NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread)

+15
Left T
Cass
nicko
Tommy Monk
Vintage
Victorismyhero
JulesV
'Wolfie
Original Quill
Maddog
Fred Moletrousers
Eilzel
Ben Reilly
eddie
gelico
19 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread) - Page 18 Empty Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread)

Post by gelico Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

seems to be spreading rapidly

tests show it started in a animal market

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread) - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread)

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:17 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Cat owners should just buy mice and turn them loose in their house.

Problem solved.

Of course I think it's only fair to allow a coyote or two to be turned loose in the house too, so that the cat feels a little of it's own medicine. Shocked  

My little adopted cat, (we share her with the neighbours) was worse than bloody useless when we had a mouse problem a few years ago, I swear she wouldn't have twitched a whisker if one had danced in front of her, but to see her stalking the birds is wonderful. She never catches any, she is too old and out of condition, but al her instincts are still there. cat

Well, she wouldn't fare well here. The coyotes would eat her.

We are strongly encouraged to keep cats inside here, not just for the wildlife they kill, but because of the wild life that kills them.

Ferals are different. They just have short lives.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread) - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread)

Post by Syl Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:28 pm

We live in different worlds.
My little cat Mini can see the odd dog off and so far no foxes have got to her, but we don't have wild coyotes.
She has spirit but there are limits to what she could handle.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:03 pm

My Daughter has a Bull Terrier[Chopper] MY Grandaughter has a Malamute[Boe] both dogs weigh about 8 stone each . I have a Male Cat Scruff. Neither Dog will come into my House,Scruff has attacked both of them, sent them yelping down the lane !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:06 pm

psycho cat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:10 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:we got 3 cats that go outside...one dives out...goes has a crap and is back in again inside 2 mins....then goes to sleep behind my monitor where it lies farting all day....
one is a big fat lump of a thing that looks to see what the weather is like...if its warm and sunny it goes outside craps and then falls asleep on my wood shed roof and spends the day there baking in the heat, if its not warm and sunny it just looks "meh" craps in her tray and goes to sleep on the sofa...and gets fatter.....
the third goes out, craps and then wanders round the garden for a bit to see if there is anything worth murdering and eats it then pukes in the kitchen..or if not comes back in and goes to sleep in the bedroom window, sporadically raising a metaphorical feline digit to the passers by.......
the 4th cat we have is a sphinx, bald as a coot, and thinks outside can damn well STAY outside, and never shall she and it meet.....

Wow, you have a house full Laughing
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Syl wrote:We live in different worlds.
My little cat Mini can see the odd dog off and so far no foxes have got to her, but we don't have wild coyotes.
She has spirit but there are limits to what she could handle.

Yeah dogs are different. Most of them are just acting tough.

A coyote is looking for dinner. I think a lot of American cats lose their life to coyotes because they just see them as another dog.

They don't run like hell when they see one, and realize too late, that this is not a pet.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:24 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

My little adopted cat, (we share her with the neighbours) was worse than bloody useless when we had a mouse problem a few years ago, I swear she wouldn't have twitched a whisker if one had danced in front of her, but to see her stalking the birds is wonderful. She never catches any, she is too old and out of condition, but al her instincts are still there. cat

We are strongly encouraged to keep cats inside here, not just for the wildlife they kill, but because of the wild life that kills them.

True. And here as well include the big birds of prey including owls. Too many friends have lost too many cats. Our 3 are indoors. We let them into the garage because they think it’s “outdoors”. We live near a wash and golf course and hear them howling at night.

Have seen a coyote take a small dog. Would never want to see that again.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:05 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

True. And here as well include the big birds of prey including owls. Too many friends have lost too many cats. Our 3 are indoors. We let them into the garage because they think it’s “outdoors”. We live near a wash and golf course and hear them howling at night.

Have seen a coyote take a small dog. Would never want to see that again.

In the Tucson Mts., west side of Tucson, my property was next to a big wash. A wash, in the desert, is a highway for animals. Mountain lions are always a problem.

I kept four dogs, which would pack and chase any javelinas or big cats away. Neighbors loved them. Now I understand Jaguars have returned to Tucson. Not sure four dogs would be sufficient for them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:13 am

a flock of chihuahuas apparently.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:21 am

Victorismyhero wrote:a flock of chihuahuas apparently.......

Haha...raised by Ben, I bet.

No, they were 3 Black Labs and one Doberman. The Labs were a mum and a poppa and one male off-spring called junior. The Dobbie was from a different line, obviously, but he was the fastest, with the greatest jaw strength, and led the attacks. His name was George Wilheim Friedrich Hegel, or Willie for short.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:48 am

Don’t let strangers pet your dog while out walking.
As scientists are now saying that covid19 can be
Linked through dogs.

I don’t know were these newspapers get this
bloody trash from. You won’t be letting strangers
pet your dog because they would be inside the 2 meter
rule.
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:19 pm

Star24 wrote:Don’t let strangers pet your dog while out walking.
As scientists are now saying that covid19 can be
Linked through dogs.

I don’t know were these newspapers get this
bloody trash from. You won’t be letting strangers
pet your dog because they would be inside the 2 meter
rule.

Correct. People seem to exempt pets from the distancing measures, but not the virus. As that Bronx zoo tiger evidences, all animals are subject to the virus.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:08 pm

This isn’t hearsay and I don’t normally mention these things but one of my best friends is a microbiologist (highly paid btw) who is working on the Coronavirus along with others at St Thomas’ hospital. She has told me that at least 80% of us have it (going on what she’s heard, discussed, etc).
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:58 am

eddie wrote:This isn’t hearsay and I don’t normally mention these things but one of my best friends is a microbiologist (highly paid btw) who is working on the Coronavirus along with others at St Thomas’ hospital.  She has told me that at least 80% of us have it (going on what she’s heard, discussed, etc).

I wouldn't be surprised.  It's range is from death, to negligible and not even noticeable.  That's why the death figures are so important.  But Trump refuses to test anyone, or provide the resources.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:32 am

eddie wrote:This isn’t hearsay and I don’t normally mention these things but one of my best friends is a microbiologist (highly paid btw) who is working on the Coronavirus along with others at St Thomas’ hospital.  She has told me that at least 80% of us have it (going on what she’s heard, discussed, etc).

You sure she didn't say 80% of will get it?

Because right now in the UK there has been about 335,000 tests administered and about 79,000 have come back positive.

That's not even close to 80%

Now I have heard that once we get to around 70 or 80% of the population having caught it, we will be near herd immunity.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:17 am

Maddog wrote:

Because right now in the UK there has been about 335,000 tests administered and about 79,000 have come back positive.

Now I have heard that once we get to around 70 or 80% of the population having caught it, we will be near herd immunity.  

except there have cases where people are recovering and then get it again

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:21 am

gelico wrote:
Maddog wrote:

except there have  cases where people are recovering and then get it again

I've read that. I wonder if there is some level that you can have it and it doesn't show up as a positive?

Another words, people never really 100% beat it, and they have relapses.

It is scary if more than a tiny fraction of the people can truly catch it twice and we don't develop herd immunity.

Then it's going to be a long fucking year until someone comes up with a vaccine.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:56 pm

I have read that a couple of drugs are proving to be very effective treatments...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:39 pm

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish has tested positive for Covid-19 but does not currently have any symptoms of the virus​.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-legend-kenny-dalglish-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-a4412271.html
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:52 pm

Tim Brooke Taylor has died because of it Sad
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I have read that a couple of drugs are proving to be very effective treatments...

Testing of treatments will take about 18-months.  You can rush the humans, but you can't rush the virus.  I'm more optimistic about looking for antigens, and seeking a vaccine.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:23 pm

Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread) - Page 18 3deeab10
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Testing of treatments will take about 18-months.  You can rush the humans, but you can't rush the virus.  I'm more optimistic about looking for antigens, and seeking a vaccine.

I was talking about some existing drugs used for other treatments... So already established and passed as safe for human use...

It is only newly created drugs/vaccines that have to go through the testing process to be deemed safe for human use...

There is also scientific/medical talk about the numbers of people thought to have a much higher resistance to this virus and recovery from this virus, who have had BCG vaccinations as children...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:11 pm

There's also those people who think Corvid 19 is just the newest man made or man manipulated virus to be unleashed on the world, Sars and Mers didn't quite do the job apparently, so that various measures can be put in place like social distancing and laws regarding civil liberties adusted during the pandemic and never re adusted or abolished, to more effectively control the population and deliver things like micro chips in the vaccine to know exactly where you are and even control your thoughts and actions.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:11 am

yeah vintage ...they are the same ones who need to be put in asylums.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:49 am

Vintage wrote:There's also those people who think Corvid 19 is just the newest man made or man manipulated virus to be unleashed on the world, Sars and Mers didn't quite do the job apparently, so that various measures can be put in place like social distancing and laws regarding civil liberties adusted during the pandemic and never re adusted or abolished, to more effectively control the population and deliver things like micro chips in the vaccine to know exactly where you are and even control your thoughts and actions.

Have you been spying on Arizona? Razz
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:36 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I was talking about some existing drugs used for other treatments... So already established and passed as safe for human use...

It is only newly created drugs/vaccines that have to go through the testing process to be deemed safe for human use...

There is also scientific/medical talk about the numbers of people thought to have a much higher resistance to this virus and recovery from this virus, who have had BCG vaccinations as children...

Ah, okay.  If you're talking about trial and error, wishing and hoping, try aspirin.  I think you'll find it is the cheapest pill around.  If it works, think of the money you'll save.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:40 am

Some of the old Antibiotics, not used for years, might be worth a try ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:53 am

sadly no Nicko, antibiotics dont work for viruses, only bacteria
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:52 am

I realised that after I posted it Vic, It's an age thing Embarassed
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:56 am

There are times when doctors will administer antibiotics when the patient has a virus , purely to prevent secondary bacterial  infections..
But as Vic  says, on their own, they are useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Ah, okay.  If you're talking about trial and error, wishing and hoping, try aspirin.  I think you'll find it is the cheapest pill around.  If it works, think of the money you'll save.

I was taking aspirin and paracetamol with codiene when I had it... And drinking hot water with fresh lemon and big spoon honey in it plus a soluble aspirin in it too which calmed down the sore throat quite a bit...

I was also drinking a few scrumpy jacks and beers in the evening and trying to eat spicy foods, although my appetite was zero, was forcing myself to eat a little bit.

But the specialists are saying that 'remdesivir' is showing to be effective... And artificial intelligence has come up with a suggestion to use 'Baricitinib' which is apparently an alternative treatment for arthritis but affects the way proteins work in cells..

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:40 pm

I like the Scrumpy idea, Used to go to Stratford-on-Avon when I had the chance, real Scrumpy with bits of Apple in it, deadly stuff !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I was taking aspirin and paracetamol with codiene when I had it... And drinking hot water with fresh lemon and big spoon honey in it plus a soluble aspirin in it too which calmed down the sore throat quite a bit...

I was also drinking a few scrumpy jacks and beers in the evening and trying to eat spicy foods, although my appetite was zero, was forcing myself to eat a little bit.

But the specialists are saying that 'remdesivir' is showing to be effective... And artificial intelligence has come up with a suggestion to use 'Baricitinib' which is apparently an alternative treatment for arthritis but affects the way proteins work in cells..

The specialists you are referring to are the Chinese. The China-Japan Friendship Hospital - Beijing, China and the Jin Yin-tan Hospital - Wuhan, China, are the ones testing remdesivir. Do you trust the Chinese? Some are saying they set loose the Trumpvirus.

Of course, the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command is also looking into remdesivir, but Trump has already told us that the US military is a bunch of buffoons. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:20 pm

What are 'COVID toes' and why are dermatologists seeing an 'epidemic' of them in kids?

Abby Haglage
April 20, 2020

The coronavirus has now infected more than 2.4 million people worldwide, causing a range of symptoms from fever and dry cough to the temporary loss of taste and smell. Now experts in the dermatology world are warning of a new potential sign of the virus which may have previously gone overlooked: an inflammation of blood vessels in the hands and feet that’s been nicknamed “COVID toes.”

Characterized by a reddish-blue discoloration of the extremities, the condition is proving particularly prevalent among kids. Amy Paller, MD, chair of the Department of Dermatology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine says that in the last few weeks, dermatologists nationwide have begun seeing an influx of the condition.

“We're having a little bit of a mini epidemic in the pediatric dermatology world with these ‘COVID toes and fingers’ — particularly in those in the second decade of life,” Paller tells Yahoo Life. “We're hearing about all of these cases just popping into practices across the country ... Every day I'm talking to another one of my colleagues who's seeing a patient.”

Jennifer Huang, MD, assistant professor of dermatology at Harvard Medical School and a member of the American Academy of Dermatology tells Yahoo Life she’s been seeing it too. “The history is often the same — that somebody was outside not wearing warm socks or gloves and then they get these painful bumps,” says Huang. “So it’s super interesting that we're seeing many more cases of this over the last couple of weeks. I'm in Boston where it’s still cold but it's April now, and many of us are seeing a lot more cases. And that seems to be true in other areas of the country where COVID-19 is really raging or surging.”

As cases of the unexpected new symptom continue to appear, here are is what you need to know.

The technical term for the condition is pernio
Latin for the word “frostbite,” pernio is a condition defined by the National Institutes of Health as “itchy and/or tender red or purple bumps that occur as a reaction to cold.” Typically appearing within hours of exposure to frigid temperatures, the bumps can lead to more painful skin reactions such as “blistering, pustules, scabs and ulceration.” Less than 200,000 cases are recorded each year in the U.S.

“It happens in healthy people but sometimes it can happen in autoimmune conditions, most commonly lupus,” says Huang. The condition can be caused by a variety of conditions, including eating disorders, celiac disease, viral hepatitis and HIV. Huang says it has not been linked to other coronaviruses.

It’s typically seen during the winter months
Part of the odd nature of the current “mini-epidemic” of pernio among kids, according to Paller, is the timing. “Pernio shows up for those of us who live in Northern climates in January, February, in the middle of winter,” says Paller. “It's a cold-induced phenomenon where the blood vessels that are in these areas ... like the toes and fingers, will tend to have a spasm of these very peripheral vessels.”

“It’s an inflammation around the blood vessels, kind of as a response to cold temperatures,” adds Huang. “It typically happens during the wintertime or if someone's not wearing adequate clothing when they're outside and they will get these painful bumps that will appear and will usually go away within a span of a week or two.”

Treatment usually involves keeping the extremities warm
The condition generally goes away on its own, but Huang and Paller say that certain medicines — as well as heat — can be used to lessen the irritation. “We tend to treat it by addressing the discomfort and trying to dilate vessels with [blood pressure] medications like nifedipine, for example,” says Paller. “And of course in that situation, trying to really keep the hands and feet warm.” With COVID-19, which may be causing the condition in the absence of frigid temperatures, it’s more complicated. “You know, our usual technique of trying to keep things warm is probably not going to do much here,” Paller adds.

It may be a sign of asymptomatic COVID-19 patients
The first reports about pernio occurring in kids with COVID-19 came from Italy in late March, where case reports detail the painful red blisters and sores developing. It’s a large part of the reason why American dermatologists are suspecting a potential link between the sudden rise in the condition amid COVID-19. “These are often otherwise perfectly healthy kids with very mild symptoms — and frankly, because it’s hard to get some these tests still, we don’t know for sure that they have COVID-19,” says Paller. “So I think we're going to learn a lot more in the next week or two or month.”

“In the last week, I've probably seen five patients with it ... So there's something there,” says Huang. “We think that it is associated with COVID-19 and we think that they are either asymptomatic carriers ... or that it could be part of a convalescent-phase where you COVID-19 and you're developing these symptoms later ... we’re trying to get them tested.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/covid-toes-why-dermatologists-seeing-epidemic-kids-135948618.html?.tsrc=notification-brknews

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:35 pm

As of today the death toll passes 20,000 in the UK, if you want to know what that looks like, the o2 arena holds 20,000....

Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread) - Page 18 72167110
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 pm

eddie wrote:As of today the death toll passes 20,000 in the UK, if you want to know what that looks like, the o2 arena holds 20,000....

Jesus Christ.

Big numbers are hard for people to imagine. That really helps you visualize it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 pm

eddie wrote:As of today the death toll passes 20,000 in the UK, if you want to know what that looks like, the o2 arena holds 20,000....

Sad
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 pm

Just another comparison photo. This is the crowd at Obama's 2009 inauguration, estimated at 1.8 million people:

Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread) - Page 18 GettyImages_84374977

A million MORE people than that crowd have been confirmed to have been infected with the coronavirus.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:37 pm

The US tops 1-million ill with the Covid-19 virus, today, Tuesday, April 28, 2020.  Almost 60,000 dead. At that point we'll have surpassed the dead of the Vietnam War.

As New York governor Andrew Cuomo said, Where were the bugles?

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:The US tops 1-million ill with the Covid-10 virus, today, Tuesday, April 28, 2020.  Already 60,000-plus dead.

Covid-10...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:The US tops 1-million ill with the Covid-10 virus, today, Tuesday, April 28, 2020.  Already 60,000-plus dead.

Covid-10...?

Yes, when I get to flying on the keyboard, that happens.  Note that the '9' and '0' are right next to one another.

I'll change it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Hope...

Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread) - Page 18 Someth10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:25 pm

Talking to a mate yesterday who says he thinks he has had it too... Chronic fatigue, aches and pains, said for 2 days of it he didn't get out of bed, also said he couldn't breathe properly and said it felt like his lungs were stuck together...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:46 pm

I feel like that every day, and I'm not joking !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Unemployment in the US (due to covid-19) tops 30-million.  Kushner calls the WH measures to be huge success.

75,000 deaths is a 'huge success'?  Like the Vietnam war was a huge success!  Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 4:52 pm

Unemployment in the US has risen to the highest level since the Great Depression.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 9:37 pm

The second member of the White House staff to come down with Covid-19, is Katy Miller, wife of Stephen Miller...architect of the immigrant death-march, of Central Americans seeking asylum at our southern border.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:57 am

Coronavirus updates (gelico's original thread) - Page 18 Fact_c10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:44 pm

Herman Cain, former GOP presidential candidate and strong supporter of Donald Trump, has died from Covid-19.  Cain, 74, a black businessman, had been hospitalized since early July after he began having trouble breathing.  Just 3 days ago, he was posting: "doctors say other organs and systems are strong" and that "re-strengthening the lungs is a long and slow process, and the doctors want to be thorough about it." The post added, "He really is getting better, which means it is working."

Cain contracted the corona virus after attending the Trump Tulsa rally on June 20, 2020.  Cain fell ill shortly after the rally and he was hospitalized for about a month ... getting oxygen treatments.  

I remember, at the time of the rally, Oklahoma was in the grips of a spike in corona virus cases.  Trump insisted the rally go forward, and reports surfaced that the Trump campaign workers asked Tulsa venue organizers to remove social distancing signs.
https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/30/herman-cain-dead-dies-74-sick-covid-19-attending-trump-rally/

The President tweeted: "My friend Herman Cain, a Powerful Voice of Freedom and all that is good, passed away this morning. Herman had an incredible career and was adored by everyone that ever met him, especially me. He was a very special man, an American Patriot, and great friend."  The President admitted no responsibility for his rally's part in the death.

Cain posed for a photo at the rally without wearing a face mask.  It had a caption that read, "Here’s just a few of the #BlackVoicesForTrump at tonight’s rally! Having a fantastic time!"

RIP, good-time Hermie.  Don't say you weren't warned.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next