NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

+5
Ben Reilly
Cass
Original Quill
nicko
eddie
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 3 Empty Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't seem to C&P for some reason? If someone can grab the story for me please?

Anyway, after an apparent fracas with a TV producer, Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended until further notice.

300,000 people have signed an online petition to reinstate him

What do you think?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 3 Empty Re: Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:34 pm

oh and one more thing...clarkson hasnt got a "mind" to speak

Back to top Go down

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 3 Empty Re: Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:35 pm

though he gets a +1 from me for supporting hunting

Back to top Go down

Nems wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Really Nems, were you born in the 19th century?
As far as I amn aware I was never taught any racial version.

Ah yes Didge but we were brought up in very different places

I am not sure places has anything to do with it, where I grew up in London, being of Irish ethnicity living with Irish and black communities where they at times viewed each other poorly they certainly both felt a sense of unity around how each group was often badly sterotyped and discrminated against. There was certainly areas of London that were very racist in the 1970's. My mate being mixed race Irish/Jamaican was never really accepted by both groups, which shows how far we have come today.
Though it is true I cannot speak for your area you grew up in as I was not there Nems

Back to top Go down

darknessss wrote:yeah, but unlike him...i dont deliberately set out to enrage people....

(except on here Razz )

You fibber what about Townies?

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:38 pm

townies are a lowly "sub set of humanity" they dont count.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:40 pm

darknessss wrote:townies are a lowly "sub set of humanity" they dont count.....

Oh you grumpy so and so.
Have a good evening.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:Firstly I don't use the word n---er but a lot of black people use to eachother. It used to be a derogatory term they used to eachother insinuating lower class.

I've seen enough slavery films and docs to know that the word is really horrid.
But it was said in a rhyme and to be honest, and this was discussed in facebook recently, a lot of my generation did use that rhyme in that way, and even by blacks and Indians alike in school.

I think it's a bit silly to censor it here, unless obviously it's going to be used as an abusive term, but I don't think there's anyone on this forum that would use that word in that way.
So tk censor that word is stupid when it's only being used in a discussion here.
The word paki isn't censored and some people think that is insulting?

No idea wihy cameron would defend assault and even further, a TV celebrity??? What that's got to do with running the country I'll never know.

Still,  I do like Clarkson and believe him to be a mouthy yet honest tv persona who's good at what he does and entertaining.

Eddie you you do not have a racist bone in your body.
I also think it sends the wrong message when blacks do you sue their form of the n word which is more a way of sticking two fingers up two racists, as seen it gives people the wrong view that the word should be acceptable.
Again it is how the word is used, and how it is used to demean people when it is completely wrong.
No words should be censured as we are all adult enough on this forum to refrain from using vulgar language even when some of us myself included get over passionate and insult.

I agree. I don't think anyone would use that word on here either.

You? Get over-passionate??
Never!!!!

affraid
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Eeny, meeny, miney, mo
Catch a tiger by the toe
If he hollers make him pay
Fifty dollars every day
My mother told me to pick the very best one and you are not it.
the cadence of the rhyme is what people remember most ,the words in many ways are open to interpretation

Tinky winky LA La Po
catch a dipsy by the toe
if she wiggles let her go
Tinky winky LA La Po

why i had the telly tubbys in my head who knows but the words are meaningless ,the rhyme is a way to make a choice the cadence of it the 16 words in groups of 4
the racist intent associated with the rhyme to my mind is fallacious

when i was a child as i mentioned we had one version we grew up with and even though i replace the word (mostly) i still say it in my head
it`s hard to unlearn
but if i say it in my head while saying a different word out loud does that make me racist........or a product of pavlov`s dog conditioning  

personally i don`t give a sh"&t what colour,race,sexual orientation somebody is and i can usually tell the difference between humorous and racist intent

edit

ps the cadence of your rhyme ben is a little different to eny, meeny, miney, mo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Brasidas wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

PC was created by those who were basically sexist, racist etc, without such discrmination PC would not even exist.
It is over the top of that I do not disagree but the fact is a term like Paki is often used not to specifically refer to a person as a country of birth or ethnicity but in a derogatory manner towards that person. It is not the word itself, but how the word is used and in its context that makes the word insulting.

