NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So who was the best James Bond...and the best Bond girl?

+5
magica
nicko
Vintage
eddie
Syl
9 posters

Go down

So who was the best James Bond...and the best Bond girl? Empty So who was the best James Bond...and the best Bond girl?

Post by Syl Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:55 pm

And why?....

Sean Connery
Roger Moore
George Lazenby
Timothy Dalton
Pierce Brosnan
Daniel Craig.

Bond girls...too many to name.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

So who was the best James Bond...and the best Bond girl? Empty Re: So who was the best James Bond...and the best Bond girl?

Post by eddie Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:58 pm

I hate and detest Bomd films but going from just what I know I’d say Daniel Craig. Not my type, but definitely looked the part.
I dont like any of the others listed, particularly Pierce Brosnan.

Pierce is a really stupid name too and there’s a little devil in me that wants to suggest it for the Royal baby.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

So who was the best James Bond...and the best Bond girl? Empty Re: So who was the best James Bond...and the best Bond girl?

Post by Syl Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:25 pm

eddie wrote:I hate and detest Bomd films but going from just what I know I’d say Daniel Craig. Not my type, but definitely looked the part.
I dont like any of the others listed, particularly Pierce Brosnan.

Pierce is a really stupid name too and there’s a little devil in me that wants to suggest it for the Royal baby.

Prince Pierce...it has a ring to it. Cool

I thought Pierce was by far the most handsome Bond....the best was a toss up between Connery and Craig, both very mean and moody.

Best Bond girl by far imo was the first, Ursula Andress, she was absolutely beautiful.
So who was the best James Bond...and the best Bond girl? 183?cb=20171011215141
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Yeah she’s a hottie. And her bikini is fabulous!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:01 pm

I watched the Sean Connery ones and the Roger Moore ones mainly as somewhere to go on wet Sunday, local cinema or on the tv on Bank Holidays but not many of the others. We had a show in our local town and a James Bond car was there to have a look at, I did go with friends but have no interest in cars so I don't know what year it was but the car was sort of brown or metallic brown almost coppery as I remember, were the cars a different colour in each film? Must have been an Aston Martin but they all seem to be grey.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:08 pm

It would be an Aston Martin DB5, they used several , mainly silver of different shades.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Yes, Nicko you are right, this car apparently went all over the country. This was the county show and it was shown in a khaki tent,which didn't seem very big, in the evening so the light wasn't great and I probably wasn't wearing my specs being a teenager and vain. Must have been mid to late sixties as it was being shown in such unsophisticated circumstances. Later it would have been flood lights and glitz.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:10 pm

My favourite was Roger Moore as Bond and Ursula Andress as Bond girl.

I think Roger Moore always had a cheeky grin and his eyes were flirty.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:29 pm

When you mention Bond, Sean Connery is the first man you think of, but Roger Moore is a very close second.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Daniel Craig! Though I think I like him best is because I liked his movies better than the older ones, they were a bit darker and less over the top.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Hey, slightly off topic but are they all still based on Ian Fleming stories, or did they finally run out?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:29 am

Cool

My personal list would go :

1.  Sean Connery, because he set the standard;
2.  Daniel Craig, his movies have been the best ones, so far;
3.  Pierce Brosnan;
4.  Roger Moore;
5.  David Niven/Peter Sellers/Woody Allen;
6.  Timothy Dalton;
7.   George Lazenby..

(8. Also, a nod to those actors who played Bond in earlier films, where nobody remembers their names (I just had to look them up..) : Barry Nelson (1954), Bob Holness (1956), Bob Simmons (1962).. https://www.007james.com/articles/who_played_james_bond.php ).

Best 'Bond Girls' ?

Ursula Andress  --  as the first, she set the benchmark for others to follow;
Honor Blackman, ('Pussy Galore' in Goldfinger..)
Halle Berry
Michelle Yeoh
Grace Jones

hi
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:56 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Hey, slightly off topic but are they all still based on Ian Fleming stories, or did they finally run out?

Not sure without googling.

Another thing slightly off topic....Who would have thought the same author of all the Bond books would have also written Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for kids?.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:59 pm

magica wrote:My favourite was Roger Moore as Bond and Ursula Andress as Bond girl.

I think Roger Moore always had a cheeky grin and his eyes were flirty.

I loved Roger Moore when he was being himself in interviews, he was incredibly dry and witty.....and a really good story teller.
As was David Niven (a lesser known Bond)
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:03 pm

nicko wrote:When you mention Bond, Sean Connery is the first man you think of,   but Roger Moore is a very close second.

I think overall Sean Connery ususally tops the list of the best James Bond.
As with Ursula Andress as a Bond girl with a great name (Honey Ryder)...the originals are still considered the best.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Pussie Galore, "knock knock"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:51 pm

nicko wrote:Pussie Galore,    "knock knock"

Subtle or what?? Razz

I have to say though that Honour Blackman played that role to perfection.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:05 pm

I went off Sean Connery when he said it was ok to give a woman a good slap! Evil or Very Mad
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:59 pm

magica wrote:I went off Sean Connery when he said it was ok to give a woman a good slap! Evil or Very Mad

I remember that too Mags....what an arsehole.
His ex wife actress Diane Cilento also wrote that he used to knock her about when they were married.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Horrible man Syl.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:08 pm

Yeah.....I will stick with Daniel Craig as best ever Bond, he and his wife seem really happy. She is having a baby at age 48, she looks about 28.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Like you Syl, you look much younger than your age.

