NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments

+2
eddie
Lone Wolf
6 posters

Go down

Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments Empty Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:12 am

A Ukip councillor who made "jaw-dropping" remarks about "negroid features" has insisted she is not racist and did not regret making the comments.
Rozanne Duncan, who was a prominent member of Ukip in the Thanet South seat where Nigel Farage is running for Parliament, was filmed by the BBC saying she disliked "negroid features".
The same documentary also featured the local Ukip chairman Martyn Heale attempting to draw a line under his past membership of the far-right National Front, by saying: "I was never a member of the Gestapo".
Ukip expelled Duncan in December as soon as the party hierarchy became aware of the remarks, but the comments that led to the decision are revealed in full for the first time in the fly-on-the-wall documentary Meet the Ukippers.
She was filmed telling local Ukip press officer Liz Langton Way: "I have to watch my tongue because I can be very outspoken and it goes against the grain to be careful what I'm saying."
She said there was "absolutely no way I'm a racist" but added: "The only people I do have problems with are negroes. And I don't know why.
"I don't know whether there is something in my psyche or whether it's karma from a previous life or whether something happened to me as a very, very young person and I've drawn a veil over it - because that sometimes happens, doesn't it?
"But I really do have a problem with people with negroid features."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/22/rozanne-duncan-meet-the-ukippers-_n_6729478.html?1424594178&utm_hp_ref=uk

Beggars belief.

Back to top Go down

Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments Empty Re: Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:41 pm

beggars belief..or astounding honesty??

i really dont know.....

however, are we now to silence people from being open and truthful, she even admits she doesnt know why....

what would you rather....people LIE ?
pretend?

perhaps a bit like the advice to Muslims to "pretend to be a friend to the unbeliever"

this is NOT "racism" (and she has a RIGHT to an opinion...and by inference a right to it even if its not "popular")

I dont like many attributes....there is a certain truculent expression worn by some of our "feral youth" that I could glady see wiped off their mush....
there is a certain speciese of human that wears "hoodies" that I dislike intensely

christ i dont even like what I characterise as "townies" (as opposed to folk who merely "live in towns")

you do realise dont you didge...there is no law....man made natural or divine that says you HAVE to like everyone and anyone.......

Back to top Go down

Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments Empty Re: Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:55 pm

Astoundingly honest?
That you have a feeling within you that a group of humans biologically no different to you is some way something to fear based on no scientific evidence?
That is nothing short of racism, because we are all one biological race. She is claiming that nothing short of Black features like skin tone and features makes a human being of lesser worth as if they are a danger based on nothing more than a stereotype she has formed as others wrongly do that we differ mentally based along unscientific views that the colour of your skin makes you uniquely different as a group of humans.

Your reasoning is nonsense Victor and is based around fear, distrust and what you wish to make normal, discrimination.
Sorry but that concept where it is nothing short of based upon prejudice has no sound reasoning. Yo become one with what you most fear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:02 pm

So hoodies, not something that is human, but a concept and dress of clothing you do not like and you equate that to differences in humans biologically?
Seriously, are you having a bubble bath?
AS that has no comparability.

That is a concept of taste to what a set amount of people like, which is far removed from humans being pathologically different morally and ethically to how they act based on their diversity of looks being different.

In this aspect Victor you are poorly excusing the worst form of discrimination, one, that does not hold any rationality to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Third point.
No law that you do not have to like people?

No there is no law Victor, why?

What you have to answer is why you need to feel a dislike to a group of people if how we live our lives are not ingrained from birth but taught? If we are taught, then who is to blame? Can people change, when badly taught?
Yes, but you hold a very unscientific view that being born human and that your features look different makes you in some way as a made up conception of race, making you so different from others.

That is sheer nonsense.
Such a view is formed from fear and a lack of understanding of humans. You are not born to hate, you only learn how to hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:42 pm

Brasidas wrote:Third point.
No law that you do not have to like people?

No there is no law Victor, why?

What you have to answer is why you need to feel a dislike to a group of people if how we live our lives are not ingrained from birth but taught? If we are taught, then who is to blame? Can people change, when badly taught?
Yes, but you hold a very unscientific view that being born human and that your features look different makes you in some way as a made up conception of race, making you so different from others.

That is sheer nonsense.
Such a view is formed from fear and a lack of understanding of humans. You are not born to hate, you only learn how to hate.

the point is She ADMITS she doesnt now why......

and as said there is no rule to say you HAVE to like someone
indeed it goes further there is no law to say that you cannot DISLIKE someone (whether logical or not_

the point being ITS NOT racism...

racism is hateing someone to the point of inciting others....or refusing that which you would allow to others....or requiring things which you would NOT require of others....

now i honestly dont know (nor do you) whether or not this woman would allow her (by her own admission) illogical view to influence her in any of those matters OR if she could be professional enough to ride above them...people can you know...

I also dont like certain so called caucasian features...as sported by some individuals
I dont like certain fetures in most "races"; some speak of a coarse brutality

now again I realise that some people sharing these particular features may NOT be particularly brutal and are perhaps unlucky, having fell out of the "ugly tree"

but I can anoly assume that such dislike is due to "life experience"

I mean to take a slant....

you only need to look at photos of hitler to KNOW he was trouble

Idi Amin

Pol POT

and a host of others

there is something about some people....

NOW ...what we dont know...(and frankly I would like to) is what drives this womans dislike..... as She says there must be a reason.....

I dont like certain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:45 pm

and yes...I do think its "astoundingly honest" for someone to say this....

especially in todays climate where PC loons (like your good self) demand mindless obediance to a set of rules that aint EVER going to work by enforcement  or "hating the hater more than the hater hates" or to be quite frank old and jaded whinges of "wacist"

There IS a better way........

Last edited by darknessss on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:46 pm

So you are proclaiming a feeling is a sound reason to distrust a whole group of people based on looks of features of skin colour?

Lets start with that Babble first shall we, explain that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:47 pm

darknessss wrote:and yes...I do think its "astoundingly honest" for someone to say this....

especially in todays climate where PC loons (like your good self) demand mindless obediance to a set of rules that aint EVER going to work by enforcement  or "hating the hater more than the hater hates" or to be quite frank old and jaded whinges of "wacist"

There IS a better way........

The worst deflection argument yet mate.
Seriously, stay on topic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:50 pm

Oh by the way Victor Racism is not hate but fear which leads to hate, What she said has no science to it, yet yo wish to make us different, why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Anyway good night Victor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:04 pm

Brasidas wrote:So you are proclaiming a feeling is a sound reason to distrust a whole group of people based on looks of features of skin colour?

Lets start with that Babble first shall we, explain that?

since we generally live our lives controlled by "feelings/insticts" (most of which (but not all ,granted)are accurate) I would suggest it could be a valid reason...
since many of these "feelings" are modified by experience....

hell for all you Or I know some poor unsuspecting coloured guy could have scared the hell out of her unintentionally when she was very very young

or she could have seen a TV program when she was very very young that fixed an impression in her...YOU DONT KNOW

instance...

whilst not in any sense "scared" of them...I detest moths

the ONLY reasoning behind it (since i can find NO other ) is that I got (sneakily) to see a film called "blood beast terror" when I was but a nipper.....

I'm NOT "defending her ideas by any means

what I am defending is

a) her right to hold that opinion

B) her right to communicate that opinion, even if it doesnt coincide with the established opinion

c) her outright honesty in admitting she herself doesnt understand why (and by implication therefore her acceptance that it is illogical)

and in general a dislike of the "anti racist NKDV" whos instant reaction is a "brain dead jump on the bandwaggon make a lot of noise ooooh get you look how good we are " shit fest....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Brasidas wrote:Oh by the way Victor Racism is not hate but fear which leads to hate, What she said has no science to it, yet yo wish to make us different, why?

of course there is "science (if you can call psychology "science"...which I dont ... a convenient mumbo jumbo more like) behind it

people are NOT programmed robots FGS...they act illogically....some more than others.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Utter bollocks.
Try science, you have no reason and you know it Victor yo are inventing bullshit.

Try again as yo are excusing hate for no reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:07 pm

Bullshit number two, you think because hate exists is a reason to hate?
Try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Brasidas wrote:Utter bollocks.
Try science, you have no reason and you know it Victor yo are inventing bullshit.

bollocks...you CANT apply the tenets of science to human behaviour....at the level of the individual.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:09 pm

Brasidas wrote:Bullshit number two, you think because hate exists is a reason to hate?
Try again

More bollocks ...you are off on one again...I DID not ...anywhere say that...stop trying to twist the argument into YOUR terms.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Oh and she said she dislikes....not hates

and she said...."features" ...not of necessity the person (now THATS convoluted)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Well at least this is more interesting than Korben's tantrums.
Give me your best Victor.
See you tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:11 pm

darknessss wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Utter bollocks.

bollocks...you CANT apply the tenets of science to human behaviour....at the level of the individual.....

Of course I can that is why your view does not work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:12 pm

darknessss wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Bullshit number two, you think because hate exists is a reason to hate?
Try again

More bollocks ...you are off on one again...I DID not ...anywhere say that...stop trying to twist the argument into YOUR terms.....

You know you are talking bollocks, we are one hmane race, so yo are mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Really have to go Victor, there is no argument you can use here.

Take care bro, see yo tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Brasidas wrote:
darknessss wrote:

Of course I can that is why your view does not work

well maybe YOU can.....

the rest of the world disagrees....... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:20 pm

Brasidas wrote:
darknessss wrote:

sigh ...have i said different...oh and by THAT argument YOU have no argument ...since her "disliking negroid" features is therefore NO differnt to me disliking certain "faces" of whatever "group" you wish to use...erm it may have escaped your notice old bean but humans are NOT homogenous as far as "visual features" are concerned....

and what floats or sinks someones boat kinda varies

try specsavers...i'm sure they can find you something ...... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:40 pm

Firstly, I know people who say they could never ever date a chinese person for instance, because they don't like their features. Does that make them racist?
I don't think so.

Is this woman racist? Hard to say but I think her reasoning is stupid. Why say she has a dislike for negroid features? That's just lumping everyone in together and whilst it may well not be racist, it's certainly a bloody stupid thing to say and a stupid and ignorant way to live!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:49 pm

You can think what you like, but if it might upset others keep your mouth shut. We haven't got thought police yet, have we?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:13 am

darknessss wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

sigh ...have i said different...oh and by THAT argument YOU have no argument ...since her "disliking negroid" features is therefore NO differnt to me disliking certain "faces" of whatever "group" you wish to use...erm it may have escaped your notice old bean but humans are NOT homogenous as far as "visual features" are concerned....

and what floats or sinks someones boat kinda varies

try specsavers...i'm sure they can find you something ...... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Sorry but that has to be the biggest load of bollocks you have come outwith to date Victor.

She said:

"I don't know whether there is something in my psyche or whether it's karma from a previous life or whether something happened to me as a very, very young person and I've drawn a veil over it - because that sometimes happens, doesn't it?
"But I really do have a problem with people with negroid features."

A problem based on no sound evidence, but a clear dislike.
I mean what next you have a real problem with people who are handicapped, disfigured etc? You really want to go down this road where that would be nothing short of seeing the world through a veil of perfection?
What she is doing is trying find an excuse to make disliking a group of people acceptable based off no other reason than racism. Now you clearly want to excuse her racism in the weird would of Victor, but her comments are deplorable and based upon ignorance

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:30 am

so she is saying her racism is some sort of phobia?
Possible but no excuse to be Racist, get it treated since it is impacting her capacity to be a acceptable member of society.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:43 am

eddie wrote:Firstly, I know people who say they could never ever date a chinese person for instance, because they don't like their features. Does that make them racist?
I don't think so.

Is this woman racist? Hard to say but I think her reasoning is stupid. Why say she has a dislike for negroid features? That's just lumping everyone in together and whilst it may well not be racist, it's certainly a bloody stupid thing to say and a stupid and ignorant way to live!

How are you turning something about having a problem with a group of people to who you might or might not be attracted too? You cannot control who you are attracted too, nobody can. This is about the fact she has no sound reason for disliking/problem with a group of people. Or are you claiming not being attracted to someone is a valid reason to dislike them?

Stay on topic please Eddie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:51 am

Phobia or not, how stupid is she to have opened up the subject??? Who would know if she didn't feel compelled to open her big mouth?

I think anytime you identify a race, and use the words 'don't like' I believe that qualifies as racism by definition (of the term 'don't like'). If she reacts negatively to negroid features, that is probably her upbringing. Is her dad a racist?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:02 am

It seems to me that nobody actually knows precisely what she intended to convey. Does she think black people are ugly, does she dislike people who have black features -- whatever those might be, I guess it's darker skin and then a bunch of B.S. unless you think these people look anything alike:

Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments 600x400

Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments Lawrence-gilliard

Does she dislike their looks or them as people? And finally, does she not know enough not to use a term like "negroid," or she just not care enough?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:15 am

The whole programme was hilarious. From the man who said he had been a Nazi, but why didn't people 'let it go' to this woman who tried to imply that she might not like 'negroes' because of something that had happened to her when she was younger and she had blocked out (ie emplying that one of them must of done something nasty to her, she just couldn't remember it!)

They were like throwbacks. Lot of people asking if it was a wind up and a comedy programme!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It seems to me that nobody actually knows precisely what she intended to convey. Does she think black people are ugly, does she dislike people who have black features -- whatever those might be, I guess it's darker skin and then a bunch of B.S. unless you think these people look anything alike:

Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments 600x400

Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments Lawrence-gilliard

Does she dislike their looks or them as people? And finally, does she not know enough not to use a term like "negroid," or she just not care enough?

actually it is fair... it is specificity the blacks from Africa.. but it is more correct to identify the specific region or tribe you are talking about or just say African America if they are from the US..

Pacific Islanders, Aboriginals, Sri Lankans can be quite dark but they have different bone structure in their face. they consider and call themselves 'black'
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:57 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:Firstly, I know people who say they could never ever date a chinese person for instance, because they don't like their features. Does that make them racist?
I don't think so.

How are you turning something about having a problem with a group of people to who you might or might not be attracted too? You cannot control who you are attracted too, nobody can. This is about the fact she has no sound reason for disliking/problem with a group of people. Or are you claiming not being attracted to someone is a valid reason to dislike them?

How about you stay on topic didge? You often go off at a tangent.
Fuck off and don't tell me how to post you cheeky twat.

Anyone here like raw onions and care to discuss why? cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Hilarious do you not understand what attraction is dummy?
You are trying to excuse someone who is blatantly racist because we all know you support UKIP Eddie even if you badly try to hide it.
So no I will not fuck off, you need to understand hat you wrote was very stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:05 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

You are trying to excuse someone who is blatantly racist because we all know you support UKIP Eddie even if you badly try to hide it.

Oh dear. Is there no one around for you to argue with tonight?

I don't support UKIP but I don't care if you think I do.
Get over it.

Cheerio duckie Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments 1716015268
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Oh dear. Is there no one around  for you to argue with tonight?

I don't support UKIP but I don't care if you think I do.
Get over it.

Cheerio duckie Ex-Ukip Councillor Rozanne Duncan Insists She's Not Racist Despite 'Jaw-Dropping' Comments 1716015268

Always plenty to argue with love, goes ith the territory.
Laters love maybe learn what attraction is before posting such utter ignorance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down