NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female

+3
veya_victaous
Cass
Original Quill
7 posters

Go down

Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female Empty Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:01 pm

SF Chronicle wrote:With the latest James Bond movie, “Spectre,” coming to theaters November 6, it’s that time again when the Internet starts fighting about who should play 007 next.
The topic has become even more popular since Daniel Craig’s public statements that he’s grown tired of playing the character (though he has admitted he’s contractually obligated for one more movie).

Whenever it’s time to christen a new Bond, talk grows about the possibility of the next spy being a person of color, gay, or female. Most of the former Bonds are all for having the character change to address more progressive times.

Except Roger Moore.

Roger Moore Stuart C. Wilson GettyUnited ArtistsTelling The Daily Mail in a recent interview that “political correctness” should not be pandered to when choosing future Bonds, he went on to say, “I’ve heard people talk about how there should be a lady Bond or a gay Bond. But they wouldn’t be Bond for the simple reason that wasn’t what Ian Fleming wrote.”

Moore played Bond in seven films from 1973 to 1985, including classics like “The Spy Who Loved Me,” “Octopussy,” and “A View to a Kill.”

"It is not about being homophobic or, for that matter, racist," the 88-year-old actor continued. "It is simply about being true to the character."

But that theory doesn't hold much water. English author Ian Fleming created the Bond character in 1953, and since the first movie adaptation of the character in 1962’s “Dr. No” starring Sean Connery, the character has veered further and further from Fleming’s vision. Some even make the case that Moore is least like Fleming’s version of the secret agent.

One thing that will always be true about choosing a new Bond is that you can never please everyone, however absurd the reasons for their discontent. Remember the big gripe many fans had when Craig was hired? His hair was too blond.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female Empty Re: Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female

Post by Cass Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 pm

Absolutely that Moore as well as Lazenby were the farthest from original character. Actually Daniel Craig together with whoever has written the last 4 scripts have been closest to the original. Even as Connery went on he got cheesier.

IMO Bond should stay as a straight, white male as that is how the character was created and brought to life by Fleming. If people want the character to be otherwise then they best be getting to writing.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female Empty Re: Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:38 pm

I think the Character is out of date anyway and doesn't fit in the modern world very well. they feel like hey are trying to force earlier times into the modern world. the problem is the books are set in the mid to late 1900's but the movies are set in modern times. James bonds back story already makes him OLDER than Nicko, it is all becoming a bit Austin Powers  jocolor

I think if they want to make it longer running they do need to add more to the story and allow for more dynamic characters.. i think the best way to do this is to change 'james bond' to the code name of the agent rather than the actual name, that allows them to use anyone.
they should try to be like Doctor Who, where the franchise is made 'bigger' by the fact the story allows for an inter-generational transition through actors.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:47 pm

Some good points but I think Dr. Who was created with him being about to.....turn, transmogify, teleport (can you tell I'm not a fan) whatever.

Changing the character wont work. That would be like making Bilbo female or Poirot an American.

Create a NEW character/story.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:49 am

Cass wrote:Some good points but I think Dr. Who was created with him being about to.....turn, transmogify, teleport (can you tell I'm not a fan) whatever.

Changing the character wont work. That would be like making Bilbo female or Poirot an American.

Create a NEW character/story.

Pretty sure people have being saying that to Hollywood for years Wink  And I think Only if they are NOT going to make a new franchise and continue with until the 117th bond film Rolling Eyes  

And Since Wolverine Doesn't wear Yellow Spandex, I figure they can do what ever to make the franchise work...
There is only one wolverine figurine in the this photo the others are Hugh Jackman figurines Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female 701_wolverine

The Doctor who thing is more they wrote into the story that if he was killed he was reborn into a new body so if an actor wants to leave they kill them on screen and get a new one, no continuity issues as the fact the doctor looks different is already explained..

Bond seem like it could easily do the same as he is a 'secret agent' so the whole telling people his 'real' name is a bit silly. and they can just 'back-fill' the explanation on how we went from Connery to Moore to Craig that all look quite different
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:52 am

Hahaha yeah give me HJ over the "original " wolverine any day Smile

I will continue to watch JB even to the 118th film if it continues to show hunky men in tight swimsuits or tuxedos thankyouverymuch Wink

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:28 am

I could play Bond, think how you could bling up a Wheelchair,machine guns rockets ect.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:57 pm

Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female Tank_chair_m249

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:24 pm

nicko wrote:I could play Bond,   think how you could bling up a Wheelchair,machine guns rockets ect.

Why not go full-cyborg Bond? Espionage set centuries in the future. I'd love something like that Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:28 pm

The one Quill pictured would suit me,getting around the Supermarket would be a doddle!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female Tank_chair_m249

Now that is cool Nicko Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female Cool10

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:03 am

Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female UsvRI7L
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:38 am

Cass wrote:Absolutely that Moore as well as Lazenby were the farthest from original character. Actually Daniel Craig together with whoever has written the last 4 scripts have been closest to the original. Even as Connery went on he got cheesier.

IMO Bond should stay as a straight, white male as that is how the character was created and brought to life by Fleming. If people want the character to be otherwise then they best be getting to writing.

Roger Moore was my favourite Bond.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm

English, White and loves Women, THAT is James Bond.

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:40 pm

nicko wrote:English, White and loves Women, THAT is James Bond.

Or Scottish Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Or even Welsh!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cass wrote:Absolutely that Moore as well as Lazenby were the farthest from original character. Actually Daniel Craig together with whoever has written the last 4 scripts have been closest to the original. Even as Connery went on he got cheesier.

Roger Moore was my favourite Bond.

He was JB when I saw my first bond film - Moonraker. Hes my 2nd after DC - he was so cheesy he was great.

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:36 am

By Moore never said he shouldn't have a man bun Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female 3489511464 Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female 3489511464 
Roger Moore says James Bond should never be gay or female ProT56e
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:45 am

Lol
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down