NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus?

+6
Star24
eddie
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
Syl
Tommy Monk
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you think that you have already had this covid19 virus...?

How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_lcap10%How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_lcap30%How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_lcap20%How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_lcap10%How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_lcap20%How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Empty How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus?

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 12:32 am

Because... I'm pretty sure I've had it... my brother has had it... his Mrs has had it... my sister has had it... her fella has had it...

While none of us are on the list of being "confirmed cases" of having it...

Plus... I know dozens of other people who have said they're pretty sure that they have had it too... Having reported verifiable symptoms... Although none of these are listed on the official "confirmed cases" tally either...

And... All of these people that I know, who say they think they've had it, also say they each know dozens of others of people who say they have each had it too...

Isn't it likely that this virus has already done the rounds throughout the UK population... And most of us have already had it anyway...?

So no need for most of us to be hiding away from being infected by a virus that most of us have already had anyway...!?

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Tue May 05, 2020 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Empty Re: How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus?

Post by Syl Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 am

No I dont think I have.
I did however have the oddest  virus I have ever had in late January. The Dr diagnosed the norovirus, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

The coronavirus was just being mentioned then, no one had been diagnosed in the UK at that time.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? Empty Re: How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus?

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 12:57 am

People have reported having had it here in UK going back to mid December...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 12:59 am

What symptoms did you have Syl...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 1:07 am

I had it in the beginning of February... Although the first recorded cases were the end of January...

And the first recorded transmissions within the UK were listed as being the end of February...

Well... I got it from transmission within the UK at beginning of February...

And on LBC the other day... People were ringing in saying they had it here in UK during December and January...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 05, 2020 1:12 am

The over riding symptom that lasted about a week was a sudden dizziness that made me feel like I had sea sickness, the room spinning, and I was banging into walls and furniture.
It came on suddenly, followed by sickness that lasted 5 days.
Took another week for the dizziness to go completely.

So none of the usual coronavirus symptoms.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2020 5:33 am

4 days in a high dependency unit and a +ve test.
A month on and still not back to full health and fitness.
Still feel drained and worn out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 am

It's an empirical question, not one for survey research. Alas...no tests.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 12:24 pm

BBC news is just saying that the virus was in France at least a month before they had their first official recorded case.

They have looked at old swabs from earlier pneumonia patients and found some positive results for covid19.

And I'm sure this virus has been doing the rounds here in UK since December.

Although our first official recorded case was 31st January I think.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Syl wrote:The over riding symptom that lasted about a week was a sudden dizziness that made me feel like I had sea sickness, the room spinning, and I was banging into walls and furniture.

Dizziness and headaches are symptoms of the virus...

"...the illness can also cause malaise, confusion, dizziness, headaches, and digestive issues..."

https://www.businessinsider.com/rare-uncommon-symptoms-of-covid-19-coronavirus-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1265281/coronavirus-tips-update-uk-symptoms-dizziness-headaches-confusion-loss-of-smell

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 12:33 pm

https://www.france24.com/en/20200505-france-s-first-known-covid-19-case-was-in-december

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:They have looked at old swabs from earlier pneumonia patients and found some positive results for covid19.

Q.  Who saves old, used swabs?

A.  French cooks.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 5:13 pm

Well... It adds weight to my belief that this virus has been doing the rounds here in UK since at least as early as the middle of December...

And that a large proportion of the UK population have already had it... so are on lockdown for nothing...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Well... It adds weight to my belief that this virus has been doing the rounds here in UK since at least as early as the middle of December...

And that a large proportion of the UK population have already had it... so are on lockdown for nothing...

How many unnecessary deaths have you had?  We've had 66,000, and it's still climbing.  One day the experts will go back to October, and I bet they'll find it's over 100,000 attributable to Covid-19. Right now they're just counting March and April.

For nothing??  What's so important out there that it's worth your life?  Going back to work so you can make THE MAN more wealthy?

It's humanism vs. profit...I say fook profit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 7:12 pm

I've already had it... So I am immune for some time yet... And if I catch it again then my immune system is already ready to fight it off easier again...

