NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

+5
Ben Reilly
Cass
Original Quill
nicko
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer Empty Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Can't seem to C&P for some reason? If someone can grab the story for me please?

Anyway, after an apparent fracas with a TV producer, Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended until further notice.

300,000 people have signed an online petition to reinstate him

What do you think?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer Empty Re: Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:29 pm

That he is popular with the general public.
I think they like the fact he is up front if not controversial.
Me I think this is more about BBC ratings than anything else as lets face it, we all know they will reinstate him.

Back to top Go down

Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer Empty Re: Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:50 pm

eddie wrote:Can't seem to C&P for some reason? If someone can grab the story for me please?

Anyway, after an apparent fracas with a TV producer, Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended until further notice.

300,000 people have signed an online petition to reinstate him

What do you think?

I think he's a complete twat who is so far up himself he comes out of his own mouth. It seems he punched an assistant poducer because someone had forgotten to lay on food. I hope it's the end of the line for him, he's an arse.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:18 pm

My Wife is not fond of Clarkson, then again, she has no sense of humour.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Who is he? Is he important? What does he do and what has he been suspended from?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Sorry Quill I can't seem to C&P a damned thing on my ipad today so couldn't copy the link or the story!

He's the front man for a very popular TV show that runs not only here, but in about 200 countries?
It's called Top Gear

I was rather hoping someone would copy and paste the story for me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:38 pm

He's a stupid, childish, public school twat who presents a programme called Top Gear and thinks he can do what he likes and insult who he likes. Good riddance.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:45 pm

I don't mind him. I like people with a bit of an edge and I like people who annoy me sometimes.
It makes them colourful and interesting.

I like his humour and he and the other two presenters make for a great team on Top Gear.

He's a regular bloke. I like regular people.

I think that's why I like debate forums tbh: everyone is arrogant in opinion and passionate and says what they think.....not alwsys likeable but interesting.

I'd rather be liked by half the people and hated by half and be interesting than be liked by everyone and be a bore.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:52 pm

How is he a regular bloke? You think being rude and obnoxious makes him a regular bloke Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:02 pm

risingsun wrote:How is he a regular bloke?   You think being rude and obnoxious makes him a regular bloke Eddie?

Yes pretty much. You see him on TV and he's rude, (aometimes) perhaps that's part of his persona or perhaps he's an absolute angel and knits ear muffs for Eskimo orphans when he's not on TV??
Most people are grumpy and a bit obnoxious and a bit arrogant.

If they're not doing that in public then you can guarantee they're either:

Doing it in private anyway (sneaky)
Or
Absolutely boring with nothing much to say on anything

You think Id bother speaking to you if you were boring? We don't always get on but at least you're interesitng. You have solidly-held opinions, you're mouthy, you're stubborn and you are passionate....(do you knit earmuffs?)

But like Mr Clarkson lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:35 pm

Nope, Clarkson is a racist, a bigot and sexist and has the empathy of a peanut. I have a better opinion of regular blokes than that.

http://news.sky.com/story/1253913/top-gaffes-how-clarkson-fuelled-controversy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:49 pm

risingsun wrote:Nope, Clarkson is a racist, a bigot and sexist and has the empathy of a peanut.  I have a better opinion of regular blokes than that.  

Oh do stop,it sass! He's made a silly remark - doesn't make him a racist!!
How do you know if he's a racist???

That word is too bloody over-used. I called a skinny boy a Cambodian once. My teacher called me a racist and wrote a letter home to my mum.
Want to know what my mum said?

"I'd hardly call my daughter a racist. She's many things but a racist?? She's currently dating a black boy and my husband would rather she didn't...would you call her racist?"

Pack it in. He's a regular person sassy. Regular and ordinary and probably a lot less racist than some do-gooders who pretend they're not racist but secretly hoping a black family don't move in next door. They're the worst kind.
They're CLOSET racists and they're far more racist than Clarkson who said the word "n---er" in a rhyme
I used to say that when I was a kid. Big deal. It's a rhyme. Even the black kids used to say it.

I bet your one of those lefties that call children born to a black dad and white mum "mixed race" lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:57 pm

I think alot of Pakistanis smell horribly of curry - I mean the real stinky curry - and I wouldn't accept any soft furnishings from a house that smelled like that, becasue that smell never ever comes out.

Would you?

Becasue I said that, does that make me racist?

I also wouldn't accept it from an English household where they had fried food and chips and their house smelled like fat.

Would you?

Becasue I said that, does that make me rude?

