NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White boy (5) asks for same haircut as black friend 'to confuse his pre-school teacher'

+2
nicko
eddie
6 posters

Go down

White boy (5) asks for same haircut as black friend 'to confuse his pre-school teacher' Empty White boy (5) asks for same haircut as black friend 'to confuse his pre-school teacher'

Post by eddie Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:43 am

A five-year-old boy from Kentucky asked his mum if he could get a haircut, so he could look like his friend and confuse his teacher.

Jax Rosebush (5) asked his mum Lydia for the haircut so he could look like his friend Reddy Weldon (5).

"This morning Jax and I were discussing his wild hair. I told him that he needed a haircut this weekend. He said that he wanted his head shaved really short so he could look like his friend Reddy.

"He said he couldn't wait to go to school on Monday with his hair like Reddy's so that his teacher wouldn't be able to tell them apart. He thought it would be so hilarious to confuse his teacher with the same haircut," mum Lydia posted on Facebook.

"Here's a picture of Jax and Reddy from their Christmas program. I'm sure you all see the resemblance.

"If this isn't proof that hate and prejudice is something that is taught I don't know what is. The only difference Jax sees in the two of them is their hair," Lydia added.

The sweet story has since gone viral.

Reddy's father Kevin Weldon, told WAVE-TV that he adopted Reddy and his brother, who were born in Africa.

"It's really cool to see that move on from our family right into his relationships with his friends," Kevin Weldon, Reddy's father, said.

"There's an innocence children have that sometimes we lose. If we could get some of that back, I think it would be amazing.

"My sons do not look like me... but we are family all the same," Mr Weldon said.

"We share the same last name, love each other with all we have, and are a forever family. One day when I am gone, they will inherit all that I have and carry on our family name."

White boy (5) asks for same haircut as black friend 'to confuse his pre-school teacher' Img_6128

I absolutely love this story.  Through the eyes and minds of children....how the world would be wonderful.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

White boy (5) asks for same haircut as black friend 'to confuse his pre-school teacher' Empty Re: White boy (5) asks for same haircut as black friend 'to confuse his pre-school teacher'

Post by nicko Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:05 am

What a great picture, two smart looking lad's.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

White boy (5) asks for same haircut as black friend 'to confuse his pre-school teacher' Empty Re: White boy (5) asks for same haircut as black friend 'to confuse his pre-school teacher'

Post by eddie Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:12 am

nicko wrote:What a great picture,  two smart looking lad's.

Aren't they? Made me smile, Nicko.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Wonderful story, too.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:33 pm

It is a wonderful story, and it proves, if any proof were needed that racism is taught not inherent.

Obviously when we mature we see the differences, but am I the only one who doesn't really see a black person as black or a white person as white....if asked to describe someone I would probably describe their hair or what they were wearing...the colour would certainly not be the first thing that sprang to mind.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Syl wrote:It is a wonderful story, and it proves, if any proof were needed that racism is taught not inherent.

Obviously when we mature we see the differences, but am I the only one who doesn't really see a black person as black or a white person as white....if asked to describe someone I would probably describe their hair or what they were wearing...the colour would certainly not be the first thing that sprang to mind.

Or to complete the point, skin color would simply be another descriptive trait, having no other meaning than to identify the person. At least that's my view.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:It is a wonderful story, and it proves, if any proof were needed that racism is taught not inherent.

Or to complete the point, skin color would simply be another descriptive trait, having no other meaning than to identify the person.  At least that's my view.

Yes it would Quill, we agree....and I dont think it would be the first thing most people would think of when describing someone.
Height, hair colour or style, fat or thin....they are what I usually think of when someone asks me who I mean.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:01 pm

My friend from church was in a car crash just before Christmas and ended up in a wheelchair for a while as she had a broken sternum and broken foot so was unable walk , she sent me a picture of her in hospital with two beautiful children sat on her knee, one was her granddaughter with pale skin and white hair the other the pastors little boy black with beautiful brown eyes and hair , I said what a beautiful picture , she replied yes one is very fair one is very dark a beautiful representation of how beautiful we all are . I just love that picture .

This story reminded me of my friends picture which i thought was stunning .

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:05 am

Sounds like a load of Facebook waffle to me...

They haven't even got the same haircuts!!!

One has short all over, and other has longer on top and pushed up into a little middle mohawk thing!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Sounds like a load of Facebook waffle to me...

They haven't even got the same haircuts!!!

One has short all over, and other has longer on top and pushed up into a little middle mohawk thing!

Yeah, the story actually says that the photo is not after the kid with the faux-hawk got his haircut, but from the Christmas program Razz
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:25 am

It also says the kid has 'wild hair and needs a haircut'... but I don't see that either...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It also says the kid has 'wild hair and needs a haircut'... but I don't see that either...

You know, instead of coming here, you could've built a bonfire and pissed on it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Maybe the photo was taken before/after/ the mum told the story.
Maybe she realised her sons hair wouldn't go the same way as his friends hair (different textures) so they compromised....maybe its a lovely true story that doesn't need dissecting.
Its obvious the two little boys love each other and see themselves as kindred souls.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:47 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:It also says the kid has 'wild hair and needs a haircut'... but I don't see that either...

You know, instead of coming here, you could've built a bonfire and pissed on it.

Tommy doesn't do well in those matches. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down