And I have to work because I have to earn the money I need to live and pay my bills.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2020 7:21 pm

Just spoke to another mate of mine, he said his cousin (who I also know quite well) had it back in middle of January... He had something that knocked the bollocks out of him for over a week and he had to go to hospital because he couldn't breathe properly...

Also not on the list of confirmed cases...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 06, 2020 12:19 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:The over riding symptom that lasted about a week was a sudden dizziness that made me feel like I had sea sickness, the room spinning, and I was banging into walls and furniture.

Dizziness and headaches are symptoms of the virus...

"...the illness can also cause malaise, confusion, dizziness, headaches, and digestive issues..."

https://www.businessinsider.com/rare-uncommon-symptoms-of-covid-19-coronavirus-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1265281/coronavirus-tips-update-uk-symptoms-dizziness-headaches-confusion-loss-of-smell

Interesting Tommy thanks.
All i know is it was the oddest virus i have ever had and i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 06, 2020 1:19 am

When I had it... I thought it was 'odd' too... I distinctly remember thinking that it was not a regular sort of virus that I've experienced before... It felt new and unusual to me in comparison with anything else I've ever had...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 06, 2020 1:05 pm

I started being ill on Jan 20th, it lasted well into February.

I actually dialled 111 for the first time in my life.
I had an existing appointment at the GP's for something totally unrelated, the operator advised me to keep the appointment. I was driven there (I literally couldn't see straight) and the Dr just took one look, didn't come near me (probably wise) and diagnosed norovirus....I think that's because I had told her I was being sick constantly.

I looked up the severe dizziness and that normally comes if  dehydration sets in, the vertigo was the first symptom I had ....never had anything remotely like it before, and hope I never have it again.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Yes, could well have been a norovirus... Sounds pretty nasty whatever it was...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 06, 2020 10:54 pm

I flew to England on Delta Airlines in late December. I later learned that Delta had a secret policy of not requiring flight crew to inform one another whether they were showing symptoms of Covid-19. There were a number of people coughing on both legs of my journey.

I was fine until about Jan. 3, when I began to run a high fever and had a dry cough. This was well before anybody was really talking about coronavirus in England.

I was sick for a solid month. I told practically everyone I know that I had never been so sick for so long in my life.

I finally went to the doctor's (I don't have health insurance so I toughed it out as long as I could) with a severe earache. I was told that I had a bacterial ear infection on top of a viral infection that I seemed to be on top of.

After a week of antibiotics, my ear had cleared up and my cough was mostly gone, but I was as weak as a newborn for another four or five days. It was all I could do to walk my stepdaughter to and from school, which is about a 5-minute walk.

Did I have it? I don't know, but I think it's a fair possibility. I do know that whatever I had was worse than any flu I've ever had, and it did take longer to overcome than any illness I've ever had. Given all the circumstantial evidence, I would have to say logically that I'd suspect coronavirus over anything else.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 06, 2020 11:15 pm

Ben wrote:I flew to England on Delta Airlines in late December. I later learned that Delta had a secret policy of not requiring flight crew to inform one another whether they were showing symptoms of Covid-19. There were a number of people coughing on both legs of my journey.

I won't fly Delta for the reason that they aren't at all customer oriented. United and American are much better.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 06, 2020 11:16 pm

So... 3 out of the 4 voters so far, have almost certainly had the virus here in UK...

And Syl may well have had it too, given her description of what she had...

I maintain my opinion that this virus has been doing the rounds here in UK, as well as most likely in most other countries too, for a lot longer than our govts think... And huge proportions of population here and elsewhere have already had this virus and shrugged it off, either not knowing they've even had it or thinking it was some sort of cold/flu virus etc... And are now immune or at least much strongly resistant to it, and we are much closer to the 'herd immunity' level than we think...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 06, 2020 11:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So... 3 out of the 4 voters so far, have almost certainly had the virus here in UK...