Honest?
Rude?
Racist?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:04 pm

I don't like him. much prefer James and The Hamster Smile

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Cass wrote:I don't like him. much prefer James and The Hamster Smile

Fair enough if you sont like him
I just think it unfair to judge someone on a couple of things they say
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Clarkson for Prime Minister!, can't do any worse than what we've got can he? Wink
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:51 pm

The BBC is expected to scrap the remainder of the current Top Gear TV series after allegations that presenter Jeremy Clarkson punched a producer.

The broadcaster said Clarkson, 54, had been suspended after what it called a "fracas" and has confirmed Sunday's episode of Top Gear will not be shown.

It is understood the two final episodes in the series will also be dropped.

An online petition calling for the BBC to "reinstate" Clarkson has been signed by almost 250,000 people.

It was started on Tuesday afternoon by political blogger Guido Fawkes.

Clarkson has not issued a statement, but has been joking on Twitter about films that could replace Sunday's show.

The Sun newspaper, in which Clarkson writes a regular column, quotes him as saying: "I'm having a nice cold pint and waiting for this to blow over." It also quotes a "source close to the star" denying Clarkson punched anyone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828184
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Love him to bits, his blood wants bottling if only for pissing off the sanctimonious pc zealots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:19 pm

eddie wrote:

well it looks like he was on a final warning after last year. and this seems to be about him punching someone which isn't on under any circumstances.

he does make a habit of saying nasty things eds - it isn't a one off, and yes hes putting it out in the public on the taxpayers dime so yes he should judged on what he says and how he acts.

tell me why do you see this differently from the Amanda Holden picture fiasco?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:21 pm

eddie wrote:I think alot of Pakistanis smell horribly of curry - I mean the real stinky curry - and I wouldn't accept any soft furnishings from a house that smelled like that, becasue that smell never ever comes out.

Would you?

I also wouldn't accept it from an English household where they had fried food and chips and their house smelled like fat.

Would you?

Honest?
Rude?
Racist?
Your quite correct people tend to smell of what they eat the most
for example
i used to deliver takeaways one Chinese take away i worked for was ran my mr & mrs chan she always used to say when this subject came up i and the other drivers smelled like sour milk(the Chinese are not big milk drinkers)me especially(i do drink gallons of the stuff)

another example
Is when i go hill walking in the summer, i eat a lot of garlicky food as it keeps the midges away
you are what you eat

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:28 pm

eddie wrote:I think alot of Pakistanis smell horribly of curry - I mean the real stinky curry - and I wouldn't accept any soft furnishings from a house that smelled like that, becasue that smell never ever comes out.

Would you?

Would you?

What a Face  Yes my dear rude, inconsiderate and racist to.   Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer 1094176690 Sorry that had to be done.  Save our Clarkson! Petition to reinstate the TV star after 'fracas' with producer 2089010162

Has to be admitted clarksown has made me laugh, a few times but he has always oozed of self opinionated, over spoilt jerk to me. Liked may, but as he hangs out with the jerk off of all men, so I sometimes wonder about him as well.

Honest?
Rude?
Racist?
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:09 pm

korban dallas wrote:

Would you?

Would you?

Honest?
Rude?
Racist?
for example
i used to deliver takeaways one Chinese take away i worked for was ran my mr & mrs chan she always used to say when this subject came up i and the other drivers smelled like sour milk(the Chinese are not big milk drinkers)me especially(i do drink gallons of the stuff)

another example
Is when i go hill walking in the summer, i eat a lot of garlicky food as it keeps the midges away
you are what you eat  

LOL, went to a mexican restaurant and had baked garlic (a whole head) with melba toast and goats cheese. You spread the cheese on the toast and then speeze out the garlic cloves on top and spread them. We all have two whole heads of garlic. No-one would talk to us for a fortnight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:13 pm

eddie wrote:
risingsun wrote:Nope, Clarkson is a racist, a bigot and sexist and has the empathy of a peanut.  I have a better opinion of regular blokes than that.  

That word is too bloody over-used. I called a skinny boy a Cambodian once. My teacher called me a racist and wrote a letter home to my mum.

"I'd hardly call my daughter a racist. She's many things but a racist?? She's currently dating a black boy and my husband would rather she didn't...would you call her racist?"

Pack it in. He's a regular person sassy. Regular and ordinary and probably a lot less racist than some do-gooders who pretend they're not racist but secretly hoping a black family don't move in next door. They're the worst kind.
They're CLOSET racists and they're far more racist than Clarkson who said the word "n---er" in a rhyme
I used to say that when I was a kid. Big deal. It's a rhyme. Even the black kids used to say it.

