NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

+5
Ben Reilly
Cass
Original Quill
nicko
eddie
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 2 Empty Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't seem to C&P for some reason? If someone can grab the story for me please?

Anyway, after an apparent fracas with a TV producer, Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended until further notice.

300,000 people have signed an online petition to reinstate him

What do you think?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 2 Empty Re: Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:34 pm

korban dallas wrote:your nose goes blind after a while to most smells, that`s why teenagers rooms tend to be a bit ........teenagery  
its not that you like the smells its just they don`t bother you ..........the brains a powerful thing

lol not sure how the brain can block out some real smelly feet.
That can be an eye opener.

Back to top Go down

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 2 Empty Re: Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

Post by captain Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:38 pm

korban dallas wrote:your nose goes blind after a while to most smells, that`s why teenagers rooms tend to be a bit ........teenagery  
its not that you like the smells its just they don`t bother you ..........the brains a powerful thing

My nose is blocked to foods unless I am hungry. If anything pongs around here I use bicarb or vinegar then waft a bit of nice oil or lemon to snazz things up a bit.
I can smell plastic from miles. Hate kettle's coz of plastic lids. Give me spice smells any day.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:48 pm

eddie wrote:
korban dallas wrote:This is not what he may have said as usually is the problem  but alleged violence in the work place

i like him ...i like him very much ,maybe its because i was brought up in the same area as him and i understand his humour
no he is not PC but the previous warnings he got where to my mind forced by the media

the n---er comment was one mumbled intelligibly and not broadcast anyway and was from one of the takes
i am 52 i was taught that rime with the use of "n---er" in it ,yes its bad now
but childhood rhymes are hard to forget ,the fact he mumbled it was indication to me he tried to avoid saying it while i suspect trying to thing of a alternative on the spot.
he failed did a retake with some thought
it was a totally bullshit complaint IMO that had to be dug up from out takes

slope
till all the who ha ha i had never even heard the term in the way it was described
I watched the program heard the comment ,did not even see the guy on the bridge and the bridge did slope to one side
i and i suspect most others did not even make the connection

Number plates

OFFS
what do people think he went out looking for number plates for that car ?
no he is the talent the last thing he would be involved in is the shooting logistics and permit applications for filming  or making the cars legal to drive in what ever country they are in

I get it some people don't like him i have no problem with that, i dislike 99.9% of all soap opera stars but people look for an excuse to dump on him and blow up things out of all proportions

Brilliant post and 100% agree.

Like you, I think things are blown up.

And yes, catcha. n---er by the toe was the rhyme.
My black friend sings it to her daughter. Yes she does.

PC has ruined this country.
PC has ruined this country because we have over compensated we are not longer Polite and Courteous we are forced to be politically correct
about the most stupid of things

Paki apparently a racist term to the uber PC brigade but its not really ,no more that being called a Brit is ,its a shorting of your land of origin Brit ,scot,Paki ect ect

common sense and intent are sadly lacking for the uber PC and serial complainers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:56 pm

korban dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:

PC has ruined this country because we have over compensated we are not longer Polite and Courteous we are forced to be politically correct

Paki apparently a racist term to the uber  PC brigade but its not really ,no more that being called a Brit is ,its a shorting of your land of origin Brit ,scot,Paki ect ect

common sense and intent are sadly lacking for the uber PC and serial complainers

PC was created by those who were basically sexist, racist etc, without such discrmination PC would not even exist.
It is over the top of that I do not disagree but the fact is a term like Paki is often used not to specifically refer to a person as a country of birth or ethnicity but in a derogatory manner towards that person. It is not the word itself, but how the word is used and in its context that makes the word insulting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:58 pm

personally I wouldnt sack him....i'd boil him in oil...

he's as much use as a concrete parachute and about as funny as a boil on the arse....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:59 pm

You have such a way with words lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 am

captainJane wrote:

