NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Around half the UK population have now already had covid19

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Around half the UK population have now already had covid19 - Page 5 Empty Around half the UK population have now already had covid19

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is said that for every case that requires hospital treatment, there are at least another 100 cases in the wider population.

Going by that figure, it is now likely to be around 30 million people here in UK who have already had covid19.

And having already had their immune systems successfully fight off this new virus... They don't need any vaccine.

We are not talking about smallpox here, or the plague or ebola etc... We are talking about a version of the common cold virus that for nearly 99.9% of people it causes either no symptoms or mild/moderate symptoms much like influenza causes.

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Around half the UK population have now already had covid19 - Page 5 Empty Re: Around half the UK population have now already had covid19

Post by eddie Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:46 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I hate this attitude that the majority of people who died were old with underlying illness, so they had Covid when they died, but that didn't really kill them ... and anyway, they would have died soon anyway.

Millions of people are old, millions have underlying illnesses, and guess what....they live on for years.

Covid isn't killing them.   Their own immune response is what's killing them.

Can you go into this further, perhaps start a thread?

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Around half the UK population have now already had covid19 - Page 5 Empty Re: Around half the UK population have now already had covid19

Post by Vintage Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:17 pm

As far as I have heard, the immune system can go into overdrive and start attacking healthy cells, not just in covid The Israelis are testing two drugs which dampen down the immune overreaction and patients given these drugs have been well enough to leave hospital, the majority after five treatments. its something like EXO-CD24(this one is inhaled) and Allocetra, don't know much about this but it is in used for other inflammatory problems. It seems promising.

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Korben Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:18 pm

Vintage wrote:As far as I have heard, the immune system can go into overdrive and start attacking healthy cells, not just in covid The Israelis are testing two drugs which dampen down the immune overreaction and patients given these drugs have been well enough to leave hospital, the majority after five treatments. its something like EXO-CD24(this one is inhaled) and Allocetra, don't know much about this but it is in used for other inflammatory problems. It seems promising.
This is my understanding Also
Korben
Korben

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:04 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I hate this attitude that the majority of people who died were old with underlying illness, so they had Covid when they died, but that didn't really kill them ... and anyway, they would have died soon anyway.

Millions of people are old, millions have underlying illnesses, and guess what....they live on for years.

Had they not caught Covid they would be alive still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:11 am

Korben wrote:my family get tested every week for covid as part of the ONS study and we have not had it,in fact i know nobody personally that has  
I know  few people who have had it and felt poorly for a week or so, they were young and got over it OK.

My neighbours two brothers both died from Covid. Both had underlying medical conditions, certainly nothing serious enough to die from.
Both were admitted to hospital for unrelated treatment, caught Covid in hospital, and both died.

Back to top Go down

Post by Korben Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:39 am

Syl wrote:
Korben wrote:my family get tested every week for covid as part of the ONS study and we have not had it,in fact i know nobody personally that has  
I know  few people who have had it and felt poorly for a week or so, they were young and got over it OK.

My neighbours two brothers both died from Covid. Both had underlying medical conditions, certainly nothing serious enough to die from.
Both were admitted to hospital for unrelated treatment, caught Covid in hospital, and both died.
Sorry to here that Syl ,,,this dam virus seems pretty random on who it kills .i saw in the news a 101 year old guy survived while a lot younger people died
Korben
Korben

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:44 am

Korben wrote:
Syl wrote:

Sorry to here that Syl ,,,this dam virus seems pretty random on who it kills .i saw in the news a 101 year old guy survived while a lot younger people died  
Thanks Korben, it has certainly devastated so many lives.

Korben likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Korben Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:59 am

Seems to me (anecdotally) when a member of a family contracts Covid they are multiple deaths in that family i wonder if they is a genetic component to severity and Survivability that would perhaps make sense, as they seem to be more deaths in the Black community who seem oddly to have worse symptoms and more deaths
Korben
Korben

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:57 am

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Had they not caught Covid they would be alive still.

That doesn't change what actually kills them. They might just as easily catch other viruses with the same outcome.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:59 am

Korben wrote:Seems to me (anecdotally) when a member of a family contracts Covid they are multiple deaths in that family i wonder if they is a genetic component to severity and Survivability that would perhaps make sense, as they seem to be more deaths in the Black community who seem oddly to have worse symptoms and more deaths

They are discovering that genes in certain people are triggering the massive inflammation response.  So, this explains why some young, healthy people are still dying from it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Korben likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:01 am

Our immune system is everything. Everything. And it all begins and ends in your gut. Healthy gut, good immune system. Unhealthy gut, you better sort it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:19 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Our immune system is everything.  Everything.  And it all begins and ends in your gut.   Healthy gut, good immune system.  Unhealthy gut, you better sort it.  

In that case you could attribute the immune system to be the cause of almost any disease or virus.
What about everyone who dies of cancer? Are you saying the cancer didn't kill them their own immune system killed them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Korben Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Our immune system is everything.  Everything.  And it all begins and ends in your gut.   Healthy gut, good immune system.  Unhealthy gut, you better sort it.  

In that case you could attribute the immune system to be the cause of almost any disease or virus.
What about everyone who dies of cancer? Are you saying the cancer didn't kill them their own immune system killed them?
Cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells divide without control and can invade nearby tissues.

Now i am not a doctor but my understanding its the invasion of organs and nearby tissues that kills you

An analogy would be ....say a biological rust ,you can remove or treat the rusted areas ,but it gets to the point that the "rust" destroys so much it can't be fixed and it fails

So wile the underlying cause is the "rust" the thing that kills is the damage done by that "rust"
Korben
Korben

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Korben wrote:
Syl wrote:

Cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells divide without control and can invade nearby tissues.

Now i am not a doctor but my understanding its the invasion of organs and nearby tissues that kills you

An analogy would be ....say a biological rust ,you can remove or treat the rusted areas ,but it gets to the point that the "rust" destroys so much it can't be fixed and it fails

So wile the underlying cause is the "rust" the thing that kills is the damage done by that "rust"

My knowledge of medical matters, unless I have had something myself and know what I am talking about... Laughing ...is very limited.
So I will bow to your and HT's superior knowledge on this Korben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Korben Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:53 pm

Syl wrote:
Korben wrote:

My knowledge of medical matters, unless I have had something myself and know what I am talking about... Laughing ...is very limited.
So I will bow to your and HT's superior knowledge on this Korben.
Thanks but i can not claim any superior knowledge nor would i, in medical matters and am happy to be corrected if i have got something wrong or not explained it correctly

All i have is My navy training in first aid and a keen interest in many subjects (including medicine) to relate to
Korben
Korben

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:01 pm

This is where the immune system comes in again, from what I've been told anyway, just about everyone gets abnormal cell growth or potential abnormal cell growth but it is possible for the immune system to recognise these and destroy them before they become a problem but for some reason there are times - too many, when this fails to happen. There have been some good outcomes where the immune system has been boosted and actually successfully attacked the cancer. The body has to be able to acknowledge rogue cells but as they are your own cells its not always that easy it seems. The abnormal cells refuse to die so if we ever find the off switch for cell death, it'll be a good day. That's what was explained to me anyway.

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum