NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan

+5
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
nicko
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Empty James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 pm

James Bond will be black before he's gay, is the opinion of former 007 Pierce Brosnan.

And the Irish star thinks it would be marvellous for "a great black actor" to pick up the baton for cinema's most enduring secret agent.

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan O-IDRIS-ELBA-570

Pierce Brosnan believes Idris Elba to be an actor with the necessary presence and charisma for Bond

During a chat to promote his own film 'No Escape', Pierce is inevitably asked about Bond, and he tells Details magazine,

"Let's start with a great black actor being James Bond. Idris Elba certainly has the physicality, the charisma, the presence. But I think Daniel [Craig] will be there for a while yet."

He's less sure about the prospect of a gay James Bond any time soon, however.

He explains, "I don't know how it would work. I don't think Barbara [Broccoli, the James Bond producer] would allow a gay Bond to happen in her lifetime. But it would certainly make for interesting viewing."

Barbara Broccoli has managed the Bond franchise impeccably since inheriting it from her late father Cubby. There is no inference by Pierce that she lacks tolerance for gay people or roles, more that her protectiveness of the role as it was created by writer Ian Fleming is well known, and one of Bond's most celebrated talents/flaws is his enduring success with the ladies.

Daniel Craig will be taking the role of 007 for the fourth time in the forthcoming 'Spectre', and there has long been speculation that, when the time comes to replace him, a black actor could step in. Idris Elba is the obvious choice, although he appeared to have ruled himself out of consideration a year ago, saying he'd broken the rule of talking about it, because he kept being asked.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/26/james-bond-black-actor-pierce-brosnan-gay_n_8041866.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-entertainment&ir=UK+Entertainment

I James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Smiley18 Idris, he's absolutely gorgeous and very talented James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Love_711 I'd be his Bond girl any day, if I had the chance Sad

Back to top Go down

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Empty Re: James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:45 pm

I agree FTL he would make a great Bond.

Laughing

Right things to do so have a fab evening

Back to top Go down

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Empty Re: James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Cuchulain wrote:I agree FTL he would make a great Bond.

Laughing

Right things to do so have a fab evening

Have fun Didge James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan 2681620681  x

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:11 am

Technically the Craig Bond has already implied that homosexual activities are not new to him Smile

Personally I'd rather stick with a straight, white Bond, since that's how he has always been. But I wouldn't really care much either way.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:49 pm

I wouldn't kick Idris out of bed Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:54 pm

Women on here are sex mad Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:56 pm

nicko wrote:Women on here are sex mad Laughing

It's what keeps you coming back Nicko, come on, tell the truth James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Giggle22 x

@Eddie - he's mine, hands off James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan 4086978286

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Why does he have to be black or gay...?

His identity is clear in the novels as being white British and a lover of women...

Tell you what... If you lot are so up for change... why not make the next bond both black AND gay!!!

Why not...!!!???

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Why does he have to be black or gay...?

His identity is clear in the novels as being white British and a lover of women...

Tell you what... If you lot are so up for change... why not make the next bond both black AND gay!!!

Why not...!!!???

lol!

It's not because he's black, it's because he is drop dead gorgeous Tommy...........combined with a lover of women, Oh My God  James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Smiley19

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:12 pm

It would be silly if he was gay. The Bond films rely a lot on having glamorous women for Bond to get off with. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:39 pm

i am firmly in the couldn't give a toss ether way camp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:50 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Why does he have to be black or gay...?

Why not...!!!???

lol!

It's not because he's black, it's because he is drop dead gorgeous Tommy...........combined with a lover of women, Oh My God  James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Smiley19

If you think he is 'drop dead gorgeous' then that is just your opinion of how you rate his looks... not a reason to justify him being a bond actor... especially as bond is white!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

If you think he is 'drop dead gorgeous' then that is just your opinion of how you rate his looks... not a reason to justify him being a bond actor... especially as bond is white!!!

I secretly want to be his Bond girl Tommy, there's something special about him James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Embarr14 I have never gone for looks in a man, it's more about chemistry and he's definitely got it!!!  James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Faint_12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:15 pm

If you say so... although your fantasies about him don't justify him being cast as playing the part of bond, who is a white British man of Scottish ancestry!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Why does he HAVE to be either black OR gay?

this is simply more lefty nonsense, pokeing their long and incredibly stupid noses in where they have no business doing so....

the ORIGINAL character was what?

so why does it have to change, why shoyld anyone feel the NEED to change it?
personally I wouldnt bother watching a bond film with either of those two types of characters

why

well not becasue I "hate blacks" (I dont)
and certainly not becasue I hate gays (I dont)

but because such a move would be yet another victory for the PC brigade, who are set to depoil everything they can in persuit of their agenda, and yet nore fuel for the liberalist lefty agenda of a little grey world of little grey boxes in which we can all live our little grey lives....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:13 am

feelthelove wrote:
nicko wrote:Women on here are sex mad Laughing

It's what keeps you coming back Nicko, come on, tell the truth James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Giggle22 x

@Eddie - he's mine, hands off James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan 4086978286

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan 3177564460

Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:16 am

I hate James Bomd films. They suck.
I don't care if Bond is white, black or purple because James Bomd films suck.

