss the Vietnam War, which I spent a long time protesting about, and reply to Veya I will, and no bald headed git with little-man syndrome will stop me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:49 pm

sassy wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:You really are as much scum as smelly is sassy

If I want to discuss the Vietnam War, which I spent a long time protesting about, and reply to Veya I will, and no bald headed git with little-man syndrome will stop me.

Who gives a fly fuck what you know about because lets be honest that is very little.
You were asked nicely to leave it be and yet you do not give a shit.
That makes you scum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:53 pm

There absolutely wasn't.  Whenever I hear of yet another war,  it shot through my head when we invaded Iraq, is the chant, Hey, Hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today? and seeing the banners waving with that on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:55 pm

sassy wrote:

There absolutely wasn't.  Whenever I here of yet another war, and it shot through my head when we invaded Iraq, was the chant, Hey, Hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today? and seeing the banners waving with that on.

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:57 pm

You know Didge, you are the one linking this to Nicko now.  I never mentioned him, was not talking about his experience, gave you information about the child to which you could have said 'I didn't know that' and then replied to Veya about a war that I protested about.  The Vietnam war is not off limits just because Mr NPD says so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:58 pm

sassy wrote:You know Didge, you are the one linking this to Nicko now.  I never mentioned him, was not talking about his experience, gave you information about the child to which you could have said 'I didn't know that' and then replied to Veya about a war that I protested about.  The Vietnam war is not off limits just because Mr NPD says so.

Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:01 pm

Oh bless, with a bit of luck you will wear your keyboard out.  If you think you are worrying me, think again.  I have very deep feelings about the Vietnam War, and I doubt very much that Nicko was asking us to stop discussing the War, just his experience, which I never mentioned, you brought it to the forefront and have carried on bringing it to the forefront, which makes you not only hypocrital but bloody stupid and laughable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:02 pm

sassy wrote:Oh bless, with a bit of luck you will wear your keyboard out.  If you think you are worrying me, think again.  I have very deep feelings about the Vietnam War, and I doubt very much that Nicko was asking us to stop discussing the War, just his experience, which I never mentioned, you brought it to the forefront and have carried on bringing it to the forefront, which makes you not only hypocrital but bloody stupid and laughable.

Scum    
Scum
Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum
Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum
Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum
Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:03 pm

TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT

Bit like Wimbledon this isn't it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:04 pm

sassy wrote:TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT
TIT

Bit like Wimbledon this isn't it lol

Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Holy shit dude - calm down.

You're just ruining the thread and making it unreadable.

Your most childish tactic yet.

Shut up Mowgli
The whole point is to stop the thread, you may want to catch up why before jumping in being a tit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Dodge, now have tears running down my face with laughter

More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.christies.com%2Flongitude%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F07%2Fsmiley_lol2.gif1
I'm sure you'll want the last word, so I'll leave you to it, try and catch Veya when he comes one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:08 pm

sassy wrote:Dodge, now have tears running down my face with laughter

More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis  - Page 4 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.christies.com%2Flongitude%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F07%2Fsmiley_lol2.gif1
I'm sure you'll want the last word, so I'll leave you to it, try and catch Veya when he comes one.

Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum
Scum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:09 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:Holy shit dude - calm down.

You're just ruining the thread and making it unreadable.

Your most childish tactic yet.

Shut up Mowgli
The whole point is to stop the thread, you may want to catch up why before jumping in being a tit

There you go, Dodge trying to stop free speech and discussion.

Carry on baldy, the last word is yours until Veya returns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:11 pm

sassy wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Shut up Mowgli

There you go, Dodge trying to stop free speech and discussion.

Carry on baldy, the last word is yours until Veya returns.

I am not even bald ha ha ha ha ha

Where do you get that idea or are you that much of an idiot to believe I am on facebook like some other idiots ha ha

Go stick that ugly face of yours down the toilet to improve ytour looks because lets face it some more shit can only improve it

So yes i will continue to derail this thread, because you have no respect for others.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Shut up Mowgli

Lol! You are clearly in a hot temper today.

Stop ruining a thread, you prat. Or others will use the same tactic against you. Are you really that dumb or do you want to ruin the board for everyone?

What ever little runt I shall do as I please

Now run along there is a good little lad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:13 pm

LOL, Disqus, even discussing the same people, Sam Harris in particular.

Last edited by sassy on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

I am not even bald ha ha ha ha ha

Where do you get that idea or are you that much of an idiot to believe I am on facebook like some other idiots ha ha

Go stick that ugly face of yours down the toilet to improve ytour looks because lets face it some more shit can only improve it

So yes i will continue to derail this thread, because you have no respect for others.

Laughing

Lol! You're such a gentleman.

Coming from you who follows a misogynistic religion is very funny lol

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Lol! You're such a gentleman.

Misogynistic religion?

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:17 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Misogynistic religion?

Yes all the abrahamic faiths are misogynistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Misogynistic religion?

Do you even know the meaning of the word?

How is Islam a misogynistic religion when it was the very first rekigion to liberate women?

It allowed divorce 1400 years ago? Before it was even allowed in the west in 1900s

It elevates a mothers status and makes it 3 times higher than a fathers!

Go and learn facts before you use that word again
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Do you even know the meaning of the word?

How is Islam a misogynistic religion when it was the very first rekigion to liberate women?

It allowed divorce 1400 years ago? Before it was even allowed in the west in 1900s

It elevates a mothers status and makes it 3 times higher than a fathers!

Go and learn facts before you use that word again

Well lets look at this.

Women are treated as second to men.

Women can be beaten if they do not obey their husbands

Women have to have sex even if they do not want to

Yes lets have some facts on this and no interpretations please

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Er i think you will also find divorce was around way before islam.
The first group of women who held the best rights in society were the Celtic women and the women of Ancient Sparta by the way, so islam has no status to lay claim to womens rights.
Women do not have equality under islam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next