NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year'

+8
The Devil, You Know
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
Eilzel
Maddog
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year' Empty Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year'

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Greta Thunberg sits in silence in the cabin of the boat that will take her across the Atlantic Ocean. Inside, there’s a cow skull hanging on the wall, a faded globe, a child’s yellow raincoat. Outside, it’s a tempest: rain pelts the boat, ice coats the decks, and the sea batters the vessel that will take this slight girl, her father and a few companions from Virginia to Portugal. For a moment, it’s as if Thunberg were the eye of a hurricane, a pool of resolve at the center of swirling chaos. In here, she speaks quietly. Out there, the entire natural world seems to amplify her small voice, screaming along with her.

“We can’t just continue living as if there was no tomorrow, because there is a tomorrow,” she says, tugging on the sleeve of her blue sweatshirt. “That is all we are saying.”

It’s a simple truth, delivered by a teenage girl in a fateful moment. The sailboat, La Vagabonde, will shepherd Thunberg to the Port of Lisbon, and from there she will travel to Madrid, where the United Nations is hosting this year’s climate conference. It is the last such summit before nations commit to new plans to meet a major deadline set by the Paris Agreement. Unless they agree on transformative action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the world’s temperature rise since the Industrial Revolution will hit the 1.5°C mark—an eventuality that scientists warn will expose some 350 million additional people to drought and push roughly 120 million people into extreme poverty by 2030. For every fraction of a degree that temperatures increase, these problems will worsen. This is not fearmongering; this is science.

https://time.com/person-of-the-year-2019-greta-thunberg/

What a fantastic choice!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year' Empty Re: Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year'

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Yawn...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year' Empty Re: Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year'

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:12 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Yawn...

Idea

Poor li'l Tommykins...

Self-declared "genius" with an I.Q. of 637,916.45..

And he still can't manage to put an intelligent sentence together.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:54 am

It's better than their 1938 man of the year I guess. Razz
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:00 am

Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year' Fb_img36
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:33 am

Why do so many grown men hate this little girl so much? Are their egos so fragile?

She kept an important issue in the spot light, and arguably thrust it ahead of everything else in a world that constantly lets other, less important things, get in the way.

Sometimes sending a message matters.

Which brings me to maddogs post. I heard about this guy a few months ago (before his success was hijacked by those looking to throw internet stones at little girls). Pretty sure Boyan would not seek to be used this way, nor that he made the discovery he did for the sake of fame or the spotlight.

Different people do different things to make a difference. It isn't a contest.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:46 am

Eilzel wrote:Why do so many grown men hate this little girl so much? Are their egos so fragile?

She kept an important issue in the spot light, and arguably thrust it ahead of everything else in a world that constantly lets other, less important things, get in the way.

Which brings me to maddogs post. I heard about this guy a few months ago (before his success was hijacked by those looking to throw internet stones at little girls). Pretty sure Boyan would not seek to be used this way, nor that he made the discovery he did for the sake of fame or the spotlight.

Men? I think you will find a number of people whether male or female, that believe she is being used by her parents more to make more a political view point over that of a climate change one

People have a right to challenge whether she should win an award

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, if they believe others are more deserving

It was the media that did more than anything to catapult this young lady into the starlight

The fact is people are awarded based on a subjective view around who is the best person. Ergo from a competitive view point.

So yeah she has helped bring this to the attention of a number of people

Which if nothing happens off that, then what then has she actually achieved?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:58 am

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Why do so many grown men hate this little girl so much? Are their egos so fragile?

Men? I think you will find a number of people whether male or female, that believe she is being used by her parents more to make more a political view point over that of a climate change one

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, if they believe others are more deserving

It was the media that did more than anything to catapult this young lady into the starlight

The fact is people are awarded based on a subjective view around who is the best person. Ergo from a competitive view point.

Then she tried. Which is better than not taking an interest. Jeez, people endlessly deride young people for not getting involved, for apathy, for showing interest in nothing but social media likes. Then one gains prominence for an angry speech about climate change and those same people attacking young people for apathy turn it on them for talking about things that matter.

Should she shut up and focus on only studying and social media instead?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:01 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Then she tried. Which is better than not taking an interest. Jeez, people endlessly deride young people for not getting involved, for apathy, for showing interest in nothing but social media likes. Then one gains prominence for an angry speech about climate change and those same people attacking young people for apathy turn it on them for talking about things that matter.

Should she shut up and focus on only studying and social media instead?

Yeah she tried, but to me. That does not deserve person of the year award

Real change to me is what counts and it has nothing to do with her age either

Could care less what she does with her life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:46 am

Mine is a reaction that will win me little support here, not that I am "bovvered" about that...just keep the reds coming; I wear 'em as a badge of pride.

I find her a  posturing, pretentious little muppet with her permanent ill-tempered scowl and ridiculous talk of "her childhood being stolen" as a young girl who is being propelled far too early and unprepared for a life of celebrity and even notoriety by eminences grises determined to exploit her childhood innocence as a vehicle for the promulgation of their own political agendas.

And before the usual holier-than-thou suspects start ranting on again about my supposed climate change denial, no,  I am nothing of the sort: Anyone who tries to deny that there is climate change is a fool. Its effect are painfully obvious, and they are getting worse and we must do everything we can to slow the trend and prepare early for a vastly changed environment and way of life.

But as someone with an arts as opposed to science academic background even I know that our climate has changed time and time again over this earth's four and a half billion year old history...and that it will continue to do so. Where I live, in rural England about as far away from the sea that it is possible to get, we find evidence of this once being a tropical ocean bed.

Low-lying islands and coastal areas are still disappearing under the sea - the latest incident occurred only recently in Suffolk about 100 miles from where I live - and new land is being created all the time by volcanic activity. And we have all just seen from the tragedy in New Zealand  exactly what those things can do,.

'Twas ever thus, and will ever be so...but I would much prefer real scientists to warn me about it and advise me on what we can all to to mitigate the effects to the best of our ability, and not some globe-trotting, carbon footprint-laying teenage kid who thinks that her hectoring and insulting attitude towards adults makes her some sort of earthly saviour.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Maddog wrote:Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year' Fb_img36
Rolling Eyes

You do realise that second story is a bullshit "greenwash" beat up...

The two biggest oceanic 'plastic waste dumps' are in the Pacific..

And still growing bigger by the day.

That bullshit story is simply an almighty lying piece of crappola --  that carpetbagger shyster story's corporate polluter sponsors are simply out to disguise their own bastardry..

While the real world continues to 'go to hell in a handbasket'...

Meanwhile,  that pollution that his corporate criminal backers are just beginning to clean up, will have zero impact on continuing 'climate change'..  All those bastards are accomplishing is to further turn the likes of DopeyDawg and Dodger against the protestors, further enabling the corporate polluters a little more day-by-day.

Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year' 3177564460
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:46 pm

No one hates her Mr Strawman.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Mine is a reaction that will win me little support here, not that I am "bovvered" about that...just keep the reds coming; I wear 'em as a badge of pride.

I find her a  posturing, pretentious little muppet with her permanent ill-tempered scowl and ridiculous talk of "her childhood being stolen" as a young girl who is being propelled far too early and unprepared for a life of celebrity and even notoriety by eminences grises determined to exploit her childhood innocence as a vehicle for the promulgation of their own political agendas.

And before the usual holier-than-thou suspects start ranting on again about my supposed climate change denial, no,  I am nothing of the sort: Anyone who tries to deny that there is climate change is a fool. Its effect are painfully obvious, and they are getting worse and we must do everything we can to slow the trend and prepare early for a vastly changed environment and way of life.

But as someone with an arts as opposed to science academic background even I know that our climate has changed time and time again over this earth's four and a half billion year old history...and that it will continue to do so. Where I live, in rural England about as far away from the sea that it is possible to get, we find evidence of this once being a tropical ocean bed.

Low-lying islands and coastal areas are still disappearing under the sea - the latest incident occurred only recently in Suffolk about 100 miles from where I live - and new land is being created all the time by volcanic activity. And we have all just seen from the tragedy in New Zealand  exactly what those things can do,.

'Twas ever thus, and will ever be so...but I would much prefer real scientists to warn me about it and advise me on what we can all to to mitigate the effects to the best of our ability, and not some globe-trotting, carbon footprint-laying teenage kid who thinks that her hectoring and insulting attitude towards adults makes her some sort of earthly saviour.

As a father to 3 daughters, I'm familiar with the theatrics of teenage girls. It's something to be endured, not promoted. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:26 pm

She is a puppet and a pretentious twat... plus she talks utter shite!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Maddog wrote:Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year' Fb_img36

Media not interested, eh?

Then how come I get at least 10 pages of Google News search results from typing in Boyan Slat, despite the fact that his big breakthrough is now seven years old?

https://www.google.com/search?q=boyan+slat&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS831US832&sxsrf=ACYBGNQ9GCfdHiEuj_aHZEe68NkeAEHyuA:1576183393694&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi1uKDa_LDmAhWFAZ0JHUuSBWQQ_AUoAXoECA8QAw&biw=1794&bih=475
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Erm, right, so that’s an emotional response, how about an intelligent one?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:08 pm

I don't actually understand why anybody would have really strong feelings about what she does -- positive feelings or negative feelings. She's just speaking out about climate change, like many other people do. She's not a hero, she's not a villain. She's just speaking out about an issue that is important to her.

I think anybody who gets really angry about her must feel threatened.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

I don't actually understand why anybody would have really strong feelings about what she does -- positive feelings or negative feelings. She's just speaking out about climate change, like many other people do. She's not a hero, she's not a villain. She's just speaking out about an issue that is important to her.

Totally agree.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:28 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

No... it's my honest and genuine opinion...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

No... it's my honest and genuine opinion...!

I know it’s your honest and genuine opinion, but I want to know WHY you think that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Maddog wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:Mine is a reaction that will win me little support here, not that I am "bovvered" about that...just keep the reds coming; I wear 'em as a badge of pride.

As a father to 3 daughters, I'm familiar with the theatrics of teenage girls.  It's something to be endured, not promoted.  Wink

Too true. And it's also patently obvious to anyone with even a basic knowledge of broadcast interview techniques that she is being intensively coached.

This raises some pertinent questions: Who? Why? Where is the money coming from? (This sort of global messianic evangelism doesn't come cheap.) What, if any, attention to or even interest in this child's essential education and preparation for adult life in an unforgiving world is being provided?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:12 pm

Her parents are rich and famous... as well as being hypocritical eco mentalists... (her mother especially)...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Why is she being paraded and shipped around the globe, and now put on the cover of Time magazine?

Are you saying she is just like Cindy, in 10th grade at Topeka High?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:03 am

adolph hitler was times person of the year in 1938. He also liked Aryan girls with pigtails
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:12 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:adolph hitler was times person of the year in 1938. He also liked Aryan girls with pigtails

Because Man of the Year and then Person of the Year was never the magazine's vote for Best Person of This Year, it was always about the most influential, shit-stirring person whose name was on the tongues of at least half the people in the world.

That's why Trump got the same cover just a few years ago. You think Time was comparing him to Hitler as well?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:14 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Why is she being paraded and shipped around the globe, and now put on the cover of Time magazine?

Are you saying she's not? And if so, how is she different? Other than being paraded around the world and put on the cover of magazines, which is obviously because of her message.

Or is there some conspiracy to make Greta Thunberg famous or some shit?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:23 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Are you saying she's not? And if so, how is she different? Other than being paraded around the world and put on the cover of magazines, which is obviously because of her message.

Not only does Boyan Slat have the same message but he has more knowledge. Furthermore, he has actively made progress in tackling it which is more than she has. why is he not feted around the world, shipped here there and everywhere to make speeches? why haven't Time shown his face instead of the perpetually scowling Greta. Why no mention in any news articles, or papers. why no interviews?

i know he doesn't have pigtails and go around shouting at people but still,,,,,,

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:42 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I didn't see Cindy on the cover of a magazine and having wealthy people transport her around the globe.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:51 am

She is being used as political cover for adults. She is given a message to promote, then the grown ups hide behind her and chastise anyone that doesn't fawn all over her.

Is she a kid or not? Can't tell people to back off of her, while she is attacking people.

Minor's are afforded extra protection under the law for a very good reason. They aren't developed enough and need to be protected. Well, many expect adults to leave her alone because of her young age, then expect people to turn around and acknowledge her as some sort of expert at 16.

It reminds me of a girl punching a guy and then expecting the guy to not retaliate because she's a girl. At some point, that shit won't fly.

You want to get into the ring? Expect to get hit.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:22 am

gelico wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Not only does Boyan Slat have the same message but he has more knowledge.  Furthermore, he has actively made progress in tackling it which is more than she has.  why is he not feted around the world, shipped here there and everywhere to make speeches?  why haven't Time shown his face instead of the perpetually scowling Greta.  Why no mention in any news articles, or papers.  why no interviews?

i know he doesn't have pigtails and go around shouting at people but still,,,,,,
Rolling Eyes

More bullshit from the peanut gallery...

Gelico is displaying her ignorance here, once again jumping on the polluters greenwash parade..

Greta Thunberg lobbies over climate change.

While Gelico's current favourite wet dream doesn't --  by championing a different person in a totally different "sphere of influence" with regard to 'environmental activism', Gelico and that ignoramus Maddog are simply helping the corporatist polluters in their ongoing attempts to deflect attention away from accelerating 'climate change'.

As I pointed out earlier, that non-story that Gelico and Dopey' are pushing is total bullshit anyway --
Won't affect current global warming/cooling trends;
While also not affecting the bigger plastic pollution problems in the Pacific --  4 or 5 times the Atlantic & Indian Ocean dumps combined..

By even peddling those misleading greenwash propaganda memes to start with,  Gelico and the fuckwit Maddog are simply showing us their idiotic anti-science, climate-denialist, pro-corporatist suckup mentalities...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
adolph hitler was times person of the year in 1938. He also liked Aryan girls with pigtails
Rolling Eyes

Once again, you prove just what a know-nothing fucktard you are, DYKbrain...

Time's MOT goes to the person, organisation or event that their staff committee has chosen to be the most influential for this past year,  in their opinion..

No real surprise to witness DYKnose joining his fellow climate-denying anti-science corporate-suckup comrades on here, out to bash down a mere teenage girl --  DYKhead has finally found someone his own size to attempt to bully around.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:38 am

'Wolfie wrote:
gelico wrote:

Not only does Boyan Slat have the same message but he has more knowledge.  Furthermore, he has actively made progress in tackling it which is more than she has.  why is he not feted around the world, shipped here there and everywhere to make speeches?  why haven't Time shown his face instead of the perpetually scowling Greta.  Why no mention in any news articles, or papers.  why no interviews?

Rolling Eyes

Gelico is displaying her ignorance here, once again jumping on the polluters greenwash parade..

While Gelico's current favourite wet dream doesn't --  by championing a different person in a totally different "sphere of influence" with regard to 'environmental activism', Gelico and that ignoramus Maddog are simply helping the corporatist polluters in their ongoing attempts to deflect attention away from accelerating 'climate change'.

As I pointed out earlier, that non-story that Gelico and Dopey' are pushing is total bullshit anyway --
While also not affecting the bigger plastic pollution problems in the Pacific --  4 or 5 times the Atlantic & Indian Ocean dumps combined..

By even peddling those misleading greenwash propaganda memes to start with,  Gelico and the fuckwit Maddog are simply showing us their idiotic anti-science, climate-denialist, pro-corporatist suckup mentalities...

#triggered

Twisted Evil

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:45 am

'Wolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Time's MOT goes to the person, organisation or event that their staff committee has chosen to be the most influential for this past year,  in their opinion..

No real surprise to witness DYKnose joining his fellow climate-denying anti-science corporate-suckup comrades on here, out to bash down a mere teenage girl --  DYKhead has finally found someone his own size to attempt to bully around.
are you denying that time didn't make adolph hitler man of the year in 1938, or are you denying that hitler didn't like Aryan girls with pigtails.

you would probably have a lot in common with adolph
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:56 am

Wolf, shut the fuck up and stop with the insults, I said earlier you know fuck all about British Politics and I'v been proved right.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:23 am

gelico wrote:
'Wolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

#triggered

Twisted Evil
Rolling Eyes

Being "triggered"  by your corporatist arrogance and DopeyDawg's pro-polluter ignorance  ???

Is that really something for you to be celebrating, gellibelli  ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:27 am

'Wolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

are you denying that time didn't make adolph hitler man of the year in 1938, or are you denying that hitler didn't like Aryan girls with pigtails.

Rolling Eyes

Show me where I have "denied" anything,  DYKface...

Can't, can you, you snivelling little weasel --  because I haven't..

You're the moronic fucktard trying to bring Hitler into this discussion..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:51 am

There you go Members, what more proof do you need !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:10 am

nicko wrote:There you go Members, what more proof do you need !

Oh, don't be too hard on him Nicko. His histrionic rantings frequently give me my only belly laughs on dull and dreary days. And after all, being a village idiot is an ancient and honourable occupation.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:09 pm

'Wolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

pointing out hitler was man of the year in 1938 is pointing out that time is not a fount of all knowledge but gets it wrong spectacularly. you may be fooled by a 16 year old puppet, most of us aren't
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:10 pm

'Wolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year' Tenor
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:48 pm

OK enough is enough, is there a Mod with enough guts to ban or Basin this foul mouthed member ? I'll take bets there isn't !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:50 pm

'Wolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

pointing out hitler was man of the year in 1938 is pointing out that time is not a fount of all knowledge but gets it wrong spectacularly. you may be fooled by a 16 year old puppet, most of us aren't

I realize you need to say that falsehood for your argument to work, but ...

The criterion is “the person or persons who most affected the news and our lives, for good or ill, and embodied what was important about the year.” A lot of news is bad news and a lot of people who make bad news are very powerful people. TIME’s editors aren’t immune to that reality. Famously, they named Hitler in 1938 and Stalin in 1939 and again in 1942. These were men who had a huge impact, not just in those years but over the entire century. It’s easy to stand by those choices, looking back. Arguably you could do a bad guy every year and be justified.

https://time.com/3626016/person-of-the-year-faq/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 pm

Wolf, can’t you reply without sounding like an angry teenage girl with PMT?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:52 pm

eddie wrote:Wolf, can’t you reply without sounding like an angry teenage girl with PMT?

Is that a serious question?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Wolf, can’t you reply without sounding like an angry teenage girl with PMT?

Is that a serious question?

I only ever ask serious questions. Trouble is, people don’t like answering them. Noticed that?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:42 pm

The question is here, in regards to a young girl. Who's intentions are good. Who has actually changed nothing or swayed governments. Or even offered a viable solution to the issue of global warming. Is then deserving of an award

Is the young 6 year old that sells lemonade that ends up feeding the homeless, less deserving? At least no matter how small makes a difference

I do not hate here and actually fear for her mental health, but what has she actually done? What policies have changed due to her?

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:06 am

'Wolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Greta Thunberg named Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year' Tenor
Rolling Eyes

You think it's clever and smart to point out that I have been "triggered" by the outright fucking lies and deflective propoganda that you and your brain-fucked cohorts keep posting on here ?

Afraid not, fucktard..

All you are doing here is demonstrating further just what a truly nasty and vacuous piece of shit you truly are.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:14 am

nicko wrote:OK enough is enough, is there a Mod with enough guts to ban or Basin this foul mouthed member ?  I'll take bets there isn't !
Rolling Eyes

Fuck off, you senile old fool...

All I'm doing now, is defending myself against TD,YK's abusive insults;   after defending the thread against DopeyDawg's outright lies..

And you're so pathetically arrogant, that all you want to do is to "shoot the messenger", you sycophantic little turd.

If it's anyone you should want basemented, it's that disgusting piece of detritus DYK --  but you're too much of a slimy spineless bastard to ever consider doing what's 'right and proper', for a change..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:15 am

Thorin wrote:The question is here, in regards to a young girl. Who's intentions are good. Who has actually changed nothing or swayed governments. Or even offered a viable solution to the issue of global warming. Is then deserving of an award

It's not an award or honor.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:16 am

'Wolfie wrote:
nicko wrote:OK enough is enough, is there a Mod with enough guts to ban or Basin this foul mouthed member ?  I'll take bets there isn't !
Rolling Eyes

Fuck off, you senile old fool...

All I'm doing now, is defending myself against TD,YK's abusive insults;   after defending the thread against DopeyDawg's outright lies..

And you're so pathetically arrogant, that all you want to do is to "shoot the messenger", you sycophantic little turd.

If it's anyone you should want basemented, it's that disgusting piece of detritus DYK --  but you're too much of a slimy spineless bastard to ever consider doing what's 'right and proper', for a change..

Okay, calm down, Wolfie. You've already been asked once. Next time we won't be as patient.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next