My nose is blocked to foods unless I am hungry. If anything pongs around here I use bicarb or vinegar then waft a bit of nice oil or lemon to snazz things up a bit.
I can smell plastic from miles. Hate kettle's coz of plastic lids. Give me spice smells any day.
my nasal super power is i can detect milk that is about to turn sour long.... before anybody else

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:06 am

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:

Paki apparently a racist term to the uber  PC brigade but its not really ,no more that being called a Brit is ,its a shorting of your land of origin Brit ,scot,Paki ect ect

PC was created by those who were basically sexist, racist etc, without such discrmination PC would not even exist.
It is over the top of that I do not disagree but the fact is a term like Paki is often used not to specifically refer to a person as a country of birth or ethnicity but in a derogatory manner towards that person. It is not the word itself, but how the word is used and in its context that makes the word insulting.

Thumbs up on that one Didge.

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 2 Scotland-1646
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:11 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 2 Scotland-1646

Shurrrup! Laughed so much you made me cough. Has he ever used the word 'j..k' in any other context but a derogatory one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:22 am

eddie wrote:Yes Didge. some people like shit most dont.

This isn't going anywhere.

No one but ben has actually been honest enough to admit they wouldn't take soft furnishings that stank of a certain smell, ie curry or fried food or even smoke

I'm not actually debating this point anymore as its veering off the subject I wish to debate.
I merely brought it up,as I knew no one would answer it.

excuse me madam I had some work to finish. keep yer beard on! lol

no I wouldn't take soft furnishing that stank of anything. I have certain customers who have considerable issues with smell. I don't confront them I just spray air freshner after they leave and smile through the agony while they're inside.

the problem with Clarkson is how many times is he going to make these verbal "oopsies" and be allowed to get away with it? Just because certain of your friends don't think his N comment wasn't racist doesn't mean others don't. its not about being PC - I think of it as common manners and being civilised and being aware of other peoples feelings.

sometimes I think he does and says crap like this just to stir up stuff which to me is worse. I said I like the other 2 but to be perfectly honest they mostly act like a bunch of schoolboys who haven't grown up but know full well what they're doing and then get all "I didn't do nothing miss" when they act stupid and get caught out.id. I am also very much over the toilet sense of humour. to be honest the show has had its day in my opinion.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:25 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

No worries Jock, which shows you need to understand the context and joke when used.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:29 am

risingsun wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Shurrrup!  Laughed so much you made me cough.  Has he ever used the word 'j..k' in any other context but a derogatory one?  

Showing you have no sense of humour, as it has always been used as piss take in regards to Irn, because I know he reacts to this, which may have escaped you here but other posters are of Scottish ethnicity which I do not use it with, which may have given you a clue, it is piss take, just as it is when I have been called paddy.
Now if you have me on ignore, I suggest you start to do this, as I will continue to make you look a complete tit, as it seems you are so obsessed with me, you have to constantly talk about me.

Enjoy love

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:00 am

Now 500,000 have signed up supporting him.
Clearly he is like very much by a sizeable portion of the nation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:32 am

Brasidas wrote:Now 500,000 have signed up supporting him.
Clearly he is like very much by a sizeable portion of the nation.

Proving once again, that if you're popular, you can get away with punching your boss.

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 2 1369794208_latrell-sprewell-lands-deal-with-dada-shoe-company-for-spinning-rim-dadas

Latrell Sprewell:

Wikipedia wrote:Though a four-time All-Star, a significant mark on Sprewell's career was an incident which took place on December 1, 1997, when he attacked head coach P. J. Carlesimo during a Warriors practice. When Carlesimo yelled at Sprewell to make crisper passes (specifically asking him to "put a little mustard" on a pass[2]), Sprewell responded that he was not in the mood for criticism and told the coach to keep his distance. When Carlesimo approached, Sprewell threatened to kill him and dragged him backwards by his throat, choking him for 7–10 seconds before his teammates and assistant coaches pulled Sprewell off his coach. Sprewell returned about 20 minutes later after showering and changing and again accosted Carlesimo. He landed a glancing blow at Carlesimo's right cheek before being dragged away again by the assistant coaches. It was not his first violent incident with the Warriors; in 1995, Sprewell fought with teammate Jerome Kersey and returned to practice carrying a two-by-four, and reportedly threatened to return with a gun.[3] In a 1993 practice, Sprewell fought with Byron Houston, who was 50 pounds heavier than Sprewell and had what many teammates describe as having a Mike Tyson-like demeanor and physique.[4]

Sprewell was suspended for 10 games without pay. The next day, in the wake of a public uproar, the Warriors voided the remainder of his contract, which included $23.7 million over three years, and the NBA suspended him for one year. Sprewell took the case to arbitration, and, as a result, the contract voiding was overturned and the league suspension was reduced to the remaining 68 games of the season.

Oh, and there's more:

On October 31, 2004, the Minnesota Timberwolves offered Sprewell a 3-year, $21 million contract extension, substantially less than what his then-current contract paid him. Claiming to feel insulted by the offer, he publicly expressed outrage, declaring, "I have a family to feed ... If Glen Taylor wants to see my family fed, he better cough up some money. Otherwise, you're going to see these kids in one of those Sally Struthers commercials soon."

So again, I'd love to be incredibly wealthy, to assault my boss, to get time off paid and then a job to come back to, and then, when people offered to pay me a shit-load (like Sprewell, $7 million/year) to keep going, indignantly claim that was too little to feed my family and invoke images of starving African children.

Time for Britain to deal with this. The U.S. is going through worse, with our once-beloved Dr. Cliff Huxtable turning out to be unacceptably rapey.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:47 am

I think many people would like to punch their boss and in many cases they deserve it. Wealth has got nothing to do with it, popularity has everything to do with it and even more so how many relate to being able to do the same. The fact is many bosses do get away with taking the piss and why so many people suffer stress today is because of a lack of empathy for the employee. Nothing everything is baout money Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 am

Brasidas wrote:I think many people would like to punch their boss and in many cases they deserve it. Wealth has got nothing to do with it, popularity has everything to do with it and even more so how many relate to being able to do the same. The fact is many bosses do get away with taking the piss and why so many people suffer stress today is because of a lack of empathy for the employee. Nothing everything is baout money Ben.

Fair point, but you have to see that big moneyless void between people who can assault their boss and come back, and people who go to jail for that sort of thing.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:56 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:I think many people would like to punch their boss and in many cases they deserve it. Wealth has got nothing to do with it, popularity has everything to do with it and even more so how many relate to being able to do the same. The fact is many bosses do get away with taking the piss and why so many people suffer stress today is because of a lack of empathy for the employee. Nothing everything is baout money Ben.

Fair point, but you have to see that big moneyless void between people who can assault their boss and come back, and people who go to jail for that sort of thing.

Maybe so, but you fail to see how many will think at least someone is able to give a boss what they thouroughly deserve.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:57 am

I haven't claimed here, or anywhere else, that it's ok to punch anyone.
Just like to make that clear.

I still want to know if anyone on here:

Ever had a problem with baa baa black sheep

Stopped saying "half-caste" and now say "mixed race"

Anyone????
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:57 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I don't think many would think that punching someone is acceptable.
The petition is more about a kick back against the PC nonsense.
If you don't like him fine but some people spend their days looking for things to be outraged at.
Save your outrage for those that deserve it.

Oh and Edds Im not scared to say I think the smell of Pakistani curry is vile, especially emanating from your GP at 8am on a Monday morning.
Maureen Lipman once said it was only wen she was in hospital once that she realised everything she owned smelled of fish balls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:01 am

eddie wrote:I haven't claimed here, or anywhere else, that it's ok to punch anyone.

Anyone????

From what I've learned, the "black sheep" song was not that big a deal; only a few schools considered changing the lyrics, with plenty of other people saying there either wasn't a racist connotation or that the song makes black wool more valuable, as it doesn't need to be dyed.

Frankly, to my American ears, "half-caste" sounds like something people used to say 50-100 years ago before they knew better -- like my grandparents calling Japanese and Chinese people "Orientals." Mixed-race is the common term in the U.S., thank goodness. Anything with "caste" in the name just makes me think of the rigid social structure of India.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:07 am

eddie wrote:I haven't claimed here, or anywhere else, that it's ok to punch anyone.

Anyone????

Hi Eddie

Why do you have to refer to them in any other way than their nationality and ethnicity. Ben Is American Irish etc ethnicity, I am British/English of Irish Sicillian ethnicity, does that make me half caste of just British /English. Can I not define myself who I am when British/English and any nationality is just a concept?  The fact that people need to place labels on people is what is wrong Eddie, I mean seriously, how many people refer to you as white and not just Eddie, female,, Mother, Parent, British or English?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:17 am

To the world, I'm Irish-American. To America, I'm Irish-Texan. To Texans, I'm Irish-Fort Worth. And to Fort Worthians, I represent the West Side, boy -- my hood don't even start 'till you west of Van Cliburn Way Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:19 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:To the world, I'm Irish-American. To America, I'm Irish-Texan. To Texans, I'm Irish-Fort Worth. And to Fort Worthians, I represent the West Side, boy -- my hood don't even start 'till you west of Van Cliburn Way Smile

Exactly Ben, you should be able to identify with what you want to be, as all of the above are made up conceptions that people identify under.
To be honest first and foremost we should define everyone as what they are.
Human.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:30 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Anyone????

From what I've learned, the "black sheep" song was not that big a deal; only a few schools considered changing the lyrics, with plenty of other people saying there either wasn't a racist connotation or that the song makes black wool more valuable, as it doesn't need to be dyed.

Frankly, to my American ears, "half-caste" sounds like something people used to say 50-100 years ago before they knew better -- like my grandparents calling Japanese and Chinese people "Orientals." Mixed-race is the common term in the U.S., thank goodness. Anything with "caste" in the name just makes me think of the rigid social structure of India.

Ask a black man if he cares?
White people made that up to appease the PC brigade.

I've just been to my local shop. Present were:

A White girl serving (child is half caste)
An Indian guy working in the shop
A dad of a boy at the same nursey as my little girl - he's half indian half italian (I think?)
An elderly White woman

I threw this question out threrr as I inwas being served:

"Kirsty, domyoumget offended if your daughter is called half caste?"

Her "Erm no? It was alsways half caste when I was a kid!"

Indian guy "this country has gone mad edds! (Used my real name) you can't say anything anymore!"

I rely to him "Sanj, do you think it's weird when people PRETEND they don't see colour? There's an obvious difference between us yes? You're Indian and I'm white? Yes?"

He laughs "it's like I said, people bend over so far backward to try and pretend they don't see colour that that makes it all the worse!"

I ask everyone (becasuse I am mouthy and don't give a fuck)
"Anyonenthink Jeremy Clarkson is racist??"

The half caste Indian/italian guy says "I'll say what the shit I like becasue it's a free country, and PC has absolutely ruined this country'

Nobody thought Clarkson was racist - we all chatted for ages in the shop about the fact that it's hard NOT to be racist!

In walks my mate Charlotte I ask her

She does the kissing of the teeth that only black women can do very well and says "look, if you wanna find racists it's easy! Theyre the ones who make the bloody issues out of every goddam comment and remark that most of us blacks don't even notice till you whites make a thing about it!"
We all roar woth laughter.

we are all REGULAR PEOPLE who live in a very mixed society.
We are the normal ones.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:36 am

Which is why there is no need to label people Eddie.
Sorry your reasoning is silly beyond belief that you think an argument is valid if some agree. What you should be asking again is why you wish or need to label people this way, which you have failed to provide an answer to. At the end of the day the identities we have are made up conceptions and nothing more, we are all one biological race as humans, eyt we seek to constantly seperate ourselves into more groups which can and does bring about views of superiority or inferiority.

