NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School

+4
Irn Bru
Tommy Monk
Spindleshanks
eddie
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School Empty "Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:29 am

7th June 2014

No, the black London school is not deemed too black, you dummies!

A small rural primary school has organised a sleepover to London – so the children get a chance to see people who are not white.

Payhembury Primary in Devon was criticised by Ofsted for being insufficiently ‘multicultural’.

So the 68-pupil Church of England school is asking parents to pay for their children to make a two-day trip to a school with a wide mix of ethnic backgrounds.

The visit – described by one parent as patronising and bizarre – has been sold to parents as a way of boosting Payhembury’s Ofsted grade from good to the top rating of outstanding.

The school they are visiting, Smallberry Green in Isleworth, West London – where three-quarters of the 410 pupils are from ethnic minorities – achieved the same good Ofsted rating.

Explaining the motivation for the trip, Payhembury headteacher Penny Hammett told parents in a letter: ‘The purpose of this trip is to build up a relationship with a school in a very different community to ours.

'This will enable our children to gain a better understanding of multicultural Britain, which was identified in our last Ofsted as being an area for development.

‘Through our topics, visitors and discussions we have been developing multicultural awareness in both Britain and throughout the world, but this visit will help us to experience in real life a school where there is a wide mix of children with different ethnic backgrounds and almost 50 per cent of the children do not have English as their first language.’

The letter also explains that four teachers will accompany the children on the two-day trip, which will involve pupils sleeping in the Isleworth school and using its catering facilities, for an estimated cost of £35.

While in London, the Devon children will engage in outdoor activities and record a CD.

Pupils from the school have written to their new pen-pals in London, some of whom will take part in a return visit to the school, near Honiton.

Mrs Hammett’s letter invites parents to a meeting to discuss the trip. But yesterday one mother said: ‘I’m astounded by this idea. Just because the children go to a small school in the country does not mean they aren’t aware of people with different coloured skin to them.

'It’s very patronising – and for the school they are visiting too.'

Mrs Hammett said the trip, in which 29 pupils are taking part, was about providing an enriching experience for the children at both schools.

‘Devon is very quaint but our children don’t get to see the big wide world,’ she said.

At Ofsted’s last visit in 2010, inspectors praised Payhembury as a ‘happy place’ but pointed out all the pupils were of ‘white British heritage’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2651108/Rural-school-deemed-white-Ofsted-visits-London-mix-ethnic-pupils.html#ixzz33wLs5vYq

Back to top Go down

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School Empty Re: "Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:34 am

oh my the only way a school can achieve a better rating is by agreeing with multiculturalism, if that isn't enforced brainwashing I don't know what is...

isn't it good enough that they are just educating the children to a great standard...

Back to top Go down

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School Empty Re: "Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:35 am

Correct father.

Remember:

"own the children, own the future"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 am

BigAndy9 wrote:Correct father.

Remember:

"own the children, own the future"

that's why islam's latest trick is to target birmingham schools .. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:27 am

Look this works two ways really:

As a parent you can say no, piss off and not allow your child to go.

Or

You can say "what a good experience to go to visit children in London and record a CD etcetc"

The thing is, each school has to hit certain targets and this isn't about trying to get these little Devon Beauties to become "Innit Bruv" black children, it's getting them to experience an inner city school and exchange views and experiences with people they wouldn't normally communicate with.

Perhaps the children that have decided to go will love it! Perhaps they will come home much richer for the experience. Perhaps they will say "Wow! Did you know that Christine goes to Barbados every summer becashe her grandparents live there! How lucky is she? We are going to be penpals and when she next goes to Barbados she's going to send me a postcard!"

I dint think this is the dark and forbidden thing you think it is Andy. It's an exchange programme, much like when students go over to France or my son goes to Brussels in November this year - to see other cultures etc but this is cheaper and on the doorstep - perfect for younger children.

The parents can always say no, can't they?

And Ofsted have to include these things.
If there were no disabled children in that school they would suggest a trip to a disabled facility.
It's called emotional education. It's good for children.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:34 am

eddie wrote:Look this works two ways really:

Or

You can say "what a good experience to go to visit children in London and record a CD etcetc"

The thing is, each school has to hit certain targets and this isn't about trying to get these little Devon Beauties to become "Innit Bruv" black children, it's getting them to experience an inner city school and exchange views and experiences with people they wouldn't normally communicate with.

Perhaps the children that have decided to go will love it! Perhaps they will come home much richer for the experience. Perhaps they will say "Wow! Did you know that Christine goes to Barbados every summer becashe her grandparents live there! How lucky is she? We are going to be penpals and when she next goes to Barbados she's going to send me a postcard!"

I dint think this is the dark and forbidden thing you think it is Andy. It's an exchange programme, much like when students go over to France  or my son goes to Brussels in November this year - to see other cultures etc but this is cheaper and on the doorstep - perfect for younger children.

If there were no disabled children in that school they would suggest a trip to a disabled facility.
It's called  emotional education. It's good for children.

I hear what you are saying but I think they are being force fed multiculturalism to be honest, not sure it is needed and it certainly should not be required..

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:37 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
eddie wrote:Look this works two ways really:

Or

G

I dint think this is the dark and forbidden thing you think it is Andy. It's an exchange programme, much like when students go over to France  or my son goes to Brussels in November this year - to see other cultures etc but this is cheaper and on the doorstep - perfect for younger children.

It's called  emotional education. It's good for children.

I hear what you are saying but I think they are being force fed multiculturalism to be honest, not sure it is needed and it certainly should not be required..

Nothing wrong at all in giving kids the opportunity to have all sorts of different experiences.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:47 am

Spindleshanks wrote:

Nothing wrong at all in giving kids the opportunity to have all sorts of different experiences.

thats true and adventure holiday in another country, that would introduce them to another culture and country...

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:51 am

Spindleshanks wrote:

thats true and adventure holiday in another country, that would introduce them to another culture and country...

Not everyone can afford that sort of experience for their kids. Have you any idea how much school trips abroad cost?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:18 am

Spindleshanks wrote:

Not everyone can afford that sort of experience for their kids.  Have you any idea how much school trips abroad cost?

lol of course i do...

i think the biggest issue is the fact that the school despite being in a good rating for education was criticised for not being multicultural enough, how can the school control who lives in that area..

where were the ones who should have been watching the schools in birmingham, are they going to be visiting white Christian schools ... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:24 am

Spindleshanks wrote:

Not everyone can afford that sort of experience for their kids.  Have you any idea how much school trips abroad cost?

lol of course i do...

i think the biggest issue is the fact that the school despite being in a good rating for education was criticised for not being multicultural enough, how can the school control who lives in that area..

where were the ones who should have been watching the schools in birmingham, are they going to be visiting white Christian schools ... Smile 

I agree that the OFSTED report should have no bearing on this but I don't think it's a bad idea for kids to get a view of what living and being educated in an area completely different to your own is like.

It's going to be a shock for some of these kids going from a 68 pupil school to one containing almost 500.

This has nothing to do with religion by the way so I'm ignoring your last point.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:35 am

Spindleshanks wrote:

lol of course i do...

I agree that the OFSTED report should have no bearing on this but I don't think it's a bad idea for kids to get a view of what living and being educated in an area completely different to your own is like.

It's going to be a shock for some of these kids going from a 68 pupil school to one containing almost 500.

This has nothing to do with religion by the way so I'm ignoring your last point.

At the end of the day they will be judged by heir academic results not their ability to agree that a different culture is ok, the school should focus on their exams not how another school or culture works.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Three quarters are ethnics and half don't have English as first language....

Great!

Another labour legacy, and coming to a school and town near you soon, or maybe your town and local schools....

But the problem is the Devon school for being too white and British/English...!?

Fucking madness.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Three quarters are ethnics and half don't have English as first language....

Great!

Another labour legacy, and coming to a school and town near you soon, or maybe your town and local schools....

But the problem is the Devon school for being too white and British/English...!?

Fucking madness.

it just beggars belief doesn't it, how can you be too white or too British... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:29 pm

The leftie progressives hate white British people.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The leftie progressives hate white British people.

