NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS

+11
Fred Moletrousers
labour revival
Lurker
Andy
SEXY MAMA
Beekeeper
veya_victaous
Irn Bru
eddie
Clarkson
Ben Reilly
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Empty New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've stated before that I find the word "c-u-n-t" to be offensive, as in the U.S. it's about the worst thing you can call a woman. Others have argued that it's shifted into more polite vernacular in their countries, so I've held off doing anything.

But, as we have a number of female members and they agree on its offensive nature, it's not to be used any more. I would also ask that members refrain from using other certain words that might be used as general insults but that originated as slurs against women, particularly in an ugly sense against female users. Thus, saying that someone is "bitching" about a problem is fine, but calling another member a "bitch" should be avoided.

I have also been asked to ban the word "Nazi."

Huh-boy.

This one I'm torn about, as it has always seemed to me to be a slur against a political ideology (like I've said before) rather than against a person's race, sex, religion or orientation.

HOWEVER. In the spirit of wanting everyone to feel welcome here and not abused, I am also asking that the word "Nazi" only be used in reference to actual Nazis or neo-Nazis. In the same vein, however, I would ask that right-wing users refrain from identifying left-wing users as sympathizing with the genocidal and/or oppressive regimes of Stalin or the Kim dynasty of North Korea. If it is insulting to be identified with Hitler, it is certainly insulting to be identified with Stalin.

Please bear in mind that links that lead to other sites that publish slurs are still allowed, provided their sole purpose is not to abuse.

Also, please bear in mind that the administrative team walks a tightrope. On the one hand, we don't want members to be abused; on the other, we don't want to stifle expression, and sometimes determining the difference between abuse and expression is simply a judgement call and cannot be made simply by referring back to a set of rules.

While nobody's perfect, it will also help if everyone tries to communicate in the spirit of criticizing ideas on their merits, and people on what they say and do, rather than seeking to fight, flame and insult in the first place.

Ultimately, those who rely upon insults seem to be unable to refute the position of the person they disagree with:

"Personal insults are the last refuge of the intellectual coward."
- Rabbi Shmuley Boteach

Discuss.

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Empty Re: New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 am

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Empty Re: New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 am

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

She'll skin you alive man!

What? You can't click on it and I c&p'd and nothing?

Thought he had actually done it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:25 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Hope nobody wanted the dish back!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:36 am

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!   Hope nobody wanted the dish back!

Yeah baby that's what I'm taking 'bout  afro 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:08 am

I make no promises

I will call My Prime Minister a ----, it is my right as an Australian  pirat  pirat  pirat 

But I DO agree it should not be directed at other posters.

Regarding Nazi, Smelly was making a good case for me being like Hitler  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes   in one of the Israel Palestine threads.....
I say Suck it up.  Nazi should not be banned.....bloody frogturds (I think that is racist  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:I make no promises

I will call My Prime Minister a ----, it is my right as an Australian  pirat  pirat  pirat 

But I DO agree it should not be directed at other posters.

Regarding Nazi, Smelly was making a good case for me being like Hitler  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes   in one of the Israel Palestine threads.....
I say Suck it up.  Nazi should not be banned.....bloody frogturds (I think that is racist  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad )

You're like Hitler, huh? Well, let's see ...

Male? Check.

Of European ancestry? Check.

Killed six million Jews? Check.

I'd say the shoe fits, man.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:19 am

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Fixedp10
veya_victaous wrote:
I will call My Prime Minister a c---, it is my right as an Australian  pirat  pirat  pirat 

FIXED   tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue 

Don't make me collect images of swear words  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat 

RESIST ALL AUTHORITY  ::rambo::  ::rambo::  ::rambo::  ::rambo::  ::rambo::  ::rambo::

::alahoo::  ::alahoo::  ::alahoo::  :::hitler:  ::alahoo::  ::alahoo::  ::alahoo:: 

Stirring the Pot  ::troll::
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:23 am

veya_victaous wrote:New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Fixedp10
veya_victaous wrote:
I will call My Prime Minister a c---, it is my right as an Australian  pirat  pirat  pirat 

FIXED   tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue 

Don't make me collect images of swear words  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat 

RESIST ALL AUTHORITY  ::rambo::  ::rambo::  ::rambo::  ::rambo::  ::rambo::  ::rambo::

::alahoo::  ::alahoo::  ::alahoo::  :::hitler:  ::alahoo::  ::alahoo::  ::alahoo:: 

Stirring the Pot  ::troll::

I love you guys!

Cool 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:25 am

Well, Veya is of French ancestry ...

::d&f:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:53 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Well, Veya is of French ancestry ...

Frogmerde!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:37 am

Yep
I'm a Frozzie

Frog-Ozzie
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:28 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

There you go Ben. Sassy's post and your reply is a good example of what makes people think you  are biased and she has undue influence

I'm sorry Nems, I like you, but that is just over-the-top paranoid. I can't even take shit like that seriously -- sorry.

Good job I like you too. Am I being paranoid? We shall see, in the mean time you carry on listening to granny gobshite, I did for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:31 am

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I'm sorry Nems, I like you, but that is just over-the-top paranoid. I can't even take shit like that seriously -- sorry.

Oh lord, send for the men in white coats quick.    ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Bloody hell Sassy I have to hand it to you ,you do have skin like a rhino. If I had that many people telling me I was at fault, I would have the decency to fuck off.
No what love I really really hope its worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:40 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Oh lord, send for the men in white coats quick.    ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Bloody hell Sassy I have to hand it to you ,you do have skin like a rhino. If I had that many people telling me I was at fault, I would have the decency to fuck off.

Your vile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:25 pm

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Your vile.

Christ on a bike is she still at it. Well, I've got a hell of a lot more people than them pm-ing me and telling me they are seriously touched, but I knew that already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

Your vile.

Christ on a bike is she still at it.   Well, I've got a hell of a lot more people than them pm-ing me and telling me they are seriously touched, but I knew that already.  

She doesn't stop does she, she reminds me of a wasp!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Christ on a bike is she still at it.   Well, I've got a hell of a lot more people than them pm-ing me and telling me they are seriously touched, but I knew that already.  

Can I request you don't answer her, then I won't see the crap.  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Your vile.

scratch  Your vile what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

Your vile.

scratch  Your vile what?

Rolling Eyes :::hitler: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:41 pm

This is how it carries on and on and on because people just have to have the last word New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Fed_up25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

There you go Phil, thats you given your instructions!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:44 pm

Sassy and Nems can you please not 'talk' about each other and just ignore it! Ffs how hard can it be?

Catman my advise would be the same to you too.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:45 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Sassy and Nems can you please not 'talk' about each other and just ignore it! Ffs how hard can it be?

Afternoon Sexy  :D x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:47 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Sassy and Nems can you please not 'talk' about each other and just ignore it! Ffs how hard can it be?

I'd be quite happy with that, lets see if the wasp can do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Hello Sexy !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Catman wrote:

Buzz buzz New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Stock-illustration-9747291-wasp-cartoon

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:50 pm

Catman wrote:

How old are you?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:50 pm

NemsAgain wrote:

Hello Sexy !

Hi Nems hope you are well x
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:51 pm

feelthelove wrote:

Hey FTL x

Hope its bright and sunny where you are im so sick of this rain!!!!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:54 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Hey FTL x

Hope its bright and sunny where you are im so sick of this rain!!!!

It is at the moment but it's been bright and sunny, dark raining and windy today so who knows what's coming next!!!  affraid  Hope you're well, I need a holiday New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Sunbat14x

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:56 pm

So do i , to a lovely hot country Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:59 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:So do i , to a lovely hot country Wink

Lets hope we get one soon hey  I love you xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:09 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Hello Sexy !

Hi Nems hope you are well x

Hello flower xx
Im ok, just getting over a horrible cold.
I hope all is ok with you xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi honey, precisely why I asked Phil not to reply. Hope you haven't been washed away yet. The river at the bottom of the road has a flood warning on it and sandbags, luckily we are about 20 house UP the hill, but it's getting a bit dodgy. No hope of walking the dog on the water meadows, completely flooded and the sluice gates are open, if he jumped in he'd end up miles away, and he'd definitely jump in, so he's a bit pissed off he has to stick to pavements at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Catman wrote:
Tess. wrote:

scratch  Your vile what?

Rolling Eyes New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Icon_g10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

Had a feeling you might do something like that Tess, sorry Phil you did ask for that one  :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:23 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Catman wrote:

Buzz buzz New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Stock-illustration-9747291-wasp-cartoon

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi9NCXtU_R5v-mJaN8g5Gw5ImVcPJ3t4llSc8yxmld_icoN5rY

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:36 pm

Sassy wrote:Sounds very sensible.   Although of course I should hate to be manipulating you lol  :D :::grouch:: 

This is oh so familiar and yes this is how you manipulate. Determine the language we may use you being the arbiter of course BEN has the final say once yoi have decreed.

Oh yes
Watch this list grown as sassy er sorry Ben decides the newspeak of the forum will be this henceforth. Watch and learn this is sassy at work.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:38 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi9NCXtU_R5v-mJaN8g5Gw5ImVcPJ3t4llSc8yxmld_icoN5rY

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Icon_g10
That one has tickled me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:41 pm

...homophobic slur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Catman wrote:...homophobic slur.

But you made a Nazi slur by using a Hitler smiley Phil?  confused 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:53 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Catman wrote:...homophobic slur.

The word Nazi is allowed, homophobic slurs aren't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Catman wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Ben_Reilly wrote:I have also been asked to ban the word "Nazi."

Huh-boy.

This one I'm torn about, as it has always seemed to me to be a slur against a political ideology (like I've said before) rather than against a person's race, sex, religion or orientation.

HOWEVER. In the spirit of wanting everyone to feel welcome here and not abused, I am also asking that the word "Nazi" only be used in reference to actual Nazis or neo-Nazis. In the same vein, however, I would ask that right-wing users refrain from identifying left-wing users as sympathizing with the genocidal and/or oppressive regimes of Stalin or the Kim dynasty of North Korea. If it is insulting to be identified with Hitler, it is certainly insulting to be identified with Stalin.

Please bear in mind that links that lead to other sites that publish slurs are still allowed, provided their sole purpose is not to abuse.[/url]

I don't think it is Phil? Perhaps I've got it wrong? New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 I_don_22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:01 pm

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Captu113

New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Dancin23 New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 Dancin24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:02 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Catman wrote:

Ben_Reilly wrote:I have also been asked to ban the word "Nazi."

Huh-boy.

Please bear in mind that links that lead to other sites that publish slurs are still allowed, provided their sole purpose is not to abuse.[/url]

I don't think it is Phil? Perhaps I've got it wrong? New no-no words: LISTEN UP YOU FROGTURDS - Page 2 I_don_22

No, you got it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 pm

While I definitely agree about the c**t word! I think we can sometimes take things a step too far in banning many words which should actually be tolerated as we are all adults! some can start pretending to be offended at some other words...

We need to be careful we don't ban some words just because someone does not like them.
But I understand the c**t word is highly offensive to women and a good call to ban that.Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:24 pm

The smiley that i used is from this site, so must be allowed to be used!  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next