Thumbs up on that one Didge.

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer - Page 3 Scotland-1646

No worries Jock, which shows you need to understand the context and joke when used.

Laughing

I would have thought that a man of your means with all those degree's and the like would have been able to take the piss without using someone's nationality but I suppose when all else has failed there is always that Laughing

Funny thoigh that when you come out with racially aggravated language it's a joke but when anyone else does it it's racist. Yes, I get that Didge especially coming from someone who stands on a platform as the ultimate defender of racism in any shape or form I get that.

BTW, I was taking the piss with my little flag waver Laughing

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:36 pm

so it seems this latest fracas is because he allegedly punched someone - which I think we can take it as read that nobody here supports that kind of behavior.

and it seems he went on a foul mouthed rant because he didn't have any food ready to be served to him and he said that he would get the person sacked. awwww didums.

If he did indeed hurt or even threaten to hurt a colleague then he should be sacked immediately. Doesn't matter how many people like him or support him or have signed the petition. You just don't do that. Ever.

and to be honest it's at what 500,000? That is not a lot of people out of approx. 50 MILLION people in the UK who could sign is it?

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:40 pm

Cass wrote:so it seems this latest fracas is because he allegedly punched someone - which I think we can take it as read that nobody here supports that kind of behavior.

and it seems he went on a foul mouthed rant because he didn't have any food ready to be served to him and he said that he would get the person sacked. awwww didums.

If he did indeed hurt or even threaten to hurt a colleague then he should be sacked immediately. Doesn't matter how many people like him or support him or have signed the petition.  You just don't do that. Ever.

and to be honest it's at what 500,000? That is not a lot of people out of approx. 50 MILLION people in the UK who could sign is it?

Apparantly he has been called before the BBC Board on Saturday and they have witness statements as to what happened.  If he punched someone, IT'S A CRIME.  And to think we have a PM who is standing up for someone who is accused of a violent crime just because he is a friend.  That, in my view, is despicable.  If anyone else had been accused of this he would have been arrested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

No worries Jock, which shows you need to understand the context and joke when used.

Laughing

I would have thought that a man of your means with all those degree's and the like would have been able to take the piss without using someone's nationality but I suppose when all else has failed there is always that  Laughing

Funny thoigh that when you come out with racially aggravated language it's a joke but when anyone else does it it's racist. Yes, I get that Didge especially coming from someone who stands on a platform as the ultimate defender of racism in any shape or form I get that.

BTW, I was taking the piss with my little flag waver Laughing

Oh Irn, I know how much you love yopur country which is something to be admired and also taken advantage of in piss taking.
It is never really personal and at times when it gets very heated it is more my passions that get the better of me because I do hold strong opinions and beliefs even more so when I have reasearched and study something extensively. Again it is how you use words and in its context and never claimed to be the ultimate defender but someone who has stood up to racism, and countless forms of discrmination.
Anyway I have had some fun on political debates but to be honest I find politics really boring as I do not really support any party, because they are all useless, though if I have to choose it would be the tories for the simple fact on the economy, many others views am on the fence or disagree, though one thing I know Labour are too soft and allow things to get out of control when in power and to me are unable to make tough decisions for the country.

All the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Cass wrote:so it seems this latest fracas is because he allegedly punched someone - which I think we can take it as read that nobody here supports that kind of behavior.

If he did indeed hurt or even threaten to hurt a colleague then he should be sacked immediately. Doesn't matter how many people like him or support him or have signed the petition.  You just don't do that. Ever.

Wellllllllllll to be honest that really depends but as a general rule yes i would agree .....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:58 pm

Sorry I did advocate hitting a boss if they deserved it and one or two bosses in my life have deserved to be hit they way they poorly treated staff and got away with it. Yes its wrong to use violence but believe me it many people have felt like hitting their boses and even wanting to in how they are treated, you see this everyday in work places, because people are being pushed to their limits and hence why so many people are failing foul to stress at work. I never have hit anyone at work by the way but have worked with some good and poor managers and where there is ones that have got away with being right bastards to people I have worked with, it really does enter your mind that they deserve a right good punch in the face.

