NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ann Widdecombe

+13
Fred Moletrousers
Raggamuffin
eddie
JulesV
nicko
Cass
Eilzel
gelico
Vintage
Victorismyhero
Maddog
Syl
Andy
17 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ann Widdecombe Empty Ann Widdecombe

Post by Andy Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:17 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/ann-widdecombe-science-may-produce-an-answer-to-homosexuality-11733559

Not just ugly, but impossibly stupid, homophobic, racist, has become a right wing extremist and appears as mad as a bag of frogs.
I wonder whether she spread for Nigel?
It's clear to see why he recruited her.
I cannot understand why she is so anti gay, when no bloke in his right mind would want to impale her.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Ann Widdecombe Empty Re: Ann Widdecombe

Post by Syl Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:24 pm

Do you go out of your way to be such a nasty sexist pig  or does it come naturally to you?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 pm

Syl wrote:Do you go out of your way to be such a nasty sexist  pig  or does it come naturally to you?

My guess is it's an alcohol fueled outburst compounded by intense feelings of inadequacy, but that's just a guess.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:54 pm

its typical lefty extremism, same as allowing those L/W extremist bands that call for tory's to be murdered to perform at Glastonbury....but then ,therien lies the problem, it is L/W extremism that is the national security problem in this country, not the opposite....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:52 am

Unbelievable. So people are not allowed to have an opinion then, however out of date, everyone has to agree with you and your comrades. Provided she doesn't encourage violence or try to force her beliefs onto others, she's entitled to believe whatever she likes and express that opinion. She may be wrong but its her right to express her views, no one is forced to agree. If you disagree say so but without the need to be so unpleasant and personal.
How long before we have re education camps for those that just may not follow the current fashionable party line, is that what the left want to have everyone mentally enslaved to their particular idea of what life should be like?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:44 am

Andy wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/ann-widdecombe-science-may-produce-an-answer-to-homosexuality-11733559

Not just ugly, but impossibly stupid, homophobic, racist, has become a right wing extremist and appears as mad as a bag of frogs.
I cannot understand why she is so anti gay, when no bloke in his right mind would want to impale her.

how dare you, sir. Ann Widdecombe is a feisty fox

Many a man's General would stand to attention at the thought of Ol' Widders in her bloomers

Twisted Evil

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:11 am

Vintage wrote:Unbelievable. So people are not allowed to have an opinion then, however out of date, everyone has to agree with you and your comrades. Provided she doesn't encourage violence or try to force her beliefs onto others, she's entitled to believe whatever she likes and express that opinion. She may be wrong but its her right to express her views, no one is forced to agree. If you disagree say so but without the need to be so unpleasant and personal.
How long before we have re education camps for those that just may not follow the current fashionable party line, is that what the left want to have everyone mentally enslaved to their particular idea of what life should be like?

You're right, he shouldn't have called her ugly, that can't be helped Smile

But she is a homophobic idiot, of that there is no question. I once watched a debate in which Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry exposed her as just that.

It is blatant to anyone with a brain what she is suggesting with her comments, and it is far more sinister than paranoia about reeducation camps.

I hope the media continue to expose bigotry within the new Brexit Party - it'll bring it down like a house of cards before long Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:11 am

Eilzel wrote:
Vintage wrote:Unbelievable. So people are not allowed to have an opinion then, however out of date, everyone has to agree with you and your comrades. Provided she doesn't encourage violence or try to force her beliefs onto others, she's entitled to believe whatever she likes and express that opinion. She may be wrong but its her right to express her views, no one is forced to agree. If you disagree say so but without the need to be so unpleasant and personal.

You're right, he shouldn't have called her ugly, that can't be helped Smile

But she is a homophobic idiot, of that there is no question. I once watched a debate in which Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry exposed her as just that.

It is blatant to anyone with a brain what she is suggesting with her comments, and it is far more sinister than paranoia about reeducation camps.

I hope the media continue to expose bigotry within the new Brexit Party - it'll bring it down like a house of cards before long Smile

Spot on. Vile woman. She should stick with dancing.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:26 am

She speaks the truth, and is a Right Wing Tory, is that why you raving lefties don't like her. Disgusting remarks made about a Lady,no need for it !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:36 am

nicko wrote:She speaks the truth, and is a Right Wing Tory,  is that why you raving lefties don't like her.  Disgusting remarks made about a Lady,no need for it !

Wrong. We don't like her because she is a homophobic simpleton whose views are stuck in the 1950s.

That's why we don't like her. She is an utterly awful sounding individual.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:21 am

So, the only reason you don't like her is because she is "homophobic" ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:12 am

nicko wrote:So, the only reason you don't like her is because she is "homophobic" ?

