NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School

+4
Irn Bru
Tommy Monk
Spindleshanks
eddie
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School - Page 3 Empty "Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:29 am

First topic message reminder :

7th June 2014

No, the black London school is not deemed too black, you dummies!

A small rural primary school has organised a sleepover to London – so the children get a chance to see people who are not white.

Payhembury Primary in Devon was criticised by Ofsted for being insufficiently ‘multicultural’.

So the 68-pupil Church of England school is asking parents to pay for their children to make a two-day trip to a school with a wide mix of ethnic backgrounds.

The visit – described by one parent as patronising and bizarre – has been sold to parents as a way of boosting Payhembury’s Ofsted grade from good to the top rating of outstanding.

The school they are visiting, Smallberry Green in Isleworth, West London – where three-quarters of the 410 pupils are from ethnic minorities – achieved the same good Ofsted rating.

Explaining the motivation for the trip, Payhembury headteacher Penny Hammett told parents in a letter: ‘The purpose of this trip is to build up a relationship with a school in a very different community to ours.

'This will enable our children to gain a better understanding of multicultural Britain, which was identified in our last Ofsted as being an area for development.

‘Through our topics, visitors and discussions we have been developing multicultural awareness in both Britain and throughout the world, but this visit will help us to experience in real life a school where there is a wide mix of children with different ethnic backgrounds and almost 50 per cent of the children do not have English as their first language.’

The letter also explains that four teachers will accompany the children on the two-day trip, which will involve pupils sleeping in the Isleworth school and using its catering facilities, for an estimated cost of £35.

While in London, the Devon children will engage in outdoor activities and record a CD.

Pupils from the school have written to their new pen-pals in London, some of whom will take part in a return visit to the school, near Honiton.

Mrs Hammett’s letter invites parents to a meeting to discuss the trip. But yesterday one mother said: ‘I’m astounded by this idea. Just because the children go to a small school in the country does not mean they aren’t aware of people with different coloured skin to them.

'It’s very patronising – and for the school they are visiting too.'

Mrs Hammett said the trip, in which 29 pupils are taking part, was about providing an enriching experience for the children at both schools.

‘Devon is very quaint but our children don’t get to see the big wide world,’ she said.

At Ofsted’s last visit in 2010, inspectors praised Payhembury as a ‘happy place’ but pointed out all the pupils were of ‘white British heritage’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2651108/Rural-school-deemed-white-Ofsted-visits-London-mix-ethnic-pupils.html#ixzz33wLs5vYq

Back to top Go down

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School - Page 3 Empty Re: "Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:48 am

smelly_bandit wrote:Are they going there to learn from the ethnics how to carry knives and stab each other??

Christ, you're just a scared little girl, aren't you? You're just a scared little girl with her hair in pigtails riding a tricycle.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School - Page 3 Empty Re: "Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:38 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Didge wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

I don't recall you calling the person who wished death on me vile...

you really are the biggest hypocrite and bigot on the whole forum... Smile 

Funny you must need going to spec savers as I stated it was a vile thing to say and wrong, but Veya is not vile, just angry at your stupidity that you would poorly give such bad information which could cost peoples lives. To him and me and many others, you were wishing death onto people with your vile advice.

You never will graps that though

laters dummy

hahaha it seems all gays are hypocrites and you are the worse sort... Smile Smile 

@Didge,
You dot have to defend me... I AM AN ASSHOLE Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  as far as trash like HF is concerned I fine with being an Asshole, he deserves nothing less.

@HF
Get over it Soft cock, You'd be gay but you're not a MAN to fucking begin with! whinny little bitch
Think you can troll the internet with hate and Idiocy and not cope it back? I wished you cancer for Lying to Cancer patients about False treatments. Now I hope you die for your Cowardice and well as your evil hate filled heart and Idiocy  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue 
 ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: 
You can learn the lesson in your NEXT life, since you don't seem to be learning much in this one ::roglol::  ::roglol::  ::roglol::  ::roglol::  ::roglol::  ::roglol::  ::roglol:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:26 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:Really sassy...so those who cant afford to go ice skating get labeled racist now as well???

of course THATS just silly....

BUT  I do seem to remember a certain school which threatened EXACTLY this on kids whos parents might not let them go on a vist to some "multicultural" jape....

Setting aside the separate discussion on the costs Victor, do you agree that the exchange visits will be beneficial to both sets of children?

duno irn...

I'm sure BOTH sets will say how great and beneficial and multiculturalising the visit was, but as to benefit ::dunno::

I'm sure that the "over white" children of the village mentioned will THOUROUGHLY enjoy visiting an inner city  
whilst the kids from the other school will no doubt derive great envy when visiting "civilisation"

There appears to be nothing uncivilized about the children, the teachers or the parents at the London school.

I'm sure both groups will benefit greatly from the experience. Why wouldn't they?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 am

Irn Bru wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

duno irn...

I'm sure BOTH sets will say how great and beneficial and multiculturalising the visit was, but as to benefit ::dunno::

I'm sure that the "over white" children of the village mentioned will THOUROUGHLY enjoy visiting an inner city  
whilst the kids from the other school will no doubt derive great envy when visiting "civilisation"

There appears to be nothing uncivilized about the children, the teachers or the parents at the London school.

I'm sure both groups will benefit greatly from the experience. Why wouldn't they?

Another person's opinion on this, he puts it very nicely:

What bothers me about all this is the language being used and the element of compulsion — as well as the frankly sinister revelation that a school can be marked down by Ofsted not because of the standard of education it provides but because there are too few black and brown faces in the playground.

Why should a school be penalised because its pupils are from a ‘white British heritage’ background?

It all smacks of Labour’s deliberate policy of opening the immigration floodgates to ‘rub the Right’s noses in diversity’. And although the trip is voluntary, you know perfectly well that any parent who protests and refuses to cough up £35 will be categorised as a knuckle-scraping Neanderthal.

In some schools in London, the roll call is similarly mono-cultural, but 100 per cent Muslim rather than exclusively C of E. Are devout Islamic parents in Tower Hamlets going to be told they must fork out £35 for their children to be sent on a sleep-over in Devon so they can meet people of a ‘white British heritage’ and learn all about the Anglican faith?

If country folk wish to visit the inner city, they are free to do so — and vice versa. But the State is obsessed with ‘celebrating diversity’, our new officially-enforced religion.

We are quite capable of celebrating anything we like, thanks very much, without Government intervention.

Millions of pounds are frittered away each year nagging, cajoling and compelling us to embrace different cultures. Great effort goes into persuading people from an immigrant background to make more use of the British countryside.

For instance, a few years ago the Environment Agency announced that fishing was horribly white, male and middle-aged. It decided to splash out £100,000 to attract more women and ethnic minorities to the riverbank.

To demonstrate the Government’s commitment, a pilot scheme was launched in Swansea, which involved taking Muslim women and children to a lake and teaching them to fish for trout.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Good article and shows the madness that has infected our govt and organisations.

This bullshit has to stop.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Bumped for Tess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3