NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Will Not Be Played by a Woman, Says Producer

2 posters

Go down

James Bond Will Not Be Played by a Woman, Says Producer Empty James Bond Will Not Be Played by a Woman, Says Producer

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:19 pm

Daniel Craig’s successor as James Bond will not be a woman, the producer of the film series has confirmed. No Time to Die, which is set for release in April, will be Craig’s final appearance as 007, and there’s been speculation that the next Bond could be a woman. But producer Barbara Broccoli has poured cold water on the idea, telling Variety: “James Bond can be of any color, but he is male... I believe we should be creating new characters for women, strong female characters... I’m not particularly interested in taking a male character and having a woman play it. I think women are far more interesting than that.” The next Bond film will see actress Lashana Lynch play a female 00 agent and her appearance in the trailer restarted the conversation about whether Bond could be played by a woman in the next film. Broccoli went on: “For better or worse, we are the custodians of this character... We take that responsibility seriously.”

Read it at Variety

Back to top Go down

James Bond Will Not Be Played by a Woman, Says Producer Empty Re: James Bond Will Not Be Played by a Woman, Says Producer

Post by nicko Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Ian Fleming's James Bond is a Man, Using a Women for the part is PC madness !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

James Bond Will Not Be Played by a Woman, Says Producer Empty Re: James Bond Will Not Be Played by a Woman, Says Producer

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 pm

nicko wrote:Ian Fleming's James Bond is a Man, Using a Women for the part is PC madness !

Yes it is. Fleming was a Royal Navy intelligence officer and based his 007 stories on someone that that he had both known and served with during WW2.

As I recall it was a naval officer of Commander (equivalent to Lt. Col. or Wing Commander rank in the other services) rank and the officer was most certainly NOT a woman. Indeed he was a Scottish clan Laird, or minor aristocracy.

No-one, least of all me, has the slightest doubt about the bravery and achievements of women during WW2 and after,,,but 007 James Bond was, in both the eyes and knowledge of his creator, a man.

But if this PC madness continues in the world of entertainment, SAS founder David Stirling will eventually emerge as an ethnic minority, disabled, single parent lesbian called Tracey.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down