There are a bunch of other things she's said and done that make me dislike her tbf.

But being homophobic is the main one, and I really don't see that as anything to be surprised about; she thinks conversion therapy for gay people in acceptable - that idea is honestly disgusting.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:28 am

I dont know what else she has said about gay people...must admit the only time I have ever taken notice of her was when she was on Strictly come dancing....and she was the worst dancer ever on that show. Razz

But what has she said here that is so heinous?
She was talking about people who are asking for help because they feel confused and cant face being gay, just as transgender people ask for help in changing their physical sex some gay people may ask for help in changing their mental sexuality.

This might seem incredibly naive of her, but she is a self confessed virgin, so maybe she just doesn't have the understanding of sexual matters than the majority of people have.

She should know though that the best way to get EVERYONE to accept their own natural sexuality is by having no discrimination at all..
The proof being  I doubt many heterosexual  people ask for help to convert them to homosexuality.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm

I await the inevitable red with calmness and dignity. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Syl wrote:I dont know what else she has said about gay people...must admit the only time I have ever taken notice of her was when she was on Strictly come dancing....and she was the worst dancer ever on that show. Razz

She was talking about people who are asking for help because they feel confused and cant face being gay, just as transgender people ask for help in changing their physical sex some gay people may ask for help in changing their mental sexuality.

This might seem incredibly naive of her, but she is a self confessed virgin, so maybe she just doesn't have the understanding of sexual matters than the majority of people have.

She should know though that the best way to get EVERYONE to accept their own natural sexuality is by having no discrimination at all..
The proof being  I doubt many heterosexual  people ask for help to convert them to homosexuality.

She has said homosexual acts are wrong, and voted against EVERY bit of legislation for gay equality. Her suggestion here comes on the back of that and taken in context of her stated beliefs over the years is clearly suggesting it as a 'solution' to being gay.

Conversion therapy actually exists too, and is a proven failure that damages people's health.

I agree with what you say about people becoming more accepting as the only real solution needed - it is homophobia that needs a solution, nothing else.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:26 pm

The only reason people would ask for help.is because they are made to feel like shit by homophobes like Anne.

PS I don't give reds, ever Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Syl wrote:I dont know what else she has said about gay people...must admit the only time I have ever taken notice of her was when she was on Strictly come dancing....and she was the worst dancer ever on that show. Razz

She has said homosexual acts are wrong, and voted against EVERY bit of legislation for gay equality. Her suggestion here comes on the back of that and taken in context of her stated beliefs over the years is clearly suggesting it as a 'solution' to being gay.

Conversion therapy actually exists too, and is a proven failure that damages people's health.

I agree with what you say about people becoming more accepting as the only real solution needed - it is homophobia that needs a solution, nothing else.

If she has said homosexual acts are wrong (but that's not what was said in the piece quoted) she is obviously homophobic. Is she a died in the wool Christian? that seems to be the mantra some still follow.
From the article quoted, where she was explaining what she meant when she wrote the piece years ago, she just sounds naive to me.

I wasn't meaning you give out reds....but someone in this thread obviously does. rabbit
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Not guilty either.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Syl wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

If she has said homosexual acts are wrong (but that's not what was said in the piece quoted) she is obviously homophobic. Is she a died in the wool Christian? that seems to be the mantra some still follow.
From the article quoted, where she was explaining what she meant when she wrote the piece years ago, she just sounds naive to me.

I wasn't meaning you give out reds....but someone in this thread obviously does. rabbit

More than one person, since I also received one, not that it matters Laughing

And no she didn't say it in the article, but has done. And yes she is a devout Catholic, which probably also explains the virginity Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:58 pm

She always seems a bit like a dotty old woman to me. She certainly doesn't deserve the remarks she received in the OP....they sound as bad as anything she may come out with.

I like Stephen Fry's much more classy response to her remarks.

"But will science ever find an answer to Ann Widdecombe".

Last edited by Syl on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Is she a slut too?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:The only reason people would ask for help.is because they are made to feel like shit by homophobes like Anne.

+1 Cos I'm the same. I never give reds.  Smile
Anne Widdicombe is quite proud of her implacable old guard conservative views - but it would have been great if she had moved with the times and modernised her outlook a bit.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Syl wrote:She always seems a bit like a dotty old woman to me. She certainly doesn't deserve the remarks she received in the OP....they sound as bad as anything she may come out with.

"Dotty" makes her sound like some sweet old lady.  As in scatterbrained but harmless ?  IMO she is neither.
As a previous MP she had a voice at the highest level in society. She was influential.
Been in a powerful position all her life - and her words still have the power to impact, that is why people recruit her.

My old nan died in her 90's and she never went thru a ''dotty'' stage. Her eyesight was rapidly going but in every other respect she remained as sharp as tack. Loved her! Nan would've been mortified if anyone called her dotty. Not that it's bad thing to be, it's just that it simply did not apply to her.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:34 pm

Andy wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/ann-widdecombe-science-may-produce-an-answer-to-homosexuality-11733559

Hi Andy!  Laughing
I think you should comment on awful looking men too, just to balance things out & avoid 'sexism' accusations? 
Or maybe people should not comment on appearance at all.  Ann Widdecombe 2190311264 

Labour's Diane Abbot gets these exact same comments [re her appearance & her sexual undesirability] 24/7.
If personal insults are wrong for Anne (& I think they are), then surely they are wrong for Diane too. 

Last edited by Jules on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:37 pm

nicko wrote:She speaks the truth, and is a Right Wing Tory,  is that why you raving lefties don't like her.  Disgusting remarks made about a Lady,no need for it !

No, as quite clearly stated by Lez that he and I do not like her views on people who are LGBTQ (I didn’t bother to type a long response because I agreed with everything he wrote and it would only be repetition). Neither of us raved. And just because I or anyone else do not like her stance on policies doesn’t make us raving either. You may think she speaks the truth, others do not. And we have just as much right to dislike her as you dislike other politicians but neither of us resort to name calling, no matter how mild, like you did. This forum allows for a variety of viewpoints. If you do not like them, then perhaps you’d be better off finding somewhere that fits in better with your views.

Neither Lez or I discussed her appearance and I quite agree that Andy’s comments were disgraceful. So please calm down.

It wasn’t me giving out reds either. I have only given 2 I think quite by accident due to tiny keyboards and big fingers. But I think I may have an idea who is, but I do not understand why they are doing it clandestinely.

Last edited by Cass on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Again, spot on. Exactly what I would have written.

To make people undergo forced treatment to allegedly change themselves to what others find acceptable is nothing short of mental and physical abuse and is vile. And because of her views on that, which have not changed, she is vile. The above article is just her trying to put a spin on it so it doesn’t come across as obscene so that she can retain some sort of political presence.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:51 pm

Jules wrote:
Eilzel wrote:The only reason people would ask for help.is because they are made to feel like shit by homophobes like Anne.

+1 Cos I'm the same. I never give reds.  Smile
Anne Widdicombe is quite proud of her implacable old guard conservative views - but it would have been great if she had moved with the times and modernised her outlook a bit.

Thanks Jules Smile

^Cass, right alien
I feel like people should take care not to allow views hers to become 'understandable' or 'reasonable' alternative views.

They aren't. And while she has all the right to express them, others have the right to call them out on the backward nastiness they are.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:39 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:She always seems a bit like a dotty old woman to me. She certainly doesn't deserve the remarks she received in the OP....they sound as bad as anything she may come out with.

"Dotty" makes her sound like some sweet old lady.  As in scatterbrained but harmless ?  IMO she is neither.
As a previous MP she had a voice at the highest level in society. She was influential.
Been in a powerful position all her life - and her words still have the power to impact, that is why people recruit her.

My old nan died in her 90's and she never went thru a ''dotty'' stage. Her eyesight was rapidly going but in every other respect she remained as sharp as tack. Loved her! Nan would've been mortified if anyone called her dotty. Not that it's bad thing to be, it's just that it simply did not apply to her.

I obviously would never have called your nan Dotty Jules, I never knew her. Laughing

However....my own opinion of Anne Widdecombe is she sounds like a dotty old lady when she carries on.
Just because a person may have influence and power it doesn't follow that they cant be dotty.
Think Hitler...or Trump. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:42 pm

Jules wrote:

I obviously would never have called your nan Dotty Jules, I never knew her. Laughing

However....my own opinion of Anne Widdecombe is she sounds like a dotty old lady when she carries on.
Just because a person may have influence and power it doesn't follow that they cant be dotty.
Think Hitler...or Trump. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 pm

How odd that when I mentioned that Michelle Obama looked a bit like a man I got ridiculed even though I praised her as a good candidate for being president.

Odd that.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:20 pm

Cass wrote:

No, as quite clearly stated by Lez that he and I do not like her views on people who are LGBTQ (I didn’t bother to type a long response because I agreed with everything he wrote and it would only be repetition). Neither of us raved. And just because I or anyone else do not like her stance on policies doesn’t make us raving either. You may think she speaks the truth, others do not. And we have just as much right to dislike her as you dislike other politicians but neither of us resort to name calling, no matter how mild, like you did. This forum allows for a variety of viewpoints. If you do not like them, then perhaps you’d be better off finding somewhere that fits in better with your views.

Neither Lez or I discussed her appearance and I quite agree that Andy’s comments were disgraceful. So please calm down.

It wasn’t me giving out reds either. I have only given 2 I think quite by accident due to tiny keyboards and big fingers. But I think I may have an idea who is, but I do not understand why they are doing it clandestinely.

Excuse me but who are you to tell nicko that he'd be better off finding somewhere else to post? You're the one who didn't like his views about raving lefties. Nicko is a regular poster here so it's not fitting to advise him to go elsewhere.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:24 pm

I think a high % of lusty men would delight in having the pleasure of Michelle Obama ( purely during a dream),  but would wake up in a cold sweat and rapidly losing the morning wood had they been dreaming of coupling with Ann Widdecombe.
I should hasten to add that whilst beauty and ugly lies in the eye of the beholder,  she now appears to be a pretty ugly and sour personality
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Andy wrote:I think a high % of lusty men would delight in having the pleasure of Michelle Obama ( purely during a dream),  but would wake up in a cold sweat and rapidly losing the morning wood had they been dreaming of coupling with Ann Widdecombe.
I should hasten to add that whilst beauty and ugly lies in the eye of the beholder,  she now appears to be a pretty ugly and sour personality

What does sex have to do with any of this? You're obsessed with it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:36 pm

Cass wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Again, spot on. Exactly what I would have written.

To make people undergo forced treatment to allegedly change themselves to what others find acceptable is nothing short of mental and physical abuse and is vile. And because of her views on that, which have not changed, she is vile. The above article is just her trying to put a spin on it so it doesn’t come across as obscene so that she can retain some sort of political presence.

Where did she say that people should be forced to undergo treatment?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:39 pm

Just because something that was deemed unlawful has been thankfully rectified you are not going to make everyone be joyful or accepting, they'll accept the change in the law but that's it, some will still be against whatever it may be.
Unless they actually cause harm or get someone else to do so, as outside abortion clinics, ignore them don't add to any publicity, they are, I hope a minority, that will grow less as time goes on - one way or another.  
As for treatment I think she's looking at it like changing physical gender which she mentions, it'll be there if people want it.
The reds are not from me by the way, don't do them.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:39 pm

Andy wrote:I think a high % of lusty men would delight in having the pleasure of Michelle Obama ( purely during a dream),  but would wake up in a cold sweat and rapidly losing the morning wood had they been dreaming of coupling with Ann Widdecombe.

I don’t know of any male who’s ever said they found Michelle Obama sexy...but that wasn’t even my point.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:40 pm

Simply replace the words racist with antiSemitic and right wing extremist with Left wing extremist, and you could well be describing Diane Abbot to a T.

One does not have to search too deeply in the Labour ranks to discover people who are ugly, impossibly stupid and mad as a box of frogs.

And by the way, didn't she "spread" for Comrade Corbyn? I can't think of any other reason why she should qualify for the shadow post of one of the four great offices of state in Corbyn's wannabe government.

Last edited by Fred Moletrousers on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:41 pm

I think there should be more reds in this thread rather than the greens given for what are, quite frankly, ludicrous posts. Surprised
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Yeah, you should really focus on Widdecombe's ideas. Focusing on her looks frankly does make you sound like you've got an issue with her femininity as well, it's borderline misogynist.

Just because Trump slings around childish insults like a schoolyard bully doesn't make it a good idea, after all.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Abbott is really strange.
She does seem to get confused easily.
I think if Corbyn , Abbott and McDonnell were replaced by moderates, the conservative party would collapse completely , leaving 4 main parties, Labour, LibDem, Green and Brexit.
That would be interesting during a GE.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cass wrote:

Excuse me but who are you to tell nicko that he'd be better off finding somewhere else to post? You're the one who didn't like his views about raving lefties. Nicko is a regular poster here so it's not fitting to advise him to go elsewhere.

I didn’t tell him to leave and I’m a regular poster here too thank you. I’ve just noticed that lately some posts that offer different viewpoints to his make him angry. I suggested if it’s bothering him that much then he should maybe go elsewhere if he would like to in case it is bothering him. Nowhere was I nasty to him. I told him to calm down because I know he has health issues. And I like him and don’t want him to let things make him worse. But also resorting to childish name calling when it’s aimed at me and my opinions, I am going to defend myself in a civilized and hopefully humorous style.

We can all do without the generalizations and labeling.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:08 pm

eddie wrote:How odd that when I mentioned that Michelle Obama looked a bit like a man I got ridiculed even though I praised her as a good candidate for being president.

Odd that.

Because, quite frankly, it is just as bad as what Andy said.

I think everyone, including me, needs to be more thoughtful of judging people by how they look.

Will I make mistakes about doing it in the future? Probably. But I hope I learn from those mistakes and try not to do it because I don’t want it done to me.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:How odd that when I mentioned that Michelle Obama looked a bit like a man I got ridiculed even though I praised her as a good candidate for being president.

Odd that.

Oh I remember that. You mentioned her broad 'masculine' shoulders and I countered your opinion by saying she had even broader hips.  I left it at that. There was no 'ridicule' of you ….. not from me anyway.

4 ever was here and she had a bit of a meltdown over it all and the Michelle-is-a-man row spilled over into other threads and I think Sassy joined in too. 

Fiery days.   lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Cass wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I didn’t tell him to leave and I’m a regular poster here too thank you.  I’ve just noticed that lately some posts that offer different viewpoints to his make him angry. I suggested if it’s bothering him that much then he should maybe go elsewhere if he would like to in case it is bothering him. Nowhere was I nasty to him. I told him to calm down because I know he has health issues. And I like him and don’t want him to let things make him worse. But also resorting to childish name calling when it’s aimed at me and my opinions, I am going to defend myself in a civilized and hopefully humorous style.

Well there was no need for you to suggest anything of the kind. He's entitled to his opinion without someone suggesting he posts elsewhere, and clearly, his post made you angry. It's Andy who's being childish anyway, not nicko. Some people are raving lefties anyway.

I also don't know why you're bringing health issues into it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:11 pm

Nicko and I are poles apart politically, but we both acknowledge and respect each other is allowed to voice their opinion, no matter how much we disagree. 
Truth is, we probably have quite a lot in common, starting with we are both grumpy old men.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Cass wrote:

Odd that.

I think everyone, including me, needs to be more thoughtful of judging people by how they look.

Will I make mistakes about doing it in the future? Probably. But I hope I learn from those mistakes and try not to do it because I don’t want it done to me.

Well, it was a passing comment that I think is true. I’m not going to think something and not say it if I want to.

And actually, Andy went a bit OTT but I never chastised him. My point was about something else.

Everyone has thoughts like “Oh my god look at the size of his nose!” Or “Jesus, her hair is awful!” It’s human nature. Just because some say it aloud doesn’t mean they're worse than those who simply think it and don’t say it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Jules wrote:

Odd that.

Oh I remember that. You mentioned her broad 'masculine' shoulders and I countered your opinion by saying she had even broader hips.  I left it at that. There was no 'ridicule' of you ….. not from me anyway.

4 ever was here and she had a bit of a meltdown over it all and the Michelle-is-a-man row spilled over into other threads and I think Sassy joined in too. 

Fiery days.   lol!

Yep. She’s manly. I am not being horrible. I think she’d make a great president. That’s far more of a compliment than I give many people tbf.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cass wrote:

I didn’t tell him to leave and I’m a regular poster here too thank you.  I’ve just noticed that lately some posts that offer different viewpoints to his make him angry. I suggested if it’s bothering him that much then he should maybe go elsewhere if he would like to in case it is bothering him. Nowhere was I nasty to him. I told him to calm down because I know he has health issues. And I like him and don’t want him to let things make him worse. But also resorting to childish name calling when it’s aimed at me and my opinions, I am going to defend myself in a civilized and hopefully humorous style.

Well there was no need for you to suggest anything of the kind. He's entitled to his opinion without someone suggesting he posts elsewhere, and clearly, his post made you angry. It's Andy who's being childish anyway, not nicko. Some people are raving lefties anyway.

I also don't know why you're bringing health issues into it.

I’m not angry. Why would I be? And thanks for your opinion. Have a good rest of your evening.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:30 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Well, it was a passing comment that I think is true. I’m not going to think something and not say it if I want to.

And actually, Andy went a bit OTT but I never chastised him. My point was about something else.

Everyone has thoughts like “Oh my god look at the size of his nose!” Or “Jesus, her hair is awful!”  It’s human nature. Just because some say it aloud doesn’t mean they're worse than those who simply think it and don’t say it.

Sometimes though Eds, things are better left unsaid, especially if they could hurt someone. By all means think it if you want but that was my point, that maybe our human nature needs a bit of fine tuning in order not to judge other people’s looks. Andy did make a pertinent point about beauty being in the eye of the beholder.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Cass, you are a kindly & mild mannered person. And you always have reasonable & sensible views as far as I can see. 

Don't worry about anything! 

Goodnight ladies!  cheers

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum