NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bedroom Tax 'forces Falklands war hero to sell his prized medals' after being crippled by benefits cuts

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bedroom Tax 'forces Falklands war hero to sell his prized medals' after being crippled by benefits cuts - Page 2 Empty Bedroom Tax 'forces Falklands war hero to sell his prized medals' after being crippled by benefits cuts

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Falklands war hero was forced to flog his medals for £500 after he was hit in the pocket by the hated bedroom tax.

Jim Pritchard's arrears mounted as his state income was cut by £23 a week by the controversial Con-Dem welfare reforms.

The 61-year-old, whose war wounds and injuries from a car accident left him unable to work, admitted he had no option but to sell the medals for a sliver of their true value to make ends meet.

The decorated former soldier, who served his country for 11 years in the Falklands, Northern Ireland and Cyprus, said: "One of the wounds I have got is a head wound, and I have got severe tinnitus. I was in a road accident too, and physical exercise is a no-no. I can’t work.

“I think it’s absolutely disgusting that Maria Miller is allowed to get away with it, while we’re punished like this.”

The grandfather, from Birkenhead, Merseyside, said his wife Bernadette, 59, is also out of work.

He added: “I’m probably better placed to cope with it than most people, but it’s just not fair. This Bedroom Tax – anybody who has finished work or is disabled is being absolutely hammered by it.

“The irony of it is I have seen the same set sold for £15,000 elsewhere. I only got £500 for them.”

Labour MP Frank Field, who represents Mr Pritchard's home town, just miles from controversial employment minister Esther McVeigh's more affluent West Wirral constituency.

Mr Field said: “Could there be a worse example of Tory Bedroom Tax cruelty than that our war heroes are now being penalised because of yesteryear’s housing errors in not building enough single-bedroomed accommodation?”

A Department for Work and Pensions spokesperson said Mr Pritchard's local Wirral Council had been given more than £1m to help people affected by welfare reforms.

He added: "We owe the men and women who have served their country a debt of gratitude for the considerable sacrifice they have made to keep the country safe.

"Our reforms are absolutely necessary to restore fairness to the system and make better use of social housing when hundreds of thousands of people across the country live in cramped, overcrowded accommodation."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/falklands-hero-hit-bedroom-tax-3396286#ixzz2ycBMVWgx
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Totally disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Bedroom Tax 'forces Falklands war hero to sell his prized medals' after being crippled by benefits cuts - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax 'forces Falklands war hero to sell his prized medals' after being crippled by benefits cuts

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I do love the Sassy/Victor double act.  ::smthg::

you evidently havnt seen me disagree with sassy ,,,,, ::rambo:: ::slap:: 

you forget...i almost equally despise the L/W

Back to top Go down

Bedroom Tax 'forces Falklands war hero to sell his prized medals' after being crippled by benefits cuts - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax 'forces Falklands war hero to sell his prized medals' after being crippled by benefits cuts

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:27 pm

That just made up my mind Rags, you're a WUM and a very bad WUM and definitely not worth anyone's time.   In fact, you post so like GIG it's uncanny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:27 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:

Who cares who you despise? You just put people in boxes - you need to think for yourself instead of obsessing about the "left" and the "right".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Sassy wrote:That just made up my mind Rags, you're a WUM and a very bad WUM and definitely not worth anyone's time.   In fact, you post so like GIG it's uncanny.

Awww, you didn't say that when you were stirring via PM.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:me? labelling...ah I forget..its ok for YOU to label the unfortunate as "scroungers" isnt it....

If ...pah...its a big if....your lot  (R/Wers) sorted YOUR tax dodging "scroungers " out, both individual and corporate,
THEN I might agree to a case for cracking down on benefit fraud/benefit over use etc...however the truth is that if ever the tax dodgers WERE sorted...we would have so much money as a nation we wouldnt need to...

There you go again - labelling me as a "R/Wer". You also accused me of tax dodging, which is a lie. If only one could avoid tax so one didn't have to pay for all these spare rooms .....

\If it looks like a duck
quacks like a duck
waddles like a duck
and stinks like a duck

then in all likelyhood it IS a duck....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:28 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:

Shurrup Victor or I'll have to get me big stick our lol

::fishffight:: ::fishffight:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:29 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

There you go again - labelling me as a "R/Wer". You also accused me of tax dodging, which is a lie. If only one could avoid tax so one didn't have to pay for all these spare rooms .....

\If it looks like a duck
quacks like a duck
waddles like a duck
and stinks like a duck

then in all likelyhood it IS a duck....

Then you are clearly a slug since you leave a trail of slime everywhere.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

RIGHT...Thats IT...I'm gonna get me big staff......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:30 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:

RIGHT...Thats IT...I'm gonna get me big staff......

Pretty please!  Wink tongue 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Nah that would be you ragga...you aint got legs...
and you KNOW why women have legs dontcha???

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:32 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Nah that would be you ragga...you aint got legs...

I do hope you're not going to say anything sexist - it's against the rules you know.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:32 pm

Oh, and I do have legs, and if I didn't, you shouldn't mock me for it. Do you always mock people without legs Victor?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:33 pm

ever seen the mess a snail makes????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:34 pm

She sound more like GIG every day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, and I do have legs, and if I didn't, you shouldn't mock me for it. Do you always mock people without legs Victor?

not generally, but exceptions might occur........

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:35 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, and I do have legs, and if I didn't, you shouldn't mock me for it. Do you always mock people without legs Victor?

So you mock the disabled then. That's disgusting Victor - hang your head in shame.  No
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:Nah that would be you ragga...you aint got legs...

I do hope you're not going to say anything sexist - it's against the rules you know.

If you had the forum buttons, the majority of people would have had a 24 hour ban now, for daring to challenge your authority!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Here comes the vodka-swilling drunk to join in with the gruesome twosome.  ::D::
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

So you mock the disabled then. That's disgusting Victor - hang your head in shame.  No
typical idiotic reply.....

no I dont mock "the disabled", any more than i mock/hate/whatever the gay folk....or even "religious" folk.....

HOWEVER...an INDIVIDUAL, may so incur my wrath that I will use ANYTHING in verbal warfare......AGAINST THAT INDIVIDUAL

its the intellectual equivalent of a "smart bomb"

It has good and accepted precedence on here ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

no I dont mock "the disabled", any more than i mock/hate/whatever the gay folk....or even "religious" folk.....

HOWEVER...an INDIVIDUAL, may so incur my wrath that I will use ANYTHING in verbal warfare......AGAINST THAT INDIVIDUAL

You mean you have no self-control.  Twisted Evil
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Here comes the vodka-swilling drunk to join in with the gruesome twosome.  ::D::

Now that is a very odd turn of phrase, because that is what VOD and GIG are known as all over the internet.   Very, very suspicious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Here comes the vodka-swilling drunk to join in with the gruesome twosome.  ::D::

Now that is a very odd turn of phrase, because that is what VOD and GIG are known as all over the internet.   Very, very suspicious.

All over the internet? They must be very famous then.  Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:43 pm

You and Ficktoria, 'used' to tag team on dogs and you were/and or mods!

It was a battle of the banning log!

Last edited by Catman on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

silly girly...at least I have respect for our disabled ex servicemen and women....

one of whom is worth 100 of your sort...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:47 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

silly girly...at least I have respect for our disabled ex servicemen and women....

one of whom is worth 100 of your sort...

Nonsense. I have a spare bedroom too you know ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:50 pm

It is GIG, or a very good impression of him, and who the hell would aspire to that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Sassy wrote:It is GIG, or a very good impression of him, and who the hell would aspire to that!

Such paranoia ...  Twisted Evil
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:56 pm

I can well imagine...i mean, it would hardly contain any offspring would it?....who would want to sully their genes with yours?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:00 pm

Haha! The lefties are getting soooooooo upset.  lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Victor isn't a leftie and you're not upsetting me, you're too pathetic and so predictable.   I feel really sorry for you, going through life with half a personality missing.

In fact, you are boring the hell out of me, it's like talking to a cardboard cutout.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Sassy wrote:Victor isn't a leftie and you'r not upsetting me, you're too pathetic and so predictable.   I feel really sorry for you, going through life with half a personality missing.

In fact, you are boring the hell out of me, it's like talking to a cardboard cutout.

Oh, I forgot that you know everyone and everything, and that you know all about everyone's lives.  ::D::

I see you've forgotten about this poor old soldier already in your haste to score points on a forum.  No
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Sassy wrote:Victor isn't a leftie and you'r not upsetting me, you're too pathetic and so predictable.   I feel really sorry for you, going through life with half a personality missing.

Oh, I forgot that you know everyone and everything, and that you know all about everyone's lives.  ::D::

I see you've forgotten about this poor old soldier already in your haste to score points on a forum.  No

I haven't forgotten about the soldier. You are like a child trying to prove how hateful it can be. Sad individual, never will make it as a real human. Go and find someone else to bore, and I am sure you will find some poor soul to impress at how horrid you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I haven't forgotten about the soldier.   You are like a child trying to prove how hateful it can be.   Sad individual, never will make it as a real human.   Go and find someone else to bore, and I am sure you will find some poor soul to impress at how horrid you are.  

You're quite a vicious old bag aren't you?  Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Nothing so hypocritical as a R/Wer and sass is right...I'm NOT a L/Wer....
I doubt I fit on your political scale.....even ben cant work me out....and he's WAAAY smarter than you..........

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:18 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nothing so hypocritical as a R/Wer  and sass is right...I'm NOT a L/Wer....
I doubt I fit on your political scale.....even ben cant work me out....and he's WAAAY smarter than you..........

If you can call me a righty, I can call you a leftie.  Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:22 pm

ner ner ner....

which just goes to show you know f**k all....

what does national socialist mean to you ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Hang on - you're the chap who enjoys shooting wild animals. It all makes sense now ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Hang on - you're the chap who enjoys shooting wild animals. It all makes sense now ...

really? and you eat meat i presume.....

which makes you what..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:40 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Hang on - you're the chap who enjoys shooting wild animals. It all makes sense now ...

which makes you what..

You presume too much ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

which makes you what..

You presume too much ...

So are you a vegan or a vegetarian?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:46 pm

oh so your a veggie  ://?roflmao?/: 

Vegetarian.....ancient indian word meaning Bad Hunter.......

would also explain your lack of mental capacity.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:48 pm

You two are such bullies. How can you call yourselves "caring" and "tolerant"?  Sad
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:49 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:I honestly don't know how it is causing hardship , how much weekly on average are these people losing in housing benefit ?

I wonder if they got rid of some luxuries such as fags and booze maybe the dog/dogs they are having to feed they could manage .
people like you should be "got rid of"
Funny I was thinking the same , still wearing your frock  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:51 pm

if they smoke more than 20 a day and they stop they will have their reduction back and and be about 30 quid to the good..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Who said he smoked, who said he had a dog?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 pm

I wonder why this story is in the papers - you don't think he contacted the press himself do you?  Shocked
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:01 am

Sassy wrote:Who said he smoked, who said he had a dog?

no one but if they did it could be easily off set by prioritising... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:02 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I wonder why this story is in the papers - you don't think he contacted the press himself do you?  Shocked

surely not, what about all the stories of servicemen living on the streets they would be glad of the bedroom tax ..

Back to top Go down

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:if they smoke more than 20 a day and they stop they will have their reduction back and and be about 30 quid to the good..

NOW THAT...If indeed he did smoke.....I could agree with oddly enough

Back to top Go down

You're a ex soldier you said, wouldn't you do absolutely everything you could think of before you sold your medals, presuming you got any?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next