Having said all that, so if he assualted someone yes it ius wrong and he should be sacked, already stated this, but the Television is a different kettle of fish and so are the public, and ratings are important to TV and hence why they will no doubt back down or ITV will lap him up. He is too big a personality not to be on tele. The point is on 500,000 is that where is the equivalent petition Cass to say he should remain sacked to counter this one to show the view of the public? It shows that many are indifferent to him, but that he has a popular following.
Anyway as of yet we do not know all the facts, he is denying he did punch him, so lets wait and see what comes up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:19 am

Jeremy Clarkson: a history of BBC Top Gear controversies

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/10/jeremy-clarkson-bbc-top-gear-controversies

One of them was:

In February 2009, Clarkson called Gordon Brown a “one-eyed Scottish idiot”, then months later described him as a “----” in unbroadcast comments.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:45 am

^Didge - I understand the feeling BUT saying it to yourself is one thing, acting on it is another and that can never ever br right no matter how poorly a boss or colleague or anyone treats you or others. The only time it could ever be justified is self defends or helping someone who is being attacked.

my last workplace till July last year was hell. I literally hated 3 of my coworketand that has never happened before. I don't care if they die. I wouldn't lift a finger to help them because of how they treated me and others. really. BUT I would never ever smack them one no matter how deserved.

sadly he, by his behaviour, contributes to the lack of civility in this world. You are right about him being a big star and ratings pull but I think, in my opinion, that is a sad indictment on the media nowadays. I don't hate the guy - ive laughed and agreed with things he's done or said but to me, the negative far outreaches the positive.

like you've said we will have to see how it plays out.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:47 am

sorry poor spelling. tired after storytime, headache and waiting for pizza.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:28 am

Cass wrote:^Didge - I understand the feeling BUT saying it to yourself is one thing, acting on it is another and that can never ever br right no matter how poorly a boss or colleague or anyone treats you or others. The only time it could ever be justified is self defends or helping someone who is being attacked.

my last workplace till July last year was hell. I literally hated 3 of my coworketand that has never happened before. I don't care if they die. I wouldn't lift a finger to help them because of how they treated me and others. really. BUT I would never ever smack them one no matter how deserved.

sadly he, by his behaviour, contributes to the lack of civility in this world. You are right about him being a big star and ratings pull but I think, in my opinion, that is a sad indictment on the media nowadays. I don't hate the guy - ive laughed and agreed with things he's done or said but to me, the negative far outreaches the positive.

like you've said we will have to see how it plays out.

Cass I understand, just pointing out how I can see how it could lead to people doing this where most of us are restrained,
As I say we still do not have all the facts.
It may have been nothing more than a push, which could have been provocated, who knows.
Fair enough on how you feel Cass and each to their own I guess.

All the best and hope all goes well tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:48 am

Nobody knows what the other guy said to Clarkson that made him lose his temper. there must be more to it than that what's being reported. Big Man Small Man syndrome?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:01 am

All I know is, when males are hungry they often turn into monsters!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:01 am

When I was a lot younger I once said to my wife "where's my bloody dinner woman"

It came out of the kitchen at about a hundred miles an hour,lucky I ducked, it missed me and hit the back of the chair!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:12 am

It absolutely amazes me the amount of leeway people are prepared to give this idiot because he is a celebrity, when, if it turns out that he did punch the man, that is a criminal action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:30 am

risingsun wrote:It absolutely amazes me the amount of leeway people are prepared to give this idiot because he is a celebrity, when, if it turns out that he did punch the man, that is a criminal action.  

Punching someone is not an auto criminal offence, where again it will depend on the circumstances, where he made have been pushed first and thus assualted. It also depends on whether the punch thrown was done as a threat or intended to land.

Anyway he seems to be really in the wrong if we are to go off  and believe the latest witnesses where it seems he went into a rant for half an hour at the Producer over food. Seriously if this report is true, then he has been well over the top and should apologise for his behaviour here. Having said that, I still like him as a presenter.

A family who witnessed the Top Gear presenter's outburst tells Sky he engaged in an expletive-ridden rant for up to half-an-hour.
06:23, UK,
http://news.sky.com/story/1444054/family-clarkson-said-hed-have-colleague-fired

Of course this family maybe out to make money, so who knows if there is any truth to their story.
Though have just read this which makes it all up in the air as to what has happened:

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson initiated the BBC investigation which prompted his suspension, after he informed BBC bosses of the alleged "fracas".
BBC News understands that the star phoned BBC head of television, Danny Cohen, to report the incident.
Producer Oisin Tymon, with whom the altercation took place, is not believed to have filed his own complaint.
Interviews are expected to be held with the star and other parties next week, and the show has been taken off-air.
Clarkson has expressed regret over the incident, which his co-presenter James May labelled "a bit of a dust-up".
An online petition calling for the star's reinstatement - set up by political blogger Guido Fawkes - has accrued more than 800,000 signatures since Tuesday.
Top Gear is one of the BBC's most popular and profitable TV shows, with an estimated global audience of 350 million.
It's success is largely attributed to the contentious host, who has appeared on the show since 1988.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31869967

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:59 am

Thought this might put it into perspective:

Common Assault, Actual Bodily Harm and Grievous Bodily Harm
The criminal offences of common assault, actual bodily harm (ABH) and grievous bodily harm (GBH) are governed by the Criminal Justice Act 1988 and the Offences Against the Person Act 1861.
Common Assault
What is Common Assault?

Under Section 39 of the Criminal Justice Act the offence will be committed when a person either assaults another person or commits a battery.

A battery is classified as the application of unlawful force. This could be anything from a push or slap.
An assault is when the one person makes the other fear that immediate force will be used against them. This could be anything from shaking a fist or running a finger across a throat. No force needs to be applied in order for it to be an assault.

Will there be a prison sentence?

Common assault carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison and/or a fine.

If someone is being charged for the first time it is unlikely that they will go to prison with a fine the usual outcome. If the offender has previous convictions or if they were proven to have had a particular motivation for the attack, specifically if it is racially motivated this could however lead to a prison sentence.
Actual Bodily Harm (ABH)
What is Actual Bodily Harm?

Assault causing actual bodily harm (ABH) is a criminal offence which is governed by Section 47 of the Offences Against the Person Act.

In this case the assault or battery needs to cause harm to the person’s body. The harm is not necessarily serious but it would need to be more than a shove which would remain common assault. Harm such as bruises, scratches and bite marks is sufficient.

What needs to be remembered when dealing with ABH is that there only needs to be intention to apply unlawful force not the intention to cause actual bodily harm. If someone pushes another he will have intended to apply unlawful force. If the person who was pushed then bangs his head this will be charged under Section 47 even if the defendant did not intend the victim to hurt their head.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/offences/assualt-gbh-abh.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:20 pm

Which again depoends on the circumstances.
As yet it is a claim to a punch being thrown or even hitting someone where again we have no idea if any of that part is true where if it is whether he was assualted first. The Police are not going to arrest either if the later is the case. If the punch was thrown though not connected I doubt they are going to press any criminal charges.

Anyway here this will help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-fatal_offences_against_the_person_in_English_law

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Ooohh Wolfie your so macho, Big mouth cretin.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Jeremy Clarkson: a history of BBC Top Gear controversies

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/10/jeremy-clarkson-bbc-top-gear-controversies

One of them was:

In February 2009, Clarkson called Gordon Brown a “one-eyed Scottish idiot”, then months later described him as a “----” in unbroadcast comments.

well nasty certainly but also, unfortunately quite strictly speaking correct

he does have only one good eye
he IS scottish
and he IS an idiot (though of course THAT is purely subjective)

and one may well say hes a "****"(again rather subjetive but still)

like calling a white prostitute a "white whore"

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:40 pm

darknessss wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Jeremy Clarkson: a history of BBC Top Gear controversies

One of them was:

well nasty certainly but also, unfortunately quite strictly speaking correct

he does have only one good eye
he IS scottish
and he IS an idiot (though of course THAT is purely subjective)

and one may well say hes a "****"(again rather subjetive  but still)

like calling a white prostitute a "white whore"

But we are not allowed to call people names anymore, becasuse it ruins their life. Rolling Eyes

Sticks and stones.
You're better off being a child; you have far more freedom to express yourself.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3