Can you pay me that tenner now Laughing
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:54 pm

On Bond girls

Jane Seymore and Barbara Bach

Best Bond, without doubt Sean Connery

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:01 pm

magica wrote:Like you Syl, you look much younger than your age.

Can you pay me that tenner now Laughing
Its in the post Mags.  Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Didge wrote:On Bond girls

Jane Seymour...Solitaire....she was good, and like others she still looks great.

I think some of the Bond girls have fared much better than the Bond guys.  Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:On Bond girls

Jane Seymour...Solitaire....she was good, and like others she still looks great.

I think some of the Bond girls have fared much better than the Bond guys.  Wink

I think you good be right Syl lol

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:04 pm

Jane Seymour was and still is very pretty. She doesn't look any older.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:11 pm

magica wrote:Jane Seymour was and still is very pretty.  She doesn't look any older.

So who was the best James Bond...and the best Bond girl? Gallery_movies-bond-girls-then-and-now-jane-seymour
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:28 am

Roger Moore - he brought a more humourous edge to the role and absolute bags of charm. His films are also more varied than Connery's, making them more fun, for me, on repeated viewings.

Pussy Galore - a tough ass bitch in Goldfinger, who gave Bond a run for his money Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:45 am

Eilzel wrote:Roger Moore - he brought a more humourous edge to the role and absolute bags of charm. His films are also more varied than Connery's, making them more fun, for me, on repeated viewings.

Pussy Galore - a tough ass bitch in Goldfinger, who gave Bond a run for his money Smile

Didn’t you like the pitot of Daniel Craig emerging from the sea? Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:19 am

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Roger Moore - he brought a more humourous edge to the role and absolute bags of charm. His films are also more varied than Connery's, making them more fun, for me, on repeated viewings.

Didn’t you like the pitot of Daniel Craig emerging from the sea? Razz

In terms if pure droolability factor I'm more for Pierce tbf Razz
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:26 am

Dont mean to misdirect, but would it not be fun to guess the film from quotes?

So this is an easy one, which Bond film is this?

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No Mr Bond, I expect you to die."

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:38 am

Didge wrote:Dont mean to misdirect, but would it not be fun to guess the film from quotes?

Very easy. Wink Goldfinger.

What about this: "You have, the nasty habit, of surviving."
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:44 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:Dont mean to misdirect, but would it not be fun to guess the film from quotes?

Very easy.  Wink Goldfinger.

I cannot think where that is from mate and wont look it up, so do tell?

You have me stumped

My next one is:

"Are you looking for shells?"
"No, I am just looking"

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:52 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Very easy.  Wink Goldfinger.

Kamal Kahn says it in Octopussy Wink

How about this one: "For England, James?" "No. For me."

(From my fave Bond film).

Note: gonna guess Dr. No for your last one!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:55 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Correct mate

That is a line by Sean Bean, but for the life of me, cannot remember the name of the film Rolling Eyes

How about this one

“Miss Anders! I didn’t recognize you with your clothes on.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:57 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Correct mate

That is a line by Sean Bean, but for the life of me, cannot remember the name of the film   Rolling Eyes

How about this one

Rings a bell, I think it's a Moore film but don't know tbh.

Yes on Bean, as Alec Trevalyan (006) in Goldeneye Cool
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:01 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Correct mate

That is a line by Sean Bean, but for the life of me, cannot remember the name of the film   Rolling Eyes

How about this one

That is a great Bond film, the best that Pierce did, to me

The film is The man with the Golden Gun

lol, I remeber quotes more from the older Bond films lol, I guess that is an age thing lol  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:03 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Correct mate

How about this one

That is a great Bond film, the best that Pearce did, to me

lol, I remeber quotes more from the older Bond films lol, I guess that is an age thing lol  Rolling Eyes

Knew it was Moore at least Neutral

Here's an easier one: "I think he's attempting reentry, Sir." "Well tell him to pull out!"

Lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:06 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

That is a great Bond film, the best that Pearce did, to me

Knew it was Moore at least Neutral

Here's an easier one: "I think he's attempting reentry, Sir." "Well tell him to pull out!"

Lol

An educated guess, Moonraker?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:01 am

Roger Moore. He was "smoother" than Sean Connery, and had a naughty twinkle in his eye. Laughing

Britt Ekland - just because I like Britt Ekland really.

My favourite baddie was of course Christopher Walken as Max Zorin in A View to a Kill.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:08 am

Walken is always an awesome baddie, such fun to watch Smile

Moonraker spot on, didge Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Here's a line that stuck in my young mind.

Bond girl...I think my mouth is too big.
Bond........Its just the right size, for me that is.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Syl wrote:Here's a line that stuck in my young mind.

Bond girl...I think my mouth is too big.
Bond........Its just the right size, for me that is.

lol, not sure which on that is from, any ideas Syl?

Here is another for Eilzel

"I hear the Island is exclusively for women, no men allowed.”
“Sexual discrimination, I will definitely have to pay it a visit.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:19 pm

Mine was 'From Russia with love"....when Connery was Bond and I thought he was the most handsome man I had ever seen. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Syl wrote:Mine was 'From Russia with love"....when Connery was Bond and I thought he was the most handsome man I had ever seen. Laughing

I think Connery is fab and is 87 now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down