NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs that remind you of a person, place, time... #2

+2
Ben Reilly
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Songs that remind you of a person, place, time... #2 Empty Songs that remind you of a person, place, time... #2

Post by eddie Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:57 pm

My dude I love you
For the fun times in the fun house..with the dancing and the laughter and the smiles.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Songs that remind you of a person, place, time... #2 Empty Re: Songs that remind you of a person, place, time... #2

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:00 am

eddie wrote:My dude  I love you
For the fun times in the fun house..with the dancing and the laughter and the smiles.

Can't have one without the other!

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Songs that remind you of a person, place, time... #2 Empty Re: Songs that remind you of a person, place, time... #2

Post by eddie Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:57 pm

This song reminds me of a place of employment and a guy I worked with. He used to sing this to me and when I asked why he said I reminded him of the woman in the song.
It’s hardly flattering but I fell in love with the song.
I never liked him though, he turned out to be a wanker. He cheated on his wife.

Anyway, the song is fabulous, the lyrics are great and the voice is beautiful.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 am

This one reminds me of you and me and a particular mood we seem to get into at times Wink

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:30 am

Hell yes.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:01 am

Tex.
Thank you for being so many things at so many different times and for keeping up with my chaos and for letting me see yours.
Thank you for being my friend first and for always..even though it took us years to move way past friendship and into something way, way deeper.

And for everyone here on NF who has a true friend, a mirror and a compliment to their very soul....A simple song for you.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:39 am

Cockney Rebel - Here comes the sun. It reminds me of the summer of 1976 when I went youth hostelling.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:41 am

The Wombles! Reminds me of when I went ice skating and they played it several times.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:54 am

Local discos in the early '70s.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:41 am

"Fields of Gold" making love to a Farmers Daughter in a field of Barley. Bloody Grains got everywhere !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:32 am

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:34 am

God, I love you.
Great song. You win.

Whatever.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:35 am

eddie wrote:God, I love you.
Great song. You win.

Whatever.

I love you too.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:48 pm

This song reminds me of when in my teens at the Conquering Hero, with one of my best mates Kate...

The amount of times we would sing this and other songs in the pub. Great times.

Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNS6D4hSQdA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:05 pm

This song sums up me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAeotgCHL3E

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:50 pm

Some great songs on this page...Seals 'Kiss from a rose' is one of my all time favourite tunes.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:34 pm

This song is devoted to Ben and Eddie

Apparantly this makes me a groomer.... scratch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AFMVMl9qE

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 pm

/\ Razz

Well I am gonna be a trouble maker instead of a groomer. This is for Quill. Twisted Evil

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Syl wrote:/\ Razz

Well I am gonna be a trouble maker instead of a groomer. This is for Quill. Twisted Evil

Oh come on Syl, this would have been better.... Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFu3YzRnyDU

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Haha....I love Pink.
and....

Last edited by Syl on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Syl wrote:Haha....I love Pink.

Me too and this is my fav

Could be your anthem Syl and I mean this in a good way

May i declare here now, for the record and for Quill's benefit, I am not groooming you here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3GkSo3ujSY

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:33 pm

I added a song to my last post.

Perfect, is a very deep song ...I cant identify with it in any way, but thanks for the thought Didge. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Syl wrote:I added a song to my last post.

Perfect, is a very deep song ...I cant identify with it in any way, but thanks for the thought Didge. x

Interesting, as how can you not identify, with being perect, as you are???????

I think everyone should identify with that

xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Here we go then, you'll have to imagine this, Mr. Tambourine Man, when but a slip of a girl, Radio One came to our local disco, the one my friends and I used to frequent. My colleagues at work and I had a wonderful boss and as long as you got your work done you could stay a liitle later at lunch for birthdays etc. Anyway he actually let us have two hours that day and manned the office himself while we went to the disco and the Radio One broadcast. As I was the only one who went there normally, I was given the task of getting our request played and the dedication read out, luckily the disco d.j. recognised me and took our request up on stage and it was read out the music was Mr. Tamourine Man. It a memory of a wonderful time in music and in general in my life. Not very exciting folks but that's me in a nut shell.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Vintage wrote:Here we go then, you'll have to imagine this, Mr. Tambourine Man, when but a slip of a girl, Radio One came to our local disco, the one my friends and I used to frequent. My colleagues at work and I had a wonderful boss and as long as you got your work done you could stay a liitle later at lunch for birthdays etc. Anyway he actually let us have two hours that day and manned the office himself while we went to the disco and the Radio One broadcast. As I was the only one who went there normally, I was given the task of getting our request played and the dedication read out, luckily the disco d.j. recognised me and took our request up on stage and it was read out the music was Mr. Tamourine Man. It a memory of a wonderful time in music and in general in my life. Not very exciting folks but that's me in a nut shell.

You see I love that Vintage

That is real personal history

I adore that, but please do not take that, as me grooming you, for Quill's sake.... Rolling Eyes

Just ffor you

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 am

See? What a great thread! cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:11 am

Perhaps I’ll be accused of being ‘soppy’ but do I care? Nope.

This song really means something to me and my husband.

For two whole years all we had were words. Written words to each other on Facebook messenger. Five hours a day, seven days a week.
We would send each other songs and play the most stupid word games.

We never called each other on the phone or video chatted once.
We just had words.

Sometimes, we wanted to push each other away so we used our words cruelly and cleverly and fucking angrily.

I want to prove to you all, that sometimes, you can know someone more in this way than anyone you meet in a pub, at work, at a social gathering. Because when you meet someone face to face there’s always some guard up.

I knew Ben for three years as a forum member and co-admin and we didn’t always see eye to eye. We still don’t.
We fell in love because there was never any single pretence - we were just friends and words were all we had.

I’m waffling now and what I really want to say is this:

Words are really vital, if we use them wisely and honestly, without pretence, then I think you can build solid foundations with people.
A real, raw conversation isn’t always pretty, but it’s the only way to reach into a person’s soul.

Okay, this song sums up the very beginning of my journey with my Texan dude. It’s very special to us and I hope you get the meaning of the song which applies to all humans....

Really.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:18 am

Actually I think that is beautiful and magical Eddie

You could say the power of song, is what is at the heart of your relationship

So much so it now binds you together, when apart

I think this song is now called for

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:20 am

That song is so happy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:27 am

eddie wrote:That song is so happy.

The lyrics here, are Ben singing to you    Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 am

The Ben and Eddie anthem

Hope you both stay gold

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:33 am

That is so nice. Though I have to be fair, sometimes I am chaotic and noisy and fly off into never land...

Hahahaha I’m off to bed. I’m picking him up at 11:30am tomorrow.

Laters didgers. Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:35 am

eddie wrote:That is so nice. Though I have to be fair, sometimes I am chaotic and noisy and fly off into never land...

Hahahaha I’m off to bed. I’m picking him up at 11:30am tomorrow.

Laters didgers. Wink

lol night Eddie

You have got me in what Rags calls a soppy mood

This one is for Ben  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:44 am

Eddie's anthem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:07 am

I dedicate this song for Ben and if this makes me soppy, I will wear that badge with pride   Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvkjuEAwgU

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:37 pm

eddie wrote:
Perhaps I’ll be accused of being ‘soppy’ but do I care? Nope.

This song really means something to me and my husband.

For two whole years all we had were words. Written words to each other on Facebook messenger. Five hours a day, seven days a week.
We would send each other songs and play the most stupid word games.

We never called each other on the phone or video chatted once.
We just had words.

Sometimes, we wanted to push each other away so we used our words cruelly and cleverly and fucking angrily.  

I want to prove to you all, that sometimes, you can know someone more in this way than anyone you meet in a pub, at work, at a social gathering. Because when you meet someone face to face there’s always some guard up.

I knew Ben for three years as a forum member and co-admin and we didn’t always see eye to eye. We still don’t.
We fell in love because there was never any single pretence - we were just friends and words were all we had.

I’m waffling now and what I really want to say is this:

Words are really vital, if we use them wisely and honestly, without pretence, then I think you can build solid foundations with people.
A real, raw conversation isn’t always pretty, but it’s the only way to reach into a person’s soul.

Okay, this song sums up the very beginning of my journey with my Texan dude. It’s very special to us and I hope you get the meaning of the song which applies to all humans....

Really.

And sometimes someone says something so beautiful that you have no words.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Well, you know me, have to get to the heart of it all.
Just like you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:12 am

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:40 am

For anybody who's ever been (dragged kicking and screaming) in(to) love.

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:47 am

Hahahahahaha. Touché.

You crazy motherfuckin psycho.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:23 pm

I think you two will always have words for each other, I bet time wont dry them up.
Words are probably the next best thing to sex in a relationship, and they possibly hold more power than anything else.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Syl wrote:I think you two will always have words for each other, I bet time wont dry them up.
Words are probably the next best thing to sex in a relationship, and they possibly  hold more power than anything else.

Ah the words. They started. Thy became. They never stop.
Good and bad, dark and light, day and night.

You’re very, very, accurate Syl. I love you
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Something to be said for falling in love with someones mind before you fall for their physical self.
The mind grows, the physical fades and gets worn, if you are not in tandem with your OH,s mind, you may find that there is not much left when the physical appearance has changed.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Syl wrote:Something to be said for falling in love with someones mind before you fall for their physical self.
The mind grows, the physical fades and gets worn, if you are not in tandem with your OH,s mind, you may find that there is not much left when the physical appearance has changed.

Absolutely agree.

Know what is irritating though?

Ben is such a morning person....bright, alert, chatty (hey honey did you know that kangaroo’s...)

Me....not so much. Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down