I bet your one of those lefties that call children born to a black dad and white mum "mixed race" lol!

He's a jumped up twat who likes to insult people, in fact goes out of his way to do it, and I think calling someone a 'n---er' (did you read ALL of his gaffes) and going out of his way to deliberately upset a whole nation (Argentina) when they had welcomed him are the actions of a nasty piece of work. I think calling him a 'regular bloke' seriously insults 'regular blokes'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:38 pm

He speaks his mind, hence why people either like him or loath him.
The reality is many people want to watch him, whether others like it or not.
I do not see a mass signed petition that he reamins sacked, but one that has already gained 350,000 people sign in support of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:52 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:

well it looks like he was on a final warning after last year. and this seems to be about him punching someone which isn't on under any circumstances.

he does make a habit of saying nasty things eds - it isn't a one off, and yes hes putting it out in the public on the taxpayers dime so yes he should judged on what he says and how he acts.

tell me why do you see this differently from the Amanda Holden picture fiasco?

Not keen in him punching someone Cass lol but I am more in defence of him saying these "terrible" things!
Why shouldn't he be able to make a couple of jokes or blunders? He's human.

I prefer him to people who go out of their way to NOT offend.

Cass I am telling you, I grew up, and I mean I grew up, with black people.
I never held my to tongue if I had something to say - they hate that shit.

People sometimes go all out to prive they dint see colour when that just shows they doc

Know what? I dint know one black person who found his eeny-meeny n---er comment racist! Stupid perhaps, but not racist.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:54 pm

korban dallas wrote:

Would you?

Would you?

Honest?
Rude?
Racist?
for example

another example
you are what you eat  

Right. Exactly.

But you won't find anyone who's "left" on here EVER EVER say what I just said.
They would be scared to come across as racist. I am telling you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:57 pm

risingsun wrote:
eddie wrote:

He's a jumped up twat who likes to insult people, in fact goes out of his way to do it, and I think calling someone a 'n---er' (did you read ALL of his gaffes) and going out of his way to deliberately upset a whole nation (Argentina) when they had welcomed him are the actions of a nasty piece of work.   I think calling him a 'regular bloke' seriously insults 'regular blokes'.

Didn't he say a nursery rhyme and use the word n---er? The rhyme is eeny meant miney mo.....
I don't recall reading he actually went up to someone and called them a n---er.

In fact, I'm quite sure he didn't??

They banned singing Baa Baa black sheep in schools.
How do you feel about that?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Not wanting a stinky couch has nothing to do with race, right? Smile I wouldn't accept smelly furniture from a person of any color or background.

On the subject of Clarkson, I wish I had the type of life where I could punch my boss and have a quarter-million people sign a petition to let me keep my job ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:02 pm

eddie wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
for example

another example
you are what you eat  

Right. Exactly.

Eddie, depended on the food it can seep more so into the pores of the skin leaving higher levels of smell. Certain food tyypes do this, it does not mean the person smells more, just the food types they eat are more activelly odur wise within our body systems espcially our skins
Just because a cultural group of people eat a food, does not mean to others they smell, in fact to them that smell could well be appealling where it is not appealling to you. What you are saying is it right to say someone smells?
Someone may find the perfume you wear repulsive and think you are someone very smelly in their eyes for example. It is a conjective view point based on your own taste.
Is it inconsiderate and rude is more the point you are asking than any racist view point but you are certainly making a very poor sterotype to claim many do smelly,w hich I would beg to differ. These are how bad sterotypes are formed, you see some Jews have larger noses (even though you find the same in many ethnic groups) then the view sticks that Jews have large noses, it becomes a very racial view point. So I doubt you will find many people left or right making such a statement about groups of ethnic people because  for one it is a view that fails to factor in biology or the fact this is based on your own distastes.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:03 pm

Have you noticed they don't have blackboards in schools any more, they have "white boards. If blackboards are considered racist what the hell are whiteboards?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:03 pm

I rarely say this but I am going to say this right now, may sound arrogant but I dont care.

I grew up and lived with black people most of my young life up until the age of about 24.
I was part of a community.
I still see the children of some of the adults now, and they call me aunty or refer to me as an "elder"

One of them, Charlotte, moved right near me. I am like an auntie to HER kids as I've known her since she was a kid. She knows I know the ways and we have so many conversations about pretend "lefties" who go out of their way not to see her colour - she makes jokes about it. We laugh about it.

She even says "mixed bloody race?? We are half caste! Don't give it a new name because it makes you feel better!"
She and every black person knows a racist when they meet one.
And the ones that say stuff like Clarkson....they're not the racists.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:04 pm

My black neighbor grills out all the time and often smells like barbecue. Does saying that mean I can't be on the left anymore?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Not wanting a stinky couch has nothing to do with race, right? Smile I wouldn't accept smelly furniture from a person of any color or background.

On the subject of Clarkson, I wish I had the type of life where I could punch my boss and have a quarter-million people sign a petition to let me keep my job ...

Yep, kinda shows the stupidy of the British Public on occasions and their sycophantic knee bending to so called 'celebrities' no matter how obnoxious they are.

It took a petition for the disabled suffering from disability cuts four months to get to that figure. I find that fact utterly revolting.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
for example

another example
you are what you eat  

Right. Exactly.

Eddie, depended on the food it can seep more so into the pores of the skin leaving higher levels of smell. Certain food tyypes do this, it does not mean the person smells more, just the food types they eat are more activelly odur wise within our body systems espcially our skins
Just because a cultural group of people eat a food, does not mean to others they smell, in fact to them that smell could well be appealling where it is not appealling to you. What you are saying is it right to say someone smells?
Someone may find the perfume you wear repulsive and think you are someone very smelly in their eyes for example. It is a conjective view point based on your own taste.
Is it inconsiderate and rude is more the point you are asking than any racist view point but you are certainly making a very poor sterotype to claim many do smelly,w hich I would beg to differ. These are how bad sterotypes are formed, you see some Jews have larger noses (even though you find the same in many ethnic groups) then the view sticks that Jews have large noses, it becomes a very racial view point. So I doubt you will find many people left or right making such a statement about groups of ethnic people because  for one it is a view that fails to factor in biology or the fact this is based on your own distastes.

Some people smell and some don't. I made a point of mentioning fried food too.

Not elaborating on this point didge. I've made my point about it. It isn't racist to say Pakistanis eat food that make their smell not appeal to me.

I also dislike certain brands of aftershave. Same thing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:07 pm

He's like the biggest ranter down the pub, a big mouth and I resent every penny he may get from any licence fee money that I pay.

I hope they kick him out.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Lock him in a pub with Nigel Farage until they talk each other to death.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:08 pm

This is not what he may have said as usually is the problem but alleged violence in the work place

i like him ...i like him very much ,maybe its because i was brought up in the same area as him and i understand his humour
no he is not PC but the previous warnings he got where to my mind forced by the media

the n---er comment was one mumbled intelligibly and not broadcast anyway and was from one of the takes
i am 52 i was taught that rime with the use of "n---er" in it ,yes its bad now
but childhood rhymes are hard to forget ,the fact he mumbled it was indication to me he tried to avoid saying it while i suspect trying to thing of a alternative on the spot.
he failed did a retake with some thought
it was a totally bullshit complaint IMO that had to be dug up from out takes

slope
till all the who ha ha i had never even heard the term in the way it was described
I watched the program heard the comment ,did not even see the guy on the bridge and the bridge did slope to one side
i and i suspect most others did not even make the connection

Number plates

OFFS
what do people think he went out looking for number plates for that car ?
no he is the talent the last thing he would be involved in is the shooting logistics and permit applications for filming or making the cars legal to drive in what ever country they are in

I get it some people don't like him i have no problem with that, i dislike 99.9% of all soap opera stars but people look for an excuse to dump on him and blow up things out of all proportions

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Not wanting a stinky couch has nothing to do with race, right? Smile I wouldn't accept smelly furniture from a person of any color or background.

Exactly. But I mentioned the curry smell becasue whether people like it or admit it or not, Pakistani curry smells aren't nice and no one wants their furniture smelling of it.
I would guess that Pakistanis feel the same about roast dinners!

Disclaimer for the ones who need it: Rolling Eyes
I don't mean ALL, I mean most when I speak of people.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:11 pm

korban dallas wrote:This is not what he may have said as usually is the problem  but alleged violence in the work place

i like him ...i like him very much ,maybe its because i was brought up in the same area as him and i understand his humour
no he is not PC but the previous warnings he got where to my mind forced by the media

the n---er comment was one mumbled intelligibly and not broadcast anyway and was from one of the takes
i am 52 i was taught that rime with the use of "n---er" in it ,yes its bad now
but childhood rhymes are hard to forget ,the fact he mumbled it was indication to me he tried to avoid saying it while i suspect trying to thing of a alternative on the spot.
he failed did a retake with some thought
it was a totally bullshit complaint IMO that had to be dug up from out takes

slope
till all the who ha ha i had never even heard the term in the way it was described
I watched the program heard the comment ,did not even see the guy on the bridge and the bridge did slope to one side
i and i suspect most others did not even make the connection

