NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've deleted Catman's account at his request

+16
harrymuffin
veya_victaous
Fred Moletrousers
Stephenmarra
harvesmom
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
David
scrat
Fluffyx
jaded fox
eddie
Eilzel
nicko
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
20 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

I've deleted Catman's account at his request Empty I've deleted Catman's account at his request

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 03, 2014 10:21 pm

I will be saving screen shots from our PMs in case proof of this is needed later.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

I've deleted Catman's account at his request Empty Re: I've deleted Catman's account at his request

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I will be saving screen shots from our PMs in case proof of this is needed later.

If this board has a facility for nonmembers to email you I would disable that too.

Back to top Go down

I've deleted Catman's account at his request Empty Re: I've deleted Catman's account at his request

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I will be saving screen shots from our PMs in case proof of this is needed later.

If this board has a facility for nonmembers to email you I would disable that too.

Actually, anybody can contact us via P.M. in case they get locked out. I have gotten a few nasty P.M.s from (the first person ever banned from here, don't make me say her name) through it before, but I want to keep that available -- sometimes we've needed it to find out that members have been locked out and can't log in.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Proof of what?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Proof of what?

Proof that he told me several times, in expletive-ridden PMs, that he wanted me to delete his account. (I asked him a few times if he was sure.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

Actually, anybody can contact us via P.M. in case they get locked out. I have gotten a few nasty P.M.s from (the first person ever banned from here, don't make me say her name) through it before, but I want to keep that available -- sometimes we've needed it to find out that members have been locked out and can't log in.

On previous forums when this happens we have ended up having to disable it, hopefully he has gone asleep and you wont get bombarded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 10:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Proof that he told me several times, in expletive-ridden PMs, that he wanted me to delete his account. (I asked him a few times if he was sure.)

Oh I see. He could have deleted his own account.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Wonder where he will turn up next?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Oh I see. He could have deleted his own account.

Which I told him -- I wanted him to do it himself but he said he had problems with a confirmation code or something.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:31 pm

I hope he is able to find somewhere to feel better  Sad 

I know he can be a real dick sometimes but there is a heart of gold in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 10:32 pm

sphinx wrote:I hope he is able to find somewhere to feel better  Sad 

Is there? I haven't noticed that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 03, 2014 10:33 pm

Yeah, I wished him well, too, even though he kept calling me a c-word Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 10:34 pm

nicko wrote:Wonder where he will turn up next?

Bitchfest probably - he already has an account on there.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:34 pm

I agree, and I think that people persistently calling him a 'scrounger' to wind him up, when they know full well he does have mental health issues should be bloody ashamed of themselves. And I know he has said some terrible things, but so have they. Load of bloody harpies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Oh, he has turned up on Bitchfest already.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 10:35 pm

Sassy wrote:

I agree, and I think that people persistently calling him a 'scrounger' to wind him up, when they know full well he does have mental health issues should be bloody ashamed of themselves.   And I know he has said some terrible things, but so have they.   Load of bloody harpies.

You're right - he has said some terrible things.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat May 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Me and phil have had enormous fallings out in the past. I think I'd be forgiven for having a very bitter attitude toward the guy; but I don't. If he is going through a bad time then I hope he can get through it, and that he will return when he feels able to,
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, he has turned up on Bitchfest already.

Just found that -- I'm glad he's not going to try to make it out that he got banned from here or anything -- he posted, "I resigned from Newsfix."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:Me and phil have had enormous fallings out in the past. I think I'd be forgiven for having a very bitter attitude toward the guy; but I don't. If he is going through a bad time then I hope he can get through it, and that he will return when he feels able to,

Me too. Because he certainly hasn't been helped by some people who should know better.

Last edited by Sassy on Sat May 03, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Bitchfest?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Sassy wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Me and phil have had enormous fallings out in the past. I think I'd be forgiven for having a very bitter attitude toward the guy; but I don't. If he is going through a bad time then I hope he can get through it, and that he will return when he feels able to,

Me too.   Because he certainly hasn't been helped by some people who should know better.

No he hasn't. I made peace with phil by PM a few weeks (months?) ago; life's too short to uphold nonesense grudges Sad 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, he has turned up on Bitchfest already.

What a surprise. Its a shame but at least we wont have the self serving having him firing their bullets for them and winding him up.
Any one that actually gave a shit about him would have been encouraging him to stay away from forums. Instead we have the usual distancing themselves from the mealy mouthed. The more things change etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 03, 2014 10:42 pm

sphinx wrote:Bitchfest?

That's really what it's called Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Me too.   Because he certainly hasn't been helped by some people who should know better.

No he hasn't. I made peace with phil by PM a few weeks (months?) ago; life's too short to uphold nonesense grudges Sad 

Personally, I think people who actually know his situation, and still come out with all the 'scrounger' posts should search their consciences.   This is only a forum, but who knows what consequences those posts have on his state of mind IRL?   They hold up their hands in horror at a care worker slapping a disabled patient, but metaphorically, they are doing exactly the same to a person with mental health issues, and they know it.

Last edited by Sassy on Sat May 03, 2014 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Sassy wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Personally, I think people who actually know his situation, and still come out with all the 'scrounger' posts should search their consciences.   This is only a forum, but who knows what consequences those posts have on his state of mind IRL?

You mean he might start bitching elsewhere? Oh no!  affraid 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Sorry to see you leave, Phil. Take care. x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 04, 2014 12:26 am

Sassy wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Personally, I think people who actually know his situation, and still come out with all the 'scrounger' posts should search their consciences.   This is only a forum, but who knows what consequences those posts have on his state of mind IRL?   They hold up their hands in horror at a care worker slapping a disabled patient, but metaphorically, they are doing exactly the same to a person with mental health issues, and they know it.

Do you mean me?
I haven't called him a scrounger, never have.
He was nasty and having digs about Madeleine McCann - and on the anniversary of her disappearance too -'so I made a post about drowning cats.

He'll be back anyway. He does this all the time.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 12:51 am

confucius him say

man who throw shit had better be ready to catch some also....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 04, 2014 12:53 am

If he does come back, it needs to be with an attitude adjustment. He thought that because he got a lot of people to sign up here and posted a lot of threads, the rules should not apply to him.

I told him he could fight back against anyone who bothered him as long as he didn't resort to sexist language like he always did. I reassured him that's all I wanted from him. But apparently he can't argue with a woman without resorting to those kinds of slurs.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 1:38 am

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Do you mean me?
He was nasty and having digs about Madeleine McCann - and on the anniversary of her disappearance too -'so I made a post about drowning cats.

As muchu as he was an insulting twat he added to debates did he not Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun May 04, 2014 7:21 am

I have cancer,catman said" I hope your in pain" how do you think I felt about that. Sassy has cancer, did ne say any thing like that to her?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 8:27 am

This is why I stick to my resolution to never post on forums after 8pm.

::drnkpst:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Sun May 04, 2014 8:54 am

Forgive the dumb American but, what does "scrounger" mean? Is it something like spaz which doesn't mean much here but is derogatory over there?
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 04, 2014 9:06 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Do you mean me?

Hmmm.
That, in itself, is debatable didge.....I'll be generous and say he very, very, occasionally started a thread about something other than gay rights or insulting someone.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 9:30 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hmmm.
That, in itself, is debatable didge.....I'll be generous and say he very, very, occasionally started a thread about something other than gay rights or insulting someone.

I was being ironic to your posts about the God squad when ever they leave, well dibs is okay but catman and the god freak are the same in their vile abuse of people, they add little and are trolls

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 04, 2014 9:40 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Hmmm.

I was being ironic to your posts about the God squad when ever they leave, well dibs is okay but catman and the god freak are the same in their vile abuse of people, they add little and are trolls

Yes HF could be troublesome but rarely got downright nasty these days how Phil does.
I think Vod was just defensive.

We all get narky on here but come on, Phil gets banned from every forum he ever goes on.
He left this one before he was banned. Perhaps he knew it'd come eventually.

I, more than most, know how volatile Phil can be and how easily he can turn on you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 9:42 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yes HF could be troublesome but rarely got downright nasty these days how Phil does.

We all get narky on here but come on, Phil gets banned from every forum he ever goes on.

I, more than most, know how volatile Phil can be and how easily he can turn on you.

You are having a bubble bath Eddie as to HF not being vile and nasty.
Sorry he has always been vile in his views of homosexuals

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 04, 2014 9:46 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

You are having a bubble bath Eddie as to HF not being vile and nasty.
Sorry he has always been vile in his views of homosexuals

Yes at times, he's as nasty as Phil....I often thought he was just a WUM tbh.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 9:52 am

So, as I missed the meltdown, if there was one, can someone fill me in on what happened to make Catman leave?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 am

Tesstacious wrote:So, as I missed the meltdown, if there was one, can someone fill me in on what happened to make Catman leave?

I've no idea!! Some perceived wrong done unto him??
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 04, 2014 9:56 am

Tesstacious wrote:So, as I missed the meltdown, if there was one, can someone fill me in on what happened to make Catman leave?

I don't think there was one - not in public anyway. I didn't see anything other than his usual shite.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 10:23 am

jaded fox wrote:Forgive the dumb American but, what does "scrounger" mean? Is it something like spaz which doesn't mean much here but is derogatory over there?

It started off as meaning someone who claimed benefits when they did not really need to - those who claimed unemployment when they could have got a job but couldn't be bothered or who claimed they were too ill to work when they could have managed.

It evolved until it became slur aimed at just about anyone claiming out of work benefits - if you claim benefits you are a scrounger and therefore a lower life form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 04, 2014 10:45 am

sphinx wrote:
jaded fox wrote:Forgive the dumb American but, what does "scrounger" mean? Is it something like spaz which doesn't mean much here but is derogatory over there?

It started off as meaning someone who claimed benefits when they did not really need to - those who claimed unemployment when they could have got a job but couldn't be bothered or who claimed they were too ill to work when they could have managed.

It evolved until it became slur aimed at just about anyone claiming out of work benefits - if you claim benefits you are a scrounger and therefore a lower life form.

I don't think that's true - it's only aimed at those who are perceived to be able to work but don't, or to those who choose a lifestyle which means they are unable to manage on what they can earn - like having loads of children they can't afford.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 10:51 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
sphinx wrote:

I don't think that's true - it's only aimed at those who are perceived to be able to work but don't, or to those who choose a lifestyle which means they are unable to manage on what they can earn - like having loads of children they can't afford.

Sorry but some people do perceive all people on benefits as scroungers, Sphinx is 100% correct

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Sorry but some people do perceive all people on benefits as scroungers, Sphinx is 100% correct

She didn't say that "some" people perceived it that way though, did she?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 10:57 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Exactly - and it is now "perceived" that 7/8ths of benefit claimants fit that definition.

I mean if I can move away from idea that my health problems are faked or exaggerated for 30 seconds myself and my ex husband have 4 children. This did in the past lead to accusations of having children we could not afford. The children were planned, conceived and born at a point my ex paid more in taxes a week than a family of 2 parents 2 children got in benefits a week.

The problem is perception - see a woman with lots of children on benefits she must have had them to get the money. See the guy out of work for 2 years he must be lazy and not really applying himself. See someone too ill to work posting on forums a lot they must be faking cause they could work instead of posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 04, 2014 11:05 am

sphinx wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Exactly - and it is now "perceived" that 7/8ths of benefit claimants fit that definition.

I mean if I can move away from idea that my health problems are faked or exaggerated  for 30 seconds myself and my ex husband have 4 children.  This did in the past lead to accusations of having children we could not afford.  The children were planned, conceived and born at a point my ex paid more in taxes a week than a family of 2 parents 2 children got in benefits a week.

The problem is perception - see a woman with lots of children on benefits she must have had them to get the money.  See the guy out of work for 2 years he must be lazy and not really applying himself.  See someone too ill to work posting on forums a lot they must be faking cause they could work instead of posting.

I don't think that some people necessarily assume someone had a lot of children in order to get benefits, merely that they had children they couldn't afford on their own.

I think some people on JSA are very fussy about what job they will do. There's nothing wrong with being choosy or having ambition, but if you're on benefits you really need to take whatever's going - within reason of course.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 11:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
sphinx wrote:

I mean if I can move away from idea that my health problems are faked or exaggerated  for 30 seconds myself and my ex husband have 4 children.  This did in the past lead to accusations of having children we could not afford.  The children were planned, conceived and born at a point my ex paid more in taxes a week than a family of 2 parents 2 children got in benefits a week.

The problem is perception - see a woman with lots of children on benefits she must have had them to get the money.  See the guy out of work for 2 years he must be lazy and not really applying himself.  See someone too ill to work posting on forums a lot they must be faking cause they could work instead of posting.

I don't think that some people necessarily assume someone had a lot of children in order to get benefits, merely that they had children they couldn't afford on their own.

I think some people on JSA are very fussy about what job they will do. There's nothing wrong with being choosy or having ambition, but if you're on benefits you really need to take whatever's going - within reason of course.

There you are - in your mind you are pretty sure that the majority of people on JSA are there because they wont take "whatever is going". You do not seem to realize that "whatever is going" pretty much all wants previous experience or proven track record - and the ones that do not are massively over subscribed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 04, 2014 11:19 am

sphinx wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

There you are - in your mind you are pretty sure that the majority of people on JSA are there because they wont take "whatever is going".  You do not seem to realize that "whatever is going" pretty much all wants previous experience or proven track record - and the ones that do not are massively over subscribed.

Er, I said "some", not the "majority". I actually do think that most people can get some sort of job within two years. I seem to manage it.  Razz 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun May 04, 2014 11:22 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

The difference is phil has actual difficulties in his life (however self inflicted some may be); so it is sort of understandable that he gets aggressive at times.

Now according to HF he is living the wonderful life, wonderful wife, adored by God almighty, big house with a swimming pool, business, likes to boast of looking to buy flash sports cars (all taken with a strong pinch of salt of course... haha); and yet remains vindictive, bitter and downright nasty a lot of the time (a view shared by most here)- if all he says is true there is no understanding where his vileness is concerned; and he has been banned from many of the same forums as phil  Wink 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next