Only a racist would say or think that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The leftie progressives hate white British people.

evidence would seem to support that conclusion...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Only a racist would say the Devon school was too white.
Or universities were too white.
If you were in Nigeria or Pakistan and said that any schools were too black or Pakistani you would quite rightly get laughed out of town...
So why is it tolerated here to say too white...?
The fact it is not tolerated by most sensible people But who are then accused of being the racists for criticising this madness!!!
Which it is, madness!!
You leftie progressive wankers have damaged this country enough.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Whenever pupils are interviewed on the news the class is full of asians - there are NO white kids at all. Shouldn't these pupils be bussed down to Devon to experience what white schoolkids look like, as it seems they're deficient in cultural diversity?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Whenever pupils are interviewed on the news the class is full of asians - there are NO white kids at all.  Shouldn't these pupils be bussed down to Devon to experience what white schoolkids look like, as it seems they're deficient in cultural diversity?

especially those schooling in birmingham...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Three quarters are ethnics and half don't have English as first language....

Great!

Fucking madness.

it just beggars belief doesn't it, how can you be too white or too British... Smile 

...that is the extreme RW mindset which causes these problems Favva...and if some of you had guns with the mindset you do, I think there would be much to worry about.

Some of you guys are terrorists minus the firearms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Joy Division wrote:

...that is the extreme RW mindset which causes these problems Favva...and if some of you had guns with the mindset you do, I think there would be much to worry about.

Some of you guys are terrorists minus  the firearms.

how very odd, don't you think the very notion that someone could be too white or too British isn't the most racist thing ever...

you really are blind..

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Yeah, it's those who raise concerns about the leftie progressive agenda who are the problem and terrorists now.

Not those who have presided over the mass immigration that is causing the real problems and risk to our national security, or Those who for years have been anti white British who regularly criticise things for being too white!!!

What a fucked up country we now live in with all this pc madness.

You leftie progressivep are to blame for it all.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Does anyone else think Matti sounds like this from his posts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:48 pm

It was the Daily Mail that used the term 'too white' not Offsted. It was just a dog-whistle headline for some to come running and I see that many have answered the call and are wading in and using it to rant away about the country going down the tube on the back of it.

I'm sure the children in both schools are excited about the trip and they are looking forward to an experience that may well stand them in good stead in the future.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Irn Bru wrote:It was the Daily Mail that used the term 'too white' not Offsted. It was just a dog-whistle headline for some to come running and I see that many have answered the call and are wading in and using it to rant away about the country going down the tube on the back of it.

I'm sure the children in both schools are excited about the trip and they are looking forward to an experience that may well stand them in good stead in the future.

Bang on the money Irn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Odd how OFSTED seemed to have only picked on this one school for not being multicultural enough, you'd have thought that would apply to thousands of schools in this country.

Personally, I think that is the Daily Mails interpretation of the report and well, we all know how the DM just loves to dramaticise don't we.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Didge wrote:Does anyone else think Matti sounds like this from his posts?

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School Coma10

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:55 pm

If the term 'too white' is racist, is the Daily Mail racist then?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Nice of Tess to wish I was in a coma, how nice of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Didge wrote:Nice of Tess to wish I was in a coma, how nice of her.
Don't mention it Mr hypocrite - personal abuse in reply to your personal abuse to another poster. If you give it expect it back...

I googled the name of the school and got the village website. Wow - they've got bell-ringing and things - sounds like a proper Olde English village. Didn't know there were any left. Why would you want to destroy that to 'embrace multiculturalism'?

http://www.payhembury.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:Nice of Tess to wish I was in a coma, how nice of her.
Don't mention it Mr hypocrite - personal abuse in reply to your personal abuse to another poster.  If you give it expect it back...

I googled the name of the school and got the village website.  Wow - they've got bell-ringing and things - sounds like a proper Olde English village.  Didn't know there were any left.  Why would you want to destroy that to 'embrace multiculturalism'?

That is beyond personal abuse dummy, that is wishing someone to be in a coma and shows how vile you are and thus cannot take banter yourself by going below the belt.