I again ask you, is it you who identifies who you are or that you think you can idenify someone else based off your perception as to who they are?
So why can you not refer to that person as British/Jamiacan/African identity for example?
Why do we have this really incorrect view to label people with colours, when nobody is white or black, where none of these labels would even need to exist if not for racism itself?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:47 am

Sorry but lol
I can't even begin to tell you how silly that is.

That's why I have to bow out as you've taken IT somewhere a tad daft.

@nems, thanks for your honesty - I know that most people think like that but would never ever ever in a zillion years, admit it x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:55 am

eddie wrote:Sorry but lol
I can't even begin to tell you how silly that is.

That's why I have to bow out as you've taken IT somewhere a tad daft.

@nems, thanks for your honesty - I know that most people think like that but would never ever ever in a zillion years, admit it x

lol sorry Eddie your point was silly, because you argue to make a label which is invented to identify people with not asking them if they want to be indetified that way.
You might as well say a homophobe is okay to label a homosexual as a poofter because some people think it is okay to do so as they once did in the past.
It is that kind of backwardness that seeks to deny progression in bad sterotypes which need not exist..

It usually means mixed race of any sort. It's a racial term because "caste" means pure, so if someone calls a person of mixed race "half-caste" they are calling them half pure!

Do you think it is accetable to refer to be as half pure Eddie?
This is why labels can be so wrong is because of their meanings.
This is why I challenge poor labels people use on others, if that is silly to you, then the silliness is you fail to understand why such words are demeaning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:39 am

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:Yes Didge. some people like shit most dont.

This isn't going anywhere.

No one but ben has actually been honest enough to admit they wouldn't take soft furnishings that stank of a certain smell, ie curry or fried food or even smoke

I'm not actually debating this point anymore as its veering off the subject I wish to debate.
I merely brought it up,as I knew no one would answer it.

excuse me madam I had some work to finish. keep yer beard on! lol

no I wouldn't take soft furnishing that stank of anything. I have certain customers who have considerable issues with smell. I don't confront them I just spray air freshner after they leave and smile through the agony while they're inside.

the problem with Clarkson is how many times is he going to make these verbal "oopsies" and be allowed to get away with it? Just because certain of your friends don't think his N comment wasn't racist doesn't mean others don't. its not about being PC - I think of it as common manners and being civilised and being aware of other peoples feelings.

sometimes I think he does and says crap like this just to stir up stuff which to me is worse. I said I like the other 2 but to be perfectly honest they mostly act like a bunch of schoolboys who haven't grown up but know full well what they're doing and then get all "I didn't do nothing miss" when they act stupid and get caught out.id. I am also very much over the toilet sense of humour. to be honest the show has had its day in my opinion.

Hi Cass x

This sentence is gold- and completely forgotten by the people who talk about political correctness as though it has been more destructive to the western world than the damn Holocaust...

It is fucking hard to not use certain words or phrases is it? Is expecting people to do so REALLY that much to ask? Of course the baa baa black sheep and white board farces are silly but generally PC has been for the good of society. That it annoys so many people in such an enormous way says that somewhere over the last 30 years society has forgotten what kind of views we have left behind.

*NOTE: on whiteboard, they didn't replace blackboards in classrooms for PC reasons, but because they are just so much bloody easier and nicer to use Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:56 am

Ok the last time!

He did not call anyone a n---er
He recited a rhyme

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:01 pm

eddie wrote:Ok the last time!

He recited a rhyme

You are right he did not call anyone that, but show me where it is part of the rhyme?

