NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK is world's largest producer of legal cannabis

2 posters

Go down

UK is world's largest producer of legal cannabis Empty UK is world's largest producer of legal cannabis

Post by eddie Fri May 04, 2018 9:26 pm

”It is scandalous and untenable for the UK government to maintain that cannabis has no medical uses, at the same time as licensing the world's biggest government-approved medical cannabis production and export market”
~ Steve Rolles, Transform's senior policy analyst.

The UK produced 95 tonnes of legal cannabis in 2016, more than double the total of the previous year, reveals the UN's International Narcotics Control Board. This accounted for 44.9% of the world total.

The nearest competitor is Canada, with 80.7 tonnes.

Some 2.1 tonnes was exported from the UK, making it responsible for 67.7% of the world total, followed by the Netherlands (16.4%).

A drug policy reform lobby group has criticised the UK government, saying they have "consistently refused to allow medical cannabis in the UK on the basis that it has 'no therapeutic value'".

Steve Rolles, Transform's senior policy analyst said: "UK patients are either denied access and suffering unnecessarily, or are forced to buy cannabis from the criminal market.”

More on link: https://news.sky.com/story/uk-is-worlds-largest-producer-of-legal-cannabis-11278131
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

UK is world's largest producer of legal cannabis Empty Re: UK is world's largest producer of legal cannabis

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 04, 2018 9:57 pm

Who would have guessed that? I have a plan for my next trip, edds.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

UK is world's largest producer of legal cannabis Empty Re: UK is world's largest producer of legal cannabis

Post by eddie Fri May 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Who would have guessed that? I have a plan for my next trip, edds.

Another one? Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 04, 2018 10:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Who would have guessed that? I have a plan for my next trip, edds.

Another one? Shocked

This one will work, I swear!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down