Hey ho you just exposed how vile you are, because I would never wish ill health onto you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
Don't mention it Mr hypocrite - personal abuse in reply to your personal abuse to another poster.  If you give it expect it back...

I googled the name of the school and got the village website.  Wow - they've got bell-ringing and things - sounds like a proper Olde English village.  Didn't know there were any left.  Why would you want to destroy that to 'embrace multiculturalism'?

That is beyond personal abuse dummy, that is wishing someone to be in a coma and shows how vile you are and thus cannot take banter yourself by going below the belt.

Hey ho you just exposed how vile you are, because I would never wish ill health onto you
I haven't wished ill health on you, you retard. It's a fucking GIF!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

I haven't wished ill health on you, you retard.   It's a fucking GIF!!!!

Stating for me to slip into a coma, yes your GIf backfired, as it is vile, just like you really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:Does anyone else think Matti sounds like this from his posts?

"Too White" Devon Primary Gets Parents To Pay For Trip To Black London School Coma10

lol wonderful...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
I haven't wished ill health on you, you retard.   It's a fucking GIF!!!!

Stating for me to slip into a coma, yes your GIf backfired, as it is vile, just like you really.

according to ben as long as it is context wishing death upon someone is fine so all is good...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Didge wrote:

according to ben as long as it is context wishing death upon someone is fine so all is good...

never stated she was breaking the rules, just that like you she is vile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Didge wrote:

I don't recall you calling the person who wished death on me vile...

you really are the biggest hypocrite and bigot on the whole forum... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Didge wrote:

Funny you must need going to spec savers as I stated it was a vile thing to say and wrong, but Veya is not vile, just angry at your stupidity that you would poorly give such bad information which could cost peoples lives. To him and me and many others, you were wishing death onto people with your vile advice.

You never will graps that though

laters dummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:42 pm

Didge wrote:

"If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names."
-Elbert Hubbard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

"If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names."
-Elbert Hubbard

Wow that is your defense.

Score Tess, ha ha

Thank goodness I am going out

cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Didge wrote:

Funny you must need going to spec savers as I stated it was a vile thing to say and wrong, but Veya is not vile, just angry at your stupidity that you would poorly give such bad information which could cost peoples lives. To him and me and many others, you were wishing death onto people with your vile advice.

You never will graps that though

laters dummy

hahaha it seems all gays are hypocrites and you are the worse sort... Smile Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

-Elbert Hubbard

Score Tess, ha ha

cheers   
Defence? I need a defence? Boy, you really do have delusions of adequacy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

Score Tess, ha ha

cheers   
Defence?  I need a defence?  Boy, you really do have delusions of adequacy...

lol priceless.... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

Score Tess, ha ha

cheers   
Defence?  I need a defence?  Boy, you really do have delusions of adequacy...

Odd as why quote somebody about absing people?

DOH

Hilarious and pathetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:09 pm

does didge use voice recognition and it doesn't have a retard setting... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Iwonder if any one remembers this old adage "I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Seems to be forgotten by certain posters on here.!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:26 pm

nicko wrote:Iwonder if any one remembers this old adage "I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"   Seems to be forgotten by certain posters on here.!!

Maybe because it is such an absurd notion, as would you defend the right of Catman to say the things he said to you?

No, you would not, somethings as seen are wrong and why we have laws to protect people from those who abuse free speech. Free speech does not mean you can be as nasty as you like, I will not defend the right of someone to say what they like if it is nasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:29 pm

nicko wrote:Iwonder if any one remembers this old adage "I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"   Seems to be forgotten by certain posters on here.!!

gays are to bigoted to understand anything that does serve their cause, they just want their own way in everything ... a bit like spoiled brats really..

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:30 pm

From the OP....

Payhembury Primary in Devon was criticised by Ofsted for being insufficiently ‘multicultural’.

At Ofsted’s last visit in 2010, inspectors praised Payhembury as a ‘happy place’ but pointed out all the pupils were of ‘white British heritage’.

Sounds like they are saying it was too white to me......

Using the pc language 'insufficiently multicultural'.....

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next