NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007

4 posters

Go down

‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007 Empty ‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:22 am

‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007 2019_gretasimpsonscomp_2000x1270-1220x775

The Simpsons has yet again predicted the future after a clip from the show’s 2007 movie saw Lisa Simpson give almost the exact same speech on climate change as Greta Thunberg.

On Monday (September 23), Thunberg delivered an emotive speech at the United Nations where she called out world leaders for their inaction on climate change. You can read the full speech here.

Now, a clip has been unearthed of Lisa from The Simpsons movie attempting to save Springfield from the dangers of environmental catastrophe.

In one key sequence, Lisa gives a speech to her classmates about what could happen to Springfield in 50 years unless something is done to avert the inevitable damage of climate change. The clip, which you can view below, is remarkably similar to the speech given by Thunberg this week.

Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-simpsons-predicted-greta-thunbergs-climate-change-speech-in-2007-2551972#jKYAXZz8lmV9RD1B.99

Back to top Go down

‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007 Empty Re: ‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Sad how this young girl has been so roundly mocked by the right for taking science seriously and having so much compassion for her fellow human beings.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007 Empty Re: ‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Sad how this young girl has been so roundly mocked by the right for taking science seriously and having so much compassion for her fellow human beings.

But it is indicative of how far the right will go, no matter the bounds, to have their way. It's very capitalist in flavor...kill or be killed. They live outside of civilization.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Sad how this young girl has been so roundly mocked by the right for taking science seriously and having so much compassion for her fellow human beings.

But it is indicative of how far the right will go, no matter the bounds, to have their way.  It's very capitalist in flavor...kill or be killed.  They live outside of civilization.

And there you have it. All evils are from the right to quill

This shows how warped the left are

Capitalism has continually gotten millions out of poverty.
No political concept has ever done so, but what does Quill do?
Yes Capitalism has problems, but this is used to go off climate change
Same question to Quill
What would you do to save this planet?
Would you give up urbanisation and civilisation and all those you love?
I get bored wirth the hypocrisy of the radical left.
To me they are biggest problem in the world today alongside the far right
If people are really interested in tackling climate chaneg. You forgo difference politically
Not blame each side and actually work together

Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:44 pm

So to Didge, that justifies publicly ripping a teenage girl who's just trying to save the human race. How utterly fucking pathetic.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:So to Didge, that justifies publicly ripping a teenage girl who's just trying to save the human race. How utterly fucking pathetic.

Can anyone see where i stated what ben claimed?

The girl is being used and is in reality achieving nothing

You are so wound up because I called you out on the reality of humans being selfish and this really fucks you off

We are seflsih but can act with individual acts of kindness, but mainly to are own species

I am simple stating a fact

I think we should be more caring to all spcies, but as usual you are acting like a spoilt brat

Grow up you fat fuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:13 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:So to Didge, that justifies publicly ripping a teenage girl who's just trying to save the human race. How utterly fucking pathetic.

You are so wound up because I called you out on the reality of humans being selfish and this really fucks you off

We are seflsih but can act with individual acts of kindness, but mainly to are own species

I think we should be more caring to all spcies, but as usual you are acting like a spoilt brat

Grow up you fat fuck

Laughing ‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007 2097912929 ‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007 202592697
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Grow up you fat fuck

Laughing ‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007 2097912929 ‘The Simpsons’ predicted Greta Thunberg’s climate change speech in 2007 202592697

I suggest you stay off the JD mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Grow up you fat fuck

I have stayed off that nasty-ass shit for a good 20 years now, Jack Daniels is horrid.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I have stayed off that nasty-ass shit for a good 20 years now, Jack Daniels is horrid.

I dont mind being your metaphorical punch bag for your frustrations of late. So knock yourself out
Just try and actually read what i am saying because you really made up a load of crap I never said and it showed you are being over emotional

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:31 pm

phildidge wrote:I dont mind being your metaphorical punch bag for your frustrations of late. So knock yourself out

phildidge wrote:You fat fuck
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:32 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:I dont mind being your metaphorical punch bag for your frustrations of late. So knock yourself out

Even I have my limitations and appologise for that remark.
It was out of order
Read back on what you said.
Dont worry its okay like i say and happy to be a punch bag
I dont make excuses and that remark was out of order
So I am sorry on that

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:40 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Even I have my limitations and appologise for that remark.
It was out of order
Read back on what you said.
Dont worry its okay like i say and happy to be a punch bag
I dont make excuses and that remark was out of order
So I am sorry on that

Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:40 pm

the right? are you talking about didge?

to be fair,ben all he did was post an article

i haven't seen what's being said about the girl but i think people are certainly allowed to criticise (obviously without being personal and nasty about it).

being critical is not being nasty or mocking

pointing out hypocrisies is not nasty or mocking

having a different viewpoint and arguing is not nasty or mocking

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:46 pm

gelico wrote:

the right?  are you talking about didge?

i haven't seen what's being said about the girl but i think people are certainly allowed to criticise (obviously without being personal and nasty about it).

Ben has a bee in his bonnet tonight with me because I questioned the morality of humans in how they are first fand foremost swelfish for humans

I am going to bow out he allows Quill to be as antisemitic as he likes and that is okay, because jews are an easy target. Yet when i question conspiracies on cops. Which they would never apply to any minority group. Its acceptable to believe and have a standing position that cops are corrupt

This shows the left holds different standards and morality to groups they assign with and like
It shows the left are as morality corrupt as everyone else

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:58 pm

gelico wrote:

I was the one who brought up the right. And no, I wasn't thinking of didge. I was musing over the brutality of the right, and thinking of how it is the core principle of capitalists.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:05 pm

gelico wrote:

The 16-year-old's words and actions have garnered backlash, including a mocking tweet from President Donald Trump. Thunberg responded in a Twitter thread on Wednesday.

"As you may have noticed, the haters are as active as ever — going after me, my looks, my clothes, my behavior and my differences," Thunberg said.

Greta Thunberg
✔
@GretaThunberg
Here we go again...
As you may have noticed, the haters are as active as ever - going after me, my looks, my clothes, my behaviour and my differences.
They come up with every thinkable lie and conspiracy theory. (Thread->)

View image on Twitter
1:44 PM - Sep 25, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
113K people are talking about this
She continued: "It seems they will cross every possible line to avert the focus, since they are so desperate not to talk about the climate and ecological crisis. Being different is not an illness and the current, best available science is not opinions — it's facts."

https://www.businessinsider.com/greta-thunberg-asks-why-adults-mock-threaten-teenagers-2019-9
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:21 am

She wont make one iota of difference, the people who matter are just laughing at her . She's being used !!!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:37 pm

nicko wrote:She wont make one iota of difference, the people who matter are just laughing at her . She's being used !!!!!

Who are the "people that matter", since they will be decisive according to you?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Take a guess !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:45 pm

nicko wrote:Take a guess !

Soo...you don't know?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down