Number plates

OFFS
what do people think he went out looking for number plates for that car ?
no he is the talent the last thing he would be involved in is the shooting logistics and permit applications for filming  or making the cars legal to drive in what ever country they are in

I get it some people don't like him i have no problem with that, i dislike 99.9% of all soap opera stars but people look for an excuse to dump on him and blow up things out of all proportions

Brilliant post and 100% agree.

Like you, I think things are blown up.

And yes, catcha. n---er by the toe was the rhyme.
My black friend sings it to her daughter. Yes she does.

PC has ruined this country.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:12 pm

risingsun wrote:Lock him in a pub with Nigel Farage until they talk each other to death.

Baa baa black sheep

Do you see the problem with that?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:12 pm

Eeny, meeny, miney, mo
Catch a tiger by the toe
If he hollers make him pay
Fifty dollars every day
My mother told me to pick the very best one and you are not it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:13 pm

eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Some people smell and some don't. I made a point of mentioning fried food too.

Not elaborating on this point didge. I've made my point about it. It isn't racist to say Pakistanis eat food that make their smell not appeal to me.

I also dislike certain brands of aftershave. Same thing.

Again Eddie it is based on your taste of likes and dislikes, where the smell of curry may be an attractive smell to some people where they are not viewed as smelly. This is just your perception, which because a cultural group of people regularly eat these types of foods has created in your own mind this concept of them. You do realise some people even like the smell of shit? We produce many natural body odours Eddie and we become accustomed to smells we like or dislike. For one your view to only say Pakistani's, when many other ethnic groups eat curries like Indians, Bangladeshi's etc shows you are forming to me a very selective sterotype.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Yes Didge. some people like shit most dont.

This isn't going anywhere.

No one but ben has actually been honest enough to admit they wouldn't take soft furnishings that stank of a certain smell, ie curry or fried food or even smoke

I'm not actually debating this point anymore as its veering off the subject I wish to debate.
I merely brought it up,as I knew no one would answer it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:25 pm

I remember when I first worked for Royal London in Colchester, there was a white lady who was married to an Indian man, and three or four times a week she would cook him the food he liked. Consequently, when she came to work the next day she would smell of the food. People made her life a misery, saying she 'stank'. What they never got was the fact their perfumes would make my eyes stream.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:27 pm

eddie wrote:Yes Didge. some people like shit most dont.

No one but ben has actually been honest enough to admit they wouldn't take soft furnishings that stank of a certain smell, ie curry or fried food or even smoke

I'm not actually debating this point anymore as its veering off the subject I wish to debate.
\i wouldn't take soft furnishings that stank of a certain smell ether ....i am with Sheldon cooper on this

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:27 pm

In the words of someone on the net who saved me the bother... " I'm happy that people that like a racist bully who has punched a coworker among other things, get to suffer when their hero's crappy show gets cancelled."  A person speaking from my heart. Wink
Plus.. Allowed hunts through his grounds and has taken refreshments with the blood thirsty killers. Which includes a few of the intrusive media hounds. Personally I am sick to death of his pompous attitude and his never ending gobshite that never seems to cease let alone change. He sort of reminds me of the British government.  silent

Last edited by captainJane on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:28 pm

eddie wrote:Yes Didge. some people like shit most dont.

Eddie I understand your point, which to me I am countering back that it is a view based on conjecture, your own personal tates, which you then think many people share the exact same taste with you. Does not work like that really, as we all form our own personal tastes.
Its all down to personal preference but the main fact is many "Asian" people who regularly eat curries will tend to retain these smells due to certain spices getting into the pours of their skins.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:30 pm

risingsun wrote:I remember when I first worked for Royal London in Colchester, there was a white lady who was married to an Indian man, and three or four times a week she would cook him the food he liked.  Consequently, when she came to work the next day she would smell of the food.  People made her life a misery, saying she 'stank'.  What they never got was the fact their perfumes would make my eyes stream.  

Yes sassy. We get it. Say no more.
You,don't have to overstate, no one thinks you're racist lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:31 pm

your nose goes blind after a while to most smells, that`s why teenagers rooms tend to be a bit ........teenagery
its not that you like the smells its just they don`t bother you ..........the brains a powerful thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next