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,Catch a tiger by the toe.If he hollers, let him go,Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

Again I like him and he speaks his mind, but in this instance he was a tit and why he did apologise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:51 pm

So we have a Prime Minister who not only is a coward and won't debate, but now he stands up and praises Clarkson, who committed ASSAULT. Assault is a crime, so how many other people that commit assault would the PM stand up for? He protects people who avoid tax (a crime), he protects people who money launder drug money (a crime) and now, just because he is a mate, he protects someone guilty of assault. Could he sink any lower?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Why is everyone frightened to say the word n---er? The blacks use it constantly in their music and in their ordinary conversation.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:01 pm

I just used the word in it's entirety and it was censored. Fucking pathetic.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:13 pm

Its not about being frightened nicko its about having the decency to think about what you're saying and being civil- there is NO reason to use that word or others with similarly bigoted usage.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:13 pm

nicko wrote:Why is everyone frightened to say the word n---er?    The blacks use it constantly in their music and in their ordinary conversation.  

Again context Nicko and they actually say nigga. They are not saying to each other to insult or use as insult, where as someone non-black is using it in a deroatory view to insult Blacks.
This is the context and why again Clarkson did make a tit of himself by using this in the rhyme. Having said that he does make me laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:25 pm

nicko wrote:I just used the word in it's entirety and it was censored.  Fucking pathetic.

For crying out loud Nicko, this has been explained time and time again.  This is what the word n.g.r means to black people in the USA:

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 2 260px-Washington_hanging_1916-cropped
Washington hanging from a tree after being severely burned

They have taken the word back between themselves to take the connation away from it, but when said by a different race is still means the above.  If you don't have the empathy to understand that, that is your problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:02 pm

nicko wrote:I just used the word in it's entirety and it was censored.  Fucking pathetic.

Lol. And they say Americans complain about their rights?! Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:Ok the last time!

He recited a rhyme

You are right he did not call anyone that, but show me where it is part of the rhyme?

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,Catch a tiger by the toe.If he hollers, let him go,Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

Again I like him and he speaks his mind, but in this instance he was a tit and why he did apologise.

Tiger is not the original word in the rhyme
I learned it as a child as

Eeeny meeny miney moe
catch a n---er by the toe
if he hollers let him go
Eeeny meeny miney moe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:02 pm

I typed the word in full too
N I G G E R
Jeremy Clarkson acted like a tit but I don't think it warrants digging up every lynching photo
Unless its done because instructions to issue a spoiler haven't been issued Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Don’t let the maverick act fool you – Jeremy Clarkson’s the ultimate insider

Jeremy Clarkson, voice of the people/mega-sized tool (delete as appropriate to you, dear reader) has, you might have heard, got himself into a spot of trouble – again! The wee scamp. He’s such a rebel, you know. It’s really great to have Jeremy fighting in our corner for that under-represented demographic, the self-entitled, middle-aged white man who just wants to beat up on those in a less privileged position than him – from ethnic minorities to a producer who, we are now told, failed to provide Jezza’s din-dins on demand.

The blogger Guido Fawkes, a true revolutionary firebrand if there ever was one, has already started a petition to bring back Clarkson, and I personally could not applaud this more. I think we in Britain can all feel a little bit of pride in the fact that, at the time of writing, about half a million people have signed a petition demanding the reinstatement of an insanely wealthy man who is alleged to have physically assaulted a junior colleague.

Sure, the world might have laughed at Christian Bale when he lost his temper to a hilarious extent at a director of photography in 2009. But when a towering mega-talent such as Clarkson gets suspended for throwing a punch at a producer when he doesn’t get fed, well, I think we all have to stand back and say, “Political correctness has just gone too far in this country!”

As many commenters have already pointed out on the Times website – a website where they have to pay to leave such words of wisdom, remember – Top Gear is literally the only show on television for men. The only one! Honestly, the rest of the TV schedule is just overrun with middle-aged women talking about feminism and vaginas, 24/7. To get rid of Jeremy is just part and parcel of the feminazi thought-police tactics that are strangling this country, and it’s unacceptable.

I think what Jeremy’s detractors (which probably means you, you pinko Guardian readers) are missing when they run him down is that the man is, in fact, a genius. Granted, he does not talk, act or look like one, but let’s look at this in detail. I once assumed that, like tripe and the appeal of the Gallagher brothers, Clarkson was something that appealed only to British people. Like most airy assumptions I make about the human race, I soon learned that this one was based purely on my own narcissistic naivety.