They suck. And that's that.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:33 am

Victor, not watching a film solely for that reason is kind of silly- what if it is reviewed as one of the best Bond films ever?

Like Korben saya, not too fussed either way, but I'm for keeping characters true to their creators vision overall.

Tommy spitting feathers is hilarious though, for that reason alone I'd love Idris to get the role lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:09 am

I have never seriously understood the fuss over how some get all yet up over something so trivial when they ignore countless other changes in the many Bond films. How over time films adapt with the present. As lets face it Bond must now be now at least 90. Technology has always advanced in the films as the films are not set to the past but the present. So has bond discovered the fountain of youth? Come on, people? You do not mind that Bond can remain looking the same age after 54 years, when the story line is set in today's present? So if the Character adapts to the time frame, then clearly the ethnicity of Bond can adapt to the time frame. Now I get at the time of the writing if you played a black Bond on the second film it would have been absurd for the time, as there would have been little chance of those of Black ethnicity in the Secret Service.

Thus it would not be out of sink today for a Black actor to play Bond. You cannot deny a black actor if you are happy to have an ageless Bond. It proves that as the films have adapted to the time frame and never aged Bond, so can the story line be adapted to have a Black actor play Bond. And you cannot argue off other characters in the film like M, as they are replaced with time and even within the stories. One M was a woman which would have been out of place in the first films, but is very acceptable that a woman would be M today. That is also a massive change to the story and it has worked exceptionally well, she played the part of M the best out of all of them. They even kill her off and replace the actor and character of M in the film. So an ageless Bond is now very out of place, but we happily except that.

So if you are against any changes to Bond. You also would have to then keep the Bond films in the era they were written in or Bond should be retired off and replaced with someone far younger. And need I say how many non-Semitic actors have played Jesus Christ in films. I mean lets face it their skin would be too light, facial features and even worse unable speak Aramaic to play the part. So I think people need to see how they already concede to changes and stop making such a fuss over something so trivial.

Last edited by Cuchulain on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:34 am

Eilzel wrote:Technically the Craig Bond has already implied that homosexual activities are not new to him Smile

Personally I'd rather stick with a straight, white Bond, since that's how he has always been. But I wouldn't really care much either way.

Yes, I remember that line about Bond's past homosexual activity in Skyfall: "What makes you think it was the first time?"  With Javier Bardem, of all people!  As one critic said:

Nourishing Obscurity wrote:The gay encounter with Bardem which I’d feared would be vomit-inducing turned out to be Bardem being told to “do” the gay bit, a bone for the PC Narrative dog.   It was bearable and thankfully short.    Craig’s rejoinder: “What makes you think it was the first time?” was tacked on to please the gay mafia.   Neither of them are convincing gays.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:01 am

Whatever it was, no one seemed to care much Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:34 am

Right. I thought I was the only one who caught it.

It was just sort of stuck in there. I chalked it up to a producer paying homage to something, while keeping Bond cool (been there, done that). Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:35 am

Eilzel wrote:Victor, not watching a film solely for that reason is kind of silly- what if it is reviewed as one of the best Bond films ever?

Like Korben saya, not too fussed either way, but I'm for keeping characters true to their creators vision overall.

Tommy spitting feathers is hilarious though, for that reason alone I'd love Idris to get the role lol

Eil, not really, its the same principle as never buying goods from the likes of Lush, richer sounds and the cooperative group

I DO NOT buy goods from these places......

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:05 pm

The one-liner to Bardem's character mainly served the purpose of showing how Bond is never wrong-footed by villains' banter, it certainly wasn't done to appease any cause. You don't have to be gay to say something like that; the most it implies is that Bond isn't homophobic.

Characters change with the times when they survive this long. The key is that the first black or gay Bond has to be introduced in a really really good movie -- if the plot doesn't blow people away, the gayity or blackitude of Bond will overshadow the film.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:55 pm

I don't know why it's even come up really. Bond is Bond, with a fondness for the ladies, and homophobia or lack of it is irrelevant.

Roger Moore was the best Bond.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:The one-liner to Bardem's character mainly served the purpose of showing how Bond is never wrong-footed by villains' banter, it certainly wasn't done to appease any cause. You don't have to be gay to say something like that; the most it implies is that Bond isn't homophobic.

Characters change with the times when they survive this long. The key is that the first black or gay Bond has to be introduced in a really really good movie -- if the plot doesn't blow people away, the gayity or blackitude of Bond will overshadow the film.