How many of them are physicians?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 pm

The symptoms are well publicised... And 3 of us here are reporting quite definitive symptoms (1 having actually been tested and positive for it)... It's pretty certain that all 3 of us have had it...

Think about the implications that many more in wider population have had it too, although not known about by govt... Then add on the many more who have had it but had mild or no symptoms, out there in the wider population...!

The real numbers of populations who have already had it but not known about by govts, is huge!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 06, 2020 11:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:So... 3 out of the 4 voters so far, have almost certainly had the virus here in UK...

How many of them are physicians?

🙄
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 07, 2020 12:00 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
The symptoms are well publicised... And 3 of us here are reporting quite definitive symptoms (1 having actually been tested and positive for it)... It's pretty certain that all 3 of us have had it...

Empirical tests would be helpful...and scientifically conclusive.  Anecdotal answers to empirical questions are useless.  First is the problem of perception.  Second is the problem of memory.    Third is the problem of interests.  Fourth is the problem of post-event misinformation.  Narrative testimony is notoriously unreliable.  https://people.howstuffworks.com/eyewitnesses-unreliable.htm

How many of you think you've actually had the covid19 virus? 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2020 8:36 am

The fact I spent 4 days on O2 in a high dependency unit after being tested is compelling evidence. And even now I am still short of breath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 am

If you had it and had the most common symptoms, you would know...

When this antibody test starts getting rolled out to the public, then I think we will all see huge numbers of population have had it...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Thu May 07, 2020 2:41 pm

I have not come into contact with anyone for
nearly 6 weeks, apart from my hubby. He is a
key worker but I was told that each evening he comes
home from work he has to strip out of his clothes onto
newspaper which then he puts into the washing
Machine, then goes and has a shower. I was told that
at the doctors when they were giving those
respiratory care packages out.
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 07, 2020 4:01 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

How many can describe the differences in symptoms between H1N1, and Covid-19?

Realistically, people are assuming that, because Covid-19 is making the rounds, any flu-like malady is Covid-19.  In medicine, it's called the me-too movement.  You see an illness described in a journal or on a TV show, by a physician, and say...me too, that's what I had!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 07, 2020 6:19 pm

I had it quill...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 07, 2020 6:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I had it quill...

And you know that because somewhere along the line you were tested.

If not, it's just your speculation.

In addition to testing, there is tracing. Can you trace your illness?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 07, 2020 11:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I had it quill...

In addition to testing, there is tracing. Can you trace your illness?

There wasn't really much testing going on here in UK at the beginning of February, when I was ill with what I strongly believe to have been the covid19 virus...

At the time, it was thought that it wasn't even in the country...!

But I had given a lift in my car to a little Chinese fella, a few days before I became ill, who was trying to find directions to an address nearby... he could barely speak a word of English, and had some baggage with him... I got the impression that he had just arrived in the country and was on the last leg of his journey to this local southeast London house address...

I tried telling him directions but it became instantly apparent that he couldn't understand English... So I gave him a lift in my car to the address, as I knew where it was and I was also heading in that exact direction... And it seemed a much easier thing to do at the time rather than trying to get involved in trying to explain how to get there...!

This is where I think I may have got it from... Or public transport where I sat on train near a couple of people who were coughing and spluttering and generally sounding ill... Or I got it at work where there were also a few who were obviously ill with some nasty virus type thing...

Trust me... What I had I'm 99.9% sure was covid19...!

And I'm convinced that if I were to do an antibody test then that would confirm the other 0.1%...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 08, 2020 12:09 am

There were a lot of really bad viruses going around in my workplace in January and February. I mean people were really ill and not getting over it quickly.

It seemed they were dropping like flies.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 08, 2020 12:14 am

Probably the same virus... Just doing the rounds at your workplace...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 08, 2020 12:16 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Probably the same virus... Just doing the rounds at your workplace...

It was a cough and a sore throat. Everyone had it. I didn’t get it, or if I did it was very mild.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 12:17 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

In addition to testing, there is tracing.  Can you trace your illness?

There wasn't really much testing going on here in UK at the beginning of February, when I was ill with what I strongly believe to have been the covid19 virus...

But I had given a lift in my car to a little Chinese fella, a few days before I became ill, who was trying to find directions to an address nearby... he could barely speak a word of English, and had some baggage with him... I got the impression that he had just arrived in the country and was on the last leg of his journey to this local southeast London house address...

I tried telling him directions but it became instantly apparent that he couldn't understand English... So I gave him a lift in my car to the address, as I knew where it was and I was also heading in that exact direction... And it seemed a much easier thing to do at the time rather than trying to get involved in trying to explain how to get there...!

This is where I think I may have got it from... Or public transport where I sat on train near a couple of people who were coughing and spluttering and generally sounding ill... Or I got it at work where there were also a few who were obviously ill with some nasty virus type thing...

And I'm convinced that if I were to do an antibody test then that would confirm the other 0.1%...

Good story there, but it sounds like you don't even know if you had covid-19. Sounds like you may have picked up a bit of the flu. So, we are a bunch of local honkies sitting around the cracker barrel, jawing about the the last wave of the flu...convinced it is covid-19.

The problem with that approach is, if you convince yourself your last bout of the flu--which you got over--is what is covid-19, you might be excused for shrugging and nonchalantly going back to normalcy.

Only, it' isn't normal for 77,000 (US count) to die. I could stub my toe, and call it covid-19. So, it only counts if you have been scientifically declared positive...the rest is chatting and speculating.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 08, 2020 12:21 am

The cough and sore throat is definitely a respiratory illness...

And I don't know the sort of age groups you work with... But it is said that younger people have it milder... And out of the 30,000+ deaths so far in UK... Only 340 or so are 45 and under...

And don't forget that many who you work with, may have had it too but had very mild or no symptoms at all...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 08, 2020 12:27 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

The cough and sore throat is definitely a respiratory illness...

And I don't know the sort of age groups you work with... But it is said that younger people have it milder... And out of the 30,000+ deaths so far in UK... Only 340 or so are 45 and under...

And don't forget that many who you work with, may have had it too but had very mild or no symptoms at all...!

Age group mostly 25 - 40.
And people just kept saying they couldn’t shake it off. We all remember it well.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 08, 2020 12:28 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Good story there, but it sounds like you don't even know if you had covid-19. Sounds like you may have picked up a bit of the flu. So, we are a bunch of local honkies sitting around the cracker barrel, jawing about the the last wave of the flu...convinced it is covid-19.

The problem with that approach is, if you convince yourself your last bout of the flu--which you got over--is what is covid-19, you might be excused for shrugging and nonchalantly going back to normalcy.

Only, it' isn't normal for 77,000 (US count) to die. I could stub my toe, and call it covid-19. So, it only counts if you have been scientifically declared positive...the rest is chatting and speculating.

Yeah... Cos all the recorded flu cases have had positive tests for that too...!?

Except in reality... Hardly anyone who is diagnosed with flu has actually had a conclusive test for any flu virus...

So where does that leave your argument...!?

What you are trying to claim is that suspected flu cases are all genuine when no tests are done... But suspected covid19 cases are flu because no tests were done for either covid19 or flu...!!!???

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good story there, but it sounds like you don't even know if you had covid-19.  Sounds like you may have picked up a bit of the flu.  So, we are a bunch of local honkies sitting around the cracker barrel, jawing about the the last wave of the flu...convinced it is covid-19.

Only, it' isn't normal for 77,000 (US count) to die.  I could stub my toe, and call it covid-19.  So, it only counts if you have been scientifically declared positive...the rest is chatting and speculating.

Yeah... Cos all the recorded flu cases have had positive tests for that too...!?

Except in reality... Hardly anyone who is diagnosed with flu has actually had a conclusive test for any flu virus...

So where does that leave your argument...!?

What you are trying to claim is that suspected flu cases are all genuine when no tests are done... But suspected covid19 cases are flu because no tests were done for either covid19 or flu...!!!???

If you want to deal in vague terms, call it a sniffle. None of it can be categorized unless and until a test determines what virus it is.

Except, one of them is a killer (77,000 in US), and we ought to know to a scientific certainty which one.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 08, 2020 11:22 am

Flu kills 20,000 people every winter here in UK...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 3:52 pm

In the US only 12,000 Americans will die from the flu in any given year...and we have 350-million people. But that is probably due to superior medical vigilance here, around that particular illness.

In the past (Obama) years, disease control was very high on the government's agenda. Even Republicans respected the need for healthcare. But Trump has deliberately seen to it that the health institutions in America have been dismantled as 'needless' regulations (public protections).

I see a similar Trumpian thing happening with Covid-19, in this so-called 'reopening': ignore the risk, and suppress any effort at health measures, no matter what the threat. The result is obvious: approaching 80,000 deaths, and still rising.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 08, 2020 5:48 pm

I looked on internet for USA figures and it was higher than that...

But my point was that flu is not tested for but often diagnosed by symptoms presented with...

And here in UK... If someone is displaying covid19 symptoms then they are automatically assumed to have the virus although not necessarily tested for and not on official confirmed case figures either...

The numbers for flu are complete speculation...

And I was talking to a nurse while at work today, she was saying that since testing was opened up to care home staff, loads have tested positive for covid19 while having no symptoms at all...

And she agreed with me that huge swathes of population have already had it and she also believed the virus was doing the rounds here before Christmas too...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 7:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I looked on internet for USA figures and it was higher than that...

No, you're wrong.  It's 12,000/year in the US.  These numbers have been around for a long time, and they are well validated.

The difference is that flu is well controlled. We have vaccines and over-the-counter medications to minimize the effects.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And I was talking to a nurse while at work today, she was saying that since testing was opened up to care home staff, loads have tested positive for covid19 while having no symptoms at all...

True. The asymptomatic group with covid-19 may be the largest we have ever seen with a disease.

There's lots to study with this disease. It's a derivative of SARS and the CDC was investigating all the permutations of it. All that study was taking place by Dr. Obama, and that's why I'm sure that we were chasing the disease, rather than the disease chasing us. Had we continued Dr. Obama's efforts, I feel quite confident we would have prevented this whole pandemic, not only for the US, but for the world.

When Trump deemed it unnecessary and burdensome on businesses to study diseases, he not only murdered close to 80,000 Americans, but likely caused most of the deaths in the world by covid-19.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And she agreed with me that huge swathes of population have already had it and she also believed the virus was doing the rounds here before Christmas too...!

Without tests, we'll never know. Trump has suppressed testing because to test would reveal the magnitude of his stumble with covid-19.

This is a presidential election year in the US, and Trump has placed personal politics above human lives.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 08, 2020 8:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I looked on internet for USA figures and it was higher than that...

No, you're wrong.  It's 12,000/year in the US.  These numbers have been around for a long time, and they are well validated.

The difference is that flu is well controlled. We have vaccines and over-the-counter medications to minimize the effects.

The death rate from flu varies every year... Here is a clip from a recent article about flu deaths in US over last couple of years...

'...This year's flu season is shaping up to be possibly less severe than the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the virus. However, it could equal or surpass the 2018-2019 season's 34,200 flu-related deaths..."

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 08, 2020 8:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:And she agreed with me that huge swathes of population have already had it and she also believed the virus was doing the rounds here before Christmas too...!

Without tests, we'll never know. Trump has suppressed testing because to test would reveal the magnitude of his stumble with covid-19.

This is a presidential election year in the US, and Trump has placed personal politics above human lives.

French health service tested samples from people who died a month before covid19 was said to have officially been in the country, and found positive results for covid19 virus...

So it stands to reason that the virus was going round here in UK too, weeks or even more than a month before it was officially declared to have been here too!

The ICU/heart/lung specialist nurse I spoke to today said she believed the covid19 virus was going round here in UK from some time before Christmas 2019...!

The evidence is starting to mount that a huge section of UK population have already had it...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next