But the deeply lucrative global popularity of Top Gear is not our subject today. Rather, Clarkson’s genius lies in his skill at styling himself as the maverick, the unfairly maligned, say-it-like-it-is outsider, when the only way he could be more inside is if he gave himself a proctology exam. He is the Nigel Farage of TV presenters: just as Farage (public-school educated former banker married to a German) presents himself as the man of the European Union-loathing people, so Clarkson styles himself as the decent geezer who has the terrible misfortune to work for the Thought Police – I mean the BBC – who keep trying to tamp him down.

And yet I really am struggling to think of anyone else who has repeatedly used racial slurs on international TV and still brought home an estimated £3m annual earnings. It is absolutely in character that Clarkson is, judging from his larky Twitter feed, absolutely revelling in his suspension, because it feeds into this pose of his, just as media attacks on Ukip feed into that of Nigel Farage.

I don’t know if this insider-as-faux-outsider is a uniquely British trick, but it is one that is remarkably effective here (see also Russell Brand). At least in the US, when you come across a self-styled outsider politician he is, for better or worse, genuinely out there, like the loopy libertarian Ron Paul, with his belief that heroin should be decriminalised – not an old Etonian and Oxbridge graduate like Boris Johnson.

Just as a quick reminder– think of this as the York Notes to Jeremy Clarkson, media studies students – Jeremy Clarkson is the highest paid presenter at the BBC, not a corporation known for stinting on the salaries of its star presenters (producers expected to provide food for such well-remunerated presenters get, one suspects, slightly smaller pay cheques). When the BBC bought out Clarkson’s stake in the production company specifically set up to make more money out of Top Gear’s endless commercial opportunities, he was given so much cash he probably could have built a car out of £100 notes. And, you know, it would have driven better than a Japanese car – amirite, Jezza?! The only surprising element to this latest development in the story that I call The Picaresque Adventures of Jeremy is that the BBC finally found the gumption to actually suspend him, its deeply valued cash cow. Still, at least the Clarkson saga has taught us where the BBC draws its line in the sand: racism, OK; physical violence, not OK.

And then there are Jeremy’s friends. It must be a source of sadness to Hieronymus Bosch that he died too soon to include in his 15th century painting Hell the true image of damnation: a 2010 Chipping Norton dinner party with darling David and Samantha Cameron, hilairz Rebekah and Charlie Brooks, fabulous Elisabeth Murdoch and Matthew Freud, crazy Alex James and a block of cheese, and Jeremy Clarkson. Just imagine the banter!

David: So I was on the phone yesterday with my good mate Barry Obama –

Jeremy: Rebekah, do you think the Sun would have a recording? I’d love to listen to it with Elisabeth’s father.

Everyone: Oh Jeremy! Hahaha!

Charlie: More fizz, anybody?

Alex: Has anyone tried my cheese yet? It’s made from the milk of French cows –

Jeremy: Yes, and like all things French it’s limpwristed and useless. If a German was here it would immediately surrender itself.

Everyone: Oh, Jeremy! Hahaha!

Jeremy: Seriously, that cheese is about as effective as a Citroën. If the Third Reich took over Chipping Norton … [continues and repeats joke forever].

So, I come here not to bury Jeremy Clarkson – the endeavour would be impossible, for the man is like Piers Morgan in his Teflon tendencies. Rather, I come to celebrate him and his lucrative talent at playing the outsider on the inside. Do not weep for his departure, Britain. With his political nous, not to mention his circle of friends, he’ll probably be the new MP for Kensington and Chelsea. Keep it real, Jeremy!