"Wrongfooted"...that's the word I was looking for. Exactly. It was that been there, done that air about everything with Bond.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:The one-liner to Bardem's character mainly served the purpose of showing how Bond is never wrong-footed by villains' banter, it certainly wasn't done to appease any cause. You don't have to be gay to say something like that; the most it implies is that Bond isn't homophobic.

"Wrongfooted"...that's the word I was looking for.  Exactly.  It was that been there, done that air about everything with Bond.

I thought it was a good scene -- they've never done that with Bond before, to my knowledge. In fact, I think it might have been the first Bond film that even acknowledged the existence of homosexuality, at least overtly.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:19 pm

apropos another thread.....

more PC nonsense.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:35 pm

I have to confess, it was inconsistent. And for that reason, made you uncomfortable, like vic James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan 3408175593

But like the review said, it was short.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Eilzel wrote:Victor, not watching a film solely for that reason is kind of silly- what if it is reviewed as one of the best Bond films ever?

As am I les... supporting this is hardly spitting feathers...!

And dodge... You wouldn't make a film about batman and dress him up as a cat or a flying squirrel...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:12 am

Your 'tone' implies more than a passive opposition tommy lol

^agreed Raggs re:Moore being the best Bond Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:53 am

I liked Sean Connery...but then, I'm old enough to remember when not only he was young and popular, but the scripts were creative. My favorite was From Russia with Love.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:17 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

As am I les... supporting this is hardly spitting feathers...!

And dodge... You wouldn't make a film about batman and dress him up as a cat or a flying squirrel...

So you are making a comparison to Bonds skin tone and facial features as being essential as if this is a suit like the bat suit?
PMSL and it further proves your racial views Tommy.
You are happy that Bond who by all accounts would be 90 plus and has changed appearance already multiple times in films with different actors playing the part, none of which look like each other, but you only draw the line on skin colour? It seriously sums up how utterly racist you are Tommy. Bond is a fictional character who has adapted with time. If you are that bothered by accuracy, Bond would have had to have been killed off or retired due to the fact the films are always set in the present when they were made. Blimey many historically based films have had countless inaccuracies and you throw your dummy out over a fictional one and compare skin colour to a costume.
Sums up your prejudice completely

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 am

Bond is quintessentially British of Scottish stock you fool... plus the films are not a series following his whole life!!!

They are supposed to be snap shots of his adventures while a secret agent!

Your arguments llpt get more and more laughable!!!

Pathetic!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:33 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Bond is quintessentially British of Scottish stock you fool... plus the films are not a series following his whole life!!!They are supposed to be snap shots of his adventures while a secret agent!
Your arguments llpt get more and more laughable!!!

Pathetic!!!

What a load of rubbish.
He is a fictional character who should be over 90 now if we wnet with accuracy and has changed in appearance many times already which at no point have you moaned about which proves you are an utter hypocrite. You just further prove how racist you are that in this day and age you do not think the story can be adapted to be played by a British-English who is Black ethnicity. Your arguments are bigoted and born from racism as his features have already changed multiple times in films to be completely different people. So to claim to say he cannot have darker skin is as seen utter bullshit.
You are pathetic and you are proving how much so and I am enjoying you do so

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:35 am

Stop spamming dodge...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:39 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Stop spamming dodge...

Move along little baby, as seen you just got shown up for being a hypocrite, if you were that bothered you would have stopped watching Bond films ages ago due to accuracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:46 am

Don't be A bell end all your life dodge... have a day off every once in a while!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:50 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Don't be A bell end all your life dodge... have a day off every once in a while!!!

lol!

PMSL as what a poor deflection again after me showing up what an utter hypocrite you are by the fact you have already foregone many changes with accuracies in Bond films without objection.

Busted

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:08 pm

The central character has always been based on the same premise dodge...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The central character has always been based on the same premise dodge...

Really?
If he has a scottish accent with Sean Connery and then the rest have English accents, how is that being central to the charcter when he is half scottish. How do you alkso account for Bond being set in a time frame and yet he never ages in the films as they are made in those present times meaning Bond would be now 90+? The list is endless of hoa Bond films have adapted for the time they are made and yet at no point did you offer objection. It proves you are a hypocrite. If the bases for your objection is accuracy, you would have stopped watching Bond films years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:22 pm

Dodgy waffle again...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Dodgy waffle again...

No as seen I have proven you are a hypocrite where you would have stopped watching Bond films due to your objection of accuray after Sean
Connery. Oh and your view to him being quintessentially British. Are you claiming the true British male is a womaniser and a cold calculated killer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Bond is bond... white British!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Bond is bond... white British!!!

Bond is fiction.
Where again your argument holds no validity when you have already foregone inaccuracies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Band is white British fictional character.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Band is white British fictional character.

Band?
Who is he?
Again did you stop watching Bond films or object when inaccuracies started many films ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Bond is white British of Scottish stock.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Bond is white British of Scottish stock.

And half Swiss.
So again did you stop watching Bond films or object when inaccuracies started many films ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Not black African in any way!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next