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/11/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-nigel-farage

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Nems wrote:I typed the word in full too
N I G G E R
Jeremy Clarkson acted like a tit but I don't think it warrants digging up every lynching photo
Unless its done because instructions to issue a spoiler haven't been issued Rolling Eyes

Then you had been take it up with Ben, as he posted those photos months ago in another discussion we had about why black people find that word so offensive when used by other races.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Nems wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Eeeny meeny  miney moe
if he hollers let him go
Eeeny meeny  miney moe

Really Nems, were you born in the 19th century?
As far as I amn aware I was never taught any racial version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:34 pm

N I G G E R

I agree on that it was daft but he is out spoken of which I like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:19 pm

risingsun wrote:
N I G G E R

Then you had been take it up with Ben, as he posted those photos months ago in another discussion we had about why black people find that word so offensive when used by other races.  

Still not quite getting the ignore thing I see.

Another identity too Rolling Eyes
Why do people have to hide its not as if they don't out themselves with a post or two lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Firstly I don't use the word n---er but a lot of black people use to eachother. It used to be a derogatory term they used to eachother insinuating lower class.

I've seen enough slavery films and docs to know that the word is really horrid.
But it was said in a rhyme and to be honest, and this was discussed in facebook recently, a lot of my generation did use that rhyme in that way, and even by blacks and Indians alike in school.

I think it's a bit silly to censor it here, unless obviously it's going to be used as an abusive term, but I don't think there's anyone on this forum that would use that word in that way.
So tk censor that word is stupid when it's only being used in a discussion here.
The word paki isn't censored and some people think that is insulting?

No idea wihy cameron would defend assault and even further, a TV celebrity??? What that's got to do with running the country I'll never know.

Still, I do like Clarkson and believe him to be a mouthy yet honest tv persona who's good at what he does and entertaining.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Brasidas wrote:
Nems wrote:

Eeeny meeny  miney moe
if he hollers let him go
Eeeny meeny  miney moe

Really Nems, were you born in the 19th century?
As far as I amn aware I was never taught any racial version.

Ah yes Didge but we were brought up in very different places

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:24 pm

the fact that so many have backed the uselees piece of frog shit merely goes to emphasise that the general public here are er,mmmm.....dunb...(the kindest way of putting it)

all those who back him shoud in any sane world have their right to vote removed...... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:29 pm

eddie wrote:Firstly I don't use the word n---er but a lot of black people use to eachother. It used to be a derogatory term they used to eachother insinuating lower class.

I've seen enough slavery films and docs to know that the word is really horrid.
But it was said in a rhyme and to be honest, and this was discussed in facebook recently, a lot of my generation did use that rhyme in that way, and even by blacks and Indians alike in school.

I think it's a bit silly to censor it here, unless obviously it's going to be used as an abusive term, but I don't think there's anyone on this forum that would use that word in that way.
So tk censor that word is stupid when it's only being used in a discussion here.
The word paki isn't censored and some people think that is insulting?

No idea wihy cameron would defend assault and even further, a TV celebrity??? What that's got to do with running the country I'll never know.

Still,  I do like Clarkson and believe him to be a mouthy yet honest tv persona who's good at what he does and entertaining.

Eddie you you do not have a racist bone in your body.
I also think it sends the wrong message when blacks do you sue their form of the n word which is more a way of sticking two fingers up two racists, as seen it gives people the wrong view that the word should be acceptable.
Again it is how the word is used, and how it is used to demean people when it is completely wrong.
No words should be censured as we are all adult enough on this forum to refrain from using vulgar language even when some of us myself included get over passionate and insult.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:31 pm

darknessss wrote:the fact that so many have backed the uselees piece of frog shit merely goes to emphasise that the general public here are er,mmmm.....dunb...(the kindest way of putting it)

all those who back him shoud in any sane world have their right to vote removed...... Rolling Eyes

That is conjecture on your part Victor and your own view, considering he has simlarities to you in not being afraid to speak his mind, where you differ is on political views, but like him, you do not hold your punches when speaking your mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:33 pm

yeah, but unlike him...i dont deliberately set out to enrage people....

(except on here Razz )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next